Gluu.biz Reviews

Gluu.biz

Succeed with your Business Processes.

4.6/5 (18 reviews)

Amazing platform for process optimization!

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

I have used Gluu to digitalize workflows for several of our customers. The overall benefits we gained by using Gluu has been the reduced turnaround time. Generally caused by the decreasing number of mistakes and especially the smooth hand-over of tasks between different roles in the organization.

Pros

The ease of use and how it provided our organization with a platform that could map processes, clearly made a difference. Although, the biggest argument in favour of Gluu might be its ability to streamline workflows and hence reducing defects. By designing your own standard processes in Gluu, where you can add different instructions, checklists and roles, Gluu thereby enables you to ensure high quality processes.
All the above combined with a great user interface - provide you with a strong platform!

Cons

My experience with Gluu so far, has entailed limited cons. Since most of the features that I missed in the beginning, were later released. The only minor thing is that Gluu builds upon a process understanding which you then need to establish at your organization. An element which I also perceive as an advantage for Gluu, since a common language can then be established.

Response from gluu

Thanks for this review. We're happy that you're seeing value from your company's implementation.

Maiken B.

Great process platform!

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

We now have one place, where all employees enter all internal and to some extend external processes, and both new employees and people taking over new task areas can go in and read everything through. It saves us for a lot of time when running in new employees, and we can answer many questions from colleagues with "it's in Gluu", which helps bringing down our administration costs also.

Gluu has to some extend helped us in our GDPR compliance also. Documenting the internal processes helped us visualise where to make improvements, which where easier to do afterwards.

The support team is doing a great job in helping us, and they mostly answer right after writing them via their chat.

Pros

The option to standardise processes and get an easy overview per department, business area and role. The role division of each process really helps us to make a clear overview of tasks and responsibilities of each employee.

Cons

The drawing tool is not fully automated, and we are missing a lot of features there. Luckily, the support team us super helpful and good at suggesting workarounds and entering our suggestions as product ideas.

Response from gluu

Thanks for this review!

Rasmus steen M.

Intelligent way to drive business processes in our daily operation

Reviewed on 2018/12/29

We have been able to Re-Design, optimize and standardize our core processes with less failure and a uniform performance based on the same great fundament. This allows our employees to focus on the task and skip several non-value creating activities.

Pros

Core processes are about to be standardized - and as our organization execute our tasks and projects on the Gluu platform, we are about to skip manual and slow cooperation and gain an easy, documented, high-level performance within our processes and tasks. Thanks to Gluu to bring life into our processes.

Cons

The software is a generic tool. Therefore you can't ask for very individual adaptions. On the other hand, if we could, it would never be available for such a low price. However, the Gluu Team are helpful to develop elements that fit the generic philosophy.

Response from gluu

Really happy to hear when consulting partners are succeeding with using Gluuu.

Rod U.

Gluu is a Must Try Paperless Process Application

Reviewed on 2014/06/17
Review Source

I really like Gluu's elegant simplicity. It is precisely what I thought it would be and that is great.

In my mind, it almost seems crazy to say, because it is so self evident. However, since the late 80s, I have spent considerable amounts of time simply educating decision makers about why and how process mapping can improve the organisation.

Gluu takes this notion to the next level and provides a vehicle for organisations to reflect on their processes in a dynamic way. However, if people don't get why process mapping is important, (or are defensive or fearful of it), to begin with, they won't get the significance of Gluu as an organisational tool.

I highly recommend trying it out. Why not, the first four processes are free so it is an app you can play around with. For any 'start up' or small business this is a must have process solution to help you turbo charge process improvement into the future.

Rod Upward
Organisational Development / Biz Transformation Consultant

Pros

Elegant simplicity
Makes reflecting upon and updating organisational processes a breeze
Makes collaborating on, reviewing and enhancing organisational processes a pleasure
Able to access and use one to four processes for free without a time limit.

Cons

None, unless your organisation is of the 'command and control' variety - that does not want to engage its people and process owners heads and hearts - in continuously improving.

Response from Gluu

Much appreciated. Since this review was posted we have enhanced our rights management as well as the ability to review change logs and roll back. A few treats for those that do want and need control with formal work instructions

A Starting Point for Managing your Business Processes

Reviewed on 2018/04/28
Review Source

Pros

Gluu is an easy to use and still actively developed business process management tool with a reasonable pricing. After comparing many tools in the market, we choose Gluu for mapping and documenting our business processes.
This tool is easy to use which enhanced the productivity of mapping, documenting and editing the processes we put into this system. It encourages the whole team to take part and contribute to the whole process mapping tasks.

The business development team from Gluu is also helpful at each stage of our process management project. They understand what we need, sharing their insights, and answering our queries in timely bases. They even collaborate with us when they are developing new features.

I'm excited that I have found Gluu for managing our processes, and I would recommend this tool for anyone who starts to manage their internal processes.

Cons

The tool is more internal based, it would be good if it has a portal for external users' participation.

I'm looking forward to seeing Gluu has more integration options with other business systems.

Gwen M.

Business Processing Mapping for SME's

Reviewed on 2014/06/18
Review Source

Although I have had experience with large BPM projects in other countries using tools such as ARIS, QPR, Intalio, VISIO etc., these are not options for the smaller company i.e. SME. The political and economic environment in Zimbabwe is challenging and I need something that will allow me to map and document existing processes quickly, simply and cost effectively. I am trying to engender a fairly detailed level of understanding of the key activities/processes, clarify roles and develop process ownership and accountability from a small, relatively unsophisticated user base. I am also developing job descriptions for each role as I go along…as part of an evolving performance management system.

I am delighted and excited to have found Gluu.biz to facilitate all of this, and so am doing a proof of concept for the Owner-MD, using one or two focus areas. We intend to then upgrade to allow us to work through more processes. By the way, I see a huge market here for this tool and so will be looking at it for some more of my clients in time…

Pros

* Quick and easy to use
* Allows all relevant process information to be stored in one place (central repository)
* Socially interactive structure engenders participation & idea generation
* Affordable

Cons

* Internet access is not available to all business owners / key users and so an ability to print or produce a document (Standard Operating Procedure) is still required in some instances.

Response from Gluu

Thank you for this review! We have now enhanced our printing features to make it easier in those work situations where there is no internet access.

Søren S.

Great search options

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/14

If it is entered in GLUU, chances are that you are going to find it when searching for it. This is the most important trait in my opinion. The diagrams are good, and service is responsive.

Pros

The search ability of the items is great. One of the biggest pros against the old solution.

Cons

The options to print the swimming lane diagrams can be somewhat tricky at times. The breadcrumbs stop before the main view, making it hard to detect the overall source

Response from gluu

Thanks for the review and input - we'll consider the suggested features.

7.0/10
Meindert V.

Gluu is a perfect ISO tool

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/18

We use Gluu for creating and sharing our processes flows within our organization, covering the ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 requirements. All processes will be shared role-based which means that everybody will only see relevant processes instead of the whole bunch. Great tooling!

Pros

Creating & sharing processes within your organization has never been easier

Cons

The editor for editing process flows might me enhanced with additional features

Response from gluu

Thanks for this review - your input wrt. the editor is noted!

Janke B.

Starting the improvement journey

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Getting best-practise to every level in the organisation without becoming a paperwork nightmare.

Pros

The software is really easy to use. I was looking for software that can be used by everyone in the company without needing one-on-one training. Gluu is self-explanatory.

Cons

Drawing the lines between activities initially irritated me, because I accidentally made "kinks" in them the whole time, but I am used to them now.

Response from gluu

Thanks so much for this review!

Billy H.

The software is an effective way to formalise your processes, and customer support is always on hand

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Documentation of all my processes so anyone can do the job

Pros

The process documentation / swimlane diagram drawing tool is really effective, and the ability to have documentation behind each activity in a process is invaluable. Also, the customer support is extremely good.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit fiddly when saving process documents, and it takes a little while to get used to the process drawing tool.

Jim r. W.

Reviewed on 2015/03/12
Review Source

Gluu is great for getting top management and process owners involved in quality management. I have 20 years experience with quality management in the food industry (ISO 22000 & ISO 9001), occupational health and safety (OHSAS 18001) and environmental management (ISO 14001). The challenge has always been how to engage colleagues beyond the quality function and how to ensure continuous improvement. Gluu is a great tool for making this easier. I can highly recommend it to quality managers.

Response from Gluu

We're happy for your vote of confidence. Most of our users don't perceive Gluu as a quality management platform. For them it is the place where co-workers collaborate on the common way of working.

Marianne M.

Gluu

Reviewed on 2015/05/12
Review Source

“We have recently started on our journey towards continuous improvement here at Bisnode. Gluu will be our collaboration and communication platform to ensure a common way of working. It is very easy to use. Managers in all functions are about to start mapping processes with their teams. Everyone is excited about this engaging and collaborative approach. It will prepare us for value stream analysis and elimination of waste. It's a good platform with good support."

Pros

userfriendly, easy to implement

Response from Gluu

We're looking forward to supporting your journey towards continuous improvement. The road is challenging but the rewards can be great.

Thomas R.

Excellent tool

Reviewed on 2015/03/11
Review Source

I've worked with a lot of business process software. With Gluu I have finally found a simple, basic combination of lean management, process mapping and communications. It's so simple to use and implement. I can recommend it to those that don't want to use Visio but still don't want to invest heavily in enterprise BPM software.

Pros

Easy to use and an excellent platform for documenting and communicating your processes.

Cons

I haven't found any yet.

Response from Gluu

Appreciate the good feedback. When you do find cons then submit them as ideas through our user feedback system. We take this very seriously.

Mikkel M.

Quick start to BPM

Reviewed on 2015/04/24
Review Source

To work collaboratively on the process change you need transparancy to reach af common understanding from the stakeholders. Of all the BPM solutions I know Gluu is by far the most easy to use and start. This matters since it allows you to develop a process oriented culture before you invest in any heavy duty software. Start simple and small with Gluu!

Response from Gluu

Thanks. Gluu has been tested with process hierarchies of up to 1.000 processes. So simple and small can be scalable also.

Sascha e.h. S.

Easier proces handling with Gluu

Reviewed on 2015/03/11
Review Source

“We're now transferring our process documentation from SharePoint, Word and Visio to Gluu. Gluu is much simpler to use, more visual and process documentation is much simpler to maintain. Everyone is getting involved. I can highly recommend this work platform - also to smaller companies such as TimeLog. It fits well with an ERP system such as TimeLog's"

Response from Gluu

Thanks. We're planning more integrations to ERP systems, so you target data can be included in your processes.

Fredrik B.

Great to work with

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Gluu makes it a lot easier to work together on business processes, work instructions and tasks. It has the right balance between being very flexible yet enforcing a common standard. I can highly recommend it to anyone that want to succeed with their process work."

Pros

Easy to use.
great overview of processes

Cons

The setup of task information and the process layout.
It can be diffecult to see where you at

Response from gluu

Thanks for this endorsement.

Gitte L.

Great supportteam

Reviewed on 2016/03/29
Review Source

Gluu's support team is great. They have been very nice, helpful and fun to work with during our start. They answer fast and always solved my issue. It's been a real pleasure.

Lanto R.

Good software

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/06/19

We put many processes on Gluu to make them more clear for workers

Pros

It's visually well-designed as a game! Many colors are available as well.

Cons

At first glance seems like complex software