Freshservice

4.6/5

Bryan
Bryan
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great tool for tracking issues, managing assets, staying compliant

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

It allowed us to determine the number of IT staff needed to support a growing company. It also allowed us to track changes for SOC II compliance.

Pros

FreshService is a simple to use system that has allowed us to manage IT issues, assets, and changes within a quickly growing company. Prior to the implementation of FreshService we were unable to appropriately identify our staffing needs or areas of concern due to the lack of ability to track issues across the entire organization. With FreshService implemented we're now able to put metrics to the volume of support our team provides to the company. We're tracking assets across multiple states. And we're tracking changes within our environment for SOC II compliance.

Cons

I wish there were some built-in features which made viewing issues by Location easier. Currently, it appears that Locations can be linked to Requesters which implies issues by Location. However, it would be ideal to be able to quickly see and change the Location the issue is occurring. This would lead to reporting mechanisms that would allow us to see which Locations have the highest number of issues.

Rob
  • Industry: Publishing

A user-friendly all-in-one solution for the servicedesk

Reviewed on 2022/09/27

I am really happy I rolled out FreshService 2 months before Covid-19 forced all to work remote. We were able to support users from home ( IT was at home as well ) without issues.
FreshService contains a Solutions (knowledge-) base, users can request hard- and software like shopping online, very intuitive and user friendly

Pros

The ease to set it up : you can do it yourself without technical support. It comes with an app so it works on mobile devices as well, convenient if the laptop stops working.

Cons

You cannot change the webportal to your liking unless you have webdesign skills.

ServiceNow Customer Service Management

Costs

TOPdesk

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Costs (yes, I'm Dutch..) the tool has it all and the ease of working with it.
Hossam
Hossam

Hossam's Fresh Service Review

Reviewed on 2021/08/30

The overall experience is not that pleasant, it can perform the daily tasks, but not powerful & complicated to use, and doesn't have the customization features of creating our own dashboard in an easily manner.

Pros

We have been using fresh service for more than a year, it is ok as a ticketing system & perform the daily task

Cons

It is a complicated system compared to the other one we have been using, we had a problem generating the Team's ticketing report to do the yearly appraisal, so it has failed us in one of the most important yearly assessments, so it is either the Admin knowledge or the system has issues, but in both cases it is a bad experience, unlike other systems we were using

Marco
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Freshservice: Modern and Reliable Ticketing Solution

Reviewed on 2024/04/09

Pros

The capabilities of this ticketing solution are incredible.
Freshservice is easy to use and flexible.

Cons

I do not have dislikes for Freshservice.
Freshservice works so well for us.

Tom

Freshservice Review

Reviewed on 2021/05/20

I've really enjoyed having Frehservice in our organization. It has made my job as a manager much easier in that I can easily review team performance, post announcements for the organization, and identify trends in issues or requests.

Pros

Freshservice has been a game-changer for our organization. The service catalog and user-friendly interface has allowed our employees to improve their productivity over the past 2+ years we have had the system implemented. The customizable forms and workflow has allowed our IT department to streamline processes and improve efficiency.

Cons

I wish the reporting capabilities were more customizable. There have been a few situations where I reached out to Frehservice for support on reports I needed but found the reports were not possible. The freshservice support team told me my reporting needs would be added to the list of potential "future enhancements'.

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

Our previous product did not have a customizable system and did not provide our employees with a way to track their tickets once created. It also lacked any type of reporting capabilities.

Cerb

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Cost and ease of customization
Mel

Implementation and Management

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

I had used FreshService in the past at different places of employment and had enjoyed it. This was the first time I was tasked with picking a ticketing system for a company. The fact that you get a trial based on the level you want to pay for, can basically have it customized during the trial to see if it's the right fit, extremely helpful and responsive customer service, and its easy to use for all levels of tech comfortability were the big reasons we chose FreshService. Every time I check in with our team of Agents, everyone is extremely happy with the switch and, overall, I am looking forward to the positive changes this is bringing our teams.

Pros

There are several reasons I pushed to choose FreshService over other products. The value of the features I was getting with the ease of set up. Within the trial period, I had most of the set up done before I presented to my department head. The ease of switching from the previous (and archaic) system to FS for our end users was, overall, seamless. The ability to customize the product with minimal knowledge makes it easy to manage and make changes. After reviewing a dozen other ticketing systems, FreshService provided the ease of implementation and change that we were looking for.

Cons

I love Freddy and want to use it however it's limited features over the traditional portal are frustrating. I understand it's a new feature and it's in a state of constant improvement but I wanted to launch with it and was unable to because key features that we needed specifically for our company would not show up. The reports aren't quite what I thought they would be either and I will probably have to do some work with powershell to get the information I really need.

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

The system we had was a basic portal for entering the request and then it would email it out to everyone. There was no way to properly manage, track, or pull reports on the work being done and tickets were falling through the cracks. It was making everyone's job harder than it needed to be.

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

This list is only a partial list of all the systems I looked at but I had issues with identifying what features each level had, lack of trials, unresponsive or slow customer service were some of the few issues I ran into.

Easily worth the price compared to other ticket systems.

Reviewed on 2021/06/08

Pros

After following a demo given by enthusiastic and cooperative Freshservice employees, we were sure of our choice.
The tooling is intuitive, user-friendly, responds quickly and very easy to set up. There are plenty of things that can be adapted to the needs of the company.

There are a number of options within the tooling that have certainly increased the efficiency of our employees and in the way customers create their own tickets.

The support and technical staff are excellent and an example for other companies!

Cons

The change module may be further expanded. A feature request has been created for this and the latest information shows that a number of improvements will be made this year.

Jira, TOPdesk, Kaseya VSA and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Before Freshservice, we used a tooling that was almost unusable, slow and cumbersome to use. No more innovations were made. The switch to Freshservice was a relief for our users, but certainly for our customers. Where we regularly received complaints about our ticket system before using Freshservice, we no longer receive any complaints.
Denise
Denise

Works wonderfully for automation and workflow

Reviewed on 2023/02/06

Everything related to work may be found in one convenient location. It's perfect for storing company guidelines, demands, and procedures. It also has pre-built connections to popular services like Gmail, Slack, and more.

Pros

Automated processes and operational flow. Adding a new integration and automating task pushes is a breeze. To date, automation has allowed us to cut our work time by as much as 60 percent.

Cons

While the sheer number of configuration options may seem daunting at first, you'll quickly gain the expertise to tailor freshservice to your exact needs as you gain experience with IT service management.

Colin
  • Industry: Entertainment

Review of Freshservice

Reviewed on 2023/08/21

Very good experience. But when our organization became bigger and more systems were buildt, we found freshservice didn't have enough capability for integration. So it's hard to keep FreshService in our IT eco system

Pros

Intuitive UI. Easy to self-study and self-deploy. Global wide search is very useful as well

Cons

Not enough integration. Can't connect with other systems

Vigneshkumar
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Awesome product for ITSM, ITAM and ITOM

Reviewed on 2023/08/21

Pros

I like the Self service portal and Virtual Agent, With this requestor can easily make Service request through the portal and Virtual Agent helps our requestor on basic troubleshoot problem

Cons

Improve the Customer support services , and provide a on site support is better to understanding more in this product

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Compare to ServiceNow is low in cost and ease to deploy too
Benjamin

FreshService Internal Ticket Management System for Gehan Homes

Reviewed on 2021/05/20

We enjoy FreshService for the simplistic ticket management and communication it provides. It is also a secondary database for our asset management to cross reference our main database. We would like to see more curated automated reports for both tickets and assets. We would also like to be able to levarage the change management database, but it does not appear user friendly nor intuitive; so we may need training on this but we do not use it because we dont understand it. We are actively looking for change management.

Pros

Easy to build requestors and submit tickets via email and communicate with the end users we support for our internal helpdesk. Easy to spot trends and ensure service level agreements for ticket response times are measured appropriately.

Cons

The inventory management system at first was very unreliable, sometimes search wouldnt pull up names or info. It seems to have been developed and works much better, but I believe the backend database or tool used could be of better quality. It has come a long way from the beginning and is markedly better.

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

ManageEngine cost too much for what we were using it for and it was also on premises. We needed something simple and cloud based and cheaper.

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Cost, ease of use, and provided the greatest benefit for a simple ticket and asset tracking system with the "possibility" of future developments in other areas of the system. We know FreshService was and is a growing company so we bet our money on the growth, we have not been disappointed, but of course would like to see more development in the areas of change management and maybe some more asset tracking features. Also, the customer service and support is STELLAR, I would say better than any vendor or product we use previously or currently. Bravo on the customer support, please never change how great that is, its more important than people might think.
Olly
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Best ITSM / ESM tool out there

Reviewed on 2022/10/12

We are solving 1200 tickets a week with a team of 22, and automating resolution of 320 tickets a week using workflow automator.

We were able to get up and running with Freshservice with only 3 months for planning, build and implementation.

Pros

- Very little initial configuration needed - features work out-of-the-box
- User experience (UX) very very good - modern, quick and easy to use, looks great
- Workflow automations and orchestrations allow significant and valuable automation with little work
- Sandbox mode allows safely making and testing changes, and syncing them into production easily
- Ticket approvals system works very logically and very well

Cons

- Sandbox sync sometimes fails and needs Freshworks support intervention
- Only the main requester can access the ticket, and it's not possible to add others to see the ticket
- No first-party SSO integration - we have to use a 3rd party plugin for SSO & SCIM which only syncs user attributes when they re-login
- Agent permissions are not granular enough to allow us to lock down the number of admins as much as we want
- WYSIWYG editor has quite a few quirks around new lines and styling

ServiceNow

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

- Jira Service Management requires significant building and configuration, and out-of-the-box Freshservice is pre-configured ready to go, and any configuration you do is a bonus, not a requirement. - Jira's user experience is very outdated and slow, wasting our agents' and requesters' time.

JIRA Service Management

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

- ServiceNow requires even more building and configuration than Jira, and requires programming using AngularJS, a now deprecated framework, and we would need to hire programmers who specialise in it and configuring ServiceNow - ServiceNow's user experience is also pretty outdated and slow compared to Freshservice
Derrick
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Favorite ticketing solution so far

Reviewed on 2022/10/06

Overall I am very happy and don't have any plans to change the product

Overall I am very happy and don't have any plans to change the product

Pros

I have used several products before and Freshservice is by far the favorite because it has automation, integrates with many vendors and software that we currently use such as Dell and JAMF

Cons

The Admin setting section is hard to navigate through sometimes and hard to find settings I want

Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

Moved from an on-prem ticketing system to cloud. The previous product was not reliable and would crash often

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Better pricing and ticked all the requirements we were after
Gemma

Happy with Freshservice

Reviewed on 2022/09/28

Overall I won't be able to do with all. Everything that is necessary to deliver our services on IT is ran by Freshservcie.

Pros

I like the fact it is simple in use and that I can offer my clients a solutions/helpdesk functionaliteit for manuals. As well manage my ITIL processes and asssest from 1 solution.

Cons

I am missing some helpdesk features I had before with Freshdesk. I think I had to 'give' in some of those nice features with the solutions, where you could index a page and make templates.

TOPdesk

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

I needed an all in solutions with assest management, change and problem management

Freshdesk

Price
Braden
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great IT software

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

love the product, was very easy to set up and integrate into the company, very nice customization options to really make it your own, and anytime we have had an issue we usually get a response very fast from the team so we are never held back for too long on anything!

Pros

The ease of use is a huge plus to us and to all of the end users, it is very straight forward for everyone to use, well integrated into the company super easily and multiple ways to access via the website, mobile app or even just an email, makes our jobs much easier, and the hardware management is also a huge plus being able to track it all

Cons

They are working on it now but I wish it had a better tracking of what was installed in certain hardware, at the moment they do not show all of the components just most of the major ones, would be a nice thing to have it all

Kathleen

FreshService is great for IT ticketing, terrible for project management

Reviewed on 2022/11/03

I dislike this tool and am ready to find a new solution.

I dislike this tool and am ready to find a new solution.

Pros

It has made our issue and service intake much cleaner and easier since we have a ticket users can submit requests through and it gets sent to our team members as required.

Cons

Our team has been using FreshService for over a year now, and while it has made our issue and service intake much cleaner and easier, it is awful to use for project management. It is not intuitive, we have to remember all sorts of details to ensure our message gets through to team mates' emails, the calendar is not helpful, and we waste time by using this tool.

Timothy

FreshService provides many of ServiceNow level functions - but without the price tag

Reviewed on 2021/04/14

I have implemented in my current and previous organizations. It has solid overall build quality and supports ITIL standards and data capture in many areas. We also have the asset tracking component which has been helpful.

Pros

Streamlined interface has been easy for our IT team to learn and use. I like the ability to track and link incidents, service requests, changes and problems. Does what we need.

Cons

I would love to see more and better reporting - simplistic tools for creating reports limit advanced analysis in the tool.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

FreshService has a significant focus on IT management, where D365 doesn't, so we didn't have to build out custom functionality with FreshService.
Kimber
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Good, but not quite great

Reviewed on 2022/06/21

FreshService is definitely an improvement over our previous system, and we like it, but it's not all it could be. That said, they make frequent updates and are noticeably trying hard. It's a good solution for the money, but if you have the budget and want robust project management, change management, knowledge base, asset tracking inventory features, there are likely better solutions

Pros

The FreshService implementation team was very easy to work with and provided excellent customer support. They did a great job of keeping us on the timeline we had set. General tech support is very good as well. I always get a response within a day. I've also enjoyed working with their robust API so that I can make customizations.

The ticketing system, which is by far the most commonly used feature, is excellent.

Cons

The knowledge base feature leaves some things to be desired. There is no ability to create a template so that multiple people can write articles with a consistent look. The user side can be customized with Javascript and CSS, but the agent side can't be. The result is that knowledge base articles look different, depending on who is looking at them, and whether the article content is included in an e-mail or being accessed from a URL.

The project management feature is confusing and not particularly intuitive. Especially when it comes to altering dates for tasks that must happen in a sequential order.

Andy

Long time user

Reviewed on 2022/09/27

similar to most big orgs, initial contact and simple issues are resolved quickly. more complex issues take a longer for them to understand and get under control.

also there seems to be a fast turnaround of account management staff, so continuity over time is difficult

Pros

ease of use for admins to control tickets via simple to use interface

Cons

new features take several revisions to get working correctly / fit for OUR purpose

better UX

SysAid
Zac
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Excellent service

Very happy

Very happy

Pros

Ease of use, customer support and nice layouts

Cons

Some things not configurable which makes us having to do workarounds

ServiceNow Customer Service Management

Cost

Hornbill

Cost
Chad
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Create the support system that fits your organization!

Reviewed on 2023/05/01

Pros

Freshservice is a wonderful service management product! We use it for handling all our tickets and service requests. It differentiates between incidents and service requests so you can create a whole catalogue of hardware/software items that users can request. You can add approval requirements to these service requests and can create custom workflows to automate certain processes for incidents and requests.

Cons

The Project Managment module is a little underwhelming. Feels a little underdeveloped and the visual interface and functionality fells somewhat lacking. We use the Kanban method of project management and Freshservice doesn't give us the ability to manage projects using that method. It uses lists and gantt charts. However, and a service desk management tool it is great!

Matthew
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Ok for the price but better software exists in almost every area

Reviewed on 2022/05/28

Freshservice has been a really useful tool for us over the past seven years. We are actively looking for replacement software because of its limitations, especially around ticket management. It's a good basic platform for the cost but there is better software out there.

Pros

The nuts and bolts of service catalog, tickets for agents, basic asset management and automation within the platform are all solid and entirely usable. We have been using it for a few years because it does the basics well, is robust, and is fairly priced for the quantity and quality of its features.

Cons

Ticket management is cumbersome as soon as you want to manage or prioritise your workload. The kanban view is limited. Ticket management exists only in list form. There is no effective way to plan your working week. This might be ok if you're handling only issues but if you're producing anything, it's very limiting. Ticket management should be this platforms bread and butter but it is only basic.

Marty
  • Industry: Shipbuilding

Freshservice

Reviewed on 2023/08/14

Pros

The ease of use and flexibility of the product is what makes this a great product to use. The customer service is also very efficient with any issues we may have.

Cons

The asset management interface could be improved.

Shaun

Freshservice is a very simple web based portal with a great deal of functionality.

Reviewed on 2018/04/06

Freshservice is an easy way to manage and resolve issues by following the ITIL proces

Pros

Freshservice follows the ITIL process which means it is easier to structure in a way which works for our business. Tickets can be raised by internal users or customers outside of the business allowing for greatly improved communication. Tickets are easy to manage in terms of responses and audit trails. The service catalogue is a great feature, this allows us to capture all the necessary information first time every time. Outside of tickets and communication there are a vast amount of admin features, one we commonly use is dispatcher. This allows our business to create rules for tickets/service requests that hit the helpdesk. This in turn saves time and further increases productivity. The ability to create reports is a great way to identify where we can improve and provide a much improved service to our users.

Cons

While the admin features are vast, on occasions it can be difficult to locate what you need unless you know your way around. However, it's not impossible and with time does become easier.

Richard
  • Industry: Textiles

Feedback

Positive - The entire team enjoy using it

Positive - The entire team enjoy using it

Pros

I like the ease of use - It has been really easy to roll out to the userbase

Cons

Lack of customisation on forms and categories - I cant change labels etc

SysAid and SolarWinds Service Desk