Microsoft Outlook Reviews

Saravanan
  • Industry: Human Resources

Mail communication with Microsoft Outlook

Reviewed on 2023/08/15

Very good. Was using this product more than 10 years when i started using computer / laptop

Pros

Best way to send email communication to our clients and employees

Cons

Nothing least about this product , overall performance of this product is just outstanding

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Outlook

Sorting of mail received and sent from customers is very difficult

Yahoo Mail

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

Data security, multiple options within the product where we can gather customers' details like contact number, whether he is available for chatting or not, desk / extension number etc

Like outlook

Reviewed on 2024/04/30

I like it but can you put a priority feature in mobile app

I like it but can you put a priority feature in mobile app

Pros

I like that feature show high or low priority

Cons

The feature of priority is not present in mobile app

Arshiya

Outstanding

Reviewed on 2024/06/07

Outstanding. Using since 8+ years. Very easy to commute.

Outstanding. Using since 8+ years. Very easy to commute.

Pros

User friendly. Easy way to commute. Easy to use.

Cons

Nothing as such. Overall good product. Must required for every office.

Jennifer

Critical software for daily work, opportunities for improvement or implementing work arounds

Reviewed on 2023/07/06

Pros

The features that are most important and impactful for daily work include email management and communication. At its core, Outlook is able to achieve this and is considered a critical software for my role and our organization. I am able to send, reply, forward, and overall communication via email. I am also able to manage my inbox and subfolders.Outlook is relatively easy to use but there are some nuances that a new beginner would not be familiar with. Additionally, there are newer features that require more learning.Outlook integrates well with existing business processes and systems.

Cons

The search functionality could be significantly improved. I've never had good experience when trying to go back and search for a previous email. Typically, the default search shows way too much, including things that aren't relevant. And then when filtering down within the search, it does not show enough to aid in finding what I was looking for.I utilize the delay sending feature and it has been difficult to use. I've experienced some issues previously. It will not release emails related to appointment responses, which results in confusion and additional manual steps.

Vandana
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Best ever product amalgamating email,diaries, to do list & Chat

Reviewed on 2024/02/26

This is the best product available free and also in the subscription format. Love how various aspects of everyday work life is integrated over various productivity tools to bring nito one seamless interface.

Pros

The ease of integrating calendar with the email and chat

Cons

Thatyou can no longer copy calendar events.

Ruben

An email system that works

Reviewed on 2024/05/19

Pros

It's a solid option that does the trick.

Cons

It's aesthetically not the best feel or interface, in comparison to others, but it works.'

Amal
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great app!

Reviewed on 2024/04/25

Notifications
Interface
Sleek look
Smooth operating

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about Microsoft outlook

ROGERS

Email review

Reviewed on 2024/04/22

Pros

Good for daily work
Email management
Easy setup

Cons

The performance, sometimes it freeze the application

MARITZA
  • Industry: Accounting

EXCELLENT

Reviewed on 2024/04/26

Pros

EASY FOR USAGE FOR THE TEAM ANF FRIENDLY IMAGE

Cons

SOME TIMES VERY SLOW BUT IF COULD BE BETTER

Lei

Daily Email Management Tool

Reviewed on 2024/04/24

Pros

Email is always functional. Able to send new email and reply message.
And able to send email to Slack.

Cons

Looking for improvements of how to easily manage priority items from daily unread messages.

Outlook 356 (Desktop App )

Reviewed on 2022/09/30

Compared to other email clients and even Outlook Web, this version (Outlook desktop) provides a lot of power and since it is bundled with the other apps in MS Office 365, using it is a no-brainer. We use it mostly for general business emails and receiving notice of store orders. We have used it for bulk mailing but it is not the easiest to use for that.

Pros

It is easy to use for end users; allows for extensive customization; allows for integration with MS Word and Excel; allows easy, attractive formatting of emails.

Cons

Some features are only available depending on what type of email server is managing your service. For instance, you cannot easily just "turn on" an out-of-office auto-reply unless your email comes from an Exchange server. If you are on an IMAP or POP server, you have to create a rule using a template email and it's much more involved. It can have trouble searching large mailboxes. It does not like running the same account/profile on more than one PC (emails visible on one are not always available/visible on the other).

ProtonMail and Thunderbird

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

Stability; availability in MS Office which we already used; can use with any email hosting provider.
Souleymane
Souleymane
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

The perfect email software for you.

Reviewed on 2023/08/21

Outlook is the ideal software for the email service of your company. It offers several advanced features to manage your company's emails effectively.

Pros

What I like about Outlook is that it offers all the email features that allow users to easily manage their emails. It also provides an integrated calendar for organizing meetings and appointments.

Cons

I have been using Outlook email for over 2 years in my company, and I haven't found any negative points. Outlook truly offers a high-quality email service.

Gábor
  • Industry: Automotive

Outlook everywhere

Reviewed on 2022/10/26

From user point of view: As an MS product is works well with others with the family. There are some rival out there, mostly Apple's solution, maybe HP's, yet the possibilities of Outlook, and with or without the 3rd party add-ons are very good. Comparing it to Word is has far less features, Excel table visualization or integration could be more featureful, yet this is an e-mailing sw. I have seen Outlook nearly at every company as you may get is for free e.g.: within a package of O365, or as an individual software with the Professional package. In the "Pros" you may see how Outlook can be the no. 1 sw. for you. Yes, there are rivals everywhere, yet for mailing, I find the Outlook to be the best.From admin point of view: With MS Exchange they are a superb combo, either you are using it On-premise or On-demand. Latter over the last 5 years, did have a huge development and became stable and now are the leaders, on-premise Infrastructure: For on-premise instances failover, correctly set loadbalancers, some easy white listing solution, backup methodology and mostly, a qualified staff is needed.For on-demand, some of these still needed, mostly the staff, some pains can be forgotten with the maintenance and the TCO is reduced.

Pros

Similar layout to other MS sw. you may already knowCan get response about mail deliveryFast, accurateCan embed files, pictureQuick action bar is customizableCustomizable settings"Works" offline tooLinks to files, web pages can be used wellCan mention name, delegate task, conduct marketing campaigns, even do polls

Cons

"Delivery" success often depends on other components, settingsSometimes does not save draft letter, nor automaticallyGeneral SPAM filtering could be in place, could be betterSearch options layout was better in the old versionsCalendar for other participants can act weirdLot of phishing can be made with it

Turan
  • Industry: Automotive

Universal Mailbox MS Outlook

Reviewed on 2023/04/23

Whether professional or non-professional, MS Outlook is much more than a mailbox that provides solutions by controlling all your processes. It is a professional software that compiles, collects and organizes all mails in the digital world. In addition to all these, it also has a structure that protects my data in the background that it does not see on the forehead. I can access my e-mails instantly from wherever I want, and I can manage automatic e-mails when I cannot access them. Thanks to the quick rules, I can group or share the work plan. Moreover, thanks to its powerful reminder and calendar, I can manage my current agenda. Backing up my data to portable media has never been faster. Plugins, files are very simple and easy with just drag and drop.

Pros

With its advanced interface design, easy adaptation and transition to use is great. Ability to manage all my emails online and offline. Online instant access from anywhere I want thanks to local or cloud-based mail storage. Combining many features such as my mail, contacts, calendars, groups in one place. While saving time, the protection of all my e-mails is guaranteed with MS security. Thanks to its simple and useful interface, you can experience a fast and easy adaptation process. It provides time and cost savings thanks to advanced search, folder, archiving technologies and drag and drop methods. Plus 100% user satisfaction. The rules you create, spam protections, blocking or flagging technology also offer you another universal solution. It is also a great solution when it works together with other MS technologies.

Cons

Basically I can't find any description for MS Outlook to write negatively. In fact, the problems experienced in the past are completely resolved every day, providing a new user experience. It quickly adapts itself to the developing world. We no longer experience the problems we experience especially in the swelling storage area.

Sabharish
Sabharish
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Truly an enterprise level communications solution, much more than just emails!

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Overall, it is a great product packed with capabilities and is constantly improving by the day. It forms the foundation for any successful work environment and the parent company Microsoft is very good about listening to their users feedback and offering solutions in a timely manner as well.

Pros

I'm going to begin with the ease of use and how there is virtually no connectivity issues. Some of my favorite features are the integrations with other tools in the Microsoft Suite like Teams, SharePoint, Delve, Analytics, Stream, OneDrive etc. I love the calendar capabilities and scheduling assistant that quickly helps me find available times. The search bar is excellent and returns valuable and accurate results. Some of the analytics offered by outlook is also very helpful as it tells me how long on average I spend writing/reading emails, in meetings etc. vs how much focus time I actually have to work. Automation is another huge area that adds a lot of value. Being able to set automatic replies and make it custom as needed. Outlook also allows to create generic groups and inboxes and listservs very easily.

Cons

Grouping emails is still pretty difficult and manual. If outlook would create themes or containers based on the content in the email or the subject line, it would make it more easier for me to prioritize. Also which emails need my attention immediately vs the ones that can wait a bit longer. I've had a lot of trouble with rescheduling meetings and that sending the right timely updates to the invitees. Sometimes it is delayed and sometimes never goes out and Outlook sometimes does have some syncing issues as well. Creating signatures for different purposes was also slightly difficult. No way to unsend an email still and that would be helpful.

Thien

The email software enhanced by the MS Office suite

Reviewed on 2023/02/23

Pros

Emails and contacts are synced seamlessly across my devices. Integration with other video collaboration and to-do programs is readily there. The price is also reasonable, given that I got it as part of my MS Office subscription.

Cons

Searching is not always exhaustive (this can sometimes be solved by trying a different keyword or weirdly enough, switching to the web version). Sent notification is pretty obscure. Very rarely, I send an email, believing that it has already been sent, only to discover the next time I check that it's still in my outbox.

Gmail and Yahoo Mail
Binny
Binny
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Best tool for email available in market!

Reviewed on 2022/07/22

My company has switched to AD and now we are using Outlook (admin and user) with MS Teams. They work amazingly good when coupled together. The are built to scale in enterprise networks. For small startup setup, this is not a good idea, but to scale to enterprise level, they provide you multiple secure ways to access and assess.

Pros

I have been using Outlook over 1 year or more now. I love the way teams can collaborate over Active Directory. Microsoft provides ease of use applications with their AD, outlook and teams are one of such. The way we can use the keyboard shortcuts in desktop app, feels like using native windows. I love their outbox thread, suppose the email is delayed for some reason, it will be there in outbox before reflecting it in sent items, this removes any discrepancy that could take place. But I love the encrypted emails feature, which I have never noticed in rivals yet.

Cons

Well apart from just good talk, I have few things to highlight too. OOF message (Automatic replies) are to be set manually each day, why cannot we automate it for each day in upcoming week?
Also, there should be a feature of email templates, which I did not find. When we have multiple email formats we have to store it in notepad and later copy paste, this things are something which needs to be considered while purchasing this product.

Georgios
  • Industry: Maritime
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Microsoft Outlook a daily and very useful tool for everybody.

Reviewed on 2024/02/15

I use Microsoft Outlook in daily basis.
Is the best mail management program in the market.
I have...

I use Microsoft Outlook in daily basis.
Is the best mail management program in the market.
I have it in all my devices and I can use it everywhere very friendly in use and I suggest it to every proffesional.

Pros

Very easy to use, very friendly environment.
Very useful the pinned mails tool.
Best in the market mails management program.
You can find it through app or through browser in every device pc,laptop,tablet and in every system iOS or Android.

Cons

If you comlete your storage you need to pay in order to have access in extra storage.
Also when I send a mail I can understand if my mail send it or not but I cannot see if my mail is opened or not.I mean if the receiver read my mail.This one feature that I can do it with an external app but not included in the Microsoft Outlook.

David
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Improving all the time

Reviewed on 2023/09/12

Email and calendar functions are 100% reliable and I never have issues with anything related to Outlook, other than app response time on mobile being quite slow.

Pros

The thing I like most about Outlook is that it just works, from any device I use, and it keeps getting new features that make it smoother and easier to use. Everything looks the same whenever I log in, from any device, so it's just easy to find messages or appointments that I'm looking for and stay up to date on communication.

Cons

My main complaint is that the mobile version is incredibly slow, but I suspect that is because of security layers that my company has put on all our devices.

Sara

MIcrosoft Outlook the email client

Reviewed on 2024/04/09

I may say Microsoft Outlook is mandatory if you have a business email and send and receive a lot of mails.
I think it's the best email client, you can manage all your emails is a very smart way; the interface is clean and intuitive. You can create your own folders and add rules to them to organize the messages. There are a lot of addons for Outlook for a useful integration with most used (third party) programs. The calendar will help you to schedule your appointments, meetings and task to do.
If you need information you will easily find the answer on internet.
It's worth the price!

Pros

Lot of support and informations
Lot of addons

Cons

You need a license
I don't like some layout changes of features

Thunderbird

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

Because Thunderbird is free and quite known.
Ben
  • Industry: Design

Much better than it's reputation

Reviewed on 2023/02/23

It allows us to organise e-mail and flow it into our other processes well.

It allows us to organise e-mail and flow it into our other processes well.

Pros

It's pretty easy to use and, as you'd expect, integrates incredibly well into the Microsoft eco system. For example; I can flag an email in outlook and it shows up on my ToDo list app with all the info pre-filled.It has an extensive feature set and is a lot less clunky than it used to be, especially on mac/iOS where it's improved massively lately. You can create meetings in the calendar and have it automatically create and send Teams invites for those meetings if they're virtual without leaving outlook.

Cons

It can at times suffer from the usual Microsoft issue of toggles galore. Everything has a setting, which can be good, but also is sometimes just too much choice for the sake of it!

Thunderbird

Features, price, integrations.
Denise

MS Outlook

Reviewed on 2023/01/05

I feel MS Office is the best choice for a business. It is more secure than having a Google email account for your business and looks more professional.

Pros

MS Apps, along with a central calendar and a user-friendly email system, make this program worth the cost. The options to sort emails, the notification process, the ability to add tasks, as well as other apps from the MS family, makes it easier to handle your standard business needs.

Cons

Rules management is one of the most difficult items to use in MS Outlook. Once everything was set up, I thought the respective emails would automatically move to the folder created for them, but I guess I missed something in the setup. I don't know how to fix it and the help options really didn't answer my questions on this one.

Christina
Christina
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

With Microsoft Outlook we receive our emails safely and professionally

Reviewed on 2022/05/07

My favorite feature of this program is the ability to automatically send meeting invitations to recently deleted folders and then retrieve them if necessary. I like this function since the inbox folder can only hold critical emails, and they aren't being forwarded to that folder. I enjoy being able to check other people's schedules so I can set up meetings and, if necessary, communicate with them directly. I enjoy the ease with which folders and emails can be established and organized.

Pros

Cons

Since there are so many features and connections, it might be a bit overwhelming to find out what each one does. You'll ultimately get the hang of it with a little tinkering. I'm still prone to accidentally archiving or deleting an email because of a few erroneous typos. Because of this, I've learned to pay attention to the buttons I press when in my Inbox.

Waleed
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

The best suitable method for all needs to manage and organize e-mail

Reviewed on 2022/04/23

Microsoft Outlook enables us to manage e-mail and organize meetings with high efficiency. The team keeps in touch and enables them to exchange messages quickly and get a complete picture of all updates.

Pros

Microsoft Outlook is easy to use and contains calendar, contacts and all the tools you need to manage everything related to your email in one place. Microsoft Outlook increases interaction with email, and you will be able to send messages in distinctive formats due to the strong integration with the rest of the Office applications, which makes it easy for you to insert texts and tables Format it as you wish. I love how email addresses are logged, adding notes, and scheduling meetings in simple steps. One of my favorite features of Microsoft Outlook is the ability to plan to send emails at specific times, it can also have meetings, tasks and contacts on many windows, which can be an excellent system for managing tasks between different employees who can delegate productivity throughout our company . I trust their security and the layers of protection they provide for data.

Cons

I don't think there's anything I dislike about Microsoft Outlook, it's easy to use and all the tools are crystal clear and designed to suit all needs.

• Industry: Banking

My least favorite app from Microsoft Suite

Reviewed on 2022/09/20

Overall it's not as bad as Lotus Notes used to be, where email addresses were not stores, and we had to remember exact spelling of each.
If search functionality would improve, it would be an amazing app.

Pros

my whole career (20 years) I worked in large companies - so choice between email is pretty much between Outlook and Lotus Notes, and Outlook is light years easier to use than Notes.
On a plus side -
*It remembers your contacts, and names auto populate next time to start entering them.
*It integrates well with your company messaging tool (so show what contacts are online)
*Out of Office is easy to use

Cons

*Search functionality can be greatly improved. As unbelievable as it sounds Gmail has a much better Search engine, and I would gladly exchange it for all fancy but not as useful add-ins outlook has.
*Hard to sort emails. If I am looking for email from Jack Zinger, and I am sorting alphabetically - I need to go through all email from all other persons named Jack first, unless I find Zinger's email, and sort there.
*Meetings are not complicated to set up, but you need to go back and forth until option to invite attendees appears. I don;'t understands why its not offered immediately.