smartQ

Web-based Project Management & Collaboration Software.

4,5
Mike M.
Industry: Research

Great Basic Drag n Drop Workflow

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

The product is an invaluable tool if you have a production type workflow and want to keep track of orders. Customer support is iffy, lots of overlapping tickets and unskilled staff. File uploads (where you need to upload a file to a ticket) is a little borked, but overall, for what you pay it's great value. It feels a little bit of abandon ware, except for the occassional marketing blitz.

Pros

Simple, elegant user interface, easy to configure basic drag and drop workflows.

Cons

File Upload is a pain - it's done in the 1980's way - you have to upload the file, wait, and then press submit. If you forget to press submit you lose your file. The amount of cloud storage is ridiculously small for what you pay. The Android app took years to come to market and is extremely basic and has no offline mode and is just a really cheap, quick portal.

Alejandro G.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

The Great Ops Manager

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

I needed a solution for my daily project tracking that was easy for everyone at the office to use it. We are all enjoying it, and happy since now we can have a nice visual of what is happening at the business on real time.

Pros

The visual is by far the most likeable feature. It lets you see the actual status of all projects (presents and futures)

Cons

The only con is that the archived projects are not easy to duplicate. You can, but it is not as easy as all the additional functions the software has.

Response from Disarea

Thank you for your review.

Actually, duplicating a project is very easy - when creating a new project, you can copy all settings from another existing project, even its tickets:

There are more ways to do it, like using import from CSV file, but this one is the easiest and just takes a few clicks.

Please email our support directly if you are having issues with it, and we will address it ASAP.

Scott E.
Industry: Education Management

Work in progress

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

It's a work in progress. We didn't have a good experience, because the software didn't meet our needs in order to efficiently complete all projects with ease.

Pros

Basic needs of project management software.

Cons

The Interface is horrible, hard to look at, stuck 20 years ago. It didn't meet our needs for completing our projects with ease.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Robert C.

No-brainer for project/task management

Reviewed on 2020/10/05

A+++

Pros

Everyone on my staff uses this and it has become the basis for our weekly 1-1s. Its an ideal tool to track the status of every project someone is working on and you can either go high-level or dig into the details.

Cons

Zero complaints. We have used this software for 5+ years and everyone on the team loves it.

Stephanie D.
Industry: Insurance

Great to use but need some improvement

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Overall it satisfy our company needs and easily to understand how it works, some improvement might be needed in order to give more efficient ways for client to use it.

Pros

easily to understand its function, easily to implement and customize the outlook and feature we want.

Cons

After the update, ticket turn red if pass 'require by date', however it won't turn it back even i change/update require by date to a future date, every time need to manually adjust it.

Response from Disarea

Stephanie,

The coloring on overdue tickets in red happens because of Automation - that is the default Rule:

You can pause this Rule or Delete it.

Also, you can modify multiple tickets at the same time. including changing the color:

But, in your case, if you open the ticket to edit its deadline, on the same screen you can change the color - the color box is to the right of the ticket name on the top.

We hope this info helps.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Easy to use project management tool

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Pros

It is simple and easy to use. When I was looking for a tool for project management, I wanted it to make sure project management didn't become my full time job. This helps keeps projects organized without a ton of hassle.

Cons

It is a bit limited for exporting and chatting.

Response from Disarea

Thank you for your review.

Please use the General Report - it exports data to CSV and Excel.

Do you want to see a chat app inside smartQ?

You can email our support if you are having issues with export or have suggestions about the chat.

Industry: Wine & Spirits

Excellent Organizational Tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

I'm using my client's version of SmartQ to work with them on email deployment services. I love the ease of use and that it keeps me organized. It's so easy to log in each day and see what's assigned to me or what's coming down the line.

Pros

The dashboard view. I love that you can set up different categories and easily drag a ticket from one to the other.

Cons

Response from Disarea

"That when you reply to an email you received it doesn't lay it out in an easy to see way in the platform ticket."

Could you evaluate on this please? Just email support [at] getsmartQ.com.

- smartQ Team

Sydney T.
Industry: Wine & Spirits

Straightforward and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Pros

The user interface is straightforward and makes it easy to get a bird's eye view of all of our projects, and filter by status or project type. The comments on each ticket are easy to use and make communicating with team members easy.

Cons

There are frequently issues/delays in uploading large files to tickets, sometimes with the request timing out before the upload is completed, forcing me to start over several times uploading design documents or photos.

Response from Disarea

Please email us at support [at] getsmartQ.com so we can look into your issues with uploading large files.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jeff L.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Best product for the price

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

All positive. With the ability to customize and the introduction of new features and expanded capabilities, the software has allowed us to scale our operations, improve efficiency and meet customer demands for compliance.

Pros

Ability to customize, layout, ability to export for reporting integration. Simple and powerful.

Cons

There is no deficiencies with this software

Tom B.
Industry: Textiles

Simple but Powerful

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

We have used this product for over two years it has allowed us to visually manages some processes and improved our response time for our customers.

Pros

The queues are simple to use.
Short learning curve.
Good reporting

Cons

Access for External users is limited and not a versatile as I had hoped.

Serena G.
Industry: Computer Software

Great tool we have used it for years.

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

The support for this tool is very good. The help desk is responsible and fast to address a question or concern. We have considered replacing it with other tools with more features and our users have had drastic reactions that they love it and don't want another tool. That is the best praise any software can get.

Pros

This software is economical, it is easy to use and setup. We use it for many things in our organization including tracking request from external parties. We also track cross-department internal workflow using the tool. The best features are the ability to set up your own workflow, the ability to create tickets via an external e-mail and the ability to get alerts when a ticket is edited or reaches a stage in the workflow. Color coding of tickets has also been helpful to visually categorize tickets.

Cons

The only downfall for our use is that all incoming tickets not created within the software have to come into the same project. Having rule bases filters that allow the tickets to get separated when received would make this a better product.

Response from Disarea

We already added the possibility to post tickets via email into any project:

-smartQ Team

Tracy T.
Industry: Graphic Design

smartQ is an Easy, Efficient Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

My overall experience with smartQ has been wonderful. I'm not sure how I'd ever get my work done without it. We juggle so many projects at one time, it is really hard to keep track of stuff and smartQ just takes all that hard work out of my hands. The customer service has been great as well. I've actually seen my suggestions made - and quick too! It's very cool to know that they truly listen to feedback - makes me feel like part of their team!

Pros

I love that smartQ makes tracking projects a breeze. From creating the ticket, to archiving the ticket, everything is meant to be easy and efficient. We're able to keep track of notes for each project, and if a few years go by and we need to pull up a project again, we can find it in a few seconds in the archives. Then...voila! There are all our notes, and even times/dates of when things took place.

Cons

I think the ONLY thing I don't like is that the "upd" tag that comes on when a ticket is updated, never goes away unless you click on the ticket again. I think that is great if you're NOT the one who made the update. But if you're the one who updated it, I think that it would be much better if it went away in a few hours, or something. That's my only complaint though!

Anthony L.
Industry: Machinery

Customer for over 4 years.

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

It's improved our quality of life at work vastly, I definitely recommend this product to everyone I come across if they're looking for a solution to improve efficiency and quality of work overall. We had paper lists everywhere for work orders and Smart Q eliminates that by allowing you to create a work order section and other variances for work related items. We have an open orders section, an RMA section, and a needed parts section.

Pros

I like the ability to add your own options and to have it accessible through multiple accounts on multiple machines. Eliminates paper trails when it comes to manufacturing and ensures quality as long as the proper information is entered.

Cons

The report features could be improved with more available options to change and download a custom report.

Allison B.
Industry: Chemicals

Simple, easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

Easy functionality, easy to use. Simple and basic, doesn't have any exciting features but gets the job done.

Pros

Easy way to track your work. Customizable to track steps as you see fit and relevant. Overall metrics help you report standard timing.

Cons

Not able to drag files into the ticket like a folder. Tags are hard to control and keep consistent since you can add them on the fly, duplicates can occur.

Response from Disarea

Thank you for your feedback.

You can drag files into notes in the ticket window... But we will look into dragging files into tickets on the Board View.

When adding tags to tickets, there is a dropdown as you type, with matching tags suggestion... and also there is a "+" button on the right to select from existing tags. You can also delete duplicate tags via tags management window (same where you set their colors).

- smartQ Team

Tony S.
Industry: Human Resources

SmartQ User Experience

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Overall, I've never experienced any major issues with smartQ! It makes my day-to-day tasks much easier just from looking at the home page. I would recommend smartQ for all project teams needing to implement a visualization/work-flow.

Pros

It has an easy and user-friendly interface with drag and drop features so that tickets can be easily tracked. I also like how we receive email notifications with the URL links. It makes it easier to navigate to the tickets and read through the comments.

Cons

When we (the administrators) manually create tickets for a requestor, it does not send automatic email notifications to the intended recipient. Rather, we have to send the email via Outlook, and have to make sure to attach the emails to the ticket for auditing purposes.

Grace C.
Industry: Religious Institutions

So-so project management software

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

SmartQ works well enough, and it has handy features like automated emails when a project is assigned to you. But it's just not as powerful as some other software out there for our purposes. I will give a shout-out to their customer service, though! They've always responded quickly and personally to me, even preserving a particular feature that our team used while it was being phased out.

Pros

It keeps most of our projects organized in one place.

Cons

There aren't enough integrations with other applications we use, and SmartQ isn't as flexible as something like Notion or Airtable for the specific ways our team would like to organize our projects.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Jeff L.

Exceptional Product and Exceptional Value

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

The software is essential for organizing and working our development tickets. We have been able to customize it to adapt to our constantly evolving processes and controls.

Pros

Ease of use and customization. Drag and drop interface. Email notifications. Intuitive visual layout.

Cons

Limited archiving capabilities. Limited flexibility to delete or change certain components of tickets. However the product is constantly evolving to improve and mitigate the challenges.

Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great affordable tool for project management across teams

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

We use SmartQ for internal project requests and troubleshooting for managing our SaaS integrations. Different team members across the organization are able to submit a request for projects to execute or things to look into and troubleshoot. From here, they're able to see the status of the project/request based off where the ticket is positioned in the "Queue".

Pros

I learned/used SmartQ in less than an hour - it is highly customizable to fit your team's need/use. You can add as many required fields as you need on a ticket submission, and you can grant access to people across different teams. It's really common-sense to use.

Cons

I think the design/user interface can use a face-lift... but honestly don't think it matters that much - it works well for what it's inteded for.

Veronica M.

SmartQ Use Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Pros

It's quick and easy to use. The features of moving tickets (and assigning them) is useful for my daily work functions. It's also easy to see what exactly I have on my plate and helps keep me organized.

Cons

There are times that the 'email from ticket' function doesn't always work. Luckily, this doesn't set me back much but it is something I noticed.

Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Detailed to-do list at your fingertips!

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Pros

SmartQ has been a lifesaver when it comes to organizing all project requests and status. I love being able to have everything in one spot with ALL the details I need. And it has significantly reduced the number of emails in my inbox. I also like having the archives.

Cons

I do not like how the tickets go to "red" when the due date has been extended. Makes me feel like the ticket is still overdue but it's not.

Industry: Hospitality

Get's the job done

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Get's the job done, It's something we use everyday but would like to see new features introduced. Improvements to be made in the mobile app would be good.

Pros

The opportunity to have your jobs listed out, all in one place, simplifies workflow for the team

Cons

There is a lack of features that enhance the workflow, make things easier, the App does not seem to do as good a job as when using it on a desktop. App should have either more features or at least match the features.

Response from Disarea

What features do you want to see on iOS/Android apps? If you are using the tablet - you can just use the full version in the browser...

- smartQ Team

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Christina T.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Responsive

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Pros

We were able to personalize the software to our workflow, and SmartQ responds to feedback and has added functionality that we have asked for.

Cons

When staff leave and we change their account, all their notes become anonymous.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Greg C.
Industry: Construction

4 Years and Counting

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Have been using it since 2015 and am very pleased. Keeps track of all three of the divisions in my company with the ability to interchange with a click of a button.

Pros

Adaptability, drag and drop, colors, work flow

Cons

Did not integrate easily with google calendar

Wyatt G.
Industry: Design

SmartQ is the way to go!

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Pros

I like the overall organization of this software, very helpful when it comes to organizing jobs, new and old.

Cons

The mobile app took awhile to make it to Androids.

Angelo N.

Easy to use software

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

Pros

User friendly it makes my job easy. i have all my work at the touch of my finger

Cons

i have nothing negative to say about this