ProjectManager.com

Ed H.

Beware Free Trial: Scam

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/03/25

Very poor customer service experience and unethical business practices.

Pros

Good interface with a good blend functionality from traditional PM to agile kanban and story boards.

Cons

Resourcing of a project is a weak point, it's not possible to assign resourcing by % of time or time allocation to a project i.e User 1 90% and User 2 50% to the project so it's very inflexible in this way.

----BEWARE---- The free trial is only free for 30 days before this you have to have cancelled or you will be charged. I was charge over £700 to my personal account despite all the users being test users associated to my email. Yes it does stipulate this on T&C's but I've had a point blank refusal from them to reverse charges despite cancelling only 2 days late.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Justin L.

ProjectManager.com Software Package

Reviewed on 2016/06/23

I have a civil construction consulting small business that I work on during the weekends and I recently signed a free trial software package to utilize the project scheduling ghantt chart tool. Although I only had the opportunity to use it once it met my expectations. It was the same as using MPP but online rather than fixed on one computer!
Packages pricing are for total number of people listed with $X per user per month. For example Business package is 20 users with $15 per user; therefore, one must pay the complete 20 X $15= $300 per month once the trial expires. You don't become charged for individual users start dates, and you can chose packages as little as 1 user.

Pros

Can log into software on any computer as long as you have a login and password.
It has a good scheduling tool.
A lot of Project Management templates to choose from.

Cons

There is no notification prior to your 30 day trial expiration and if you forget to cancel you automatically enroll into a contract and payments will be billed each month.
An emailed consolidated contract agreement would be beneficial once user automatically enrolled following trial expiration.

Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Company size: Self Employed

Perfect for planning on mobile

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

The biggest benefit I have experienced is having everything listed in an organized manner at my fingertips.

Pros

This app is great for project management tracking and planning. Percentages of completion are automatically tracked. Template options are helpful in creating your own project organization scheme. Prioritization of tasks is incorporated, and I have found the app useful for business, personal, and education tracking, as it is user friendly, easily used on the go, and best of all, free.

Cons

The app, like many, can take some time to get used to using, to be sure folder weights are correct and tasks are placed in the correct place since there aren't trees showing the entire paths.

Juan othmaro M.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Functional, intuitive and lots of PM practices incorporated

Reviewed on 2018/06/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

After 3 years working I can say I like it is functional and is constantly changing/updating, many new features have been added and think that will continue to make it a really robust solution that will be able to fulfill multiple PM specific disciplines.

Pros

- Flexibility to customize regular tasks
-Implement various important metrics, reports and processes needed in a project, i.e. capacity, resource schedule.
-Support is responsive in few hours or days, can be better but is functional.

Cons

-No Kanban and so could incorporate features that help an Agile team
-No workflows, i.e. for software development cycle
-No project portfolio/programs

Mardy A.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Amazing Project Manager.com

Reviewed on 2018/09/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Good for planning and scheduling of task. I can easily use this software very friendly to us even on the first timer.

Cons

A little bit pricey but very worth it and helpful to my organization. Easy to manage the functions. The features is good but need to improve.

Alan S.

easy and practical tool

Reviewed on 2018/09/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

control of activities, better project management and control, workload visualization, activities and timesheet control

Cons

too much information on the screen harms new users and hinders the understanding....................

Jeffrey M.

Eureka - It's All Together

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Pros

We used to managed our projects, resources, and and reporting in different systems. Enter ProjectManager. We have consolidated systems and work more efficiently. Since we've transitioned over I'd say ProjectManager is open on my computer every day. I would highly recommend to all looking for a new way to handle project management and time keeping.

Cons

File size is limited when uploading documents, printing is awkward to edit and format, limited styling options when saving plans to PDF.

Steve C.
Industry: Entertainment

Great Product

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

ProjectManager.com is a SaaS-based tool for project management. Its easy to use layout and extended functionality gives you many tools to meet your needs while being easy to use. I would recommend it to anyone who needed a fully functional and easy to use project management solution.

Pros

Easy to use and has a wealth of functionality

Cons

None

Response from Project Manager Online

Hello Steve,

Thank you for the review and for the recommendation! We have more software updates planned for 2017 to make it even more powerful and easy to use.

Angie C.

Project Manager is a great tool for software implementation management.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

I like being able to track the mild stones and report on those statuses. Works well in a team environment for everyone to track their pieces.

Cons

One thing that I find slightly cumbersome with Project Manager is having so many tabs and levels. Sometimes I forget to go another level to enter the little details

Response from ProjectManager.com

Thanks for the kind words, Angie!

I will send your feedback about the tab UX to our product team -- they really like getting feedback on these things from our long time customers!

Have a great week!

Michael, Customer Support

Peter L.
Industry: Online Media
Company size: Self Employed

Has Everything I Need to Lead a Project

Reviewed on 2016/11/08

It's like ProjectManager.com was built for me, offering all the bells and whistles I've always wanted in a projectmanagement software. There's the real-time dashboard view, which is great for tracking progress and generating reports quickly and easily. It's online, so it's collaborative, and syncs seamlessly with my other apps. Kudos to the team that developed this great software!

Response from Project Manager Online

Hello Peter,

Thank you for the kind words!

Kalie L.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great product, yet pretty pricey.

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/04/16

With each of our customers requesting specific charts for their projects, we found that ProjectManager.com allowed us to cover all of our basis and gave an incredible breakdown of a timeline that is drool-worthy (if you're a project manager and you try it out you will totally understand!).

Pros

When searching for a new project manager software, we found that ProjectManager.com checked all of our boxes when it came to what we were looking for as far as features and customizations. I cannot speak highly enough about their support team. They were incredible with their responsese and were always willing to schedule a call/meeting to go over questions in which we did often in the trial phase.

Cons

The software was on the higher end of the price scale when it comes to PM tools. While we did find the features to be what we were looking for (graphs, burndown charts, notifications), we are a small startup and for the cost, we did not see that there would be a substantial ROI.

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great tool but looks like in 1990s

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/01/04

Pros

This is an all-in-one package for project management. It is in line with most of the methodologies (at least with waterfall ones) and supports managing the projects easily. All the needed functionalities are on place.

Cons

The design and layouts look like from the past of like from MS Project. It is a cons as we need to expirt most of the reports for other stakeholders and this is just not right for showing to other people. They expect higher quality of "image" - more flat design etc.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Ashley G.
Industry: Market Research

Daily User

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Pros

Fairly each to use. Glitz is minimal, every feature has a purpose.

Cons

Performance and load times are very slow.

Jairo A.
Industry: Computer Hardware

Agile & friendly for PM's

Reviewed on 2016/12/01

In general terms, this platform is useful and provides good coverage on daily basis activities and needs for project managers and PMO.

Pros

1. Based on Cloud Service
2. Promote collaboration and communication

Cons

1. Integration with MS Project is limited and simple (no lead or lag time, no columns with formula).
2. Customized Columns are limited (i. e. A simple List is not possible to set up)

Response from Project Manager Online

Hello Jairo,

Thank you for the review! We get thousands of customer requests for product improvements and we review every one. From there our product updates are driven by the most popular requests. We value all of our customer feedback and will pass your notes on to our Customer Support team.

Kit S.

My experience with ProjectManager.com

Reviewed on 2016/07/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I am a student and began a free trial on their site for one of my class assignments. Unfortunately the software wasn't quite what I needed for my assignment so I never ended up using it again. A month later my bank account was charged for the subscription so I immediately emailed the customer services and asked them for a refund. Once I explained my story and that I was a student who needed that money, they gave me a refund in full for the money withdrawn. If anything, Projectmanager.com has top-class customer service. They seem to know what they customer wants and how to provide a quality service all-round.

Cons

I feel that it is unfair of me to say what I liked least about this product because I didn't use the product for more than an hour.

Danielle R.
Industry: Internet

Great software for Managers and Leads

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

One of my favorite programs as a lead. It has so many features and functions. There is a lot of use and it's such a helpful software. I highly recommend this software to leads/managers/supervisiors.

Pros

Ease of Use.
The dashboards are clear and easily accessible.
Easy to share among leads/managers.
Task Management function is really great and helps everybody stay on track.
So many functions/uses

Cons

There is a lot to this software so it can be a tiny bit overwhelming.

Sarah V.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2018/07/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Ease of use, navigable via internet connection vs. software download, user accessible. Excellent customer service across sales, service, and billing teams.

Cons

I was hoping for more print-display options, especially with flexibility in sizing the Gantt chart; although I'm confident that this feature will become available soon.

Justin H.
Industry: Higher Education

ProjectManager.com for Collaboration and Planning

Reviewed on 2020/04/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, Projectmanager fit the bill by providing an easy to use and common planning/collaboration space.

Pros

Having worked with a number of project management software platforms, i found the interface simple and intuitive - this is a really crucial point as convincing colleagues to use the software is a hurdle in my context. Collaborative features were sufficient for the work we did, and gave us a common planning point.

Cons

I was a bit disappointed that reports require me to clean up and format - I feel that a paid-for product should provide enough report customization to produce a viable product without needing my own changes after the fact.

Brett H.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Used for years - only reason we stopped was organizational requirement to use internal system.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/09/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Solid platform, great features, migratable to 'Project' and super customer service. In 5 years the site was never unavailable.

Pros

Could invite team members from beyond my organization without access restrictions on firewalls. Good control over roles.

Cons

There are frequent changes in UI (good as far as customer needs) but have to "relearn" periodically - not critical though.

Austin S.
Industry: Construction

Survey 1-12-2020

Reviewed on 2020/01/13

Critical Path Scheduling.

Pros

Have not really used anything on this program other than Ghant Chart. Still working out kinds in it, see below.

Cons

Printing the Ghant Chart legibly is taxing. It takes a lot of trial and error and back and forth to print and be able to read without having to print on 11x17 sized paper. Even when printed that large, sometimes you cannot get all items on the chart to fill the page as needed. I have talked with your IT previous and was told they are working on this. This is our main reason for using this program is for the critical path linked scheduling software.

Ban C.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2016/09/22

Risinanda K.
Industry: Civil Engineering
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy to use, simple interface

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Pros

Progress of the work can be identified at a glance

Cons

No comments - no significant thing to mention anyway

Fabio F.
Industry: Computer Networking

Amazing customer service

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2016/11/15

Probably one of the best customer service available in a software company. Very happy with the services as well as the product

Response from Project Manager Online

Hello Fabio,

Thank you for the feedback! We love our Customer Success department as well and glad to hear they were able to help you!

Clay B.
Industry: Construction

Absolute Scam

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/04/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Nothing, this is a scam do not buy it. please read negatives for reasons why

Cons

Have no clue if the software is any good. The company is horrible to deal with. Customer service is existent but absolutely no help. They basically get you to sign up for the free trial then send an email that automatically goes to the junk folder to remind you its over then charge you over $500 the next month until you notice and cancel. asked for a refund as i never really got far into the trial never mind using it for my business and they refuse to do anything except send you a link to their terms and service. Refuse to do anything but give you another month of their useless software

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Stephanie K.
Industry: Computer Software

A great experience. Helps to organize, prioritize and track projects.

Reviewed on 2016/01/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The vendor is very accessible, and offers a lot of support in a variety of ways. The product is user friendly and offers many different tools to create projects, organize, prioritize and track.

Cons

I really don't have anything that I can say, that I don't like about the product or vendor.