Oktopost Reviews

Oktopost

Easily manage and measure all of your B2B social media

4.4/5 (54 reviews)

Great tool for social media marketers

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Overall, I love using this platform and it makes my life so much easier.

Pros

Oktopost is extremely user friendly. Its easy to create, schedule and get social messages approved. Has some nice collaboration features, and the tracking is great. Allows you to pull analytics by tags, social platforms, users etc. Also has an amazing advocacy platform that integrates into the rest of your social plan and allows you great visibility into who in your company is posting and what their contribution is in terms of how much traffic you get.

Cons

I find the feature of scheduling posts a bit annoying sometimes as things can get left in draft mode, and its not super clear until the day has come and gone and your post didnt go out. They also make you reconnect each profile every 3 months which can get tedious.

Lucy J.

Reporting, conversion tracking, advocacy - complete social reporting!

Reviewed on 2015/10/07

Strategic Internet Consulting have been using Oktopost for around six months to support social media activity in our Inbound campaigns.

More comprehensive than simple scheduling tools, it was the social advocacy board that first drew us to the tool, plus HubSpot integration, and detailed reporting on social conversion.

As an agency user, we're now Silver Oktopost Partners.

Pros

- Advocacy board. Any content that is sent via main business profiles appears on a unique user board for everyone in the company to promote via their own work accounts, increasing reach and engagement.
- HubSpot integration and detailed conversion tracking to better assess social effectiveness
- Autoposting features and bulk upload options for faster social message creation and scheduling (across all social platforms, not just twitter)
- Feedly integration to make sharing industry content easy
- Monitoring sections to view engagement and interaction
- Campaign segmentation for easy use, scheduling and tracking

Cons

In the future we'd like to see more segmentation on the leaderboard - by social campaign if possible, as not everyone in the business needs to post on all topics.

Having the chrome app pull through images when sharing to twitter would be useful too, but not too big an issue!

A paid ads integration might be asking a lot but would be interesting to see.

Chris j. B.

One of the best social marketing platforms

Reviewed on 2016/04/05

Social marketing is difficult for our team because we don't often have huge amounts of time to spend getting campaigns up and running. We also need to find out how our campaigns performed - for both engagement and conversions.

Oktopost allows us to deploy a fully scheduled campaign in about 5 minutes. We can also see analytics for each and every campaign, across a whole range of KPI's and metrics. Reporting on our communications activities is now as easy as exporting a few PDF's. These aren't vanity metrics either, they are all tied to major business objectives.

Oktopost also lets us monitor social in vertical streams, so we can follow our own feed and messages just as easily as we can monitor the competition, track keywords and identify conversation topics to join.

The employee advocacy platform within Oktopost has also transformed how we communicate with our staff and they can now share our organisation messages from their own accounts and have it fully tracked and aggregated as part of a campaign.

We can also curate content directly from Oktopost. This content can be directly assigned to a campaign too, which is measured in the per-campaign analytics.

The campaign tagging is also fantastic, because we can run reports filtered by internal groups and communications objectives.

Overall, we are extremely happy with Oktopost. The product is great, but the support team is even better. They are friendly, offered us a discount as a non-profit, and answer questions quickly.

Pros

• Outstanding customer support
• Unique product - the campaign focus is excellent for marketing teams
• Campaign tagging for report filtering
• Reports are best-in-class with important metrics (conversion funnel)

Cons

• Basic in-app curation engine (although browser extension improves this functionality)
• Limited social account overview feature in reporting

Lauren M.

Great Product but Could Use a Couple Upgrades

Reviewed on 2017/01/23

I really appreciate the ease of scheduling social posts in advance but I wish it was easier to copy statuses so I could publish to multiple networks at once instead of Facebook, and then Twitter, and so forth. Maybe you can and I'm missing how to do it but if that's true it's not intuitive.

Pros

Ease of scheduling and editing.

Cons

Wish it was easier to post to multiple networks with the same status at once.

Response from Oktopost

Hey Lauren, thanks for the feedback!

We actually do this on purpose. We believe that each network has its own flavor and language so it is important to speak in the right tone.
Also, some networks have unique message structures (Twitter 140 characters, mentions etc.) it is important to differentiate between the different message types.

Hope that helps!

Stephanie R.

Great platform for B2B social media marketing

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Social advocacy and easy social media management.

Pros

Their calendar/campaign feature is probably one of my favorite features. It's comprehensive and the color coding makes it super organized. I'm a huge fan of the image library that's included. Additionally, we love this product for social employee advocacy. It has helped out employees become brand ambassadors and share content super easily to their own networks.

Cons

There truly isn't much that I don't like about this product. The Salesforce integration works but unfortunuately we haven't been able to take advantage of it too much here.

Mark C.

Mostly positive with the ease of scheduling messages on multiple networks.

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

I like the opportunity to schedule messages in advance and track the campaigns. My team consistently uses this function to have messages scheduled throughout the week, which in turn, works very well for our clients who depend on us for message and content promotion.

Cons

The fact that I can't easily see who the followers are for each social network and have the ability to segment the audience. We would like to know if the followers we have are real or just bot accounts, or even more so, fake accounts, entirely. Having the audience segmentation would allow us to target specific message per network.

7.0/10
Emilia J.

Great B2B Social Automation Tool

Reviewed on 2018/02/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Gives you a calendar view of all your posts, allows you to create 'campaigns' and tag them for easy filtering in the analytics section, UTM parameters & link shortening via the campaign, track unknown visitors until they convert, social advocacy component built in, curated content, Marketo/SFDC integrations. Also, a great and very responsive support team!

Cons

Not much really. The new UI has a lot of great updates. The only thing I'd like to see more of are threads about how others are using the platform/how they set it up / sharing best practices and tips and tricks.

Natasha A.

Okto-perfect lol

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

Been using this tool for a while now. I still think there are some things it can improve on but honestly this is the best B2B social tool on the market without a doubt. Hopefully they have an IT team listening to and responding to feedback quick enough to build the platform even further. Thanks again guys for being so awesome x

Pros

Campaigns,
Streams,
Advocacy Board
User Management

Cons

Hardly anything tbh - i think the streams area could have top level tabs. For example I want to have 5 streams in the UK and then have the same streams in French etc. So the tool might need to be considered from a GLOBAL company perspective but other then that it is a perfect tool.

Emily M.

Gets the job done without adding too much complexity.

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

The ability to segment posts by campaign and the approval workflow process. The UI is nice and user friendly, it is easy to onboard new contributors.

Cons

Inconsistent support -- I used to hear from Oktopost a lot and responses were timely, lately I have not been able to get in touch with anyone and have a pretty pressing issue to figure out.

5.0/10

Social Management Platform for B2B

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

We've tied our social media to our actual return on investment in campaigns and gained a ton of insight into the efficacy of our social in general.

Pros

This is a really robust platform that has truly been developed for B2B clients such that social stats integrate with marketing automation. The platform is really easy to use and has resources for just about every vertical you can use social to support. Tons of analytics insight for social that you don't normally see in these kinds of platforms.

Cons

Using the platform to its fullest takes 2-3 hours of training with an Oktopost rep. That's more than any other scheduler I've used previously.

Best B2B Social Media Platform

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

I've been using Oktopost for over a year and I'm happy with the tool. Customer support is quick and helpful. They communicate new features regularly. I don't have any compliants.

Pros

- Ability to schedule posts across multiple profiles
- Create 'campaigns' and tag campaigns for reporting
- Advocacy built in
- Content calendar
- Content suggestions
- Social Listening
- All the integrations

Cons

It would be nice to have a content calendar for advocacy posts like the regular posts.

Great, affordable social media tool for any size organization

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Pros

Easy to use with a very small learning curve. Ability to create campaigns and tag them with campaign attributes is a plus.

Cons

Reporting could be a bit more robust, along with the platforms ability to recommend the "best" time to post based on past performance.

No Live Chat option can be frustrating, although email support is generally pretty quick (one business day).

Dan H.

Fantastic capabilities and workflow - UI/UX takes a little getting used to, but is manageable.

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

Love the native tagging for Twitter content. The campaign org of all content should be the gold standard for marketing automation products. Best customer service team I've worked with to date - if they do not know the answer (which they usually do), they will go well out of their way to find it for you. Calendar view is a little less intuitive than I would like, but once you get the hag of it, it is head and shoulder above the competition (I find this view is often the most sought after by leadership or cross functional partners for visibility into the content strategy).

Cons

Inability to copy posts from various listening streams to advocacy board without first posting from business account. Glitchy time zone settings. Inability to tag when purposing content for LinkedIn or Facebook.

Iris T.

As the only person managing my employer's social media presence, this has made my job more efficient

Reviewed on 2017/05/04

Pros

I am a big fan of the overall UI.

The Advocacy Board feature has been instrumental in helping us grow our social media reach.

The robust Analytics view helps make reporting on results that much easier.

Cons

I think making the Calendar view contents be drag-and-dropable would be amazing. The social board expiration date resets when I go back to a piece of content I saved.

Caitlin O.

Great Social Media Insight for ROI

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

Has been a massive step up from other tools we have used! Integrates with Marketo and Salesforce to give our sales team greater insight on what prospects are engaging with, and helps us attribute MQLs back to social media.

Love the employee advocacy functionality too.

Pros

Conversions, integration with Marketo

Cons

A bit clunky sometimes

Response from Oktopost

Hey Caitlin,

Thanks for the great review! Always great to see that our users love the platform.

Social analytics done right!

Reviewed on 2018/10/18

Pros

Oktopost makes the life of a social media manager so much easier. Beyond making scheduling and advocacy incredibly simple, I appreciate the integrations available and the amount of data and analytics that come with the platform.

Cons

No complaints. Oktopost has made social so much easier!

Margaret R.

Oktopost is easy to use and intutive.

Reviewed on 2017/05/09

Pros

Oktopost makes advocacy and social media management easy for our organization. It's easy to post updates to all our channels and to have employees repost.

Cons

The dashboard and Manage post icons are different and it's confusing which one to operate from as both an employee advocate and a social media manager.

Sheny S.

Amazing tool

Reviewed on 2016/08/12

We are using this tool since almost a year now, and our experience has been very nice in terms of getting onboarded, using the tool day in day out and the customer service provided by the Oktopost team.

Pros

The ease of use, kind of analytics it provides.

Cons

There are certain limitations but that's fine, no tool can provide everything.

Cameron E.

Good social media software - good tools and fair priced

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

I liked the experience. I thought that it was easy for me to get started, get things working and get our social media handled. We left only because we got HubSpot and it already had social media tools.

Pros

Good tools and integrations with all major social media platforms. I used this for a time at my last company and it went well. Easy to schedule things and do things, managing all your company social media posts.

Cons

Not much. It's a fairly robust software, and improves upon Hootsuite and others. If you aren't using HubSpot or another bigger software with social media integrated already, you could get this and feel good.

Shannon M.

Oktopost Review

Reviewed on 2016/08/11

Oktopost is a great tool for us to share info across our social channels and track who is viewing what.

Pros

The analytics

Cons

That you can't use Instagram with it.

Rudi M.

Oktopost for SME companies

Reviewed on 2015/10/06

Oktopost is a great tool for managing your social presence. It helps you in numerous ways: discovering relevant content, monitoring social media, posting of content, etc.
Easy to use and with lots of reporting, oktopost is an invaluable tool for any company that takes social media serious.

Pros

- ease of use
- message assets
- scheduling
- content discovery

Cons

Nothing much. The fact that Facebook and linkedIn have taken away the possibility to post in groups is a bummer.

Michaline T.

Helping our startup ramp our social brand

Increased visibility
Gaining brand awareness
Lead gen has been a happy surprise

Pros

Great success team!
Really good packaging of offerings -- scheduling, analytics, advocacy, campaign management -- all great.
Good value for the money
Advocacy is helping our social media newbies ease into building their profiles

Cons

Advocates wish they could schedule their personal tweets beyond just what's been posted to the board.
Streams could use some refinement -- it's the one area I struggle to figure out.

Natalie M.

Scheduling social media posts has never been so easy!

Reviewed on 2016/01/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the easy way I can schedule social media posts on the B2B platforms that I use the most. There are a lot of easy tools to make the scheduling consume as little time as possible.

Cons

It's a very feature-rich product. Instead of just being signed on, I would have loved more introductory assistance and insight so I could see the tool's many features right away. I don't really know just where I need to go for help.

Stephanie R.

A great tool for employee advocacy

Reviewed on 2017/05/04

Employee advocacy is fantastic!

Pros

The calendar feature is my favorite. I love that all my campaigns are color coded and posts can be dragged and dropped into a new date if necessary. It helps keep me organized and I can see exactly how many posts from each campaign are being scheduled.

Cons

I'd love to see Oktopost increase their listening tool to include FB messenger, Instagram, and posts/comments that were not sent through the platform.

Monica C.

Great if you do a lot of social media

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/02/14

Pros

It's nice to be able to schedule my monthly posts and then not have to think about it again.

Cons

You can't tag scheduled facebook or linked in posts for some reason. You can only do that for twitter. Also, if you do a hyperlink, you can preview it.

7.0/10