RUN Powered by ADP Reviews

4.4/5
4.3/5

Heather
Heather

I've been an ADP user since 1999 and it's always been growing with us!

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

Pros

Constant updates and ADP actually listens to the feedback of their customers. I LOVE having a dedicated manager to answer my questions or to direct me in the right direction.

Cons

I wish that when setting up a new tax that needs an ID #, that ADP would handle contacting the state for id #'s, etc.

Response from ADP

Hi Heather -

Thank you for providing a positive review of our WFN platform. We appreciate your business and loyalty to ADP!

Dawn
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Expensive but good

Reviewed on 2023/06/15

Overall satisfied with ADP, but switching to another provider that has a better timekeeping tool to save me ttime and money.

Pros

Easy to use and get up to speed. Simple and easy to run payroll. Love that the system reminds you when you need to run payroll. Support is also good when needed. Most questions are answered quickly. Love not having to worry about filing payroll taxes, etc. ADP does all this for you which saves a small business owner lots of time that would spent on these things.

Cons

Timekeeping app was not great and expensive compared to other payroll providers. The integration with QuickBooks is clunky and makes it hard to categorize payroll the way we need to track it for costs.

Tiffany
  • Industry: Veterinary

Horrible Customer Service and Clunky Software

Reviewed on 2020/12/28

Overall, the payroll portion was easy to use, easy to run, and reports were adequate. For the price, we felt that the features were lacking and difficult to setup. Customer service was a joke and it took to long to get a returned answer.

Pros

The sales team over promised and then disappeared after we installed the software. The features that were available were so/so and appeared to be clunky. To process payroll was adequate and easy to operate. Reports were fine and gave me everything that I needed to easily enter payroll into our accounting software.

Cons

The HR features that we had tied to the payroll were a joke. Expert HR was nothing more than a phone call to someone that would then transfer you to someone else, that would then transfer you to someone else, and by the time it was over you forgot your question.

Response from ADP

Tiffany,

We welcome all feedback to ensure RUN? Powered by ADP continues to empower small businesses to more efficiently manage their payroll and HCM needs.

We are sorry to hear of your experience with RUN? and will pass along this feedback to our Product & Sales Teams. We are always working to enhance RUN? and delight our users.

Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP so we thank you for the review.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Joyce
  • Industry: Consumer Services

ADP is easy and simple to use

Reviewed on 2024/04/05

I feel confident in ADP as a company. As i have know about them for a very long time. Since at least 1980 in Syosset NY. Long story short, I have seen them grow over the years and i know how things are run there. They have been around a long long time and have only grown with time. So i have the utmost respect and confidence in ADP as a company.

Pros

Customer service is spot on. I always can get help when i need it and i get to speak to a human being. I like the ease of inputting information and feel like they actually care.

Cons

Just a little pricey. But i feel confident that i always have help. As a small business owner in NY we just pay so much for everything. But as a service in NY i get that it is a cost to run a business. Our payroll is our whole business. We do our best to save on costs but its not easy.

Beryl

Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 2022/12/20

Overall my experience with Run by ADP has been very positive. I will continue to use this software and will recommend to other business associates.

Pros

The best part about Run by ADP is the customer support. They are available and have short wait times to speak with someone. They are super helpful and take the time to walk me through the software functionality. Additionally the software is relatively user friendly and simple to deploy. It makes payroll so simple!

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about the software. It has the features and functions that I look for in a payroll processing system.

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

I picked ADP because of the customer service and the features and benefits.
Kristen

Easy to Use Payroll Software

Reviewed on 2021/02/22

I had a great experience using this software and ultimately only switched due to the need to offer benefits.

Pros

The software is intuitive, easy-to-use and secure.

Cons

I have no complaints apart from the constant password changing required.

Justworks and ADP TotalSource

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

I was offered a great introductory price as well as some incentives from my bank (Chase)

Response from ADP

Kristen,

Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are happy to hear that RUN? provides you with features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, allowing you more time to focus on your small business.

We appreciate your partnership on your payroll and human capital management needs.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Jordan
Jordan
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Excellent Company

Reviewed on 2023/02/25

Excellent. [sensitive content hidden] made the process easy and was involved with every step of our integration.

Pros

I have used ADP on and off with companies I have owned or been an officer of since 1997. The company and the people who work here are knowledgeable and good people to work with.

Cons

The software is not well put together and doesn't flow naturally. Additionally, screens will freeze on you and you will have to start over.

Hannah

Huge time saver

Reviewed on 2022/07/22

Pros

The ability to run payroll quickly and easily was a huge draw. The biggest benefit is the knowledge that we are compliant with all of the ever changing tax requirements. All of our taxes are paid automatically which is also a huge time saver. I'm excited to see how it helps with year-end reporting.

Cons

Integration with the desktop version of Sage 50 was a little cumbersome. It works, but doesn't import the data in the way that we were used to. It's just fine, but not perfect. Setup happened at the end of a quarter and took a little bit too much back and forth to get working properly. Support wait times were unusually high.

Ryian

One of THE BEST!

Reviewed on 2022/12/18

Overall, it has been great - definitely exceeded my expectations regarding what they can do other than just payroll.

Pros

Ease of use, customer support, features of the product

Cons

The fact that only SOME things can be completed from the App

Paycom

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

Difference in the features and how the product is rolled out. Run has a stress-free process for implementation.
Samantha
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

User Friendly and Time Saver

Reviewed on 2022/05/11

We have had an absolutely wonderful experience with ADP Run. The set up was easy and they walked us through every step getting started. Their help functions are awesome and always help me with any questions quickly and efficiently. I love how user friendly their portal is and the employee portal is a great help for all of our employees to track their weekly pay.

Pros

The portal is so user friendly and the online chat function is great and easy to get help

Cons

I have had no problems with this program.

Response from ADP

Samantha,

Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

We love hearing that our RUN Powered by ADP? is easy and intuitive for you!

We appreciate your feedback and as always we continue to strive to add value to your organization and to add time back into your day through our products and services.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Rosemary
  • Industry: Research

Mostly Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2023/01/10

Helping us keep in compliance with State law.

Helping us keep in compliance with State law.

Pros

Timekeeping feature is a great timesaver.

Cons

There are still glitches with changing employee status (say from contractor to full time employee) Have had to call the help desk EVERY time I do this.

Reasons for Choosing RUN Powered by ADP

Had more features and was a good price.

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

Was offered by our benefits broker so we changed when we started Employee Benefits
Yanek
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Fully Featured But....

Reviewed on 2022/01/25

RUN is mostly fine and gets the job done. It can be improved by allowing more self-service options for adjusting payroll. Also, they do not offer a service to mail 1099 forms to contractors individually. They mail the forms to the business owner and expect them to mail it individually. This seems to be something they should offer pretty easily.

Pros

The service technically has everything you need to run payroll pretty easily on a regular basis. You can pay both w2 employees and contractors with a few clicks.

Cons

To edit a payroll that has been submitted but not yet processed, you literally need to call ADP customer support. There is no way to adjust payroll once it has been submitted on a self serve basis. This is very annoying. Also, the reporting isnt as intuitive as it should be. They mostly want you to use their canned reporting. They do not offer the option to mail 1099 forms to your contractors indiivudally.

Gusto and Paychex Flex

Great promotional pricing

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

Promotional pricing for my clients

Response from ADP

Yanek,

Laurie,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of RUN Powered by ADP®.

How wonderful to hear that RUN® provides you with the information and access you require at your fingertips and top notch customer service, empowering you to focus on your business!

We hear your feedback on self service functionality and reporting and have passed this along to our Product Team.

We appreciate your valuable insights!

Juanita
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great product with inconsistent customer service

Reviewed on 2022/01/22

I have not found a better more affordable option. It does everything I need it to do and requires very little effort on my end. I appreciate that it just requires me to tap a few buttons to rub my payroll. I need something that is quick and easy.

Pros

The website and mobile app are very easy to use. Being able to run payroll on the go is very helpful but you can’t add an employee from the mobile app.

Cons

I hate that I can’t add an employee from the app. It has made it difficult sometimes. I also despise the long wait times for customer service. They have a call back option that they say you won’t lose your spot using but it generally takes hours to get a call back. That’s an absurd amount of time.I also hate the nonstop sales calls. I had to threaten to close all my accounts to get the calls to stop. The timekeeping with adp run was a nightmare. If there are any errors it causes issues with running payroll from the app.

QuickBooks Payroll and QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

Ease of use and the app functionality.

Response from ADP

Juanita,

We are happy to hear that overall you find ease of use and helpful functionality within RUN Powered by ADP®.

We appreciate your feedback on the Mobile app and wait times and have passed this along for review.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Emmarose

ADP Payroll

Reviewed on 2022/02/15

Pros

It makes tracking wages and employment records easy to track.

Cons

Some documents are tricky to locate. Each pay stub has to be downloaded individually unless put together in a custom reports package.

Response from ADP

Emmarose,

We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP® and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you.

Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you.

-Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Meg
Meg

OK for Payroll, Terrible for Taxes

Reviewed on 2022/08/25

Software is great, company is difficult.

Software is great, company is difficult.

Pros

Easy to process payroll and requires very oversight on customer end.

Cons

ADP Run continuously fails to file taxes and makes it so you don’t want to leave because you want to make sure things finally get resolved but try and prevent it from happening again.

Cost

Paylocity

Software ease of ise
Ashley
Ashley
  • Industry: Human Resources

RUN Powered by ADP Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/28

Overall I like ADP because it is a whole lot easier than the old way of doing things and it a lot easier than our other system. There are some quirks with it and it could stand to be a bit more modernized, but even still its a decent service that offers a lot of neat things that can be extremely useful.

Pros

As an employee I liked being able to log in and view my W-2s quickly as well as the employee handbook and PTO. As a person who also runs the payroll its nice being able to see an excel type form of all the employees across the board. I like being alerted when money is coming out so I know exactly whats going on especially since the funds came out earlier than what I thought. There is also a nice break down of everything. I like the idea of having all the employee perks that can be added on and will maybe be implementing more in the future. Lastly I liked being able to change some of the other employees banking information without too much of a hassle. There were 2 employees that changed banks shortly after getting ADP and requested their direct deposits go to their new banks and I assumed it would be a hassle to get them set up again, but it was pretty easy.

Cons

It took some time and frustration to set it up and even still its not fully functional as far as the perks that are promised with the service. We have the vendor discounts at different restaurants and stores as well as a retirement plan, but it took a bit of time to set it up because the rep that was assisting us couldn't get through to the customer service. Another thing I was not expecting was that the money was being withdrawn the night before the actual payday. I'm not sure if that is an ADP thing or just how things work sometimes as this is the first time I've run payroll. It was also frustrating having to log into multiple services. As an employee and then to run payroll. I set up 2 log ins, but I feel like if you are an employee running payroll everything should be in 1 space.

Joan M

The product is getting better over time.

Reviewed on 2017/08/18

Pros

The product is a good product, money value is cost effective, informative, easy to understand. I have used ADP for about 23 years. I have seen several products that were used. Technology moves fast and this product provides future assurance of meeting the technological needs that businesses will be looking for to help run their payrolls. Education of the product and how it links into the unemployment office and keeps records on our employees and their payroll tax needs is also very important The reports that are offered can provide endless data. I am appreciating all these features available to me as I focus on running the company as well. I need quick, friendly and understanding customer service attendants that can help with my unique needs for my employees. It is a product that NEVER CLOSES and this is invaluable as my hours of work never close. Thank you for all the support that is at my fingertips. I would not want it any other way. A product I can count on!

Cons

So many functions on one page that it sometimes loses its value of finding the right page for the right need. Maybe more pages with less on each page would make a person that is just starting out with ADP feel that it is more user friendly product.

Valeria

Amazing Sellers but after you sign it is a total mess

Reviewed on 2023/04/21

The person who sold this to me was great answering questions and said that he will be my point of contact is I needed anything after I sign up. Well… once the first problem started be disappeared…. And when he dis answer he was mas I reached out. Adp was collecting my state taxes but not sending them to the state, they said I never submitted my documents (which I did) and it was on my to fix it. Price changes without a formal notification.

Pros

You can run it on an app anywhere you are.

Cons

The customer service is pretty slow, lots of [sensitive content hidden] and never happened.

Gusto and Square Payroll

ADP Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Overall, ADP is a great software. We used it at a prior job for running payroll and it works great. We were able to pull the reports that we needed and run payroll seamlessly. ADP's support staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions that we had.

Pros

ADP has a lot of good benefits to the user. First off, the user interface is easy to use. It is fairly easy to learn the system and start navigating its menus. Second, the system is very accurate as one would expect. It makes running payroll fairly easy. It allows users to house employee data and then using that data when running payroll.

Cons

The one con (if you can call it a con) would be that you would have to have some training on how to use the system to get the most benefit out of it. It isn't a system that you can just sit down and play with it for a few hours and be an expert at using it.

Garrett
Garrett
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

A few rough edges

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Pros

It's great having a platform to check my daily punches, pay statements, and time off requests. I can always trust that my requests will go where they need to without needing to follow up in a separate email.

Cons

There have been times where the website has been late recognizing my morning punch in, which has led to some confusion with my manager. Navigation on the mobile app feels a little counter intuitive compared to the main website, namely with pulling up my full time card; it would be great if the Clock page on the app had a shorcut to jump straight to the Time card page so I could easily access the full breakdown of my hours.

Also, though this is a small nitpick, the fact that the login page doesn't offer a simple prompt to re-enter your password drives me just a little nuts.

Megan
  • Industry: Printing

Top of the Line Payroll Processing

Reviewed on 2022/01/03

We love that employees have their own portals to check their deposits and see past pay stubs. No more requests for copies of lost pay stubs, or people wanting to see details. It frees management up to grow our business and focus on our customers, while keeping employees informed and happy.

Pros

Our company started using ADP many, many years ago. Back when you had to call in on the telephone and give employee hours. In the years since we have tried other services, just to see if we were truly getting the best service out there. And I feel confident saying that yes, RUN by ADP is the best payroll service out there. It's simple to use, efficient and simply does what you need it to do for payroll. Direct deposit or printed checks, your employees have options.

Cons

We tried using their timeclock add-on and were not a fan. But it was a trial and easy to return.

Response from ADP

Megan,

Amanda
  • Industry: Human Resources

Difficult to Navigate

Reviewed on 2022/02/09

Pros

Simple to run payroll, and easy to find certain reports

Cons

Support is very difficult to find, the payroll grid is so big you need to scroll sideways if you have several deductions or additions for payroll. Also, adding a new employee requires certain points of information and will not let you send to the employee to complete until you have all the information, there is also no way to resend to the employee without deleting and restarting the whole process.

Response from ADP

Amanda,

We apologize for your frustrations with your experience thus far. We are committed to partnering with you until the matter is resolved to your satisfaction.

Your contact and account information is not available via this posting, however our RUN Team would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you to address your concerns. We do look forward to hearing from you.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Elena
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Perfect for a small business like ours

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Pros

We started using ADP Run about 5 months ago and by far I am very satisfied. The interface is easy and user friendly. Even when there is something I can't figure out how to do or just want to make sure I don't do wrong, they have this chat that is surprisingly quick and helpful. You get to speak with representative withing 2 min and they not only explain what to do, but also go in and do stuff for you. It is also really helpful that our employees can access their record via app. What is more, it is way more cost friendly than when we were outsourcing the payroll processing.

Cons

I really haven't encountered any problem yet. It seems to hit all the check marks we need. The only problem is that when we were starting they were a bit chaotic, not communicating between each other. We had a different point of connection every week, and it was somewhat frustrating. But despite this initial period, we have been running smoothly.

Response from ADP

Elena,

While I am sure I am not the first, I am very happy to welcome you to the ADP? family!

We are beyond thrilled to hear that you find RUN Powered by ADP? to be easy and accessible for both you and your employees. Partnering with you to make payroll and HR easy and effortless so that you can focus on your business is always front of mind for us.

Thank you for the valuable feedback. We look forward to connecting with you again.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Steven R
Steven R
  • Industry: Accounting

Good software with horrible customer support.

Reviewed on 2021/06/08

Not very good, multiple sales people, and just plan horrible client support.

Not very good, multiple sales people, and just plan horrible client support.

Pros

Was easy to use as long as you did not need to make an adjustment or had a question. Calculation and reports wise was very solid.

Cons

CUSTOMER SERVICE. Any changes or questions took valuable time away on hold or a waiting game as all requests were emailed to a group bank of people and you may have multiple confirmations and questions coming from different people in no particular order to track.

Response from ADP

Steven,

We welcome all feedback to ensure RUN Powered by ADP? continues to empower small businesses to more efficiently manage their payroll and HCM needs.

We are sorry to hear of your experience with the RUN Service Team and will pass along this feedback along.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Overall experience as Admin to use this tool is very decent.

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Pros

This tool is used for Global Data management (HR & Payroll) by us. Features are very helpful and easy to understand by the end users. Reporting functions is very convenient to customize the report as per user request. This application is compatible with IE browser.

Cons

Time out of one log in session page is less.
It is very sensitive with any Java updates.
Application is not running in all browsers with ease.
Sometime will face issue of unexpected outage of the tool.

Response from ADP

Hi -

Thank you for your review of our Workforce Now system. I am glad the tool is very helpful and easy for you to use.