UKG Ready

JEFF
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Kronos for Workplace Scheduling

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

My regular work for the last year or so has recorded my hours and wages via clocking in with my badge on the Kronos system. I have learned to utilize it for all I can. I see my previous work info before payroll is done and can view future schedules and current numbers and earnings. I work for a terrific and large company and Kronos has been a decent timecard tool.

Pros

I have had a regular job that uses this system to clock in and clock out employees.But the device has so much more that allows us to see specifics-specifics related to current pay periods, previous and future. I can see my schedule on the little box and it's really a simplified tool.

Cons

I am on the fence on dislikes. My biggest is likely just what happens but I have had times that I did clock in and it did strange things.An example was an evening that meal break button led to clocking out for the shift.Random but troublesome because our version is not designed to allow management to alter or adjust our needs or problems directly through the system. Qe have to use a paper log for HR or Payroll. So smooth yet missing an easy touch.

Bruce

Flexibility to Customize According to Your Needs

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

We are using time-sheet entry notes for our users to document their activities with customers. These notes in turn make their way onto our billing statements to our customers . This saves countless hours of work for our billing department.

Pros

Workforce Ready is a very robust time and labor application that can integrate seamlessly with your payroll solution. The granular configuration options allow the administrator and/or implementation team to set up their timekeeping solution according to their individual needs. Moreover, by mixing and matching profiles within the different areas of configuration, one can fine tune options by departments or individual employees if necessary.

Cons

Perhaps it is unavoidable but with the extreme level of flexibility comes also an extensive admin interface that could take a good amount of time to fully grasp. An administrators with years of experience could easily expect to still be learning new and better ways to complete tasks.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

Primarily experience. I have worked with this team for many years and am very familiar with the emphasis they put on customer service. Just today, there was a brief (90 minutes) outage caused by a DNS problem. As soon as it was reported to me, I knew that I could log in to the customer service portal and immediately be informed with all available information about the problem as well as when the next update would occur. These folks run a tight ship.
Susan
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Less than satisfied

Reviewed on 2017/05/30

We implemented and went live 1/1/2017 with Time and Attendance and Scheduler. The Scheduler had so many features missing on 1/1/17, we had to postpone implementation until the 4/1/17 release date. Every time we ask a functionality question, the answer is "That's a good idea, maybe we can incorporate that in a later release." Not necessarily a good response, when someone is paying you to use software and your question is something you said it could do in the demo. The 3 months worth of credit for our billing I have yet to see applied to our account.

And there are the time clocks, well 5 months in and I am working on getting my third one to see if it will work correctly. First one we bought was compatible with barcodes. We purchased barcodes from a Kronos recommended supplier to fine out they were not compatible with the new clocks. When told we should have sent them in to be tested, I had the response "but we bought them where you told us to buy them." Then, we sent our proximity badges in for evaluation to change from a barcode scanner clock to a proximity badge scanner. Almost a month to get the test results that they worked with the clock, another month to get a correct order form to sign, then 3 weeks to ship to us all to find out Kronos ordered us the incorrect time clock reader. So I am almost 3 months into a process that has been a huge waste of my teams time.

We use a small portion of this product and will think twice before we ever expand it.

Pros

I like the core of the product line, the Time and Attendance module. It is easy to use and the self service is easy for employees to understand. Our consulting team doing the implementation has been great to work with.

Cons

Customer Service with this product has been huge disappointment. Tech Support has been even worse. And don't plan to get a response on anything unless you contact them with a follow-up.

Response from UKG

Hello Susan,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I apologize for the experience you have had thus far with the Workforce Ready solution. I have escalated your feedback to the appropriate stakeholders, and I welcome you to contact me directly so that we can speak further about what you would like to see in the product and submit these ideas to our product management team, as well as help resolve the issues you have been experiencing with our time clocks and support. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email at [email protected].

Melissa
  • Industry: Legal Services

UKG for Employees

Reviewed on 2023/11/21

Pros

Our company uses UKG for our pay and benefits. It’s very easy to use and has all of my work related stuff right at my fingers

Cons

Nothing! I have been using it for over a year and have had no problems

Deon

Workforce Ready - an upgrade?

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Workforce Ready was supposed to be an upgrade from the previous Kronos platform. The feature set was less than what we had before. As much as this was hyped as an upgrade. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

Pros

Cloud-based and zero on-premises footprint.

Cons

Some processes are convoluted.
Not intuitive.

Workday Financial Management

Reasons for Choosing UKG Ready

We were convinced that this would be better for our organization and that the feature set was richer.

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

Even though we already own the Workday module, the feature set and ease of integration that was promised to us, appeared better for our organization.
Lara
Lara
  • Industry: Newspapers
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Not the most user-friendly time management system

Reviewed on 2019/12/24

My experience with Kronos has been somewhat frustrating. While I like keeping track of time and attendance using software, I wish this one were more user friendly.

Pros

My company has used Kronos for a long time for keeping track of time and attendance. Having this digital system eliminates a lot of human errors in processing our hours worked and time off, and it generally makes the process of entering hours relatively smooth.

Cons

I've never found the software to be easy or intuitive to work with and often have to ask our HR department questions about how to use it properly. I've had issues keeping track of my time off and banked holidays, and figuring out my correct count has sometimes taken a lot of effort.

Response from UKG

Greetings Lara,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Workforce Ready. It's great to hear that the product eliminates a lot of human errors in processing your hours worked and time off, and how it generally makes the process of entering hours relatively smooth.

When it comes to the software ease of use - please feel free to contact me at [email protected] to discuss your issues further. I can also help provide you with some resources that may help with some of your issues.

Thank you again for your review.
Alaina Froton
Customer Marketing Specialist

Breanna
Breanna
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Kronos

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

I am not a big fan Of this app, but it is nice it connects directly with our pay portal.

Pros

I like the ease of being able to clock in from anywhere as well as seeing all of your past punches.

Cons

I do not like how many words are listed when viewing the schedule, not user friendly for people who have multiple places to be/meetings. The app also crashes constantly.

Mellanie

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2023/12/20

Pros

I like how easily I can switch tasks and I can create any report to fit the information I need.

Cons

some parts of it are a little hard to understand.

Ikiera
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

UKG REVIEWS

Reviewed on 2024/01/10

I love the software, I used while working at a call center, it’s not the easiest site to use but once you play around with it for a bit, you get the hang of it. I loved being able to access all my paystubs & direct deposit information in one place.

Pros

I love how I can access all my financial information & data on this site

Cons

I don’t like how it’s not beginner friendly, you have to play around with the site for a bit just to get adjusted to how to navigate through it

Heather

Ease of keeping track of time

Reviewed on 2024/01/12

Pros

With a touch of a button you can clock in and out and keep track of time

Cons

Nothing everything is great. Runs and operstes smoothly

Ansley
  • Industry: Government Administration

You can't go wrong with UKG

Reviewed on 2023/08/15

We collected time on paper sheets prior to vetting a software. We went with out payroll software company and they couldn't meet our need for the complex ways we pay our employees. We then did research and really put UKG under a microscope to be sure they were the best fit for us. They have met and exceeded our expectations for time and attendance. We hope to be able to look at their payroll software in the future and see if that might be a better fit for us as well.

Pros

The ease of collecting data and then using it with our payroll software. We were using the same company for payroll as well as time tracking. It was not capable of collecting our complex pay methods, but UKG was. It has made doing payroll easy and expedited the process. Also their customer support is one of the best around. I don't know of a company that is doing this any better in the industry.

Cons

It is hard to find things we don't like. I would say things that we might not change would be the appearance of the online layout. It has changed a few times in the short period we have been on it. Just takes a second to find where something is.

Jana
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Kronos

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Overall I have had a great experience with Kronos. I love the learning feature. I have only had issues with the new interface.

Pros

I love the ease of clocking in and out. The phone app is great especially with being able to clock in or out even when you are off line. Love the tracking feature also for the phone app. I also like the reporting module. It is very versatile and I can make reports for individuals exact likes, wants and needs.

Cons

I do not like the new interface at all. It takes longer to get to everything. I feel like I have at least 2 to 3 more clicks of the mouse to get anywhere I need to go. Also the time card seems more messy and harder for the employees to read.

Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing UKG Ready

Kronos bought them out and they were our best option

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

The size and capabilities that were offered
Elena

One Word: EASY

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

Made my life as a manager easy. My admin and I were spending less time on their time cards, which improved office efficiency overall.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is how easy it is to use. The admin team assigned to me used it for tracking their hours. It was very easy for me to see if they missed a punch, and it was also very easy to correct timecards. They had no issues with the software either.

Cons

My only "con" (if you can even really call it that) was that I thought that the reports could be a bit more user-friendly. They weren't even bad reports though, to be honest. Overall, I don't really have any negative things to say about this software.

Caralyn

All employee information is in one place

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

A great product that is easily able to support a company as it fluctuates in both size and independence.

Pros

It's extremely helpful to have one place that supports the employee from onboarding to off-boarding. Reports are extremely customizable allowing us to provide data upon request quickly. Support staff always very friendly.

Cons

Lay out is not very compact and has a lot of white/blank space causing the user to need to scroll left/right/up/down frequently.

TriNet Zenefits

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

Cost, local support, product's experience in the industry and customization options
Dr. Debra

Kronos User

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Overall experience have been positive. The system has provided workforce analytics that gives deeper insights to the CEO about the org. The company did not have that ability prior to my tenure

Pros

Functionality
Real-time
Training

Cons

Some reporting features especially on performance mgt

Michele
  • Used for 2+ years

Workforce Ready

Reviewed on 2017/07/07

This is a good program for our purposes, and it is used by accounting and HR. I can't comment for accounting, but HR is making good use of the program.

Pros

After training (and retraining,) I am able to maneuver through the program easily. It's good to be able to adjust the company settings so that some fields are auto filled, such as our benefits guidelines. Reports are easy to customize, although I need more practice because I only run them infrequently. It's good to be able to save reports for ease of running them the next time. Easy to download to excel for further customizing the reports. I have admin access, so I am able to get whatever information I need quickly, without being blocked. I am in the program many times throughout the day. It's easy to manage my own time and requests for time off as well, both for myself and on behalf of others (when they forget!) The benefits feature and ability to get copies of W-2's and other forms both for myself and employees is a good one. The amount of information on each employee is very thorough. There are times we have layoffs, and then recalls, so it is easy to REHIRE the employees, with their previous information already loaded.

Cons

I find it somewhat cumbersome when hiring a new employee, but again, the company settings make it easier. When running reports, I sometimes struggle with finding the right fields to add, especially when it has to do with the accounting features, but I have an excellent "go-to" person in accounting that assists! Again, that is usually due to the infrequency of running those types of reports. When rehiring employees, we found that some of the information was not prefilling, but with some adjustments in the company settings, (after trial by fire) it seems to be working correctly.

Response from UKG

Hi Michele – I love to hear that your HR team is making great use of the product. It is fantastic that you have a go-to person in accounting for pulling reports when you need them, but I wanted to highlight some key resources we have available to help you further with your reporting needs. We have a reporting best practices webinar available to all our customers and we also offer instructor-led classes on reporting. If you are interested I would be happy to share further details and a link to the webinar with you. Please feel free to send me an email at [email protected] – I look forward to hearing from you!

Devan

Worked great until we reached the Labor Level limit

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

Pros

The system provides an easy to use punch in/punch out process using bio-metric fingerprint scan, there are customize-able dashboards and reporting functions, and if you have a straightforward business model without the need to segregate costs into multiple Job Orders this is a great system.

Cons

The Workforce Ready terminals do not support barcode readers, you have to select everything from a list. They also don't display in the same way you have your Job Orders or Cost Centers setup, they only display as a list view, with some qualifiers for searching. If you need detailed job costing, there are a lot of additional steps required to set up and manage all the data, and there is no inherent connectivity to ERP systems. Middleware is provided to help move data in and out of other systems, but it all has to be custom programmed, which you as the customer are required to provide. If you are using a standard job prefix, there is a limit of 750 records in any one folder, and once you surpass that limit, the functionality of the "Tree View" (which is how everyone is accustomed to viewing a file structure) reverts to a "List View" which is absolutely useless for a large collection of data due to the way it is formatted. Once the limit is reached, the previous functionality can not be restored, which causes a lot of heartache for people that have been accustomed to visually finding the Job number and then have to learn how to search using "Like" or "Between". Knowing this up front would have prevented the purchase of the product, but it took literally weeks of dialog with support to just discover what the issue was when it occurred, and the software engineering team had no interest in fixing the code that caused it.

Teresa
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Kronos Workforce Ready is the best timekeeping system I have ever used

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Not only is the payroll system a well oiled machine, the HR module turned out to be better than we could have hoped for or expect. So much of the manual tasks that either Payroll or HR would perform are now automated. Kronos has really been a blessing and the price for a product of this quality is incomparable to other products on the market (which were thoroughly researched before deciding on Kronos).

Pros

My duties have come down to literally pushing a few buttons to generate a bi-weekly payroll for 200 hospital workers. The reporting functions are endless, in addition to the already prepared reports within the system, it is extremely easy to build your own and have the exact information you want to see on a report. I am able to do the quarterly reports in about 10 minutes (including submission to the various entities). The customer support is phenomenal. If you've ever had tech support that the rep didn't really understand the problem or their job and tried to correct your system only to find it become even worse, you will really appreciate Kronos support. I have yet to be let down, they are very personable, intelligent and an expert in the field to which your question is based. I really can't say enough wonderful things about Kronos functionality and support.

Response from UKG

Hi Teresa,

We want to thank you for your thoughtful review highlighting the product and our Support team! It’s so great to hear that Workforce Ready has made your day-to-day duties much easier and less time and labor intensive.

Amy Fafard

Stephen
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Kronos aims to be the one-stop-shop for your HRIS solution.

Reviewed on 2018/09/08

Overall great product. It's the way we get paid, and the taxes are all right. I attended the payroll class and they have solutions for living in all different counties in Pennsylvania with their thousands of local taxes.
Say 95/100 things go right, the 5 things feel bad, but you forget how much work it makes to make anything right. It often takes one thing to make a program go awry.

Pros

Many modules and what they don't do well they are investing on to make it more of a one-stop shop. Most of the users in the company can use this fairly easily. The setup on the back end is comprehensive. The reporting is good and easy to use, but you can't change the width of columns on the screen and some columns are missing. The support staff takes tickets and work with you over the phone and share screens with you so reporting issues is a breeze. I've been invited to a subgroup for development for a certain feature and it's great to get some eyes on the product before release so i can prepare some training materials for my company.

Cons

I mentioned reporting issues is a breeze. The wording I get back fairly often is "working as intended." It's easy for me to say a certain feature may not make sense but for another company it may make lots of sense. I wish there was just a little bit more of product testing for major features. Global Support is very polite and they will operate for your timezone even though most of their support staff are on the east coast.

Caleb
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Kronos - an excellent HCM software

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

We were tasked with the challenge of payroll management, accrual management just to name a few. These problems were all resolved by employing Kronos Workforce Ready as our central point of data storage and data management.

Pros

Kronos Workforce Ready is one of the best HCM software on the market in this category and does a pretty good job of managing data. It has a large set of very useful reports available to be exported in the most popular formats, has the option to customize reports to suite your needs and also you can schedule your reports to be sent or delivered to and email address at your convenience which really cuts out a lot of the manual labor. It has a well thought tru time-sheet feature and which allows easy management of all employees hours per day per week. The recruitment features are an excellent asset as it allows applicants to create a profile while applying in which makes hiring the applicant a breeze with the click a a button. Overall, the Payroll Management, Recruitment Management and Employee Management features are top notch just to name a few and I would recommend Kronos to any medium to large company.

Cons

The feature I like least about Kronos Workforce Ready is the manual accrual management feature available . You are tasked with real manual work whenever it comes to uploading hours for employees as there is currently no mass edit option available to apply hours across the board to all selected employees, instead you must load all selected employees into the bucket and scroll through them one by one and apply the credit and whatever other in formations are required to be filled in.

Paulette
  • Industry: Utilities

Implementation for small government utility

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

Kronos is a great product, but it is a very complex system that requires experienced module leads for the build out and implementation of the product. We wasted four months with inexperienced module leads and had to start all over again from scratch. Once we had experienced module leads we made a lot of progress, but those leads still had very little time for us because they were assigned too many customers. We implemented HR, Timesheets and Payroll, which is a pretty complex implementation. If we had only implemented one of the modules, it would not have been as difficult.

Pros

Kronos has a number of features that work well for our business. We use a lot of work orders for our plant and we were able to import work orders each day and create a search for employees to find them in their timesheets. The integrated system works well once it is set up properly. We have eliminated a number of manual processes with this system. Reporting is very easy to use and our end users are very happy with their ability to create reports.

Cons

The biggest issue with Kronos is the virtual implementation and lack of time that the Kronos implementation team has for each customer. Kronos module leads have too many customers to support, so you only have a few hours of their time each week for the build out. If you have any complexity with your timesheets and payroll, you will need to have experienced module leads. Our implementation took twice as long as planned because we started with inexperienced leads.

Response from UKG

Hello Paulette,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Workforce Ready. While we are always happy to hear what customers enjoy about the product, we are deeply invested in learning what we can improve. Your feedback on implementation is truly helpful and we are sorry that the process did not go as expected. I thought you would like to know that based on customer feedback we have recently restructured our onboarding process for new customers and have put a strong focus on improving internal training for the implementation team.

978.947.5173
[email protected]

Jonathan
  • Industry: Automotive

Easy to use bundle

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

The ease of use with the finger reader and software has been a great benefit. We are an auto dealership with sales and technicians, the ease of use is a great benefit to people not tech savvy. So easy to use software and hardware is paramount for us.

Pros

The software is easy to keep track of clocking and clocking out, vacation and sick days. The finger reader is also convenient and very easy, Just put your finger in the reader and ding! Your clocked in or out.

Cons

I have not experienced any Cons, the software always works and if I need to call support, they are quick to respond and resolve my issue.

Jamie
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Avoid UKG

Reviewed on 2022/07/28

Terrible. Read my paragraph in "cons".

Terrible. Read my paragraph in "cons".

Pros

They do have some nice features such as being able to store everything we need about a particular employee. Payroll function isn't bad, but it's not user friendly.

Cons

Almost everything. Especially that You cannot build custom reports. If you want a custom report, their implementation team has to do it. It took them almost an entire year to build us a report that pulls in name, title, salary and YTD bonus & commission amounts. I was able to create this for myself in 2 minutes with ADP. ALSO they will not allow you to change a "termination date" for anyone. You have to "rehire" and then term again. This is RIDICULOUS. I could go on for hours about what I don't like. Do not recommend this to anyone.

Rodica
  • Industry: Banking

Kronos Workforce Ready is improving

Reviewed on 2017/07/06

This is the first cloud system we are using. After having Oracle E Business Suite for more than 10 years, I like the simplicity of Workforce Ready. We hope that the new upgrade coming in August will be a great improvement and reduce our Cons.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to create reports. Works well in most areas. No need to have pre-printed checks.

Cons

Does not keep the history of changes. Does not have a TEST feature. No retro pay calculation. The change in pay rate in the middle of a pay period applies to the whole period, for exempt and non-exempt employees. Does not re-calculate regular rate of pay to add the additional overtime premium when nondiscretionary bonus is paid for current or past pay periods.

Response from UKG

Hi Rodica – Thank you for your review, I am glad that you are enjoying the simplicity of the system. I wanted to let you know that retro-pay functionality was delivered this month. To learn more about the functionality you can access the release notes right from your Workforce Ready solution by navigating to Our Company > Service Provider Documents > Download Documents. If you have any further questions on this functionality, please feel free to send me an email at [email protected].

Jessica
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Easy to use system that reports easily.

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Continue to improve the system and we will be long term customers!

Continue to improve the system and we will be long term customers!

Pros

The use of the system and reporting functionality are pretty easy to learn. Benefits setup is really nice and I am eager to see how ACA works for 2017. Our implementation specialists have been pretty good and attentive. I like how you get the same support specialists repeatedly as they begin to understand your company and can relate to ongoing issues you have.

Cons

The wait time on some cases is not always the greatest. I wish there was more functionality with the custom columns with reporting and also creating one line reports for payroll purposes. Some features are not as diverse as we expected such as the HR action items, no option to print if you use electronic option.

Response from UKG

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for taking time to review Workforce Ready. We are happy to hear that you are finding the product easy to use and are looking forward to understanding its additional capabilities.
It is also great to hear that you are benefiting from a group of support specialists. For the wait times, we have added additional capacity to our support team to help decrease wait times. In addition, there is a new self-paced training course available within Workforce Ready MyLearning for reporting. To access it log into Workforce Ready and navigate to My Account > My Learning > Manager and within the Manager section will be the training “working with reports”
Please feel free to contact me if there is anything additional I can assist you with – [email protected].

Amy Fafard