Showing 186 reviews of 174

Online Time & Attendance Software for Small Businesses

Showing 186 reviews of 174
Miriam C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

An HR Solution for Timesheets and Time Tracking!

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

I tested TrackSmart for about a year before selecting it from among several others as our HR solution. It was the most fitting to our needs, our users didn't need any formal training in order to be able to use it, the price was within our budget, and we were finally able to do away with unsigned, handwritten timesheets. As a bonus, timesheets would now follow a proper review and approval process, and there is even a free downloadable app for users to be able to complete timesheets and request time off.

However, TrackSmart still has much room to grow, as many items we've been requiring of our ideal HR solution are still missing here. In particular, I have requested a field in each user's time bank to show how many vacation/sick/PTO/etc. they have for the year in total, as the program will only show you what you have accrued/available and what has been used, but no total of how much you will accrue for the year as a whole. It also does not automatically calculate California daily overtime, so our California timesheets must be manually calculated each week. Would also love to have a section on each user's dashboard for links to external websites and where documents may be uploaded to be shared with users upon login. The great thing is, through communication with TrackSmart's customer support team, they have been responsive in listening to their users and implementing changes as they are made aware of user needs.

All in all, with what TrackSmart currently delivers, and the promise of more great features to come, I am super pleased with the application and look forward to the future of our HR needs becoming easier to manage and track. Thanks!

Pros

Timesheet approval, detailed setup of time banks (PTO, Vacation, Sick, etc.), calendar option on the dashboard.

Cons

1 - Does not calculate daily overtime for California timesheets.
2 - No way of knowing how many Vacation/sick/PTO/etc. days in total you are allowed to receive for the year (only able to view what has been accrued/available and what has been used).
3 - Timesheets may only be saved/printed individually, not as a group.

Jocelyn K.

Convenient and affordable, but unreliable

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

The first couple of years this worked well, which was great since it's considerably less costly than most systems. However, during the past year an update was made to their system, and several times since, there have been random changes made to the numbers of hours that had been entered. The first time this happened, I thought I had done something. But the second time it happened, I started browsing their Help section, and there was a section saying that this had occurred due to an upgrade they'd done. I give their customer support 2 stars because I think this should have been sent out as an announcement as soon as it happened, rather than keeping this info buried in their help section. Also, the last (third time) this happened, when I contacted their support, I was told the problem had been "all fixed," when of course it had not. We are a small nonprofit so probably cannot afford a different system. Hopefully, they can at some point resolve this bug in their system. If they do, I would recommend the system as efficient and cost-effective. In the meantime, luckily, I always make sure figures in the system are accurate and make a hard copy a couple of days prior to the new year and a couple of days after so I have something solid to check against when these system errors arise.

Pros

It's easy to enter information and generate reports for a cost-effective fee compared to other systems.

Cons

It has been very unreliable due to a bug in the system which periodically causes it to arbitrarily change the number of hours that had been entered.

Tara S.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Tracksmart Attendance - needs some feature updates

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

We have not noticed any updates to Tracksmart since we began using it 3 years ago. I am considering looking for something else.

Pros

We have been using Track Smart for 3 years. Generally it is easy for employees to enter time and PTOs. The reports are ok.

Cons

If there is a change to be made, all employees have to come to the administrator to make the change.
I wish we could eliminate all the extra banks of time... we only use PTO so I have to go in a manage it every month if the supervisors don't select the correct bank.
PTOs for time off are counted on the first day of the time off. We pay bi-monthly so this has messed up some hourly workers - for example if an employee takes 5 days off and it starts on the 14th and ends on the 19th - all of the time off will go onto the 14th.
The Supervisors do not receive notification when a time sheet is submitted.

Kathleen L.

Fischer Connectors - Awesome Experience

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

We needed a solution to the paper tracking of PTO. After some research, TrackSmart was selected for a few reasons. First, the set up was easy from the start. Second, training was a breeze for our staff and everyone could use the app right away after the initial set up. I used the 30-day trial to test and worked with TrackSmart with questions. I knew after a week that we would benefit from this service. There is no another company out there (at the time of my membership) that fit the bill as far as price, service and overall options. I would recommend TrackSmart to any company that needs a solid and proven application for PTO tracking.

Pros

Ease of use, reporting structure, price, customer service

Cons

It would be good to know when any upgrades happen so companies can make sure they have downloaded accurate records prior to the upgrade. We had an issue with an upgrade that messed up our PTO totals. It took some time but we worked with TrackSmart to resolve.

Kris H.

Track Employee PTO

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

Pros

Employee's like the mobile app and how easy it is to request time off. As an administrator I like all the available reports and that I can download them as Excel documents for easy editing.

Cons

As an admin I don't like that we cannot modify the time off banks. The only one we use is "PTO" and I'm having to constantly go in and modify accepted time to reflect the correct time off bank otherwise the employee's accrual will be wrong.

Sharon V.

Can't live without TrackSmart

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

TrackSmart has been extremely helpful in tracking attendance for my employees. It is easy to navigate..simple to use and the customer service is amazing!

Pros

ease of use

Cons

sometimes it takes longer to load

Faith C.

New to Human Resources

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

Pros

Everything is in one place. I am new to HR and this program makes my job much easier so that I can work on other things and not have to worry about who or who did not give me a time sheet or a time off request because it is all here on this one program!

Cons

It is not very efficient for tracking accrual hours

Luke M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great tool for HR managers and similar professions.

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Great software for the price and it is easy to use regardless of computer skills.

Pros

It is very easy to manage and use. The report generator is a great add. The cost vs. other systems is good too.

Cons

When rolling this out in my facility, there was a bug in the system. The bug changed the number of hours that were previously entered. This made some very, very happy and other very, very mad. It has since been fixed but still not a great way to roll out new software.

Brenda B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Excellent Program

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

SmartTrack is a very user-friendly program. I have been using it for several years now. I have never had any issues with the program or with customer service.

Pros

User-friendly

Cara C.

Perfect for tracking time off!

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

We have been using TrackSmart for more than 3 years now and love it for tracking time off. The self-service options are great - employees can log in and easily request vacation, etc. and the requests don't get lost amongst all the other email that I receive. I love being able to roll over time when required, and the reporting functions are great for reconciling and reviewing at the end of each year.

Pros

Ease of time tracking - multiple time off banks - self-service functions - reports!

Raiko B.

Attendance Software Review

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

It has being good. Overall it is a great online software that permits you to control your firm employees absences.

Pros

Online, easy to use.

Cons

Expensive.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great product!

Reviewed on 2019/04/07

Pros

I loved how easy it was to track time and attendance. If something needed to be corrected it was an easy process. There was no guess work. I love it. Oh, and the time that i needed customer service, they were friendly, quick, and so efficient!

Cons

I honestly do not have any cons that I would be able to list. this is an excellent software program!

Angela W.

Tracksmart is great!

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

Pros

Tracksmart is great for small business! We have a staff of under 20 and use the Attendance to track time in and out for each employee.

Cons

Tracksmart is great the only thing I would change is the the way the 40hr week is split up. Once it's submitted you can't go back.

Deborah G.

Easy to use Attendance tracker

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

I love tracksmart attendance. The notes field is the most helpful and the reports are easy to run. I'm an HR department of 1, so this software makes my job easier.

Pros

ease of use, reporting features

Cons

sometimes the system is down

Barbara M.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Good Basic Attendance System

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

The system is good- tracks time, PTO etc. but lacks some functionality - such as not being able to approve things via a cell phone, and supervisors not being able to correct employee entry errors.

Pros

Ability to employees to enter timesheets and PTO requests via their phones

Cons

Lack of custom reports and Lack of ability of supervisors being able to approve timesheets on their phones

Mark S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Wonderful Site, Great Service

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

Truly love this site. Makes tracking time, vacations, anniversaries so easy and mistake free. Would recommend to everyone.

Pros

Easy use, time saver, little issues

Cons

Deleting employees takes a while and usually times out.

Rhonda B.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Basic user

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

We only use the attendance portion but find it helpful to have all request done through this program

Cons

Would love all features in one login

Amy B.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

Our total experience with tracksmart has been awesome. We can easily manage all our employees PTO from one location. Also excited about the ability to track our employees time cards.

Pros

Easy to use, has all the features we needed.

Cons

None. It's a wonderful program

Mark T.

Sound Vacation Tracking System

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

The only negative is most of my employees and myself have iMacs or iPads and it doesn't currently work with Safari.
I hope it is fixed soon.
Real hassle, my employees can't put in requests from home. Customer Support said to download Chrome, but most of my employees and myself do not want two browsers on our devices.

Pros

Cost

Cons

Slow and does not work with Safari currently.

Lisa N.

Pocket Hercules

Reviewed on 2016/12/19

TrackSmart is EXTREMELY convenient. I researched several companies before landing with TrackSmart and I am pleased with what they offer. Their vacation calculating is my only complaint; it seems overly complicated and does not function well for what I need, perhaps if this part of the service was more customizable? Thank you TrackSmart, you definitely helped my small company when we needed it.

Margaret C.

Good attendance tracker

Reviewed on 2016/12/19

TrackSmart is very useful and definitely, helps me track time off for my employees. I would be lost without it. I do wish more features were included for what we pay and it would be nice if the site worked much faster. That's the one thing that drives me crazy. I know it will take longer to open than other websites. Overall, a good product.

Kendra W.

Manager - Administration and Operations

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

TrackSmart has saved us from printing and delivering timesheets to over 40 employees every two weeks! You cannot beat the exceptional value that TrackSmart offers. We particularly love the time off request process - it was exactly how we envisioned it. We have been a happy customer for a couple of years!

Linda D.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Attendance Tracking Made Easy

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

We have been using TrackSmart for almost three years and it has made keeping track of employee vacation and sick time so easy. We appreciate the ease of use and the ability for employees to send attendance requests seamlessly.

Pros

easy to use

Cons

I cannot take off the PTO part of the software