Dolibarr

• Industry: Information Services
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Software developers' delight

Reviewed on 2018/09/16

Pros

If you have a web hosting, you can install this software through your web hosting account and then access the same anywhere on the cloud. You can also choose the option to download this software on your PC (Windows, Ubuntu, Fedora-Redhat-Mandriva). Liked the modular approach that helps select run only the modules one need. Being a free, open source software, it is software developers' delight. For instance, right now, GST is a hot market in India. Why not come out with your own GST module! There is Dolistore where software developers can market their developed module.

Cons

Although basic ERP needs of small and medium enterprises are well met, if you immediately want a feature-rich software that helps comply with the existing federal setup of your region, it will need customization which may require adding/tweaking codes. For instance in India as part of the mandatory GST compliance, one needs a specific GST module which is not present with the shipped version.

Conrad S.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Excellent software

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

In general terms I have been using Dolibarr for many years, I have never had problems with the software which has helped me to keep a very good control of my company, since the first time I installed it on my server and started to enter data I have I've been loving this wonderful tool.

As I mentioned in previous points, Dolibarr has an ease of use and learning far superior to other software

Pros

In my experience and based on other softwares that I have used such as MFG / Pro, Softland, SAP / MM among others, I believe that Dolibarr has many virtues such as that it is free, very intuitive, easy to use, and you can maintain a Good traceability of information, even more so if user roles are configured, excellent control of the company can be achieved.

Cons

Difficult question, since I personally like it very much, what if I consider a detail that there are modules that should be default in dolibarr and not be sold, as an example the reports should be in each module already parameterized correctly, and what another is the connection to the SII (Chile)

Adel B.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Dolibarr the Opensource ERP for your startup

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

As a startup we were able to consolidate all our business information and flows in one single cloud accessible format. This enabled our business to capitalize on its experiences and track records leading to great time saving and higher professional throughput.

Pros

Dolibarr is simple and straightforward to implement. The users find it intuitive and therefore ramp up quickly on its routines. The support community is also great to find answers to your questions and bugs. Best of all, the value for money is unbeatable!

Cons

Documentation could be limited in some areas but that is normal on an opensource solution. The good news is that you don't need it as much since everything is almost intuitive.

It would be great to have a full mobile App with the Opensource package.

Jari-matti A.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Brains of my business

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

Dolibarr takes care of my needs for ERP, CRM, invoicing, accounting, customer support, stock management, warehouse management and reporting. Without it I would have ended up either in total Excel chaos or really expensive separate solutions.

Pros

Dolibarr is quite straightforward to use, no training needed. Installation was easy, and the hardware requirements are low. Also, this software has a ton of features and can even be extended by using addons. It was really easy to implement

Cons

Finnish translation is useless. Of course, I could contribute and translate it myself, but I simply don't have time to do that. No problem though, english version is fine for me.

César I.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Useful all-purpose tool

Reviewed on 2019/12/24

Dolibarr has allowed us to have an overall view of the informations flows in a number of different companies where they lacked such a tool.
Although you may find better specific tools (for ex. for accounting or project management), it provides enough of all of them to have a starting point from which you can explore the actual needs of your enterprise.

Pros

Its easy of installation and modularity means that it is very easy to start working with it.

Cons

The usability and user-experience are not up to market standards.

Christian H.

Best in class

Reviewed on 2019/12/08

We have a good usage for stock, customer invoices and suppliers - account would be next;

Pros

We reviewed a lot of different erp systems and checked about ease of installation, maintenance and usability- dolibarr was best in class in all segments; we ate only missing a reliable support and a good documentation for the Interfaxes and extensions;

Cons

Support and documentation;we need an interface for edifact and Workflows

Ivan I.

Easy ,rich functionality ,easy to customize, fast working speed ,good design

Reviewed on 2017/05/13

Its good product reliable stable fast php based huge plus, and its easy to use and setup

Pros

Fast speed ,easy to use ,rich functionality ,easy to customize ,fits many businesses workflows ,easy to translate

Cons

Support ,if i post something on forum no reaction at all. Only french forum is active i think but not many people knows French ,customization of pdf documents is hard

Franck P.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Best ERP up to my knowledge

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Very good product to use and easy to handle. I like it for sure!

Pros

It covers all my needs and even a little bit more

Cons

Taking care of all the business processes.

Laurent D.

Integrator and developer since 2003

Reviewed on 2018/02/16

Pros

The main feature of Dolibarr ERP CRM is its ease of use. It is easy to install, easy to use and easy to develop.

Cons

Some modules/features are still missing, like a production module (planned for end of 2018), and reporting tools are missing

Js B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

A customizable ERP

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Pros

- Easy to use
-Intuitive
- Very customizable

Cons

- Little to no support
- need a big deal of customization to make it work how you like

Jacques V.

Top ERP available

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

I've tested various other systems and keep going back to dolibarr

Mobile app
Expansion ability

Cons

Confusing setup
Sometimes didn't install 1st time
Could overwhelm unexperienced

Ariel hebert D.

Excelent choice

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Pros

East yo use, powerfull. A lot of features to fit your business

Cons

Some time to implememt and learn yo make It funtional

Onno S.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Can't do without.

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Pros

Integrated modules for ordering and shipping. We are in the food business so lot number and expiry date for our products are essential. Dolibarr has good support for this.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to configure. Really miss an easy way to customize layouts of invoices and packing slip

Palisandro david G.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Needs improvement

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Customer management, billing, budgets, stock control, integrated online management

Pros

Free software, relatively easy customization

Cons

Obsolete functions, obsolete payment plugins and functions that should be and are not

Response from Dolicloud

Hello,
Did you try this :
for payment ?
Regards

Nicolas B.
  • Industry: Photography

Great free CRM online or offline

Reviewed on 2021/02/15

Dolibarr is the center of my administrative process : proposal, invoice, delivery, etc...

Pros

Dolibarr is highly customisable to fit all workflows and and usecase. It can be adapted to different kind of business and different size of organisations. It can be installed on various plat-forms, online or offline.

Cons

Integration can be a little bit tricky, but the user's community is really helpfull and the different cases of utilisation are well documented.

Alexis J.
  • Industry: Libraries

Good product, wish it will continue to evolve !

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Well i use it for a litle library in lebanon. We bub books in france in euros, and sell it in lebanon in usd and LBP.
We also work in consignation, so we put our books in other stores... and we collect then the money each 2 month...

Pros

I like that it has a very good process from proposal to facture. it's modular so i can select the modules i need. So i can chose the level of complication for the end user.
I liked also to be able to buy some plugins that did something.

Cons

Well, it's doing it's job !
i was a litle lost with the multi curency module.
and a module for putting goods in a parthner store (and getting out of the my stock) but doing facturation when it is sold by the parthner. would be realy nice.
in french we call this "consignation".

Virgilio B.

quality opensource

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

As I said, I use and indicate dolibarr for professional and personal purposes as well, from inventory control management to financial control.
I am happy to work with a secure system that also provides me with solving the sometimes serious customer issues regarding database and customizations.
I developed in it a feature of the Brazilian Invoice. This was one of the developments that I performed with total satisfaction.

Pros

I like dolibarr easy to customize, safe to use and practical to solve problems.

Cons

from the lack of plugins or third party resources available to it. On the other hand, I believe this is due to the fear of giving credit to software that could topple big ones in the market.

Josep lluís A.

A great ERP/CRM easy with PHP language

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Small bussiness or Entities that need a ERP/CRM very cheap.
Also small bussiness or Entities that need a very personalized ERP/CRM for their needs.

Pros

Uses the same programming language that Wordpress, Drupal, o Prestashop.
Very easy to install in most common hostings.
Good and open community.
Free licence GPL.

Cons

More events or meetups in countries that uses Dolibarr for interact with other developers and customers.

Daniel G.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Perfect CRM

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

We are using dolibarr for our whole business process, from customer contact management to invoice.

Pros

- The system is a webbased CRM Suite
- there are many modules for different cases
- the system hast it's own Customer Portal
- Own API

Cons

- Some modules are not working at all correctly. (But please remember that it's a open source Project)

Qamar H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Dolibarr for Trading small business

Reviewed on 2020/08/10

For effectiveness in business including secured, auto communication i.e. email based events, like issuance of sale order, POs, fit for trading, Saas, and locally installation is a good option. Account management like banks, payable, receive-able to pay, to receive complete orders all are included in package, Dashboard parameters are good for management reporting.

Pros

Xampp, lamp based web application to support business activities, easier in installation, configuration is easier, business aspects, logics are pre-defined in each modules which are pre built in with it, while some can be purchased. Role clarification of staff, trade, Purchase, Sale orders, Project order, and their invoices can be handled effectively with respective accounts too, double entry system for advanced accounting is configurable to meet the specific requirement of business. This software is best for trading and projects in level of medium industries.

Cons

Mobile application is not available, some bugs are found in manufacturing order, Graphs and visuals are in small size and will not properly displayed while business volume increases. Inventory report is not in printable format, Costing module is not available.

Joel C.

Owner

Good

Pros

Can enable and disable modules. Active development. Active plugin community. Packaged for Debian, easy upgrade. Very customizable.

Cons

I wish there was better documentation on how to use as well as how to modify/create plugins

Bérengère C.

I'm working for a Dolibarr software specialist. We use Dolibarr every day for our business.

Reviewed on 2017/05/12

Pros

We chose to become a Dolibarr specialist because it's an open source software, wich allows our customers to have a personalize solution.
Dolibarr is an adaptable and scalable software that can meet the needs of many activities.
With Dolibarr you have the choice:
- Free download of the software and do the installation yourself
- Personalize your Dolibarr with differents modules available on Dolistore (the marketplace of Dolibarr)
- Contact an expert who will help you with your installation, an evolution, a training, an assistance.
The Dolibarr community is very active and allows the software to evolve very quickly.

Cons

The standard of the software doesn't do everything, but for me it's better , because we can personnalize our Dolibarr with the really necessary features.

César A.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Established since three years, I was looking for an easy and complete software to manage my...

Reviewed on 2017/05/12

My company is managed with Dolibarr and I am very happy to use it for this purpose since the creation of my company.

Pros

Easy to use, no very hard installation needed, backup and restore very easy, complete solution for ERP/CRM, in constant evolution. When you know nothing in these kind of software, you learn very quickly to use Dolibarr without help. Very intuitive, light and performing. I have tried other commercial solutions but I stayed with Dolibarr

Cons

You have to learn the use of Dolibarr on your own because there is no customer support (but the forum can help you whenever you have some issue).

Yaakoubi S.
  • Industry: Chemicals

PRODUCTION

Reviewed on 2019/12/07

I used it for more then 7 years, but I have a very small business and a cooperative, I had three problems with it. First I lost my database one because I had payment problems. and Now my second problem is that I can not use it for production and third stock is not very straight forward. I get lost with virtual and physical, when I send a proforma invoice or order and it doesnt take and I want to correct, I always get lost.

Pros

It is Easy to use, very stable. I can use it from anywhere.

Cons

can not be used for production unit. I have a cooperative and I need to track my stock of ingredients that i use in production

Norbert P.

Swiss knife

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

We solved delivery, amazon dialogue, dematerialization, multi-currencies, email integration, KPI reviews, etc

Pros

Everything can be done with Dolibarr, it's a swiss knife.
We have implemented solutions that were outside of the core features with ease.
For the price of a licensed ERP, you can have a customized ERP fitting your business.

Cons

It's designed to be extendable, you cannot miss a functionality.