Yotpo Reviews

Reviews & customer content marketing

4.5/5 (159 reviews)

Best review app period.

Reviewed on 1/18/2018

More reviews mean more credibility. We mix up Yotpo review and Google trusted store review and it proves we have better sales than before. Controlling review is not easy, but it's easier than ever with Yotpo. Their dashboard and the moderate system is easy to handle and very intuitive.

Pros

Have to say Yotpo is truly our best on site app.. I believe the customers like/read/trust the reviews. Yotpo has become a major part of our day to day customer engagement strategy. I love that new features are constantly being added. Their customer service is top notch. This app offers a heck of a lot of great features for the low price of free. You need to pay more if you want to use more features, but every penny worth. The cost is high for a business of our size, but I think after a year or so we will see the results of peer to peer reviews. Give it a shot.

Cons

Picture update feature updated so far, but the problem is pricing. As fa as I know, it could be too much for the companies on their starting phase. Adding this feature for special package or something will be better to try it. I might be wrong, but they really have to give chances for users who keep using Yotpo, for example more than 1 year or 2 years.

Great Review Platform - Could Be Better

Reviewed on 11/23/2018

Overall, Yotpo is a great reviews platform that is easy to use and manage, even across multiple brands and products, all under one account.

Pros

In terms of functionality, Yotpo is easy to implement and use, from both a front-end and back-end perspective. It easily hosts your product's (or company's) reviews and displays them on the website is a visually aesthetic way, with customizable features.

Cons

It would be great to implement a feature that allows the user on the customer's end to have more filter options for the reviews. There are other review platforms that have more fields to answer, therefor offering more information for the customer to browse when looking at reviews. Since referrals and reviews are one of the first things customers look at before purchasing, giving more information options (beyond name, product, and product rating) along with making filter features easy to accessible allows the customer to access more detailed information, but helps to make the conversion quicker.

A bit expensive

Reviewed on 3/7/2017

We tried YOTPO for a year. The price was high compared to what we needed, so didn't renew. Needed only the Review function and SEO, not the rest. I think the pricing, which is based on the amount of review e-mails sent, is not a valid way of pricing. It does not take into account the % who respond with a review, which is the more accurate metric. If the price was based on # of reviews received, it would reflect on the product's ease of use. It could also be based on features used, which is another metric based on the value a merchant places on the features.
Also, not having the reviews in HTML so it can be searched is a big drawback. Hope this helps.

Pros

- Sending out reviews w/ up-sell opportunities
- Reporting capabilities
- User interface to display reviews is nice on the website
- Rich snippet feature for SEO

Cons

- the Moderation menu got more confusing. I liked the old interface better--it was easier to follow.
- Support doesn't respond right away. It can take a day or two to resolve an issue.
- The Reviews are not searchable so doesn't contribute to SEO.

3.0/10

Good Bad Great Good Great Amazing Bad and Great Again

Reviewed on 3/30/2017

Yotpo has a great product but I experienced a few issues in my time using it that were extremely inhibiting to me finding my groove with it. I think they need a custom plan for low volume high priority/price retailers online but I am happy they were able to customize my billing and make it easier to stay onboard - it's not entirely what I need being that we are low volume and high price. Yes, we do exist. I think that for $ a month, I should be able to whitelabel with the Powerhouse plan, for some reason they think I shouldn't but I understand their need to market the product. I am continuing to work with the application and use it to the best of my ability. The title of this review reflects that the experience has been turbulent from bad to excellent but I am much happier knowing now that I have an actual dedicated account manager. The last manager was great, I just think he was falling behind probably due to Yotpo killing it and growing so quickly. I am excited to utilize the tool and see what we can get out of it. Thank you Yotpo for a Good, Great, Bad, Amazing, Bad, Great, Good Excellent product.

Pros

Great Features, TPR and Social Ads

Cons

Only good for high volume online retailers.

7.0/10

Delivers reviews, easy to use!

Reviewed on 11/9/2017

It makes my client's money every day and increases engagement. It makes me look good every time I recommend it and Yotpo is a great company to deal with.

Pros

Yotpo is easy to install if you're using a major eCommerce cart provider like Magento, Shopify, etc. There are some other copy cats out there that promise the world but they have all fallen short or simply miss things. I'm using the incentive coupons to get more reviews with some clients and it's awesome. The review moderation is easy to use, makes sense and we use it every day. As an eCommerce consultant I recommend Yotpo to all my clients and see the results first hand.

Cons

Yotpo can be a powerful tool in the right hands. It has a ton of features and you can get lost during setup on which are the most important.

So many features... Amazing support

Reviewed on 4/1/2017
Review Source

There are maybe more than 100 review apps that can help your company grow organic content or ask customers to write site, and product reviews. But Yotpo is on a completely different level than most. They regularly update their product, have so many features that can help your onsite and offsite strategies, and most importantly (at least for our company), they have a great team of account executives, experts, strategists, and support staffs.
We started our experience almost 2 years ago (Yotpo strategist: Hannah Kim) and Yotpo keeps exceeding our expectations with new features every month.

Pros

Amazing features - could help both e-commerce and non-ecommerce websites - Great quick support

Cons

Installation looks easy at first but sometimes requires some knowledge of coding. Not a real con but I thought you should know that.

One of the great tool for review automation & curation

Reviewed on 1/4/2019

Pros

We have used this tool to collect reviews and ratings for our products. The integration part was very easy and we can select how and when to send the invitation to write the reviews. We can even send mass invitation to our customers by uploading an excel sheet to write a review. The automation part is really very good where after successfully delivering an order we can set the system up that way where it will send the review email. We can even encourage our customer to post images of the products along with their review and then we can tag that image with the actual product in our site. It really helps make a product very much worth. We can customize the email templates as per our theme and taste.

Cons

I have not found any major cons which i need to share here.

While expensive, Yotpo has been extremely helpful for us in capturing content and converting leads.

Reviewed on 5/17/2017

Yotpo provided us with the ability to get real "third party" reviews from customers and post them on our site. This gave us instant credibility and validated the quality of our product which led to a higher conversion rate. We were also able to use this customer generated content for social media ads which led to more unique visitors and in turn, more sales.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and customize. With Yotpo, we were able to launch with a dedicated reviews page and reviews carousel that was completely customized to fit the look and feel of our site. Emails to customers requesting reviews are super simply and easy to publish to the site. Yotpo has really helped in validating and providing credibility to our product and brand.

Cons

Price. They have pretty aggressive sales reps and only work on annual contracts. While effective, it's by far our largest software subscription in terms of spend. We locked ourselves into the pro version and once you implement it on your site, it's difficult to downgrade to a cheaper version.

One Thing We Were Missing

Reviewed on 3/14/2019

When they say you have a customer care representative who is available to help at all times. They mean that. We didn't need much after a few calls, but our representative is always responsive to emails and answers my questions. That is what makes the $$ spent worth it. The product is great, but the support is even greater.

Pros

It is easy to use and intuitive. It makes the hard things - posting product adds to social media - easy and automatic so there is no worry each week. Plus, the design of the ads is very pleasing, so you don't have to worry about trying to make them look like you want.

Cons

The biggest thing was that I did not understand before we purchased about how the API installation would work. It wasn't until after we spent the money that I found out my ecom platform doesn't do 3rd party API keys. That means I have to manually create the spreadsheet every month to send out review emails. Had I known this ahead of time, we still would have purchased but I would have been more prepared for the workload.

Clutch for our Business

Reviewed on 3/20/2019

Fantastic, I appreciate the customer service and that I feel my feedback is heard and received. I had been asking for integration with MailChimp since we signed on...was SO happy to see the integration launch this year!

Pros

Having reviews has not only helped customers trust a purchase, but it helps in advertising and SEO. Absolutely worth the investment for our start-up!

Cons

I wish there was a keyword sort function for customers. When they go to our Reviews page we have over 1200 reviews now, it would be nice if they could search for keywords so they could find reviews applicable to their needs and questions. i.e. how is the sizing, arch support, ankle support, etc.

User-Generated Content Made Simple with Yotpo!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017

The Yotpo integration with Shopify greatly improved conversion on my company's product pages. Not only did our reviews show the popularity of our products, but many customers wrote detailed stories of how they connected deeply to their product. This added another dimension to the product page! Through Yotpo, we were also able to search through all of the reviews and add our favorites to landing pages, post-sale emails and social media posts. This user-generated content built trust with our customers and enabled us to show off how relational our company was! The platform is easy to use and the appearance can be modified to fit seamlessly with your website theme. Automated and customizable emails make it easy to gather reviews for your website, and you can choose which ones are displayed on your website. Simple - and worth every dollar!

Pros

Simplicity in integration with Shopify. Customizable design on the website. Improves conversions on the product page. Great to publish reviews directly to Twitter & Facebook or turn into paid ad content.

Cons

The search function within the back end is faulty sometimes.

Worth the money

Reviewed on 12/4/2018

We've had great feedback since using Yotpo! It's nice to hear honest reviews of or products, site, and services. Even the not-so-good reviews help us figure out how we can up our game. And it's easy to use - just set your parameters and you're on auto-pilot. And make the necessary tweaks as needed.

Pros

Easy to use. Just set up your after purchase email text and select when the email gets triggered and Yotpo does all the rest.

Cons

I wish there was a way for the store owner to comment on customers' answers to questions. Sometimes there are more relevant issues that can be addressed by the store owner, but you can only comment on the original question asked.

The perfect review app for scaling ecommerce businesses

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 3/22/2017

At a very basic level, Yotpo has been great at getting us quality reviews.

But Yotpo is much more than just a review platform because we are using it as part of our post purchase customer experience with triggered email sent to our customers a couple weeks after they have placed their order. This email is a great opportunity to keep the line of communication with the customer open and with the discount code integrations with Shopify we are able to send out incentives for reviews which not only encourages more reviews on our site, but it also encourages repeat purchase activity from these customers. This helps us build a higher average LTV because customers are incentivized to shop, review, and repeat.

Yotpo has also been great for scaling our business. We started with a very basic package that was easy to integrate into our Shopify site(up and running in a day), but we have upgraded along the way and are now using a more robust offering that allows us to send dynamic coupon codes(to eliminate the chance of code abuse), add fit details to the review pages, and make the reviews searchable in google listings. These features and functionality allow us to look and function the review section of our site at a level that is comparable to much larger competitors and ecommerce companies.

Overall, Yotpo is a no-brainer for your business.

Likely the most full featured review aggregator and feedback system available.

Reviewed on 12/4/2018

The customer support and on-boarding experience has been very good.

Pros

From a features standpoint, yotpo stood out from the other options we looked at. In practice, it seems that the service lives up to it's claims and we've only just scratched the service on all the things they offer.

Customer support has been prompt and accommodating and there have been no hidden fees or unexpected charges for "custom work", etc.

Setup is well documented and flexible enough for developers to sink their teeth in.

Integration with other services is good.

Cons

Product feeds and updates. The way Yotpo handles new products vs product updates via two seperate uploads is strange. In my mind, it would all be handled by the same upload. Why not adopt a standard feed system like what google and FB use?

Transferring our existing reviews was mostly smooth, but there were a couple hiccups for grouping child product reviews under a parent.

Also, our SKUs included a '-' character which had to be replaced with another character as this was not allowed by yotpo's system. A strange requirement.

We have devs in-house to tackle these little hurdles, but if you don't have anyone technical on hand YMMV.

Great Review System

Reviewed on 3/27/2017

Yotpo is pretty easy to implement. It also has a good conversion rate from emails sent after the purchase (much of this depends on the quality of your email). I'm a consultant that has used it with small mom & pop projects and large multimillion dollar businesses. If you are looking for an ecommerce review system, definitely checkout out Yotpo.

Pros

Ease of implementation

Cons

Difficulty in updating reviews but this is to be expected. If it was easy, the trust factor would be lost as merchants would potentially be changing their reviews willy nilly.

Integral part of any rounded E-commerce Strategy

Reviewed on 12/4/2018

Pros

Yotpo has been crucial for us. We knew that product reviews were a missing piece of the puzzle but we struggled to bring them in for years. With Yotpo we were able to gather nearly 1500 reviews in our first year!
This has resulted in a huge increase in customer confidence and in turn increased sales.

We also recently added the Visual Marketing component which is now helping us to solve another long standing issue, gathering user generated content.

Would highly suggest Yotpo's services as they may be one of the best values in the game.

Cons

Would make some slight changes to the way reviews can be shown on our website.

Yotpo - An amazing review platform that you really should check out

Reviewed on 7/5/2018

Pros

We have been using these guys since they started.. so got real lucky on the pricing. It has really helped our customers have trust in our company due to seeing 'real' customer reviews of our services and products.

Cons

Only con to be honest.. is they have added features but as we had there original top package at a silly cheap price we are not allowed the new feature unless we change to the new plans. It's a fair point as the price far outweighs the features.

Quality Product

Reviewed on 12/18/2018

Overall I have had a very positive experience with Yotpo. Its a versatile program that helps us connect with our customers and get some honest feedback. They have some great integrations that help us show potential customers how transparent we are as a company and has been vital to our growing business.

Pros

- Very easy to use and understand
- Really helps connect with customers
- Highlights areas we can improve on
- Shows other customers what is important to us

Cons

- The search filters on some aspects could use an update
- Picture attachment approval could use some work
- Some customers don't understand how to reply to the prompts

Always use Yotpo for reviews

Reviewed on 12/4/2018

We need to add reviews to our ecommerce customer's sites. Has to be easy to deploy through major ecommerce platforms like Magento, Shopify and BigCommerce. Has to show up in Google search results. Has to have the ability to easily reply to reviewers within the platform. Must have good customer support should anything go wrong. Yotpo has all of this and more.

Pros

Customer support is always outstanding and tools are easy to deploy and use.

Cons

Don't really have any issues with software.

YOTPO is fantastic!

Reviewed on 7/18/2018

Constant customer feedback, which helps us build better products and revise one's that need it and rid others. Yotpo is great!

Pros

Easy to use, great follow up email and also their support staff is one of a kind! I first heard of them when they reached out to our store on Shopify. Their support staff is incredibly friendly, not pushy, and their free plan is great to test out the waters and really see it in action. It's easy to setup, navigate and also has shown immediate results with reviews and follow ups.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything, maybe the pricing structure, but even that isn't terrible. The introduction to it was great, even though at first I was a bit apprehensive, but I love the product now.

Great spftware

Reviewed on 5/11/2017

Pros

Really like be the ability to respond to reviews. Also, I would love to be the verified user/buyer tags which really add weight to the review. The mail after the purchase has worked really well in generating large numbers of reviews also and is probably my favorite feature.

Cons

Pricing is quite high and some of the integrations to other 3rd party software should come in the lower price tiers.

Have been using for 4+ Years

Reviewed on 12/18/2018

Pros

When we first started out, Yotpo was a free service as they were trying to gain market share. The platform and user interface has always been easy to use and has allowed our small business to show potential customers what real customers have to say about the products they are ordering. Reviews are one of the most important factors for decision making and Yotpo has made gathering reviews in natural and unintrusive ways easy and effective.

Cons

Though it may be a little pricey, the functionality and the quality of the interface are worth while, for small businesses who don't have products in stores, reviews are a necessity so it may not be the cheapest option but from our experience it is worth the money.

Great software

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

Yotpo is a great review solution for a small to medium business. The moderation tools are excellent and significantly better for a small team than competing products

Pros

Really easy to use, high levels of control, good customisation options

Cons

Some of the integrations are tricky. It could do with more customisation options. I don’t like the level to which features are paywalled.

Nice Product at a Reasonable Price

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 12/4/2018

I certainly think we have been able to convert more of our visitors with the increase volume and breadth of product reviews we have on our site. The service and support has been very responsive to our inquiries.

Pros

The software is very helpful at increasing the amount of feed back we get from our customers. It has also helped us gather reviews on products that we typically would not get reviews on. Being a small to medium size business that software is priced appropriately and I feel that we are getting a good ROI on our partnership with Yotpo.

Cons

We lack the ability to truly customize the customer facing aspect of the product. There are many things we would like to change but the platform does not allow it. I also have some small concerns on the technology side and the weight it adds to page load but I do believe the benefits of the product outweigh the negatives.

Good for 3rd party software

Reviewed on 7/20/2017

The biggest benefit is sales.

Pros

The best part of the software is that not only does it collect reviews but it sends out the emails automatically and can post directly to social media.

Cons

The worst part about the software is the cost . It seems like 5k+ per year is a little bit of an overkill for essentially a email marketing company.

6.0/10