Microsoft Word Reviews

Microsoft Word

4,7 (2 096)
Word processing software for document generation & sharing.

(2 096)

2096 Reviews

Catherine
Catherine

A proven, reliable programme with excellent functionality

Reviewed on 2022/09/16

I've used Microsoft Word in countless roles for over two decades and have always been pleased with the experience it provides. Intuitive for beginners but with a bit of extra delving and study, the programme offers lots of useful advanced functions.

Pros

Microsoft Word is very intuitive to use and if you should struggle with any aspect of it use, the help function is comprehensive and easy to use. The huge range of templates available and the thorough spelling/grammar checks mean that anyone can produce professional looking documents. Mail merge is very easy to use and very useful for large scale communications. Frequent updates mean that functions and user experience are continually improving.

Cons

Microsoft office is quite expensive, yet you do get good value for money. The interface is a bit dated - but if it ain't broke, why fix it?

WPS Office

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Word

Additional functionality

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Word

Additional functionality and unrivalled reputation for reliability.
Laura
  • Industry: Research

Microsoft Word The best for word processing

Reviewed on 2024/02/14

Pros

It is very user friendly and has all the options i need for the documents i create.

Cons

there is nothing i don't like about Microsoft Word.

Tiego
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Word review

Reviewed on 2024/03/22

Pros

To me is the best when it comes to creating documents and pdfs

Cons

Their premium account are expensive and they have limited access when you are on free trial

Epeli
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Awsome office utility

Reviewed on 2024/02/09

Best app for document wrting, report writing etc.

Best app for document wrting, report writing etc.

Pros

Simplicity easy to use and features are ok

Cons

The borders are always showing when printing

Andrej

MS Word is great

Reviewed on 2024/02/07

Pros

simple, easy to learn, useful and extensive online help

Cons

office package is expensive for pesonal/private use

Erin

Couldn’t work without it

Reviewed on 2024/02/07

Pros

It’s just so easy, I use it for everything.

Cons

Templates are very standard, but most people only need this.

Mia
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Word is the word!

Reviewed on 2024/02/12

I've used Word since high school, and the features have advanced nicely. I've never had any real issued using this platform, and will continue to use this throughout my life.

Pros

I love how you can find all sorts of templates on Word. For example, If I want to make a booklet, there is a template for this! Really handy!

Cons

The part is dislike the most is I cant just click anywhere on the page and begin typing there, its formatted so that the text has to be written like a book.

Islam
  • Industry: Hospitality

Very good tool and easy

Reviewed on 2024/03/27

Pros

Very good and helpful tool to do my work

Cons

Documents control
Text Editing
Grammar check

• Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Familiar product but expensive for personal use

Reviewed on 2024/02/12

Pros

Microsoft Word exists for a very long time, so it is easy and familiar to use for most people. Also, the format is supported everywhere and everybody know how to open it

Cons

The product is expensive for personal use.

Randy
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Word for Trucking

Reviewed on 2024/03/22

Pros

industry standard, able to generate documents quickly

Cons

Learning curve for advanced features and page formatting

Carlos Hugo Martin

Experience with Microsoft Word

Reviewed on 2022/03/22

We use it a lot for the generation of software documentation as well as projects. It has helped us to manage a standard that represents us as a company before our clients.

Pros

Over time, the interface has improved a lot, making it much easier to write documents professionally. In addition to the customization capacity that it has, it helps a lot to have it as needed. A very useful functionality that it has is the generation of content such as indexes or bibliographies.

Cons

The management of space between lines or within the fields of a table is sometimes not clear, preventing one from modifying it, since you do not know what element is causing the space to be different with other lines. The checker is not as efficient when it comes to omitting terms.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Word

The handling of documents in Word is much more complete than in Open Office. In addition, it has more features.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Word

The presentations and functionality with which it counts.
Kira

Preferred product

Reviewed on 2022/06/25

MS word has helped us produce professional documents that are organized and clear. It has helped us with organizing and record keeping. Overall it helps us convey to others that we are a serious and professional business.

Pros

This is my preferred product. It has advanced features and can keep up with our growing needs, especially when integrated with other Microsoft products (which are all great).
Microsoft word has so many available features and options. I've yet to need something that Word did not offer.
It has been around for a long time. I'm very familiar with it, infact I've been using it since elementary school.

Cons

Price... There are so many great products that integrate with MS word, however all of them can be expensive.
Word isn't really complete without these other products. For example you need a place to store the documents you create with Word. You'll then need to pay for one drive. If you want to make a presentation using these documents or files you've stored, you'll need to pay for PowerPoint..
I also wish that the offline accessibility was better.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Word

Better product by far. The only reason I ever use a word alternative is cost.
Karla Brigitte
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Unleashing Creativity and Productivity with Microsoft Word

Reviewed on 2023/06/19

Microsoft Word was a key component of our everyday operations while I was an intern in the university's pharmaceutical product development and research department. For writing research papers, producing scientific reports, and putting together presentations, we used it a lot. We were able to create documents with professional-looking layout and editing, effortlessly integrating tables, figures, and citations. Features like Track Changes made it easier for our research team to collaborate by letting us quickly examine and take criticism into account. Our workflows were also made easier by the integration of Microsoft Word with other Microsoft Office programs since we could quickly integrate data from Excel and present conclusions in PowerPoint. For our documentation and communication needs in the realm of pharmaceutical research, Microsoft Word has proven to be a crucial tool.

Pros

There are many benefits to using Microsoft Word. First off, it offers a complete collection of capabilities for producing, formatting, and editing documents, making it the preferred word processing program for private users, companies, and academic institutions. Users can navigate and operate effectively because to the user interface's intuitive design and well-known functionality. With the many formatting options available, it is possible to create documents with advanced layout and design elements. Features like Track Changes and Comments make collaboration easy by enabling several people to review and update the same document simultaneously. Workflows are streamlined and efficiency is further increased through integration with other Microsoft Office programs like Excel and PowerPoint. Additionally, Microsoft Word's compatibility with a variety of file types makes it simple to share and collaborate with users of other office products.

Cons

Despite all of its benefits, Microsoft Word has certain drawbacks. First off, the program is not free; it must be purchased separately or as part of the Microsoft Office package. Additionally, new users may find the vast array of functions and settings daunting and may need some time and training to fully operate the software. Opening documents written in other word processing programs occasionally results in formatting issues that may need to be manually corrected. Additionally, working with huge documents or intricate layouts may have an impact on the software's speed, resulting in sporadic latency or slowdowns.

• Industry: Libraries

MS Word -- A Tried and True Document Software

Reviewed on 2021/10/05

In general, MS Word is my go-to for document creation when I am the only one working on a document or when I am preparing a document to give to others. It isn't my favorite for live collaboration, but I much prefer the variety of features in the desktop version compared to the features of other document creation products.

Pros

I am very familiar with MS Word in general and have used it since I was in high school. I like its ease of use and in general, it has all the features I need for creating and tracking changes to the documents I work with on a day-to-day basis.

Cons

I do not like that it is now a subscription-based service. While the cloud version is free, it is limited in space and the features are slightly different. I do not think it is worth the subscription price and much prefer the desktop version to the web version (except for the ease of access of documents when I am out of the office). Formatting, especially in regards to tables, tabs, and margins, has a tendency to get messed up every so often in the browser version.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Word

We use both MS Word and Google Docs. MS Word works very well for day-to-day operations for so much of our document creation. Google Docs works much better for live collaboration.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Microsoft Word for Critical Analyses

Reviewed on 2021/02/19

I am able to access and grade and return any student work and share it with my superiors.

Pros

Microsoft Word has been a favorite of mine ever since 2010. I love the relativelty newly added OneDrive feature and the formatting features are unmatched by Microsoft Word's competitors. I love how all my documents can be stored without a second thought into discrete folders and I can seperate personal and workplace files safely and neatly. I also love the new logo and Microsoft Word is constantly updating to include more advanced features by the year. I do not know where I would be without Word.

Cons

I do not like how I need to be connected to the internet to access OneDrive, but other than that, no complaints here.

Gábor

My way with MS Word

Reviewed on 2022/01/02

In Hungary, but I reckon in other nations as well, MS Word is the leader, but no the only sw. used to create a "Word" file we do not even call them "documents", "text files", that is how Word sw. became a part of our life.
MS Word is on the market for nearly 40 years, one of the most widely-can-be-used sw. on the market and I believe the best text editor right now.
Happy to have it, I am using Office kit from my elementary school days and will be using still in the future.
There are some rival to MS Word, but it is still the leader, MS has the intention, money, manpower to make it better, but it needs to listen and hear the sound of its users to give the users what they need and want.

Pros

A lot of training materials, examples, training tasks are available, both online (videos, PDFs, descriptions) and "offline", I mean books, leaflets, notes) to get the potential out of MS Word.
You can have it for free, if you are a student, can buy even genuine key for a very low price, MS "World" and some sw. are available with an MS account for free, with great functionality.
Word and MS Office package is introduced in Hungary a nation-level. In the governmental offices, employees use Office daily, in the school Office package is being taught to the kids from elementary school to uni.
Companies from every sector are using Word daily to have they matters solved, it is indeed a leader in doc. handling.
The arsenal what Word so as now the other Office family members are having, a little too much for one single user, you simply do not use "every" function, like web interfaces, that are also supported in some level.
Easy to install, a little complex to customise due to the lot of options, can work with databases, can insert files to docs. is a great function, having a password to
After you get to know to sw. and its its UI, you will get along, but needs practice, patience.
Lot of 3rd party developers are there, creating toolkits, add-ons to Word making it even better.

Cons

There is an option to share a document and simultaneously edit it, this function needs polishing so as the online version and the Professional / O365 versions.
Developing a program to use Word's resources may be not that easy at first, its programming language could be better.
Having a password to protect you doc. is not the best, not that hard to crack it sometimes.
Sometimes bugs may appear, like reseting a font to the "inherited" one, sometimes crashes, slow loading. Consuming RAM, hard drive could be better.
On the mobile apps world, Word maybe not the best or the leader, but the sw. get better over time
Conversion between other text file types, reading, opening, editing PDFs sometimes not the good..
When moving from one network or VPN to another, it tends to not be able to save your work.
Creating an e-mailing list, or reading out data from Ms Excel and have them printed for envelopes are a good feature so as having forms and can be combined with databases.

Raj
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Most Versatile software for documents

Reviewed on 2022/05/13

It is the number one Word editing software in the world with revolutionary. With a bit of price and features jugglery, it can improve its share in the market.

Pros

1. MS Word is the first option that comes to mind and is synonymous with "Document." From the old days of the MS-DOS operating system with WordStar, MS-Word has been the first choice for countless users globally.
2. There are so many features that you may discover something new every time you delve deeper to learn more. Features like Mail Merge, Macros, Smart Art, Design Templates, Tracking Changes, Citations, and so on are revolutionary.
3. With access to uninterrupted internet with cloud storage, features like autosave have become a reality. You can switch it off if you want.
4. When you consider MS word for writing, editing, printing, or any document management activity, customization is the keyword.
5. It is well integrated with other components of MS office suite, aka office 365, letting you take full benefits of uniform features available across the board.
6. It is suitable for individuals or large teams alike. You can customize the features to suit small or large groups using ribbon or quick access toolbar or changing the options and settings. Compatibility mode ensures that it also works for people who cannot or don't want to upgrade to the latest.
7. The help tool is super exhaustive, with endless possibilities for finding out how to use a specific feature or how to troubleshoot. You can get help online or offline with detailed instructions.
8. Different features and commands are neatly organized into sections and subsections with convenient shortcuts and right-clic

Cons

1. Of late, MS Word is getting intense competition from Google docs. Most of the available features in MS Word are for free on the Google Docs platform. But for office 365, you need to pay a hefty amount. Bundling ensures that you cannot buy only MS Word. Even if you can, it will be expensive, especially when Google gives everything free.
2. Similarly, several open-source projects offer free service vis-a-vis paid features of MS Word. It needs to become more affordable, keeping in mind the intense competition.
3. There are several things MS Word cannot provide that Adobe PDF offers. Some features of MS Word need an overhaul.
4. It isn't easy to learn some advanced features and needs specialized training. The help section needs to work extra hours to improve on that aspect.
5. There are some backward compatibility issues.
6. Most sites offer easy ways to create websites, but one needs to struggle to do so on MS Word.
7. At times, it crashes without saving your stuff.
8. Translation, grammar, and spelling features are way behind compared to online free tools like Google and Grammarly.
9. Macros are prone to viruses.
10. Some Free Online templates are lousy.

Brent
Brent

Mature feature rich Word Processor that is still very relevant

Reviewed on 2022/06/23

Pros

- Collaboration tools shared internally & externally and integrated with Windows task bar, OneDrive (local synch of shared filestore), @mention comments to assign internal tasks
- Simple to use with available powerful tools such as form fields, excellent table support, even mail merge to Outlook email
- Powerful track changes & review
- Send as PDF email: Simple & use it all the time (instead of saving as PDF, then sending PDF).

Cons

There is some obvious innovation that is long overdue.
- Tables that can easily perform functions like Excel (the feature exists, it's just clunky to implement)
- Mail merge to Outlook email is incredibly powerful & could be streamlined to be a must use feature for individualized, but "mass" emailing small groups.
- Templates (.dot) files & sharing of templates within an organization needs a UX & feature revamp
- Built in easy Document Signing features

WordPerfect Office
Turan
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Dominate words with MS Word

Reviewed on 2023/02/15

Office software that we distribute with MS 365 can be installed with a simple and easy distribution. You can install it locally with a disk, or you can download and use it from an online browser in minutes. It has a simple and straightforward management. You can support all users from a single point. Thanks to its customizable structure, it can be arranged according to the user level. It can support all old versions and file types of different programs.

Pros

MS Word is by far the leading software in the text processing software it serves. Equipped with incomparable integration, simplicity, flexibility and special tools. From the first version to the current version, it has maintained a principle of simplicity, simplicity and user-friendliness. While realizing all these, he did not neglect professionalism and development. It made all processes manageable, easy and simple, from document processing and application. Moreover, time management has been maximized. It enabled much faster action and resource savings in all processes. It is one step ahead of similar word processing programs thanks to its graphics, picture, watermark, table processing features.Transferring data written in other programs can act as an assistant in transformations and all office processes.

Cons

You will not find a missing feature in this program. If MS Word does not have a feature, it does not exist in any other program.

• Industry: Law Practice

Great assets but finicky

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Pros

Word outshines Google Docs or other alternatives in many ways. My favorites include being able to jointly review a document using Track Changes and comments, being able to save and re-use phrases/paragraphs in Quick Parts, being able to copy and paste font style using Format Painter, using the Find and Replace tool to quickly update multiple spots throughout a document, and being able to paste an excel list into Word to replace paragraph marks with a comma to create a comma separated list (or vice versa by pasting a blob of email addresses from Outlook into Word and replacing semi-colons with paragraph markers so I can plop it into Excel and have a clean, list that I can now sort and filter.

Cons

While I appreciate the great perks of Word, some of its features can be quite frustrating and finicky. When trying to train other users on Word it's hard to explain "sometimes it does this, but sometimes it doesn't"; I almost have to train with contingency plans. For example, when Word decides you want an extra blank page at the end of your document and despite removing paragraph marks and pressing delete a hundred times and changing the font size to point 1 you end up having to remove a whole line of text from your table just to get it to go away. Or for another example, when you paste text in from outside of Word and it refuses to strip formatting or integrate into your automated numbering despite choosing those options. Or last example, when you're trying to indent just one line and Word refuses to not send the surrounding lines over as well like a little brother who won't stay put. So overall, Word has some great features, but the ones that don't work as they should can be quite annoying.

Ankit
Ankit
  • Industry: Automotive

The best platform to manage digital documents

Reviewed on 2022/12/15

My overall experience with ms word is great as I use it daily and most of my business documents are created with the help of this platform only. We use it to create a document that needs to reach the customers on a digital platform.

Pros

The best thing about ms word is that it can be accessed from anywhere without even an internet connection. It is one of the most secure platforms to keep important data. There are lots of tools to create attractive documents.

Cons

Although the platform is great but one thing I noticed is that for collaborative projects the user should have a strong internet connection.

Microsoft Excel

Adobe Lightroom
Iwona
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Microsoft Word Review 2023

Reviewed on 2023/05/23

It has been my go-to word processing software for many years, providing a reliable and feature-rich environment for creating and editing documents. The user-friendly interface, extensive functionality, and integration with other Microsoft Office tools have consistently supported my productivity and professional communication needs.

Pros

There are several aspects of Microsoft Word that I particularly appreciate. Firstly, its extensive range of formatting options allows me to create professional and visually appealing documents. Secondly, the spell-check and grammar-check features help ensure accuracy and improve the overall quality of my writing. Lastly, the seamless integration with other Microsoft Office applications makes it convenient to collaborate and share documents across different platforms.

Cons

While Microsoft Word is a powerful word processing tool, there are a few aspects that could be improved. Firstly, the program can sometimes be resource-intensive and slow down on older or less powerful computers, which can be frustrating. Secondly, the complexity of some advanced features, such as mail merge or document automation, may require additional effort to master. Lastly, although the auto-save function is helpful, occasional crashes or unexpected closures can result in data loss if changes haven't been saved manually.

Arshad
  • Industry: Higher Education

The unmatched Word processor

Reviewed on 2022/01/06

I've been using Microsoft Word since I was in school and it was as easy to use it then like it is now days. Its abundance of features and functions and its simple interface makes it the most powerful yet easy to use word processor in the market.

Pros

Microsoft word is undoubtedly and without any arguments the most powerful and resourceful word document processor. Due to its long history in the market and constantly rolling out improvements, it is equipo6with more functions and features that any else in the market. You can literally do anything with a document in it, from text formating, background formation, object insertion to page alignment and print setup. It supports the most number of document file formats like doc, docx, rtf, txt etc along with saving them in formats reserves for non word type file by simply selecting "save as". Its well versed interface makes document creation and editing very simple. It incorporates a very powerful Spelling and Grammer check feature, which never lets a spelling or grammer mistake go unnoticed and offers you the correct suggestions instead. Its built in font type library is huge, still it supports integrating new text formats that you may have. And being a Microsoft product, it readily integrate with almost all other Microsoft softwares along with offering high level of integrations with third party apps.

Cons

Through years of my use, I have found Microsoft Word always better than other similar products in every possible way.

Isael

Excelente software

Reviewed on 2021/12/27

I have had a great experience since this software allows me to make, modify and create unique documents

Pros

The word processor is an excellent software, it has unique characteristics that allow us to bring to life the documents that we edit and use daily.

It is a very easy to use software, thanks to the interface that it has.

The work team immediately adapted to this software, since the documents are part of our day to day

Cons

It is an excellent software but better, I like certain functions that have the online version for the offline

Google Docs and Apache OpenOffice

Rohullah
Rohullah
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Microsoft word review

Reviewed on 2021/02/15

Overall, I highly recommend others to use this software because of its simplicity, usefulness, and reliability. It is user friendly, everything is pretty simple to do and learn even for new learners.

Pros

This program is user-friendly and has made a lot of difficult tasks simple and easy to implement. I have been using this program for more than eight years and I still use it because, it makes my work so easy that I can make different types of documents, write essays, make resume, cover letter, job application, proposals, reports, books, and other types of documents. It takes less time to learn and has more value afterwards during doing jobs and while being a student preparing your final project, it can be helpful for anyone, both in our personal and professional life.When i was in university, I was using this program to improve my writing skills, prepare university projects, compile notes, and so on. It is one my favourite programs because of its simplicity, usefulness, and compatibility with different devices.

Cons

Although, it is difficult to talk about the things I do not like about this software. I still want to say that, its pros are much more than its cons, because of the fact that it is flexible, trustworthy and simple to use. The only minor thing I do not like about software is that sometimes it is difficult to change some documents into a format that you like, but that also could be the result of not knowing how to do it.