Nextiva Reviews

Simplifying Business Communication

Suzi
Suzi
  • Industry: Semiconductors

Great communication tool with good customer service.

Reviewed on 2023/04/24

On the whole, I couldn't be happier with how well Nextiva has worked out for me. In spite of the uncommon platform troubles, I have no hesitation in recommending Nextiva to businesses who are looking for a reliable method of communicating with their customers and employees

Pros

Nextiva's support team is available 24/7/365, including holidays and after hours. Members of the support staff are knowledgeable, helpful, and polite. The best part about getting help is that they will work with you to find a solution, rather than just handing you a set of instructions that you may or may not be able to follow. The phone system and service are reliable and available at all times.

Cons

Basically nothing. Since we've been using Nextiva for years and it's served us well, I've opted to keep it for internal calls and for the advanced functionality that our business software lacks.

Response from Nextiva

Hello, Suzi. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review. We're delighted to read your feedback - thanks for the love and if anything comes up, feel free to reach out!

Erica

Small Business Companion

Reviewed on 2024/04/10

The overall experience has been surprisingly easy and comfortable with minimal hardship. The sales representative to the phone technician and customer service representatives has restored my hope that not all businesses are out to get your money while providing fractured customer service.

Pros

Nextiva is knowledge in their industry and product providing our company with an easy set-up and a system that is fairly easy to use.

Cons

The phone that was sent is of subpar standard and we were not informed of the additional cost to have it wireless. Be sure if you port numbers you let the set up representative know if it is a cell phone number or not.

Thomas
Thomas
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Acceptable Service Experience Totally Let Down By Apps

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

The sales and initial implementation were fine. Shortly after activating, a tech "cleaned up" some settings in my configuration which completely disabled my service. Tech support in that case was prompt and thorough, although they never did call back as promised to make sure everything was fixed. Customer support since then has been a mixed bag. The online configuration is daunting and not something the average user should venture into. I have a computer background and still found it confusing.

The service itself (once configured properly) mostly worked fine and if you're using physical phones your experience may be different. However, I wanted to rely on the Windows and Android apps. They are functional, but not friendly. In the best cases, the apps require more steps to do things than should be necessary.

For example, to add a contact from a caller ID record in the Windows app, you have to first add the number to contacts and then edit the contact to change the name, rather than just being able to add & edit in one step. There's no way to add contacts in bulk. The Outlook plug-in is broken and simply doesn't work. It's impossible to initiate an SMS message to a new contact; you have to have the contact text you first. You can't set a default view for the app.

The online faxing is not integrated into the phone system and has a 1980s interface. The Android app has it's own problems.

Pros

The voice service, once configured properly, generally worked fine. I had some rare glitches, but not sure whether they were Nextiva's fault.

Cons

The Windows and Android softphone apps are sub-par and make no effort to make the customer's life easier. Online fax interface is clunky and out-of-date. Video conferencing is complicated. Software is cluttered with team features I don't need that I can't hide. Configuration is complex and easy to break. Can't initiate SMS texts (contact has to text you first) and no MMS texting. Expensive for what you get.

Response from Nextiva

Hello Thomas, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you've found the Nextiva app difficult to use at times. We want to help resolve this issue for you.

Brian
  • Industry: Law Practice

service good when it worked

Reviewed on 2024/02/26

good for a while but too many problems so we switched away

good for a while but too many problems so we switched away

Pros

the phone service was good in that it allowed phones to reach in multiple offices simultaneously.

Cons

We had chronic problems customer service was unable to fix making service no longer useable and we switched to another company.

Tom
  • Industry: Market Research

Nextiva - Great Value

Reviewed on 2024/04/24

Excellent. Easy to install and configure the phone app. Would recommend.

Excellent. Easy to install and configure the phone app. Would recommend.

Pros

I liked that I could port my voice and FAX numbers without additional charge. The base pricing is excellent ... better than their competitors. Onboarding was excellent. Very satisfied!

Cons

After onboarding, there were some voicemail settings that had to be tweaked, but not a huge deal. I wish the FAX interface was a part of the APP and not a separate web-based platform, but again, easily worked around.

RingCentral Contact Center and eFax

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

Their cost was way too high for the services I was receiving.

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

Porting existing numbers was free and Nextiva was much lower cost.
Elle
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Worth the ime and effort

Reviewed on 2024/04/24

Pros

Easy to use once you get through the set up process; customer service is pretty thorough and easy to access

Cons

the set up and implementation is very difficult and time consuming especially when moving over form one platform to Nextiva as a small company

Ramona
  • Industry: Law Practice

Excellent customer service and product!

Reviewed on 2024/04/18

We truly enjoy our new system and everyday we master how to use it. We are very gald for the customer service backup and accessibility!

Pros

Excellent customer service, as each agent is knowledgeable and able to answer a gamut of questions. System takes practice to master, but agents are always willing to help, and thwy are easy to reach.

Cons

Learning curve is more challenging than expected. Phone queues and buttons are not very intuitive but we will practice.

Daniel

Easy to setup and easy to use

Reviewed on 2024/04/24

It's been Great so far, everything ported over easy enough and it was nice to be able to administer the phone system myself instead of having to call a programmer for changes and updates.

Pros

Support was there every time I needed it and was quick to resolve issue or answer questions.

Cons

The computer prompts when you call in don't give you enough time to enter your Nextiva phone number!

Insley

Nextiva Does It Again!

Reviewed on 2024/04/25

I give you an 8 Nextiva, which is only because I haven't tried the other Services provided by Nextiva.

Pros

Going above and beyond is truly Customer Service! Thanks Nextiva.

Cons

Never knew I could get a better rate until some time had passed but Nextiva was excited to assist with a new lower rate

John
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Allied Packaging Communication

Reviewed on 2024/04/05

Over all, the system functions nicely. The PolyEdge 550 is an awesome product . I'm recommending this to my other coworker.

Pros

Functionality, mobility and it's #1 customer support.

Cons

Nextiva One app. I dreaded having to use this on a daily bases.

Sarah
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Mobile app is super easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

The quality of service is unmatched. The app is super easy to use, and keeps me organized. The service is great, I have never had difficulty with my calls. The customer service is excellent, staff is patient, friendly, and eager to help. Overall, Nextiva has helped me be more efficient in my business and I know it has helped my colleagues within our company as well.

Pros

Mobile app is easy to navigate, never gives me any trouble.

Cons

That I didn’t switch over sooner, it would have saved me a lot more business.

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

My calls were getting dropped constantly, and every time I called for help, I was put on hold by representatives that were impatient and didn’t get my problems resolved. Bad service and bad customer service hurt my business.

Gregg
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

A good phone system, but could be better.

Reviewed on 2021/10/21

Pros

Mostly, I like that it works. I don’t get complaints from my people like I did with our previous Dialpad system. Free high-quality desk phones was a juice bonus. Not a difficult system to learn or use as a user.

Cons

No voicemail transcription! Difficult to change call trees by yourself (but customer service does it happily and quickly for you). My personal white whale - the iOS app does not work (refuses to sign in) on my iPhone or iPad because it doesn’t like my wifi router (or some such BS).

RingEX and Vonage Business Communications

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

Dialpad continuously sent calls straight to voicemail even when people were ready and waiting to receive the call. That’s bad business right there.

Dialpad

Response from Nextiva

Hello Gregg, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the switch to Nextiva and the ease of use that comes with it. We appreciate your feedback on voicemail transcription and the mobile app will make our team aware of the issue and work to improve this for you in the future.

Jon
  • Industry: Automotive

Reliability is a cornerstone of Nextiva's service.

Reviewed on 2023/09/14

What truly sets Nextiva apart is its unwavering dedication to call quality. Crystal-clear voice connections and a near absence of dropped calls have become the norm. This consistency is vital for maintaining a professional image and forging strong client relationships.

Pros

Nextiva doesn't just provide a service; they deliver an entire communication ecosystem. Their extensive feature set, including auto-attendants, call forwarding, and voicemail-to-email transcription, empowers businesses of all sizes. This comprehensive suite of tools has allowed my team to work efficiently, regardless of where we are located.

Cons

I have had very little issues with Nextiva.

Aaron
  • Industry: Photography

Amazing VOIP service provider for small business

Reviewed on 2023/09/21

My overall experience with nextiva has been beyond exceptional. Any time I’ve ever had an issue or technical difficulties which most of the time it was on my end I would either call my rep, which of course I forgot to mention that above when I signed up, I was assigned a representative that whenever I had any issues I give them a call directly instead of calling the one 800 number and that was amazing, I did not have to wait around. I just gave them a call and they fix my issues.

Pros

The biggest reason why I even chose a nextiva is because of the pricing options that they have along with the features of the phone service, because there are a couple services that I looked at that charge extra for a lot of the features that next Eva has included with the relatively low pricing and it is something that is definitely 100% appreciate it But this phone service helps me separate my personal and business calls on my cell phone and the best part is it makes our small company look like a multi million dollar corporation when clients call us or even if we just need to transfer them over to a different person. It sounds very professional when I tell them I need to route their call to another Line

Cons

There’s not very many cons I do think if there was anything, of course I would wish there would be a slight cheaper option but for everything that you get with nextiva and their pricing options, it’s already at a great price so there’s not really a con but I think every company would like to see cheaper and cheaper options from different providers but again no con

Grasshopper and RingCentral Engage Voice

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

There are a lot of different reasons, but I was using the free Google voice option, which is great for not having a budget at the time but it’s impossible to separate business and personal calls. Even though you get a call on the Google voice app, it either comes through as Google voice on the caller ID, or just as a regular phone number and it’s impossible to know if it’s routing from the Google Voice app or if it’s just a personal call that was a huge downside for me and one of the major reasons I switched all of the extra features were just Benifits , but now I can’t see myself without

Google Voice

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

The biggest reason was price. The representative that I talked about nextiva was able to give me a really good pricing option that had way more features than RingCentral, and there were a couple of extra add-ons that I didn’t know about with RingCentral that would essentially make the pricing equal two or more than I was going to pay at nextiva, so it literally made it useless for their cheapest option in my opinion.
Cory
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Amazing Product

Reviewed on 2023/11/09

Overall our experience with Nextiva has been great.

Overall our experience with Nextiva has been great.

Pros

What really makes any company is customer service and support. If we can't figure something out or are having issues their support team is always very quick to fix the issue and always have a good attitude.

Cons

Because we use the call center and call recording functionality some of the sites are hard to get to. Especially being a HIPAA secure account.

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

We needed a solution that was easy to use, affordable, and had cloud capabilities so our lead staff could work from home if needed.

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

Their customer service and support was better than anyone else I spoke with. If I had a question they couldn't answer they either got me one by the end of the call or they scheduled a call with someone that could answer the questions.
Joseph
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent Small to Medium VOIP Business Solution

Reviewed on 2023/11/29

Nextiva has proven to be an exceptional solution for our franchise from a VP of Technology perspective. Initially, it served as a consolidated solution, delivering not only cost savings but also a user-friendly interface. Over time, it evolved into a product offering outstanding support and customizable configurations tailored to our business needs. Additionally, we are exploring the integration of conversational AI to propel our business to new heights. In conclusion, Nextiva stands out as an excellent choice for small to medium-sized businesses and potentially extends its value to enterprises.

Pros

Easy to use, cost effective, great support and many integrations.

Cons

Could use improvements in reporting, support can get a little backed up at times and a little too much turnover of account managers.

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

All previous services had poor support, high prices and not near the features Nextiva offered.
Beth
  • Industry: Accounting

Best Money We've Spent On Communications

Reviewed on 2023/12/08

It has been pretty seamless. The setup went smoothly and was pretty much taken care

Pros

The fact that it is an answer for so many of our communication needs: Phone, Fax, Crm and Texting.

Cons

The text was a little bit hard to get set up on my mobile phone.

Act! and RingEX

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

Because AT&T's customer service was non-existent.

AT&T Workforce Manager

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

They were easier to do business with and the price was better for the amount of service we were receiving.
Jamie

Buyer Beware

Reviewed on 2024/01/29

0/10 when it comes to their customer service. Sketchy sales practices at best, account managers while nice tow the company line and will only offer solutions that cost you.
7/10 for the product/software--we are finding glitches within our call flows when working with tech support more often than not our call flows are interrupted due to internal updates on their side of things to the software causing our phone system to go down therefore costing us business.

Pros

With their software we were able to achieve our goals of routing calls for all 14 of our salons to one centralized location.

Cons

Their sales process is aggressive, and they try to make you move quick to sign. Read the fine print on their contracts. There is not an out if you are oversold licensing by their sales team. If you are oversold licenses by their sales team, they will try to ping you with an early removal fee. Upon seeing this we went rounds and rounds with account managers to get the extra licensing we were told we needed by the sales team removed. The process of removing the extra licensing took us from August 2023 to it finally happening in January of 2024, all the while we were being charged for those licenses. When we initially brought this to Nextiva's attention they told us that we were the ones that requested this. This wasn't true, we spoke with the sales team about our company needs/size/operations, and they told us that we needed for number of licenses. How could we know with no prior experience working with their company. We had to go through call after call/meeting after meeting/follow up email after follow up email to get some sort of resolution. In this time, we were passed through to two different account managers and had to start the process all over again. We were always waiting on "approval" from hire up. Be warned, their contracts have an auto renew clause hidden in the fine print which is a link at the bottom of the contracts not even fully explained in the contract unless you click the link.

Aaron
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

2 Years With Nextiva

Reviewed on 2024/01/29

Overall its been pleasent, the documentation is throrough theyve been quick to help with any issues that aren't arelady addressed.

Pros

Overall experience is palletable, theyre quick to answer any questions and support is avaiblbe 24x7. There hasn't been an issue they have not been able to resolve, our business deals with calls first and foremost, its important that our customers can reach a live person 24/7 and Nextiva systems allows for just that.

Cons

Purely from an administrative standpoint, i would like to have the option to procure more licenses for users at my descretion, along with being able to manually set a password for a user to log into the nextiva app.
For now my only options are to send a "resetpassword" email link

Pat

Nextiva VoiP Service

Reviewed on 2023/12/04

Overall we have had a positive experience with Nextiva. The support staff assigned to our Agency has always been very helpful and quick to respond to our issues. We have not experienced many issues with the phones but the app could use some attention.

Pros

Set up is very easy. The online Administrator Portal is very user-friendly and allows us to maintain our phone schedules as we need to, and the User Management function allows us to make changes quickly as they occur.

Cons

The Nextiva App needs more attention as we experience issues with it frequently. It's a wonderful feature when it is working properly but we see a lot of staff opting to not use it due to the issues experienced.

Amy

Grateful for Nextiva

Reviewed on 2023/11/27

So far so good. We don't expect any VOIP service to be perfect and some will have glitches. We haven't had near as many failed calls since we switched to Nextiva.

Pros

Ease of using the system, and the customer support they offer.

Cons

The mobile app will not allow me to delete voicemails.

ServiceTitan

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

Continued dropped calls. Technicians were not able to make calls in the field from the mobile application. The customer support was horrible to deal with and difficult to understand.

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

Pricing and ease of use. The demo was easy to understand and very knowledgeable to answer all of our questions.
Bella
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Nextiva has improved our services!

Reviewed on 2023/09/13

Overall, I love Nextiva, and I really can't complain. Nextiva has improved our communications at work.

Pros

I love how we only need one phone number. The app is amazing and you can answer phones even if you are not at your desk. It also improved invoices. Before we needed so many service providers to cover all our 80 offices, and now we only need Nextiva.

Cons

While Nextiva generally provides good call quality, sometimes in certain geographic locations or with specific internet connections, I have experienced call quality issues, such as dropped calls or audio problems, but I believe that is something that also happens to other services.

• Industry: Industrial Automation
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Making a tough transition easy

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

In general, the business has been really happy with the Nextiva system, the final costs, timing and functionality all fit what we asked for upfront. As an older business, we know that this is a rare result and we appreciate that Nextiva was able to honor our requirements and make sure the solution was exactly as we needed it. Technology today is extremely more complex than when our business was founded and there is often a lack of respect for the simplicity, and often antiquated nature of how we did things (and sometimes still do) with Nextiva we felt that our contacts were able to meet us where we were and ensure that we got what we needed without all the time and energy spent on talking about ideals and how it “should be” we don’t have that luxury and as a profitable business we don’t need to and are unable to work in the same way as younger more dynamic organizations. We still have to service our customers and keep things stable and maintain high quality service. Nextiva was instrumental at improving where we needed to focus, and they did it without interrupting our core business. Our customers will gain from these investments and our business is better set up for continued growth and prosperity in 2019.

Pros

Nextiva have really made a hard transition much easier. Our systems were way out of date and we needed a high level review and rebuild of our existing coms set up. Not a small feat. The system we had been working with had not been updated for about ten years, at least, and the result was a Frankenstein. We had integrated various tools to drag out the lifespan of the existing system. The Nextiva team were able to come in and assess the situation as well as build a solution that covered all our needs. We were involved in the process and the result was an ideal case, something that we thought wouldn’t be possible given timing and budgetary constraints. Nextiva really came to the table with a complete and fitting solution. I can’t say how they do it but their team are really well versed in the technology. They understand the issues with making a transition and they’re obviously experienced they are able to foresee and offset issues before they come up. They are a full stack solution. I can’t recommend them highly enough. Another benefit of Nextiva is they have developed tools that are super easy to learn. This is big for us as we have to invest a lot of time and energy into training our staff on new software and technology.
. When tools are easy to learn and use as a first timer, it saves us a lot of money. We found the team were able to jump into the system, get online and get to work without any interruption at all.

Cons

The only con I can really think of is the lack of ability to integrate with some of our older systems. We had some tools we wanted to keep that we had updated only a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, due to their limitations we were unable to keep them as a part of our set up. It’s unfortunate as they were expensive and supposed to last for a long time. Plus, training and implementing new tools takes a huge effort so where we didn’t think we needed to we would have preferred to keep things the same. However, I think it’s a tough call because in our case there was the fundamental VoIP service that needed to be switched out and then all the services that connected onto that had to work too. In some cases, Nextiva was able to integrate but in others we had to launch another solution. I don’t think they were unreasonable; it was just a natural downside of large upgrade.

Donny
Donny

Tricked by Nextiva

Reviewed on 2023/07/18

I liked Nextiva in the beginning, everything was user friendly, after about a year it started changing. They would only sell me their brand phones and they set my account to a long term and set it to autorenew. The service was unexceptable and when trying to leave the company they wanted $3000. I feel like their business plan is to lock customers into a plan with a high early termination fee and this is how they will retain business. People need to know what their getting into with Nextiva.

Pros

The dashboard was user friendly and easy to use.

Cons

We had a lot of problems with dropped calls. The Nextiva Anywhere app system just failed completely, we couldn't use it. The technical support was impossible to get on the phone and not helpful when they did get on the phone. When I tried to close my account they wanted to charge me $3000, they claimed that I auto renewed a 36 months agreement, I didn't set this account to auto renew.

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

Wanted to use a internet phone system

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

I read better reviews online.
Bruce

Buyer beware!

Reviewed on 2024/04/02

This is from Nextiva in response to a customer: Here at Nextiva we pride ourselves on our honesty and Amazing Service, and we strive to deliver both on every customer interaction.
My experience with Nextiva is the company couldn't rent ethical standards, let alone own them. Now that I have performed research I should have done before choosing Nextiva, I find numerous complaints about Nextiva's deceptive business practice of having a customer sign a simple 2 page contract, while referring them to their 10 page online Terms & Conditions wherein they divulge the secret of their success: auto renewal.
Quite frankly, I'm shocked there hasn't been a class action suit against them.

Pros

After 3 years, the negatives so far outweighed any positives that I can't think of anything good to say about Nextiva or their service.

Cons

Their approach to business appears to be: lure the customer in, demand a 3-year contract, hide the part about auto renewal, provide just average level service, hire less than competent support staff to handle customer complaints, and hope the customer doesn't become aware of the auto renewal gimmick before the end of the contract term.

Response from Nextiva

Hi Bruce,

I hear your frustration and I am here to help. I want to better understand what I can do to improve your Nextiva experience, and make up to you the negative you have experienced thus far. Please reach out to me directly at [email protected], and I will do everything I can to help and make this up to you.

Thomas from Nextiva