Homestead Websites

Get a site. Get found. Get customers

Decade long user

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

I have been using Homestead Website Builder for over a decade, back when it was Intuit. I used to build websites from scratch, and over a decade ago I saw an ad for the software and tried it. It has made web-building a breeze, and I don't have to fix bugs or other issues for myself. It used to lack in some capabilities other web builders provided, especially before mobile browsing was popular, but with its newest website builder update, it couldn't be easier to create and maintain a website.

Pros

Its ease of use. It's user friendly and you don't need html experience in order to build a great, mobile-friendly site.

Cons

Th price increases annually. For a while there was an increase even though there were no additional capabilities making it worth the increase. There are cheaper options available, but I'm so established with the software I'm not interested in trying anything new. They just need to stay current.

Long time homestead user

Good but dated

Reviewed on 2013/09/09

I have been with Homestead for a long time. It is probably the easiest websiste creation platform for beginners there is.
The only problem is that the templates and other items are very outdated. Some of the items such as page backround, buttons and element are the same elements that were on there 12 years ago

Pros

Easy to use and make websites and have multiple websites. Uses paypal so you can start selling things from your site quickly.

Cons

Dated templates and lackmof modules as well as old outdated page elements and backrounds.

Danielle D.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Lame customer support

Reviewed on 2021/02/01

Frustrating. Have been with them for 10 years?
For worse with age.

Pros

Originally easy to use and good support.

Cons

Difficulty getting support, when you do—they lie and cause more problems.
Barely helpful.
System has difficulty sending emails through.

Donna P.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Needs Limitations

Reviewed on 2020/12/25

I had never designed a website before using Homestead, and while I'm sure it can be a great tool to use if you are more experienced and have a solid image in your mind of what your website should look like, I found that it confused me more than it helped me.

Pros

Homestead has plenty of options to choose from as far as layout and design of a website. It can help you get a website up and running pretty quickly if you have a decent understanding of web design.

Cons

Ironically, the thing that I like most about Homestead is one of the things I like least about it. There are many options for layout and design with the many template and font choices. However, in my opinion there are too many choices which made me question "is this font better than this one?" and so forth. I found myself running around in circles more than getting anything done.

Daniel A.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Modern templates with great flexibility

Reviewed on 2020/02/14

Website Builder is a vast improvement over Sitebuilder, the previous builder by homestead. I built our new site in about 7 hours, but I also was able to mine most of my content from our previous site, so that saved time.

Pros

All the templates allow you to completely customize every element. You aren't bound by colors or have certain elements that must stay. Another great feature is that while you are building your website, it automatically builds a similar mobile site, and you can then modify the mobile site without it affecting the main site.

Cons

It can be a bit difficult to get the site to do what you want it to do until you you understand what all the logo buttons do. It will take some trial and error turning things on and off to figure out what exactly your choices will make to the site. Thankfully you can do this in preview, but it still absorbs a lot of time.

Jan R.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Homestead website builder

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

It was quite easy to navigate and use this to build our website for our business.

Cons

It can be a bit confusing unless you know all the technology lingual and how to apply the correct address to having people land directly on your website.

Claudia R.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Homestead Easy to Learn

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

As a newbie in creating a website Homestead was easy to use and learn. As I got more proficient I realized the limitations. Maybe that has changed now.

Pros

It was easy to use and the learning curve was not long.

Cons

There were glitches in the software that Homestead didn't want to fix. Had to find ways to work around.

Kimberly H.
  • Industry: Media Production

Better Before

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

I wish they only had the desktop version but it is iffy at times. I loathe using the online builder which is more stable.

Pros

I loved that I had the website builder on my desktop and could use it offline instead of an online builder.

Cons

They switched to an online builder and while I still use my desktop one, you cannot switch back and forth and you lose out on what the online builder offers.

Cynthia C.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Homestead Use

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

Pros

The software is very intuitive so you can easily figure out how to produce the results you want.

Cons

It tends to glich a lot. Like typing will all of a sudden not work or it won't change your font size. Sometimes pictures won't rotate.

Marvelstreet

Dated Technology - Not worth it

Reviewed on 2013/09/24

I have been using Homestead since 2001, their technology is behind the times and I am migrating all of my clients and their websites off to Bluehost with Wordpress. The technology is not HTML5 which if you do your research is important - your website needs to be responsive - so it automagically fits on whatever device the person is browsing on and Homestead does not use this technology and they do not plan on it - or let you use wordpress. They are too expensive when you consider you can have a hosting site for 100 a year plus use the latest technology from wordpress - which is what over 50% of the global websites are built on. No brainer - Homestead is a dinosaur who has not kept up with the times. Sad to say...

Pros

easy to use

Cons

Their email service is a joke - in the past 2 weeks - I have had my email bounced back and not received. ALSO this happened earlier this year and it was ongoing for a month - this time it will be an estimated 3 weeks before it is fixed... ridiculous!