Kanbanery Reviews

Kanbanery

Visual Project Management Software Tool

5/5 (10 reviews)

My tool of choice for managing agile software development

Reviewed on 1/23/2018

Kanbanery helps us manage complex agile development projects with our team and clients with ease and enjoyment. Using it is never a chore and any other similar tool would truly be a hinderance to our workflow in comparison.

Pros

Out of of all the agile project management tools out there, Kanbanery provides what I consider to be the best UI that is kept clean while still allowing for the most important features that an agile project manager needs. Simple features like column limits as well as custom task types and task estimate levels allow us to customize our board to fit our specific workflow. Putting these settings into a workspace allows us to start a new project with the exact columns and workflow style that we need instantly. Other tools we've tried were either too simple or they were complex and not enjoyable for a team to use. Kanbanery has just the right amount of features for our use, and any of the features we do not need, are inconspicuous and not in our way.

Cons

I would like to see further updates to the mobile app. It was refreshed not to long ago, but I still don't feel that the mobile app is to the point that I can easily organize and track information on a large board. The majority of my time I don't need a mobile app, but I have found a few times in discussion where I wished I could check something a bit easier without having a computer nearby, and while the mobile app allows that, it doesn't feel as easy as I would prefer. My only issue with the current webapp UI is how much space the top menu takes up on screen, but we were able to make this fit for us by adjusting the menu using the custom CSS feature. All this being said, I am being very picky here, and if nothing changed with this software over the next 5 years I would still be using Kanbanery daily.

Easy & Powerful

Reviewed on 8/29/2016

I use Kanbanery to organize my professional & private work on a daily basis. It let's me to work smarter, not harder. The power of Kanbanery is in its simplicity. It lets me to keep my projects in one place and cooperate with my team and family.

Pros

I realy like chat or reports that shows how my progress looks like & how to estimate tasks :)

Great for any size team

Reviewed on 10/7/2015
Review Source

I used this at home for years before my company finally adopted it. It's just as useful for big software projects as it was for organizing homework when I was in school and general stuff and client work in my personal life. The team loves it because it's easy to use and gives us all the clarity we need to just get to work and get things done. It has none of the overhead of other project mangement tools.

Pros

Great user experience, clean UI, lots of hidden, powerful features.

Cons

It doesn't work as well as I'd like on my iPad, but the iOS app kind of makes up for that.

The best project management tool I've ever used with my design and software teams

Reviewed on 1/20/2015

We've been through quite a few task management tools over the years and Kanbanery is, hands-down, the best I've ever seen. I'm a UX professional, so good design and ease of use are important to me. That's one of the biggest challenges for project management software. Kanbanery manages to create a great user experience which is easy to learn and yet keeps surprising me with the range of features that seem to appear just when I need them, and only when I need them. Collaboration among multiple teams and our clients has become smooth and seamless. I highly recommend Kanbanery.

Rating only

Reviewed on 9/11/2015
Review Source

Used it to build my startup, and now we use it for customer service, too.

Reviewed on 1/20/2015

I used Kanbanery to manage a remote offshore team for over a year, and now that we're live, we're using it to coordinate customer support over three locations. It's great to have one board with all the support tickets, statuses, comments, and attachments. When one team goes to sleep, a team in another time zone can easily pick up where they left off, giving us 24/7 support.

The best one I've ever used!

Reviewed on 2/5/2015

After using many management tools in my career (Jira, doh!) I've finally found Kanbanery. It's the easiest to use and best looking one I've ever used. My team also loves it and it's the tool that I'd recommend to everyone - I think it's free for personal use. Their customer support is also impressive.

Easy to use, but powerful

Reviewed on 1/13/2014
Review Source

Kanbanery has all the features you'd expect from a visual management tool for people using Kanban, but you don't have to use them and they're nicely tucked away until you need them.

Pros

Great pricing, easy to use.

Cons

You can't make very complex board designs.

Good for freelancers

Reviewed on 2/13/2015

I use this with all my clients so they can see what I'm working on and comment ideas and tasks. It really helps to make them feel more comfortable with the process, since they can log in at any time and see exactly what the status of their job is.

Great for remote teams

Reviewed on 1/24/2015

Lunar Logic uses Kanbanery for almost all of its projects to coordinate with remote clients and team members.