Lucidpress

Easy-to-use design & brand templating platform.

Ali K.

Graphic and visual works of our brand be done while drinking a cup of coffee with LucidPress!

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

The experience of using LucidPress is great. The developers of this online App are wise and know the nature and taste of the user. I need to have the time and opportunity to focus on my work, not to struggle with software bugs, and here with this app everything works great, and my focus is on creativity, creating visual content, and creating new content, and it is very valuable. I create whatever I need in a few minutes and send it for printing or publication online.

Pros

First of all, working with this application is enjoyable for me, for several reasons: 1) This program is specially designed to work online and is very fast and well-built. 2) It specializes in visual brand development. 3) Ready-made templates and available facilities for branding and making a presentation or catalog and everything that is needed in this application is excellent.

Cons

It needs more prebuilt templates there are, it faster the user's work in designing and presenting. I suggest adding new templates every week or every month. Everything is great in other parts.

Tammy S.

Easy to use and priced well for my small business

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

Trying to catch and capture my clients and leads with professional marketing flyers and postcards. Print companies cost too much and I don't like not being in control of the art and placement. I use lucidpress for flyers, programs, catalogs and social media posts.

Pros

I love how easy it is to put together flyers and advertisements. I am not a graphics designer and I cannot afford to have a marketing department so this service has been great for our small business. I really LOVE the image manager the best :)

Cons

Really? I don't have too many complaints. Maybe more templates that make it faster to create my flyers but I don't really have anything about lucidpress that I don't like.. and that's pretty amazing.. I use this tool daily.

Kent K.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Free version is useful for many purposes

Reviewed on 2019/01/20

Lucidpress was a dream solution for the very small nonprofit organization I was working with when I first discovered it (7+ years ago). It offered tools and features that allowed us to create promotional materials like posters, fliers, forms, reports, etc. It now limits the print quality within the free version to a point that it is only useful for creating quick art for social media. For that purpose, I still recommend it occasionally.

Pros

Highlights of Lucidpress include sharing and collaborating on files, as well as being to work on files from anywhere with internet access.

Cons

They have severely hobbled the quality of files that can be downloaded with a paid version.

Mark R.
  • Industry: Events Services

A game changer for design needs

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

A very powerful, yet cost effective tool for my DTP and page layout needs. A top notch tool for creating marketing materials.

Pros

pretty much everything. It is a powerful DTP and page layout tool that gives you many features in a cloud based solution. The app is quick and speedy. Very robust. included templates are quality.

Cons

Lack of an app to be able to function using my ipad. Strictly limited to pc or mac. In todays age, mobility is crucial and lucid press needs to get the ability to function on an ipad.

Stephania B.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

I love the ease and quality of Lucid Press!

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

Lucid Press is well-structured and has great newsletter templates. It was a really big help in designing my school's newsletters. I was able to guide my students easily with the Lucid Press templates.

Pros

I like the formatted templates and the ease of use, of Lucid Press. It was easy for me to use the formatted templates with my students and my organizations.

Cons

I loved Lucid Press as it is. It works well for me.

Mark B.

I've used LucidPress for professional projects like posters, business cards, and graphics....

Reviewed on 2017/06/18

Pros

Ease of use. Everything pops. Lots of versatility and storage. When I create posters and flyers they look professional, more than professional. They grab attention, and I didn't have to attend 30 hours of online courses in learning to use complicated software.

Cons

I'd like to see the ability to "flatten" PDFs for printing. Printers have come back to me with questions regarding fonts, graphics, etc. that aren't embedded. I've encountered one or two glitches in a final printed product that resulted from non-flattened transparencies. I don't have Adobe's suite of products (and don't want to pay for or learn to use them), that's the whole point of using a product like LucidPress. Please get that "flatten" feature working!!!

Nicole S.

User Friendly!

Reviewed on 2020/02/22

I like using this software. It makes it pretty easy for our students to create their own online magazines

Pros

Lucid Press is very user friendly. It doesn't have a big learning curve, so it's easy to jump right in a create a project. I also like the fact that you can generate code to embed a magazine directly onto your website.

Cons

I wish it were easier to cut/paste directly from Word documents. My writers send me articles written in word processing software and I really need to be able to paste content directly into Lucid Press. You can do it, but you have to use a white background because the pasted content (each word) ends up with a white background behind it. If you use a colored background on the page you're working on, it ends up looking like some sort of funky ransom note!

Suzanne W.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Easy Publishing Software

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

We use this software for a range of different aspects of business from forms to handouts to creating advertisements to use on-line to posters & flyers. Its easy, adaptable and quick.

Pros

The ease of use and templates that you can adjust.

Cons

That it does not have a "Format Painter" option to copy the same text, font colour that you have to something else in one click.

Thomas F.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

The Friends of the Botanical Garden of Gothenburg, Sweden

Reviewed on 2020/02/23

If you know a bit of publishing it is a perfect tool to create any kind of document you would like to publish. It is also easy and fun to see how well the document will grow and finally look like.

Pros

It is a modern and userfriendly webbased publishing tool that I have come to like a lot. I have used it over more than 2 years for publishing our newsletter to our 7,000 members, 4 times a year.

Cons

As it is web based tool you need a good internet connection and sometimes you have to be a bit patient with the reply.

Shawna C.

Lucidpress Review

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

It is overall easy to navigate and simple to figure out even for a beginner.

Pros

I like that it is so user friendly, and even a beginner can navigate easily.

Cons

It do not like that it does not accept Vector files.

William S.
  • Industry: Public Safety
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easiest Program Ever

Reviewed on 2017/06/17

It has made the creation of our monthly magazine much easier than ever before.

Pros

LucidPress is easy to learn and easy to use. It helps me create a magazine of sometimes as much as 30+ pages in only a few days. It is also very adaptable. It is so easy to add or subtract pages, I don't know how I ever got along without it!

Cons

The only real 'con' I can thing of is the image manager. All of the images I have ever used (lots!) are stored from earliest to most recent in the manager with no apparent way to categorize them or archive them by subject.

Maggie G.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Intuitive, easy to use, nice results.

Reviewed on 2019/03/02

Before finding and using lucidpress, I was never completely satisfied with the professional look of my television series Bibles. Lucidpress solved those concerns.

Pros

I found lucidpress to be easy to use, the functionality was very intuitive, I was also very satisfied with the fact that I can upload my own pictures with ease. This was my first experience with lucidpress I used it for a television series Bible and so far the reactions and feedback has been very positive.

Cons

So far I have not run into any cons. Lucid is easy to use.

Greg R.
  • Industry: Publishing

Amazing design software

Reviewed on 2017/06/17

Easy for a novice like me to design pages

Pros

I could not get a handle on InDesign, far to complicated if you didn't start with them in the beginning. I had to hire a designer for my digital publication. I found LucidPress and I'm a designer! So EASY to use.. I create amazing pages for my publication theblueupright.com a fly fishing catalog.. Just try it!

Cons

Would like to embed video's on the pages, not link. Would like to be able to separate documents. also would like an easier way to renumber pages.

Jodi S.

Lucidpress has been a great solution for our small non-profit.

Intuitive interface

Pros

I feel like Lucidpress is pretty intuitive to use. There hasn't been a huge learning curve. Like that we can store our brand colors, fonts etc.

Cons

We hoped to be able to convert Publisher files, but we are not able to do that at this time. We have had to recreate those documents.

Shannon C.

Design Made Easy

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Highly efficient.

Pros

I enjoy the templates as well as the option for your own design. Efficient.

Cons

I would like to see more options for pictures/effects for pictures.

Sandrine A.

Easy

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

Most of the time we know exactly what we want before asking a designer. With lucidpress we put our idea in image before sending it to a professionnal. We win time and therefore money

Pros

It's so easy to use it that you never give up

Cons

it's not easy (i didn't manage) to use documents from indesign

Dan H.

Had a great experience with lucidpress. For a small non profit, it fits our needs/skill...

Reviewed on 2017/06/15

The ability to create professional promotional documents for our agency. We have a small marketing/print budget, but lucidpress allows us to have high quality products for an affordable price.

Pros

It's easy to use for anyone on our team here at Lincoln Park Community Shelter. Our development Director, Volunteer Relations Manager and program interns use it weekly, and can easily share and update documents with each other.

Cons

Somewhat limited in our package to use more templates and software. In addition, we've had some issues in the past with editing pictures.

Abby F.

Lucidpress has made simple publications easy for us to create internally!

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

Pros

I love that LucidPress is a program that users of all capabilities can use. Our staff, committee members, and interns have all had success in using the software and I love the collaborative capabilities that the software has.

Cons

At times my older desktop computer cannot handle the software so it runs really slow. We also produced a book using the software and it was really difficult to work on while using the older desktop computers. I have no issues when I'm using my personal laptop.

Isidore guy M.
  • Industry: Publishing

Cheaper and useful

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

I am a small book publisher and as I dig in my pocket, I was happy to find lucidpress to facilitate my job.

Pros

This is the second year I am using it. And I like it, first because it is the most cheaper I could find and, secondly I like how I can manipulate the Items.

Cons

The fact that I could not found it in other languages. I usually speak French and sometimes it is complicated to manipulate what I want right away as I have to do conversion in my mind from English into French.

Richard M.
  • Industry: Printing
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

AMAZING if you're trying to self-publish a book (or other publishing media)

Reviewed on 2019/11/07

Used it to publish my wife's book on Amazon. She had a ton of non-standard writing too (poetic indents, lots of italics and bolds and quotes, etc.) and Lucidpress handled it all

Pros

If you have written a book and tried to publish, you know that writing the damn thing is one project, but getting it into book format is a whole other beast. Lucidpress is amazing for getting your words in book format. HIGHLY recommend if you're trying to self-publish on Amazon or something.

Cons

It's great. No real cons. Amazingly helpful tool and seems to just keep getting better/easier with every update. Keep it up Lucidpress!!

Devon A.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great design app

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Pros

Lucid press has great templates and things to get you started designing. It’s really easy to customize the flyers for whatever you need.

Cons

The platform left a little to be desired when it came to moving elements around within a template. The information could be customized but the elements could not be moved easily. Also the import file format was a little difficult to get a hold of.

Lexie K.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Easy for Non-Designers

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Such a great workspace for non-designers to be creative.

Pros

I liked how I was able to transfer all my skills from Illustrator and MORE from this software. It has advanced capabilities even though even though beginners can use it too. It puts a lot of pressure off me, as a graphic designer, when writers can create visuals of what they are thinking themselves.

Cons

This does not replace Illustrator in my opinion since there is just not the same amount of flexibility offered. It is still useful for the writers.

Dave B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Lucid press review Nostalgica

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

Pros

It's easily accessible and shareable for all users and from any locations without needing to download software

Cons

Resizing is a bit of an issue and the values when direct printing are off

Chere E.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Excellent options

Reviewed on 2020/02/22

Lucidpress allowed us to create several books and other projects with ease. The templates are terrific, the cost is perfect and the end result is stunning.

Pros

Lucidpress has provided excellent templates.

Cons

The site could use more book templates and other options.

Sarah T.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

I love having an online based publishing software!

Reviewed on 2017/06/15

Pros

I can use this software both at work and home. It is much better than using Microsoft Word to create posters or other publications as this allow you to put boxes where you want without auto adjusting.

Cons

I would like to be able to create text paths. I would like to be able to tell lucidpress to not put text over a picture in the corner but to flow around it with out shaping it myself.