The CRM for high-performance sales teams.

Alexander E.

Close is great for startup sales but lacks some simple features

Reviewed on 2019/10/18

Overall it's been a good but not great experience. The basics are covered for a CRM but some what seems like basic features are still missing.

Pros

I love the automated email sequences to help with my outbound prospecting efforts. This enables me to 'set it and forget it" to ensure proper follow up is happening with prospects.

Cons

I don't like that you can't map specific email chains to specific opportunities. Furthermore, you can't upload files which is a real drawback and support suggested I just link to google shared drives.

Jason M.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

The future looks bright with Close.IO

Reviewed on 2016/02/12

I have used Close.IO at my past company and this is the only CRM that I can endorse. When I told my team that I was going to update the current CRM tool I was met with a lot of questions and concerns. After showing the video on the Close.IO site and taking questions for about 20 mins my team was buying into the idea of changing over. I was also able to prove to them that there would be a minimum of an hour that each of them would save a day, so that peaked their interest. Then as we ramped up for the change the nervousness kicked in again, so I made sure to stage the rollout in an effort to handle all questions in a controlled manner and prepare for more users. The employees were blown away by the ease of use! And I was impressed at just how smooth it all went. Being a tech guy my learning curve is quick, but from employees in their 20's-50's we had a hugely successful transition into Close.IO.

While my team is still early in the game, about 3 weeks into Close, we are seeing AMAZING results. One of my sales guys is up 50% in his personal sales! Others are up 10-20%. My entire team has said that they cannot wait to see what the future holds as we are continuing to find more ways to improve our process. Close.IO has convinced my team that it is the choice CRM tool.

Pros

Automation and their inbox is a huge pro.
Their search feature is arguably the best anyone could ask for. We are still discovering search tricks. GREAT ROI!
A great help page on the Close.IO site for finding suggestions and troubleshooting.

Cons

We did have a tough time with our firewall when first setting up Close.IO, so make sure to include your Network Admin in the conversation of switching to Close.IO early on in the process.
Sometimes getting someone on the phone can be a challenge, but email and scheduling a call have never been a problem.

A must-have for sales

Reviewed on 2018/03/18

Pros

As a huge fan, I have nothing but great things to say.

Some of the biggest wins:

-Fast interface
-Robust and extremely powerful search tools
-Syncs with gmail (IMAP) perfectly.
-Ability to set custom SMTP servers for outbound email, while maintaining sync for inbound.
-Excellent support team
-Custom variables for leads. Allows sales team to get additional key insights
-Tasks manager and assignment

Cons

Only one feature that I can currently think of that I'd love to see and that's the ability to add custom fields to contacts within a lead.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Great for Team Alignment

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

We're not the "target market" for most of the sales management solutions out there. We just needed something that could let us keep track of key accounts easily, give us a snapshot, and keep everyone on the same page..... and specifically me as a CEO to be able to bullshit check what the sales people are saying is the status of accounts (because now I can read all the emails and notes related to the account). Priceless.

We liked it so much, that we started another "organization" to keep track of our Series A fundraising... so we know where every investor is in the process, who has gotten what info, etc.

Pros

Flexible - easily tweaked
Not overkill

Cons

No mobile interface - nobody in our company sits at a desk and "does sales"... we are all on the road on jumping meeting to meeting, so it would have been awesome to have an app version or a more user friendly mobile version.

Yevgeniy S.

Great solution for medium sales teams

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

We've used close.io for a few years for our sales team. It has nearly any feature that you'll need. It has incredibly good system for follow ups and sales tracking.

Cons

This is not really needed when you have just a couple of salespersons and price starting from per mo is really high.

Chhavi B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Best inside sales CRM out there!

Reviewed on 2018/09/16

Pros

I like their all in one feature package - outreach can be done via call, sms, email. Each feature is beautifully designed.
I also really like Smart Views

Cons

No cons really. It's a little more expensive than other CRMs out there - but I totally understand because the features they provide at this price point eliminates need for any other app in my sales workflow.

Chris R.

The best CRM I've used

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

Used it daily as a sales rep and it made managing everyone and seeing all communication simple and allowed me to spend less time tinkering and more time closing sales. It does a great job of getting out of the way so you can focus on what's important.

Pros

So uncomplicated and straightforward to use. CRMs can be a real pain, and this one is a joy.

Cons

Although it's packed with value, it's still pricey compared to competitors. However, if you can do it, I still recommend it.

Tedi A.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A Waste!!

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Horrific. I am here to warn others. Do NOT get yourself wrapped up with them. It is a horrific experience! They are there for one purpose and one purpose alone: to extort you, in any way they can find, for your credit card. They don't even hide it.

Pros

This software was a colossal waste!! DO NOT waste your time or money!! I used this software for less than a week before they were snooping around dictating my business practices and interrupting my business transactions. I am absolutely disgusted by this service. I tried to get get a hold of the sales rep 5 (FIVE) times and each and every time it goes to voicemail. They don't work weekends and wont answer you on weekends, so don't bother. They will email you a week later and if there are technical difficulties, they absolutely will not talk to you in a timely manner, they will just shut your acount down. THEN they tried to extort me for my credit card in reward for their terrible sales and joke in the form of what they call "tech support/customer service". Ridiculous! I lost so much money dealing with them! It was a horrific experience!

Cons

The joke they call "customer service/tech support". It's an extortion scheme!

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Powerful DUmb Tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

Sales. Closing. This is what CLose IO is best for. If you want it to do complicated tasks it would start breaking up and tearing down into nothing. For smile and dial, this is the best.

Pros

Love the fact that I can power dial a bunch of people and drop voice mails. This is a godsend for my team.

Cons

Stupid workflows, automations were really horrible and was set up poorly by the agent who worked and never was working correctly for 9 months.

Isaiah E.

A modern and functional touch to CRM

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Pros

Coming from Salesforce and other CRM services, Close.io shines a much needed light for our sales team. They follow industry standards and have every feature that I've been used to having. I incredibly appreciate the ability to call and track phone calls directly from the app.

Cons

The desktop app is where it's all at, but I would appreciate a more fine-tuned web and mobile app considering what we pay and what other services offer.

Rob H.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Best CRM for salespeople ever...

Reviewed on 2015/05/15

I've worked with CRMs since the 80s and Close.io is the best one by far. I'm speaking from the perspective of managing sales teams on it, as well as cold calling myself.

A HUGE IMPROVEMENT over many of the current market leaders and older, legacy systems.

Pros

Intuitive
Immediately operational
Scalable from a lone wolf to any size team of salespeople
Ideal for startups and any companies seeking to powerfully focus their energy on closing more sales... everything you need is there to close, close, close
Great customer support, fantastic response time and a broad array of resources from the company at every level

Cons

I didn't have the option to use Close.io decades ago... we would have crushed a mountain of sales with monotonous regularity

Antoine C.

Best sales-focused CRM for medium/small businesses

Reviewed on 2016/01/18

Great product with great support! Close.IO deeply understands the pains of a sales team and helps you achieve more by making your whole team and management more productive.

Pros

- Great product-market fit, it does solve a problem and increase productivity
- You can have access to all emails exchanged with a lead without even being in copy - never again you're going to lose the historic data/communication with your leads
- Fast and very customizable reports allows management to quickly get to the numbers and insights that matters the most
- Smart views is very helpful - what a smart feature

Cons

Could do a little bit better on managing tasks/to-dos of the sales team

Sean O.

Best CRM for Startups

Reviewed on 2016/03/28

I've used Salesforce, Highrise, Pipedrive, and Close.io, and Close.io is by far the best CRM for startups. It allows you to focus on actual selling rather than data entry, by syncing with Google Apps in an intelligent fashion.

Pros

Excellent support, great founders, great desktop app for Mac, and very easy to use plus onboard team members with.

Cons

No mobile app for iPhone.

Jacqueline D.
  • Industry: Market Research

Communication made efficient

Reviewed on 2016/03/22

After testing other CRMs, I was blown away by Close.io's clean, easy-to-use interface, communication tracking, and detailed reporting features. For a business that works with and analyzes data, the reporting features are by far, my favorite feature. Tracking communication with Close.io has made what was a very time-consuming process extremely efficient.

Pros

• Email tracking
• Clean, easy-to-use interface
• Detailed reporting with download to Excel or PNG option

Cons

No real cons that I have seen! Things that I am hoping for in the future: automatic de-duping of contacts based on email and the ability to stop a bulk email mid-send (I'm sure there's a way, but I would appreciate an "Easy" button!).

Adam A.

This company is going places

Reviewed on 2015/04/21

I gotta say Steli, his team, and product are world class.

From day 1, any issues I've had with the platform, the support team jumps into action mode. Just the other day I had one of our reps delete an ENTIRE field on accident and one of their engineers fixed the issue in less than 30 mins. That's pure dedication.

If you're in sales and are looking for a plug and play CRM, look no further - Close.io FTW!

Pros

The whole platform is pretty slick. It's got all the features you're gonna need to track deal flow.

Cons

I dont have anything negative to say about close.io except that the filteration of the leads could be done a little better. I'm sure the engineers are working around the clock for smarter features though.

Guy K.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Close.io really helps to keep track of your deals.

Reviewed on 2015/12/13

I've compared two Sales CRM, SalesforceIQ and Close.io. Although salesforceiq makes it really easy to create opportunities I find it much easier to follow up on opportunities within close.io.

Overall for the long run close.io

Pros

Sending emails from within the close.io app is easy, following up on opportunities is also easy. I my mind these are the most important tasks in a salesman day to day job. Information flow it ordered nicely within the opportunity. Overall great experience.

Cons

I find the flexibility of customization a bit lacking. Would like to separate leads from accounts. And have a more visual view of opportunities funnel.

Jan H.

Finally a CRM meets all my requirements

Reviewed on 2015/10/23

Close.io is solving all of my issues. Being in contact with an increasing amount of costumers, it gives me an overview about all my communication, and more importantly, about the communication that needs to be done. Moreover, it enables me to work from wherever I want to: A reliable internet connection is everything I need.

Pros

- Good overview on communication history
- All virtual communication can be done from the app itself
- Worldwide calling included
- Impressive way of selecting the leads that need to be contacted next

Cons

- High price
- Full text search still has a hugh potential that is not being used right now

Igor F.

Great App and supper intuitive

Reviewed on 2015/11/09

When we were starting Angeloop.co, we were looking for a CRM platform that would help us track our investors as we bring them through our funding funnel. We tried several other CRM's and found ourselves more involved with programming the CRM rather then spending the time to find investors and close.io them (little founder humor). When I heard that Zenefits started out with Close.io, I knew that I had to give them a try. Once I did, I fell in love with how easy and responsive they made their CRM. Also, they are purely client (revenue) funded, which tells me that they are very confident about their product.

Pros

You don't have to be a a rocket scientist to know how to use Close.io, unlike other CRM's, i.e. SalesForce.

Cons

Inserting images into emails requires that the image is hosted online, otherwise, you can cope and paste an image from another program.

Great CRM platform

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Easy to use, powerful CRM platform.

Pros

Works great for a single person (not only sales-focused). It's feature-rich and allows for great customization

Cons

Everything works as expected for now. There is a bit of a learning curve but that is expected.

Dominic B.

Close.io Rocks !

Reviewed on 2016/04/29

I've used others CRM and I'm really happy to have switched to close.io.

Close.io is the best CRM for a SAAS company like ours! It is easy to use, well designed and precisely tailored to our needs.

Awesome product !

Pros

Created by a team that produce amazing content
Simple and efficient design
Nice feature to create smart views
Good integration with emails
VOIP phone call in one click !

Cons

Contact integration with exchange would be nice.
(No need for a native mobile app but managing contacts in 2 places is an issue).

Michael B.
  • Industry: Design

Simple, Powerful, Effective

Reviewed on 2015/03/30

Close.io Review: Startups, like us at Board Director, need pinpoint accuracy with its email marketing campaign. Following Steli's advice, we implemented our email campaign using Close.io with amazing success. It allowed us to properly manage our list with its simple, straightforward tools - no fluff!

I highly recommend.

Pros

Get things done simply and powerfully with no useless nonsense that gets in the way of productivity. The tracking, templates, and sorting are awesomely effective. I am a big fan.

Cons

Haven't found any yet.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Best CRM I've Ever Used

Reviewed on 2015/05/05

After using Close for two unrelated startups of different sizes and markets, it has come to be my absolute favorite CRM out there because of how flexible, easy to use, powerful, and reliable it really is.

Pros

The Mac platform is incredibly well done and easy to use.
Uploading leads is easy and flexible.
Lead configuration is dynamic but not overwhelming.
Generous trial period.

Cons

No iOS app has been released yet.

Matt W.

Superb

Reviewed on 2015/04/01

Close.io is fast become a valuable member of our team! We've deeply integrated the tool into our workflow and technology.

Pros

The workflow fits neatly around our sales process, which evolves rapidly.
We love the automated tracking and API, which means we auto-create most of our leads and don't need to update them.

Cons

No mobile app - I'd love to manage/track our pipeline on the go.

Reuven (rich) H.

Great CRM!

Reviewed on 2016/04/21

We used Close.io to help us with outbound B2B SaaS cold calling. It is an excellent tool for this. Very well designed and easy to use. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Pros: click to call, easy bulk mailing, great lead management.

Cons

Cons: a little price heavy compared to other CRM's but I think the value it provides compensates for this.

Omar T.