smartQ Reviews

smartQ

Workflow visualization, agile project management, task tracking and team collaboration app

4.5/5 (33 reviews)
Serena G.

Great tool we have used it for years.

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

The support for this tool is very good. The help desk is responsible and fast to address a question or concern. We have considered replacing it with other tools with more features and our users have had drastic reactions that they love it and don't want another tool. That is the best praise any software can get.

Pros

This software is economical, it is easy to use and setup. We use it for many things in our organization including tracking request from external parties. We also track cross-department internal workflow using the tool. The best features are the ability to set up your own workflow, the ability to create tickets via an external e-mail and the ability to get alerts when a ticket is edited or reaches a stage in the workflow. Color coding of tickets has also been helpful to visually categorize tickets.

Cons

The only downfall for our use is that all incoming tickets not created within the software have to come into the same project. Having rule bases filters that allow the tickets to get separated when received would make this a better product.

Response from Disarea

We already added the possibility to post tickets via email into any project:

-smartQ Team

Tracy T.

smartQ is an Easy, Efficient Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

My overall experience with smartQ has been wonderful. I'm not sure how I'd ever get my work done without it. We juggle so many projects at one time, it is really hard to keep track of stuff and smartQ just takes all that hard work out of my hands. The customer service has been great as well. I've actually seen my suggestions made - and quick too! It's very cool to know that they truly listen to feedback - makes me feel like part of their team!

Pros

I love that smartQ makes tracking projects a breeze. From creating the ticket, to archiving the ticket, everything is meant to be easy and efficient. We're able to keep track of notes for each project, and if a few years go by and we need to pull up a project again, we can find it in a few seconds in the archives. Then...voila! There are all our notes, and even times/dates of when things took place.

Cons

I think the ONLY thing I don't like is that the "upd" tag that comes on when a ticket is updated, never goes away unless you click on the ticket again. I think that is great if you're NOT the one who made the update. But if you're the one who updated it, I think that it would be much better if it went away in a few hours, or something. That's my only complaint though!

Anthony L.

Customer for over 4 years.

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

It's improved our quality of life at work vastly, I definitely recommend this product to everyone I come across if they're looking for a solution to improve efficiency and quality of work overall. We had paper lists everywhere for work orders and Smart Q eliminates that by allowing you to create a work order section and other variances for work related items. We have an open orders section, an RMA section, and a needed parts section.

Pros

I like the ability to add your own options and to have it accessible through multiple accounts on multiple machines. Eliminates paper trails when it comes to manufacturing and ensures quality as long as the proper information is entered.

Cons

The report features could be improved with more available options to change and download a custom report.

Tony S.

SmartQ User Experience

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Overall, I've never experienced any major issues with smartQ! It makes my day-to-day tasks much easier just from looking at the home page. I would recommend smartQ for all project teams needing to implement a visualization/work-flow.

Pros

It has an easy and user-friendly interface with drag and drop features so that tickets can be easily tracked. I also like how we receive email notifications with the URL links. It makes it easier to navigate to the tickets and read through the comments.

Cons

When we (the administrators) manually create tickets for a requestor, it does not send automatic email notifications to the intended recipient. Rather, we have to send the email via Outlook, and have to make sure to attach the emails to the ticket for auditing purposes.

Grace C.

So-so project management software

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

SmartQ works well enough, and it has handy features like automated emails when a project is assigned to you. But it's just not as powerful as some other software out there for our purposes. I will give a shout-out to their customer service, though! They've always responded quickly and personally to me, even preserving a particular feature that our team used while it was being phased out.

Pros

It keeps most of our projects organized in one place.

Cons

There aren't enough integrations with other applications we use, and SmartQ isn't as flexible as something like Notion or Airtable for the specific ways our team would like to organize our projects.

4.0/10

Excellent Organizational Tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

I'm using my client's version of SmartQ to work with them on email deployment services. I love the ease of use and that it keeps me organized. It's so easy to log in each day and see what's assigned to me or what's coming down the line.

Pros

The dashboard view. I love that you can set up different categories and easily drag a ticket from one to the other.

Cons

Response from Disarea

"That when you reply to an email you received it doesn't lay it out in an easy to see way in the platform ticket."

Could you evaluate on this please? Just email support [at] getsmartQ.com.

- smartQ Team

Mike M.

Great Basic Drag n Drop Workflow

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

The product is an invaluable tool if you have a production type workflow and want to keep track of orders. Customer support is iffy, lots of overlapping tickets and unskilled staff. File uploads (where you need to upload a file to a ticket) is a little borked, but overall, for what you pay it's great value. It feels a little bit of abandon ware, except for the occassional marketing blitz.

Pros

Simple, elegant user interface, easy to configure basic drag and drop workflows.

Cons

File Upload is a pain - it's done in the 1980's way - you have to upload the file, wait, and then press submit. If you forget to press submit you lose your file. The amount of cloud storage is ridiculously small for what you pay. The Android app took years to come to market and is extremely basic and has no offline mode and is just a really cheap, quick portal.

Great affordable tool for project management across teams

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

We use SmartQ for internal project requests and troubleshooting for managing our SaaS integrations. Different team members across the organization are able to submit a request for projects to execute or things to look into and troubleshoot. From here, they're able to see the status of the project/request based off where the ticket is positioned in the "Queue".

Pros

I learned/used SmartQ in less than an hour - it is highly customizable to fit your team's need/use. You can add as many required fields as you need on a ticket submission, and you can grant access to people across different teams. It's really common-sense to use.

Cons

I think the design/user interface can use a face-lift... but honestly don't think it matters that much - it works well for what it's inteded for.

Been growing with SmartQ

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Pros

Easy to use, customer support, visual, and easy to search

Cons

There are limitations and challenges with trying to include multiple people on a job, don't love that comments aren't exported nicely

Response from Disarea

What are the issues you are having in including multiple users into the ticket team?

Also, what are the issues you are having with exporting the Notes? Are you using the General Report for that?

-smartQ Team

Allison B.

Simple to use Limited in scope

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

It is pretty simple software and provides an easy workflow experience. Forms are a little restrictive. It would be nice to be able to change the size of a text box to fit items next to one another.
Drag and drop of uploads would make it faster and easier to upload.

Pros

Easy to update
Easy to navigate
Simple display

Cons

Form is restrictive in format
Sorting is manual

Response from Disarea

Allison,

We plan to review our ticket form. Right now text box can be placed next to each other, two per line, you just need to use half-form size for them.

What sorting is manual? Where do you want it automated?

We do have drag and drop for file upload. When you add a note you can easily drag files into it. Or you are referring to another place?

- smartQ Team

7.0/10
Tom B.

Simple but Powerful

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

We have used this product for over two years it has allowed us to visually manages some processes and improved our response time for our customers.

Pros

The queues are simple to use.
Short learning curve.
Good reporting

Cons

Access for External users is limited and not a versatile as I had hoped.

Detailed to-do list at your fingertips!

Reviewed on 2018/01/09
Review Source

Pros

SmartQ has been a lifesaver when it comes to organizing all project requests and status. I love being able to have everything in one spot with ALL the details I need. And it has significantly reduced the number of emails in my inbox. I also like having the archives.

Cons

I do not like how the tickets go to "red" when the due date has been extended. Makes me feel like the ticket is still overdue but it's not.

Get's the job done

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Get's the job done, It's something we use everyday but would like to see new features introduced. Improvements to be made in the mobile app would be good.

Pros

The opportunity to have your jobs listed out, all in one place, simplifies workflow for the team

Cons

There is a lack of features that enhance the workflow, make things easier, the App does not seem to do as good a job as when using it on a desktop. App should have either more features or at least match the features.

Response from Disarea

What features do you want to see on iOS/Android apps? If you are using the tablet - you can just use the full version in the browser...

- smartQ Team

6.0/10
Christina T.

Responsive

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Pros

We were able to personalize the software to our workflow, and SmartQ responds to feedback and has added functionality that we have asked for.

Cons

When staff leave and we change their account, all their notes become anonymous.

7.0/10
Greg C.

4 Years and Counting

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Have been using it since 2015 and am very pleased. Keeps track of all three of the divisions in my company with the ability to interchange with a click of a button.

Pros

Adaptability, drag and drop, colors, work flow

Cons

Did not integrate easily with google calendar

Veronica M.

Using SmartQ

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Pros

Pretty easy to use, and self-explanatory for the most part.

Cons

The way that the archive tickets appear is not very intuitive in my opinion.

Response from Disarea

Veronica,

Ticket are auto-archived by default after 7 days spent in the last column. This can be turned off for the whole account via "options" menu on the top.

To archive tickets manually simply use the ticket menu - top right of the ticket on the board, on rollover.

- smartQ team

Wyatt G.

SmartQ is the way to go!

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Pros

I like the overall organization of this software, very helpful when it comes to organizing jobs, new and old.

Cons

The mobile app took awhile to make it to Androids.

Angelo N.

Easy to use software

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

Pros

User friendly it makes my job easy. i have all my work at the touch of my finger

Cons

i have nothing negative to say about this

Great for organizing workflow

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Very happy and the team at smartq was always very helpful. They also listen to customer feedback, it happened that the featured I recommended was quickly introduced.

Pros

It's easy to use and offers lots of ways of sorting, filtering, tagging & archiving the todos.

Cons

Nothing really, it does what it's supposed to do.

David L.

North County IT Consulting Serivces

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

I am using SmartQ as a help desk. I can track multiple tickets from multiple customers and multiple levels of support. Overall, I have a good experience with SmartQ. It has been worth the bill.

Pros

It's easy to use and creates great workflows. There's a lot of options to make tickets stand out when they need to.

Cons

Inability to email anyone outside of licensed users or ticket originators. I'd like to send email updates to my customers but the ticket originator may not be the person who needs the information. In many cases, they contact me with a problem and I create the ticket. This means I had to buy accounts for my key customers and still need to copy messages to email to send to people who submit tickets through my email.

Marian P.

One of the best apps I have used!

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

We are very happy with SmartQ!

Pros

I love the ease of the program & how I can use it on the go! I also love how I can make the fields customized to my business.

Cons

The only con I have found is when a whole field of information disappeared and we do not know why.

Sarah G.

Awesome for teachers and data tracking!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/30

Tracking student discipline and write ups in house, tracking problems between teams, common offenses and problem solving for students discipline behaviors.

Pros

It’s so easy to use, even on a mobile device for a quick note or documenting data. I love it because everyone can see it and you can have an email sent for an escalated ticket. Data tracking is easy!

Cons

Maybe the users who need more experience with it to use it accurately. Nothing with the software - it’s great

Erin V.

Excellence in Education!

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

My school is using it to track student behaviors - it is a great communication tool between teachers and administrators.

Pros

It is is easy to learn, and it is very efficient - the less clicks the better!

Cons

More video tutorials to explain the features.

Perfect Follow Up

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

It has made my tracking of orders easy

Pros

Color to identifico easy each process

Cons

None at the moment.
Hope not to have one since it is so friendly to use.

Talia D.

Great discioline management app

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

Pros

Very easy to use and track data. It's good to see all infractions for each kid.

Cons

I have No cons. I like everything about it.