4,7 (28 115)
Online document creation and editing

(28 115)

Ho'omana Nathan
Ho'omana Nathan
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Not perfect as a word processor, but the gold standard for collaboration

Reviewed on 2021/09/09

Google Docs is the gold standard for document collaboration and sharing. You can send a link so that everyone always sees the latest file (instead of emails bouncing back and forth), you can give and get and accept feedback. Word is the better processor, but OneDrive is unreliable at best for filesharing and the collaborative features in OneDrive are just awful. For anything that will be seen by anyone but me, Google Docs is all I use.

Pros

Google Docs makes it SO easy to collaborate with others on documents, give, request, and incorporate comments, and share files that can be updated in realtime. For collaboration and sharing, Google Docs is the only platform I use.

Cons

As a word processor, it doesn't have all the great features that Word has. It's not ideal for creating a new document if you need a lot of formatting options (ESPECIALLY tables, which are a nightmare in Docs). Luckily, you can always just upload a document you've created in Word to Docs and it does a pretty good job keeping formatting.

Amit
Amit
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Google Docs - Review

Reviewed on 2023/11/27

It is my go-to platform to create, manage and share documents. Have been using it from the past 3+ years - highly recommend it over the Microsoft Word.

Pros

It is super duper user friendly, easy to integrate with other Google Apps/Productivity Tools, easy to share, store and manage.

Cons

Can be used online only. Need to add additional plugins for some basic features, like arrange bullet points in ascending order.

Reasons for Choosing Google Docs

Microsoft Word was offline, expensive, and not easy to share.

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

Google Docs, as mentioned earlier, provided a similar look and feel but is free, easy to operate.
Kavita

Easy to use normally I choose Google doc's then Ms word this is used friendly then others

Reviewed on 2024/03/09

This is user friendly Easy to use that's why I am prefer Google doc's then Ms word but after sometime I had facing problem while coppy pr past as well some glitches

Pros

First user-friendly and easy to use and good for texting then other alternatives

Cons

Sometimes facing problem while coppy and past data and glitches

Yousef
Yousef

Google Docs important review

Reviewed on 2023/12/27

This platform is easy to use for any purpose. Also, you can easily share it with people and safely.

Pros

The most important feature that I like about this platform, that you can easily edit any document and the original one stays as it is.

Cons

There are some features that are missing in this platform such as, the the feature of taking many steps to edit other documents.

Raven
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

My honest opinion

Reviewed on 2024/03/01

I love it I prefer it over Microsoft word

I love it I prefer it over Microsoft word

Pros

That is saves my files automatically incase I forget to do that

Cons

Don't really know much but typing and importing hope it shows how to to work more of its features

nyierra
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2024/02/12

Pros

The ease I get when it comes to sharing assignments with my instructors.

Cons

The only thing I don’t like is that there isn’t an app for it as far as I know

Yusuph
  • Industry: Building Materials

Yusuph Google Doc

Reviewed on 2024/02/12

Pros

Suitable for multiple operating systems.

Cons

Can sometimes be complicated to use especially for beginners.

SUSHIL
  • Industry: Accounting

Google Docs Review

Reviewed on 2024/02/12

Pros

I used this most of the time. I adore how simple it is to use. It's great that I share documents with my coworkers and colleagues.

Cons

The drawback of this is that while you are presenting, someone could edit the document and alter your presentation or divert your attention.

Testimony
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Google Docs 10

Reviewed on 2024/02/12

Splendid way of beginining a new day without stress.

Splendid way of beginining a new day without stress.

Pros

They are a good free and efficient document creator.

Cons

I don't think i've detected any false or dislike yet

Jessica
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Love it! Great product. Use it all the time.

Reviewed on 2024/02/12

Pros

So easy to use and share my documents with others.

Cons

Nothing! It's all great. Love all the features.

Sumit
Sumit
  • Industry: Information Services

Best web based Document Editor you can get for Free

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

Since I am a Blogger and a part time recruiter, I happen to compose articles and receive a lot of Resumes. I find Google Docs very useful. I can access Resumes on the go on my mobile using Google Docs app for Android. Since it is from Google, we can store documents directly to Google Drive. The thing that I feel it lacks is support, I have to look for help topics or community forums in order to find an answer to a question that I have. The need seldom arises though.

Pros

The great thing about Google Docs is its free to use, supports standard formats like .doc, .docx and .odt and files are stored on cloud. Google Docs app is also available for Android and iOS, so it can be used on the go. Another great thing is it supports simultaneous modification of documents by multiple users. Most word processing features are available so we don't have to spend a lot of money on other commercial document editing software.

Cons

It has a web-based editor that works only when we have internet access, so if we are working remotely we need to first download documents and edit them in any other document editor. Support is available via forums or help section of Google Docs, unless we have G Suite subscription. No Windows version of Google Docs is available, can only be access via browsers.

Benjamin
Benjamin
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Positive and negative of Google Docs.

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Overall, the Google Docs is a great document because it checks if my grammar is correct or not. The Google Docs have auto saving so good for me the reason is I will easily forget to save my work then the Google Docs will save for me all the time. It's helpful for people who will easily forget to save their work.

Pros

In the Google Docs the most useful is they can auto save the document on the Google Drive without USB and allow multi users to work in the same document then finish, discuss on the Google Docs. Therefore, for the business, Education (students, teacher and instructor )and Family could help them have a good efficiency and easier to finish the work together, it helps Google Docs users to save a lot of time on saving documents and discussing in the work. Google Docs is a great platform to save user's time in the work.

Cons

The Google Docs is a good document platform but has some little not convenient for the Google user. For example, The Google Docs's menu title of the menu bar is rendered in plain text, making it difficult to separate it from the rest of the Google Docs interface. While the user finds that menu bar, clicking on one of those items creates a menu, but it's hard to tell the text from the Google Docs background. Menu has no shadow thus it blends in with the page when the user is working on.

SmartDocs

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

I choose the Google Docs to doing my work the reason is Google Docs will help me to save the document on the Google Drive expect the USB therefore it save my time to doing other works, it can share my document to my workmates or classmate easier, faster. Google Docs is free document so I will still using this great document application to doing my works.
Bukhosi

Google Docs Is An Amazing Document Editing Tool

Reviewed on 2022/10/10

If I were to rate it out of 100 I would give it a 99/100 because the tool is amazing, and its easy to learn and start using.

Pros

I like that I can work and collaborate with my team seamlessly. Google Docs is amazing because I can also share documents on the run and I don't have to carry my laptop around. I can run Google docs on the browser at all times without having to install any apps which is really amazing.

Cons

Without a connection can save my files for editing offline but I wanna be able to use Google Docs even in areas without a connection and that's the only issue for me. aI think this issue can be fixed by embedding the web app to Google chrome for offline use

Reasons for Choosing Google Docs

At the time I like that I can work on a document with my team simultaneously

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

I can work from anywhere and that for me is freedom
Jason

Our daily go to for document creation and management

Reviewed on 2023/06/05

Fantastic software. Google support it heavily and you can google most answers if you get stuck on something.

Pros

It’s a very easy software to use, with abundant features that are designed to make your document admin life a lot easier. And it works.

Cons

Nothing to not like. All around a decent software and very helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Google Docs

Microsoft is too exclusive and doesn’t integrate nicely with other softwares like google does

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

Google’s eco system is a lot more user friendly and can be scaled up company wide with ease
Reema
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Literally the Best Word Processor

Reviewed on 2023/11/27

Again, made my life so so much better at work. I can't imagine a world without it now.

Pros

I think you probably have to live under a rock if you don't know the gist of how Google Docs works, but I love Google Docs and use it for everything at work. I work remotely and often need to have a number of staff work on numerous reports at once. Google Docs is seamless for collaboration, if someone messes up you can always go into the history and fix it, and sharing is easy. Additionally, the @ feature where you can assign a comment to a coworker is the best thing ever invented. Microsoft is trying to replicate, but their online sharing is such a mess compared to Google Docs, and their products are way too complex for the output they give you. I swear by Google Docs and Google Sheets at work.

Cons

The only thing Microsoft has over them is the spelling and grammar tool. Google's unfortunately is subpar at best. Whenever I need to do a grad school project, I literally type the whole thing in Docs and export it to Word just to make sure the spelling and grammar is up to par. I would love to not have to do that anymore, and I can tell they are working on it. Once they figure out how to improve that, Google Docs will be a perfect product.

Khan Md Mohaiminul Islam
Khan Md Mohaiminul Islam
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Daily necessary app for documentations

Reviewed on 2021/10/15

In one word I can say, it saves my time, I can easily create document files and start work from anywhere, by using the autosaving option, I never have to worry about saving, besides I can easily able to use from any device, collaboration with my team mates is very usefully to me. all documents can easily share with my group members. Integration with other Google products and 3rd party ap saves my time, which increases productivity.

Pros

Basically, Google DOCs is a Free tool, unlike Microsoft office can use it from anywhere, Beside it did not cost me any money.
Real-time collaboration and syncing are very perfect from my end, any teammate can also work at the same time with us.
Saving the changes is automatic, the chance of losing data is not here.
I can easily access my documents from any remote place with my mobile and laptop.
Software integration with other Google products is a productive option for us.

Cons

Comparing with MS Word, Google Docs has some missing features option, it very hard to create in Google docs, and all the icons in Docs is little small, For the first couple of time its not ideal for me. After using some time I get used to it.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Fantastic document management software for teams

Reviewed on 2019/02/16

If you like working in a team, and you will not necessarily deal with difficult documents, try the text editor included in the Google Docs service. On a regular basis, any changes are saved directly to the Google cloud, so you can be sure that nothing will be lost. And finally, Google Docs is an absolutely free - as opposed to an extensive, yet somewhat expensive, Office software.

Pros

I love in Google Docs previewing and saving changes in real time - there is no situation, that I forget to save something and close the document or turn off the computer - everything is automatically saved.
I also like a simple system of comments or history of changes in the document - this tool really shines when the participants of the document are far apart, but want to be sure that the work on the document will be carried out well and efficiently.

The text editor from Google also works well in "solo" scenarios when I want to write simpler documents than bachelor's or master's thesis. It is worth pointing out that Google Docs is not offered as part of a computer application - it is only possible in the browser. On the one hand, this is a disadvantage, but for users of alternative operating systems it can be a huge advantage - it depends on our individual preferences.

The more I work with Google Docs, the more I appreciate features that some people may not even know about it. For example, it is possible to insert a picture into a document not only from a disk, as in a standard editor, but directly from the Internet by pasting a link.
In Doc's, you can also insert a map via Google Maps, which can sometimes be really helpful.

There is also changes suggesting in Google Docs.
I can suggest changes to the document without editing the original text. If the owner approves my suggestions, they will replace the original text.

Cons

As I mention before, Google Doc works in our browser. Obviously, we can't edit documents, in the same way as we can do in programs that are created for this.

Sven

A good, if basic, word processor in the cloud

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

I'm using Google Docs for creating all my business letters & documents. So far I've always been able to achieve professional & proper looking results and have greatly profited from Google's templates directory. The cloud backup & collaboration features of Docs have also come in handy on numerous occasions.

Pros

Google Docs provides you with all the obvious necessities a word processor in 2019 should be giving you. While it doesn't support overly fancy layouts & effects, Google Docs concentrates on the core word processing feature-set and executes well on it. You can easily & (perhaps more importantly) efficiently write letters, notes and memos using this application. The instant sync & cloud backup are a nice bonus and Google's new "Template Directory", which gives you access for templates for things like contracts, freelance writing agreements, invites, etc. is a treasure trove for everyone who's just trying to get their work done.
Your documents written in Google Docs will look professional, whether you use a template or create a document from scratch. The export to PDF & Word makes it compatible with all mayor systems and the tight Google integration is a nice bonus for everyone who also utilises the plethora of Google services.
Google Docs is a perfectly fine word processor that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend as your "daily driver" for document editing.

Cons

While Google Docs "executing well on the basics" approach to word processing works brilliantly when creating documents, it also creates incompatibilities when trying to import documents written in Word or Apple Pages. This can sometimes lead to mayor issues when working with coworkers, contractors or clients who use one of these other word processors, which can only be resolved by one of the involved parties switching to the other's editor of choice.

Adam
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

Three of the members of my team work remotely, so we are not always in the same office. Google Docs allows me collaborate with them on all of my projects. My team can see/suggest edits and even comment on documents without loosing the original content. Because we are all so busy, it great to be able to do this at our own convenience and not have to block out time in our calendars for meetings.

Pros

I love that fact that I can share a document with my entire team and they are able to edit/add content remotely. I have use other types of software that provide the same type service but they were very clunky and had a lot less features than their apps. Google Docs is very intuitive and very easy to understand which makes it a breeze for people on my team who have never used it before.

Cons

I have noticed that with larger more complex documents, that it does take some additional time to load. It's understandable and not that big of an inconvenience, and in the scope of things definitely NOT a deal breaker.

Microsoft SharePoint

Microsoft SharePoint

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

It was a more streamlined product by far.
ALEXANDER

Improve the productivity of your team or company with Google Docs.

Reviewed on 2020/01/28

Google Docs brings a number of benefits to the productivity of your team or company, and consequently will lead to higher quality deliveries. The system is integrated with Google Drive, which facilitates collaboration, use and control.

Pros

• It is possible for several users to work simultaneously on the same document, keeping all updates visible in real time, where through a chat system, where you can communicate with the people who are viewing the same file.
• Another very important feature in collaboration is the detailed control of permissions, where you can make files visible to specific people, or to everyone who works in the company.
• You don't have to move around the desktop to access an important document, just use the mobile app to be able to view and edit everything on your cell phone.
• Allows documents to be opened by a browser or application, without the need for the file to be saved on the computer.
• The system is still able to open documents in the Office extension, accepting editing them through conversion.
• It has the function of the agenda, which allows the scheduling of dates and events, as well as the development of descriptions not to forget.
• You have the option of taking notes during activities, allowing you to write down ideas, so you can return to them later.

Cons

• If you are not online, or do not have access to the Internet, you will not be able to work with the files, as you do not automatically have an offline copy on your computer, to use when you cannot access the Internet.
• If someone holds your secret password, or is able to steal the password, they can log into your account and view your confidential files, edit documents or delete them.

Google Docs for content writing

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

We were having trouble collaborating with the content writers and sharing feedbacks

Difficulty...

Difficulty organizing documents especially because I use multiple computers. Imagine if your device stops working you may lose all of the documents, etc. But with their cloud-based solution all I need to do is log in from any device with my Gmail id and I can access it.

Pros

We have been using Google Docs for ages and we have seen significant improvement. The pros of it are:

1) Collaboration and accessibility: The ease of access with any other user is super. Unlike Dropbox wherein we saved the Ms Word file if two users access the same file at the same time it creates a duplicate. You can share the G Docs with unlimited people.

2) Feedback: So if you want any of your content writers to make changes you can simply highlight the sentence and click on comment and leave your feedback.

3) No learning curve: If you have been using MS Word or similar application then you will have little to no learning curve.

4) Free: If you have a Gmail id you can get Google Docs for free. The value you are getting for free is immense.

5) Spelling and grammar: There has been a lot of improvement over the years in this field. I also use Grammarly as an additional too but its handy to have the suggestion from the Docs.

6) Saved history: You can view past edits and revert to them if needed

Cons

1) Basic themes layouts, and templates: Google needs to work on creating more templates. Right now there isn't enough of it.

2) Internet access: You will need to have internet access to access the files unless you have installed their Google Docs Offline

Dropbox Business
Adrienne
  • Industry: Wholesale

Best Solution for Collaborative Document Creation

Reviewed on 2020/10/23

It's fantastic. Would recommend to anyone.

It's fantastic. Would recommend to anyone.

Pros

The simplicity of Google docs sets it apart from the rest. It is so easy to use. The layout is easy to grasp, and the tools are easy to find. The software is comparable to the much more expensive Microsoft Word, BUT has the added benefits of automatic saving and collaboration. I sometimes forgot how frustrating it used to be when I hadn't saved a document for a while in Microsoft Word, and my computer crashed or restarted... gone forever was my work. But no more. Google docs automatically saves the changes you make to the document you are working on. Lastly, the biggest feature of this software is the collaboration feature. Edits to a document can be made in real time by multiple people (Only people whom you have given permission to edit the document.) I'm a huge fan of efficiency so this has become a game changer for any collaborative projects.

Cons

The pros greatly outweigh the cons here, but one down side is that in order for your work to automatically save, you must be connected to the internet. If you are not, you cannot even make edits to your doc.

Secondly, I have noticed that people who do not have a google account can have trouble accessing the doc. To get around this, most of the time you can just download and email the doc, but if it is a really big file it may not be able to send over email.

Alex

I've used this since its inception. I just wish it had been out when I was in college!

Reviewed on 2017/09/07

It's my primary word processor and spreadsheet program. I spent much of my time crunching numbers with it, and figuring out ways to massage data to get good results

Pros

Because there weren't separate options for Google Sheets, Docs, Slides, etc, I'm assuming "Docs" is being used as a collective term

I'm a spreadsheet junkie, and I cut my teeth on Google Sheets. There are things it can do that Excel just can't...and I haven't found anything I might need Excel to do that Google Sheets doesn't. Adding Forms to the mix makes for an incredibly powerful and flexible solution!

Docs is also great. As my title says, I wish this had been around when I was in college. I sort of made things work, but man, this would have been great. Now I work to convince teachers to accept that Docs is a legitimate word processing tool. Despite what some people might tell you, "Microsoft Word" is not a skill, it's a tool. You don't learn to "Chevy Impala", you learn to drive. Likewise, the real skill is word processing...and Docs can do nearly everything Word can

I once attended a presentation on "MS Office vs Google Docs", purported to discuss the pros and cons of each. It was a complete hatchet job against Docs. In most of the cases, the presenter put A LOT of weight on tiny cosmetic differences, but a few times she straight-up didn't know that you absolutely could do something with Google. I held my tongue several times, but answered her critiques a few times as well. I have yet to have someone convince me that MS Office is a worthwhile investment for any organization

Add-ons and Google Script only make it more powerful...but I'm out out of characters

Cons

Slides is where Google Docs falls short. It's serviceable, but until it has an offline mode, I'm never going to rely on it for a presentation. I don't trust other people's networks to do what I expect :)

Sasania
Sasania
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Best Word Processing for Collaborating with Team Members

Reviewed on 2021/10/10

My experience with Google Docs has been very good actually. The good definitely outweighs the bad and I use it mostly for the convenience. Since it is integrated with Google Drive, I can access my documents across my devices very quickly and that is the most important thing to me as I travel a lot and love to pack lightly (I refuse to carry a heavy laptop everywhere I go just to access my documents), so it just works perfectly for me honestly.

Pros

The ability to edit a document with your group/ team members in real time while actually seeing every single update is undeniably the most unbeatable feature that Google Docs has to offer. As a recent graduate, while in school and having group assignments, there was no other word processor that I'd turn to for this feature because Google Docs does it best, and it's a great way to see everyone's productivity in action and be able to make corrections.

Another one of the BIGGEST advantages of using Google Docs is its auto save feature. I do a lot of typing everyday and I often forget to save my work as I go along. Now, if there's a power or internet outage, can you imagine the nightmare of losing aaaallll of what you spent hours typing? Yup! it's definitely happened to me before with another word processor, but never with Google Docs!

Another pro, I'd say, is the ease of access that it has online. As someone with limited SSD storage on my very old laptop that cannot bare any heavy downloads (including word processors) and given the fact that I definitely don't have enough funds to upgrade just yet, in the past year I've relied heavily on Google Docs for quick word document creation and editing. I'm not sure if my processor is just too slow but I found that compared to the online version of Microsoft Word, it runs waaaaay faster and is much easier to access in a hurry. So for me that was a huge advantage and part of the reason I actually only use Google Docs right now.

Cons

The biggest con for me, using Google Docs, is that certain actions are a bit laborious. For example, if I want to create a text box, I have to use the drawing feature which prompts me to a different window to edit the box. That's honestly too much work, especially when time is against you.

CARLOS
CARLOS

The best ally of students and teachers. Easy to use, access anywhere, allows teamwork.

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

I did not have to use any flash drives again. I access my documents in any place, and I find them exactly as I left them the last time I modified them. Everything is automatically saved in the cloud. It is truly incredible.

Pros

Google docs is a word processor hosted in the google cloud. It allows to write documents in a collaborative way between one or more people.
What I like most about this software is that it has an extremely intuitive interface, easy to use, similar to Microsoft Office Word. Therefore, you should not be an expert in technology to be able to use it.
In my personal experience, as a university professor, I discovered that Google Docs perfectly adapts to the academic activities that I usually do. it makes the correction process much easier, since google docs records the work that each of the students has done. In this way I can corroborate that everyone has worked with the same level of dedication.
On the other hand, the privacy settings of google docs, allows to share documents in a public way, allowing the editing, comments or only the visualization of documents by third parties. Likewise, it has no compatibility problems since it is hosted on the google platform that is automatically updated.
the most incredible thing about this software is the fact of saying goodbye to flash drives. Google Docs automatically saves all the work we are doing in real time. Therefore we should not worry about the data, since it is automatically recorded and is available from any computer (mobile, tablet, computer) that has Internet access.

Cons

I really do not find anything that I dislike about Google Docs. I consider that the google team has been able to perfect this useful tool over time. For me, it is very complete.