Showing 437 reviews of 416

dotloop

Real estate transaction management software

Showing 437 reviews of 416
Gina B.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

It's Okay....

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

I has to use this software while I was on a team. I was happy when I left the team and didn't have to use this any longer. I'm sure it's a good program, just not to my liking. I had to figure out how to use other programs of this type, and this one I just couldn't get it right.

Pros

dotloop does allow for file sharing, but I found it to be just a little confusing. I just never really got the hang of it. I like other programs much better.

Cons

To me, dotloop was way too confusing. I don't like this software since I found it not to be very user friendly. I know that other people I have worked with like this software, but I could never quite fully figure it out. Not in my top 10.....

Response from dotloop

Hi Gina, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding dotloop.

I'm sorry to hear that you did not have the best experience in using our software.

I know there's a learning curve whenever people switch to a new product. With that in mind, I'm curious, did you go through any of our on-boarding videos?

Thanks,
Nick Wright
Customer Marketing Manager

Carol H.

Dot Loop

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

Dotloop has been very easy to learn and to use. It keeps my paperwork organized digitally and easy to access.

Pros

This program was very easy to learn. I was previously using DocuSign so it was not difficult to learn the new system. I find it easier and more user friendly than Docusign.

Cons

Actually, I don't have any complaints with this system. I had problems setting it up as I had an existing Dotloop under my previous companies but tech support fixed this promptly.

Sibrena "bre" M.

Dotloop Review

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

I was first introduced to Dotloop about 6 years ago. It has helped streamline the listing and sales process for our agents tremendously . Having the ability to allow people to view and sign document via the internet is such a time and deal saver. Can't imagine doing business without it!

Pros

Ease of use and ability to use anywhere.

Cons

It tends to be a bit slow at times opening loops and folders.

Response from dotloop

Hi Sibrena - thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on dotloop.

We're excited to hear that dotloop has helped streamline the listing and sales process for your agents.

Best,

Nick Wright
Customer Marketing Manager

Phyllis D.

Dotloop makes it easy to have clients all over the country!

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

I am able to conduct real estate transactions with ease electronically which cuts my time down from printing out, getting signatures, faxing or delivering documents, etc. The time saved is worth everything! Dotloop gives me more options of use than zipform and is much easier to use. I am also able to take another agent's document and easily edit it in dotloop as a PDF.

Pros

Dotloop is very user-friendly and has almost every feature needed to handle real estate transactions from start to finish.

Cons

The least favorite thing is that when executing a Residential real estate contract, the last agent needs to insert the execution date, or the last date the contract is signed. Dotloop doesn't let the realtor make changes without wiping out signatures. This One item Only needs to have edit capabilities for the realtor OR it should automatically enter the execution date as the date the last party signature is input. This slows down the process GREATLY and takes out the electronic factor because the realtor has to save the final copy as a PDF, write in the execution date, and upload as another PDF - before sending to title, lending, clients, etc. - Filling in this date before final signature does not work because signature timing rarely coincides.

Judy S.

No need to carry files with me & What a time saver

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

I have great experience in getting any questions answered when I called in

Pros

No need to print, easy to get documents signed and the best thing is everything is available to me 24/7 as long as I have my phone, iPad or computer.

Cons

I wish I had gotten it sooner. I no longer have to drive all over town just to get a client's signature.

Jo ann G.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2020/01/17

My over all experience has been wonderful! I love that I am able to see what all the agents in my office are doing from my phone or desktop. Being a Realtor, we are always on the go, so having the accessibility from the app is HUGE for me. I am able to help any agents who have questions, or need me to review a file right away instead of having to make them wait until I get back to the office.

Pros

I love that I am able to communicate with all of my agents and see what transactions are going on even if I am out showing property! My favorite feature is the app. It has saved so much time while I am on the go!

Cons

The only bad experience, or what I would suggest looking into, is how a couple has to use two different emails. I have ran into situations where the couple only has one email and it make's it a bit of a challenge. Other than that, I have been enjoying Dotloop.

Victor M.

Lacking Some Basic Features .

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

In general it’s great. But they seem to have stopped improving it for users. But they keep adding more ways for Zillow (which owns DotLoop) to mine every bit of information about every transaction you do.
Oh also I had been paying for DotLoop myself. When my agency started proving it for all agents, there was no way to move all of my deals to the DotLoop which I now get provided by my brokerage. That’s totally lame.

Pros

Having all of my documents for each deal in one place is fantastic.

Cons

There are not enough choices for what stage the transaction is at. For instance on a real estate purchase deal the choices for status are Pre-offer, under contract, withdrawn, sold, terminated or archived. Where is “accepted offer”? Or “under attorney review” etc. or maybe just let us customize our own status? But that’s impossible too.

Ian S.

Dotloop is perfect for my business

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Pros

Easy to use well-integrated product. Excellent Customer Service.

Cons

Haven't had any negative issues with my use of dotloop.

Darla B.

Love Dotloop

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

Pros

Keeping files in order and easy to use. Ease of sending to clients

Cons

Nothing, I like everything about the product

Sherri N.

Amazing Dotloop

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Fantastic! Really like this software and how easy it is to share documents with other parties.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, and archiving ability. Very easy to use once I learned the basic concepts. Pulling in documents to my loops were very easy, the autofill options were great, and the back and forth between documents and also between loops took minimal effort.

Cons

Only con I can think of is that most other agents seem to use Docusign, and so when I would send them something through Dotloop, even as a PDF, there seemed to be complications on their end. Not sure why but I would often have to end up downloading the file and emailing it. As Keller Williams agents, we don't pay to use this software as that's paid by corporate. Not sure what the cost is that an average user pays.

Response from dotloop

Hi Sherri - thanks for taking the time to share your dotloop review! Glad to hear that we're helping you manage your transactions with ease.

Sherri N.

Dotloop Love

Reviewed on 2018/11/03

It has saved me so much time. Uploading is quick, moving files between folders is quick and efficient, signing process, instantaneous notifications when something has been signed or shared, everything this software does makes my job easier!

Pros

All my files in one place, helps me meet compliance requirements with the state

Cons

At first, hard to tell how it all works. I had a class but really until you start using it, you don't know it. Doesn't take long though to understand how the capability of this software is going to save you tons of time and effort! I would like to be able to share a document from one loop to another without having to download it. If that can be done I haven't figured it out.

Renee H.

Great for Real Estate

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

This has been great for everyone on our Team to see all transactions, especially those who work remotely. They are able to be knowledgeable about every Client and every transaction.

Pros

*can see loops for all Agents on the Team
*can easily upload documents to the loop
*easy to organize files in loops
*easy to share documents with others involved in the transaction

Cons

*unable to edit existing contacts - no contact list
* would be great to create a template loop for buyers and one for sellers

Julie C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Why I love Dotloop

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

It is a great filing system that houses all my transaction related documents. There are multiple steps in our process and Dotloop is set up to outline those steps with each sub task and form needed. It’s amazing! Makes Realtor life so much easier!

Pros

Dotloop is very user friendly and offers a great format. My clients have yet to have any issues when I share documents for them to esign. Love love Dotloop!

Cons

There really isn’t anything I can think of.

Tonya M.

LOVE Dotloop

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Overall, I really like it. I know that all my transactions are there, easy to find. I can track when documents are signed. Recommend it, everyone!

Pros

Ease of use, the tracking of signing. Autofill is amazing, use of the filters

Cons

It is hard to change an initial once it has auto-filled. That is really the only issue I have had.

Judy N.

Recommend dollop for ALL REALTORS!

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

I love dollop and will recommend it to friends who are not using it!

Pros

I like having "clean copies" of all my contract documents. We have been accustomed to drawing a line through text that needed to be changed, such as price when there was a counter-offer on a Sales Contract, then buyers and sellers initialing the change. If there were very many changes it would many times make it very difficult to determine which initials were on the latest revisions. With dollop each change produces a new, "clean copy", but keeps each version for reference. Sometimes in the past lenders have required us to submit a new clean copy but then all the past history of the offer process is lost.

Cons

What I like least in our company version is that I cannot add fields to the "View Details" section. That is all established by my company. But there are times when there is just a little more information that I'd like to add and need another field or two. I'm still looking for a way; maybe I just haven't found it!!

Kathy R.

User friendly time-saver!

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Best in the industry!

Pros

This software sets everything up to be user friendly, accurate, and most importantly, saves time! Great product that allows individual control but also helps with uniformity for the corporation.

Cons

Nothing --the key is the administrator set up. As long as the administrator knows how to set up the product for the maximum benefit of the user, it's awesome.

Niki L.

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

My team has experienced a massive amount of growth and this software has been a large part of it.

Pros

This software has made mine and my teams work lives so much easier. Being able store forms and easily share documents has sped up our process exponentially.

Cons

Honestly, the information the software shares with outside parties is my biggest concern. We use it still because of the ease of use.

Ana S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

One-size-fits-all RE Transaction Tool

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

My overall experience has been phenomenal. As a matter of fact, clients who I have represented have implemented and signed on to Dotloop for their use as well.

Pros

The ability to send and describe documents needed to close a transaction or navigate throughout the process made easy.

Cons

Having to redo documents and resend as a result of an error after sending.

Diamond W.

Dotloop

Reviewed on 2020/02/09

I am able to keep up with all the important documents throughout a transaction with ease. No more going here and there to find documents.

Pros

I absolutely love dotloop! I love how it makes keeping up with my transactions seamless and easy! Dotloop is very user friendly and easy to navigate. I also love how it allows the other agent to access the file for the transaction as well.

Cons

I honestly can't complain about anything on dotloop! I love the system and wish I would've started using it sooner.

Kim S.

Dotloop

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

My overall experience with Dotloop has been great. Appreciate how organized it keeps me, and how easy it is to import my documents.

Pros

I love that Dotloop is very easy to share not only with my team, but others involved in my transactions. I also love that it keeps my transactions extremely organized.

Cons

I do not like that I don't have the ability to delete a transaction. If a deal falls through early in the transaction I would like to be able to delete instead of archive it.

Great idea but buggy

Reviewed on 2018/09/09

Pros

This software has a great design. We use it in in our Real Estate business everyday. It’s a wonderful tool to keep your records and ease of digital signing with clients.

Cons

This software does have bugs and slow integration between other online signing software. There is a learning curve and slow comprehension from users.

Dotloop is amazing!

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate and learn how to use this software. It really only took me about an hour to pretty much figure out everything I needed to know. I also like how I can submit my documents to others without it being a hassle!

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything too troublesome about this. The only thing I would like to change is uploading documents that are not PDF format. It would just make life a little easier if they accepted other formats.

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Pros

Dotloop is pretty easy to figure out. Complete and share documents securely. Pricing is reasonable for the product you receive. Customer Service is easy to get ahold of for any issues you may have.

Cons

Sometimes you do not get notification or sharing within the team is not easy.

Shannon B.

Excellent Electronic signing platform

Reviewed on 2018/12/15

Pros

We use this in the real estate field for our contract signings. This service is invaluable. It saves so much time in the field capturing signatures.

Cons

Wish there was a feature to allow you to save customers contact information for a customer who makes multiple transactions.

Roslyn R.

Excellent for storage and sharing

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

I appreciate the extensive training manual and feel the system is easy to learn and use.

Pros

Dotloop helps me keep my documents organized. There is a lot of paperwork involved in property management, and dotloop is perfect for streamlining our processes of collecting signatures and organizing files.

Cons

My only complaint is the inability to permanently delete documents or loops. While I understand the idea of 'better safe than sorry', archiving loops doesn't make them disappear from searches, which can clutter things up, especially if a property or loop has been taken over by another agent.