Mailchimp Transactional Email Reviews

Mailchimp Transactional Email

Delivery API for transactional emails

Soham
Soham

One of the most efficient CRM for mailing!

Reviewed on 2022/05/05

What is not to like about this software. All the way from creating highly customizable emails to having versatility with viewing and analyzing customer bases, Mailchimp is one of the best on the market right now.

Pros

Seemless integrations with websites and marketing flows. The sleek design and functionality makes it possible to link websites and this CRM.

Integrations with zapier and mailchimp can do wonders.

Cons

The price tier is a little on the higher end, and for obtaining some features, the user has to pay large amounts. The pricing plan could be more flexible.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and Brevo

Great onboarding processes.

Benefits of Mail Chimp Transactional Emails

Reviewed on 2021/05/11

Overall my experience has been pleasant and supportive for the non profit I work for. We will continue to use this company because they are always updating and making things better for its users!

Pros

Ease of building the template with examples in the Mail Chimp database gave me a great understanding of how to create graphics that would better align with the trends of today and how to better communicate with my donor base. Sometimes starting from scratch is intimidating but the support staff is very helpful and available.

Cons

Sometimes navigating where a campaign / eblast / structure is setup within the database can be tricky. Begin reading about the different setups within the database before building. I like to generate one look and duplicate for future endeavors. Sometimes I had a hard time locating the original in my Mail Chimp base.

Patrick

MailChimp and their compliance algorithm Omnivore

Reviewed on 2021/07/08

I used MailChimp multiple times a week and worked very hard to get around the issues I was presented with.

Pros

MailChimp is great for designing emails. They have templates, easy to use drag and drop UI, and a decent studio you can store things like headshots.

Cons

MailChimp did not allow me to email our members. Their algorithm for GDPR compliance, omnivore, told me my list was stale and would not allow me to email to said list. The problem is this list is comprised of paying members who rely on me organization to email them.

I contacted their customer support and they told me there was nothing I could do outside of asking each and every individual to resubscribe. I told them I have signed contracts that give me permission to email these individuals. MailChimp told me that was too bad, their AI robot Omnivore was not able to be modified in any way.

I was frustrated because the value proposition for my organization is to communicate with our members. MailChimp stopped me from doing that.

Great for email marketing campaigns for small business

Reviewed on 2021/05/09

Mailchimp is probably one of the best ways to get started with your email campaigns. The free version is a great way to try it out and start building your base. I'll be upgrading to a paid plan soon so I can take advantage of more automations.
Thanks to the free plan, I've been able to see how useful it can be and get started with very little risk.

Pros

It is easy to setup your basic email campaigns to help get your email marketing started for your small business. The templates help you get all the information you need and generally it is a step by step process.

Cons

If you want to get into any real detailed marketing, you'll need to know what you're doing. While they do have good documentation, you'll need to dig in or hire a professional to handle it for you. The Customer Journey is a new addition that is really nice, but not 100% reliable yet. We’ve had to revert to regular campaigns a few times due to Journey failures. That said, Mailchimp support was very helpful and determined to work with their developers to create long term fixes.

ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp Transactional Email

SumoMe was a bit clunky and I didn't feel like it was working all the time.

Sumo

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp Transactional Email

The pricing is the only reason I didn't start with ActiveCampaign. Once my list really starts to grow, I will likely consider moving to get more powerful features. I just don't need them yet.
Manuel
Manuel
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

A versatile tool to get started with email marketing

Reviewed on 2022/06/09

Many who want to get started with email marketing will probably end up with Mailchimp first. The tool is well known in the market and offers almost all common features at a low price, at least for a small list. It's also fairly easy to use for laypeople and will quickly find its way around. There are also many integrations, which makes it easy to get started. Whether it's newsletters, automation, segmentation, or landing pages, Mailchimp covers just about everything related to email marketing. You can integrate Mailchimp into your existing infrastructure with just a few clicks and get started, and save 4 or 5-digit implementation costs if necessary. This is especially good if you have a store: with the option to connect stores in just a few clicks, you can start setting up automated emails around the customer lifecycle in just a few minutes. You can use data such as purchase activity, purchase date, and products to send highly personalized emails.

Pros

Mailchimp is a tool that allows everyone from beginners to professionals to get started with email marketing quickly and easily. For me, however, the tool's great strength lies not in the classic newsletter, but a) in the many integrations the tool offers and b) in the marketing automation features. Regardless of whether it's a store, a website, or a webinar tool, there is a native or third-party integration for almost everything. Mailchimp is sufficient for getting started in email marketing with occasional newsletter sending and offers many features. Mailchimp is one of my preferred solutions when I want to enable teams to quickly and easily get started with email automation, especially in the B2C/e-commerce area. With robust email features and many store integrations, personalized emails related to the customer lifecycle can be set up in record time.

Cons

The tool is ideal for the use of some possible things, and the complexity ranges from simple to complicated. In some places, however, it still lacks some depth, for example, when it comes to filtering certain e-commerce data.

Joshua
Joshua
  • Industry: Furniture

An excellent, if costly, transactional email service

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

We were experiencing spikes in bounce and spam rates with AWS's SES. We were able to switch to Mandrill in a single day and immediately saw dramatic improvement. As necessary, we later built out support for bulk sends and black list checking and scrubbing. All in all it was an easy process and a good product.

Pros

Mandrill provides a simple and well documented API and has libraries and integrations available for many major web frameworks and languages. Making use of it for simple email sends is a fast and easy process, and it provides additional functionality for black lists, white lists, bulk sends, static IPs, etc. Their dashboard makes it extremely simple to see all the emails sent to a given address along with full content and reasons why sends failed or were delayed, which is a great for debugging and testing. They also provide analytics and send, receive, open, click, and bounce rates.

Cons

The service used to be much cheaper, but costs went up sharply when it was reabsorbed back into Mailchimp. Still an excellent service, but harder to recommend without reservation.

Dan
Dan

Cost effective transactional email

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Pros

A transactional email server is setup within minutes and available for you to send out content to your distribution list.

The application provides

- Graphs to show how many emails you're sending each day
- What countries your sending the emails to
- Open rates
- Mail clients used (useful to optimise content)
- Spam rates/unsubscribe rates
- Great delivery rates

Very cost effective.

Cons

A couple of years ago, Mandrill made it a requirement for you to have a Mailchimp subscription in order to use Mandrill. It would have been better in my opinion to keep the two applications independent, just like Sendgrid.

Whilst it doesn't make the cost materially more expensive, it does mean that you have to log into Mandrill via Mailchimp which is annoying.

Dylan
Dylan

Perfect client for managing and sending transactional emails

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

It allows us to maintain perfect email delivery for all our companies' transactional emails and easily troubleshoot instances where emails were not delivered.

Pros

This application is an addon of MailChimp and is best suited for transactional emails (automated emails, think 'forgot my password' type emails). It allows you to easily manage your sending domains , although you have to verify these before you can send emails. The best feature by far is the ability to view all emails that were sent or failed to arrive, including the contents of the emails and the reason it bounced. This allows us to quickly troubleshoot whenever we get a support ticket regarding an email that did not arrive.

During our 6 months of using this feature, there has been zero downtime.

Cons

It is more expensive than some competitors, but its pricing model is very fair and easy to interpret. It does require you to have at least a monthly subscription with Mailchimp, and if you are not using this it is more expensive.

Kevin
Kevin

Great functionality for Mandrill Users

Reviewed on 2022/04/29

I was a little skeptical when first implementing the Mailchimp Transactional API in my Laravel project, but it was fairly simple, and setting up templates (using handlebar parameters), was easy and gave a good result. There seems to be some low hanging fruit as far as allowing the use of templates inside of templates.

Pros

Implementing a templating system outside of a project was very easy, and has freed up my servers from the constant building and sending full emails. Managing the templates outside of source control has allowed non-developers to make changes/edits without codebase access/knowledge of project structure. Utilizing subaccounts has been a game changer for us as well.

Cons

I wish the templates could be organized into directories instead of just listing them all in one place. It would also be nice if you could include templates inside other templates to help with stuff like consistent headers/footers across emails. It doesn't matter much if you only deal with a few templates, but I've needed to create about 20 separate templates in the last couple months, and most of those are sharing either headers/footers with many others. When the day comes that I need to update the header, it will take much longer to update each template individually.

Md Mohiminur

Easy to build relationships with customers.

Reviewed on 2023/07/29

Pros

MailChimp give me lot's of options and flexibility.The personalization option help me to improve engagement and build trust with my customer.

Cons

MailChimp's mobile features aren't available.

Domenico

Great solution for quick mail marketing

Reviewed on 2021/12/16

This is a professional software really well crafted, try it if it works for you you're in the right place!

Pros

I really liked how easy we could implement and manage marketing emails with custom mailing lists and this software helped us getting in touch with our customers and improved our products sales.

Cons

I just wish there was a native integration with Wordpress, many articles or products are stored in Wordpress websites and a native integration could help us avoid copy pasting content to create a newsletter: I imagine a native Drag&Drop feature where I can drag my articles / products to create a newsletter in few minutes.

MailUp

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp Transactional Email

The features and the ease of use was outstanding compared to the alternative software I've listed
Christine

Keeping in touch with MailChimp

Reviewed on 2021/05/05

We use MailChimp for our monthly newsletter (moved to MailChimp from a yearly printed letter) and occasional updates to our full support base. It has allowed us to get information out in a brand-conscious, nicely formatted fashion. We only use it for mass emails, it does not solve acknowledgement processing other one-constituent email transactions.

Pros

Simple yet fairly powerful editing tools for email building (drag and drop blocks) but still have the ability to tweak some HTML if needed (Some occasional glitches when adding images to text blocks.) Mostly consistent look across email clients (gmail can cause issues). Decent analytical information on opens, click rate, and other activity. AB testing support (although we have not used it.) Integration with CRM system (currently using NEON), although unsubscribes and bounces are not returned to CRM. Freemium plan was well worth it! We've been paid customers for several years now and find the price a little high as we gain users (small nonprofit), but still within budget. Ability to schedule emails helps (for those of us who work late at night but don't want to send a blast at midnight!)

Cons

Need more free templates or better ability to make changes to templates. Some limitations on layout design options. Emails go to "Promotions" folder, particularly for gmail users (although hard to avoid), so cannot guarantee receipt. Recent changes to interface have taken lots of time to get used to and do not seem to be an improvement.

Prem
Prem

MailChimp is fantastic, but it has some drawbacks!

Reviewed on 2022/06/12

Mailchimp is used by us to build email lists for our clients, segment and target audiences based on business needs, design customised email templates based on our branding, and manage various email campaigns. We saw the results we wanted to see after implementing Mailchimp, but never did due to a lack of knowledge and such software. It has aided us in meeting our marketing and sales objectives.

Pros

When I send emails to my clients, I like that I can get free read receipts. It ensures that they are doing so. Other programmes may require you to pay an additional fee for read receipts. The interface is simple to use.

Cons

I occasionally receive false notifications that my clients have opened emails when, in fact, they have not opened the emails, as I have confirmed with them. It would be fantastic if we could streamline that to make it more uniform.

Brevo

GMass
Victoria

Great for Transactional Emails

Reviewed on 2022/05/17

Pros

This tool provides an easy-to-use interface and great deliverability. Now, we can easily update our email templates online using templates built into the system. Mailchimp has also allowed us to set up our accounts and other preferences, and help with compliance. Their web app also keeps us updated on how things are going.

Email notifications are vital to us as they enable our customers to know about our products and services. Mailchimp provides us easy access to email delivery services without having to worry about downtime or broken links. This tool has really been a lifesaver!

Cons

If you are not a technical person, then you may have a problem getting started. Other than that, everything works great.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great as a starting point

Reviewed on 2022/11/30

For folks starting out I think Mailchimp is a great app for email marketing. If you are okay with paying more as your list grows, then Mailchimp will work okay for you. But if you rather pay a flat fee, or would not want to transition to another email marketing programs months from now, it may be worth finding an alternative with a flat fee or something more in line with your short term and long term needs.

Pros

Mailchimp can be a great starting point for folks looking for a free email marketing program. I was able to send emails to my small list of subscribers for a few years, without needing to upgrade to meet my basic email needs. Its array of templates also allowed me to present the right information to the right audience. By duplicating campaigns and making tweaks as needed I was also able to save lots of time.

Cons

Although Mailchimp is accessible and a great starting place, as your list grows it becomes pricier and loses some of it's draw. The templates can also be a bit clunky to manage, and I often found myself screaming at the editor because a paragraph wouldn't look like the rest for whatever odd reason.

Albertus
  • Industry: Music

Mailchimp, a well-known email marketing solution

Reviewed on 2023/01/12

All things considered, Mailchimp is a well-liked and commonly used email marketing tool that provides a number of capabilities for setting up and managing email campaigns. Although it might not be the greatest option for everyone, Mailchimp can be a helpful tool for companies and individuals searching for an email marketing solution.

Pros

The platform's overall design language has been carefully considered, and the layout and templates are exceptionally user-friendly. I particularly value the platform's delivery of data and analytics, which are transparent and simple to understand. I can quickly assess how well an email campaign performed without any hassle.

Cons

Email campaigns may not be as effective as they may be due to deliverability concerns with emails sent through Mailchimp. Compared to other email marketing solutions, I thought the personalization choices were either limited or not as sophisticated. Additionally, I've run into bugs or other technical problems with Mailchimp.

• Industry: Printing

Trustworthy tool for delivering emails to your customers

Reviewed on 2018/07/14

Pros

Works well, haven't experienced any problems. Has an online GUI where you can easily find emails that were sent, easy to see blacklisted emails. Has a nice statistics page to see how your emails are doing overall. We've been delivering millions of emails in past year without a problem.

Cons

The PHP SDK I used was kinda outdated and it had little options to change the behaviour without manually changing the source. They should update the library to standards that are more current.

GUI where you can view emails, etc. sometimes is a but slow. The search filters could use a face-lift.

Anoop
Anoop

Good Email Marketing Platform

Reviewed on 2023/02/25

Mailchimp Transactional Email can be a good choice for businesses that value reliability and integration . It offers customizable templates, easy-to-use API, and powerful analytics to help businesses send personalized and targeted transactional emails. Analytics and performance are captured which is easy to view in the dashboard.

Pros

As our team supports various clients, Mailchimp is important for email marketing. Mailchimp Transactional Email can handle large volumes of transactional email sends, making it a suitable solution for businesses of all sizes. It has also detailed reporting and analytics that can help us understand the performance of your emails, including delivery rates, open rates, and click-through rates.

Cons

While Mailchimp Transactional Email offers customizable email templates, the selection is relatively limited compared to other email marketing solutions. So the software should offer more templates. Segmentation is also limited. Another major factor is , in few cases the numbers are wrong as there are few API issues.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Good price and it is easy to use

Reviewed on 2021/05/20

I think it worth it for the price, if you are a beginner sending email campaigns this is the right tool for you

Pros

I like that it is really easy to use, creating an email is very intuitive. I really like that you can know who unsuscribed everytime you send an email, I also like that you can visualize the email in a browser in case it doesn't work in the email inbox of the user.

Cons

The transactional emails are still improving. It took me a while to learn how to set up this option but in the end I learned.

Xavier

My favorite tool of email marketing

Reviewed on 2021/05/16

I use mailchimp for years, and to me is the best option. Good statistics, good delivery and easy to use in the most of times.

Pros

I send mails everyday. I love the option to write in "text-plane" and schedule the email for later.
I love the mail test, because I can send to my team and have feedback previous to deliver to suscribers.

Cons

Maybe the price. Is little expensive versus other options. And the automation is not intuitive. Is complicated create a funnel.

Karen
Karen
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Perzonalization and performance control.

Reviewed on 2023/02/11

It is a necessary tool for template design as it can be created from scratch and add parts of preset templates.It helps to reach our customers for multiple campaigns and achieve high number of interactions.Allows you to segment emails according to the objective to be achieved.

Pros

I like the ability to domain customizing and quality analysis of the IPs we work with.It allows us to follow the performance of the campaigns we work with.It allows to avoid spam control.It helps to obtain specific data of each campaign launched and its performance.

Cons

So far it has no negative points to highlight in my opinion.

Mory
Mory

Marketing well

Reviewed on 2023/03/01

Good software really, and I recommend it to everyone in marketing

Good software really, and I recommend it to everyone in marketing

Pros

The tool allows me to do my marketing with ease and also allows me to adapt it in my own way

Cons

Without lying the tool is really great so no problems

Nina

Easy to use. Good basic email solution.

Reviewed on 2021/07/20

Overall a good experience. Easy to use and easy to set up. Easy to add on users.

Pros

Easy to import contacts. Easy to schedule emails to send out. Can customize emails easily and add buttons, photos, videos, very seamlessly. Easy to see stats after sending out emails and heat map of where people clicked.

Cons

Was unable to add sign up form directly from mailchimp onto my website. Had to use hubspot as a work around to get new email sign ups. Initially challenging to find everything but once you are familiar its very easy to navigate, copy emails, edit, and send out quickly.

ConvertKit

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp Transactional Email

Features and ease of use.
Guido
  • Industry: Furniture
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

E-mail marketing easy as pie

Reviewed on 2023/03/17

We use it weekly to shoot newsletter blasts to our database.It doesn't require too much training, so it's a good trade off.

Pros

It's very easy to use and set-up.It provides a lot of great templates that you can immediately use and personalize/customize.It's great for mid-size business companies.

Cons

Probably just the contacts management: let's clarify, it's not a CRM and it's not meant to be one.It's a great e-mail marketing platform, but it's not yet a contact management tool.

Apechhaya

Email Marketing

Reviewed on 2022/12/18

It's easy to-use-tool. The reports are excellent. There are plenty of advanced features to make use of, like landing pages, appointment scheduling, and online stores. Though Mailchimp does have some really nice features and is mostly easy to use, the price of the service could be a bit off-putting for small businesses on a budget.

Pros

Mailchimp is killing it in the email marketing world, you could say that Mailchimp basically owns emails. Mailchimp offers a wide range of automation templates, which are detailed and easy to edit. The drag-and-drop builder is user-friendly and has all the content blocks you'll need.

Cons

Whereas, the dashboard is pretty clean and easy to read. However, I find it a little difficult to find certain features in the navigation menu. For example, landing pages and the form builder are hidden under campaigns and audience, respectively.