smartQ Reviews

smartQ

Workflow visualization, agile project management, task tracking and team collaboration app

4.6/5 (47 reviews)

Great tool we have used it for years.

Reviewed on 2/20/2019

The support for this tool is very good. The help desk is responsible and fast to address a question or concern. We have considered replacing it with other tools with more features and our users have had drastic reactions that they love it and don't want another tool. That is the best praise any software can get.

Pros

This software is economical, it is easy to use and setup. We use it for many things in our organization including tracking request from external parties. We also track cross-department internal workflow using the tool. The best features are the ability to set up your own workflow, the ability to create tickets via an external e-mail and the ability to get alerts when a ticket is edited or reaches a stage in the workflow. Color coding of tickets has also been helpful to visually categorize tickets.

Cons

The only downfall for our use is that all incoming tickets not created within the software have to come into the same project. Having rule bases filters that allow the tickets to get separated when received would make this a better product.

Response from Disarea

We already added the possibility to post tickets via email into any project:

smartQ is an Easy, Efficient Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2/20/2019

My overall experience with smartQ has been wonderful. I'm not sure how I'd ever get my work done without it. We juggle so many projects at one time, it is really hard to keep track of stuff and smartQ just takes all that hard work out of my hands. The customer service has been great as well. I've actually seen my suggestions made - and quick too! It's very cool to know that they truly listen to feedback - makes me feel like part of their team!

Pros

I love that smartQ makes tracking projects a breeze. From creating the ticket, to archiving the ticket, everything is meant to be easy and efficient. We're able to keep track of notes for each project, and if a few years go by and we need to pull up a project again, we can find it in a few seconds in the archives. Then...voila! There are all our notes, and even times/dates of when things took place.

Cons

I think the ONLY thing I don't like is that the "upd" tag that comes on when a ticket is updated, never goes away unless you click on the ticket again. I think that is great if you're NOT the one who made the update. But if you're the one who updated it, I think that it would be much better if it went away in a few hours, or something. That's my only complaint though!

Customer for over 4 years.

Reviewed on 2/20/2019

It's improved our quality of life at work vastly, I definitely recommend this product to everyone I come across if they're looking for a solution to improve efficiency and quality of work overall. We had paper lists everywhere for work orders and Smart Q eliminates that by allowing you to create a work order section and other variances for work related items. We have an open orders section, an RMA section, and a needed parts section.

Pros

I like the ability to add your own options and to have it accessible through multiple accounts on multiple machines. Eliminates paper trails when it comes to manufacturing and ensures quality as long as the proper information is entered.

Cons

The report features could be improved with more available options to change and download a custom report.

SmartQ User Experience

Reviewed on 2/19/2019

Overall, I've never experienced any major issues with smartQ! It makes my day-to-day tasks much easier just from looking at the home page. I would recommend smartQ for all project teams needing to implement a visualization/work-flow.

Pros

It has an easy and user-friendly interface with drag and drop features so that tickets can be easily tracked. I also like how we receive email notifications with the URL links. It makes it easier to navigate to the tickets and read through the comments.

Cons

When we (the administrators) manually create tickets for a requestor, it does not send automatic email notifications to the intended recipient. Rather, we have to send the email via Outlook, and have to make sure to attach the emails to the ticket for auditing purposes.

So-so project management software

Reviewed on 2/20/2019

SmartQ works well enough, and it has handy features like automated emails when a project is assigned to you. But it's just not as powerful as some other software out there for our purposes. I will give a shout-out to their customer service, though! They've always responded quickly and personally to me, even preserving a particular feature that our team used while it was being phased out.

Pros

It keeps most of our projects organized in one place.

Cons

There aren't enough integrations with other applications we use, and SmartQ isn't as flexible as something like Notion or Airtable for the specific ways our team would like to organize our projects.

4.0/10

Excellent Organizational Tool

Reviewed on 2/19/2019

I'm using my client's version of SmartQ to work with them on email deployment services. I love the ease of use and that it keeps me organized. It's so easy to log in each day and see what's assigned to me or what's coming down the line.

Pros

The dashboard view. I love that you can set up different categories and easily drag a ticket from one to the other.

Cons

Response from Disarea

"That when you reply to an email you received it doesn't lay it out in an easy to see way in the platform ticket."

Could you evaluate on this please? Just email support [at] getsmartQ.com.

- smartQ Team

Great Basic Drag n Drop Workflow

Reviewed on 2/19/2019

The product is an invaluable tool if you have a production type workflow and want to keep track of orders. Customer support is iffy, lots of overlapping tickets and unskilled staff. File uploads (where you need to upload a file to a ticket) is a little borked, but overall, for what you pay it's great value. It feels a little bit of abandon ware, except for the occassional marketing blitz.

Pros

Simple, elegant user interface, easy to configure basic drag and drop workflows.

Cons

File Upload is a pain - it's done in the 1980's way - you have to upload the file, wait, and then press submit. If you forget to press submit you lose your file. The amount of cloud storage is ridiculously small for what you pay. The Android app took years to come to market and is extremely basic and has no offline mode and is just a really cheap, quick portal.

Great affordable tool for project management across teams

Reviewed on 2/19/2019

We use SmartQ for internal project requests and troubleshooting for managing our SaaS integrations. Different team members across the organization are able to submit a request for projects to execute or things to look into and troubleshoot. From here, they're able to see the status of the project/request based off where the ticket is positioned in the "Queue".

Pros

I learned/used SmartQ in less than an hour - it is highly customizable to fit your team's need/use. You can add as many required fields as you need on a ticket submission, and you can grant access to people across different teams. It's really common-sense to use.

Cons

I think the design/user interface can use a face-lift... but honestly don't think it matters that much - it works well for what it's inteded for.

Been growing with SmartQ

Reviewed on 2/19/2019

Pros

Easy to use, customer support, visual, and easy to search

Cons

There are limitations and challenges with trying to include multiple people on a job, don't love that comments aren't exported nicely

Response from Disarea

What are the issues you are having in including multiple users into the ticket team?

Also, what are the issues you are having with exporting the Notes? Are you using the General Report for that?

-smartQ Team

A Software that Successfully Manages Projects.

Reviewed on 3/26/2019

For successful project and workflow management, consider smartQ. This software makes sure that all the roles in an organization are achieved on time, and this improves on productivity.

Pros

smartQ has all the features for a successful project management and planning. That is, it assist in assigning, tracking, and evaluating the progress of any project. Besides, smartQ is easy to customize, where a person can create their own workflow. Furthermore, smartQ ensures teamwork and collaboration. Lastly, there is all the help that a person can desire from the support team.

Cons

Unless I lie, I lack a concrete basis against smartQ. I find it very effective and relevant in the current business world.

Simple to use Limited in scope

Reviewed on 2/19/2019

It is pretty simple software and provides an easy workflow experience. Forms are a little restrictive. It would be nice to be able to change the size of a text box to fit items next to one another.
Drag and drop of uploads would make it faster and easier to upload.

Pros

Easy to update
Easy to navigate
Simple display

Cons

Form is restrictive in format
Sorting is manual

Response from Disarea

Allison,

We plan to review our ticket form. Right now text box can be placed next to each other, two per line, you just need to use half-form size for them.

What sorting is manual? Where do you want it automated?

We do have drag and drop for file upload. When you add a note you can easily drag files into it. Or you are referring to another place?

- smartQ Team

7.0/10

An Easy to Use Application for Managing and Distributing Tasks

Reviewed on 3/4/2019

smartQ is excellent. My experience with it is fabulous. It has boosted teamwork or collaboration in our firm. It saves us time because we use it to manage tasks efficiently.

Pros

We like to work as a team. Therefore, we rely on smartQ because it helps us in distributing tasks among our co-workers so that we can handle projects appropriately. I like the user-friendly interface and features of smartQ. I also like this collaboration software because it is great for tracking the progress of various tasks.

Cons

smartQ has never been a nuisance to us. Therefore, I have not found any flaws about it. The tool is superb.

Simple but Powerful

Reviewed on 2/20/2019

We have used this product for over two years it has allowed us to visually manages some processes and improved our response time for our customers.

Pros

The queues are simple to use.
Short learning curve.
Good reporting

Cons

Access for External users is limited and not a versatile as I had hoped.

Detailed to-do list at your fingertips!

Reviewed on 1/9/2018
Review Source

Pros

SmartQ has been a lifesaver when it comes to organizing all project requests and status. I love being able to have everything in one spot with ALL the details I need. And it has significantly reduced the number of emails in my inbox. I also like having the archives.

Cons

I do not like how the tickets go to "red" when the due date has been extended. Makes me feel like the ticket is still overdue but it's not.

Get's the job done

Reviewed on 2/19/2019

Get's the job done, It's something we use everyday but would like to see new features introduced. Improvements to be made in the mobile app would be good.

Pros

The opportunity to have your jobs listed out, all in one place, simplifies workflow for the team

Cons

There is a lack of features that enhance the workflow, make things easier, the App does not seem to do as good a job as when using it on a desktop. App should have either more features or at least match the features.

Response from Disarea

What features do you want to see on iOS/Android apps? If you are using the tablet - you can just use the full version in the browser...

- smartQ Team

6.0/10

Responsive

Reviewed on 2/19/2019

Pros

We were able to personalize the software to our workflow, and SmartQ responds to feedback and has added functionality that we have asked for.

Cons

When staff leave and we change their account, all their notes become anonymous.

7.0/10

An Excellent Tool for Tracking the Progress of Projects

Reviewed on 2/27/2019

Significantly, smartQ has assisted me in project management and planning. The software is completely effective and functional.

Pros

What I like most concerning smartQ is its ability to help the user in tracking the entire projects progress, and this facilitate the process of planning and management. Besides, smartQ has a unique feature of creating a ticket and storing this tickets, and this makes the entire process quick and efficient. Lastly, smartQ has all the information such as date, day and exact time when projects occurred.

Cons

However, the ticketing feature of smartQ is not very effective as this stuffs has to come up with a given project instead of being created internally. The vendor should try to resolve this.

Response from Disarea

"this stuffs has to come up with a given project instead of being created internally. The vendor should try to resolve this."

Can you evaluate on this please? You can email us as support [at] getsmartQ.com

- smartQ Team

4 Years and Counting

Reviewed on 2/19/2019

Have been using it since 2015 and am very pleased. Keeps track of all three of the divisions in my company with the ability to interchange with a click of a button.

Pros

Adaptability, drag and drop, colors, work flow

Cons

Did not integrate easily with google calendar

Using SmartQ

Reviewed on 2/19/2019

Pros

Pretty easy to use, and self-explanatory for the most part.

Cons

The way that the archive tickets appear is not very intuitive in my opinion.

Response from Disarea

Veronica,

Ticket are auto-archived by default after 7 days spent in the last column. This can be turned off for the whole account via "options" menu on the top.

To archive tickets manually simply use the ticket menu - top right of the ticket on the board, on rollover.

- smartQ team

SmartQ is the way to go!

Reviewed on 2/19/2019

Pros

I like the overall organization of this software, very helpful when it comes to organizing jobs, new and old.

Cons

The mobile app took awhile to make it to Androids.

smartQ is an Affordable Task Managememt Invention

Reviewed on 4/9/2019

The experience I have with smartQ is ridiculous. I am very happy about it.

Pros

smartQ's friendliness makes it a reliable task management and distribution system. It has the best support team. smartQ has made our work very easy by streamlining everything.

Cons

smartQ has never been a disappointed. Truly, smartQ has no cons.

Easy to use software

Reviewed on 2/20/2019

Pros

User friendly it makes my job easy. i have all my work at the touch of my finger

Cons

i have nothing negative to say about this

Great for organizing workflow

Reviewed on 1/28/2019

Very happy and the team at smartq was always very helpful. They also listen to customer feedback, it happened that the featured I recommended was quickly introduced.

Pros

It's easy to use and offers lots of ways of sorting, filtering, tagging & archiving the todos.

Cons

Nothing really, it does what it's supposed to do.

Manage, Track, and Evaluate your Projects by using smartQ

Reviewed on 4/1/2019

Overseeing the progress of projects in a firm is critical. smartQ has been one of the most supporting tool to see the success of various business activities. The software is easy to customize.

Pros

There is a free smartQ package which even doesn't require a debit card for the package.
The software is fully helpful and effective in terms of supervising the progress of a project.
smartQ simplifies the work of the management team, where it tracks the far the workers have gone in their assignments.
Lastly, smartQ entirely lowers the production cost as it facilitates the process of cost estimation and this avoid misuse of funds and redundancy.

Cons

smartQ performs its subjected role very effectively.
I have nothing against this noble software and I acknowledge the upgrades and new releases from the vendor.

My Encounter with smartQ.

Reviewed on 2/20/2019

smartQ has facilitated the aspect of collaboration in our organization. I lack main problem with this wonderful software.

Pros

I like the unique feature with smartQ of drag and drop which makes the work easier and faster. Again, I like how we obtain email notifications from our clients, and through the drag and drop feature, we are able to track and follow them. Besides, smartQ has a friendly and easy user interface.

Cons

smartQ lacks an automated email notification to the recipient to confirm that the administrator has received the concern. As a result, the vendor ends up creating a manual email response and this affects its efficiency.

Response from Disarea

Please contact support [at] getsmartQ.com about the email notifications. With Automation now there are ways to automate some emails: