Rachelle S.

Love the system

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

I’m very very happy with mycase.

Pros

Client management is incredibly easy with this software. Keeps all Court dates, documents, billing, etc. I can select what I want the client to see too, which also keeps them from calling constantly as they can see what’s going on in their case. I can also do weekly billing and see who exactly is overdue. We also do weekly calendar meetings to assess any upcoming conflicts on the calendar.

It is all very user friendly and pretty intuitive. This is my favorite client management software.

Cons

The mobile app. Being a litigation attorney, I am in court all the time. So using the app is my saving grace for many things, but it needs some serious updating. You can still see your calendar and still see that people are overdue (but can’t see by how much or when). It’s easy to access the clients information so you can call them if you put their number in the system, etc. However, you can’t open invoices to see the details. I’ve noticed I can’t open signed documents on my phone either (that I’ve had clients sign through mycase) I can only open unsigned ones. Inputting client court dates into the calendar from the phone is tricky too because it is easy to skip over checking the clients box or other attorneys to appear as you have to go into each individual one. Whereas on the computer this process is very easy. So there are some definitely necessary updates in the mobile app part of this.

Chris D.

The Best Practice Management Solution Everywhere

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Pros

1. The best feature about Mycase is the client portal and client communication tools. This helps us automate some essential functions like sharing documents, court dates, deadlines, and obtaining information from clients to cut down on staff time. Now instead of dealing with "update calls" and requests for copies from our clients are able to focus on other tasks.

2. The workflows feature helps us take the thinking out of the routine tasks that need to be done on a case so we can focus our mental energies on the unique aspects of a given case.

3. Mycase is incredibly responsive to customer feedback. 90% of the suggestions I have submitted over the years are implemented and become part of the product. They release new features multiple times every month and help make a good product even better!

Cons

The one feature that needs work is email integration (saving emails sent and received to Mycase). The feature as it stands today requires a good deal of manual matching of emails to cases, a tedious task. I believe it would work better if they integrated email through IMAP or POP and allowed you to access and send external emails through Mycase, which would aid the sync process quite a bit.

Tray P.

review

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Great product. Seems the focus is on other areas besides client connection when client communication and connection is the best part of the entire program.
Streamling

Pros

Ease of use. App. Interface. Design. Client communication and ease of billing.

Cons

Costly, no auto responses capability in communications. So, if I'm not available or out of town and a client messages me, it could be a week before there is a response. Also, if a client messages my legal assistant, that message doesn't show up under my messages. All messages from that client to any in the firm should be able to be seen by all.

Response from MyCase

Hi Tray, thank you for sharing how MyCase has streamlined your billing and client communication. Regarding visibility into client messages, MyCase now allows you to enable all client message notifications for any firm member that has access to that case. Learn more here: https://help.mycase.com/s/article/Messaging-Overview. Our product team has also read and is discussing your thoughts on auto-responses, we appreciate the feedback. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected] Thank you for partnering with MyCase as we continue to improve on your experience.

William Q.

Overall, very positive. I chose MyCase 4 years ago for its user-friendly interface for...

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

Pros

It provides an easy means of secure client communication and collaboration for those clients who have a computer and know how to use it. MyCase's payment system is affordable and hassle-free (no monthly fees and no worries about CPI compliance), and encourages faster payment by clients.

Cons

Not as beefy and versatile as in-house case management software. Files are sometimes hard to find. (A Windows Explorer-style interface would be faster and easier to look through. Suggest speeding up file list display and searching by chaching the file list and associated details to user browser.) File tagging is easy to do...but not that useful in practice. The new redesign of the client portal, while great for tiny screens, is not as user-friendly as the previous design. Clients sometimes miss new messages and comments. (Please don't change my dashboard to look like that!) One little request for the iPhone version of the client software for lawyers: Please add an alert button so I know when I have a new message/document/comment waiting, without having to fire up the app to check for these things.

Response from MyCase

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Will. It is great to hear that your firm is enjoying easy client communication and payments. We'll take your constructive feedback into account as we make updates moving forward. If you have any questions or would like to provide more detail about your mobile app experience, please email us at [email protected] We welcome any additional comments you may have about the app!

Susan m S.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

MyCase is the Most Affordable Small Law Firm Case Management Software

Reviewed on 2017/10/08

Pros

Affordability is one of the best benefits of MyCase. MyCase offers simple month-to-month, no contract obligation pricing a month for each attorney and /month for each paralegal. Another great benefit MyCase offers is Lawyer App which is compatible with iPhone, iPad or Adroid. Accounting features are limited within MyCase but with the ability to integrate QuickBooks, accounting is a snap. Collaborate, create, customize utilizing Legal Practice Management Tool Kit is another great feature MyCase provides to its clients. The automation software provides task template and case flows for repetitive forms via intake which is beneficial for estate planning, probate, divorce, and bankruptcy law firms. MyCase is the least expensive case management software available for law firms and would benefit small firms. Also, MyCase has been adding new features through time. You'll enjoy the time billing, firm reports, online payments, Quickbook integration, document management and collaboration features. I recommend trying the 30-day trial for free and check it out!

Cons

MyCase is the least expensive for a reason and with price, there are limits to features. MyCase is not as robust as its competitors if your law firm is medium to large. MyCase caters to small firms. If you are a firm that bills on contingency, UTBMS or LEDES, MyCase may not be for you. Also, MyCase only integrates with QuickBooks whiles others integrate with Xero too.

Response from MyCase

Hi Susan, thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear how MyCase's many features have been beneficial to your firm's productivity. We are happy to share that we now have UTBMS codes and LEDES billing to help make your invoicing process as seamless as possible. We look forward to our continued partnership and improving MyCase to meet the needs of customers like you.

Nancie W.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great product that could use a few tweaks.

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

I am going to have to look into another credit card processing that will not link with MyCase which is frustrating but the company that MyCase has contracted with is not good at best and very expensive to our company.

Pros

The product’s google like set up is very nice. Training new employees is a breeze and the software is very intuitive so normally people have no issue catching on.I like the layout generally and the options that you have managing accounting and case files. I love how it syncs with QuickBooks almost seamlessly.

Cons

Th new layout with recent activity as the first window when you pull up a case file is the WORST idea. Very annoying. The lack of response you get as a customer is frustrating at times especially when you put ina request or comment and then get no response. The lack of ability to use other credit card processing platforms is very frustrating given that the PayPros platform is one of the way more expensive options. The app often has issues “connecting” or logging on.

Response from Emma

Hi Nancie, thank you for your review! It is great to hear that MyCase has been easy to integrate with your firm, and it looks like you have recently transitioned onto MyCase payments since writing your review. With regards to your feedback on the Recent Activity view, a member of our product team has reached out to you to hear about your experience in more detail. Listening to customer feedback is one of our top priorities, and we look forward to improving your experience.

Mary C.

User Friendly and Always Improving

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

MyCase makes my practice manageable!

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly, even for a non-tech person like me. I particularly love having the ability to have client messages, file notes, documents, workflows, task lists, time, expenses, and billing in one place. All actions are intuitive, and there are often multiple ways to do the same thing. For example, I can click a button on the home page to add a new expense and then attach it to a file or once I am in a file, I can click a file button to add the expense directly. I have found the MyCase staff to be extremely helpful in explaining the software and helping me best use new features. The software is also very cost effective in that I pay for firm seats, not client seats, so I can add hundreds or thousands of client files with no additional cost. The very best thing, however, is that they are constantly upgrading and adding new features. Many of the "wants" for which I have asked over the years have already been implemented.

Cons

I would like more ability to pull reporting from the Workflows (e.g. pull a client list of all files at a particular status point in a workflow).

Enya M.
  • Industry: Law Practice

MyCase gets the job done well!

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Overall, MyCase is a solid case management software! It has many bells and whistles that other programs do not have, but the user-interface could use some work.

Pros

MyCase is a wonderful all-in-one case management software that makes keeping things in one place a breeze! There are so many different functions within the program, like being able to send email and SMS confirmations to client for meetings, being able to share documents with them, and even being able to take payments directly through MyCase. We probably use the built-in Templates feature the most, it's so nice to be able to auto-generate a document in seconds.

Cons

The thing that I like the least about MyCase is how my personal calendar and our shared firm calendar don't always seem to sync well. Oftentimes things will be on mine that don't show on others, or vice-versa.

Response from MyCase

Hi Enya, thank you for sharing your favorite features and overall positive experience with MyCase. We are always pushing to further improve our customers' experience. To help troubleshoot any issues you may be having with calendar sync, a member of our customer success team has reached out to help. If you have any additional feedback, do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected]

Daniel S.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

My switch to MyCase greatly reduced the amount of time spent on keeping records of time spent on each client and on producing client invoices

Pros

The ease of time entry on a daily basis, and the corresponding ease of producing monthly invoices to send to clients.

Cons

I believe reporting features could be expanded.

Response from MyCase

Hi Daniel, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review! It's great to hear how MyCase has increased efficiency and time tracking capabilities for your firm. Please do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected] if you would like to share more detailed feedback on how reporting can be expanded. Thank you again, we look forward to our continued partnership.

David S.

Best All Around Practice Management Software

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

There have been a couple of instances where I asked for a feature, and someone from MyCase contacted me to show me a prototype of the feature I was requesting. It's great to be involved in making the service better for me and for other lawyers.

Pros

MyCase is competitive in pricing. More importantly, they continue to listen to their customers and provide new features. It's like a little gift at least once a month, sometimes more often, when I see the "what's new" notification. They've even added features that I've specifically requested!

Cons

Overall I have no real complaints. It would be nice if the contacts sync to Outlook didn't frequently overwrite the file in order to update. I have to go in and add the new files to my address book each time that happens.

Response from MyCase

Thank you for your review of MyCase. A member of our product team has reached out to talk with you more about contact syncing with Outlook. We place tremendous value in customer feedback and appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your thoughts.

Kyle W.

MyCase

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

This has been a game changer for my office. I highly recommend.

Pros

I love this program! It has made my practice so much easier and it allows my clients to have so much access to their case. This is a must have for a law offices.

Cons

Syncing to QuickBooks needs to have some bugs worked out. Sometimes the speed is very slow and sometimes will double charge a client.

Lacey W.

MyCase works

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

very good

Pros

It is a good value. The features mesh well together. It is easy to use.

Cons

moving from a document to document in a case requires you to go back to the case name first

Leanne J.
  • Industry: Legal Services

MyCase has enabled us to be in court or out of the office more with access to our files

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

Pros

Ease of use and accessibility from virtually anywhere. I also like that everyone in the firm can see one another's calendars.

Cons

Billing can be a bit tricky. It's probably the least favorite part as far as invoicing goes. Also, I wish you could select multiple documents or the PDF's at once, instead of having to download them one by one. I also wish the calendar would show you new events added by other users in the firm instead of showing a notification that someone added something to your calendar and then having to search day by day for what was added.

Response from MyCase

Thank you for your review and feedback, Leanne. It's great to hear that MyCase has enabled your firm to be more agile and efficient in your practice. I'm excited to say that we released the ability to download multiple documents at once earlier this year. A member of our Product Management team has reached out to learn more about your experience with the Calendar feature.

Mitch J.

MyCase allows us to provide clients with exemplary service

Reviewed on 2013/08/28

In today's fast paced and multitasking world, everything comes down to people and relationships. For almost three decades, our goal has been to engage and connect with our clients and to make their experience with our firm a positive one.

Now, with the MyCase service, we are able to do just that and more. Here's what I'm talking about...

Trust

We believe that trust is built around communication and transparency. MyCase allows our clients 24/7 secured access to designated case documents, upcoming calendar events and more. When the client needs important case information, it's just a click or two away. They appreciate the service and appreciate the fact that we took the time to make it available.

The simple and intuitive MyCase portal lets our attorneys and clients share case information and offers simply notifications and alerts of important case developments. Clients can now log in and check document status and details involving upcoming dates and hearings at their convenience. They can also share private emails and comments on all case matters.

Client Satisfaction

For almost 3 decades, we have always believed that a successful attorney/client experience means that we need to provide our clients with exemplary legal advice and services. Having said that, we also believe that in today's fast paced 'instant information' digital business environment, giving clients free 24/7 access to important case information helps improve the legal experience and is key to building a positive and professional relationship with each and every one of our clients. Again, MyCase is allowing us to do this and more.

The bottom line is that clients tell us they enjoy MyCase. They like having access to case information when they need it. We think your clients will too.

Sure, MyCase also allows us to manage client and case information, including time and expense billing. It help us be more efficient and also allows us to access our case information from almost anywhere.

Regardless of these benefits, we continue to believe that the best thing about the MyCase service is how it just makes things easier for the client. And whey you really think about it, that's what is really important.

Lucia R.
  • Industry: Law Practice

smooth sailing with this product!

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

Pros

The cellphone app which is compatible with iPad as well, is very convenient. All your cases and documents are on hand at all times! The new email and text messaging integration are great tools to keep all communication in one place! I also find the ability to accept payments online at a minimal % fee to be convenient in my solo practice.

Cons

Overall, MyCase is excellent. The only improvement I would like to see is for all documents to be immediately previewable (without having to download). I would also like to have the option to send calendar events to all clients with only their cellphone number (rather than requiring an email address as it is currently set up).

Rebecca P.
  • Industry: Law Practice

MyCase has expanded our capacity

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

The streamlining and organization we've been able to accomplish using MyCase has allowed us to expand our capacity for cases without expanding personnel. They are very responsive to suggestions. In the few years we have been with them, we've seen at least 2 things that we suggested become part of MyCase, and we've seen many other updates implemented that I'm sure were suggestions from others. I love that they're willing to find ways to keep improving. We appreciate this software more every year.

Pros

It is easy to use, intuitive, and a great place to keep all of our case information as well as communicate with our clients.

Cons

We don't use their billing functions yet. There are still some things we do that they don't support very well.

Tucker C.

Great for small firms

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Great! Glad we switched from server based competitor that had become a bloated, hard to use pain in the ___!

Pros

If you need to train new staff to use your system (which small law firms do as staff changes) without having a dedicated training person, then Mycase is great because it is intuitive and has a fantastic help center. They do need more videos rather than text based instructions, but the text stuff does have screen shots showing most things. And they come up with new stuff all the time, which is nice.

Cons

Some minor feature things I would do different. But I adapted to all of that.

Amy W.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Needed to compare time and billing software for a solo practitioner

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Customer service has been outstanding. Everyone that I have spoken to has been friendly and willing to take over my computer. Very helpful. Cody Nielson, one of the senior people has been especially helpful when I asked about the security of putting in bank information. The system allows you to reconcile bank statements, but the attorney that I work for is reluctant to do that until we are using the system for a month or two. The law firm's IT person also recommended MyCase. The cost is extremely reasonable and an attorney can get a discount by being a member of the ABA.

Pros

MyCase is an extremely user-friendly time and billing software. The tutorials have been very helpful. I needed to find something that an attorney could do with great ease. I also needed to be able to deal with retainers and trust accounts. You have the ability of allowing the clients to log into a secured client portal and share documents, as well as forwarding billing information. MyCase gives you the ability to create deadlines in calendar. All the deadlines from the calendar appear on the right side of the screen when you log in which is very convenient. Working with invoicing was much easier than I thought too.

Cons

I don't like the constant updates if a client logs into the Client Portal or if an update was made to the case or contact.

Maria R.

One place for everything

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

I find it easy to use and think it's a great way to keep a law firm organized and on top of things. Moreover, it's a great way to keep clients updated on the status of their case and easily track conversations - no more endless searches on e-mail.

Pros

I like how we can do everything on it: billing, messages, calendaring, adding workflows and case stages, so nothing falls down the cracks. I also like how we can post comments on specific documents.

Cons

The messaging system times you out, so if writing a long message, it is best to type it somewhere else first then copy and paste to MyCase.

Margaret M.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easy to use and saves time

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Pros

I like the intuitiveness of the program as well as the ability to accept payment online. I am able to keep all my information in one place and invoice very quickly.My client Find it easy to use.

Cons

While it is very easy overall to use, I have struggled with the feature for creating documents. I have not spent the time learning that feature, but it is not as intuitive as the rest of the features.

Cameron W.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Head and shoulders above its competitors

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

Enjoy using this product; the support team is very accessible and helpful to address any issues I may encounter;

Pros

The developers are constantly making improvements to its program, making it easier for users. Clients find the system to be very user-friendly from reviewing their cases to paying their invoices at the site.

Cons

The reports could be easier to follow/understand. It seems all the reports would be related, but it gets confusing.

Barbara R.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Convenient and very accessible anytime anywhere

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

The ability to have all case documents at my disposal at any time from any location

Pros

I like the mobile accessibility of the software. Even when my office computer goes down I can access it from my tablet laptop or mobile device. Having the option of mobile platforms to choose from I can keep up with any documents I may have left behind and easily share with whomever I need to.

Cons

I would like to be able to organize the case documents by date of the document versus the date I uploaded it to the database for chronological consistency. Also, the search features aren't as precise as I would like but I expect that with use and updates that these features would be added in the future

Emmanuel O.

Excellent MyCase

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

It's been a great experience using MyCase. It transformed my practice.

Pros

It's portability, the fact that you can access cases and documents from anywhere on your laptop or phone.

Cons

Cases are not numbered. So one has to manually count the list of cases to track how many there are.
Also, the inability to run client's credit or debit cards.

Response from MyCase

Hi Emmanuel, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that MyCase is helpful to your practice. Our product team has noted your feedback regarding case numbers and will take this into account with future updates.

Kelsey M.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

If you have concerns or ideas about improving the software they take those and see what they can do in order to achieve those ideas and fix the concerns. Everyone you talk with is so friendly. Love that it is user friendly!

Pros

I love that it is easy to use and that the company is easy to get ahold of if you have questions and they are quick to answer you!

Cons

At first we struggled with the program not having a payment option, but now that they have that we love it even more!

Katrina Z.

Best Case Management App Out There

Reviewed on 2020/01/15

Pros

I ultimately chose MyCase because it very user-friendly and really intuitive. I tried out several options and made comparisons and MyCase was the best. The price point is also very attractive. Other software will charge you extra to access other features but for MyCase, there is only low price you pay for ALL its features.

Cons

I haven't found anything I didn't like about this software.