Kanban Tool

Kanban Software for Visual Project and Process Management

Casmin G.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great tool for productivity.

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Improved efficiency and team output.

Pros

It's a great tool to improve team productivity. Whether you're in software development, sales, or marketing, it's awesome. You can easily view everyone's tasks on one board and then assign new ones, rate tasks based on difficulty and time needed, set deadlines, and more.

Cons

It is the best tool for project tracking and staying on task and productive. The only little complaint I have is that unless you log in, you can't easily see all the changes that have been made.

Larry P.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Podcast Kanban

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

As a podcast host I have to organize guests, recording dates, supporters, releases, etc. Kanban Tool has streamlined my day to day tasks and makes it easy to see what stage I'm in with each task.

Pros

I am by nature not a well organized person. Ideas swirl around my head just like the scraps of paper with tasks and information on my desk or floor. My wife told me about the kanban idea and I searched online and found Kanban Tool. The first week I used it was by far the most productive week I've had in modern history. Super easy to use. Very intuitive for even the most basic user.

Cons

At this point I am still exploring the software and have not found a weakness.

Ryan D.

Flexible, Intuitive Time and Task Management

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

I was recently on the hunt for a task management tool that I could run separate from the commercial products used at my workplace. This would allow me to add in personal tasks and lower level tasks that weren't appropriate to track in the enterprise boards I was a part of.

I came upon Kanban Tool and was immediately impressed by the set up options; At a basic level, you already have access to basic, time and event driven Kanban boards, as well as several types of team boards for collaboration. From there, you can further customize the columns, number of lanes, and functions. You can import and export tasks through .csv and and calendar, making everything portable.

In practice, I was impressed with the simplicity of the cards on the board. They can be created by color, helpful when trying to manage a bunch of different workflows like I am. At a glance, I can also see the priority, days until due (or past due days!), and the number of sub-tasks within a card. That's right - You can set up checklists WITHIN the card, which is hugely useful. If you like to have a card for each subtask, you can do that to, and mark subsequent tasks as blocked until the subtask is complete. I also enabled a cool extra that causes cards to "fade" over time, giving another visual cue to things that aren't getting done.

Time tracking for each task was a bit of a revelation. Once I got in the habit of shifting every task I was working (The timer starts as soon as you put it in the "in progress" zone), I got really good info on what type of tasks were chewing up time, and even on the fact that I was working on a lot of things throughout the day that I didn't think to track.

Finally, Kanban Tool offers what they call "Power-ups", which are basically plugins. The ones I have been really excited about are the ability to attach files to Dropbox or Onedrive, a custom Chromecast feature that allows the board to be cast up to a TV (Great for my family chore board in particular!), and one that allows you to manipulate checklists without opening cards.

In the end, the only real niggle I had with the product was that while I can manually arrange cards in the To Do area (I use multiple swim lanes), one lane can't be longer than the others.

I am an enthusiastic product researcher, so I was a bit surprised when my productivity management hunt just lost steam after starting with Kanban Tool. For flexibility and daily use, I couldn't ask for more.

Pros

Flexibility, extensibility, intuitive interface.

Cons

Not being able to fully manually arrange to do items.

Miguel G.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

A Kanban board that caters to any needs

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Kanban Tool is truly one of the best Kanban applications I have seen. It is definitely a Kanban purist, providing functionality beyond simple boards with drag and drop functionality. It provides plenty of features to make this a very functional application for environments who truly embrace the use of Kanban boards. The UI is simple and clean... nothing fancy, just pure functionality.

Pros

Kanban Tool offers true kanban board functionality with an amazing number of features and customization abilities not found in other Kanban products. Kanban Tool lets you create Kanban boards of any size and style. Start with a default simple board and expand columns and swimlanes as needed. Customize the cards by various types, as well as customize the fields you wish to display. Kanban Tool starts with 11 fields and lets you add another 15 custom fields. Reconfigure your board and choose from about 2 dozen power up apps to make your experience better.

Cons

Kanban Tool avoided the eye candy most other developers often rely on to bring customers on-board. They left well enough alone. No fancy UI's, just truly functional product. In hind-sight, this is not necessarily a CON, but thought it deserved to be mentioned.

• Industry: Automotive

Very efficient

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

Kanban tool does what it claims to be best at facilitating smooth team collaboration in an easy, no-nonsense way. Love the new design they've brought out, love the ease of creating new projects, love the maintenance-free time tracking, love their quick support team.

Pros

This is probably one of the 3 easiest to get to know applications I have come across.

Cons

Not the best mobile support, I'm afraid.

Simone F.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Effective tool to master your personal and team productivity

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

The overall experience is fantastic because you can take note of every activity and make it done for sure!
Also it's funny to move cards and customize their colour, the visual impact is actually helping your work.
Finally a word must be said on Support Service: they are very professional!

Pros

The flexibility in task organisation, swim lanes are fantastic to group related tasks.
The possibility to add details, files, checklists, is great!
Also remainders and priority&due dates are very useful.

Cons

The software is free only for 2 users, this limitation is quite strict.

Marie kris S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Easy to Manage Tool

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

I like this tool in managing and deliberations of task to my team. I can easily organized the activities and monitor their work.

Cons

So far I have no negative experienced in this software. The functions and features are very great and easy to use.

• Industry: Automotive

We love Kanban Tool

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

We're able to easily manage complex projects. The add-ons give it additional functionality that comes in handy, and we can add anything we need ourselves.

Felix K.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Looking for a smart way to get away from sticky notes?

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

I use this tool to organize all tasks within our little two person department. I started some weeks ago because I had so many notes in my paper organizer, in Outlook and sticky notes. It takes only minutes to setup and create tasks in Kanban. Since this day my colleague and I are using it every day and can see efficiency increasing already. For our needs a very well developed solution. Thank you.

Pros

Create your "first" draft within minutes
Even free version offers a huge range of useful add-ons to manage your tasks
You can customize almost everything to your needs

Cons

If you are looking for a simple cloud based tool to get rid of your paper notes and Outlook notifications there are no cons in my opinion.

Jenna M.

This tool is very useful in keeping my to do list organized, tracking my time & reporting on...

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

I find this tool to be extremely useful. Before using Kanban Tool, my Account Management team has been keeping time sheets that I built in Excel so that we could report on how we spend our time. My department is focused on finding as many efficiencies as possible in how we operate internally and support our clients so that our value can scale as much as possible. Kanban Tool is one of those major efficiencies!

Cons

So far, I haven't seen anything I don't like. I am curious to learn about all of the features to be sure my team is leveraging the tool to its fullest potential!

Gabrielle C.

We were looking for a good project management system, after trying others, this one is...

Reviewed on 2017/07/28

Pros

I can manage a lot of tasksfrom a long period of time in the same page. The filter is working very well. The automatic Checklist helps me to not forgot any recurant tasks.

Cons

There is no available setting for a target column related to due date.
The calendar on the right is small, it would be usefull to be able to open it in another window.

Very helpful indeed

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

We've been using the app to manage the cooperation with some overseas contractors, and it proved a lifesaver. Such a reduction of communication time and lag, far less misunderstandings and quicker results altogether. Since then, we've never stopped using KanbanTool, even though it's just the local team at the moment. Still increases productivity greatly and keeps things in order.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to get started, nice, clear UI, great optional features.

Olson

Enhanced workflow visibility

Reviewed on 2013/11/04

Kanban Tool has greatly improved workflow visibility within our company. No more emails being sent around asking who's working on what. It's affordable and useful. So I would recommend this for anyone that needs it.

Pros

Easy to learn: tutorial, user manual
Simple design
Drag & drop
Easy customization: power ups

Susan

Improved customer satisfaction

Reviewed on 2014/03/14

With a Kanban Tool we are able to deliver complete products in a timely manner.

Pros

- collaboration
- adding attachments from Dropbox
- clear design

Cons

- no iOS app

• Industry: Telecommunications

Agile management made simple

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Pros

Lets you track a kanban board as if you were posting real sticky notes

Cons

it is really simple, multiplatform and has a free version. Have no cons, but the only con would be adapting people to work with Kanban boards

Justyna L.

Better collaboration

Reviewed on 2014/04/04

Simple way to organize tasks and co-work with colleagues by sharing comments and documents.

Pros

- sharing comments
- sharing documents
- intuitive interface

Sandra

It helps me to organize

Reviewed on 2013/10/15

Thanks to Kanban Tool I can finally organize my personal and business life. Very easy to learn and use. I like the Android app too.

Pros

- easy to use
- android app

Edgar R.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A great jump for Kanban boards online

Reviewed on 2021/03/01

Using the trial version lets you play around with all the features for 15 days, plus someone from Kanban Tool's team wrote to me to be by my side in case I needed some guidance. Multi-language support is also available and cross app implementation (including a mobile version for Android an iOS) makes it a very rich and powerful tool.

Pros

Implementing Kanban boards on any industry not only helps improving time, resources and making life easier... If you know how to implement them. It's not that troublesome and thats what is great about this tool, finally a version online that is easily editable and adapted to your project needs is at your fingertips. No wonder why so many great companies are among their clients.

Cons

It's a little pricey for the small project manager but for bigger and more ambitious managers is this worth every penny.

Manuel T.

A Must Have Low Cost and Extremely Intuitive Tool To Have

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

This has been a must have tool for me to organize everything I need to do. Without it, I would be incapable of getting anything done.

Pros

This tool is easy to use and doesn't require any training. The low cost is definitely a plus.

Cons

It isn't extremely sophisticated but I wasn't looking for anything like that anyways so I don't really see that as a negative.

Ariel M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great if you want to go agile

Reviewed on 2016/06/05

I have been using KT for over a year. I learned about it in my former company. We used it for project management and managing remote team. The best thing about it is that you can adapt it to your needs and create a perfect board for your work. It is not only about simple Kanban boards. The possibilities are endless. I also like the fact that KT offers very detailed and elaborated statistics and analytics. You can easily share files via KT and synchronize it with dozens of other applications.
Now I use it only for me. It is also suitable for personal use. KT is all about elasticity and personalization.
I hope my company will introduce it in the future.

Pros

-integrations
-time tracking
-power ups

Cons

-app only for Android

Sorin A.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Really good. Simple and useful

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Pros

I can have 2 panels for work and personal tasks
I have an app on my phone and as well a web version I can use from my pc

Cons

I don't know how to remove items automatically from Done column after a period of time. I need to archive each of them. The Done column becomes too big after a while.

Response from Shore Labs

Sorin, glad to see you're enjoying the service.
We recommend using the "archive all" option for the Done column - it is available under a right-click menu on the column header.

Todd M.
  • Industry: Insurance

The only online kanban tool that checks off all the boxes

Reviewed on 2017/06/14

We got our project requirements and tasks under control quickly and allowed several stakeholders to "get on the same page" easily, streamlining communication and nailing down requirements.
It's hard to imagine what this tool does not have. You can customize fields. Maybe customized reports? I don't know. It seems pretty complete to me. You can really hit the ground running with this tool AND it lets you import your items from Excel or other sources.

Pros

This software actually gives you columns AND swimlanes. You'll notice almost all of the competitors do not give you that. Managing items is simple as drag and drop, click and type. The online collaboration piece is solid and administration is a no brainer.

Adriano R.

kanban tool great option

Reviewed on 2021/04/08

easy access to work options and practical application in production processes.

Pros

good product, easy to use and practical application, streamlines and standardizes organizational processes.

Cons

nothing relevant to the point of being mentioned

Mohammad N.

Use Kanban Tool to assign tasks

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

Pros

- Easy to use,
- add checklist feature,
- Priority per task feature,

Cons

So fare I use most of Kanban Tool features and it seems good enough, but if the team can made a feature by link color feature with Priority feature it will be better,
Sample,

For any task with high priority high , Red color will be linked to it automatically "it will be custom per priority per color"

Response from Shore Labs

Hi Mohammad,
please note, it's already possible to automate task color selection to be based on chosen priority, with Process Automation:
Thank you for the feedback!

Keshia B.

Great visual project management tool

Reviewed on 2017/12/27

Pros

This tool is very easy to use. With working on a team we could see where we were at with our projects.

Cons

I felt that this tool was very elementary for what my team and I were looking for. We tried this product out but ended up going for something more as we needed to share documents and such.

Response from Shore Labs

Please note, Kanban Tool does support various file hosting services integration, namely: Google Drive, Box, Dropbox & OneDrive. Also, direct file attachments are available in Team and Enterprise plans.