Mouseflow

Heatmaps, Session Replay, Funnels, Form analytics and more

David S.

Just an overall sotfware

Reviewed on 2019/09/02

If you just have an overall expirience and slow software you can choose Mouseflow, I wouldn't recommend this to a friend never.

Pros

They recording system is good with proper stadistics

Cons

The filters to search data are very dificult to use, and have mane outstanding problems, sometimes we can't see the recordings for hours, and is also pretty slow

Response from Mouseflow

Hi David,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Mouseflow. Since your review we have re-designed the filters and added significant more flexibility.
I encourage you to sign-up for a new free trial and review a the improvements introduced into Mouseflow.

Ghislaine V.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Easy to use tracking software

Reviewed on 2021/01/21

Mouseflow gives a good insight into the website visitors movements on our pages. This helps us to improve pages and page flows.

Pros

I like to possibility to define which page flows you are interested in afterwards - you don't have to wait for results.

Cons

Cannot think of what I don't like about this software

Response from Mouseflow

Hello Ghislaine,

Thank you for sharing your review :). We are glad to have you!

We know how important site speed is, so we have made Mouseflow so that it doesn't have a negative effect on it.

As we record all your website visits, your data becomes available very fast so that you can jump right in. Have you tried funnels and forms? You can build these retroactively so you don't have to remember to set them up either ;).

We are around if you need us. Just fire up a chat inside the app and we'll be right with you.

See you soon!

Paul E.
  • Industry: Music

mouseflow is integral to my business as a sole proprietor who manages their own website.

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

I use mouseflow every day! as a sole proprietor whos website is my primary way of reaching new customers, being able to see exactly how the site is being used is incredibly valuable to me! I can check commonly visited pages, looking for errors and based on the users activity, I can make changes aimed at streamlining their interactions. I highly recommend this product!!!

Pros

This is very easy to use but any time I have had a problem the support has been just excellent.

Cons

really the only thing I would say is that for the free trial if you have a site that gets a ton of traffic, you can go through your credits pretty quickly. and in some cases the throttled results might not be particularly useful.

Response from Mouseflow

Hello Paul,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are glad to be of support for you and your business.

Keep rocking!

Let us know if you need anything in the future.

Andrew P.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Essential to see whats going on

Reviewed on 2021/03/15

We use Mouseflow daily and find it good value for money and offer most of the features we would like.

Pros

Mouseflow is a critical tool for us, we need to see what is happening when we deploy new payment options or when we make changes and Mouseflow has helped us spot issues and has been invaluable.

Cons

I would like more filtering options ie visitor has been to page X but not Y

Response from Mouseflow

Hello Andrew,

Thank you very much for your feedback and review.

I have shared your feature request to the product team. We are going to be making a lot of improvements this year to our filtering options, so make sure you log into the app regularly to check it out.

Gregory G.

Pretty good site

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

Pros

Easy to use, and fairly cheap. I also thought it was helpful to gauge user interactions.

Cons

It's not good on mobile. I would like to be able to check recordings on my phone.

Response from Mouseflow

Hello Gregory,

Thank you very much for sharing your rating and feedback.

Florin P.

For Website managers and developers, if visitors not converting

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

Find out what visitors do on your website.
Test A/B designs of your website
Great testing for any marketing team and developer of any web-based product

Cons

Not always recording, or recording without viewport, you can see the user moving through the page but nothing showed to the viewer.
Not compatible with all the caching system, my opinion.

Response from Mouseflow

Hi there, Florin!

It took us a while to get back to you on your review, and for that we are sorry.

Thank you very much for your support and giving us such a great review.

We appreciate your feedback. It does sound that you encountered a bug of sorts that was preventing you to properly visualize your recordings. Our system is set up to show the recordings as the visitor sees it, so we hope that you raised the issue to our support team to help you sort it out.

A lot has changed since you left your review, so we hope you have kept around to enjoy our improvements. If not, we'd love to see you back and experience Mouseflow again.

Thank you again for your review and support!

Brian W.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Gain great insights into your webflow.

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

It's been a great tool to support our web development and product enhancements. It also allows to provide great customer service and troubleshoot issues for our clients.

Pros

This software allows us to quickly view sessions on our website installs to help us determine if our features and services are supporting customer engagement and interaction. We can view user sessions to see what people are liking, interacting with and getting stuck on.

Cons

Sometimes, it's hard to tie a user to their session, especially since our service has multiple installs. Each time the user leaves one install and moves to the next, a new recording is created.

Response from Mouseflow

Hello Brian,

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate your support!

Custom variables could potentially solve your challenge - we allow users to tag recordings with any data from their end. If you have users id's you could pass them along to our system and be able to filter recordings by those variables (in this case user ids). If this is something interesting for you, please shoot us a message and we'll assist you with this!

Ravi K.

Excellent product to improve Web content and Design

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

Better than I expected for my needs.

Pros

Other than the primary feature of recording the movement on the page, the ability to view the pages visited. This helps greatly in seeing what visitors are interested in.

Cons

Nothing in particular. Haven't come across any problematic issues so far.

Response from Mouseflow

Hello Ravi,

Thank you so much for sharing your rating and feedback.

We know there can be a little bit of a learning curve to start using Mouseflow, so we've made changes to our onboarding flow and support to get you analyzing in no time.

Please remember that you can always fire up a chat to talk to support or send an email to [email protected] to get help.

Marco I.

Great Mouse Tracking Tool

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

I really like the ease of use and setup process of Mouseflow. They had a great walkthrough to onboard me. Also, they did a good job of communicating the data security policy that you have to adapt to your website.

Cons

It was a little bit overwhelming to overlook all the features in the dashboard. I couldn't manage to find some simple features like the embed code.

Response from Mouseflow

Hello Marco,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We are sorry it took us this long to get back to you.

It's been a while since you wrote your review, but since then we've made a lot of improvements in our flows that have made the app easier to understand and more intuitive. We hope that you have stuck around to enjoy this, but if you didn't we'd love to have you back and see what you think :).

Moreover, We'd be interested to understand your rating about your rating around "value for money". Could you please email at [email protected] so that we can find out more?

We look forward to hearing back from you, and we thank you for your support.

Tyler madison

Great for Customer Insight

Reviewed on 2013/09/30

I've been using Mouseflow for about a year. So far, it's been great and I've referred a lot of friends!

We use it on two websites and always find new ways to improve. It's great for testing assumptions and gaining real-time customer feedback.

They stand by their product (unlike Clicktale) -- good support, too.

Pros

Easy to setup
Good support
Good prices
Highly accurate

Cons

None

Response from Mouseflow

Hey there, Tyler!

We know. This reply was long overdue, and for that we are sorry.

Thank you so much for being our first reviewer, ever, and for rating us so favorably.

We hope that you have stuck around and grown with us. if not, we'd love to hear what you are up to these days. Please shoot us a message to [email protected] to connect.

Thank you!

Tom L.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Mouseflow provided crucial insigths to improve UX

Reviewed on 2021/01/23

Great, impactful

Pros

The videos of actual customer behavior were "eye-opening" and shattered some of the misconceptions we had about the customer journey on our site.

Cons

For now I have not found any negatives with the software

Response from Mouseflow

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your rating and review.

Mladen P.

A super tool

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

It's great so far!

Pros

All in one platform. You can do everything on it.

Cons

I have nothing againts it. Not a single thing.

Response from Mouseflow

Hi there mladen!

Thank you so much for sharing your Mouseflow review.

Kurt M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

I really love Mouseflow

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

Pros

Mouseflow provide me actual data of the user behavior within our website and used it to implement strategic conversion rate optimization.

Cons

None. I really like all the features and it's easy to use.

Response from Mouseflow

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for sharing your rating and review.

David G.
  • Industry: Photography

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

Pros

I love being about to see how our users are using our site!

Cons

I do not have any complaints about this platform.

Response from Mouseflow

Hello David,

Thank you for sharing your rating and for choosing Mouseflow to improve your website!

Elyssa K.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Elyssa's review

Reviewed on 2021/03/31

Good

Pros

Very clear visuals, simple interface, integrates easily with wordpress

Cons

Unable to export data, slow load time, doesn't work with all elements on our webpages

Response from Mouseflow

Hi Elyssa,

Thank you very much for sharing your review and rating.

We have messaged you in the app to explore the issues you are reporting as we are able to export data, load up pretty fast, and work with dynamic elements on websites. We'd love to take a look at your account to see if there are any issues.

Crystal I.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great For Recording Iframes

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Pros

We use Mouseflow primarily for its user recording tool. Originally, we used Hotjar, but a major part of our website is hosted in an iframe, and Hotjar did not have iframe functionality. We reached out to Mouseflow to see if they had iframe recording functionality and they do.

The user recording tool is straight forward. There is no learning curve. It allows you to speed up the recording, skip ahead, plus it tracks clicks, taps, dead time (where the user is not actively doing anything on the screen), click rage, etc.

One of our favorite features it the auto-tag feature. Recordings are automatically tagged for you with tags like "click rage" or "payment" or "click error". This is helpful for skimming through recordings and only watching the ones that include tags which are important to you.

We have reached out to support numerous times. They are always prompt and kind.

Cons

One of our biggest cons is the endless scroll option in the user recording tool. It seems silly, but when you are scrolling and scrolling, the page gets bogged down. It makes sorting through recordings slow and arduous.

Response from Mouseflow

Hello Crystal,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback. We are sorry it took is this long to get back to you.

We have made performance improvements when browsing through the recording list since you left your review, and we hope you have stuck around to enjoy these improvements. If not, we'v love to have you back and give it another try :).

Thank you again for your feedback and rating. We appreciate your support!

Paul H.

Best user recordings available

Reviewed on 2021/02/19

Pros

The recordings are incredible. One example - I received an email from a user who experienced an issue on the site, but didn't provide any details. I was able to locate his recording and see the exact error who receive - then fix the issue without having to ask the user for more information. I also love how all the pages they visit are organized into one recording so you can quickly skip between the pages they visit.

MouseFlow also does a great job at ensuring end user privacy by automatically blocking users sensitive data, and allowing you to add additional CSS selectors to things you don't want to track that might not be ignored by their software. You can auto opt out of recording GDPR users and much more. We have tried others and this is the best product on the market!

Cons

I wish it was a little easier to modify the heatmaps. Sometimes we have a popup that will be on top of the heatmap or animated elements don't appear because the animations have not completed when the page snapshot was taken. In my experience a quick message to their support will fix the issue.

Response from Mouseflow

Hello Paul,

Thank you for such an awesome review. We love that you got to locate the issue and solve it through our session replay.

I can see that your problems with the popup overlays in heatmaps have been solved. Anytime you run into any issues, don't hesitate to contact our support staff :).

Eric D.

Robust Software at A Great Price

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

Overall, great experience.

Pros

Integration was easy and online training videos really help you sort through all the data that Mouseflow collects. There are quite a few filters and custom tags and the ability to save filter reports helps expedite my research.

Cons

Since there is so much data to pour over, it would be great to have prebuilt reports and alerts that help give you a game plan of how to take action on the issues you uncover. Some of these action items were mentioned in passing on the screencast training videos, but I had to take notes to remind myself of the things I am looking for once I started digging into all the recordings and heat maps. Again, there is so much good data that Mouseflow collects. The question is: Where to start?

Response from Mouseflow

Hello Eric,

Thank you very much for sharing your rating and thoughts about your experience with Mouseflow.

We know that there is a but of a learning curve, and we are making an extra effort in providing more guidance through the onboarding process. We'll keep your feedback in mind to make some adjustments.

If you ever feel stuck, please fire up a chat inside the app and we'll do our best to lend you a hand.

Igor N.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Only a fool can go without MouseFlow, is a must for any web business!

Reviewed on 2021/02/20

I was used to other similar softwares, and yesterday I decided to look for a better one. Once I saw how much more I could have learnt from this app, I decided to install it immediately.
I run a WordPress ecommerce and the installation was pretty much instantaneous: copy and paste, and you're done!
The data immediately started to flow in and it was SO interesting!

Pros

You can really see the user behavior with 100% accuracy and fix your website mistakes based on the intel. It's incredibly precise and display the information with different scales of measurement at once. Is not only intuitive to use but also very precise.
When you do a website, knowing the user behavior is crucial: people never act as you would have expected. This can cost a company MILLIONS. Only this tool can make the difference from wasting money and earning them.

Cons

Can't imagine anything I didn't like. If I really nee to say something, sometimes the site doesn't load correctly in the iframe, but a refresh fixes.

Response from Mouseflow

Hi Igor,

Thank you so much for your review.

We love having you on the platform.

Best way to review User Sessions

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Being able to review across multiple device types, seeing through the form feature where customers may be having difficulty and getting a full view of my sales Funnel.

Pros

I love that I can set it up using Google Tag Manager and having to rely on my IT team edit the HTML on the site. This allows me to turn it off or on when needed and also the filters to view sessions such as tags.

Cons

My plan only allows me to have 6 sites and i have to remove it from Mouseflow's GUI to add as 7th site. I wish there was a feature to "freeze/put on hold" and add another site in place of it. This would still allow me to have 6 active sites but have 7+ configured.

Response from Mouseflow

Hi there!

We are terribly sorry it took us this long to get back to you on your review.

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us. We'd love to find out more about your experience with customer support, as it seems to have been an issue.

Sometimes things happen and we would like to learn from your experience. Could you perhaps shoot us a message at [email protected] and let us know what happened?

We love the idea to "freeze/ put on hold". That's going right into the backlog ;).

We look forward to hearing back from you, and thanks again for your review and feedback.

• Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Worthwhile Heat Mapping Tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Overall, I'd recommend the tool. The price point is good for what you get and we use it on a regular basis to keep track of our website's usability with actual customers.

Pros

Mouseflow is a great tool for heat mapping and session recordings. I frequently watch user sessions to see how our customers interact with our website, or see how they react if we modify something on a common page like the homepage. The heat mapping is also useful, since other free tools don't always give an accurate picture.

Cons

We have Javascript on our website, which isn't always picked up by the Mouseflow tool. So it can be difficult in those cases to see what's happening. However, usually this is minor.

Response from Mouseflow

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Mouseflow. We are happy to read that you're getting a great value from our tool. You can find a guidance on various javascript challenges from our Support Center at: https://support.mouseflow.com/

Benjamin T.

The ultimate tool for monitoring your traffic and optimizing flows.

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Super useful team, would recommend!

Pros

Super easy to implement and get up and running. Having the heat map overlay on your site, you can make tons of adjustments and see you pain points that clients are having issues with. It's also crazy to see how painful you want your users to click or visit some area in particular, and with optimization you can make it work for your benefit.

Cons

No issues so far, looking to see what the team adds in the future!

Response from Mouseflow

Hello Benjamin,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and rating.

We are working a some exciting features coming up. Make sure you follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to keep up-to-date with our releases.

Crystal I.
  • Industry: Insurance

Pricier Than Some, But Still A Good Asset

Reviewed on 2017/05/31

Pros

We've only just started using Mouseflow. Originally we were using a different option, but chose to move to Mouseflow because they were able to support iframe session recordings.
So far, pros include:
-Being able to record (and SEE) what users are doing in an iframe
-Lots of features (we probably are not using Mouseflow to its full potential)
-Easy to set up

Cons

I don't like the fact that you can't add notes to recordings for other people on your team to see/read later.
I also am not a huge fan of the layout. There's a lot going on with Mouseflow, which is great, but there's definitely a learning curve.
Also kind of a bummer that with the iframe recording, you pay for 2x the recordings. (1 recording is what is outside the iframe, 1 recording is the actual iframe.) So for us, this meant we had to go into the next pricing plan. Not super happy about that, but that's what it takes.

Response from Mouseflow

Dear Crystal
Today, Mouseflow will allow you to add notes to recordings just fine. With the Mouseflow Live Heatmaps you are able to keep your iFrames visible during overlay of our heatmaps.

Luis R.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

important for e-commerce

Reviewed on 2021/01/21

good

Pros

able to see who goes on your site and what it shows to them

Cons

complicated sometimes to maneuver outside the set guides

Response from Mouseflow

Hola Luis,

Thank you for sharing your rating and review.

We know that there is a learning curve in using Mouseflow, and we are taking steps to make it easier for everybody to use it as they need.

It seems that you didn't have a good experience with our support team, and we'd love to find out what can we do to make it better for you and everybody.

Perhaps we could chat over the issues you found in usability and support? Shoot us a message inside the app and we'll be with you.

We look forward to chatting with you soon!

Maryna N.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

The swiss-army of analytics

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Mouseflow saves me a lot of time by quickly identifying problems on my website automatically. It has also helped me have a better working relationship with my development team as it helps translate UX issues.

Pros

One of the things I like best about Mouseflow is the depth of data available to cross-check your website performance. Its filters can be applied on all of the features, giving you a ton of flexibility especially when you need to run extensive research. I also like that it picks up UTM parameters without any extra set up, and that it automatically detects JS errors on my website.

Cons

I wish there were more content around learning how to make the best out of the platform.

Response from Mouseflow

Hello Maryna,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mouseflow. We definitely appreciate it!

We are focusing a lot of our resources into providing more valuable content to our users. Make sure you follow us @mouseflow on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter to stay up-to-date with our content and feature releases.

Thanks again!