Wagepoint

4,7
Rory S.
Industry: Oil & Energy
Company size: Self Employed

The epitome of getting what you pay for

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

The customer service is atrocious; I have an email chain documenting unimaginable buffoonery. The height of their incompetence would be hilarious on a show like The Office:
I emailed to confirm they weren't making tax filings for a quarter (as I was in the process of transitioning to a competent service). They left me a voicemail that unfortunately the filing had already been made because apparently I hadn't clicked the proper toggle on the website, even though I'd requested from customer service several months earlier that the filings be suspended. I asked to have the filings emailed to me immediately to confirm what was filed. They refused, saying it would be posted to my account within a few days (but after the filing deadline, of course).
When the filings still weren't posted by then, I asked where they were. Another rep responded that they were under the impression I didn't want the filings made, so they hadn't been done. If I'd like the filing done, they would - but charge me $75 since it was a $0-filing.
I called and reached a receptionist who claimed he could only take a message and was unable to transfer me to a human being. Roughly a day later, a 3rd company rep emailed to report they'd made the filing (for free bc of the "confusion" but w/o actually consulting me on how I wanted to handle the situation). When asked how they planned to address the late-filing penalties, they warned that the responsibility for timely filings was "ultimately" mine. Are you kidding me?

Pros

I was initially attracted to (and eventually chose) this payroll provider for its simplistic cost structure: $22/payroll with all tax filings included. That turned out to be false - if you don't run any payrolls in a quarter, the cost for literally filing a bunch of $0s more than triples to $75.
Additionally, I initially liked what I thought was a straightforward and user-friendly interface. That also ended up being false, with the clunky functionality not allowing for granularity such specifying which filings to make in a quarter or personalizing reports.

Cons

It's incredibly clunky, unable to be personalized and reports seem designed to be confusing and not align with each other.
Want to specify that a tax filing not be made with one agency this quarter? Too bad; it's all or nothing.
Want to compare quarterly tax filings with payroll reports? Sorry; they're formatted completely differently and unable to be modified.
Want just a comprehensive year-end report? Sure, but that'll cost you upwards of $100.
Additionally, the reports failed to indicate my corporate FICA contributions, so I almost missed taking that substantial deduction.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Easy to check paystub and t4s

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

I am able to easily review my pay information each pay.

Pros

It is very easy to check my paystub each pay and see my pay information. I am also able to easily view my t4 for taxes.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about Wagepoint. We use it specifically for pay stubs and pay information so no complaints.

Gerry K.

Service Extraordinaire!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/11/04

The AWESOME support team provides answers almost instantaneously for any questions or concerns. This type of response and caring are beyond my wildest dreams. Very seldom have I had to wait beyond 24 hours for a response, which may ask for further clarification of the question or it could be the needed answer and action requirements are spelled out for dealing with the problem at hand.

Pros

Wagepoint is very user-friendly and intuitive.

Cons

Silly as it may sound.....the pulldown menus....not being able to use the "triangle" and having to just click into the box has played havoc with my mind. There used to be a "knowledgebase" where you could go and easily find a solution to your problem without having to overthink how I need to ask the question to get an answer, before having to send out a note to the support team. This has now gone by way of the dodo bird and quite honestly I feel it should be revived.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Gerry! Thanks so much for your positive review.

In relation to your concern about our knowledge base - we switched systems a few months back, so the KB is now housed at wagepoint.kayako.com. You'll be able to find all our updated articles there for your reference :)

We appreciate you being a customer and sharing your feedback! Please reach out if you have additional questions or recommendations.

Thanks again!
Erika

Virginia M.

Wagepoint Payroll System Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

Ive been using wagepoint for over 3 years and I love it and use it with all my clients that need payroll services

Pros

Ease of use and excellent customer service and price

Cons

Possibly the fact that I havent integrated it with QBO but I havent tried recently

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Virginia! Thanks so much for your review.

We're glad you're having a positive experience so far. If you're looking to integrate Wagepoint with your existing QBO account, you can follow our step-by-step guide to get yourself set up: https://wagepoint.kayako.com/article/58-quickbooks-online-integration

Hope this helps! Thanks again for being a customer with us :)
- Erika

Nancy A.

Ease of Use and Auto Run

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

We required an online solution for payroll to integrate with our cloud technology. Not being payroll specialist ourselves, we have found WagePoint support invaluable. Their response time and insight is amazing!!

Pros

We have found WagePoint software to be intuitive and easy to implement. Their auto-run feature is fantastic! Set it and forget it for salaried employess. This has been a huge time saver for us. We have only recommended WagePoint to our clients since our first introduction to them two years ago. WagePoint fits well in our cloud environment.

Cons

There has been no query that support has not been able to address and solve for us. Our payroll needs are not advanced and WagePoint has been able to meet all requirements. We really have no cons to mention.

Carleen V.

Great product!

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Pros

I really like the ease of setting up a payroll to run and how simple it is to pay hourly and salaried staff. Updating employee data is simple. I also like that a GL can be assigned to particular earnings or deductions. I also like getting the confirmation email after the payroll has been submitted as a peace of mind to know that it's been processed. Customer support, although only through email, is amazingly fast and often resolve an issue within two messages. Integration with other timesheet apps is easy and makes processing payroll that much faster. The online support documents are helpful when you need a high level or quick answer to a question.

Cons

I find the reporting is very limited - it would be nice to create a custom report with specific parameters, as well as a choice of output options on the report. Some reports are only available in a pdf format, which is not always the best option. I also find mapping the chart of accounts for accounting integration is difficult and it is almost impossible to find where an error is without involving assistance from Customer Service.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Celeste P.
Industry: Food & Beverages

This software will make your life so much easier!!!

Reviewed on 2016/07/25

Wagepoint is so easy to use! Friendly staff who will go above and beyond-- couldn't imagine doing payroll without them!

Pros

-Ease of use-- this software makes complete sense.
-Great staff with a fast response time.
-Love how staff can check their own paystubs and T4s on their own online account-- environmentally friendly and time-saving not having to print them each time!

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Celeste,

I'm so happy to hear that you love the app and our service. Amazing customers like you make it easy for us to go above and beyond :)

If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to us anytime. We're always here for you.

Leena Thampan
Head of Marketing & Customer Success

Shawna S.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Amazing Support

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Wagepoint support is AWESOME. They are quick to respond to my questions and needs, very helpful and knowledgeable, very thorough and honest in their answers, and so friendly! I would absolutely recommend this team to any small business owner, they are just wonderful.

Pros

Everything an employer needs for payroll
Set it up once, and it automatically handles payroll going forward
Changes are at your fingertips
Very reasonable fees compared to other payroll companies
Great communications regarding deadlines, changes with holiday paycheck timing, etc.

Cons

I don't know where to find everything in the software when I need to make a change - but that is only due to my lack of experience/training in the payroll process and infrequency using this product; this is where Wagepoint's wonderful support team comes in and talks me through, step by step, whatever I need.

Ayan A.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Assistance

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

The service when needed is extremely professional, helpful, and we are assisted in a timely manner. Anytime we have made mistakes we were assisted immediately and effectively. I appreciate greatly the service they provide and would recommend users to this software. It is very important to run a business efficiently and when you need help and have any concerns it makes our business run much more smoothly to have these tasks completed fast and correctly. The staff are extremely polite, understanding, helpful and ready to assist in any way which we value greatly.

Pros

Software is extremely easy to use and navigate.

Cons

I do not have any complaints on this product since I have used for the past year.

Susana P.

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Excellent customer service

Pros

Save time at calculating the holidays and issuing the Yearly reports to CRA

Cons

The communication is through email rather than phone

Response from Wagepoint

Thanks for your feedback, Susana. It's very much appreciated.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Crystal D.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Most User Friendly Payroll Company I've Used to date!

Reviewed on 2015/11/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The website is very easy to use both as administrator and an employee. I've used other payroll companies (Payworks & Ceridian) both as an administrator and an employee and found this very user friendly compared to other sites. Everything is very straightforward, explanatory and easy to find.

Cons

I have no complaints about Wagepoint to date. Everything on their website is very user friendly and easy to find. I haven't had to use customer service yet for anything however our administrator has and I know he's said they have been incredibly helpful any time he has required any help or had questions.

Craig M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

RUN RUN RUN AWAY

Reviewed on 2020/03/17

Terrible. Spend an extra 5-10 per month and go with a company that will actually help you out. I have done payroll for over 20 years. Ive done it by hand and have used other companies. I decided to try to save some money and went with wagepoint. BIG mistake and ended up costing me more. I had an issue on one of my end of year forms that needed to get fixed. simple fix. or should have been but getting a hold of someone that knew what needed to be done and then actually getting them to do it was a nightmare. On top of that they charged me $400 to have it done. Fine, I paid it. It was partially my fault. They were supposed to make all the corrections and make the corrections so it wouldnt happen again. NOPE!. Shame on me I continued to use them for the next year. Lo and behold the next year the same thing happens and then they want to charge me again to have it fixed when I already paid them to fix it the first time and they never made the changes. OMG I am fuming mad writing this review. They make me so angry, and I am not an angry person. PLEASE do yourself a favor and go with someone that will actually help you out and not try to rip you off and charge you twice for something.

Pros

price is the only good thing about their service. Despite the price I would never ever recommend this service to someone. The customer service TERRIBLE. Don't ever expect a phone call back.

Cons

Zip, zero, zilch customer service. The customer service terrible. The user interface is not very good either.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Craig,
First, let us apologize. Second, let me pass this directly to our head of support who will reach out to speak with you directly.
Michelle

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Popy D.

Love Wagepoint, makes my life so much easier!

Reviewed on 2016/07/26

I don't often write reviews but this software makes my life so much easier and they have the best customer service ever. We run a software company and they model the type of customer service every company should offer. They respond to our questions right away and go above and beyond. They are also readily accessible via telephone, any time. Even during 'off' hours, we'll get a response.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Popy,

Customers like you make all the difference, and we wouldn't have made it as far as we have without your support.

If you need anything at all, you know where to find me :)

Jeffrey I.

A Game Changer

Reviewed on 2016/07/25

We became wagepoint customers when I discovered I have no gift for running payroll and figuring out the various taxes my company is subject to. Wagepoint saved our bacon! Good folks with an incredibly easy product.

Pros

Super easy to use, superb customer service.

Cons

I've never had a problem since we've switched to Wagepoint.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Jeff,

I know you hear this a lot from our team, but we think you're pretty amazing yourself :)

Thanks for all your support, and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to us at anytime.

Peter P.
Industry: Retail

Ode to Joy

Reviewed on 2016/07/25

Ideal for small business; cost effective, easy to use, intuitive navigation, does not require any payroll experience, employee new hire and termination process is simplified, data entry is seamless, able to have hourly and salary employees on same account. Staff assisted with the initial set up to ensure I would have the right withholding, IRS and state document.

Pros

So easy. Almost too easy. I run payroll in less than 5 minutes. Entering employees is super easy. Intuitive navigation without a lot of excess fluff.

Cons

NA

Lindsay T.

Payroll support

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

We had an issue with the processing date for payroll this week. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the support team were fantastic helping us ensure the payroll went through on the correct date. It involved instructions and confirmations for a wire transfer, and they helped us through every step of the way, making sure we made the deadline to process.

Pros

The support team is always very helpful, and it is very user friendly.

Cons

Had some issue's last year with the end of the year processing T4's, an error in the software on Wagepoint side caused them to be closed early and we ended up having to do them by hand, as they could not fix the error.

Genice B.

Simplicity

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

I like that the software is User friendly software. The simplicity of the software makes payroll a cinch.

Cons

What I like least about the software is not being able to contact a person directly. Every business should give the customer an opportunity to speak directly to a person.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Genice,

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, at our current size, we don't have the ability to provide dedicated phone support. We have an answering service in place that ensures all customer calls are picked up and converted into support tickets.

That said, as our company grows, we will continue to focus on how we can improve the customer experience.

Industry: Internet

Amazing experience - great experience for mgm't and employees!

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

- simple, quick, easy to use
- great "bang for your buck"

Pros

- simple, straight-forward, easy to use
- clean interface
- easy for employees to login and see paystubs/pay history & change banking info

Cons

- no user levels - either employee or admin, without any options in between to enable "approval flows", etc.

Wagepoint

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

The most important that this app does what it was created for. Not all products actually deliver what was promised. No more headache with payroll. Great customer support helps you to stay on top.

Pros

It's simple. Simple to set up, start using. It took us quite a lot of time each month to deal with payroll. So far, happy with the solution Wagepoint product provides.

Cons

Happy with the product. I could probably benefit from a few more integrations.

Chris N.
Industry: Financial Services

Overall Wagepoint customer service has been top notch!

Reviewed on 2017/08/16

Pros

The software is easy to use, but having someone as knowledgeable and approachable as Darlene supporting it makes all of the difference. Of all of our Firm's vendors, I know I can count on Wagepoint support/Darlene to quickly and painlessly help us solve our issues.

Cons

Wagepoint needs to add an automatic e-mail function that advises the user they have successfully submitted payroll (yes, there is a screen that appears immediately after submission, but it would be better if there was an e-mail for my records confirming that you have received my request to process payroll).

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us :)

A confirmation email is a great idea, and it should be fairly straightforward to implement. I'll be sure to pass this along to our dev team.

Kimberly L.
Industry: Management Consulting

New Wagepoint Customer

Reviewed on 2019/02/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

1. I’ve owned and managed 2 small businesses for over 10 years now. I’ve processed my payroll without issue for all 10 years. When Xero insisted that we select a payroll provider I evaluated the options and selected WagePoint. The sales team was responsive and scheduled an initial onboarding call with me promptly. We initially had some issues with the integration but were able to work things out. I also had an issue with the midyear taxes and returns but the team was very responsive. Overall I’m pleased with my choice.

Pros

easy to navigate - reports are straightforward. Tax reporting appears to be set up and operational.

Cons

Very difficult to access a real human after onboarding. I wish we had more help mapping accounts between Xero and Wagepoint. They outsource the tax reporting so lead time is longer than other options.

Marie-eve L.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Very satisfied with the service

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Pros

Costumer service is quick
Installation was easy
Front-end very user-friendly

Cons

Not available in French.
Can't find anything else at the moment.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Marie-Eve,
Thank you for the constructive and enthusiastic review.
All the best,
Michelle

Genice B.
Industry: Consumer Services

My experience has been great. Quick responses to my questions

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/06/28

Proper and timely payroll. I plug in the hours and the software does the work

Pros

That the software is very User friendly. Every component is straight forward, no guess work involved. I love the promptness of customer service whenever I have questions

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Genice,

Thank you for your kind feedback, and we also appreciate you taking the time to share this review. We will do our best to continue providing the level of service that you have come to expect from us.

Ricky P.
Industry: Accounting

Good option for online payroll

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Pros

Decent piece of software if you are looking to complete your payroll online, very good features and nice support to help if you get stuck

Cons

Much rather have this payroll as part of my accounting system like Xero which includes payroll. Also price is per payroll rather than per month and i find this not as flexible.

Response from Wagepoint

Thanks for the feedback, Ricky.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Nikita K.
Industry: Hospitality

We love Wagepoint!

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

Pros

We find the software to be so efficient and user friendly - it has cut down our processing time!

Cons

We enjoy using Wagepoint thoroughly, the only thing is the short time frames over public holidays ie. we have to close the pay period prior to it actually ending