iSolved Reviews

Amy C.

HRIS Review of Infinisource

Reviewed on 2016/09/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

That they have improved the product considerably, on an ongoing basis, over the last 2 years, which means they will continue to improve it as things change going forward.

Cons

That I was sold on it being an "all-inclusive" product 2 years ago, when it was not. It was a product that had integrated several partner products into one, which always means glitches and problems as information is translated from one system to another. Now they have changed that, but am now even more skeptical of what the sales folks tell me than before, unfortunately.

Karen C.

Love the Software-Not the Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/03/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Up until now it has been great. However, I have a tax issue and I'm trying to figure out where the mistake is. It is impossible to get support. General Customer Service tells me that I need to wait for the Tax department to respond, but after 15 days of calling and emailing, I am still waiting. This is totally not acceptable. If they want to keep customers, there should be a 24 hour turn around.

Pros

Price, functionality, ease of use, ability to generate my own reporting

Cons

Customer service. If you have a simple question, it is easy and I admit they always answer the phone. If it is more technical and requires a different department, such as tax, you will wait and unacceptable amount of time.

2.0/10
Jenessa E.

Terrible product with terrible protocols

Reviewed on 2016/12/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

As an employee, user of iSolved for payroll, I completely despise this software. It is actually inconvenient in every aspect; iSolved is slow to the point I'm unsure if it is even working, an organization does not exist for users to perform tasks and customer support is not available for non-admin users even when it requires for an error page to be fixed!

The product is so slow that even a "quick punch" takes extended moments to complete. If you go further into the program it only gets worse. Try setting up a request for PTO and you are muddled to believe the program didn't notice you pushed a button. oh, wait for it. it is thinking!!

Back to requesting PTO/editing absences thinking you've found where it is located to realize the organization is really expressive creativity. "Employee Absences" and "Time Off Requests" are delightful in the fact they are both the same thing but are they really? You can perform one function in both but all other functions are split apart between these tabs pushing you further into a maze of the program. Forget about remembering how you did it the first time.

When it comes to requiring to update a password the procedure is completely backward. Changing a password for a payroll system should be done during work hours. However, it is always on a Monday morning when I can't clock in and need to take the time to create a new password forcing me later to have my time card edited. It is possible to send an e-mail out a couple of business days before giving the option to either update it when it's convenient, during work hours!

Bringing me to my last complaint that brought me to write a review, Customer Support. I have a great appreciation for customer support centers, they always get the brunt of frustrations and then continue to make sure the customer is satisfied. I feel they are the biggest asset in a company. I completely understand the problems that arise if you let a non-admin user contact customer support as every company has different procedures and that is why you create an admin. However, I am not allowed to contact customer support to clear error messages, my administrator needs to. Even when the program directed me to do exactly that. I am then directed to "take a screen shot of the required information", send it to my admin and have them forward it along. This is extremely inefficient.

I will never recommend this product to anyone due to the fact that it is slow, unorganized and inefficient. I am shocked by how much our company is paying for this unprofessional program.

0.0/10
Maged R.

Easy to use but customer service is a REAL CHALLENGE!

Reviewed on 2019/05/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have been with SAGE/Paychoice before getting dissolved into iSolved. The migration was a horrible experience! I did not see initiative from the new company to leave a good customer experience for the first few months, so decided to leave the company to another provider

Pros

Easy to use interface - flexibility in having different rates for the same employee
Nice HR companion feature! On-demand service, free of charge, to answer HR questions with a 24-hours turnaround time

Cons

Customer service needs lots of improvement. Account rep change is unprecedented and could take a few days till request for assistance is answered. At times, the online button chat/help was off, without any justification!

The interface can be enhanced to simplify PTO calculations

4.0/10
Katy R.

Much better than what we had before

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/12/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall pretty easy to use, it's just lacking some features I would like to have a fully integrated system instead of partners for Benefits and applicant tracking. Was a big step up from our previous system- OnlineEmployer where we used paper time cards and manual data entry.

Pros

ESS, Onboarding, Time cards. Viewing pay history and stubs, web-based access. Manager approvals of PTO requests and PTO Balance/accrual tracking and rules that automatically adjust accruals based on length of service. One database for most information, partners for benefits administration/carrier feeds and ATS Partner.

Cons

Access options are clunky- would be nice to be able to activate certain access by individual rather than setting up groups. Most of the setup has to be done by the payroll company, must go back and forth to set up certain things and special check runs. Time off requests do not project balance at the time of the request, only based on current balance.

Megan S.

Super like

Reviewed on 2018/05/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I really like isolved. There are a ton of features that can be personalized and used as needed. Functionality is intuitive and responsive. Customer service is great.

Cons

I have not run into any real issues at this time. Sometimes report generation is a bit slow, but nothing worth noting.

Roland A.

So Far So Good. payroll System for some years nows.

Reviewed on 2018/12/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

i Have been using isolved for a while now for our payroll and i must say that it is very easy to use and navigate. it takes some getting used to but once you fully understand its operation then u good to go. employees can also easily track their pay, vacation etc.

Cons

the only Con is that some specific reports are often not available on the system as one may need to generate such reports manually.

Lacie W.

Good product, high prices.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Customer service is always on top of their game, and processing payroll is a breeze.

Pros

Somewhat user friendly, would not recommend to someone who is not tech savvy. We use it as an integration with BH and it seems to work well.

Cons

High cost for what we need, can be time consuming to enter new people into the system / end people who are currently in the system.

6.0/10
Jordan K.

Powerful and Robust Payroll Software and Service

Reviewed on 2015/02/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I love the intuitive flow of the software, especially between different modules (TimeForce, Payroll, HR, etc.). I also love their reporting tool. It is one of the most robust and dynamic reporting tools I have experienced with hr/payroll needs. I also love their pricing model. When comparing to other vendors, I found that iSolved was the best to accommodate for economies of scale at reasonable prices.

Cons

I wish the payroll module had better integration options with accounting software. Currently it involves exporting a built report that is formatted in a CSV file to import into QuickBooks.

Scott S.

Very easy system to use and it's great having payroll & time/attendance in a all in one system. It i"solved" our problem with time savings!

Reviewed on 2017/07/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Ease of use, friendly customer service, great use for salaried employees and supervisors being able to enter in their own punches or their staffs. Overall the system is a PRO itself.

Cons

Sometimes the PTO balances screen "time off balances" can be confusing to employees on finding out how much PTO they have left to use in the year. Otherwise, nothing major, it's great system!

Cameron C.

iSolved should be more like iSuck.

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/07/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It took 6 months to implement 43 employees to be able to use iSolved, it started with our contract just sitting to be reviewed for almost a month, due to our salesman going on vacation, 1 failed go-live which had lasting repercussion through the whole term of our contract, the program was dreadfully slow, and extremely complex when it came to even just a simple time and attendance date range data being pulled into one streamed line summary report to setting up new employees. The lack of communication between iSolved employees, and between myself and their implementation specialist is a joke. The cartoon drawing of two people holding a can, attached by the string is what comes to mind reflecting on our experience with iSolved. Their helpfulness to help make a smooth transition for our company to use their software, was about as smooth as hitting rocks with a lawn mower. This company is not customer service based, they are cash based, and by that I mean, how much they can milk you for before you realize what a huge mistake you made and are now stuck in a year long contract with them, and even then your lucky to get out without paying more than you owe. My suggestion don't settle with iSolved.

Pros

The ACA reporting feature, tracking the FTE status of your current employees. Besides that nothing was stand out amazing.

Cons

From the moment the contract was signed to several months out of our contract, we are still dealing with the repercussions of a company, that does not know how to communicate, that does not put the customers needs other than what they get billed on a monthly basis as a priority.

Paula T.

ESO review

Reviewed on 2015/02/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like that I can manually enter a check or additional check for an employee at any time without running it through QuickBooks.

Cons

I dislike the new call any rep. I feel that when it was one-on-one with the rep, the rep knew more about my particular company. That has been lost.

Damasia F.

Excellent, Cost Effective Payroll/HR Solution

Reviewed on 2017/05/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The customer support is great and most often issue resolved on first call. Set up was quick and the system is very user friendly. Works well for both large companies and small entities with multiple entities/payrolls. Best pricing I've seen in the market for all the features this system offers. Especially the ACA Reporting, they make it extremely simple!

Cons

Should make the set up for reviews/questions/scheduling reviews easier for multiple entities. If they do this, then I would give them the 5 stars. Have had some issues with the TimeForce option, if I had to do it again would just go with the iSolved Time for the timekeeping option.

Emmanuel N.

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 2018/11/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Simple to use
Report Writer
Integration of payroll and medical benefits
Resonable Price
Excellent Customer Service

Cons

It is easy to get overwhelmed with all the available resources. The portal layout is a little out-dated compared with other payroll platforms.

Matthew G.

Pretty Straightforward Time Reporting

Reviewed on 2018/02/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I really appreciate that they have a mobile app to allow me to punch in and out using my phone, and verifying my hours is a piece of cake.

Cons

I thought that it took quite a bit of time to get used to the user interface. it doesn't flow very well. I also don't like the fact that they don't allow you to just enter a chunk of time on your time card from your phone, you can only punch in or out, which means remembering to do so or having to find a computer to log your time. I also think that they should have a better method of recording what you were doing during said time and reporting that to your supervisors.

Phillip S.

Good not Great

Reviewed on 2016/12/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

isolved is a good system that does a little of everything. We use it for onboarding, Time and Attendance, HR and Payroll. It works well. Not a lot of bugs or issues. We really do like their customer service always willing to help and always follows up. The implementation was great.

Pros

Customer Service is Great. The implementation process was smooth. Payroll and HR Management is great.

Cons

Would like to see more attention paid to the Onboarding module. We would like it to be more customizable. I suppose changes and additions are on the way.

7.0/10
Cole F.

Impossible to log on

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/12/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Perhaps I'm just ignorant. But in my experience this is the most trouble I've ever had using a website. For that reason, I blame them, not myself.

Pros

it does show some important information regarding my work hours. that's all. character limit meet character limit meet character limit meet

Cons

i am an employee whose company uses isolved. i can never seem to log on. it has apparently an extremely confusing array of different log on screens. I have never had to change my password, reset my password, etc. this much in my entire life. and I am not a forgetful person, this doesn't happen with any of the 50+ other passwords I use in my life. Their system is the OPPOSITE of user friendly. I'm extremely frustrated, as a user, by this poor product.

Kelly joyce N.

Great promises, No delivery

Reviewed on 2017/11/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Go with a larger, better organised, more well-known company. This was recommended to us by our insurance broker, but I doubt he had any idea of the lack of functionality. In the set-up process, we were promised certain functions, only to discover that the system couldn't actually do them.

Pros

It looks pretty

Cons

Everything. Functionality is far below other HR, Payroll and Time-Keeping systems; there his a high staff turnover; staff are not well trained; the Help and University options are almost useless; the platform is not intuitive and badly designed, cannot make simple changes without notifying staff, cannot have employees work in more than one department, the Amcheck server crashes regularly

so secure it trips over itself!

Reviewed on 2016/06/02

Using as an HR portal for time and employee management of all of the HR information. The functions it poses work, and as a way of securing my info, it is good i suppose, but as a daily portal it is useless.

Pros

Well presented and EXTREMELY, ANNOYINGLY secure.

Cons

This software requires SO much authentication that you basically can't get anything done. Every time I use it - even though I know my password and all of my authentication answers - I still have to go through fifteen minutes of authentication process involving TWO e-mails with authentication numbers, first to approve a password reset because it's been a few days, then to approve the computer I am on because... well.. because it's been a few days! Then the e-mail algorithm required is so complex and requires changing so often that everyone at my company has to write theirs down to remember it... where is the security in that?

Tina T.

Love, Love Love

Reviewed on 2017/03/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Its wonderful there is finally a product out there that everything is in one technology.

Pros

Scalable, efficient and easy to use

Cons

wish I moved sooner!

Christine D.

An "ok" all around hr software

Reviewed on 2018/08/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

My business tried using this software for a little while. It was "ok". It was not difficult to learn and it was easy to understand. We all like the app.

Cons

This software just wasn't the best for us to meet our needs. There were some bugs that may have been fixed by now. The software was slow. We found software that was more customizable to meet our needs.

5.0/10
Tracy M.

Good Product for Payroll

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/06/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We started using this product in January for our payroll. It takes some getting used to but it is quite easy to use and navigate.

Cons

The only con is that at least for me the reports seem to be lacking. I look for specific reports that were not available on this system. I had to contact our payroll representative to get me some reports that should have been a no brainer to obtain online.

Laura C.

A great tool for my HR Department of One!

Reviewed on 2014/06/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The Employee Self-Serve portal is so helpful to me as the the single support staff for HR. It allows employees to update their records as well as obtain any HR or corporate documents electronically.

Cons

It has taken longer than expected to implement the timecard and payroll integration. This was due primarily to the fact that our company had so many variables in the time reporting feature.

Scott R.

A Frustrating Transition form Sage to Isolved

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

This is the first time I have ever written a review about a company I have used, but this experience has been so poor that I have felt I had to write one. I personally would find another company to handle your payroll needs, there seem to be too many issues with the company. I was not provided a choice in going with iSolved. I think I am going to find another company to do my payroll processing if things do not rapidly improve.

For my company iSolved as yet to solve much of anything, but was it has done has created an array of small issues that have been frustrating to deal with.

Pros

The interface looks nice

It is a faster system then I was using before

Cons

Poor communication with transition from Sage to iSolved

Customer service is weak, simple things take a really long time, I have to call my support team multiple times in a month. I have been on the phone more with iSolved then any other payroll company. This is likely due to the poor transition they orchestrated from Sage.

I get different answers everything time I talk to a different person

No dedicated staff person during the transition

The platform appears to be rigid and inflexible

Very slow resolution from customer support

3.0/10

Top notch HRIS system

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Pros

iSolved is a comprehensive HRIS system that can manage my companies entire HR along with handling payroll through a local processing company.

Cons

Users must pay for additional modules that allow for additional functionality. The implementation be much more efficient than it currently is.