Microsoft Outlook

Email & calendar software

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

My mailbox got a lot more organized

Reviewed on 2020/09/07

It was easy to use and totally worth it. Would recommend!

Pros

The section that separates the focused mail from the others is really helpful. It helps look at the important emails first, before going through the others.

Cons

It was kind of different from Gmail my initial choice, so took time to adjust. The layout was kind of different, but I got used to it in a week.

Rashi B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Outlook is great for functionality

Reviewed on 2021/02/07

Overall, I have had a great experience with outlook. I even integrate my personal calendar so I can see all of my affairs in one place (thanks to the feature to keep things private if needed)

Pros

I like how I can see all of my emails and create rules to automatically filter them to folders and the ease of managing my calendar while also syncing my teams calendar to effectively set meetings.

Cons

At first, it can be hard to figure out where all of the buttons lie but once you get used to it, it’s a great tool.

Jason J.

Probably the best email tool out there, if you are tech savvy enough to use it.

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Pros

Microsoft Outlook is full of far more features than most email clients. I really like being able to set automatic replies when I am away from work. I like the number of plugins compatible with Outlook. If you have a Microsoft Exchange inbox, Outlook makes it very easy to set up your email, without having to deal with POP/IMAP settings. The ability to share contact groups among other employees comes in very handy. Most importantly, at least for our company, it can store an extremely large amount of emails before causing the software to become unstable.

Cons

Outlook is not without its problems. It tends to be filled with randomly occurring bugs. I often have to use the inbox repair tool provided by Outlook for our employees. Some are caused by overwhelming amounts of emails being stored offline, which is understandable. Often, however, other bugs appear randomly. Sometimes Outlook is just suddenly unable to start, despite not having to load a large amount of data and requires the use of the inbox repair tool. Most recently I was unable to make an employee's laptop able to send emails until I downgraded him from Outlook 2016 to 2013. The support for problems such as these is very poor. Asking questions on the Microsoft forum often results in a generic list of things to try that any IT Manager would have already thought to try. One last point of criticism is Outlook's handling of POP3 protocol. Many users who were originally connected to Outlook via POP3 noticed their emails would come in bunches, rather than right after they were sent. It's hard to say how much of that is Outlook's fault, but certainly if you are choosing to use Outlook, I would recommend IMAP and Exchange over POP3. Overall, Outlook is a terrific tool, but it would be greatly improved if Microsoft took more time to address its bugs as well as provide better support to their customers.

Muhammad J.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Best Email Configuration and Offline Applicatio

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

Outlook Microsoft application is very streamlined application and working very seamlessly, Outlook also allows me to arrange my emails to be separated not only by inbox

Pros

Microsoft outlook is our secure and backbone plus primary source of email application in which you can configure any email domain or account, within one application you can configure multiple accounts where you can easily get all your email at one place, and very fast exchange of email collaboration, it is our primary place f email communication for our organization and all users, we are using in our all department, and see this is is one of the best service which will not be going down, it also allow us for group distribution of information via mail group, we can also reservation of conference rooms once send an email to room email, we are loving it

Cons

Every time whenever we can not receive an emails because of any reason we must have to click on send and receive button which i personally don't like it , why it can not sync automatically

• Industry: Law Practice

Nice but needs revamping

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Overall it gets the job done. I have a lpt of issues with spam.

Pros

It is a nice. It serves its purpose for emails. At times their can be a lag. I am not a fan of paying extra for spam reporting. This should be a regular feature.

Cons

I am not sure about the security. I receive a lot of phishing emails. They concern me because they seem like they are coming from reputable domains. I do not have this issue with gmail.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great inbox for emails- professional

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

Overall it is a great tool to use in the workplace. It consolidates meetings into a good calendar view and has a view on the right side when you are checking emails. You can also easily find email addresses of your colleagues in the directory.

Pros

Professional software to use at work. Easy to communicate within the company network and integrates easily with other Microsoft apps such as skype, excel, and word. For Microsoft excel you can install macros, etc. The inbox syncs well with your calendar so you are able to view all meetings. If you integrate it with Skype you will be able to see the availability of your colleagues and chat with them in real time.

Cons

The least thing I like is the upgrades. The upgrade deployment takes awhile and during the 24 hour period you won't have access to your inbox. Also, if you send files that are too large you will need to zip the file before sending. Sometimes inbox freezes as well.

Steven C.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The quintessential tool for email and calendar management

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Outlook is an absolute workplace necessity for me, and it would be hard to imagine using a different program. I spend far and away the most time with emails, and a significant amount of time with the calendar function as well. I expect to continue using the program for many years to come, given how ubiquitous it is in corporate settings.

Pros

I like the ability to organize emails into folders, and customize my notification settings when new emails arrive. I also appreciate that the calendar functionality allows me to color-code meetings, get reminders prior to meetings, and is integrated with Microsoft Teams for virtual conference calls.

Cons

The most time-consuming task is searching through old emails or links. Also, scheduling and deleting meetings can sometimes be a pain (especially if they are recurring ones over a long period of time), because of the number of emails that can get triggered to flood the inbox.

Cesar a S.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A great email option for people and companies

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

Pros

All the products of apps of Microsoft are awesone and this is not left behind, Outlook are so easy to use, you have your inbox on the left, your emails on the middle and the details and contacts on the right side of the screen, so you can handle or your information easily. You can also manage your contacts and emails by creating folders to keep all your information in order. Another great feature is the huge amount of user that are connected with Outlook that is a huge advantadge for make groups of friends and coworkers.

Cons

Sometimes the app does not load all the information, and has another mistakes vinculated with the interphase, I remember one ocassion when I cannot closed my email, and was really frustrating for me because I share my computer with another partnerts, bur fortunately errors like this are solve very quickly for Microsoft.

Benjamin B.

Great email tool

Reviewed on 2018/05/06

Pros

Outlook is a cool email tool. Especially the design is way better than with gmail. It also is very basic in its functionality and hence it is fairly easy to use, even if you are not an experienced PC user. The fact that you can choose from several domains when opening the account is yet another advantage. In addition, the Outlook account serves as a Microsoft Account and can also be used with Windows Phone and Windows 8 / Windows 10 computers for better integration.

Cons

Compared to gmail, Outlook is very slim when it comes to functionality. In addition, the adverts are more obstrusive than with Gmail. There is an option, to get an ad-free version of Outlook, but it appears to be fairly expensive, considered what you get. Customer Service from Microsoft is yet another issue. Other than that, great tool.

Freddie I.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Excellent functionality but takes time to master

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Pros

Outlook is the definitive email tool and for anyone needing to respond to emails daily and manage them i would not recommend anything else.

The degrees to which you can personalise the user interface are vast and how it syncs with your calendar management is helpful.

It's ability to sync with other office 365 toosl, such as OneNote also makes the overall user experience of Outlook when used alongside other Microsoft products a big bonus.

Cons

The system can be overwhelming with so many features and personalisation options that some of the best features are hidden.

The new outlook (2016) has also removed the ability to have pop-up alerts when a new email comes in. This is particualarly frustrating and would welcome a return to this feature being switched on or off.

Microsoft Outlook

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Pros

Fantastic integration with all other MS Office products. Solid service, great integration options.

Cons

When it breaks, it really breaks. The Android app is not the best, unable to go from message to message without going back to the 'inbox'. Swipe options not available.

Clinton G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Email client packed full of features

Reviewed on 2020/09/26

We have so many emails throughout the day, so my experience with has been great. I especially like how I can keep things organized and up to date.

Pros

There are a lot of features that you have the option to use, one of my most tine saving techniques are when I can put signature messages and I just select them fron the insert drop fown lists. Saves a ton of time and very easy to setup or change if needed. Another thing I like are the options of changing our unread emails to a different color.

Cons

It was unclear for the longest time how to send to One Note. It took forever to find how to send it there. One button doesnt do anything, and the other button does.

Charles S.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Use of Microsoft Outlook

Reviewed on 2020/11/13

Overall I mainly use this software on my iPhone as well as my laptop at work and to date I’ve always gotten all my emails not only delivered but also received on time, been a great experience

Pros

This software for someone like me I have found very easy to use and understand. I first started using it in 2015 at another job I had and even then I was new to it and found the instructions easy to read the terminology simple and I have been using it since.

Cons

The only thing I don’t or didn’t like about the software was that I didn’t know about it sooner and that I didn’t have it installed on all of my devices. Seriously there’s nothing I don’t like about it.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Floyd P.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

The best solution for email organization

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

Greater efficiency when managing messages. It offers practically unlimited storage space for documents and files, it can be used on any type of device (computer, tablet, smartphone...). Integration of an office automation editor to create and edit documents in multiple formats, calendar tool and meeting schedule.

Cons

The incorporation of new features or plugins should be possible, It is slower than other communication systems, the password recovery processes are complex, and the configuration of a domain @mycompany.com require technical knowledge and involves the completion of several steps that must be meticulously followed to be successful.

Evita G.

The #1 Email Service in the Country

Reviewed on 2020/10/25

My overall experience is positive and is a great way to send and receive messages as well as organize meetings and set alerts. It’s a way to make sure I am solving the problem of email communication with colleagues.

Pros

What I like most about Microsoft Outlook is that I am able to organize and sort my emails by date and relevance. I am also able to create multiple folders and alerts for meetings.

Cons

Sometimes when I am looking for an old email from a year or two years ago, using the right keywords it’s hard to find the correct email. Also, I feel as though Microsoft could be better at controlling the amount of spam emails that come through.

Nandani M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Good mailing software with integration support

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

I like outlook the best among mailing software.

Pros

I like outlook's scheduling feature. It also showed me room availability while booking a room for a meeting. You can also see free schedule of other teammates and it makes it easier to setup a meeting. It has integrations with meeting software like webex and you can directly add in webex links. It has folder organization and you can setup rules to redirect mails to a specific folder.

Cons

Sometimes, it asked me password again and again while logging in. It was irritating. It might be due to some security setup within my org, not sure.

• Industry: Entertainment

Must have email for all PC users

Reviewed on 2020/12/19

I love my microsoft outlook email the inbox is clean, and i can use my email address for literally everything

Pros

One email for everything
Can be used on Xbox, one drive, app store, everything that microsoft owns.
They often give rewards to their users not sure if its to xbox users but ive gotten a couple of xbox codes.
you can also use your email on bing to collect points for rewards.

Cons

They could improve on the ease of access everything i use anything with the email i need my password, would be better if its only needed once then ask if you want to use it again for next time or a set amount of time.

Jesús noehi P.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Probably the best professional mail client

Reviewed on 2020/09/10

Its been a very good experience, its easy to use if you only need to do basic mail management, but it also provides you with professional tools if you need them.

Pros

Its very easy to work with Outlook, manage, categorize, schedule meetings, text formating, its an ideal work for professional environments.

Cons

Even though it has improved, dealing with pst files is still a bit troublesome when they reach certain size, so its better not to use POP3 protocol if you dont have an exchange server.

Stacy C.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 2020/11/16

I use this every day, I have used it at every job I've had. It's easy to use, standard amongst most companies, and syncs with my calendar easily.

Pros

I like that you can categorize your emails by simply clicking right, including marking them unread, I like that you can create rules so that certain emails will go directly to a folder, and I like that you can recall emails after they have gone out if you don't want them to be read (sent by accident)

Cons

There are a TON of features so it takes a long time to learn many of them and really take advantage of the product.

Ryan C.

Standard E-Mail Client

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

I like a stand-alone email client. Nothing wrong with web interfaces, they just work better for me. Outlook is my go-to client. Handles numerous email accounts and messages. Effective search index, built-in calendar and Skype is just icing on the cake.

Cons

At random it will just lose its mind. Stop sending emails, keep telling me my password is wrong when it isn't.
Locks up at random all the time for no real reason. Most of the Microsoft support forums are just outdated garbage that offer no real insight as to how to fix issues that like for the current version.

Old friend for mailing

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

Last version of outlook has great smart features like reminding you about incoming invoice payments or smart summaries of your mails.
With outlook you can easily schedule a meeting. Outlook helps you to find best time frame for every attendee.
When you add CC to a mail without reply-all outlook will warn you about this action.

Cons

Mac version of Outlook has least features comparing to windows one. Specially while composing mails. Updates are very frequent it's getting closer to Windows version day by day.

Brian Y.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Outlook: more than a mail service

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Pros

The messengers were in the past, although there are people who use it, but today in the 21st century email is essential, if you have one you are lost and Outlook offers more than that, synchronization with your phone, calendar, schedule meetings, calls by Skype, it's just wonderful.

Cons

What annoying would be the ads that appear on the right side, the only thing I like the least, although seeing the advantages offered in general Outlook is not so significant

Microsoft Outlook Email

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

I have had nothing but good experiences with Microsoft Outlook Email. I send and receive a large volume of emails on a daily basis at work and this is the way that most of us in my company use to communication with coworkers as well as clients.

Pros

I find this software very user friendly and easy to navigate. I have been using this at work for over 20 years.

Cons

There isn't anything I dislike about this software. It has more options that other software do. I fell extremely comfortable using it.

A great partner for everyday work tasks

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

Outlook is all you could ever need in a mail client. With new releases it gets better and better and we have seen a very stable environment so far. We use it professionally to schedule meetings, maintain contact lists and send emails.

Cons

We have had slight hiccups with the client in certain server upgrades. We were however to clear this up with the technical team and could resolve this in no time. The online interface works great as well and very handy on your mobile.

.kim M.
  • Industry: Design

Use Microsoft Outlook To Easily Manage Emails And Email Accounts

Reviewed on 2019/04/21

I use Microsoft Outlook 2013 daily in my web design business. We can design, save, organize and collaborate together using it's advanced email productivity features.

Pros

I like the way Microsoft Outlook easily enables us to send, receive, and create many emails each day using the many advanced email account features and email creation features.

Cons

Outlook seems to slow down or even freeze, especially when your doing a lot with it, even on computers with more resources.