Verizon Connect

3,2 (723)
Fleet tracking intelligence

Cindy B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

It's one of the best purchases our company ever made.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

We love this software, and we have cut down on employees unapproved use of company vehicles and improved employee driving safety by using it.

Pros

We've been using Fleetmatics, now Verizon Reveal, for years. We initially signed up with them because we wanted to keep track of what employees were doing in our company vehicles, but this software is capable of so much more. From tracking our oil changes to sending us alerts when employees are speeding, we use this every day. The customer service is amazing also, and there's a pretty nice referral program.

Cons

It recently went through a revamp, and we did a training for the new system about a year before it was actually released. It was a little bit of a messy transition, but once we downloaded the new apps to our phones and got over the hump of getting everyone back on the same page, it's been amazing. The upgraded graphical user interface and new features are great.

Glenford B.

Terrible On boarding experience

Reviewed on 2021/08/11

2 days, hours on the phone, multiple emails, and they have no idea where my equipment is. They did send me a warning that I would be charged $100 per vehicle if I missed my install appointment, but can't tell me how much they will reimbursement for the cost of my staff sitting round waiting.

Pros

Hard to say, I can't get the install done.

Cons

Customer service is terrible, no follow up, hard to get anyone that will be accountable. Be prepared for long hold times if you have issues.

Samsara

Reasons for Switching to Verizon Connect

I have verizon fios, thought having to deal with one contractor would benefit me. I was wrong.
Bill V.

Find another iption

Reviewed on 2022/01/09

The products works, it is a real shame they took a wonderful company with excellent customer service and destroyed it. Do not use, do not use, do not use Verizon.

Pros

Once setup the system works well. We started with fleetmatics and used them for several years before Verizon took over.

Cons

Initially the transfer was smooth but within months of the buyout customer service dropped severely. A few years later and we simply can’t reach anyone. We have been trying for 6 months to acquire new units for additional vehicles and equipment. We were contacted by a sales rep to renew our contract which we did reluctantly hoping that would allow us to get our additional equipment. Nothing but Crickets since then, now trying to figure out how to cancel. We’ve since Called our bank to stop payments, there is no where online to change billing or payment info.

Chuck S.

great product

Reviewed on 2021/11/15

helps manage times for deliveries and give customers accurate deliveries times

Pros

how it breaks down times speeding idle times

Cons

haven't found anything that i do not like about this

Willie H.

Verizon Connection

Reviewed on 2022/01/06

Verizon Connects is convenient and essential for keeping the necessary data for my fleet.

Pros

I like the accuracy of keeping track of my fleet.

Cons

Troubleshooting and technical issues needs to be more prompt.

Nick H.

Absolutely horrible mistake

Reviewed on 2021/12/30

An absolute nightmare!

Pros

I received devices not compatible nor did they do what I was told, they also lied about any trial period.

Cons

They told me I should just run multiple tracking units because there's doesn't work

Azuga Fleet

Reasons for Choosing Verizon Connect

These devices had great intentions however service connection was bad with one and the other was a home user type system they sold me.

Reasons for Switching to Verizon Connect

Verizon connect reps lied, they sold me a contract with devices not compatible and only worry about the contract from the start.
Linda C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Very Poor and Incompentent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021/12/14

Our issues have not been resolved.
3rd party GPS installers are unreliable and unprepared.

Pros

The ability to track our drivers and replay previous days.

Cons

The lack of customer service is appalling. I have tried for 4 + months to get resolution with billing issues, and not one single person can help with the problem. The issue has been "expedited" 3 separate times. Our own CSM does not respond to emails or voicemails, stating he is overworked and behind.

Randy B.

Great Product, Horrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021/12/03

3 year contract- bad. Auto renewed another 3 years without notification- crooked. Add new vehicles have multiple 3 year contracts on auto renewal- insane. Stay away unless they eliminate contracts.

Pros

Interface is easy to use and up to date.

Cons

Software is easy to use for simple vehicle tracking. Cant say anything bad in the aspect.

Bruce V.

Support is terrible

Reviewed on 2022/01/11

Not very good. It was so bad we forced Verizon to let us out of our contract

Pros

It has the Verizon name, but not the quality you have come to expect from them

Cons

Poor support, constant glitches with the system

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Customer Service Horrible

Reviewed on 2021/11/21

Customer service is horrible. Called numerous times about app not working and finally issue was resolved. Very horrible customer service . Can’t wait until the contract is over

Pros

It’s electronic and can be used from our phones

Cons

It logs out frequently . Doe not automatically update . Needs a lot of manual input

Caity M.

Customer Service Nonexistent

Reviewed on 2020/01/10

Overall it has been very frustrating to work with VerizonConnect. They seem to have no urgency when it comes to fixing issues and complaints/concerns from their customers. They tend to not respond to emails and do not value communication with the customer. It has become very obvious that they do not communicate internally between their various departments. It feels as if each of their departments are completely separate companies that don't get on the same page with one another. Maybe this review will finally get someone to respond to our emails. It has been over a month of us not being able to pay our initial invoice because they have not gotten us the proper documentation we need in order to pay. Out billing department consistently has tried to reach out to them to get this information and to connect with they billing department but nobody has responded to any of the requests. I wouldn't be surprised if they now charge us a late fee even though we have been actively trying to pay.

Pros

The actual software seems to be working well with our fleet. My scheduling department has been testing this software out on a handful of our work trucks for the past few months and now want to install it for our entire fleet (30-40 or so trucks) so that would suggest that the software works, and is easy enough to use and worth the money.

Cons

The customer service at VerizonConnect. I can go weeks waiting for an email back from their team. It has been confirmed with their various departments that they do not communicate with each other internally so each of the departments I have had to interact with has had no idea what was going on / what issues were caused by their fellow departments. For example, the sales team got our business and sent us our contract to sign. We signed and paid for the services and sent it back. Over a month goes by of not hearing from them. I sent multiple requests for an update on the process and had no luck hearing back from anyone. Once they finally responded they gave me the contact information for some representative we had never heard of. I immediately reached out and a week goes by and I never heard back. Skip to another MONTH later and the product is finally installed. Apparently, their sales rep stopped being concerned with our contract and his response to our frustration with how long this all took and our disappointment in the lack of communication was to put blame on a different department and say it was all out of his control. Their customer service team / sales team said that this is something that "doesn't happen" (i.e. the lack of responding, the long wait time, the confusion between their departments) but similar situations have happened TWO MORE TIMES since then.

Jay C.
  • Used for 2+ years

Dipping Your Toe into the Abyss of Digital Transformation

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

It is a phenomenal step towards a digital environment for the under served home services sector. Implementing Verizon Connect Work is a step in the right direction! At the end of the day Verizon is a telecom company and looking to upsell their products into your business.

Pros

I love the fact that Verizon Connect focuses on the technologically under served realm of the home services market. These business's technology initiatives take a hard stop at email and spreadsheets. When implemented and used correctly, Verizon Connect Work (formerly Fleetmatics WORK) can bring to the surface revenue opportunities that business owners and stakeholders were oblivious to. Being typically their first go at new technology, Verizon Connect Work is usually welcome because of the ease of implementation and use. The technology is priced right and the ROI is enormous! The ROI stems from getting off the paper, chalkboards, notepads and alleviating lost invoices. At the end of the day the software is the home service industries first step towards digital transformation in this Fourth Industrial Revolution.

Cons

In response to Verizon Connect Work being described by former users as "A Starter Software" or "Technology Training Wheels", there is high churn being there are more robust softwares that encompass the entire life of a work order. With out mentioning any software company names, Verizon Connect Work's book of business is on a mass exodus to other players. To add, their is limited to zero customer support and the buying process wasn't very enjoyable.

mHelpDesk, ServiceTitan, Salesforce Field Service and Jobber
Shawn G.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

We Cried out for Help a Long Time

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

Since we switched to ELD, absolute kaaos and mayhem. Sold us a product that wouldn't work with 2019 Kenworth. Our tablets were outdated, salesman never checked. We had to purchase $$$ tablets. The HOS violations report didn't work for 8 months. Vehicles we asked to be removed stayed in since 2016 (3 years). Could not provide a cable for a 2019 Kenworth for over 6 months. We were literally forced to go to a competitor. Our account rep was absolutely horrible. The fellow we got at the end was nice, but it was too late by then.

Pros

We liked Fleetmatics. We liked that power units and trailers could go on one page. We liked the reports the program offered. The Irish were friendly, and easy to work with. They were always knowledgeable, and helpful.

Cons

The tablets lost connection with the truck in no cell service areas. Verizon never announced updates. When updates occurred, they would interfere (take presidence) over the logbook in use, blocking drivers from logging in/out from breaks, and creating excessive unassigned miles. The gps would say 195 miles when we travelled 12 miles, not accurate. A vehicle we did not own showed up in our fleet. Vin numbers and vehicle data came up missing. Very unpredictable and inaccurate data. Portions of the program were inop for long periods of time. Notifications for events occurring in the future, how does that happen? Techs support not all on the same page as far as procedure when we called in. Some fixed things, others said there was no fix. Clearly not all trained, and the gap is huge. Some were argumentative.

Robin M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Verizon Connect Autorenewal sham

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

Awful.

Pros

I'm too disturbed by the customer service to comment positively about the software

Cons

We had been with Fleetmatics/Verizon Connect for 12 years. We rec'd little support though a couple of years back, a sales rep called to have us sign a new contract with an annual autorenewal. This November we were researching Fleet tracking options and called F/VC to find out when our contract was up. We were told at the end of January so mid-December, we reached out to them to tell them that we weren't going to renew (we found another provider with more services and lower prices) and asked what we needed to do. The man who introduced himself as our "Customer Success Partner" told me that our contract requires 60 days notification so we were stuck through Jan 2020. I explained that we hadn't been informed that when we called. He sent me a copy of the contract and told me "too bad" that my company should understand who it is doing business with. He said in no uncertain terms we were locked in through Jan 2020. I asked to speak to his manager but was told she was out of the office but well aware so if I called her the next day, I wouldn't have any better success.

I did a search on New York State law and learned that a contract w/ autorenewal needing notice of more than 30 days requires the vendor to notify the signee of their renewal timing by certified mail (or in person) betwn 15-30 days of the deadline or it's not enforceable. Within 24 hours I received confirmation that the contract will terminated this January and not the following!

Ashley W.

Incompetent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

If you can find another company that has good coverage, choose them. I never had these kinds of issues before Verizon took over.

Pros

The software is user friendly and once you have the hang of it, it's easy to navigate the site as well as manage different locations and their vehicles as well. The reporting comes in handy as well.

Cons

The customer service is terrible. Ever since Verizon Connect took over Fleetmatics, it's all gone down hill drastically. While everyone I have talked with is very polite, they never seem to be able to discern between two different cases, can never send out the necessary parts as requested, even after they have said it will all be taken care of and they will ship out in no time. Just today, I called about a specific case number and wanted to make sure the parts needed for an install had shipped and would make it for our appointment on Monday, as we had not received them. The woman I spoke with could not find anything regarding the parts having shipped or not. She then said she found where they had arrived but that was for an entirely different case number. This was a situation where I already had to reschedule the install due to not having parts shipped as they said they would. So here we are, third time around and hopefully third times the charm. Unfortunately, this is the same story on each separate occasion when we need installs completed. I fully intend on trying to reach someone at a higher level to find out the reason behind this level of incompetency.

Joanna D.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Unkept Promises

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

It's a scheduling software that started on an internet base and tried to go to mobile and has failed in my opinion. They will roped us in with promises that they didn't keep. This is why we decided to leave.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to navigate and filter to find the invoice/ticket/customer that I needed really fast. I loved how I could keep whatever information I needed with customized info boxes. Dispatching out to Employees was easy and the old App for the Techs out in the field could do many things. IT worked great on the desktop end.

Cons

When we 1st signed on we were promised that the program would keep track of our inventory. We are a HVAC business and we have a lot of parts to keep track of. It wasn't working great when we started and the old app was ok with it. Then they Upgraded and had a new App and they completely trashed the inventory program and didn't tell us.
Since we are located with lots of country and rural areas we were told that the app can work offline and update the main programs once it got back in data range. This has never worked properly and my Techs were calling me to update their tickets because the app wasn't working.
The New App upgrade came everything went downhill. Techs could no longer create their own jobs (and we have Techs for on-call weekends) Techs could no longer show discounts to the customers on the invoice. The app still didn't work out in rural areas. It doesn't not work very well on the Mobile end.
Everytime I had Customer service on the line they tried their best, but since everything that we as a company needed they couldn't provide we didn't want to stay with them.

Carlos F.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Contract renewal

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

Everything was good till I try to get in contact with my account manager, I was placed on a phone call with a rep, because I was offered a better price on another company so I called to see if Verizon could have giving me a better price to increase my units. This was not possible because the only do this when the contract it about to expired, I remember that I had a contract, but my calculation it should had expired well it's not the case happen that I have sign up for 3 years renewable automatic 3 MORE YEARS if you don't provide then with a request on writing to be place on file till the end of your contract, but as per the rep I could buy my full contract, Well my advice to you is BE careful with this contract because it do not make sense to have a contract after you had comply with the first 3 YEARS 36 MONTH!

Pros

Software is good it do a good job but read your contract.

Cons

It refresh over 90 seconds most of the time.

Norma S.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Truck Tracking made easy

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Like i said before very useful tool to help keep your workers from driving to fast or reckless.

Pros

its easy to use to locate a truck. I really like the feature where i can get directions to a truck it is such a useful tool.

Cons

i don't like that its so hard for me to pull a report from the data. I just want to be able to pull a spread sheet that will have the information in one place for each truck. like for it to read simple not have to look everywhere for it
For Example
DATE:, Trk #,Engine on:,Stop Time:,Idle Time:,Travel Time:,Distance(mile),Start/End Time,VIOLATIONS
6/1/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING
6/2/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING
6/3/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING
6/4/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING

Because right now i have to read the whole report look minute by minute to get to the end of the report for that information. I think this way would be way easier for me to get & pull the data i need. Plus i have to go through the replay to see if there were any speeding or braking violations with what the speed is with how fast the where going. Looking forward to maybe seeing this happen.

Terry C.
  • Industry: Machinery

Avoid

Reviewed on 2021/05/25

Look at other tracking systems. Verizon is another headache you don't need!

Pros

The features and ease of the program are great, one of the best.

Cons

The customer service is horrendous. 12 months after we signed up we wanted to get additional units added and had to repeatedly contact them and ask for this to happen for 3 months. The trackers in several of our tractors weren't tracking correctly, the status was reading as though the machine was in idle or stopped most of the day but the tracking icon would jump around the work area (over multiple km's) in this status. I tried resolving this with there support team but was told there was no fault with the system, the machines aren't operating.
About 2 years into using the system we wanted to add further units, after 6 months of trying to get this done plus the issues with the tractors we decided to switch to another tracking company.
Because we still had 6 months to run on our 3 year contract we continued to pay the monthly fee. When the 3 year contract expired the terms were the monthly fee would reduce because the hardware was paid off. This didn't occur, the same fee continued to be direct debited from our account. We tried multiple times to contact our account manager and his senior with no response to fix up the over charging plus close the account. We had to go to the bank to get the transactions blocked.

Steven C.

Basically, a very good product. I highly recommend that you consider it for your fleet...

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Pros

Allows me to spend less time on fleet management and more time on other duties. Allows for driver accountability. Before we used manual logs to write in mileage. There were many gaps. Vehicles would be driven 100s of miles with no documentation of where they had been. We were also able to identify dangerous driving habits (90+ mph with a vehicle load of students!). We use it to provide dynamic routing to pickup students that have had their off-site schedule change. Finally, I have a good handle on maintenance and vehicles are serviced on time, because I can plan ahead. We even use it to track car washings. Training is great, customer service has always help me out in that regard.

Cons

There is no way to easily display current mileage. You must go into the edit vehicle function to display current mileage. There is no way to display the mileage of the vehicle during a trip. It will display the mileage traveled during the trip but not the actual vehicle odometer reading. Not a huge deal, but there are times where it might be useful (forgot to write down mileage of service that I performed in-house). Calculated mileage will drift over time, sometimes by a few hundred miles, so you should be adjusting about once a month by comparing actual vehicle mileage with program calculated. Add a driver as user is challenging if driver is not defined as a user first. Customer service is usual great, but it took me almost a month to get additional fobs last time.

Sandy E.

Tacking vehicles

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

We bought it for e-logs, and tracking vehicles. Difficult for users to easily use.

Pros

I can fined all my vehicles when I need to.

Cons

Integration with other software isn't very easy. Also, administration is not as intuitive as it should be. Difficult to find what I am looking for, and can't always save something if I don't have complete info.

Fleet Mobility

Reasons for Choosing Verizon Connect

More realtime access.

Fleet Mobility

Reasons for Switching to Verizon Connect

Realtime access and elog management.
Larry A.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

BEWARE of the Details Before you buy - Does not Interface with Quickbooks Well

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

Right now we are paying for the monthly as when you sign up they say " there is no stopping the payment". However, you can't see where it is going to really work, or not, until it starts getting implemented. We were "gun ho" when we started as it was "completely customizable". We test drove a system last year and ditched it because the invoice could be sent to the technicians email for data mining. They promised to make sure it didn't happen with this one and sure enough the day we started none of the pricing showed up for parts and the email feature was enabled. That means they wasted our time in the multiple data gathering sessions to set it up. WE HAVE ASKED FOR A CANCELLATION BUT WERE TOLD THEY DO NOT DO THIS AND THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO PAY THE WHOLE YEAR.

Pros

Great for the Field guys as they like the photos and dispatch features. The details get out to them faster and they can start from home to the first calls for the day. Turn by turn directions are great if all your site locations are set up.

Cons

The interface with Quickbooks is one way with parts. Changes in prices in Quickbooks have to be hand entered in both systems. We were told we would not want to use the Quickbooks after using there software. That is code words for "It doesn't work well" with Quickbooks. The time to generate an invoice is twice as long for the invoicer. The time from the techs has to be hand transferred to the invoice. There is no automatic calc from field to invoice because "they don't want to be responsible" for the techs pushing the wrong start/stop times. The time savings given in the sales pitch is diminished by the lost productivity in maintaining pricing and transferring times. Also the techs can alter the time they actually start and stop so forget using it to prove in any court when they actually arrived. For those of us managing technicians there is just as much chance for time abuse using this system. In the day of SQL database interfaces they are missing the boat in a fully integrated system. Every answer to our objections was to have us place a comment on a link button for the "developers" somewhere in the UK to "consider".

Joseph C.

Verizon Connect Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

Route Optimization. Traffic is everywhere is constant here in Massachusetts. I can then determine the best route.

Pros

I like how I can see all of the trucks on the map. I can hover over one of the icons and it will tell me where they are, how fast they going and who is driving. It also tells me how long they have idleing. I am constantly using the "Find Nearest" option as well, this gives the ability to tell customers exactly when the truck will be arriving on site. Overall We are happy with this platform.

Cons

The replay option. I dislike this feature. One reason being I have to watch the whole thing if I just need to see how long the last run took. On the timeline bar below I want to be able to slide that to whatever time frame I need to watch.

Mike W.

The technology and product work reasonably well. The information is an asset to managing the...

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

The software is relatively intuitive....which is good because the customer support is the worst I have EVER experienced with any product! If you enjoy figuring things out on your own, you will really love this product. You can make it work for you with a little experimentation and some extra time invested.

Cons

The customer support is non existent. They have a lot of nice people answering the phone that are very sorry for your troubles...."someone" will get back to you within 24 hours. Unfortunately when they get back to you they are unable to assist you so they will elevate your issue to the tier 2 rep. The tier 2 rep will then get back with you in 24 hours. The tier 2 rep will likely be unable to help you...but they are also very nice, courteous folks who are sincerely sorry for your issue. The tier 2 rep will elevate it to a high priority and you will be contacted within 24 hours. The high priority rep will email you and ask if you have completed the proper documentation and send the forms to you....these will be the same forms you received and completed prior to this whole cycle beginning. Save the original forms so you can just resend it. It will save you time. I am sure by now you get the point...I have waited well over 6 weeks to get a device installed in a vehicle for fleet expansion. This has happened on more than one occasion. At present I am looking for another vendor who has equivalent technology with a matching suite of genuine customer service. My advice would be that you continue to look elsewhere and see what you can find before you are trapped in a 24 hour service cycle!

Adam B.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Poor customer support and follow through

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

Customer support is awful. We started with fleetmatics in 2016 with 9 total trucks in our fleet. Once Verizon took over, i noticed the customer support took a nose dive and has never been the same. The sales reps take days or weeks to reply to voicemail and emails, or don't respond at all. We downsized to 8 trucks, and we are still being billed for 9 trucks, despite our sales rep guaranteeing me it has been rectified. I have reached out countless times to accounting, sales reps and nothing has been done. The rep instructed me to sign up for another contract and the 9th unit will fall off our plan. Yet, we are still invoiced for 8 total units. Each month we short pay by one unit, and its extremely frustrating to deal with this when Verizon is supposed to streamline our operations. Perhaps leaving negative feedback will prompt a manager to finally reach out to me and fix this once and for all. Not happy and would'nt recommend their service to any other motor carriers! Im on the verge of terminating our agreement and switching to Samsara! ab

Pros

Running reports on harsh events, speeding, cornering very easy.

Cons

Hours of service functions difficult to monitor. often times our drivers will see something on their tablet such as in their rest period, but on my end they still appear on duty. The ELD customer service hotline is always on point to help our drivers, and lead the way in support. If only the sales reps could do the same!