MyCase Reviews

MyCase

Practice More, Manage Less.

4.7/5 (270 reviews)
Grace S.

MyCase has made my practice workable with minimal staff and monetary investment

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

I am able to work at home and at locations and times convenient to clients; I can offer work-at-home opportunities to staff; storage is no longer an issue since my office is almost entirely "paperless"; I have been able to reduce the number of support staff; the return calls I have to make has been greatly reduced because there is no longer a need to locate files and contact others to ensure everything is up to date; I have an efficient means of tailoring case management based on the type of case or client

Pros

--I am able to access and update my entire case files from anywhere;
--my staff can view the same information I am, when I am away from the office
--it is easy to adjust to the specific requirements of my practice; for example, I can set up a "case" for all my administrative information ("Office Admin, 2018"), including documents, time, and expenses

Cons

--the software allows firm specific information to be input, but is limited on its usefulness; for example, I have a field for travel time as part of a time entry, but the invoice only shows the total time
--the inability to store documents with a contact as opposed to a case; for example, I use a particular therapist on multiple cases but I cannot attach her resume to her contact information; to be rapidly accessible, I must store the same document with every case
--the calendar can only be printed in an agenda format; to print monthly or weekly views, I must go outside the software to a sync'd calendar

Response from MyCase

Hi Grace, thank you for your feedback. There is a way to store documents as part of a contact, and a member of our product team has reached out to help you through the process. We have also taken note of your thoughts on calendar printing and invoicing, and will be taking it into consideration for improvements in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our customer support team! Your continued support and feedback is appreciated.

MyCase is the most intuitive and easiest to navigate system I've tried out of many.

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

Primarily, the ability to run my practice as a true solo, and to be able to work from anywhere and be as responsive as my clients need and expect me to be.

Pros

I like having everything in one place. Being able to access everything I need about my clients, opposing counsel, documents, billing, etc. makes it so I can follow up with my clients wherever I am. That's invaluable to me.

My clients can pay online, I can send invoicing reminders, and now I can add interest.

Calendaring is really a plus because when I enter it into MyCase it automatically sends to my clients and goes to outlook. One less thing for me to remember to do.

I need to do better with tagging, but clients can send me discovery documents, I can send them documents to review, we can see the changes between versions. I upload the final product, and my clients get their entire case file as it progresses, and have one location where they can view everything that's happened.

I also like that I can tell when a client has logged on, so if they haven't and I need them to respond, I can follow up. That eliminates the "lost in the ether" issues that crop up.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike, but there are always room for improvements. I'd love expanded searchability for documents and enhanced sorting. The trust accounting is a bit of a nightmare for me, so that can definitely be cleaned up.

More than anything, I'd like them to maybe partner with some people. I'd love to be able to scan something directly from my ScanSnap to MyCase, or even have a desktop app that I could save documents to that would automatically sync with MyCase.

Last, enhanced time entry would be a godsend. If I'm sending a message, it'd be nice if something popped up when I hit send to ask if I'd like to bill for it. Same for taking notes in the clients file.

Response from MyCase

Thank you for sharing how MyCase helps you run your practice more efficiently. We appreciate your thorough feedback and have passed on your suggestions to our product team! We are also happy to share that we have updated our time entry so that you can now create time entries based on messages, notes, & events.

Janaan H.

I Switched and Never Looked Back

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

With MyCase, I'm much better able to track the progress of the law firm, assess its growth and trends and from there strategize for the firm's future growth.

Pros

What's not to like about this software?!? It's user-friendly interface makes it a joy to work, keep an eye on the progress of your case, communicate easily and securely with clients, and, most importantly, let's me spend more time with my passion - practicing law.

Cons

I have two least favorites about this software. First, when I work with another co-counsel or Of Counsel on a case, these partners in work cannot access the client's folder unless I pay for them, even if they have their own MyCase account. Thus, I can only afford to give them the much limited Client access. The other thing is that only recently MyCase started making suggestions within the various fields, I wish they did this more and that, perhaps, they post a video or blog post on suggestions of ways to set up a case. This would be useful for those setting up shop for the first time.

Response from MyCase

Hi Janaan, thank you for your honest and thoughtful review. We are happy to hear that MyCase is giving you valuable time back as well as helping you grow your firm. Your feedback on co-counsel users and suggestions for best practices are extremely valuable, and our product team has reached out to you to hear your thoughts in more detail. Thank you again, we look forward to our continued partnership.

William Q.

Overall, very positive. I chose MyCase 4 years ago for its user-friendly interface for clients.

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

Pros

It provides an easy means of secure client communication and collaboration for those clients who have a computer and know how to use it. MyCase's payment system is affordable and hassle-free (no monthly fees and no worries about CPI compliance), and encourages faster payment by clients.

Cons

Not as beefy and versatile as in-house case management software. Files are sometimes hard to find. (A Windows Explorer-style interface would be faster and easier to look through. Suggest speeding up file list display and searching by chaching the file list and associated details to user browser.) File tagging is easy to do...but not that useful in practice. The new redesign of the client portal, while great for tiny screens, is not as user-friendly as the previous design. Clients sometimes miss new messages and comments. (Please don't change my dashboard to look like that!) One little request for the iPhone version of the client software for lawyers: Please add an alert button so I know when I have a new message/document/comment waiting, without having to fire up the app to check for these things.

Response from MyCase

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Will. It is great to hear that your firm is enjoying easy client communication and payments. We'll take your constructive feedback into account as we make updates moving forward. If you have any questions or would like to provide more detail about your mobile app experience, please email us at [email protected] We welcome any additional comments you may have about the app!

M. wayne T.

Easy and Efficient Case Management

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

I began using MyCase when it was relatively young. As a result it has been easy to master each new feature as it has been introduced. Tech support is responsive and helpful when needed. MyCase continues to add features based on input and suggestions from users and there seems to be a focus on staying current and relevant to demands of law office management.

Pros

From the beginning, it was easy to use, and as it has evolved, it remains user friendly. It eliminates the need for a paper file. One of the best features is that clients have access to their case, documents, calendar, billing and to their attorney. The messaging function eliminates voice messages and most phone calls. Clients can leave questions at any time of day or night and will have a documented answer without telephone tag. Overall case management is significantly more efficient than paper files.

Cons

The creation of Automated documents has been disappointing. The feature exists but is not as user friendly as the rest of the software. The recent integration with Dropbox is confusing as well but I suppose that may be my lack of familiarity with how it functions.

Response from MyCase

Thank you for your review. We are always grateful for customers like you that have been with us since the beginning, and who help us continue to improve and grow. We are sorry to hear that you have been having difficulties with the recent document and Dropbox updates, and a member of our product team has reached out to hear your feedback in more detail. We look forward to many more years of partnership and continuing to improve your experience!

Susan m S.

MyCase is the Most Affordable Small Law Firm Case Management Software

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/10/08

Pros

Affordability is one of the best benefits of MyCase. MyCase offers simple month-to-month, no contract obligation pricing a month for each attorney and /month for each paralegal. Another great benefit MyCase offers is Lawyer App which is compatible with iPhone, iPad or Adroid. Accounting features are limited within MyCase but with the ability to integrate QuickBooks, accounting is a snap. Collaborate, create, customize utilizing Legal Practice Management Tool Kit is another great feature MyCase provides to its clients. The automation software provides task template and case flows for repetitive forms via intake which is beneficial for estate planning, probate, divorce, and bankruptcy law firms. MyCase is the least expensive case management software available for law firms and would benefit small firms. Also, MyCase has been adding new features through time. You'll enjoy the time billing, firm reports, online payments, Quickbook integration, document management and collaboration features. I recommend trying the 30-day trial for free and check it out!

Cons

MyCase is the least expensive for a reason and with price, there are limits to features. MyCase is not as robust as its competitors if your law firm is medium to large. MyCase caters to small firms. If you are a firm that bills on contingency, UTBMS or LEDES, MyCase may not be for you. Also, MyCase only integrates with QuickBooks whiles others integrate with Xero too.

Response from MyCase

Hi Susan, thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear how MyCase's many features have been beneficial to your firm's productivity. We are happy to share that we now have UTBMS codes and LEDES billing to help make your invoicing process as seamless as possible. We look forward to our continued partnership and improving MyCase to meet the needs of customers like you.

Great experience overall.

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Pros

The people are great at customer service, I have had great experiences with Leslie Skelly, Drew, and Cat Allday. I like the Reports function and would like to see more Report options. I also like bulk exporting invoices.

Cons

The CMS functionality is great. I would suggest pinning the client to the top of the matter contacts, rather than having them appear at random in a long list. I would also suggest removing the 'Total' column from the Billing -> Account Activity section in the far right-hand column, or allowing the company to reset these figures annually. Seeing such a large 'Total' figure makes my boss angry since it accumulates over the lifetime of using MyCase and it is not helpful. Resetting the 'Total' every year would make it more useful.

While the websites department is a completely different division of Mycase, I found the websites to be expensive for the services received. In other words, I would like to have better access to editing the posts and the ability to delete another user's post. (For example, we have old employees who created posts, but since they are no longer with the firm, and we do not have the logins, there is allegedly no way to delete that former employee's posts.) Each firm should be given one master user account with full privileges to allow editing all posts. Also, we should be given access to the Google Analytics tracking, since MyCase controls the data and does not share it with the client/firm. It is terrible trying to track how many monthly users we have, and we are not able to use several APIs out there due to the non-sharing protocol where we do not know the UA code and have no access whatsoever to user traffic statistics.

Alan D.

MyCase Law Firm Software Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

It very nearly has everything needed to run a law firm efficiently, and alleviate stress, eliminate missed deadlines/appointments, maintain communication with clients, and get paid for work quickly. We've used it since 2012 when it was in its early stages, and there have been regular updates and new features added to make it a strong robust system for client and case management as well as trust accounting. I highly recommended.

Pros

Very useful client portal. Clients can login, keep track of their case, upload documents, view documents uploaded by firm, calendar with reminders, make payments, and securely message the firm.

Ease of use, very modern simple interface.

Flat fees per user.

Management of cases, custom fields, reports, and case status information easily updated and available.

Free e-check payments from clients.

Calendar function for firm to manage cases, and deadlines.

Tasks to keep track of

Cons

Reporting on all cases is not quite there yet, but it has been recently updated. Needs to allow firm to save different reports based on specified data. At the moment specific reports based on specific data cannot be saved, must be input each time you run a case report.

Response from MyCase

Hi Alan, thank you for your review. We greatly value your continued partnership as a customer since 2012. We are happy to share that you can now save specific reports with one click to save you time! Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service team with any questions.

Nancie W.

Great product that could use a few tweaks.

Reviewed on 2018/08/29
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am going to have to look into another credit card processing that will not link with MyCase which is frustrating but the company that MyCase has contracted with is not good at best and very expensive to our company.

Pros

The product’s google like set up is very nice. Training new employees is a breeze and the software is very intuitive so normally people have no issue catching on.I like the layout generally and the options that you have managing accounting and case files. I love how it syncs with QuickBooks almost seamlessly.

Cons

Th new layout with recent activity as the first window when you pull up a case file is the WORST idea. Very annoying. The lack of response you get as a customer is frustrating at times especially when you put ina request or comment and then get no response. The lack of ability to use other credit card processing platforms is very frustrating given that the PayPros platform is one of the way more expensive options. The app often has issues “connecting” or logging on.

Response from Emma

Hi Nancie, thank you for your review! It is great to hear that MyCase has been easy to integrate with your firm, and it looks like you have recently transitioned onto MyCase payments since writing your review. With regards to your feedback on the Recent Activity view, a member of our product team has reached out to you to hear about your experience in more detail. Listening to customer feedback is one of our top priorities, and we look forward to improving your experience.

Vicky W.

MyCase is good for the small or solo lawfirm

Reviewed on 2017/02/28

We have tried many legal organization and calendar programs. MyCase is very easy to use and basic. Our Firm primarily uses the calendar to keep the consults, deadlines, court schedules for each attorney. The tasks are useful for myself, and I can set up due dates and keep track of what I have to do. I also put payment plan dates in there to remind me to call a client if they have not made payment. We also use the billing feature to make our invoices look better. The way mycase keeps track of incoming money isn't the best or most accurate. For example when we bill out expenses, it still shows as income. Also, when you deposit something into the Trust account in mycase, and use those funds to pay an invoice, there are some quirks. We do not use the "trust account" feature to keep track of the real IOLTA account at all. Everything is very easy to use and someone who isnt tech savvy can catch on easily as well. During the use of it, we found that the name of the event you are putting in you have to list a clients first, last name and it needs to be spelled correctly, or you can not search for it in the search bar. Even if you link a calendar event to a case, it wont show up in the search bar. We do not use the message feature or document feature, we also do not allow our clients access to their online case. We just use the program for our internal use only. Overall I would recommend this to most law firms. Our Firm has grown from 1 attorney and 2 support staff to 4 attorneys and 5 support staff. So the monthly price of the program is starting to not be affordable for a calendar program.

7.0/10
Bridget t. S.

I absolutely love MyCase. Ease of use and excellent customer service make it a must-use for solos.

Reviewed on 2018/02/05

Pros

I love the timekeeper, the ability to start several timers at once, and the ease with which you can enter narratives for each time entry. Making invoices is super easy as well, and you can even (I just learned this) add your firm's logo to your invoices. The invoices look very professional, and are easy to edit and amend as needed. There is a "no charge" function for time entries you decide to write off for clients. You can also share invoices via the client portal if you'd like. I am just exploring some of the other features of MyCase, such as the task list, the calendar, and using MyCase to keep track of marketing and contacts.

Cons

I'd like to be able to view detailed time entries with narratives before creating an invoice. Maybe this exists? Right now, I create an invoice, print it out, decide what changes I want to make, then go back into the invoice and edit it.

Response from MyCase

Thank you, Bridget, for your thoughtful review. We are happy to hear that you are saving time with MyCase and finding value in new features. Also, you can now run a detailed Case Time & Expense Report and view more details on your Time Entries before creating an invoice. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or additional feedback. We look forward to our continued partnership.

Mary C.

Super User Friendly, with prompt, amazing U.S. support

- Client and case management
- Secured client communications, with no filing necessary; all communications are automatically linked to and stored in the client file
- Document management - easy for clients and legal teams to share documents of any size
- Invoicing - Easy, professional invoices - easy to add/delete/modify/mark as non-billable/or remove from invoice any time entry or expense; Clients can pay through their account via credit card or e-check
- Task Management - Really great workflow feature which allows staff to attach a standard workflow to a file, and the workflow automatically generates checklists and tasks
- Calendaring - Easy for staff to handle calendaring; any firm user can view the calendar of another firm user by clicking his/her color block; Calendar events can be easily shared with clients and other staff
- Easy for clients to find - MyCase is linked to our website, which makes it easy for clients to locate and login

Pros

Intuitive, easy to use / multiple ways of accomplishing the same task: I am not technologically savvy, but MyCase makes everything easy. The staff is also U.S. based, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We have never had a circumstance where MyCase did not promptly help us figure out the solution!

Cons

Like all software, new features take time to be added, but the team is always willing to listen to suggestions and work them into the updates.

Mary C.

User Friendly and Always Improving

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

MyCase makes my practice manageable!

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly, even for a non-tech person like me. I particularly love having the ability to have client messages, file notes, documents, workflows, task lists, time, expenses, and billing in one place. All actions are intuitive, and there are often multiple ways to do the same thing. For example, I can click a button on the home page to add a new expense and then attach it to a file or once I am in a file, I can click a file button to add the expense directly. I have found the MyCase staff to be extremely helpful in explaining the software and helping me best use new features. The software is also very cost effective in that I pay for firm seats, not client seats, so I can add hundreds or thousands of client files with no additional cost. The very best thing, however, is that they are constantly upgrading and adding new features. Many of the "wants" for which I have asked over the years have already been implemented.

Cons

I would like more ability to pull reporting from the Workflows (e.g. pull a client list of all files at a particular status point in a workflow).

Mary ellen L.

I would be lost without MyCase!

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

This software has allowed me to keep in constant contact with clients as well as better organization of files and time utilized in each. In addition it has allowed me to be prompt with billing and has give our clients a vast array of ways to pay for their services as well as interact with our office.

Pros

I absolutely love that you can interact with your client daily - updating his/her file within seconds. It is convenient to have past cases, documents, invoices accessible at the touch of a key. I also think the report feature is a great feature. This site has made my job so much easier.

Cons

My only "gripes" per se would be that you cannot enter a reoccurring meeting in the calendar. Instead you have to do so individually even if every Wednesday at 9am you have the same meeting. I would love to see this feature implemented. I would also like to see the "closed cases" appointments remain on the calendar, even if they turn a different color to clarify instead of them being removed.

Response from MyCase

Hi Mary, thank you for taking the time to review! We are pleased to share that MyCase has added the recurring events function. This new feature allows you to manage daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly calendar events without entering information for each individual date. We encourage you to keep updating the app as we continue to add new features.

Kari H.

Love it!

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

Pros

It has streamlined communication between the office and clients. Our clients love the ease of accessing messaging, documents and calendaring. It has made practice and managing our clients and information so much easier. The customer service is exceptional. We do not hesitate to point out changes that we would like to see (either something that does not work or a feature that we would like to see added). It is clear that they are listening because it is not uncommon for us to see some of our feedback result in some change down the line. I cannot say enough positive things about the program.

Cons

I really have nothing to add here. Any time we have an issue with the program or there is something that does not function appropriately, we reach out to customer service and they are quick to help walk us through a solution or we see the solution come in an update at some point down the road.

Response from MyCase

Thank you for sharing your positive experience, Kari! We are always striving to learn from out customers and provide meaningful feature updates, and it's great to hear that MyCase has helped streamline communication within your firm. We look forward to our continued partnership!

David D.

Simple Efficient InDepth Law Office Organization

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Efficient law practice. Very organized. Portal for clients to communicate, see updates, and to upload documents.

Pros

Mycase provides a clean and easy platform to record and organize case information. Any case file is ready to review at the click of a button, whether to prep before court or for when a client calls. Clients probably think I personally remember all of their case details. But it is really because I pull up mycase and am looking at their file when they call, whether in the office or out of the office and on my iphone.

Clients can view their case status without calling me. Clients can upload documents and message information. It is like having a secretary in the cloud that organizes all my client files and keeps clients up to date.

Cons

The mobile app in the past was static but full of information and easy to use, and extremely reliable. The new mobile app has way more functions, with the hope of eventually have high utility but is still in the growing stage. Can't wait until I can have a virtual office on my iphone. Until, I will continue to depend on the extremely reliable mycase desktop service.

Angela A.

Ease of use and clients love the ability to access their information and communicate with our office

Reviewed on 2018/01/26

Pros

The best thing about the program is having access to every file and every document at a moments notice. We are a fast paced criminal defense office and I don't have a lot of time to be constantly going to the file room to pull files every time a client calls or comes in. I can access it all right from my computer. What's especially nice is even after a file is closed a client may call and ask something about their case and within seconds I can tell them what they need to know without having to go to storage and call them back a few days later.

Cons

For our office the calendar feature is not very helpful. It doesn't function how we would like for it to so I have to post court dates to 2 different calendars but because of that it does always give us a back up for verification of court dates.

Response from MyCase

Hi, Angela, thank you for taking the time to provide this thoughtful feedback. We're happy to hear that you are enjoying the array of functionality and ease-of-access that MyCase provides. A member of our Product Management team has reached out to discuss your experience with the calendar feature, and learn more about your needs in the calendaring feature.

Rebecca P.

Overall, a great product. Well thought out, easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Streamlines case management, makes communication with clients easier, makes exchange of documents (especially sensitive or voluminous ones) simple and secure.

Pros

I like that they are continually adding/improving based on client feedback. Workflows are a huge time saver. I like the ease of sharing things with clients and opposing counsel securely.

Cons

I would very much like to be able to mark documents as read in small batches, say just those pertaining to a certain case, or just those in a current view. There are times when I have a lot of documents to mark as read, but many of them are things that I have already read and dealt with in hard copy, and they are being uploaded for the client. Having to click into each one to mark it as read consumes a lot of time.

Response from MyCase

Hello Rebecca, thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to share how MyCase has streamlined your practice and continued to adapt to the needs of your firm. We are also happy to announce that you can now mark select case documents as read from the Case Details page. If you have any additional questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team!

Tyler H.

MyCase is practice management software with a full feature set, excellent support, & a great price.

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Pros

The MyCase software is easy to use and easy to integrate into an existing law practice. The software has all the features of any other major practice management suite, and there is continual improvement of existing features while new features are being developed and released at regular intervals. The support team is very responsive to questions and feature requests, and the Knowledge Base makes it easy to learn the functions of the software. The new mobile app is vastly improved as well. In my opinion, MyCase represents the best overall value out of any other practice management suite I've considered.

Cons

I would like to see the MyCase mobile app adopt more of the features & functions of the website, making it easier to perform management tasks "on the go" through your phone. Also, I would like to see MyCase provide more integrations with other software, such as RocketMatter and Clio already do, though MyCase does presently integrate with Google Apps/G Suite, Quickbooks, and Outlook.

Xavier S.

More bang for the buck

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Great life style changer! Gives you a lot of time back, administratively and lawyering.

Pros

Client Communication is phenomenal in the form of email in one place for each client.

The cloud features easily allows you share documents drafted in house and any scanned portion of the client's file.

Client can pay invoice electronically and accounting of remaining balance kept automatically. Keeps track of customized client payment plans and sends auto reminders.

Calendar and task reminders for you and your clients makes it more efficient to practice especially as a solo practioner.

Cons

Need ACH pymt option....................

Response from MyCase

Hi Xavier, thank you for taking the time to review. We are happy to hear how MyCase has helped to better communicate with clients and given you back valuable time every day. We do offer ACH payment options for your clients if your firm uses MyCase Payments. Today, we only support credit card as a payment method for your MyCase subscription, since it is a recurring subscription service. If you have any further feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team!

Jerry C.

Couldn't Practice Without it

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Before MyCase, my solo practitioner law practice was trying to keep organized with paper files and a stand alone billing module.

Pros

Very easy to add clients and cases. Basically, all information regarding a client is housed in one place. We have never had the software be non-accessible and I have pretty good feedback from my clients.
Also, the trial for this software was no stings attached - they didn't even take my credit card information. After using this for a weekend I decided that I couldn't practice without it.

Cons

I think the "reporting" could be a little bit stronger.

Response from MyCase

Hello Jerry, thank you for sharing your review. It is great to hear how MyCase has become a integral part of your practice and is easy for clients to use. For reporting, we suggest utilizing the new Case Insights page, which provides an easy snapshot of what is happening within your firm. If you would like to share your feedback on reporting in more detail or have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our product team at [email protected]

David S.

Best All Around Practice Management Software

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

There have been a couple of instances where I asked for a feature, and someone from MyCase contacted me to show me a prototype of the feature I was requesting. It's great to be involved in making the service better for me and for other lawyers.

Pros

MyCase is competitive in pricing. More importantly, they continue to listen to their customers and provide new features. It's like a little gift at least once a month, sometimes more often, when I see the "what's new" notification. They've even added features that I've specifically requested!

Cons

Overall I have no real complaints. It would be nice if the contacts sync to Outlook didn't frequently overwrite the file in order to update. I have to go in and add the new files to my address book each time that happens.

Response from MyCase

Thank you for your review of MyCase. A member of our product team has reached out to talk with you more about contact syncing with Outlook. We place tremendous value in customer feedback and appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your thoughts.

Christopher S.

Mycase has definitely made my practice more efficient and less stressful and the clients love it!

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

I like the fact that clients get virtually real-time updates on their cases through the email notices from mycase which makes them feel more involved even though I end up spending less time communicating with them myself. They can sign into their case file anytime of the day and night to review the latest filings and documents and they are notified every time I calendar a new event, which really cuts down on the unnecessary calls requesting updates when you would rather be working! In addition, I can tell how often each clients looks at their case and what they look at, which gives me a good idea of how motivated they are or whether they are following my instructions to review certain documents or complete certain tasks. I also like the secure encrypted message system but it seems to be the hardest feature to get the client to use with any regularity.

Cons

So far, unless I am missing something, I think the most aggravating thing about the software is the lack of a spellchecker for the client message system.

Jordan R.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

I enjoy using MyCase. It is a great software and they are constantly updating and adding new things. In addition, their custom service is the absolute BEST. They don't make you sit on hold, and don't take days to call back. You send an email within MyCase and someone from their team contact you right away.

Pros

I personally, enjoy the task tab. It keeps all of my tasks in one place and anyone can easily add a task to someone else. It also organizes them by importance, so you're not having to read through a list of handwritten notes to figure out what needs to be done today.

Cons

Some features are difficult to understand and not so easy to integrate into the way you were already doing things, causing you to not use the feature. Which I believe is a downfall, because being able to use one place for all of your case related needs is ideal- and of course, getting everyone within your firm to integrate their stuff to MyCase can be a challenge.

Mindi W.

Missing Some Key Features & Not the Most Convenient Set up

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

Comparing my experiences with MyCase, Practice Panther and Fresh Books: MyCase is easy to set up, is easy for clients to use and affordable (check to see if your state bar has a discount with them and ABA's is 20%). The downside is that there are some key features that would improve the attorney and client experiences. Some features I discussed with my customer service rep that were not available: 1. The big one: no electronic signatures and no integration with an existing electronic signature tool (clients have to print, sign, scan and return documents); 2. no ability to assign one billing point of contact for a client that is then linked to every matter/case opened for the client (must do it manually every time you open a matter); 3. no ability to auto-populate the address fields for contacts associated with the same client/company (which means more data entry); 4. no ability to organize individual general client documents (i.e. intake form, representation agreement) that have been uploaded unless associated with a case/matter (ended up having to create an "Admin-Client Name" case/matter for each client to hold the three documents we have on the client); 5.
clients receive a separate bill for every matter/case with no grand total; invoices are sorted by billing contact person rather than company. Setting up online billing was less convenient than Practice Panther or Fresh Books. MyCase won't let you use the online bill pay functionality during the 30-day trial until you purchase the software. Then they send you a 4-page agreement to sign electronically and return (ironic they use DocuSign but don't have an interface for us to use it with their software). Then they run a personal and business credit check and require you to send a voided check. Tons more red tape than online bill pay with LawPay through Practice Panther (which took minutes to apply and then acceptance was received the next day). So, after comparing Fresh Books, Practice Panther and MyCase, I am implementing MyCase with mild annoyances due to the inconveniences they create for setting up with them. But I've been told the experience of using them once set up is worth the headache of set up.