Jeff K.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Kronos for Workplace Scheduling

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

My regular work for the last year or so has recorded my hours and wages via clocking in with my badge on the Kronos system. I have learned to utilize it for all I can. I see my previous work info before payroll is done and can view future schedules and current numbers and earnings. I work for a terrific and large company and Kronos has been a decent timecard tool.

Pros

I have had a regular job that uses this system to clock in and clock out employees.But the device has so much more that allows us to see specifics-specifics related to current pay periods, previous and future. I can see my schedule on the little box and it's really a simplified tool.

Cons

I am on the fence on dislikes. My biggest is likely just what happens but I have had times that I did clock in and it did strange things.An example was an evening that meal break button led to clocking out for the shift.Random but troublesome because our version is not designed to allow management to alter or adjust our needs or problems directly through the system. Qe have to use a paper log for HR or Payroll. So smooth yet missing an easy touch.

Deon S.

Workforce Ready - an upgrade?

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Workforce Ready was supposed to be an upgrade from the previous Kronos platform. The feature set was less than what we had before. As much as this was hyped as an upgrade. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

Pros

Cloud-based and zero on-premises footprint.

Cons

Some processes are convoluted.
Not intuitive.

Caralyn T.

All employee information is in one place

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

A great product that is easily able to support a company as it fluctuates in both size and independence.

Pros

It's extremely helpful to have one place that supports the employee from onboarding to off-boarding. Reports are extremely customizable allowing us to provide data upon request quickly. Support staff always very friendly.

Cons

Lay out is not very compact and has a lot of white/blank space causing the user to need to scroll left/right/up/down frequently.

Ashley B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great functionality

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Pros

From an admin perspective, I love the reporting functionality, automated emails, and general navigation. This may change a bit with the new user interface, but overall it is intuitive and easy to use. Customization and capabilities are great.

Cons

The occasional bugs that happen with SAAS.

Corey W.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Functional

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

The updates that occur frequently mess up our security settings and change things within checklists and we constantly have to adjust. This product would get a much better rating if the overall quality with things like that and automated reporting for our needs would make me rate it higher.

Pros

The system itself for payroll purposes is very easy to use and manipulate. Reporting for the most part is simple.

Cons

They sell you on how easily you can customize, however this was not what we have witnessed. Setting up an automated report can generally be simple, but doing a simple birthday pull monthly cannot be automated due to limited options within the product.

Lindsay J.
  • Industry: Warehousing

HR's best friend

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Kronos has definitely been a learning curve from our older Kronos processor. It has been such a help to have the one-on-one help of the Kronos implementation team. We couldn't have done it without them. We are in the transition stage, which has also been very helpful. Overall, we are excited for the possibilities of what we can do with KWR, but still learning where things are, and the differences of how to complete tasks compared to our old processor.

Pros

I like the idea of customization of the different pages. I like the centralized information found on the employee information page.

Cons

I dislike that it doesn't have the same features across the whole software. Some reports can pull any columns into the report, and some reports don't have certain columns. It makes for a lot of jumping from report to report. It would be much easier and more convenient if you could generate the same columns into different reports.
The other thing that we have disliked is the lack of customization on the dashboard.

Rodica M.
  • Industry: Banking

Kronos Workforce Ready is improving

Reviewed on 2017/07/06

This is the first cloud system we are using. After having Oracle E Business Suite for more than 10 years, I like the simplicity of Workforce Ready. We hope that the new upgrade coming in August will be a great improvement and reduce our Cons.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to create reports. Works well in most areas. No need to have pre-printed checks.

Cons

Does not keep the history of changes. Does not have a TEST feature. No retro pay calculation. The change in pay rate in the middle of a pay period applies to the whole period, for exempt and non-exempt employees. Does not re-calculate regular rate of pay to add the additional overtime premium when nondiscretionary bonus is paid for current or past pay periods.

Response from Holly

Hi Rodica – Thank you for your review, I am glad that you are enjoying the simplicity of the system. I wanted to let you know that retro-pay functionality was delivered this month. To learn more about the functionality you can access the release notes right from your Workforce Ready solution by navigating to Our Company > Service Provider Documents > Download Documents. If you have any further questions on this functionality, please feel free to send me an email at [email protected]
All the best,
Holly Bouffard
Community Manager, Workforce Ready

Megan H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Kronos Workforce Ready

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

We like Ready much more than Central as it was able to handle more of our HR needs.

Pros

All paperless with hiring an applicant from application to full time paperwork. We are then able to track benefits and performance within the system.

Cons

There are updates that are pushed thru Kronos and with being on the cloud you don't have much choice. However they do send out announcements and training prior to any switches.

Karie D.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

WR User of 7 Modules

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Kronos has been a God-send. What started out as a "HR" software that "HR was stuffing down our throats" has turned into a great tool used by the entire organization. Many team leaders are now taking time to look through Kronos to see what other processes they could put into Kronos so that we can go more paperless. We call it "electronifying" our processes.

Pros

I like how Kronos is continually investing in improvements and enhanced features. I love that clients get to vote on items in the Community and that we can see what's coming down the pike.

Cons

I'd like the job aids to be in an editable format so that I could add to them with more company specific information. Currently, the pdfs aren't editable so I use them as a guide to get me started on created my own.

We'd really like a project management solution. We looked at the Scheduler module but it does not allow for the tracking of projects or scheduling of equipment, only employees.

Tracy F.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

There's no single "right way"

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Overall, I like it. But we SERIOUSLY under-utilize this system and I'd like to remedy that.

Pros

For people that learn differently, this program is good, there are several ways to accomplish the same task.
I like that I can find nearly anything I want (employee related) in just a few seconds.

Cons

For people who like black and white (like me), I just want the easiest and fastest way to complete a task.
I don't like that there are different rules for different functions. I can do XYZ if I'm trying to report THIS, but I can't do XYZ if I'm trying to report THAT. I wish all rules applied to all functions. I also don't like that Kronos isn't smart enough to figure out detailed functions. For example, if I have someone on STD, I should be able to enter 8 hrs STD on their time sheet and Kronos should know to add 8 hrs STD to their paycheck, to their STD leave, and to FMLA. Why I have to entered Unpaid time off on the time sheet + 8 hrs STD + pay for STD + 8 hrs of FMLA is beyond me. Also, having to enter changes after a pay date is silly. Kronos should be able to figure out that if a change is made in the middle of the pay period, it doesn't take affect until after the pay date. This "rule" (or lack thereof) makes for some interesting calendar calculations.

Makenzi H.
  • Industry: Utilities

My Kronos Experience

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Overall I think I remain very neutral in it all. There are many aspects of Kronos I like, as it has reduced some of our inefficiency's, but at the same time it has added some new ones as well. We decided to do a slow transition, region by region, and it seems to be working well for us.

Pros

Coming from using Workday - we like Kronos for many of its simple access tasks. We like how easy it is to search/find an employee, we like how the system has allowed us to combine our HR system with out payroll system. We have grown to also like the applicant tracking side, it has been a nice transition from using ICIMS.

Cons

The transitioning from our old systems to Kronos has been a bit of a struggle. We had a very low grade implementation team at the start of go live for us and eventually we had the entire team re-spun with new people. It was difficult enough for us to be concerned with transitioning systems let alone our implementation team changing entirely. We were promised many efficiency's to eliminate old inefficiency's and very little of that has actually happened.

Lily P.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Good HRIS System with Improvement needed

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

A more simple and general training or user guide would be better for first time user in understanding how to start using the system.

Pros

Usage are fairly easy to locate data and info. Reporting are one of the best feature in this system as it is very versatile and customizable in adding or deleting info to achieve desired result, exporting the report is quick and comes with many formats. Some of the built in lookup function comes in handy and saves time.

Cons

Some of the wordings in the system are not as direct and can be mistakenly understood (Such as the Accrual function), only when explained by customer service in the true meaning it can be used correctly. There are certain info that exist in the system but not able to be add to a customize report, which sometimes cause time consuming effort to combine multiple report or manually adjust after export. A few Government labor filing forms has incorrect info when auto filled. Need to adjust manually afterwards.

Michael R.
  • Industry: Banking

Kronos Review

Reviewed on 2017/04/16

Pros

Overall, Kronos is a software that allows for many different functions. My organization generates almost all of our HR reports from the information contained within the software and we also use it for timekeeping and payroll.

Cons

From my perspective, the biggest con I have with Kronos is that the system is not very easy to navigate and it needs to be modernized to stay up with the times as far as providing a welcoming experience for users.

Response from Holly

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your feedback - we are always interested in hearing from our customers how we can improve our solutions. One of the biggest focus areas for Workforce Ready in 2017 is improving the user experience, so you should expect to see positive changes in the ease of use throughout the year and beyond.

All the best,

Holly Bouffard
Community Manager, Workforce Ready
978.947.5173
[email protected]

Usable, but clunky

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

It was a good option for us for a long time. It merged all our accounting data into our tax software without too much issue. We have now switched over to Kronos Workforce Dimensions.

Pros

I loved the way it was easy to track and project PTO. The time cards are easy to read and approve since they run top to bottom so you could see an entire 2 weeks on one page.

Cons

Pattern Templates are a pain in the rear. You have to dig through several menus and just "know" what option was going to move you to the next step. Some of these options, didn't seem like a logical progression.

Technical support is a joke. I spent hours on the phone with people that should only have taken a few minutes because they have no clue what they are doing.

Amy J.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Best decision I made for improving our Human Resource Department

Reviewed on 2017/04/06

I love that every Human Resource function from interviewing to retirement can be done in one system. Every corporate document is within the system. The ease in which it allows us to perform Open Enrollment. The ACA reporting module is amazing. The best payroll system I have ever used. The implementation team does and excellent job training and setting up each module so that it functions exactly how you need it to.

Pros

I love how easy the payroll is processed. The ability to have all our time entries flow into payroll without issues is such a huge time saver. The continuous improvements and enhancements that Workforce Ready makes.

Cons

I least like the BSI module that is used for tax reporting. It is very difficult to use. It is a clunky system and does not make sense when trying maneuver
through the software.

Sandra Y.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Kronos Workforce Ready

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Pros

I love the customer support, they are very helpfully when I have questions. I like that the information is available at a few clicks

Cons

I have a few employees who have a hard time with the onboarding process, it is not user friendly

Kristen H.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Good but could be better

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

Pros

Alot of great features. Happy with some additions and new app. New UI with charts is great for employees and managers.

Cons

Software has some quirks/procedural requirements which are hard to learn when employees don't use on a daily basis. In addition, images and pictures make a better/newer looking image. Implementation was confusing, difficult, and time-constraining. Training has been inconsistent at best. I believe the process has changed since we went through implementation. Trouble getting things to work how they have shown.

Nicole D.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Workforce Ready Review

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Overall a great system

Pros

Kronos is a solid powerful system. All applications in one including recruitment, payroll, performance reviews, time management.
Single employee record sharing across applications.

Cons

Difficult learning the system and finding help. It would be nice to help (definition) on the specific field instead of trying to find it.
Performance reviews and workflows are difficult to use

Response from Amy

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you find Workforce Ready a great system! Regarding performance reviews and workflows, please reach out to me at [email protected] so that we can help with your questions.

Thank you once again – we appreciate your time and business,
Amy

Lewis D.
  • Industry: Public Policy

Overall, quality product and you appear to address issues in a timely manner.

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

The layout of the software is easy to view & numerous reports make for efficient use of time to gather numbers needed.

Cons

The calendar view for checking monthly staffing could be set up better to view. We would like to see (seconds) added to the time of submission for time off requests.

Response from Jesse

Hello Lewis,
Thank you for reviewing Workforce Ready! We are glad to hear of your success in reporting, and that these features enable your organization to manage time efficiently. Also, your feedback regarding calendar views is much appreciated, and we will be sure to engage our product teams on this matter.
If you have any further thoughts please reach out to me at [email protected]
Thank you!
Jesse

Jenny S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Software is solid. Kronos Support is solid. Implementation team is terrible.

Reviewed on 2018/06/12

To have a solid product every aspect needs to be seamless in my opinion. If we were to go back to the drawing board on choosing a time keeping system and I knew what I know now we would go with someone else.

Pros

Once it is up and running Kronos Support is great and very helpful. General system/software is easy to use and has a lot of very useful features. Day to day it does not have much upkeep once it is up and running. The overall software itself is able to be tailored to our needs to an extent.

Cons

Implementation team was terrible. Kronos outsources to a third party. Communication was horrible, very little explanation behind what goes into setting up the system. Our system is now filled with a ton of mess ups that were not able to be deleted due to miscommunication or simply not understanding what the other was saying. It was a horrible experience. For that reason I would urge people to look into a different product.

KRONOS in K-12 Education

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Pros

The KRONOS community and the KRONOS implementation team are very helpful in troubleshooting many of the issues that we have, as well as provide insight to how we can use the system better. Always timely in their responses and detailed.

Cons

KRONOS interfaces are not as user friendly as I could imagine. Our district uses an independently developed payroll system which causes some difficulties. Not to any fault of KRONOS, but I believe if we used a mainstream payroll system, we would have seamless operation. K12 education is a perfect storm on its own.

Andrew R.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

HR Software will meet but not exceed your needs

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

Kronos does the job in terms of managing our over 3000 employees. We had to integrate with Taleo for onboarding to fit our needs, and also a custom solution for an LMS. In terms of managing the employees data and handling timeclocks / timekeeping / payrolls, it does the job efficiently.

Cons

Too many customization options leads to a longer turn on process once you select their software. We've had their software for years and are still working on getting scheduler put in place. Do not self host this software, you will run into problems!

Mayra S.
  • Industry: Public Policy

Experience with WFR

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

Pros

The feature I appreciate the most is the ability to request time-off via the timeclock which has streamlined the process for us in addition to eliminating unnecessary paperwork.

Cons

Reporting capabilities I find very cumbersome. The timesheet view is also very busy and I actually miss timekeeper central in that respect.

Response from Amy

Hi Mayra,

It is great to hear that you were able to streamline processes and make work a little easier with Workforce Ready! If you would like some assistance with reporting, please reach out to me at [email protected] and we will do what we can to help.

Thanks for the review,
Amy Fafard

Nishi T.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Reliable and secure!

Reviewed on 2021/01/29

Overall, I am happy with it. I use it weekly and I have not had many technical glitches. It is one place where all the important documents are securely saved. It has multiple features and can be easy to navigate.

Pros

It is user friendly. I like how it is simple to use as well as keeps all documents securely in one place. When entering timesheets, I use the app because it is quick. The app also lets me see all my saved timesheets, official documents, my company reports, etc. The information is saved for many years and I can always go back and retrieve it.

Cons

Recently, there was an update to Kronos and now it is named UKG. With this update, there were some changes in my company documents and I had to re-upload which was inconvenient. I was always able to use my finger scanner to log in on the app but recently, this option is not available and I have to put my username and password every time.

Jesse S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great product

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

I would highly recommend the product, payroll and scheduling have become a breeze since implementing.

Pros

Very user friendly, robust, and works great for having several offices across the country being on one system.

Cons

Sometimes service requests take extra long to get back when it's a complicated issue. FMLA tracking is quite expensive.

Response from Amy

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for the great review – we’re so happy to hear that you are satisfied with Workforce Ready! Service response times are something we track very closely and are always striving to improve, so hopefully you will be seeing some positive change.

Thanks again for your feedback,
Amy Fafard