dotloop Reviews

dotloop

Real estate transaction management software

4.3/5 (117 reviews)

Dotloop saves so much time and money

Reviewed on 2018/09/02

Dotloop has saved us so much time and money, and I could not imagine ever having to go back to getting signatures the old fashioned way. In addition, both myself and my boss can access documents from anywhere we have an internet connection, so it has kind of acted as a cloud server for us as well. Overall, I really love this software, it has made my job so much easier.

Pros

I work as a transaction coordinator for a real estate agent, and Dotloop has revolutionized the way we do business. The best feature of this software is the ability to digitally sign paperwork, which saves us so much time and money. Many times, we go back and forth negotiating a contract, and we need initials and signatures each time we make a change. Rather than having to physically meet up with clients, we are able to acquire signatures quickly and easily via email.

Cons

Sharing a loop can be confusing. I rarely share my loops with other agents for fear of them having access to and changing things they shouldn't and vice versa.

Great for sharing documents with clients and keeping record

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Overall DotLoop is a good system when you are in a deal working with clients.
From an admin perspective its more time consuming then it should be

Pros

Able to share documents with clients and others for viewing and signing
Able to upload custom documents to be made into interactive forms
Nothing is ever deleted
Able to have a master account for the company with all users under it

Cons

Admin side gets frustrating on documents that are submitted for review, it sends everything in a loop instead of just the documents checked sometimes (Very time consuming from and admins perspective)
No real training except videos for new users
Communication with Tech Support on uploading new interactive documents is touchy
Need an separate email for everyone on the loop
Easy to get multiple accounts from others sharing documents to you (constantly calling to have accounts removed and cleaned up from individuals)

Phyllis D.

Dotloop makes it easy to have clients all over the country!

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

I am able to conduct real estate transactions with ease electronically which cuts my time down from printing out, getting signatures, faxing or delivering documents, etc. The time saved is worth everything! Dotloop gives me more options of use than zipform and is much easier to use. I am also able to take another agent's document and easily edit it in dotloop as a PDF.

Pros

Dotloop is very user-friendly and has almost every feature needed to handle real estate transactions from start to finish.

Cons

The least favorite thing is that when executing a Residential real estate contract, the last agent needs to insert the execution date, or the last date the contract is signed. Dotloop doesn't let the realtor make changes without wiping out signatures. This One item Only needs to have edit capabilities for the realtor OR it should automatically enter the execution date as the date the last party signature is input. This slows down the process GREATLY and takes out the electronic factor because the realtor has to save the final copy as a PDF, write in the execution date, and upload as another PDF - before sending to title, lending, clients, etc. - Filling in this date before final signature does not work because signature timing rarely coincides.

Arielle D.

Great Program for Paperless Companies!

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

I have never had any huge issues with Dotloop. If I ever experience anything difficult, the Dotloop customer service helps immediately to get the problem solved. Would highly recommend Dotloop for any paperless company!

Pros

The ease of use. Dotloop provides access to anyone with a simple addition of an email and a name. Very straight forward for clients to use, even let's them sign with a click of a button. Dotloop also keeps files neatly organized. You're even able to add PDF's direct from your email into the loop and folder you like!

Cons

There actually isn't much that our office does not like about Dotloop. The only thing that can be an issue is if you have one client as multiple parties. For example, while using the "auto-fill" function of dotloop, if you have an agent that also doubles as the purchaser, there is no way to use the same email account for separate signature spaces for the different roles. Before sending out to clients, you must go through the document and verify that all signatures spaces are assigned correctly.

Tami J.

Technology changes everything

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

I am able to monitor and track transactions behind-the-scenes to help manage quick and efficient closings, while keeping our Cutler image and branding clearly deifned.

Pros

Dotloop has changed the face of doing business. Transactions are faster, easier and more manageable, needless to say 100% trackable. This technology affects every level of a business; admins, Realtors, Brokers, Transaction Coordinators. Have documents readily available and branded, even on your mobile device makes doing business in the Real Estate world easy to balance with all of the other things that we all have in our lives. Dotloop programmers listen and make changes and updates as quickly as humanly possible.

Cons

If it not used properly, by all parties, it is frustrating and not AS effective as it should be.

Shane S.

All Day, Every Day

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

Pros

Dotloop is a piece of software that has been pivotal to the existence of my business for over 4 years now. It is an incredibly easy to use platform with great integrations and flexibility. I have been forced to use other services (like AppFiles) by clients who didn't have Dotloop and the difference is night and day. If you are in need of a document sharing system for Real Estate, hands down the best option available is Dotloop.

Cons

While I love most everything about this platform, I do wish there were most customization options for "white label" styling, allowing the end recipient to have a more clean "in house" feel. If they could include some ability to customize the front end and the notification emails, that would be awesome.

State of the Art Real Estate Transaction Manager

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Pros

Dotloop is fairly user friendly and easy to navigate. Since their recent update, it took some relearning where things were on the main menu page, but it provides a nice overview of each sale. Being about to create your own templates and edit already existing templates is a really nice feature. I like that our clients have their own portal on their end and can access shared documents whenever they need to.

Cons

I've been using this program for over four years now and I haven't run into too many things that are worth complaining about. As far as a real estate transaction management program, it has a really nice interface and is easy to use, even for senior realtors who are used to doing things with less technology involved.

Brianna M.

Dotloop Makes My Job Much Easier!

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Dotloop is sure to expedite your real estate efforts!! It is very user-friendly and helps with our team’s productivity.

Pros

I love the way I can autofill documents, create templates that I can use for each transaction, communicate with multiple clients and allies within the same transaction, custom title each loop, etc. Dotloop is very savvy and picks up most data from the Agreement of Sale (close date, price, etc) and automatically fills that information in! I also appreciate that signatures and initials are automatically dated with a time stamp.

Cons

The only “issue” I’ve had is that at times, when entering a client into a transaction, Dotloop pulls from a larger database (not just my clients) and has autofilled the incorrect information by pulling info from a different client. This has only happened a time or two, but I am always cautious as a result.

Nasim N.

Great customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

I was worried to lose my previous documents on dotloop when I was switching company but that had been solved with my my previous brokerage.

Pros

Dotloop makes my life much easier as a real estate person. Easy to use and customer service folks are always available to help and they are very friendly and helpful.

Cons

All went well. The only thing I am concern in future is that I use dotloop for my personal organization and documents. That is something they advertised to me before I use dotloop. If I need to switch company in future we have to have broker's permission to be able to use and keep our folders. I wish we still be able to keep our folders no matter what. especially the personal ones.

I use this to manage and maintain real estate transactions for multiple real estate agents.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Getting signed contract documents quick and efficiently.

Pros

I like that everything is organized by loops and that you can auto populate information just by filling out a form and it fills out the information for you so you don't need to go in and do it yourself. I like the convenience of having it done for you and notifying you when something has been signed. I also like that you can upload templates so that you can fill out the information in DotLoop rather than in a PDF.

Cons

I don't like that when you are an admin for your company that everyone else that is an admin receives the signed document and I don't like that you can't opt out of certain agents signed documents when they are completed. I wish there was also an easier way to transfer your loops with all of your paperwork to one account to another.

Anna C.

Streamlined All Aspects of Our Business

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

We have used dotloop for about 3 years and more recently integrated some of our office processes into the loops. Now our agents can see (real-time) what our administrative staff is doing in the loop, through the use of workflow statuses and task lists.

Pros

I love the ability for the agents and the staff to be looking in the same place for the same information.

Cons

dotloop is still new enough that they haven't been able to think through every nook and cranny of the real estate business. However, they are doing a phenomenal job of being at the leading edge...and I look forward to what they'll grow into.

Response from dotloop

Thanks for the review, Anna!

Ashley C.

Dot Loop Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Bottom Line, its easy and SO organized. Can be as detailed or as vague as you want it to be!

Pros

That it is literately all there. They are able to be titled as I want, they are able to have the folders all with in, and its the EASIEST system. You can't go wrong.

Cons

The only thing I find hard, is with a team some of the messages that are sent out the other team mates can't see and since I created a check list I am the only one who can add it to a loop even if I don't create the loop the other team mates can't add that check list. I have to wait for my invitation in order to go in and add that list when we all use it.

Mildred m. T.

Using DotLoop for Secure Transactions

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Very satisfied with DotLoop. It provides the functions for templates and the secure way to have documents signed, makes it a winner.

Pros

We use DotLoop as part of the Keller Williams Realty Gold Coast transaction management systems for listing and selling real estate. It offers the extensive use of business developed templates and secure signatures. Also has ability to send documents multiple ways, which is handy for different skill sets of clients.

Cons

Making sure that the right permissions are assigned to the correct set of users. You just have to be careful on the setup.

Anthony V.

Links Residential Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Overall the software is very user friendly once you build out the templates the way that you want. Our agents really like how easy it is to share documents for e-signatures.

Pros

Very easy to use and the customer success managers do a great job with the onboarding training.

Cons

You are unable to suspend a user, you can only remove them. As the admin I should have the ability to set the company default information for all users so that they do not have to manually do it themselves. Also merging loops is difficult because I always get an error message.

Tim W.

Best electronic signature platform out there!

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/03/18

I set up an office of 130 agents. Set up staff. Set up managing brokers. Incorporated forms and suggested interface ideas that they took and ran with.

Pros

Dotloop is very intuitive to the real estate world. It understands that any change to a contract creates a new contract legally speaking so it simply creates a new "LIVE" version over the last one (and you can always view previous revisions). This is one among many features that I suggested to it back in the early days of 2015.

Cons

My office was a guinea pig with this product in its days of infancy. I set up the entire office and offered so many suggestions to the DotLoop team (that they implemented) I almost feel as though I should have been given some kind of "product development/tester" compensation. They have continued to make it even more than what it was but a lot of its foundational features (long before Zillow bought it) came from my recommendations.

Sherri N.

Dotloop Love

Reviewed on 2018/11/03

It has saved me so much time. Uploading is quick, moving files between folders is quick and efficient, signing process, instantaneous notifications when something has been signed or shared, everything this software does makes my job easier!

Pros

All my files in one place, helps me meet compliance requirements with the state

Cons

At first, hard to tell how it all works. I had a class but really until you start using it, you don't know it. Doesn't take long though to understand how the capability of this software is going to save you tons of time and effort! I would like to be able to share a document from one loop to another without having to download it. If that can be done I haven't figured it out.

Jean B.

Dotloop

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

Dotloop stores all my information on sales so it is less paperwork to deal with.
My clients like it as well.

Pros

I absolutely love this program. I worked for another brokerage firm for years so I was familiar with Dotloop.
Last week I had a question that I needed an answer quickly and I called they answered quickly.
The problem was resolved quickly so I could focus on my sale.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like. Thank you for being so helpful

Renee T.

Love my dotloop!

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Selling, Listing, Closing on properties with EASE!!! AWESOME

Pros

I love that it is user friendly, as a seasoned Realtor, I was easily adapted to the process available. I love the ability to add other users in the transaction so that I can share with others. Also enjoy the ease with which my customers can figure this out!

Cons

Wish It reported directly to my Brokerage, this may be something that I just do not know how to use. However!

Ashley K.

Real Estate Dotloop User

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

Great experience for use with my clients in real estate transactions. Easy to download and make changes if needed. Good for combining separated documents into one single pdf.

Pros

Very easy to use. Extremely easy to perform tasks needed in real estate transactions. Excellent for sharing documents and retrieving signatures from clients.

Cons

Setting filters can sometimes be confusing if a person using dotloop is not properly trained to use this software.

Nicole G.

I've used it from both sides and its great!

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

I really like how easy it is to share everything with clients and anyone involved in a transaction. It is an easy way to keep each listing organzied and all the documents together. It is easy to fill out forms and share with everyone who may need to see the documents. Very easy to collaborate and get things done!

Cons

There are some things such as adding in initial spots that I have had some trouble figuring out. I have not had a chance to reach out to customer support on this.

Allen W.

Keeps things organized, on time and is VERY user friendly

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

I use dotloop for real estate and it has changed my entire business. I work less, get more done and get it done so much faster and more secure with dotloop. It not only changed my business, it has helped define my customer service experience and grown my business, all while making my business more organized and secure. Love my dotloop !

Pros

It is easy to learn, for both the myself and my client. Saves time and keeps things where they need to be. My business has TONS of paperwork. Not with dotloop, Things are easy to find, I can tell who has looked at what and make changes or allow others to change whatever needs changed. I love it when something so complicated is made so easy. I wouldn't change a thing !

Cons

There isn't really anywhere or anything that dotloop hasn't thought about and made it work the way it should. I have never wanted to change it, which means the people that created and maintain it are in the field, they answer questions and make adjustments as needed. Priceless in today's " I want it now and I want it to just work " world.

Great idea but buggy

Reviewed on 2018/09/09

Pros

This software has a great design. We use it in in our Real Estate business everyday. It’s a wonderful tool to keep your records and ease of digital signing with clients.

Cons

This software does have bugs and slow integration between other online signing software. There is a learning curve and slow comprehension from users.

Alexandra S.

Keeping up with the times!

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

It is so amazing and helpful I use it every time. We use it throughout our company, and I use it with clients regularly. It is so easy for them to get the email and sign docs on any device. I'm pretty sure you don't even have to make an account-- although it is wroth making an account! Anyway, great experience overall.

Pros

The best thing about this software is its convenience. You can have paper work sent to clients, signed easily and sent right back within minutes. Props to this company for keeping up with the times because this is the future of documents-- online.

Cons

One thing I find meticulous is that you have to enter a specific "sign" or "initials" box everywhere you need a client to sign... its kind of time consuming! It would be nice if the system could recognize regular documents and identify the already established signed boxes to complement them with the e-sign box. Also, you have to go back and assign each one to a client! Sheesh! It's still better than long hand, don't get me wrong! But there is definitely room for improvement there.

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Pros

Dotloop is pretty easy to figure out. Complete and share documents securely. Pricing is reasonable for the product you receive. Customer Service is easy to get ahold of for any issues you may have.

Cons

Sometimes you do not get notification or sharing within the team is not easy.

Shannon B.

Excellent Electronic signing platform

Reviewed on 2018/12/15

Pros

We use this in the real estate field for our contract signings. This service is invaluable. It saves so much time in the field capturing signatures.

Cons

Wish there was a feature to allow you to save customers contact information for a customer who makes multiple transactions.