Geckoboard

Quick and easy-to-setup business dashboard software for TVs

4,6
4,2
4,3
4,6
4,7
Kevin V.
Industry: Internet

Nice one stop solution for dashboard metrics

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Pros

Geckoboard has a variety of really nice integrations with third party products. Most SaaS solutions you would be interested in tracking have integrations which makes it pretty easy to get going with displaying relevant metrics. The website interface is also pretty easy to use and you can get a dashboard together pretty quickly.

Cons

The interface for getting custom metrics uploaded could be a bit easier to use but overall it is a good solution and not bad to get started with it!

5-minute setup, but needs more filters

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/11/20

If you have TVs or monitors on your wall, you've already made an investment to get data in front of your team. Geckoboard is a great way to do this. It isn't perfect yet, but is still the easiest tool I've used to get data up quickly.

Pros

Geckoboard was amazingly easy and fast to setup. We've had monitors in our office for years, but never fully utilized them. Geckoboard provided a very easy and fast way to get our data set up. It pulls from the other softwares we're using (Hubspot, Zendesk, Google Doc, etc.) and displays the information in a great format.

Cons

You're limited to pre-determined fields of data that you an display without much editing (e.g. you can only display data points that Geckoboard has set up). The ability to edit what is being displayed is also limited, depending on the data point. I've also had an issue with knowing the timeframe of the data. For example, we display the % of inbound support calls answered under 40 seconds. I'm unable to define the date/time range (7 AM - 7 PM, last 24-hours, etc.)

Lawrence R.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great support experience

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Pros

Support team are amazing and support people who are not 100% IT savvy. Widgets have everything required to show your company or department exactly where the team is at.

Cons

More personalisation. But that's a minor con. It's the data that is more important and Geckoboard supports that.

The best!

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Pros

Best to cast onto a screen for transparent productivity metrics

Cons

No real cons to speak about. Everything works well

Max S.
Industry: Entertainment

Very useful

Reviewed on 2016/06/03

Good tool to check the stats from different services like GA and Pingdom. Must have for huge IT companies and sites with 1,000,000+ traffic. You can check everything you want almost in real time. 404 errors, sign ups, leads and sales.

Pros

Customizable options
Good design
Option to share dashboard

Cons

Sometime you need Zapier to get stats
Huge price at this moment
No auto setup for beginners

Kyle M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Good "Executive Dashboard" (KPI) Tool for Small Businesses

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/02/28

Pros

- Great tool that allows you to integrate a ton of different analytics, data, etc. into one dashboard including email analytics, financial analytics like that in Shopify, etc.
- Ability to create separate dashboards depending on who needs access to the data

Cons

- Takes an understand of what KPI's are essentially and what ones are secondary tier, third tier, etc. before setting up the dashboards

Industry: Internet

Great for simple dashboards, poor customization

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Pros

I liked the amount of connectors readily available, it was easy to set up a simple dashboard quickly.

Cons

The tiles are huge. As soon as you want to get more complex with what data to present and it what format, it falls short.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

David g. J.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Excellent Marketing Dashboard for Small Business

Reviewed on 2016/02/09

Tracking marketing KPIs from multiple data sources and displaying them in a visually appealing, simple format is not an easy (or inexpensive) thing to do. Geckoboard makes this possible at a much more affordable price than its competitors, and provides a user experience that is nothing short of fantastic. We pull in a variety of data from sources like Google Analytics, MailChimp, social channels, and ecommerce platforms to easily track our progress on the metrics that matter most to our business.

Pros

Lots of integrations from the services that matter most to us, fantastic drag and drop UI, easy onboarding experience, relatively low cost, nice "at-a-glance" reporting for KPIs, enthusiastic and friendly support staff

Cons

Doesn't directly integrate to Amazon Seller Central (for 3rd party sellers who sell on Amazon), may take some time to set up (especially for less technical users), but this is true for any dashboard with multiple integrations (and Geckoboard makes this as easy as possible).

Michael L.
Industry: Financial Services

You get a dashboard! YOU get a dashboard!

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

Who doesn't love dashboards? We were able to take our Zendesk data and showcase our customer service stats using Geckoboard.

Cons

It's kind of confusing to use at first and doesn't always pull in all of the data, but with a little elbow grease (not really) we were able to get it to work for us.

Mark K.

Great dashboard tool!

Reviewed on 2015/11/07

We have been using Geckoboard to track the key metrics for our platform since early this year. We tried out a few different platforms before we settled on Geckoboard. We plan to continue using Geckoboard for a long time. Not to mention the improvement the dashboard has brought to our operations by focusing us on our key numbers in real time and having them available on the office wall and wherever our team is located around the world.

Pros

Gecko was extremely easy to get set up on and start seeing real data immediately. The interface looks great and the cost is reasonable. It's accessible from anywhere and easy to share results.

Cons

Most of the integrations are very easy to set up but you do need some developer time to pull internal data, which shouldn't really come as a surprise.

Expensive, but good tool

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

Geckoboard makes your data pretty and can be put on a screen. Very easy to use, but also comes with a price.

Pros

Geckoboard makes it fairly easy for developers to connect database data with a good looking dashboard. The dashboard has the features that are needed, and it even has a pre-made set of graphics that you can use to visualize your data.

Cons

The price is high for this type of tool. Mixpanel and other similar data tools have similar dashboards, which are agree not at pretty as Geckoboard, but they have the same functionality.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Geckoboard is great, except for the randomly disconnecting service accounts

Reviewed on 2015/11/06

Geckoboard has been a great tool for us as we use it to track all sorts of internal metrics. We have several boards on a shared loop displayed in our main office space for maximum visibility to the team.

Pros

A++ customer support. I have encountered several issues/had obscure questions and the support team went above and beyond to solve any problems.

Cons

Only major complaint- connected Service accounts (such as Facebook) expire randomly and must be manually updated but Geckoboard does not have a notification system to let you know. Only when I happen to look over and see that the particular board is not updating, then I know to go in and reconnect the accounts. Also had to reach out to Support the first time to find out why the account disconnected in the first place.

Hasan B.

Geckoboard Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

Pros

I am happy to respond to your announcement about work as published in the local newspapers or Balnt My qualifications are highly commensurate with what they are arguing for in the Declaration.

I have read about your company in local newspapers, I have sufficient knowledge about your production ..... I am very interested in working for a company working in .....You as business owners.

I inform you that I have a good knowledge of some computer software such as ...

I would appreciate your meeting with you to learn more about my capabilities.

I inform you that if I do not hear your response after several days, I will call to confirm the arrival of the letter and CV.

During that time, if you would like more information, I would be happy to contact you.

Thank you for your interest in my order, and the time you gave me.

Cons

Nothing- Excellent network work-
The truth is that there are no negatives in the sense of negatives, but I hope that the accessibility is easier than that so that the majority, especially the places where the networks are weak and not available to all

Shaun W.

Love it, can't imagine life without it now.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

Very flexible, provides visible realtime KPIs and MI that motivates the team. Geckoboard has helped us improve service delivery tenfold through simply being able to see exactly how we are doing.

Pablo S.
Industry: Management Consulting

Great and simple app, lacks some customization options

Reviewed on 2018/02/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Setting up Geckoboard is super easy, within a few minutes i had all the KPI's I needed and it connects seamlessly to my data sources.

Cons

Some of the charts and tables lack customization, the font size can't be changed and some of the charts are just too simple to be of any use.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Rating only

Reviewed on 2015/11/09

Esa R.
Industry: Computer Software

Chat-based customer support second to none - friendly and inviting app

Reviewed on 2018/01/26

Stellar customer support, easy to use user interface, a lot of support for 3rd party analytics apps. App that keeps getting more features - app is alive development-wise and trustworthy.

Pros

I believe the best aspect of the app is the in-browser chat support. I've received so much support and suggestions and advice from them that I've never experienced such prompt and helpful customer support before with any app. I've been asked to check out new features in a demo, too, which was wonderful - after a few months, the features in the demo were added to the app itself.

I feel like there is a good reason to reach out to the customer support team and ask for features, as they seem open to them - this is not a company run by shark-like salesmen/saleswomen, but a developer-led company - where things that are difficult to do are eventually made easier to accomplish, and so on.

I've received such stellar customer support from people and all others that I'm really quite awed. You're doing very, very well.

I know Geckoboard will keep on becoming a better app, little by little, and that is a good feeling to have.

Cons

There are limitations to Geckoboard - I might not always be able to find a solution that suits me the best way - there are always some ways to improve the workflow - but the way the customer support listens to use and implements features or provides help pretty much negates any cons I might have with it.
One thing maybe is that I'm not able to "park" a dashboard so that it's settings are kept safe even though I have downgraded from two dashboards to one dashboard.

And another is that there is no way to select multiple objects and copy them to another dashboard quickly.

But my experience overall has been that if I ask for something, and it's not there, it might get implemented in the future.

Another thing is that I was getting errors from MixPanel, but was not able to see what the error was - this is another thing that can be improved from Geckoboard aspect, it's not a con it's just a missing feature that could be implemented in the future.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great for Tracking Weekly and Quarterly Sales

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

We have been displaying our daily and weekly sales data.

Pros

We are able to customize our salesforce reports and display the reports on our screens throughout the hospital.

Cons

Sometimes there is a bit of a lag between refreshes on the data on the board but I dont think its too sizeable.

Michael N.
Industry: Computer Software

Geckoboard is the best dashboard tool, let alone cloud base software , I've ever used!

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

Pros

No training needed. No reading manuals needed. The ease of use and intuitiveness of this platform is untouched by most software's out there. The out of box integrations with Zendesk, Salesforce is incredibly valuable for us and is the exact data we were looking for. The customer support is extremely helpful and friendly. They are constantly adding more addons and upgrading their current ones.

Overall, you can setup very clean and professional dashboards with Geckoboard in a matter of minutes.

Industry: Telecommunications

Excellent for TV dashboards

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Overall if you are looking for a way to get metrics on a TV to drive team performance, this is perfect. If you are looking for a BI tool, look elsewhere.

Pros

Geckoboard is very easy to use and get set up. If you have basic knowledge of data, you will be able to get metrics and dashboards created easily. They also have a wide variety of prebuilt dashboards. The metrics looks great and getting them up on a TV can have a huge impact on team performance.

Cons

There aren't many options for working with your data but that's to be expected here. You really need to have your data in the format you want it displayed before you bring in into Geckoboard.

Grant S.

Great for Managing with KPIs

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

Geckoboard makes it really easy to publish your team's KPI's, and make them visible to the entire team or company. It connects to the tools we use everyday, and requires very little setup.

Cons

It is a great solution for quick deployment. However, you don't have as much control over the metrics and how they are displayed. You can write custom integrations if needed, however if you require a lot of customization it might be better to build something in-house.

Greg C.
Industry: Retail

Make beautiful and super functional dashboards with Geckoboard

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Displaying ONLY the data we want to display from google sheets to make it simple for our warehouse and production team to see critical stats.

Pros

We use a data tool which is capable of creating very power dashboards and while we utilize that tool for many things, we needed a tool which would be simple enough for other departments to build dashboards themselves. We have several dashboards that pull data from several google sheets to create powerful dashboards that are displayed all throughout our production and warehouse locations. We love geckoboard!

Cons

Like many things, Geckoboard can be a bit of a learning curve when importing data from excel or google sheets. Having knowledge in excel / sheets helps if that's where you're planning to import from.

AWESOME DASHBOARD!!!

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

The easy of use...I literally created a fully capable dashboard showing all of our contact center data in less than 30 min. This tool is amazing. It impressed my boss, who is very hard to impress.

Cons

I loved that Geckoboard has a ton of apps to integrate with, but I would like to see a bit more. Also, when using the 'custom widget' feature, I did see some "loading failed" errors, which is odd since its pulling data from the app its linked to. But all in all, I love this product!

Ben H.

easy quick visuals

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/10/12

Pros

enables the wider business to see web metrics as an easy to use dashboard. Enables data with maps to give overall impression of business spread. Auto update for live stats.
Configuration is easy.
Can share key stats with colleagues and clients alike.
The Info is Live which is a real bonus.
Custom widgets are really useful.

Cons

Could integrtrae a little more with other tools but still allows csv or txt imports, not yet found an API to do it seamlessly and as "live" as everything else.