Verizon Connect Reveal Reviews

Robin M.

Verizon Connect Autorenewal sham

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

Awful.

Pros

I'm too disturbed by the customer service to comment positively about the software

Cons

We had been with Fleetmatics/Verizon Connect for 12 years. We rec'd little support though a couple of years back, a sales rep called to have us sign a new contract with an annual autorenewal. This November we were researching Fleet tracking options and called F/VC to find out when our contract was up. We were told at the end of January so mid-December, we reached out to them to tell them that we weren't going to renew (we found another provider with more services and lower prices) and asked what we needed to do. The man who introduced himself as our "Customer Success Partner" told me that our contract requires 60 days notification so we were stuck through Jan 2020. I explained that we hadn't been informed that when we called. He sent me a copy of the contract and told me "too bad" that my company should understand who it is doing business with. He said in no uncertain terms we were locked in through Jan 2020. I asked to speak to his manager but was told she was out of the office but well aware so if I called her the next day, I wouldn't have any better success.

I did a search on New York State law and learned that a contract w/ autorenewal needing notice of more than 30 days requires the vendor to notify the signee of their renewal timing by certified mail (or in person) betwn 15-30 days of the deadline or it's not enforceable. Within 24 hours I received confirmation that the contract will terminated this January and not the following!

Norma S.

Truck Tracking made easy

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Like i said before very useful tool to help keep your workers from driving to fast or reckless.

Pros

its easy to use to locate a truck. I really like the feature where i can get directions to a truck it is such a useful tool.

Cons

i don't like that its so hard for me to pull a report from the data. I just want to be able to pull a spread sheet that will have the information in one place for each truck. like for it to read simple not have to look everywhere for it
For Example
DATE:, Trk #,Engine on:,Stop Time:,Idle Time:,Travel Time:,Distance(mile),Start/End Time,VIOLATIONS
6/1/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING
6/2/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING
6/3/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING
6/4/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING

Because right now i have to read the whole report look minute by minute to get to the end of the report for that information. I think this way would be way easier for me to get & pull the data i need. Plus i have to go through the replay to see if there were any speeding or braking violations with what the speed is with how fast the where going. Looking forward to maybe seeing this happen.

Steven C.

Basically, a very good product. I highly recommend that you consider it for your fleet management.

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Pros

Allows me to spend less time on fleet management and more time on other duties. Allows for driver accountability. Before we used manual logs to write in mileage. There were many gaps. Vehicles would be driven 100s of miles with no documentation of where they had been. We were also able to identify dangerous driving habits (90+ mph with a vehicle load of students!). We use it to provide dynamic routing to pickup students that have had their off-site schedule change. Finally, I have a good handle on maintenance and vehicles are serviced on time, because I can plan ahead. We even use it to track car washings. Training is great, customer service has always help me out in that regard.

Cons

There is no way to easily display current mileage. You must go into the edit vehicle function to display current mileage. There is no way to display the mileage of the vehicle during a trip. It will display the mileage traveled during the trip but not the actual vehicle odometer reading. Not a huge deal, but there are times where it might be useful (forgot to write down mileage of service that I performed in-house). Calculated mileage will drift over time, sometimes by a few hundred miles, so you should be adjusting about once a month by comparing actual vehicle mileage with program calculated. Add a driver as user is challenging if driver is not defined as a user first. Customer service is usual great, but it took me almost a month to get additional fobs last time.

Mike W.

The technology and product work reasonably well. The information is an asset to managing the fleet

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

The software is relatively intuitive....which is good because the customer support is the worst I have EVER experienced with any product! If you enjoy figuring things out on your own, you will really love this product. You can make it work for you with a little experimentation and some extra time invested.

Cons

The customer support is non existent. They have a lot of nice people answering the phone that are very sorry for your troubles...."someone" will get back to you within 24 hours. Unfortunately when they get back to you they are unable to assist you so they will elevate your issue to the tier 2 rep. The tier 2 rep will then get back with you in 24 hours. The tier 2 rep will likely be unable to help you...but they are also very nice, courteous folks who are sincerely sorry for your issue. The tier 2 rep will elevate it to a high priority and you will be contacted within 24 hours. The high priority rep will email you and ask if you have completed the proper documentation and send the forms to you....these will be the same forms you received and completed prior to this whole cycle beginning. Save the original forms so you can just resend it. It will save you time. I am sure by now you get the point...I have waited well over 6 weeks to get a device installed in a vehicle for fleet expansion. This has happened on more than one occasion. At present I am looking for another vendor who has equivalent technology with a matching suite of genuine customer service. My advice would be that you continue to look elsewhere and see what you can find before you are trapped in a 24 hour service cycle!

Rosemary A.

Fleetmatics REVEAL Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Since we put the tracking system, it has saved us money on payroll because the employees can't add time if the tracker shows a different time than what they are trying to input on their time card. It helps with liability issues with our auto insurance if we can see who is driving harsh and or speeding. We have an opportunity to speak to the employee and hopefully avoid an accident in the future.

Pros

The tracking is great because we know where our vehicles are at and the time they arrive and leave a job site. We had a lot of problems with employees not being truthful as to where they were. Since we had the tracking system installed it's been great . It tells us when they are just idling and wasting time, if they are using the vehicles for personal use and one of the features we really like is the report that tells us if they are harsh driving and/or speeding.

Cons

One of the problems is that I don't know where they are at the exact moment. The reports have a delay and so if I'm looking at the report to see if they are on their way back, it doesn't show me the exact time. Also, sometimes it will show me a street name or a freeway only without an address or something else that will identify where they stopped. It doesn't happen regularly, but it does occur.

Kurt F.

Never ending contract

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

My overall experience with Verizon connect reveal And its previous named fleetmatics has been absolutely atrocious. we were sold this product with false hope about what it could and couldn't do And then we were charged a ton of money for services that we were not actually given. The customer service and the contracts are ridiculous so even if I wanted to switch to a different service I would have to pay over $10000 to buy my way out of my contract which I think is absolutely ridiculous. Long story short I'm stuck with this service forever and I'll never be able to get out of this contract.

Pros

This product helps me keep track of my vehicles And helps me to see who needs help where and when they will be at customers homes. It allows me to track speed driving behavior As well as keep track If the crews are where they are supposed to be.

Cons

I do not like that the standard reveal software does not allow you to split Your routes between multiple vehicles. The other service that We purchased originally with reveal allow you to do that but in a very convoluted and not user friendly way and it was very expensive to do a very simple task. I have to use multiple software is now to do the same thing I should be able to do one that I pay an arm and a leg for.

Jennifer G.

ELD System

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

It's beneficial to be able to see where each driver/truck is and not have to constantly bother drivers to find out ETAs. Customer service will troubleshoot a driver and provide them with help for their Logbook issues.

Pros

The software is user friendly and easy to train drivers on the system with the online training and quiz. There are many positive features such as reporting and tracking along with a simplified screen to show each driver's available hours for the day. Customer service is available 24/7 which is what an OTR Trucking company needs to provide their driver's with assistance for their Logbooks. Being able to see where your driver/truck is at all times is a saving grace and saves time from having to make a phone call to the driver asking for an ETA.

Cons

There were a lot of bugs in the initial roll out of the system, however as time has progressed it seems to have improved significantly. A lot of updates which drivers are not fond of as many drivers are not tech savvy and it would be better if they could limit their updates by testing the functionality of the updates prior to rolling out of the update.

7.0/10
Chuck E.

Good product, HORRID customer service.

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

I've had this product for just over 2 years now tracking 17 trucks. Overall, I like the software, the mobile app, the fuel integration, mileage tracking, and service notifications. We've had a few issues with the installed units, but the installation team (which is subcontracted out) is very prompt and responsive to getting the issues resolved. My account rep and sales team, however, are a different matter altogether.
First off, most of the time I call customer service, I will inevitably be transferred at LEAST 2 times to a different department, and will have to explain the issue in full each and every time. I had a billing dispute (where they charged me for an add-on e-log that was never received nor installed in my trucks) and they refused to issue me a credit or even really address the issue. Their entire attitude is basically "well, we shipped them out (to the wrong address) and it's not our fault you didn't install them". I've spoken with my account rep, his boss, and even the Customer service manager. Not only will they NOT respond to calls or messages (they never answer the phone), but emails go unanswered as well. I'm currently fighting them to buy out my contract so I can find a company that will actually provide service to their customers. Do your homework folks... Good product, TERRIBLE customer service!

Pros

ease of use, easy to install

Cons

Customer service is HORRID!

2.0/10
Frank P.

Fleetmatics Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Running reports and actually navigating the website is easy. Unfortunately this product doesn't give us exactly what we are looking for when it comes to the Replay function. Which is very important to us.

Pros

I have tried other products and this one seems to be easy on the eyes. There are other products out there where their pages are too busy. Verixon Connect Reveal seems a little user friendly when navigating the website.

Cons

It does not do a good job following our drivers when it comes to the Replay function. You can set it between the "driver" or the "vehicle". With our business, many different drivers are in and out of our trucks in a single day. We can have 5 different drivers in just 1 truck. The Replay function doesn't do a good job following when our drivers are scanning in and driving the trucks. I wish I could see the Replay of a driver where it shows at 7am he scanned into Truck X and then scanned in to Truck Y at 9am. Then switched to Truck Z at 11am.

Cindy B.

It's one of the best purchases our company ever made.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

We love this software, and we have cut down on employees unapproved use of company vehicles and improved employee driving safety by using it.

Pros

We've been using Fleetmatics, now Verizon Reveal, for years. We initially signed up with them because we wanted to keep track of what employees were doing in our company vehicles, but this software is capable of so much more. From tracking our oil changes to sending us alerts when employees are speeding, we use this every day. The customer service is amazing also, and there's a pretty nice referral program.

Cons

It recently went through a revamp, and we did a training for the new system about a year before it was actually released. It was a little bit of a messy transition, but once we downloaded the new apps to our phones and got over the hump of getting everyone back on the same page, it's been amazing. The upgraded graphical user interface and new features are great.

Dan C.

Fleet Management

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Satisfied, but not WOW'ed

Pros

Location tracking for assets as valuable as vehicles and trailers is essential for businesses our size, and has proven helpful almost immediately in tracking vehicle history and managing logistics in day to day tasks.

The driving habits they track as well are very informative and beautifully compiled with this software.

Cons

Customer Service has always been spotty and seems to still have issues after being bought by Verizon. Hopefully, these are just complications due to the transition in ownership.he

The Driver ID functionality is not as secure as it sounds, and the driver ID keyfobs are a hassle for companies with many drivers and constant new hires.

Tracking with trailers could also be improved, the struggle I understand as a trailer doesn't have a battery to connect to when not being towed... but we have trailers that are still reporting after 3 years or more and some that have stopped or needed repairs after only a few months. The companies that install the tracking units is outsourced, so this could be why we have noticed so many discrepancies between regions, which also adds unnecessary complications when scheduling installs/repairs.

Dawn J.

Verizon Connect Reveal also known as FleetMatics

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Overall we have solved problems in business with knowing where are technicians are even when they say they are somewhere else. It gives us proof of their locations in real time. While the technician is driving the unit on your computer screen will move as well. Great stuff!

Pros

I work at a Fleet business where we have diesel technicians on the road performing emergency road service for diesel vehicles 24/7. This system helps us not only track our technicians locations, but so much more. We can guide them in their travel where there is less traffic to get to breakdowns faster, we can find parts stores faster for them and it keeps track of small things as in their oil changes and lets you know when the next one is due for each work vehicle.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this software. So far so good.

Garrett S.

Fleetmatics REVEAL Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

customers questioning if the tech came to there property to service. also manage my techs throughout the day has been very helpful.

Pros

I like the fact that it gives so different break downs. speeding, hard breaking, etc. Also the fact that I can look back and see what a tech did in the past if a customer is questioning certain services. its fairly easy to move through the software on a desktop.

Cons

the mobile app on my phone is very difficult to go through history. at times the GPS isn't quite accurate in regards to the alerts. (personal experience, when I feel when I've been driving and had to slam on my breaks nothing came up) other times I would get an alert when I definitely feel there shouldn't have been one.

Dayna D.

Great tool

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Our experience with Verizon is getting better every time. Their customer services response quick with any issue.

Pros

Save data of drivers logs, vehicles history. Also the alert form for services due, annual inspections, speeding or any violation. The availability to track most of the information you need to keep your fleet on track and drivers.

Cons

One of the Cons I can say is the gps isn't accurate sometimes and the speeding, looks like a glitch or connection isn't good. The were an alert before of a vehicle speeding on a zone of 32mph, which there's not a 32 mph zone. About location of vehicles in the e-log program not always recognize the location and the drivers have to put down where they at.

Nathan K.

We Love This Software and Rely On It More Than Expected

Reviewed on 2017/06/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have been completely satisfied with the performance and functionality of Verizon REVEAL.

Pros

The stability has been flawless and the ease of use has made Verizon REVEAL a "go-to" for everything from quick reference location checks to detailed driver safety and vehicle performance monitoring. The fuel card integration has enabled us to monitor fuel purchases to ensure everyone continues to abide by our fleet fuel guidelines. The driving behavior reporting has dramatically improved our fleet's driving.

Cons

We really don't have many objections to the software. Possibly the developers could provide a screen saver function to protect large TV's like we use to display content from the application.

Mitchell C.

Frustrated

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

You guys have been milking us on pricing and tech for a while. Not that we are interested in other company you are willing to reduce to try and keep us. We even have to ask about features we do not have. If we could drop our service without penalty we probably would but your contract does nothing for the customer. If you had superior service and equipment at a great price, you would not have to worry about contracts.

Pros

Can't think of any right now but you require 40 characters on this section.

Cons

I cannot color code the icons on the map so that when we look at it we recognize specific groups. The names do not stay up on the icon on the map so you know what specific unit and or driver it is. We are always dealing with units that are not reporting.

3.0/10
Toni L.

a little much for our small business but it generally works.

Reviewed on 2019/06/09

We do not use VCR to its full extent. Much of the software is suited to a different business model than ours since we don't do "routes" or long distance trucking. We've used the tracking software to make sure our drivers are where they are supposed to be in general. It keeps the owner of the business informed.

Pros

we can (sort of) find our drivers. We have used this software to deny unemployment benefits.

Cons

~the addresses are not exact, even our business has the wrong address...
~there is no way to assign a driver to different vehicles multiple times of day. i really need this.
~30 seconds is too much time to refresh when a driver is in a city and the office is trying to help our driver navigate.

7.0/10
Will Z.

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/06/10

I came on board in December with one of my main jobs being Admin for the Reveal Fleetmatics program. I was excited and made several attempts to contact a Rep with your company to get me up and running on how the system worked... Videos, Tutorials, etc... ANYTHING. I received ZERO response or assistance. It was so bad that our General Manager directed me to go elsewhere. I did and we found SAMSARA. We notified Fleetmatics that we were cancelling and STILL failed to get a call from ANYONE in sales or "Customer Success" other than to explain that we had missed the notification window by about 2 weeks and we were automatically renewed for another year.

The service was non-existent. ALL I WAS NEEDING was a basic work through on how the system worked and we would STILL be with you. Your people really dropped the ball and that (obviously) still bothers me as I think you have a serviceable product. Again, NO ONE called... NO ONE asked why we were leaving, NO ONE, EVER other than to explain how much we owed.

Pros

IFTA works well... easy to build a list of applicable vehicles and states needed to look at

Cons

your service, or lack thereof. Actually, that isn't fair... I can't possibly rate something I've never experienced.

Emily P.

New ELD's with Verizon Connect formerly Fleetmatics

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

I think it would be a lovely service once all the bugs are worked out of either the tablet or the connectivity.
There are an amazing amount of features available that are really cool and can come in handy. Although, I do hope they will get better so that our drivers can operate with them like they are intended.

Pros

I'm not quite sure if the issues that our company has had with the new ELD's is a software matter or rather with our hardware. The main issues our drivers have had are with status changing by itself. A good example, when a driver has changed status to off duty for 30 min, break, suddenly the status changes on its own back to driving or something. We've had several occasions where the drivers havent been able to use the ELD's due to either not being able to log in and get to the dashboard or the app just not refresing .

Cons

Sometimes it doesnt work properly and therefore drivers have had to run paper logs in the meantime
while we try and get it, our drivers have to

6.0/10

Verizon Connect Reveal for Small Business

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

Pros

We utilize this software for GPS tracking on our company vehicles. Since our employees are all over the place, it is crucial that we are able to see where they were and how long they were there. It helps with time clocks as well as ensuring productivity.
Lots of different report options. You can learn a lot about your fleet's daily activities with this product.

Cons

Editing geofence areas can sometimes be finnicky. Also, the search function can be finnicky as well. You can't just type in one word of the entire name of the place, it has to be the exact words in the correct order or it won't find it.

Tara C.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Overall it has been great. Rocky at first, like any new product startup, but much better now and I have tried 4 other ELD options and this one is hands down the best for us.

Great web training classes
Helpful and responsive customer service
Easy to understand, set up and install
Easy to make corrections

Cons

I would like it if the unidentified miles were more real time again. They used to be but then changed to a 48 hour delay so drivers can claim them. In my experience the drivers never go back and look or accept them. When it was real time, it made identifying ELD malfunction issues much faster for the administrators as driver do not look at the program unless they are changing status. I found more ELD issues and notified the drivers which helped eliminated possibility of violations.

Steven G.

Fleet Tracking or Fleet Losing, Spent three years with this firm, Customer Service 1/5.

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

Customer Service is a below average in my opinion. If your transponder unit fails or is not functioning correctly it takes weeks, if not months before someone investigates and actually does something and you must constantly complain before they will even consider replacing the unit. This is simply not practicle if your running a business.

My customer service representative, was quite happy to point out conditions of contract terms and costs but randomly listened when there were problems. At which point these were passed onto other agents.

Having had contract review time, I was told pricing would be looked into. A few weeks went by and was quoted that standard contract terms pricing applied. Definitely would not re-sign a new contract period with a lack of customer service I've experienced. If what they did not like hearing did not please them, their tone would change and definitely not in favor of helping or delivering that "Customer Service" you'd come to expect. It would simply be, "well sir, as per the contract". Do not expect discretion in their service delivery. It is a no from me.

Pros

Been able to track vehicles when it actually worked and detailed reporting where necessary.

Cons

Reporting false location and telemetry. The car was parked in the workers home driveway of the home, (Physically inspected). The Verizon Connect System revealed the car was parked in the local park some 1klm away. Not very accurate reporting at all. Transponder Unit eventually swapped.

Another device reported a truck driver doing excessive speeds, however the truck has a speed limiter and was simply not possible to do that speed on the suggested road way when the device said it was in the middle of bushland where there are no roads.

Getting a detailed report can be slow if your downloading it and waiting for it to compile. Sometimes it would freeze up despite running all day. Most times, Had to close the browser and restart. Other times it was a little faster and did deliver the report.

Kelly P.

Good ELD and Tracking option for Trucking Companies

Reviewed on 2018/11/18

Verizon Connect has helped our business get in compliance with the new FMCSA ELD mandate relatively easily. They completed the installation on site and we were able to implement the new ELDs quickly and easily. The software and back office all work well with one another.

Pros

Tracking option is excellent. ELD option is easy to use for drivers. The maintenance option helps our fleet stay on top of our preventive maintenance scheduling. IFTA reporting is done with just a few clicks of the mouse. Offers several reporting options to keep track of every aspect of your business.

Cons

Syncing with engine diagnostics fails sometimes. Having trouble with identifying unassigned miles. Editing options are difficult to do sometimes.

Brittany S.

Great for small businesses

Reviewed on 2017/10/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I love that I can access my druver's routes from not only my desktop or laptop, but my phone, as well. Once you get the hang of how the softwate works, it's pretty easy to use and gives me the ability to offer reliable ETA's to my customers, while giving me piece of mind knowing where our fleet is at all times.

Cons

It does take some time to get used to, each truck must have it's own unit (Which is expected, however, it is something you have to remember whenever selling or buying an addition to your fleet)

Ruby C.

A lot of info

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Seems over built for my needs however does what I need and does it great so no complaints.

Pros

We use this software to track our assets but also to route our service department. Its efficient and accurate. It ties into our fuel cards so I can run reports to make sure gas use is not being abused.

Cons

There are a lot of other things this software does but we only use the basic functions. Seems a bit too much but I am sure if I ever have time to learn all the other functions I might start using them :-)