Microsoft Outlook

Email & calendar software

Rafael V.

The best email tool

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

Pros

Every day I receive and send emails using Outlook, I have not found yet another tool the time to replace it. In addition to receiving and sending e-mail, Outlook lets you manage contacts, tasks, and appointments.

Speaking of appointments, when scheduling a meeting I can check which meeting rooms are available, and the most fantastic, allows me to check the agenda of the participants to see if everyone has the one determining the available time for participation in the meeting that is being scheduled.

Cons

I have some VBA features, to automatically save attached files to certain senders, and the VBA IDE is very precarious, a lot of improvements could be made to that part, Outlook itself has been improved several times since I started using it , but the VBA IDE remains the same, not bringing the features that are seen today in development framework IDEs.

It's a vital tool for email sorting and organizing

Reviewed on 2021/12/25

Overall experience is that is very useful. I would recommend this to my friends or colleagues or family.

Pros

Filters/searches are fast. Sorts email in order of priority, having a "focused"and "other" classification makes it very easy to access important emails.

Cons

After a certain amount of emails, if you don't delete or clean your inbox, emails don't get sent and you get notices that say you're out of memory. It's confusing, but if you free up space you'll be ok, or if you buy more space.

Google Calendar

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

It was easier to use, more user friendly.
Marcelo C.

a good alternative

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Despite the small criticisms that I may have against outlook, I usually take this mail and use it for everything, I register in pages, I give it to my acquaintances and I even use it at work because I can use it directly in my laptop, and that saves me a lot of time.

Pros

Microsoft Outlook is a good mail system, which allows you to manage your emails quickly and easily. Among its advantages we have that it presents constant updates, presents integration to skype and one drive, and also thanks to the fact that they belong to Microsoft, allows to use the office tools online.

Cons

Among the elements that I like the least is the environment that is not as nice as in other emails, in addition your security system for spam seems not to be properly configured by default.

Patrick L.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

A great all around email app

Reviewed on 2021/11/05

Pros

Setup was a breeze and the integration between all of my devices. Was easy to link all of my email accounts. I am able to view them on my computer or phone.

Cons

Doesn't always load immediately and sometimes reformats emails.

Microsoft Outlook is a game-changer!

Reviewed on 2021/12/29

Overall, I love Microsoft Outlook. I would not be the professional that I am without the features, usability, and connectivity of Microsoft Outlook.

Pros

The feature that I like most about Microsoft Outlook is the connectivity. Due to the hectic nature of my job, I need an email and calendar service that keeps me together for all of my professional communication and appointments - Microsoft Outlook does all of that and more! One of the best connectivity features is the ability to send calendar invitations that schedule rooms automatically on our campus because the connectivity with other applications, too!

Cons

There are times when my desktop Microsoft Outlooks app takes a while to sync. This is small occurrence, but it definitely takes a bit longer to load new email messages that my phone application does, so occasionally I feel behind in my response times.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Outlook review

Reviewed on 2021/12/25

Outlook is easily accessible from anywhere be it desktop, laptop or mobile. It is a very user friendly system and I hear no complaints about it.

Pros

I thought Outlook was easy to integrate with all my relevant systems. It was easy to sync the data, everything transferred intact.

Cons

Not too much negative talk but there could be a feature added to isolate language within the body of an email. That way it would be easier to find specific pieces of information quickly.

Christina N.

Streamline Your Life!

Reviewed on 2021/12/23

Microsoft Outlook is phenomenal. I have used multiple email programs over my two decades as a teacher and Outlook talks with all my programs, calendar, and Teams and streamlines my time and efforts.

Pros

Microsoft Outlook streamlines my life. I love that when I turn on my out of office reply, my Microsoft Teams status automatically shows “Out of Office”. It works seamlessly with all of the Microsoft product and saves me time every single dayS

Cons

There are different functionalities between the desktop and website versions which has made it challenging when colleagues ask for help with the desktop version as I use the website version.

Not so fancy but easy to use

Reviewed on 2021/11/17

Overall good experience. I used for my daily work email and it works fine. I do use Gmail as my personal email but I don’t have a preference actually.

Pros

Easy to use, compatible with other applications like teams, easy to set up meeting and add appointment on calendar.

Cons

Not so essential but the visual design is definitely not the best. Some people might like the iconic design so it would be nice to have more options/themes to choose from.

Lauren S.

Necessary Application

Reviewed on 2021/12/04

I have only had a good experience overall with Microsoft Outlook.

Pros

The features are endless with Microsoft Outlook. It’s extremely easy to use by being able to filter and search by certain keywords as well as having the ability to archive messages.

Cons

There are few things I do not like about this software. I would recommend to anybody I work with.

• Industry: Legal Services

Easy but...

Reviewed on 2021/12/07

Is a good option to have an alternate email when other apps doesn't work.

Pros

Easy to manage the information, and organize it. I like the links to other apps as skype to have meetings.

Cons

I do not like the colors in the initials of each email. The letters look very close together and can be difficult to read.

Sabharish K.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Truly an enterprise level communications solution, much more than just emails!

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Overall, it is a great product packed with capabilities and is constantly improving by the day. It forms the foundation for any successful work environment and the parent company Microsoft is very good about listening to their users feedback and offering solutions in a timely manner as well.

Pros

I'm going to begin with the ease of use and how there is virtually no connectivity issues. Some of my favorite features are the integrations with other tools in the Microsoft Suite like Teams, SharePoint, Delve, Analytics, Stream, OneDrive etc. I love the calendar capabilities and scheduling assistant that quickly helps me find available times. The search bar is excellent and returns valuable and accurate results. Some of the analytics offered by outlook is also very helpful as it tells me how long on average I spend writing/reading emails, in meetings etc. vs how much focus time I actually have to work. Automation is another huge area that adds a lot of value. Being able to set automatic replies and make it custom as needed. Outlook also allows to create generic groups and inboxes and listservs very easily.

Cons

Grouping emails is still pretty difficult and manual. If outlook would create themes or containers based on the content in the email or the subject line, it would make it more easier for me to prioritize. Also which emails need my attention immediately vs the ones that can wait a bit longer. I've had a lot of trouble with rescheduling meetings and that sending the right timely updates to the invitees. Sometimes it is delayed and sometimes never goes out and Outlook sometimes does have some syncing issues as well. Creating signatures for different purposes was also slightly difficult. No way to unsend an email still and that would be helpful.

Jordan D.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great Product, but could be more stable

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

Outlook is a great product and becoming more so all the time. It is the productivity application that our business can't live without. The feature updates in Outlook tend to introduce issues unfortunately. The Shared Mailbox experience could be improved, it is common to see Outlook become non-responsive when switching between shared mailboxes, even on high end computers and gigabit internet. The features and ease of use are really what make Outlook great.

Pros

* Constantly Evolving Powerhouse of features and functionality
* Dark Theme = love
* Focused Mailbox
* AI Driven daily summary driven by Cortana
* Hundreds of App integrations via Marketplace or 3rd party
* Robust Rule and Tagging/categorization ability
* Quick Steps help apply multiple actions to messages
* Scheduling of messages
* Devloper and customize templates
* Visual Basic advanced development
* Shared Mailboxes
* Group Mailboxes (Channels) that allow team collaboration and follow up
* Favorite your inbox and often accessed folders
* Team, Planner, and Personal Calendar all in a single overlayed view
* Scheduling and Meeting assistance
* Tasks, Contacts, and Sticky notes
* Search emails using filters and key phrases

Cons

* Microsoft's new release and development schedule is great for the addition of new and useful tools but is causing stability issues. It is common to have to repair Outlook and Office applications after a feature update.

* Adding shared mailboxes often causes Outlook to run slowly.

* Some serious optimizations are needed in the sync process to prevent Outlook hanging. I have to disable Downloading of Shared mailboxes, which is enable by default, on every computer Outlook is installed on

Google Workspace and Front

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

Power and Features. If Microsoft can optimize and add easier to use collaboration functionality we will continue to use Outlook indefinitely.
Jason J.

Probably the best email tool out there, if you are tech savvy enough to use it.

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Pros

Microsoft Outlook is full of far more features than most email clients. I really like being able to set automatic replies when I am away from work. I like the number of plugins compatible with Outlook. If you have a Microsoft Exchange inbox, Outlook makes it very easy to set up your email, without having to deal with POP/IMAP settings. The ability to share contact groups among other employees comes in very handy. Most importantly, at least for our company, it can store an extremely large amount of emails before causing the software to become unstable.

Cons

Outlook is not without its problems. It tends to be filled with randomly occurring bugs. I often have to use the inbox repair tool provided by Outlook for our employees. Some are caused by overwhelming amounts of emails being stored offline, which is understandable. Often, however, other bugs appear randomly. Sometimes Outlook is just suddenly unable to start, despite not having to load a large amount of data and requires the use of the inbox repair tool. Most recently I was unable to make an employee's laptop able to send emails until I downgraded him from Outlook 2016 to 2013. The support for problems such as these is very poor. Asking questions on the Microsoft forum often results in a generic list of things to try that any IT Manager would have already thought to try. One last point of criticism is Outlook's handling of POP3 protocol. Many users who were originally connected to Outlook via POP3 noticed their emails would come in bunches, rather than right after they were sent. It's hard to say how much of that is Outlook's fault, but certainly if you are choosing to use Outlook, I would recommend IMAP and Exchange over POP3. Overall, Outlook is a terrific tool, but it would be greatly improved if Microsoft took more time to address its bugs as well as provide better support to their customers.

Yaroslav K.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

IF you HATE Gmail - you will LOVE Outlook!

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

I use outlook for my personal projects and work. Generaly, I am working on google ecosystem, but I managed to make it work for me as I have several accounts on google and microsoft and some issues would be inevitable.
Outlook for me is a great email tool that I use when I am in the hurry or ant to create something on the nice software with great interface!

Pros

Outlook is am amazing email management tool.
I have started using during my years in the university as it was using microsoft ecosystem.
At first it felt unfriendly after gmail, but after little time I noticed an amazing UI/UX, I played around to discover the possibilities, extentions and functionality and it is awesome!

All you have about gmail is simply gone here.
Of course, it has some flaws, but in general, it give you everything in terms of email management (personal or business)

Cons

Microsoft ecosystem in general is a drawback here. If you are a poweruser like myself, you are probably familiar, how hard it is to switch from one ecosystem to another. Yes, outlook is great, but is onedrive better then google drive? - hard to say. Many people like google drive.
And now we have google photos as well, and google calendar. All work perfectly together and if you switch to outlook, something might be lost.
This is the biggest drawback.

Overal, outlook is very nice product and I am happy to see its evolution into something better each year!

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Great software for working professionals

Reviewed on 2021/09/04

I am very happy with Microsoft Outlook. The web application is good but the windows application is the best. I have been using it as my school account and now at the company. Overall I am very happy with the product. It's easy to use for anyone. You can simply attach pictures into the body of the email which can then be viewed by the receiver without having to download them first.

Pros

It's easy to use and setup. You can register your microsoft account, school email account, office account or any 3rd party account. When sending email with picture attachments, you can copy them into the text area and these can be directly viewed in the email body without having to download them to my machine. Also archiving is super easy with multiple options of applying rules as to which emails need to be archived. I used it when I was in school and now I am using it professionally, and I am happy with it.

Cons

I am not sure if this can be done but I would like to see email recall option if the reciever has not opened the email yet. This saves space on the cloud if I have sent a wrong email and need to correct and resend. Also, it would help in avoiding miscommunication since the old and erroneous email would be deleted from the inbox.

Tia G.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Easy interface, reliable and our company's email system used for private healthcare communicati...

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

As mentioned, Outlook is our main line of communication for our whole agency that is 5,000 plus employees and thats not counting the numerous outside providers we communicate with, with confidence that our communications are secure and private, there are many features we use in combination with this program. It has been sufficient and reliable for our entire agency.

Pros

Outlook is the trusted software our agency uses to communicate very sensitive information about our individuals and their care, knowing it is safe and private. There are many features of Microsoft software that we use such as Teams, Calendar, SharePoint, One Drive to coordinate meetings and care for our individuals served as well as share many documents agency wide in one place for all to access. The interface is easy to navigate and learn, there are many little features to customize your profile, emails etc.

Cons

On some occasions we have had little difficulty setting our automatic response messaging when going on vacation or will be out of the office, it will say that the feature is on but when you send a test email from a co-worker's email it doesn't always work. Probably a glitch as it doesn't always happen, just on occasion. Other than that I have had no other difficulties using Outlook.

• Industry: Computer Networking

A look at Outlook

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

When we're all experience is I would have to say on the positive side I use it daily and I have faith and it has never let me down and I believe in its security

Pros

The thing I liked most is the security that comes with Microsoft Outlook. They keep your email very secure and help with identity theft and also encrypt your email. Sometimes that can be a hassle but security is better than not having it just so you can get into your email faster.

Cons

What I like least is using Microsoft on an Android or Chromebook platform. You have to be signed in to your outlook and integrate it through your Chromebook to be in order to be able to send emails.

Google Alerts

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

I feel that Microsoft is a quality product and I've used it since it came out and I am familiar with it.
  • Industry: Insurance

My professionally used email app

Reviewed on 2021/09/30

The experience has been great!

Pros

The features I like the most about this software are the way meeting invites getting automatically sent to recently deleted folders and if needed could be retrieved. These emails are not being sent to the actual "inbox" folder and this is a great feature as the inbox folder could only contain important emails. I even like the way I can see people's calendars for setting up meetings and if needed conversing with them. I even like the way folders could be created and emails could be managed with the help of these.

Cons

The least I like about this software is it getting closed suddenly and also a message or a pop-up not being shown to the email sender after being sent successfully as sent/still sending etc. They were 2 instances when I sent important emails and I thought they went but the next day I realized that they actually haven't. Both the times I immediately closed my system after sending my emails-probably I might have checked if they successfully went or not by probably waiting a minute or more and checking if the email successfully went through or not.

Rahul A.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Great Email Client for companies on Microsoft Environment

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Overall, Outlook is great. if you are looking forward to move to Microsoft environment, I would highly recommend using Outlook.

Pros

We use Microsoft environment in our corporation and Outlook plays a crucial role in it. Easy to use, secured and very powerful in terms of functionalities, contact syncing across platforms and devices and also native integration with google translator and other add-ons makes Outlook very functional.

Cons

Sometimes Outlook doesnt provide notifications for email and the desktop app doesnt show few emails. I am pretty sure Microsoft is working on these issues but rest it's a great and functional app.

Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

Mainly because of pricing and GDPR issues
Tanuj D.

Best app for organizing your emails, events etc

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

I am overall satisfied with the product. I feel that there are a lot of features provided which are helpful to organize mails and other stuff. There are integrations with the word and Excel which makes things much more convenient as you can just preview the materials attached without downloading any additional software for the same. There is also an integration with One Drive in case you want to attach something which is more than the allowed size.

Pros

My company and my university has a tie up with Microsoft products. So, we have Outlook as our email client. It's very helpful in organising emails and customising the email firewall to remove spam emails. Additionally it has integrations with all of the best Microsoft products like Word, Excel, One drive which makes it much more convenient and efficient to use. There's also a mobile application for Outlook where we can keep two different accounts logged in which is a very handy feature for me to stay updated with all the emails and my schedule.

Cons

There are a few desktop features which are only available to paid users. The email organization features could be more helpful if they were like Gmail.

An Integrated Email Solution

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

I have continued to learn more and more about how to be productive using Microsoft Outlook, which has been a huge help for my work day. I look forward to seeing the new features that they roll out in the future!

Pros

Microsoft Outlook is just another facet of Microsoft's office suite, and it's in good company. Outlook as an email client is reliable, straight-forward, and engaging. When viewed in the context of the Office suite (especially within Office 365), it is a powerhouse. It is deeply integrated with the variety of software from Microsoft, including video chat, file storage, and scheduling solutions. This creates a seemingly all-in-one solution that is an invaluable part of my work day.

Cons

Because of this variety of features and integrations, it can be a little intimidating to figure out what everything does. It takes a little toying around with, but you will eventually get the hang of it. Personally, I still struggle with occasional errant keystrokes that will Archive, or even Delete an email. I've learned to keep a close eye on the buttons I hit when in my Inbox (and on my emails, too!).

Review of Microsoft Outlook

Reviewed on 2021/08/06

I use Microsoft Outlook very week to check my school stuff. I like how easy it is to categorize emails in Microsoft Outlook. It's pretty handy to be able to reach my calendar through it directly. The updates are very smooth as well. The web version and the app version are both good, but on the phone, filtering is not as easy as the web one.

Pros

Microsoft Outlook is probably the best email tool out there. University of Ottawa switched from Gmail to Microsoft Outlook about one or two years ago. I like the features that Microsoft Outlook separates all incoming emails into "Focused" and "Other" categories. Of course, it also has main inbox, junk, spam, deleted, etc., but the main two categories make me check me emails easier.

Cons

I do not have many complaints about Microsoft Outlook. Overall, it does a good jobs and meets my requirements, but it is not very friendly to a beginner user. For instance, I have no idea how the recall function works and where it is located. Also, I find sometimes Microsoft Outlook is slow in terms of searching and sending emails. I don't enjoy much that sometimes it takes a long time to send an email. Maybe it is my internet's problems.

Joshua M.
  • Industry: Printing
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Microsoft Outlook Is An Expansive Professional Collaboration Tool With Room to Scale.

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Overall, Outlook offers both incredible web and mobile experiences. The ability to switch between devices on the platform is incredibly seamless. Our company uses Outlook the most out of any other email / communication tool and we are extremely pleased with the platform. We are a large international organization and Outlook offers incredible stability and reliability for communicating across continents!

Pros

Microsoft Outlook does a really great job of offering one of the most expansive user experiences out there. One can customize their inbox in a myriad of ways and set up automations in order to make workflow more productive. The tool offers extensive ways to communicate information, schedule meetings, and integrate other business tools within the platform. Furthermore, being able to organize an inbox or inboxes is very easy and efficient.

Cons

Microsoft Outlook is incredibly expansive. Therefore, it takes quite a bit of time in order to fully explore all the possibilities. Furthermore, menus can be a bit confusing for new end-users. I would recommend each business to spend ample time fully training-out end-users in the tool in order to fully gain the benefits from the service. I think there is a lot of value that can be lost when Outlook is used for the sole purpose of emailing.

Muhammad J.

Best Email Configuration and Offline Applicatio

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

Outlook Microsoft application is very streamlined application and working very seamlessly, Outlook also allows me to arrange my emails to be separated not only by inbox

Pros

Microsoft outlook is our secure and backbone plus primary source of email application in which you can configure any email domain or account, within one application you can configure multiple accounts where you can easily get all your email at one place, and very fast exchange of email collaboration, it is our primary place f email communication for our organization and all users, we are using in our all department, and see this is is one of the best service which will not be going down, it also allow us for group distribution of information via mail group, we can also reservation of conference rooms once send an email to room email, we are loving it

Cons

Every time whenever we can not receive an emails because of any reason we must have to click on send and receive button which i personally don't like it , why it can not sync automatically

Vivek M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Good App for sending email and receiving email

Reviewed on 2020/11/26

Microsoft outlook is a great app for sending and receiving email. Although it has some limitations which I mentioned above, still would like to use it as it's a good app and easy to use even for a new user.

Pros

This apps gives the flexibility to send and receive email even if you don't have a web browser. The delay delivery option is a good feature I like most about it. From the option menu, we can select the time of delivery of the email and we can send an email even we are not on the computer. Another thing which I like is the popout feature while typing the email. We can pop out the box and write an email. Microsoft Outlook also gives different types of fonts, formant painter option which are of the best feature of Microsoft Outlook. We can even archive email on our local harddisk if our space is full in cloud.

Cons

Although this app is good, it has some limitations. We can link only outlook with it. We can't link any other email from it. Also, sometimes it has syncing issues and it requires me to restart the computer.