Usersnap Reviews

Usersnap

Usersnap is the #1 bug tracking tool for your browser.

4.8/5 (22 reviews)
Alexis D.

Great tool for customer support teams that has a lot of potential

Reviewed on 2018/11/22

Overall, Usersnap has been a great tool to help us provide our customers with better support, but I wish it did more.

Pros

Their idea is simple and effective - it's a great way to get a quick snapshot from users to help troubleshoot issues or get feedback when working with users who may not be technologically-capable enough to know how to take a screenshot. Usersnap was a life saver for our company and helped us up our Customer Support game significantly. The interface is simple enough to figure out, and its integration with Intercom was perfect for our needs. The customization options to black out data was essential to for our HIPAA-compliant customers, and the attache JS console is perfect for quick debugging.

Cons

It seems like the tool has a lot of potential, but essentially it just does one thing: lets users take screenshots. (I know they have since introduced their CX product for customer satisfaction surveying, but we never upgraded to this option). Some things I found that would make this better was: the ability to take full-page screenshots, or a co-browsing/screensharing feature, or have a more robust interface for us to be able to organize and categorize our screenshots better. It was useful for us at one point, but then we decided to switch over to a co-browsing tool instead because screenshots just weren't allowing us to provide the support we wanted.

6.0/10
Eric M.

Awesome Tool for Bug Submission

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

Pros

- Easy to use widget to embed on site.
- Easy to customize who sees the widget so only employees can
- Makes submitting bug reports as easy as 3 clicks.
- Integrations with services like Zapier allows endless posiblities.
- Tools for drawing and pointing out specific areas.

Cons

I really don't have many complaints about this tool. It's easy to use, the interface is nice and straight forward. I highly recommend this tool for any software companies who encourage bug reports from employees.

Michael R.

Great Product In the Right Circumstances

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Great. It does what it claims to do. I see a huge value in using it for website reviews during the design and development process; even more so than for ongoing feedback from website visitors.

Pros

Usersnap gives your customers and easy way to give you feedback about your website. It can be hard to explain via email your feedback about a visual thing such as a website. Usersnap allows someone to give us visual feedback.

Cons

Usersnap itself is great. The biggest downside is that customers don't always use it for the purpose intended.

7.0/10
Rachel P.

Super Easy To Use, Facilitates QA Process

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

It has improved our process immensely.

Pros

I'm a technical project manager, not a developer and I love using it. It's really faciliated our QA process. It integrates seamlessly with all of the major project management tools and works well with teams. If I ever have an issue and need to contact support, they are very responsive and helpful.

Cons

There have been a few hiccups or features I wanted, but they seem to add the features and fix the hiccups.

Great tool - saves a ton of time and hassle during development

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Pros

Bug reports contain everything in one spot. Browser version, used web software version, JavaScript errors and of course: the screenshot of the situation with annotations.

Cons

The internal bug dashboard is quite limited in comparison with a full fledged bug tracker like JIRA. The integration to send the reports to JIRA however works quite well and there is even a link to and from the JIRA ticket.

Grigory G.

Great for UI/detailed feedback

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

I'm using it to get fine-grained feedback on my forms, pages and layouts. It gets me from 80% to 100%.

Pros

The ability to markup screenshots is super useful, and makes visual feedback painless. Best way to polish an existing design.

Cons

It's less useful for specs or feedback that require major structural changes to a page/layout. Also, the ticket filter system can get a little messy if you're not careful, but I suppose that's more on the user than the product - you give us an open-ended system, it's up to us to keep it organized.

Anand S.

Usersnap for Beta testing

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Pros

On the spot feedback capturing system which is easy to use and capture many required information for technical team to analyze and troubleshoot faster.

Cons

Basic version do not have reporting feature included. More info can be captured via browser inspect element and other areas which can be useful to technical team.

Marc A.

Cant live without it

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Pros

Easy to use for both clients and internal staff.
Makes the review and feedback process waaaaaay simpler.

Cons

I wish there was a client facing interface. That is the only complaint that we receive from clients is that they want to see all the snaps they have submitted and be able to interact with/manage them.

Usersnap is a tidy option for QA & UX reporting on websites but lacks features & competitive pricing

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/03/29

I've trialed Usersnap two times now to consider it for use with our team, first within the full Usersnap reporting and reviewing ecosystem, and later as a reporting tool for Jira. The tool seems neat for basic purposes, but is fairly limited and pricey for large teams working on multiple projects.

Pros

I appreciated the tidy little on screen reporting widget that Usersnap Classic offers. The annotation tools, and label syncing with Jira is great.

Cons

When reporting issues or suggestions, the uploading of screenshots is slower than you'd like for power users. The Usersnap classic widget is neat, but the options for adjusting it to suit your projects are limited.

You'll also find yourself limited when it comes to pricing and projects. The basic plans are fairly pricey and limited to running just a few projects at a time. This might be suitable for teams working on one or two in house websites, but doesn't work for web agencies with lots of clients.

5.0/10
Edison C.

Integration with TFS on-premise

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

We have scrum teams getting feedback from our System support team.

Pros

As far as I know usersnap just can be integrated with Team Foundation Online services, I would like to connect usersnap with my on-premise Team foundation Server.

Cons

Not to have an integrated video recorder.

Bernhard R.

Give your users a voice

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Usersnap brings users and developers together by removing the language barrier.
Reporting a issue right from the users browser with visual clues and stack trace is a game changer.
We also like to use Usersnap heavily in the quality assurance phase.

Pros

When I showed Usersnap to our content creators, they did know how to use it right away.
Quality of reported issues is much higher. This enables the dev team to resolve issues faster.

Integration in our toolchain (Gitlab, Slack, Jira) is flawless.

Cons

A free tier would be nice. Although I would find myself upgrading real soon, as constant improvements and customer support are very good.

Thomas P.

Customer feedback, internal QA, NPS - Usersnap has it all.

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

Usersnap helped us eliminate all the guesswork and provided us with customer insights that we haven't had before

Pros

The all-in-one approach. Usersnap can be used to collect internal feedback, do beta testing and QA, and last but not least lets us collect customer feedback. Everything in one place.

Cons

Nothing that's really top of my mind.

Thomas P.

Awesome bug tracking & feedback tool!

Reviewed on 2016/07/19

Great and easy-to-use bug tracking and feedback tool. It's super easy to install Usersnap on your website to collect user feedback and bug reports.

The screenshot features is the best thing I've seen so far!

Pros

super simple setup
user-friendly experience

Cons

none

Chetna C.

Innovative idea

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

Personally speaking I had no idea that something like this do exist. It is super cool for the internal teams as well as for the customers. I am convincing my entire company to start using this. I liked the way it can be integrated with every other tool

Cons

It doesn't have a proper demo, may be an integration with Jira demo can be added

Alex T.

Finally, Usersnap is what I was looking for!

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

At Yucalab Digital Media, we create, localize, and translate a lot of content from English to Spanish for our clients. After looking for an app/software, to make annotations on a screenshot, to review mostly websites, I finally found Usersnap. When I started my search, I thought there were a lot of similar tools that could do this work, but surprisingly, I found just a few. And let me tell you, most of them were pretty BAD. For me, finding Usersnap was a miracle, and it has already become an essential tool for the work that I'm doing.

Pros

Easy to use.
Easy installation.
User-friendly. Easy for non-tech-savvy users.
The Chrome Extension works great.
My clients already love it, and it's making my work easier!

Cons

None, so far. Maybe I would add video recording to a future version.

Tamir I.

Great usability and inviting customer feedback widget

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

I have tested a few customer feedback platforms and so far Usersnap came on top. Great job!

Pros

- Extremely easy to use
- Attractive customer feedback widget with a higher conversion rate
- Great value for money
- The support is to notch

Cons

- Lack of customer feedback forms but I was told it's coming up soon so i an looking forward to it :)

Vesna R.

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

Very simple to use - the options for how to access mark up tools, tag management, assignments are simple, love that i get an email notification, project boards, user interface is very easy to follow

Cons

Can't edit a screen unless you replace it with a screen capture completely as a manual upload.

John M.

Great product and awesome customer service

Reviewed on 2014/08/07

When you are working in a web development agencies you got at least one call where a client tells you that something on a site is not working. That thing is really hard to find out what the client really means.
Since we are using Usersnap these days are over, also non tech-savy users can work with that product and it adds all necessary information to the bug report (browser size, OS, ...).
While installing the product in our environment we had some troubles (our development process is huge) and there it's worth to mention that they have the most awesome customer service. Replies within minutes (ok sometimes it takes a few hours), valuable help and even helpfull in really complex situations.

Easy to use customer support tool for capturing screenshots

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Pros

Easy to use. End users can easily snap screenshots of their issues and share it with customer support personnel. Multiplatform support. Easy installer.

Cons

Not much features beyond screen shot sharing. Could use a better chat functionality and history support.

7.0/10
Yuval P.

Very simple and cool user feedback tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Pros

Very easy to integrate into our solution and also simple and easy to customize

Cons

Still have not grasped its full feature set. Could use better customer success team.

Josef T.