Nextiva Reviews

Sully
Sully

Powerful VOIP System

Reviewed on 2023/05/30

Pros

The system did everything we needed it to. Never had a problem with VOIP clarity. The sales and support team were terrific. Price was steady and the equipment they provided was solid.

Cons

The setup and customer portal were a bear. There was nothing straightforward about programming an auto-attendant and I never could figure out how to set up the SMS. I had no idea how difficult their system really was until we moved our offices and had to switch to another vendor.

Response from Nextiva

Hello, Sully. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review.

Amy

VoIP that is user friendly

Reviewed on 2023/12/28

We are very pleased with Nextiva! As the administrator of the account, it has been easy to add new users and make adjustments.

Pros

Customer Service has been outstanding. We have had very few issues; however, when we have had problem, it has been resolved very quickly. We are using it integrated with Teams - so there is one less log in for staff.

Cons

They way we are using the system does not lend itself to pulling out the call data we had hoped to get. It is possible for an additional cost per user per month.

Aaron
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Trying to leave Nextiva was a nightmare

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

I would avoid Nextiva at all costs. If I had a time machine, I'd go back and talk to my past self to avoid them like the plaque. You could not get me to switch back to them even if their service was free or they offered to pay me to use their service.

Pros

Their phones did come preset up and the onboarding process was very streamlined. When I did need technical support, they were quick to resolve the issues.

Cons

Where to begin, their pricing and contracts all but force you to stick with them long term or pay an arm and a leg to leave. I should have known better than to sign any contract, but wanted to save a little bit on the upfront costs (by getting a free phone) and slightly lower monthly rates.

When I did leave Nextiva, I happily paid to break my contract, even though I shouldn't have had to pay any ETF at all. More on that later. While Nextiva's technical support was great, good luck if you ever need customer support for billing or contract issues.

When I was finally fed up with the prices Nextiva was charging, I went back through my contract and noticed that Nextiva did not honor their end of the bargain. When I called up customer service to end my contract, the customer service agents tried to weasel their way out of it, trying to explain one thing that they meant, but clearly wasn't literally written into the contract. Trying to leave them was a literal nightmare, because they broke their contract and I refused to pay the full ETF, I had to speak with a manager, who was supposed to call and never did. I had to call them 20+ times to finally get in touch with this manager. And because this manager was assigned to my case, I couldn't get another manager to fix things in the mean time. I'm 100% sure if I wasn't so persistent, I never would have gotten through to finally break free.

Don't walk, run far far away from Nextiva.

Response from Nextiva

Hello Aaron, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to see you go and wish you and your team the best. If we can help you with anything, please let us know.

Beth
  • Industry: Accounting

Best Money We've Spent On Communications

Reviewed on 2023/12/08

It has been pretty seamless. The setup went smoothly and was pretty much taken care

Pros

The fact that it is an answer for so many of our communication needs: Phone, Fax, Crm and Texting.

Cons

The text was a little bit hard to get set up on my mobile phone.

Act! and RingCentral MVP

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

Because AT&T's customer service was non-existent.

AT&T Workforce Manager

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

They were easier to do business with and the price was better for the amount of service we were receiving.
Matt

Great Option for Great Price

Reviewed on 2023/12/18

Overall, they are fantastic to deal with and their pricing is superb.

Overall, they are fantastic to deal with and their pricing is superb.

Pros

Their support is always top-notch. If I can't figure out how to set something up, they will do it for you.

Cons

A few small upgrades needed for fax service.

Julie
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Best Choice in VoIP

Reviewed on 2023/12/18

When tasked to find a new VoIP company, I was panicked about this huge task to find a better company than the one we had... Nextiva really managed the contract signing to on-boarding with White Glove Service. I was very impressed how every facet was monitored.

Pros

I like the smooth on-boarding process and the constant hand holding while preparing the move. Everyone involved was very helpful and resourceful.

Cons

After implementing the phone system we had some headset compatibility issues that should have been caught before the cutover.

MiVoice Business

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

This product was horrible with customer service, when you can reach them.. The price was very high and the product was not properly supported. They were bought out by Ring Central and I did not want any service anywhere near how Mitel did business. We cancelled the service but they auto renewed us for another year, fought and fought.. They are horrible.
Gary
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great Start!

Reviewed on 2024/01/07

We're switching from a different provider (I won't mention Vonage). Nextiva was less expensive seems to have a better solution and their customer service is worlds ahead in knowledge and their ability to communiate.

Pros

Set up was easy. Nextiva set up rep was courteous, knowledgeable and worked fast. Some edits to set were needed after initial testing. Technical support was very knowledgeable spoke clearly (HUGE plus) and listened well. They also agreed to testing changes before we got off the phone in case more adjustments were needed.

Cons

Setting up the texting capability wasn't as easy and clear cut as I understood from the sales group.

Chip
  • Industry: Law Practice

Very pleased for many years now

Reviewed on 2023/12/28

Very good working with Nextiva over the last several years

Very good working with Nextiva over the last several years

Pros

Customer support was excellent and phones work great

Cons

The app is a bit clunky and can be hard to use effectively

Sinclair
  • Industry: Accounting

So glad I switched

Reviewed on 2023/12/18

Terrific! My sales/tech person was fantastic.

Terrific! My sales/tech person was fantastic.

Pros

Calls have good quality sound. The price is just right!

Cons

Worried about internet going down and hope the phones still work.

Danielle
  • Industry: Legal Services

Nextiva Service

Reviewed on 2023/12/29

Similar to other options. Customer service is usually very quick to answer and are very helpful. Dedicated sales rep is also really responsive.

Pros

Was able to quickly get service set up and the phone system working as intended.

Cons

Their dashboard is not the most user friendly and you have to click around sometimes to find exactly what you are looking for.

Sarah
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Mobile app is super easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

The quality of service is unmatched. The app is super easy to use, and keeps me organized. The service is great, I have never had difficulty with my calls. The customer service is excellent, staff is patient, friendly, and eager to help. Overall, Nextiva has helped me be more efficient in my business and I know it has helped my colleagues within our company as well.

Pros

Mobile app is easy to navigate, never gives me any trouble.

Cons

That I didn’t switch over sooner, it would have saved me a lot more business.

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

My calls were getting dropped constantly, and every time I called for help, I was put on hold by representatives that were impatient and didn’t get my problems resolved. Bad service and bad customer service hurt my business.

Ariz

It's expensive, but they have really good customer service.

Reviewed on 2023/09/14

It's mostly just communicating with customers. The system makes it easy for us to communicate with the customers, which is exactly what we want.

Pros

It's fairly easy to use. They also have excellent customer service. Anytime we need anything, we're able to give them a call and they are able to make the adjustments or show us how to make the adjustments.

Cons

There are some features that are missing that other voice over IP services have. Specifically, notifications for text messages. Whenever customers text us, we don't get a notification in our email in the same manner that we do when they call us or leave us a voicemail. I think they're working on this functionality, but it has not been implemented yet. A lot of customers text us, and it would be great if we got a notification so that we can get back to them quickly. Also it would be nice if we were able to upload greetings that didn't have to meet the 8K HZ quality thresholds. It would be really nice if we were able to record a simple message on our phone or computer and upload it as a greeting.

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

We needed more robust functionality than Google voice was offering.

Google Voice

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

At the time, this had more functionality.
David

Nextiva Took Care of My Small Business

Reviewed on 2023/09/28

Really good firm and great service. I would NOT consider a change. Yes, things are less than perfect, but I have learned that even the best high tech services are flawed and to be content with the best available. I feel Nextiva is the best available, so I'm satisfied right where I am!

Pros

My small business has been using Nextiva for maybe 10 years. We are very pleased with every aspect of the company. Prior to finding Nextiva, for the first decade of our company's existence, we muddled through several smaller providers who tried their best, but in the end, failed to deliver. We tried one very large company, Comcast, which messed us up with the classic scam of promising features during the sale but then reneging at implementation. Nextiva is the perfect middle-ground. They focus on VOIP and related communications services, they're not so big that this is one fraction of their company, and they're not so small that they simply do not have the capacity to handle the constant technological upgrades necessary to maintain our heads above the high-tech water. Recently, I contacted Nextiva tech support to configure more phones for our workers and they did everything smoothly and remotely.

Cons

Our phone app for taking VOIP calls on our cell phones could be better.

Christina

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2023/12/12

Overall we have been happy with the service and features offered by Nextiva.

Overall we have been happy with the service and features offered by Nextiva.

Pros

The think I like the most about Nextiva is that they understand what features are important to help customers work efficiently. Having the ability to download the Nextiva app on my cellphone allows me to step away from the office and still stay connected. I also like having access to my voicemails directly in my email inbox!

Cons

The implementation process was not what I expected. I thought that Nextiva would handle the heavy lifting but was surprised to find out that we were in charge of everything like switching out old phones and connecting the new ones in our offices. The representative assigned to us was very responsive but if you are not tech savvy or have technical staff this will be difficult and time consuming.

Antoinette

Efficient Telephone System

Reviewed on 2023/09/13

Pros

-Clarity of calls is exceptional.-Ease of use to manage calls like transferring and call forwarding

Cons

Since its VOIP, if our Internet is down, it will be down as well and cannot be used.

Tiffany
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Great Service - Customer Support is Effective.

Reviewed on 2023/11/27

Netiva has been a beneficial service to us in the important work we do. We are grateful for its user-friendliness and affordability.

Pros

Nextiva allows us to be able to be reached by our callers when we need to be and can handle high call volumes.

Cons

Sometimes when waiting for the great customer service, a call can take over an hour as we are consistently put on hold several times throughout the conversation for 5-10 minutes. This does affect production when there are issues, but the end-result always comes to resolution.

Dixa

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

The opportunity to have the phone app and be mobile while in the supervisor role to be there to support staff at the drop of a second when needed.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Making a tough transition easy

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

In general, the business has been really happy with the Nextiva system, the final costs, timing and functionality all fit what we asked for upfront. As an older business, we know that this is a rare result and we appreciate that Nextiva was able to honor our requirements and make sure the solution was exactly as we needed it. Technology today is extremely more complex than when our business was founded and there is often a lack of respect for the simplicity, and often antiquated nature of how we did things (and sometimes still do) with Nextiva we felt that our contacts were able to meet us where we were and ensure that we got what we needed without all the time and energy spent on talking about ideals and how it “should be” we don’t have that luxury and as a profitable business we don’t need to and are unable to work in the same way as younger more dynamic organizations. We still have to service our customers and keep things stable and maintain high quality service. Nextiva was instrumental at improving where we needed to focus, and they did it without interrupting our core business. Our customers will gain from these investments and our business is better set up for continued growth and prosperity in 2019.

Pros

Nextiva have really made a hard transition much easier. Our systems were way out of date and we needed a high level review and rebuild of our existing coms set up. Not a small feat. The system we had been working with had not been updated for about ten years, at least, and the result was a Frankenstein. We had integrated various tools to drag out the lifespan of the existing system. The Nextiva team were able to come in and assess the situation as well as build a solution that covered all our needs. We were involved in the process and the result was an ideal case, something that we thought wouldn’t be possible given timing and budgetary constraints. Nextiva really came to the table with a complete and fitting solution. I can’t say how they do it but their team are really well versed in the technology. They understand the issues with making a transition and they’re obviously experienced they are able to foresee and offset issues before they come up. They are a full stack solution. I can’t recommend them highly enough. Another benefit of Nextiva is they have developed tools that are super easy to learn. This is big for us as we have to invest a lot of time and energy into training our staff on new software and technology.
. When tools are easy to learn and use as a first timer, it saves us a lot of money. We found the team were able to jump into the system, get online and get to work without any interruption at all.

Cons

The only con I can really think of is the lack of ability to integrate with some of our older systems. We had some tools we wanted to keep that we had updated only a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, due to their limitations we were unable to keep them as a part of our set up. It’s unfortunate as they were expensive and supposed to last for a long time. Plus, training and implementing new tools takes a huge effort so where we didn’t think we needed to we would have preferred to keep things the same. However, I think it’s a tough call because in our case there was the fundamental VoIP service that needed to be switched out and then all the services that connected onto that had to work too. In some cases, Nextiva was able to integrate but in others we had to launch another solution. I don’t think they were unreasonable; it was just a natural downside of large upgrade.

Melissa
  • Industry: Insurance

VOIP Solution with faxing, texting, and mobile/computer apps

Reviewed on 2023/09/13

Nextiva has been easy to work with in the rare occasions my team needs support. The porting process to come over to Nextiva was equally as smooth. Nextiva has offered solutions that we didn't know we needed. Besides just VOIP services they have so many other complimentary and complementary offerings.

Pros

Nextiva is a great fit for our small business of 12 employees. We started using Nextiva in 10/2022. It was important to our company to have a VOIP phone system that could be used at the office and in our homes. Our company wanted versatility with our phone system post COVID to work from homes with an easy transition back into the office. We got free VOIP phones when signing our contract. They are good quality, current generation Yealink. There was also an option to bring your own VOIP phone (pending Nextiva supported it). The porting process was easy. We ported the entire office's phone numbers and fax numbers - Nextiva handled everything with a smooth transition. In addition to the VOIP phone service, we have been utilizing the other resources Nextiva offers. They have an app for our cell phones and computers so that we can take calls and make calls. We can also text from the Nextiva apps (mobile and computer) and I can screen shot/export into our client files easily. Nextiva even offered us solutions we didn't even know we needed - AutoAttendant. This is an amazing feature which allows the caller to route their own call instead of talking to our receptionist (ie. press 1 for Bob, press 2 for Larry, etc). AutoAttendant has freed up reception to work on other projects because 85% of calls that were going to her, are now getting routed to their respective parties.

Cons

We have not had any issues in the time we have been using Nextiva. No outages, no support issues, no porting issues, nothing. This was the most seamless experience in technology we ever had.

Benir

Nextiva is my go-to choice for VOIP!

Reviewed on 2023/11/27

For over six years, Nextiva VoIP has been my go-to communication solution for my businesses. As a seasoned entrepreneur, I've utilized Nextiva across two ventures, and its consistent reliability, user-friendly interface, and comprehensive features have never ceased to impress me.

If you're seeking a communication solution that seamlessly integrates into your business operations, enhances customer service, and provides valuable insights for growth, Nextiva VoIP is the answer. Its user-friendly interface, comprehensive features, and exceptional reliability make it an ideal choice for businesses of all sizes.

Pros

From the initial setup to ongoing usage, Nextiva has consistently demonstrated remarkable ease of use. The intuitive interface guides users through every step, making it effortless to navigate and manage call settings, voicemail options, and even advanced features like call forwarding and auto-attendant.

Phone Routing and Auto-Attendant

Nextiva's phone routing capabilities are nothing short of exceptional. The ability to seamlessly direct calls to specific departments or individuals ensures that every interaction receives prompt attention. Additionally, the auto-attendant feature is a game-changer, greeting callers with a professional touch and directing them appropriately, even during off-hours.

Cons

While Nextiva VoIP excels in many areas, it could benefit from a wider range of integration options. This would enhance its compatibility with existing business systems and streamline workflows. For instance, integrating with popular CRM platforms would allow for seamless data exchange, saving time and effort. Additionally, integration with productivity tools like Slack or Microsoft Teams would foster collaboration and improve overall operational efficiency. Expanding its integration capabilities would undoubtedly make Nextiva VoIP an even more compelling solution for businesses seeking a versatile and interconnected communication platform.

New version of application loses all contact phone numbers. No way to port contact numbers

Reviewed on 2022/12/01

I have been using Nextiva for about 5 years. Phone service is good. Some issues, but the were usually resolved. (getting to support can take a long time) Now they are upgrading their desktop app to a new version NextivaOne. When you upgrade they try to move your stored contacts to the new version. The problem is that they only port "Personal Phone Number" to the new app. To clarify: When you create a contact in the current app you can enter Display Name, First Name, Last Name, Work Phone, Extension, Mobile Phone, Personal Phone and more. They only port "Display Name" and "Personal Phone" (the last phone number in the form). They don't port "Work Phone" (the first phone number in the form) All my personal phone numbers are blank. This means that it ports Display Name , but no phone number. This is a phone app. They are unwilling to create a utility to export contacts. They are unwilling to add a little code to the port that would find one phone numberif "Personal Phone" is blank (this is supposed to be a business application, why would I have only personal phone numbers?) I contacted their support. They maintain that there is "NO WAY" to do this. Really? It is perhaps a dozen lines of code to copy a different phone number if "Personal Phone" is blank. If I have to re-enter all my contacts, perhaps it is time to go shopping for a better VOIP service.

Pros

Phone quality is fine. App for PC and Mobile Phone. Works with VOIP handset.

Cons

Response from Nextiva

Hello, ProFixSales. Thank you so much for sharing your review with us.

We appreciate your feedback as our team is actively making improvements and deploying bug fixes to our apps. If there's anything we can help you with, please feel free to send us an email at [email protected], mentioning your feedback and we'll make sure to have our support team get back to you ASAP with assistance.

Thank you.

Kris
  • Industry: Wholesale

Gone down hill fast

Reviewed on 2023/04/12

Pros

Up to 5 months ago I would have given Nextiva 5 stars and recommended 100% to anyone. However the system has gone backwards 25 years in the systems app since its new app role outs and as a phone company they don't seem to care. It used to be if they had an issue it was fixed with in hours. An example of Nextiva's current sub par systems and customer service is the vmail part of its phone app update didn't work on non apple products. Nextiva's response after playing dumb about the issue "that will be fixed in next few months" 5 weeks later it was fixed. Now they roll out a new app that doesn't list caller ID in phone logs unless you have the caller in your contacts...What good is that? The company doesn't seem to have an urgency to any issues in its system and rolls out apps that just half work. The developers diffidently don't understand basic phone system needs and over look large issues. Mistakes happen but you can't be a company offering a mission critical product that only partly works, not thoroughly test updates for issues, and not fix issues with urgency. I truly hope someone reads this in the organization to return your company to its service levels of the past because after several issues in the core system I'm sure we are not the only customers that are starting to wonder about changing.

Cons

Outlined above -I truly hope someone reads this in the organization to return your company to its service levels of the past because after several issues in the core system I'm sure we are not the only customers that are starting to wonder about changing.

Jean
Jean

Nextiva delivered for our business

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

1. What a difference a new system can make on your business. Now, phone calls are going to the right individual in their department. Before using a VoIP service, our whole system was a mess. We had no department structure regarding calls, and they were being answered by the closest person to the main phone in their department. The quality of the service is great, too. Every call has been crystal clear, and no dropped calls.
2.) Easy to use for our company. We have several employees that range from their mid-20s to 50s. After a week of using the NextOs; they all understand how to use the phone, and the app. The app has added a new communication layer for our business. It's gave all our employees the ability to chat with each other on the app and eliminated the need to text on a personal cell phone.
3.) So far if we have any questions, we have a support representative that we can email or call with any questions. The whole concept of a VoIP phone system can be intimating, but the on-boarding process made it a lot smoother and easy for our IT department.
4.) A neat feature that we just started to use is Nextiva Analytics. It provides you with all the data that you need to analyze your calls. You can see the various data regarding your calls and do business adjustments. It’s like a top overview of your call data.
5.) From our first sale’s call to when we call now, everyone has been professional and polite at Nextiva. We are comfortable with their service, and their team. We

Cons

What we liked least about using Nextiva is the onboarding process took a bit longer than we expected. We had a delay porting our numbers to Nextiva. Beside this small headache, we have had smooth sailing.

Brian
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

False Reviews, Deceptive Company, Stay far away

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

Nextiva is deceitful and fraudulently renew contracts without notification or clients’ consent. They force you into a forever constant renewal that matches your original contract and will force for a termination fee which is equal to the remainder of your contract. When disputing their renewal no one with authority will reach out and continue to bill your card on file. Stay far away from this company, their service is spotty and will attempt to lock you into an Auto-renewal trap. Do the research on Nextiva, these are ongoing issues like many others are having. Make sure to do your research, other review sites are warning of individuals or entities associated with or having interest in Nextiva have been reporting fake and inauthentic reviews to increase their reviews score. As stated before, just stay away from this company, there are many of other reputable companies that won’t waste your time and money.

Pros

Cloud based service to allow phones used anywhere from office to home office. However, this is the same with other providers.

Cons

1. Service is spotty, Calls get dropped, Phones disconnect from service, Voice Packets get lost.
2. Forever ongoing contract auto-renewals without notifications to the client.
3. Account representative do not return calls or emails when within 3 months of contract ending. However, are available once the Auto-renew your contract. How convenient for them.

Response from Nextiva

Hello Brian, we appreciate you making us aware of your experience. We're sorry to hear you've had trouble with calls dropping, the contract renewal, and getting timely responses from our team. We want to resolve these issues for you and make this right.

Alberto

Reliable Service and Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2023/11/27

To put it simply: Nextiva services allow our team to keep in touch with one another with minimal disruption. This is vital to the success of any growing operation and has, undoubtedly, lent greatly to our growth as an organization. Despite the concerns I've expressed, I find Nextiva to be a greatly reliable and extremely professional connected communications company, and I'm very thankful I've been able to rely on their services and support team so heavily in my years working with them.

Pros

Out of all of the third-parties our company works with, Nextiva's Support Team is by far the most reponsive, patient, and understanding group I've had the pleasure of working with. Their Support Team is well-versed, knowledgable, and flexible, and it seems my issues always get resolved the very first time I reach out to them for support.

Cons

While their Nextiva / NextOS Voice portal is certainly not the worst administrative interface I've worked in, I do find that it's a bit confusing attempting to locate where a phone number or extension is hiding: having to jump around between the 'auto attendant', 'call groups', 'call center locations', and 'users' and manually search through each section is a more time consuming process than I feel it needs to be.

Cade
  • Industry: Automotive

A Seamless Communication Experience

Reviewed on 2023/11/06

Nextiva VOIP stands as a beacon of excellence in the realm of business communication. Its intuitive interface, flawless voice quality, feature diversity, responsive customer support, and reliability make it a top choice for businesses seeking a seamless communication experience. While the pricing might be a consideration for some, the benefits it offers in terms of efficiency, professionalism, and productivity far outweigh the costs. Nextiva VOIP is not just a service; it's a strategic investment that empowers businesses to thrive in the modern digital landscape.

Pros

In today's fast-paced business world, effective communication is the cornerstone of success. Nextiva VOIP emerges as a seamless solution, redefining the way businesses connect, collaborate, and communicate. Having extensively tested this innovative service, I am compelled to share my experience in this comprehensive review.

Cons

Nextiva VOIP offers a wealth of features that cater to diverse business needs. From advanced call routing and detailed analytics to integrations with popular CRM platforms, the service goes above and beyond basic telephony. What sets Nextiva apart is its customization options, allowing businesses to tailor the system to their specific requirements seamlessly.