dotloop Reviews

dotloop

Real estate transaction management software

4.4/5 (197 reviews)
Renee C.

Great for teams & assistants

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Dotloop helps us stay accountable, dependable, and flexible with streamlined systems.

Pros

We are a team of three agents and one assistant. We work remotely most of the time and our assistant works from home. Dotloop helps us to all stay in the 'loop' with new listings and sales. We are able to work from anywhere with an internet connection. The phone app allows us to work without a computer! We have the ability to set up custom templates with all of the documents we want each agent to use during all listings and sales. It also integrates with our CRM for easy importing of contacts.

Cons

The app could use some additional features but the lacking features are definitely not enough of a hindrance to keep us from using it on a daily basis.

Heather B.

An essential for a real estate agents!

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

Excellent!!

Pros

The mobile app on this system allows me to create and share documents quickly and from anywhere. Documents auto fill with transaction information When opened and already has signature places assigned for buyers and sellers to sign. I can share to email or text a document to their phone for immediate signatures. The task lists and reminders are essential to my every day business. And activity log helps me track activities of lenders and other transaction parties so I can see if they view documents or when someone has signed. Push notifications from the mobile app let me know immediately when someone has signed a document so I can share it to the appropriate party. Messaging with in the app allows me to be able to keep all transaction emails messages and notes in one place. I can add pictures of deposit checks or scan multiple documents from my phone directly into the file.

Cons

I have to add an email for each roll including the opposite party which I don’t have access to

Josephine S.

Useful and Easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

I a trying to find a way to make it a little ore cost efficient since we have so many users already. Its not but I do wish it was a little better for the broker trying to supply the system for its agents.

Pros

We have been using dotloop for a while after going through many different CRM's and dotlloop is the best one so far. It can be used for digital signature, paperwork filing & compliance records, messaging inter office and with clients, and for tasks. It is a product we use on a daily basis and has been an integral part of our operations.

Cons

Just like every real estate software it doesnt do everything and that is ok but of course the functions of noot being able to upload picture files is sometimes difficult.

Shaylah L.

Easy for Real Estate Clients to Use

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/07/12

Pros

My clients find this very easy to use from their mobile devices.

Cons

I started with the trial version. But I wasted some loops on practice and when I went back to erase them and use them for real loops, it made me purchase a full version even though I only had 1 or 2 official loop that had been sent to clients for signing. I wish I could copy and paste text boxes as they are often redundant. I also wish the text boxes weren't so finicky - if you need to edit the text after leaving the box, sometimes you need to actually erase some text before you can retype (maybe just on my computer - MacBook Pro). Also, maybe I am doing it wrong, but it is annoying when a document is mostly signed and then somebody notices a small typo or edit and once i touch it the signatures are all erased. It would be nice if instead of erasing everything, it would pings the signees to ask them to initial the edit and perhaps restricted downloading the document until all edits were acknowledged by all signing parties.

Jean S.

Impressive Software with Everything You Need for E-signatures in one platform

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

We have become a Paperless office thanks to Dotloop. No more file cabinets taking up 1/2 of the office space. Every file is saved in Dotloop and emails and misc docs are emailed right to the loop.

Pros

Easy to use and setup and I can turn any PDF into an electronic document. Every signature and initials are date and time stamped. Easy for clients to understand and use on their computer, tablet or Smartphones. The ability to Email contracts and docs directly to a loop is awesome and saves our agents a lot of time.

Cons

As an administrator I would like to have the ability to move agents from one office location to another. We've also had issues where the sellers agent and the buyers agent both make their own loop for one transaction. Things then tend to get confusing for the agents and clients.

David H.

Solid document management software

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

I've been using it for years for real estate sale transactions, lease-ups, signing property management clients, and personal document management (like executing forms for applications).

Pros

Dotloop makes it easy to track documentation on real estate transactions. You can create and edit templates for fast document prep and even apply old templates to new document versions. It also lets you upload additional forms for a transaction like existing leases, receipts, etc. Search functions are good and the document editing options are decent.

Cons

Sometimes when another party in a transaction invites you to interact with docs in Dotloop (and they are also a user), it can create redundancies which are a pain--multiple loops with the same or similar names, and each loop has different versions of the same documents.

Monica G.

Dotloope Rocks!

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Pros

Its easy to use and understand. the versatility, I can use it from my laptop, tablet or phone and its user friendly and its great when you need to integrate everyone in the deal. Love and recommend it to all

Cons

nothing

Dotloop saves so much time and money

Reviewed on 2018/09/02

Dotloop has saved us so much time and money, and I could not imagine ever having to go back to getting signatures the old fashioned way. In addition, both myself and my boss can access documents from anywhere we have an internet connection, so it has kind of acted as a cloud server for us as well. Overall, I really love this software, it has made my job so much easier.

Pros

I work as a transaction coordinator for a real estate agent, and Dotloop has revolutionized the way we do business. The best feature of this software is the ability to digitally sign paperwork, which saves us so much time and money. Many times, we go back and forth negotiating a contract, and we need initials and signatures each time we make a change. Rather than having to physically meet up with clients, we are able to acquire signatures quickly and easily via email.

Cons

Sharing a loop can be confusing. I rarely share my loops with other agents for fear of them having access to and changing things they shouldn't and vice versa.

Julie D.

Best Document Signing Out There!

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

I use dotloop to run my real estate transactions. Clients love that I can send things directly to their phones for an instant signature.

Pros

I love dotloop! It is incredibly easy to use and accurate! Can't say enough good things about it.

Cons

My only complaint is they are no longer working with Keller Williams after this month. I'm going to miss having access to it and have even considered paying for it personally.

Phyllis D.

Dotloop makes it easy to have clients all over the country!

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

I am able to conduct real estate transactions with ease electronically which cuts my time down from printing out, getting signatures, faxing or delivering documents, etc. The time saved is worth everything! Dotloop gives me more options of use than zipform and is much easier to use. I am also able to take another agent's document and easily edit it in dotloop as a PDF.

Pros

Dotloop is very user-friendly and has almost every feature needed to handle real estate transactions from start to finish.

Cons

The least favorite thing is that when executing a Residential real estate contract, the last agent needs to insert the execution date, or the last date the contract is signed. Dotloop doesn't let the realtor make changes without wiping out signatures. This One item Only needs to have edit capabilities for the realtor OR it should automatically enter the execution date as the date the last party signature is input. This slows down the process GREATLY and takes out the electronic factor because the realtor has to save the final copy as a PDF, write in the execution date, and upload as another PDF - before sending to title, lending, clients, etc. - Filling in this date before final signature does not work because signature timing rarely coincides.

Arielle D.

Great Program for Paperless Companies!

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

I have never had any huge issues with Dotloop. If I ever experience anything difficult, the Dotloop customer service helps immediately to get the problem solved. Would highly recommend Dotloop for any paperless company!

Pros

The ease of use. Dotloop provides access to anyone with a simple addition of an email and a name. Very straight forward for clients to use, even let's them sign with a click of a button. Dotloop also keeps files neatly organized. You're even able to add PDF's direct from your email into the loop and folder you like!

Cons

There actually isn't much that our office does not like about Dotloop. The only thing that can be an issue is if you have one client as multiple parties. For example, while using the "auto-fill" function of dotloop, if you have an agent that also doubles as the purchaser, there is no way to use the same email account for separate signature spaces for the different roles. Before sending out to clients, you must go through the document and verify that all signatures spaces are assigned correctly.

Liz F.

Dot Loop Usage

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

As with a lot of things, I hated it when I started it. Now, I'm good with it. Once you learn it, you'll love it.

Pros

This is a good program for having everything in one place. You make a loop and add everything to that loop that pertains to the item you are doing. Since I am in real estate, the listing and sales of that listing can go into one loop and you don't need to search anywhere but in that loop for what you need. You add contacts and can get paperwork digitally signed. You don't need to keep paper. Great for paperless files. I can go from listing to closing on a house and have everything right there. Even getting the agent paid. Send what you need to the accounting department and wa-la....it's done. It keeps an activity log for each loop so you can go back and look to see if you missed something or not.

Cons

The training. I learn new things everyday. Training can't be done in just one sitting. There is so much to learn and you really need a good instructor. Most of it is easy, but still, I would like more training. The support team at the 800 # is great! You can't ask for better support.

Shane S.

All Day, Every Day

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

Pros

Dotloop is a piece of software that has been pivotal to the existence of my business for over 4 years now. It is an incredibly easy to use platform with great integrations and flexibility. I have been forced to use other services (like AppFiles) by clients who didn't have Dotloop and the difference is night and day. If you are in need of a document sharing system for Real Estate, hands down the best option available is Dotloop.

Cons

While I love most everything about this platform, I do wish there were most customization options for "white label" styling, allowing the end recipient to have a more clean "in house" feel. If they could include some ability to customize the front end and the notification emails, that would be awesome.

State of the Art Real Estate Transaction Manager

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Pros

Dotloop is fairly user friendly and easy to navigate. Since their recent update, it took some relearning where things were on the main menu page, but it provides a nice overview of each sale. Being about to create your own templates and edit already existing templates is a really nice feature. I like that our clients have their own portal on their end and can access shared documents whenever they need to.

Cons

I've been using this program for over four years now and I haven't run into too many things that are worth complaining about. As far as a real estate transaction management program, it has a really nice interface and is easy to use, even for senior realtors who are used to doing things with less technology involved.

Katie S.

Helps with ease of transaction

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

No need to drive across town for signatures, faxed docs are hard to read and speeds up the transaction processing. Love the auto fill abd template features!

Pros

Easy to use, upload docs, guides signers through documents. Easy to track progress and see if/when recipients have opened the documents

Cons

I wish it allowed me to set signing order. I.e. when I want to have buyers sign, then sellers agent receive, etc by setting that all up from the start. Right now, I have to resend to other agents after buyers sign. Same thing with leases, I want tenants to sign then once I'm done with verifications on my end, I can open and sign.

Michele T.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Pros

I like the dashboard of Dotloop. Each listing has a tile where it gives you a brief overview of the deal you are working on. It helps when managing a transaction. I like that you can upload multiple documents are at time and that you can store templates in the loops. I also like you can save multiple documents as and create a single PDF of all of them.

Cons

There isn't much I dislike about Dotloop execpt for the fact that you cannot mass export all of the data in your loops at a time. You have to pay for a service such as Dropbox do to this for you. The only work around is manually exporting everything one by one.

Response from dotloop

Hi Michele, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about dotloop.

Glad to hear you like the layout and functionality of the dashboard and tiles. We also appreciate your comments regarding not being able to mass export all of your data -- we'll make sure to take that feedback into consideration.

Thanks again!

7.0/10
Karon R.

Dotloop is the best software file management system!

Reviewed on 2019/05/05

It creates a perfect paperless system for our office, and the ease of the electronic signature feature is fabulous! Dotloop is very responsive and has ongoing training and help.

Pros

I like the ability to customize our forms, the ease of electronic signing, and the file management system. It's the best!

Cons

It takes a little too long to get customized forms returned for use, but overall, I think they do an amazing job.

Brianna M.

Dotloop Makes My Job Much Easier!

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Dotloop is sure to expedite your real estate efforts!! It is very user-friendly and helps with our team’s productivity.

Pros

I love the way I can autofill documents, create templates that I can use for each transaction, communicate with multiple clients and allies within the same transaction, custom title each loop, etc. Dotloop is very savvy and picks up most data from the Agreement of Sale (close date, price, etc) and automatically fills that information in! I also appreciate that signatures and initials are automatically dated with a time stamp.

Cons

The only “issue” I’ve had is that at times, when entering a client into a transaction, Dotloop pulls from a larger database (not just my clients) and has autofilled the incorrect information by pulling info from a different client. This has only happened a time or two, but I am always cautious as a result.

Nasim N.

Great customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

I was worried to lose my previous documents on dotloop when I was switching company but that had been solved with my my previous brokerage.

Pros

Dotloop makes my life much easier as a real estate person. Easy to use and customer service folks are always available to help and they are very friendly and helpful.

Cons

All went well. The only thing I am concern in future is that I use dotloop for my personal organization and documents. That is something they advertised to me before I use dotloop. If I need to switch company in future we have to have broker's permission to be able to use and keep our folders. I wish we still be able to keep our folders no matter what. especially the personal ones.

Tami J.

Dotloop has Changed the face of Real Estate Transactions forever!

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Dotloop is my number 1 go-to Real Estate product for working with agents and others on transactions. I am able to communicate, send documents, make requests and have a record of it all. There is no better product on the market for our industry.

Pros

Dotloop keeps everything in a transaction organized. It allows agents, admins and coordinators view everything and stay compliant, view history and communicate with record.

Cons

While I recognize why it isn't a feature, I do wish there was a way to delete unnecessary documents. There should be a way for the system to recognize blank documents or send notification to the other parties if you are deleting a document that was previously shared with them,as a safeguard.

I use this to manage and maintain real estate transactions for multiple real estate agents.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Getting signed contract documents quick and efficiently.

Pros

I like that everything is organized by loops and that you can auto populate information just by filling out a form and it fills out the information for you so you don't need to go in and do it yourself. I like the convenience of having it done for you and notifying you when something has been signed. I also like that you can upload templates so that you can fill out the information in DotLoop rather than in a PDF.

Cons

I don't like that when you are an admin for your company that everyone else that is an admin receives the signed document and I don't like that you can't opt out of certain agents signed documents when they are completed. I wish there was also an easier way to transfer your loops with all of your paperwork to one account to another.

Arielle D.

Dotloop files makes transactions easy

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Pros

Dotloop can be accessed from anywhere. This is great for real estate agents as they are able to pull up their files on the go, even from a mobile device. Electronic signatures also create the opprtunity for almost instant signatures without have to be present with the client. As long as your client has an email address, you can share documents, sign and store documents, and even have admin profiles to keep agents compliant with the Real Estate commission.

Cons

The only issue I have run into is an agent having difficulty uploading documents that are not a .pdf file. Unfortunately, dotloop will only accept PDF files.

Anna C.

Streamlined All Aspects of Our Business

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

We have used dotloop for about 3 years and more recently integrated some of our office processes into the loops. Now our agents can see (real-time) what our administrative staff is doing in the loop, through the use of workflow statuses and task lists.

Pros

I love the ability for the agents and the staff to be looking in the same place for the same information.

Cons

dotloop is still new enough that they haven't been able to think through every nook and cranny of the real estate business. However, they are doing a phenomenal job of being at the leading edge...and I look forward to what they'll grow into.

Response from dotloop

Thanks for the review, Anna!

Kayleigh M.

5 Stars!

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Love it!!

Pros

Super easy to use and makes my work a lot easier and efficient.

Cons

No complaints to say I like anything “the least”

Response from dotloop

Hi Kayleigh! Thanks for the kind words about how dotloop makes managing your real estate transactions easier and more efficient.

Ashley C.

Dot Loop Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Bottom Line, its easy and SO organized. Can be as detailed or as vague as you want it to be!

Pros

That it is literately all there. They are able to be titled as I want, they are able to have the folders all with in, and its the EASIEST system. You can't go wrong.

Cons

The only thing I find hard, is with a team some of the messages that are sent out the other team mates can't see and since I created a check list I am the only one who can add it to a loop even if I don't create the loop the other team mates can't add that check list. I have to wait for my invitation in order to go in and add that list when we all use it.