Microsoft Outlook Reviews

Mahmoud
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Email in professional way

Reviewed on 2022/09/04

As an overall if you want a software for the personal purpose then it's up to you to choose between it or Gmail , but if you want it for the professional use , there's no any software better than Outlook

Pros

On a professional level, there is nothing better to communicate, I have worked with more than one company and did not see one of them using another tool to send emails.
The ability to sync to all devices is incredible , it also help you to manage important emails

Cons

Personally, I haven't had any problems with Outlook, it's really makes my life easily

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Outlook

As I said for the professional use , outlook more better than Gmail because the accessibility for the important emails more flexible

Gmail

Great product if you use M365!

Reviewed on 2022/05/12

Great email service! love the M365 integrations!

Great email service! love the M365 integrations!

Pros

Great integration with M365 ecosystem. I can integrate all the emails with my teams apps and provides a seamless transition between apps. Great email archiving features. I love the spam blocker as well.!

Cons

I don't like the UI/UX. It is too complex and not easy on the eyes. Browser version is fine. but mobile browser is not very user-friendly!

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Outlook

M365 provides better features, and it came bundled with gmail. (storage is better)

Jennifer

Critical software for daily work, opportunities for improvement or implementing work arounds

Reviewed on 2023/07/06

Pros

The features that are most important and impactful for daily work include email management and communication. At its core, Outlook is able to achieve this and is considered a critical software for my role and our organization. I am able to send, reply, forward, and overall communication via email. I am also able to manage my inbox and subfolders.Outlook is relatively easy to use but there are some nuances that a new beginner would not be familiar with. Additionally, there are newer features that require more learning.Outlook integrates well with existing business processes and systems.

Cons

The search functionality could be significantly improved. I've never had good experience when trying to go back and search for a previous email. Typically, the default search shows way too much, including things that aren't relevant. And then when filtering down within the search, it does not show enough to aid in finding what I was looking for.I utilize the delay sending feature and it has been difficult to use. I've experienced some issues previously. It will not release emails related to appointment responses, which results in confusion and additional manual steps.

ABAKASH
ABAKASH
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Outlook Brilliance: Navigating the Digital Inbox with Ease!

Reviewed on 2023/11/13

Outlook is my email haven! Its clean design and user-friendly interface make managing emails a breeze. The search function is a lifesaver, and organizing with folders is a game-changer. I love the prioritization feature—it keeps me on top of important tasks. However, occasional lags can be a downside, and the calendar sync could be smoother. Despite minor hiccups, Outlook is my go-to for seamless communication and efficient organization. It's like having a personal assistant for my inbox!

Pros

I love how Microsoft Outlook simplifies my email life. The inbox organization is top-notch; I find what I need effortlessly. The search and filter options are a game-changer, making it a breeze to locate specific emails. The prioritization feature keeps me focused on what matters most, ensuring I never miss important messages. Archiving and retention help declutter without losing valuable information. The user-friendly interface makes navigating a joy. Overall, Outlook is my go-to for a stress-free email experience.

Cons

Outlook can be a bit slow at times, and the calendar sync could be smoother. Minor glitches, but overall, a reliable tool for daily communication.

Jainz
Jainz
  • Industry: Market Research

A very dependable software

Reviewed on 2022/11/29

using this from way back in 2009, I feel like this is legacy software that you cannot get rid of.

Pros

ability to compile really good and professional emails, fast and responsive and low tasking on the cpu considering the capability.

Cons

the micro lags that take place when searching old emails, plus proper email tracking and internal bulk sending.

Corey

Outlook the app we all wanted to stay the same

Reviewed on 2023/09/12

I use and manage Outlook for several clients and MS changes it the interface way too often and clients cannot find buttons that used to be in the same place for years but someone at MS decides to move it - leave it alone please!

Pros

It is a decent email app in that it lets you receive and send emails

Cons

Now way to save your customizations and everyone has their own setup - would be great if this was something that could be saved and imported when a new profile is needed to be created because the old one corrupted!

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

I didn't...but my clients have no choice in many situations and setups
Sarah
Sarah

Outlook is amazing

Reviewed on 2020/10/01

I've used it with every company I've ever worked for and also have done support for our clients that use it as well for the last 15 years it's a great product

Pros

I like how organized you can keep your emails and folders also to be able to set up rules to automatically put specific emails into folders and the calendar reminders are fantastic

Cons

Every once in awhile it glitches and you'll have to either update or reinstall it other than that it's a great program to use

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

Outlook is a lot more secure and diverse to use for businesses over Gmail
Girish
Girish

Hassle Free Email Solution

Reviewed on 2022/05/05

Great experience. Very useful specially when travelling as all the data is stored locally too.

Pros

Best in business. Easy to setup and use. Very fast and user full for corporate & office user.

Cons

Data usage is high as email are downloaded locally & storage size is needed.

Anuschka

Somewhat on the fence

Reviewed on 2023/09/12

Overall ive had an okay experience however I find it to be pricy to purchase.

Overall ive had an okay experience however I find it to be pricy to purchase.

Pros

I like that I can have multiple accounts in one space

Cons

Its not always so user friendly and I often have issuew with emails

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

Its easier to keep everything in one place instead of having it all over the place
Nicole
Nicole
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Outlook is the best email I've had for business.

Reviewed on 2022/06/11

If I had a large corporation I would probably use a paid version of Outlook for our company email.

Pros

the clean interface and since it was a paid version there were no ads either!

Cons

sometimes I don't like using things made by Microsoft...

ProtonMail

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

More mainstream and streamlined for business.

Outlook 356 (Desktop App )

Reviewed on 2022/09/30

Compared to other email clients and even Outlook Web, this version (Outlook desktop) provides a lot of power and since it is bundled with the other apps in MS Office 365, using it is a no-brainer. We use it mostly for general business emails and receiving notice of store orders. We have used it for bulk mailing but it is not the easiest to use for that.

Pros

It is easy to use for end users; allows for extensive customization; allows for integration with MS Word and Excel; allows easy, attractive formatting of emails.

Cons

Some features are only available depending on what type of email server is managing your service. For instance, you cannot easily just "turn on" an out-of-office auto-reply unless your email comes from an Exchange server. If you are on an IMAP or POP server, you have to create a rule using a template email and it's much more involved. It can have trouble searching large mailboxes. It does not like running the same account/profile on more than one PC (emails visible on one are not always available/visible on the other).

ProtonMail and Thunderbird

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

Stability; availability in MS Office which we already used; can use with any email hosting provider.
Mohammad
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Outlook is the fit for handling your emails and calender.

Reviewed on 2023/02/22

One of the best applications available in the market now.

One of the best applications available in the market now.

Pros

It is a multi-task application that helps you control your inbound/outbound emails as well for your meetings on the colander and so many other interesting features.

Cons

Attachments sometimes might be an issue upon receiving files as files might crash.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Outlook

Outlook is more user friendly, fits the requirement more and staff already knows how to work on it.

Zoho Mail

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

More specific to what we were looking for with all the available features.
Gábor

Outlook everywhere

Reviewed on 2022/10/26

From user point of view: As an MS product is works well with others with the family. There are some rival out there, mostly Apple's solution, maybe HP's, yet the possibilities of Outlook, and with or without the 3rd party add-ons are very good. Comparing it to Word is has far less features, Excel table visualization or integration could be more featureful, yet this is an e-mailing sw. I have seen Outlook nearly at every company as you may get is for free e.g.: within a package of O365, or as an individual software with the Professional package. In the "Pros" you may see how Outlook can be the no. 1 sw. for you. Yes, there are rivals everywhere, yet for mailing, I find the Outlook to be the best.From admin point of view: With MS Exchange they are a superb combo, either you are using it On-premise or On-demand. Latter over the last 5 years, did have a huge development and became stable and now are the leaders, on-premise Infrastructure: For on-premise instances failover, correctly set loadbalancers, some easy white listing solution, backup methodology and mostly, a qualified staff is needed.For on-demand, some of these still needed, mostly the staff, some pains can be forgotten with the maintenance and the TCO is reduced.

Pros

Similar layout to other MS sw. you may already knowCan get response about mail deliveryFast, accurateCan embed files, pictureQuick action bar is customizableCustomizable settings"Works" offline tooLinks to files, web pages can be used wellCan mention name, delegate task, conduct marketing campaigns, even do polls

Cons

"Delivery" success often depends on other components, settingsSometimes does not save draft letter, nor automaticallyGeneral SPAM filtering could be in place, could be betterSearch options layout was better in the old versionsCalendar for other participants can act weirdLot of phishing can be made with it

Turan
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Universal Mailbox MS Outlook

Reviewed on 2023/04/23

Whether professional or non-professional, MS Outlook is much more than a mailbox that provides solutions by controlling all your processes. It is a professional software that compiles, collects and organizes all mails in the digital world. In addition to all these, it also has a structure that protects my data in the background that it does not see on the forehead. I can access my e-mails instantly from wherever I want, and I can manage automatic e-mails when I cannot access them. Thanks to the quick rules, I can group or share the work plan. Moreover, thanks to its powerful reminder and calendar, I can manage my current agenda. Backing up my data to portable media has never been faster. Plugins, files are very simple and easy with just drag and drop.

Pros

With its advanced interface design, easy adaptation and transition to use is great. Ability to manage all my emails online and offline. Online instant access from anywhere I want thanks to local or cloud-based mail storage. Combining many features such as my mail, contacts, calendars, groups in one place. While saving time, the protection of all my e-mails is guaranteed with MS security. Thanks to its simple and useful interface, you can experience a fast and easy adaptation process. It provides time and cost savings thanks to advanced search, folder, archiving technologies and drag and drop methods. Plus 100% user satisfaction. The rules you create, spam protections, blocking or flagging technology also offer you another universal solution. It is also a great solution when it works together with other MS technologies.

Cons

Basically I can't find any description for MS Outlook to write negatively. In fact, the problems experienced in the past are completely resolved every day, providing a new user experience. It quickly adapts itself to the developing world. We no longer experience the problems we experience especially in the swelling storage area.

Sabharish
Sabharish
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Truly an enterprise level communications solution, much more than just emails!

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Overall, it is a great product packed with capabilities and is constantly improving by the day. It forms the foundation for any successful work environment and the parent company Microsoft is very good about listening to their users feedback and offering solutions in a timely manner as well.

Pros

I'm going to begin with the ease of use and how there is virtually no connectivity issues. Some of my favorite features are the integrations with other tools in the Microsoft Suite like Teams, SharePoint, Delve, Analytics, Stream, OneDrive etc. I love the calendar capabilities and scheduling assistant that quickly helps me find available times. The search bar is excellent and returns valuable and accurate results. Some of the analytics offered by outlook is also very helpful as it tells me how long on average I spend writing/reading emails, in meetings etc. vs how much focus time I actually have to work. Automation is another huge area that adds a lot of value. Being able to set automatic replies and make it custom as needed. Outlook also allows to create generic groups and inboxes and listservs very easily.

Cons

Grouping emails is still pretty difficult and manual. If outlook would create themes or containers based on the content in the email or the subject line, it would make it more easier for me to prioritize. Also which emails need my attention immediately vs the ones that can wait a bit longer. I've had a lot of trouble with rescheduling meetings and that sending the right timely updates to the invitees. Sometimes it is delayed and sometimes never goes out and Outlook sometimes does have some syncing issues as well. Creating signatures for different purposes was also slightly difficult. No way to unsend an email still and that would be helpful.

Jeremy
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Microsoft Outlook is great to use

Reviewed on 2022/05/09

Pros

Microsoft's email system is one of the best solutions out there. Microsoft does a very thorough job fine tuning Outlook and what you use is one of the best email platforms out there. I also really like that you can remote login into any device on your network when you use Microsoft products like Outlook. If you get a new laptop or tablet, you can still sign in with your Microsoft credentials and find your Outlook the exact same way.

Cons

Microsoft is not cheap. Yes, Outlook is robust but Microsoft is very expensive, especially when you compare it to its main competitors like Google or iCloud. Microsoft also doesn't have a lot of native tools that help with data analytics but they do offer it on their dashboards. If you use Microsoft and want data to support any finance, IT, or really any business decision, you will likely need to purchase a separate software tool and integrate it so you can use Outlook and get helpful and meaningful data that you can use and explain what is going on to the rest of your business.

David
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Improving all the time

Reviewed on 2023/09/12

Email and calendar functions are 100% reliable and I never have issues with anything related to Outlook, other than app response time on mobile being quite slow.

Pros

The thing I like most about Outlook is that it just works, from any device I use, and it keeps getting new features that make it smoother and easier to use. Everything looks the same whenever I log in, from any device, so it's just easy to find messages or appointments that I'm looking for and stay up to date on communication.

Cons

My main complaint is that the mobile version is incredibly slow, but I suspect that is because of security layers that my company has put on all our devices.

Maximiliano
  • Industry: Automotive

Microsoft is a fundamental tool

Reviewed on 2023/06/30

Pros

Lot of functionalities and good value for money

Cons

Not so easy to configure and sometime it gives unknown errors

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Outlook

Company wanted to do that

More industrial product
Konstantinos
Konstantinos
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

A staple for businesses who need professional email management

Reviewed on 2023/02/06

Overall, I highly recommend Microsoft Outlook to anyone looking for a comprehensive and efficient email client. Whether you are a business professional, student, or just need to manage your personal emails, Outlook has everything you need to be productive and organized

Pros

What I like best about Outlook is how it seamlessly integrates with other Microsoft Office tools, such as Word and Excel. This allows me to easily switch between applications and access the information I need in one place. The calendar and task management features are also top-notch, allowing me to keep track of appointments and deadlines with ease.

Cons

What I dislike about Outlook is that it can be slow and laggy at times, especially when dealing with a large amount of emails. However, this is a minor inconvenience in comparison to the many benefits that Outlook provides.

Waleed
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

The best suitable method for all needs to manage and organize e-mail

Reviewed on 2022/04/23

Microsoft Outlook enables us to manage e-mail and organize meetings with high efficiency. The team keeps in touch and enables them to exchange messages quickly and get a complete picture of all updates.

Pros

Microsoft Outlook is easy to use and contains calendar, contacts and all the tools you need to manage everything related to your email in one place. Microsoft Outlook increases interaction with email, and you will be able to send messages in distinctive formats due to the strong integration with the rest of the Office applications, which makes it easy for you to insert texts and tables Format it as you wish. I love how email addresses are logged, adding notes, and scheduling meetings in simple steps. One of my favorite features of Microsoft Outlook is the ability to plan to send emails at specific times, it can also have meetings, tasks and contacts on many windows, which can be an excellent system for managing tasks between different employees who can delegate productivity throughout our company . I trust their security and the layers of protection they provide for data.

Cons

I don't think there's anything I dislike about Microsoft Outlook, it's easy to use and all the tools are crystal clear and designed to suit all needs.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

MS Outlook vs the rest

Reviewed on 2022/08/17

I really hate GMail, I think the UX is horrible, and Thunderbird is okay but a bit confusing and not so good with text formatting. I think Outlook has all the features I need and the UX that I feel more adequate, although of course this is a very personal issue.

Pros

I use Outlook, a lot. It's always open, I'm always emailing and receiving emails. I have tried Mail from MacOs, Thunderbird and a bunch others, and I have to say Outlook is the one I feel most comfortable with. It's easy to use, has all the features that I need and it can be personalised a little bit to accommodate for almost anybody.

Cons

The only con is that you have to pay for it, as opposed to GMail, Thunderbird, etc. But this is probably the piece of software I use the most and I spent most time with, so to me it's okay to pay for it.

Gmail and Thunderbird
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

My least favorite app from Microsoft Suite

Reviewed on 2022/09/20

Overall it's not as bad as Lotus Notes used to be, where email addresses were not stores, and we had to remember exact spelling of each.
If search functionality would improve, it would be an amazing app.

Pros

my whole career (20 years) I worked in large companies - so choice between email is pretty much between Outlook and Lotus Notes, and Outlook is light years easier to use than Notes.
On a plus side -
*It remembers your contacts, and names auto populate next time to start entering them.
*It integrates well with your company messaging tool (so show what contacts are online)
*Out of Office is easy to use

Cons

*Search functionality can be greatly improved. As unbelievable as it sounds Gmail has a much better Search engine, and I would gladly exchange it for all fancy but not as useful add-ins outlook has.
*Hard to sort emails. If I am looking for email from Jack Zinger, and I am sorting alphabetically - I need to go through all email from all other persons named Jack first, unless I find Zinger's email, and sort there.
*Meetings are not complicated to set up, but you need to go back and forth until option to invite attendees appears. I don;'t understands why its not offered immediately.

Rachel
Rachel
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Have a great experience with outlook

Reviewed on 2023/12/10

I use Outlook daily for my work and school, Outlook sends work-related emails and I will reach my colleagues easily by using it. After started using Outlook I rarely took notes to write down some information that I wanted to save for the next day or future, I can just put all the information on the date I want and save it, and I will get reminded when the time comes.

Pros

These days I use Outlook as a major emailing platform at the workplace, I like how easy and organized it is. besides using it to send and receive email, it is the best platform to add events like setting up schedules and meetings or it can be anything plus it has a great feature that you can save as much information on each day's calendar as many as you want. The feature I also enjoy is that I can customize the interface by changing the color or background.

Cons

it is the perfect emailing platform course i use Gmail at the same time, not because Outlook has limited access but because my first account is that, and with some activities, Gmail is more convenient.

Pablo
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Most organized and pro mailing tool

Reviewed on 2022/09/06

In difference with other mail softwares, Outlook looks much more professional and corporate. It has more features, such as recalling an email whenever you want since the recipient hasn't read it yet. It is amazingly integrated with all Microsoft tools Excel Powerpoint Word etc which are much better than those of G-suite

Pros

I really appreciate several tools that the Outlook package have that others don't, such as Sharepoint, Excel, Powepoint, etc. The similar tools from other providers are much simpler and sometimes lack useful tools

Cons

For basic people or that don't have a very good domain of software tools such as elder people in my company it has been tougher to manage than G-suite

Brian

Outlook Tries to Do Everything, Succeeds at Some

Reviewed on 2022/10/18

There are pros and cons to using the Outlook client. The experience could be more even all around, but until a competitor can actually make a dent in Microsoft's market share (doubtful), Outlook will help keep us in business with its cycle of working great and breaking out of nowhere.

Pros

When Outlook is working smoothly, it is the best email client available - not that much real competition exists. From contact management to real time monitoring, filtering, calendar management, and more, it tries to give users a LOT of functionality all at once. And it usually delivers.

Cons

There is no reason to continually add unrequested features to Outlook, to constantly change the layout, position of the search bar, etc. Expect some down time here and there when Microsoft breaks their own product and puts out an advisory. It is far from perfect, and Microsoft could really benefit from simply working on making the core experience function more smoothly. Example: instead of throwing an error about the OST / information store and closing on a users' computer, maybe provide some guidance or attempt a self-fix. The amount of time we spend as a MSP fixing Outlook issues can be staggering at times.