Showing 150 reviews of 137

Jowenne P.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great for Freelancers

Reviewed on 2021/01/15

Pros

Nice interface. Easy to customize invoices. Easy to input hours worked.

Cons

The reporting and summaries for project tracking needs to be improved. It's very annoying to have to filter all the criteria in drop-down menus every time I want to evaluate a project budget or hours worked. Checkboxes would be more intuitive and quicker and more simple to use.

Nivin J.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A flexible and collaborative project management application.

Reviewed on 2018/08/05

Pros

The project management application enables time tracking, invoice generation and receiving payments. You have a centralized dashboard where you can manage and track all the expenses, logged hours and costs to the firm. If you want to take any strategic decisions you can just check the project dashboards and the reports generated, to get you an in-depth knowledge. The board is adaptive to your workflow preferences be it agile or Kanban. You can take down a list of your ideas or notes with the provided boards and cards. The searchability feature is very powerful, allowing you to add filters to the display grid which reduces the time taken for each search. To simplify the expense or cost management, you can group each expense to categories and subcategories. You can record the time spent by each employee in a task by using the mentioned time tracking feature. The most attractive feature of this application is that a click gets you to integrate the data from both expense tracker and time tracker and automatically create and send invoices.

Cons

The mobile version requires improvement, especially the time tracking feature. The absence of an option for recurring costs.

Michal S.
  • Industry: Program Development
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Ok product but not necesary worth the money, not impressed by the company

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Pros

It's easy to use and provides the functionality.

Cons

With stable client base we are generating 1-3 invoices per month, and we started using the FOREVER free version of the product as it was stated on the website. But on one nice day the company behind Nutcache decided to change the conditions and even to access the functionality we had to pay.
I have contacted them but there was no willingness to discuss, even leaving access to old stuff for free, which I have found DISHONEST in principle. Given the statement I would expect some, even not very useful, version to remain free as it was promised when we chose the solution. We'd still probably have to move to paid plan or to move on, but we'd not have to transfer/save all old records.
We have then decided to build own cloud based solution - it doesn't have the rich functionality, but it server us well and there is no risk of being impacted by some decision out of our control.
Let me get it right - I have no problem paying for service and we do pay for several, neither I want to downplay companies offering free service to then monetize it, as long as they keep their promises.
My problem was in principle, do not brake your promises.

Response from Nutcache

Hello Michal,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Indeed, 3 years ago, we made the business decision to withdraw our free version to focus our efforts on more complete solutions in terms of functionalities. A few weeks ago, we decided to once again offer a free version containing the features most requested by our users. We hope that this new free offer will satisfy you. Feel free to send us your comments again.

Best regards,

Tyler C.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

A great software to start a company

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Overall the experience has been very good. Nutcache helped me start a business and helped it grow over time.

Pros

When I was starting a company, there was a lot to do and no great way to keep track. Nutcache was a great solution to get off the ground quickly and easily with tracking hours while being able to effectively invoice clients. As the company grew, it was easy to bring other people into the project and use it to track the company's progress as a group.

Cons

I would love to have more control over the reports. The tool and interface is very valuable, but seems limited in its ability to customize and output the information in ways that I can bring it into other programs for either analysis or presentation to others.

I would also welcome some further power put behind the Gantt charts. I think being able to tie in schedule more and register delays, critical paths... some more of the aspects that you can find in Microsoft project, would be very useful.

Heilene O.
  • Industry: Design

I have been using Nutcache since they started out and I love how it grew into what it is today.

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

Very well apart from the above mentioned suggestion.

Pros

I love the ease of use and the fact that the developers implement features we have asked for during the years. It shows their commitment towards their users and I love it that we can feel that we are being heard.
The recurring invoicing is one of my favourites and the option to view a client accounts invoices, estimates and activity.

Cons

That it is not responsive. Difficult to sit in front of a client to give them an instant quote. That would be awesome if we can do that.

Also, a proper app where we can do quotes, send invoices, log payments and view client accounts.

Response from Nutcache

Thank you Heilene for your good words, and thank you for putting your trust in us since our very beginning. :)

Eric D.

Nutcache review 2019

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

Overall experience is neutral. You don’t have enough for what you pay. All the expenses in projects must be rethink. You should be able to integrate « fiscalités » and more functionality like intuit quicken

Pros

At first, 2-3 years, when I began using Nutcache, it was a good software for the the price you paid.

Cons

And without notice, price of Nutcache when nuts ! It became too expensive for what it gave. And now you pay 10 times the original price for things that you don’t need and they don’t take into sccount your request to make it better !

Response from Nutcache

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your constructive and relevant comments, we take good note of them. Rest assure that one of our representatives will contact you shortly to discuss your concerns.

Regards,

Alexandre D.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Good and universal project management online plateform

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

Good match for my everyday needs for my project management and consulting business, ConsulTerre ( www.consulterre.com ). We work to optimize social and environnemental impact for organization, for a better future.

Pros

Versatility, limited but efficient expenses management for project and your business. Follow up project advancement and co-workers time/expenses within a project very easily.

Perfect for any project managing startup and for meeting day-to-day tasks.

Cons

Needs to be more developped to include more third party useful apps like ASANA, Quickbooks, Zapier, etc. No ''iframe'' codes easy to use for building our customers experience by integration with a website (more time programming for businesses).

CRM could clearly be better or connected with many other apps.

Response from Nutcache

Thank you for your review Alexandre. We totally agree that Nutcache would benefit from more third party integrations, that's why we are working on it! :)

Paul P.

Unsatisfied after 6 years of use

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

The value is just not there for this product for what I'm paying. Honestly, if it wasn't for having all my past customers on this software I would have left a long time ago. It's over priced for not even being mobile optimized and not even being able to forward invoices anymore. It's 2021. You would think this software would have a mobile app or at the very least be optimized for mibile use. That alone is a huge problem when using the software. When the software went through an update something happened with the forwarding emails option and now I can't even send my invoices. I have to download then and then send them from my personal email. I contacted customer support and they were useless in helping me solve the problem. As soon as I find another invoicing software that will actually do what I need and have good tech support with a mobile app I will definitely be switching over.

Pros

Initially it was free and for the product that was offered it was a bargain. It was fairly simple and easy to use and I could directly email estimates and invoices to my customers from the software.

Cons

No mobile app or optimization. Can't forward invoices directly from software. Tech support is insufficient. Over priced for the sub par quality.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

I really want to embrace Nutcache, but a few things still bug me about them.

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

I think Nutcache has lot's of potential but is not quite there yet.

Pros

Nutcache has always been a visually pleasing product to work with - professional & intuitive. They seem to be very ambitious about developing new features for their customers, especially with their focus on project management (Scrum & Agile). So many other product offerings seem to be static, but not Nutcache. I periodically get emails touting their latest feature.

The time keeping & billing aspect of the software is also nice but...

Cons

There are a few items I wish they would change. First, they don't seem to have many integration options. There are a few partnerships, but one thing I always look for is the ability to turn an email into a project task instead of typing it out. This may seem like a small thing, but as an IT admin, I get very many emailed tasks throughout the day and I can't readily get them into Nutcache without typing them up.

Also, I can't seem to create a new task from the timer - again, a seemingly small thing, but it's a pain to have to jump into the project, create the task, then jump back into the timer, select the new task, and start the timer.

Lastly, I brought up this idea a couple of times with their support (during their free days, and once during a trial-period), and they seemed somewhat unresponsive, once not responding at all.

Joëlle F.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

The best solution for managing your projects

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

Completely satisfied.
The software evolves well with time. The updates are relevant and the customer service is impeccable.
I recommend it warmly.

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to tame. The data is clear and makes our day-to-day work easier.

Cons

Nutcache would benefit from better customization of submission and billing files.

Response from Nutcache

Thank you Joëlle for your kind words, your comments are important to us. :)

• Industry: Fund-Raising

Great for project management

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Pros

I find Nutcache to be efficient in helping me streamline the project management I do on a daily basis. The interface is intuitive and a good experience overall.

Cons

I think the mobile app could be vastly improved which is important as more work moves to mobile and for people who are on-the-go.

Dilyan P.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

nice job

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

Pros

design, easy to use, task list and workspace

Cons

need more tools. documents calendar ?! may be..

Braulio V.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Needs some improvement

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

Nutchache has some glitches which I have addressed to the team, but with no avail.

Pros

User friendly and UI seems ok. My clients like that they can pay online through the software.

Cons

I use the software mainly for invoicing. When you click the back button on the browser the pages stays stuck reloading. Wish there was a feature that would notify you when a client's invoice is past due. Even though there is an option for looking for past due invoices, it doesn't seem to work 100% of the time. Several times I've had to go back 6-7 months and even a year to find an invoice that was not paid when not listed on the past due page.

Varun C.

Good Invoicing Software

Reviewed on 2021/01/25

It is good overall for bug-free invoicing.

Pros

We have been using Nutcache for a lot of years for invoicing mainly and we like it as it is simple to use and not very expensive either.

Cons

International Payments directly to our bank account in India will be wonderful to have (like Paypal but a better forex rate).

Valerio P.

Great product

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

Pros

It's a great piece of software that will easily suit freelancers and small business owners' needs for invoicing and time tracking.

As far as simplicity goes, the layout of the website is pretty obvious. The design is navigated via the header tab, which is split up into Sales, Expenses, Time Tracking, Reports, Contacts and Maintenance.

Each one of these tabs has separate pages to make things as easy as possible to visualize for users. I actually like the setup.

Cons

It does not work for fiscal solutions specific to Latin American countries. For example in the Dominican Republic it is necessary to handle in addition to the invoice number, a taxpayer number that changes depending on what type of company is billed and how they will use the taxes on the invoice.

For cases where it is required that the invoice complies with specific workflows, this software may not be very useful.

Violaine F.
  • Industry: Photography

Love using nutcache

Reviewed on 2021/01/20

Mostly for invoicing and keeping track of money, it was great

Pros

It is really easy to use! Everything is pretty intuitive

Cons

Nothing really, but I didn't need to use all the features

Govert D.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Nutcache use as Project Timetracking

Reviewed on 2015/06/22

We use Nutcache for tracking our time on projects.
With 8 users we can easy registrate our hours on the projects. Also to see how much time we spent on a project.
We have choose Nutcache because the Mobile App and the Online PC portal works fine and fast.
Govert den Hartog
DH Automation Technology

Pros

- Easy registration of hours
- Nice and good working app
- Easy reporting of spent hours on a project
- Several export options to excel, pdf etc.

Cons

- We are missing time reporting within a selected project on a specific product or service

• Industry: Insurance

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

Pros

The simplicity of the software is great and doesn't require studying the software to be able to use it!

Cons

The multiple steps to print an invoice is somewhat long... It goes through many steps

Francesco S.

The Best invocing software

Reviewed on 2015/09/11

I run a digital marketing agency called idearte based in Peru, but i have clients abroad. For this reason Nutcache makes our lives easy.

Pros

Perfect for invoicing, project management.
Excellent user interface

Cons

Maybe the possibility to set workflows to approve invoices or estimates.

Rhasheda S.
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Nutcache Software

Reviewed on 2021/01/20

Very easy and impactful

Pros

It is easy to use cost effective and a great bang for your buck

Cons

When it transitioned from free to charged

Ignacio S.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Too expensive

Reviewed on 2021/01/25

Pros

I only use invoicing, customer data base and product data base. It was free

Cons

Now I have limited customers, product and services data base and the price is high.

Response from Nutcache

Hi Ignacio,
A few years ago, we took the decision to end the free invoicing version to concentrate on our paid plans. As a business owner, you must understand that we must make difficult decisions to ensure business growth. Thanks for your understanding.

Sylvain G.

Easy to use, answers all the needs of a small business

Reviewed on 2015/09/11

I was actually looking into Nutcache for their new Kanaban board feature but I was pleasantly surprised to find a really easy to use software to manage billing, customer service, feature requests, communication and many other things a small business should need on a daily basis. To top it off, it works great on iPad so it's also valuable on the road, a problem I have encountered with other similar softwares. Good job NutCache

Pros

Feature rich
Works great on iPad
Nice for custommer collaboration

Cons

Absolutely need an internet connection so it can't be used everywhere when on the go

Great solution for tracking time

Reviewed on 2015/09/12

The app was very easy and intuitive to use. It offered our team an easy way to keep track of their hours. Kudos!

Cross platform

Cons

Ability to input nonbilllable Lunches and duration of them with a simple click and drop down would be extremely valuable.
Reporting could use some refinement.

Miles K.
  • Industry: Design

It's good

Reviewed on 2015/09/12

I'm a photographer on the side and this program is a great way to generate basic customer records, track time and generate invoices. It does all the basics that I need.

Pros

Easy to use. Time tracking app on your phone. Overall great

Cons

The app needs to have an expense option. So if I'm at the store I can enter in an expense right there that way I don't need to spend the time at home entering the expense.

Shad G.