Dealertrack DMS Reviews

4.3/5 (58 reviews)
Nicholas B.

Dealertrack ELT Services

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

I was first introduced to Sue Phillips and her team at Dealer Track back in December 2016. I was trying to help a fellow Dealer obtain his ELT # for the state of Arizona.
I noticed that at that time Dealer Track was experiencing a bit of a staffing challenge, however, the level of support I was getting was phenomenal!! Sue and her team worked around all obstacles including the shortage of resources available to complete the process.

3 months later I obtained my dealer license, I remembered how professional the team at Dealer Track was, so I decided implement my ELT# with Sue and her team. I made the right choice!! Sue and her team were able to complete the entire process start to finish in record time. Thanks again for Stepping up and helping our new Dealership. Time is money, and DealerTracks speed and efficiency definitely contributed to our overall bottom line profitability.. I would rate this as Best In Class Industry Service!!!

Nick Buzzetta
AZ Auto Connect

Benjamin L.

Dealertrack DMS

Reviewed on 2019/03/31

I use this software daily to help keep the productivity at my company flowing. It allows us many great options to manage our operations. I would recommend this to those that are looking at the product for a complete solution.

Pros

The software offers a true variety of options when it comes to daily operations. The team at Dealertrack is always on top of updates and communication and the system rarely if ever has any issues.

Cons

There aren't many cons from my standpoint, it provides a tool to help get things done in an efficient manner. The only issue you may run into is when you have people setting up others accounts, they can either give too much or too little to the user in terms of options. I would advise training the HR or whomever you will have set the program up to be very specific to each persons roll in the company, again this is a user issue not the program itself

Customizable and Easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Pros

Very diverse DMS for the money. Switched from one of the other big three to Dealertrack and after we got our feet wet, you couldn’t make anyone go back.

Cons

Need to ensure you take this rare time to start fresh and clean up your accounting and processes. No sense in bringing the old ways to the new set up (and typically you don’t switch a DMS often). We, unfortunately, did not do our due diligence and the implementation folks are going to do what you ask- which was foolish on our part. Because of that we had a few months after where it was not as smooth as I would have liked

Robin H.

Great software for the automotive industry

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

I like using dealertrack. As a F&I manager at an automotive dealership, I use Dealertrack to submit all of my credit applications and it is so easy to use! I can access payoffs, approvals, and everything in between with Dealertrack.

Cons

Every so often, the software goes down and it can take minutes or hours for it to come back. I also wish there was a way to transfer my credit apps into my Lot Wizard instead of having to re-type everything.

Dealer Track - Affordable DMS solution

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/09/15

Overall, it is not as good as some, yet still better than others. It tends to be one of the better affordable DMS available.

Pros

>Overall Cost is the normal variable in choosing the DealerTrack DMS
*Cheaper Dealer solution than either CDK or Reynolds &Reynolds

>Some Aspects of the DMS can be Automated even though the overall solution is FTP based.

>Navigation is not too intensive

>Able to set up Auto run extractions for provision to a CRM Solution

>Setup of reporting and or File runs is normally easily accomplished

>Offers In house Integration with Service App X-Time

Cons

>Reporting is not as extensive as offered by other DMS providers

>X-Time integration can be spotty at times

>Limitations on the amount of Historical data that is maintained within the DMS, remaining Data is archived and is not as easily accessible.

>System is not Live update for Automated reporting
*Example: Automated reports set up today do not get recognized by the system as such until the nightly update occurs.

>Seems to be fewer people available at a dealership that possess the proper admin access required for setting up reports or reviewing High end information.

5.0/10
Tabitha W.

I love being able to have all my lenders in one place!

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

I couldn't imagine the F&I process without it!

Pros

I love that Dealertrack integrates with my other DMS software and I can seamlessly send apps to all of my chosen lenders. Counter offers are made right there and all within minutes. It shortens the car buying process for customers and F&I.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve when you first start. But the staff is very helpful and will help you get the most out of the system.

Jesse M.

Dealertrack is one of the leading full auto dealer solutions companies.

Reviewed on 2017/12/28

Pros

Uptodate tech. Great source of options. Dealertrack as a company is very productive in their operations.

Cons

Regarding the child company Dealer.com: Customer support has many breaks in communication between support reps and techs. The background coding environment used antiquated code. It takes way to long to resolve minor issues. Promises are often made yet are not fulfilled.

Brienna S.

Dealertrack is a great system for pulling bureaus and accessing lenders!

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

I use this program every day and have been very happy with it. It's especially nice that it has the option to export the contents of the worksheet to other systems I use regularly (ie: dealerpull and walkaway). I am very happy with this program.

Pros

The direct access it gives to multiple lenders.

Cons

Sometimes the deals get stuck between me and another lender and I have to call to get it pushed through.

Eli V.

New DMS, works well

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Pros

Using this DMS software daily has been a little bit of a steep learning curve after so many years with Reynolds & Reynolds but as the time goes on it becomes more and more intuitive on a day to day basis. It seems they continue to run updates and improve the experience as well.

Cons

Would have liked some more in depth training related to those that are computer savvy, there are a number of shortcuts that come in hand that we've had to learn ourselves that make using this DMS worlds more simple. Maybe consider adding this into the training program going forward.

Tanya M.

Efficient

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Pros

What I like most is you can submit credit applications for potential car buys and do all the financing paper work all on the same software.

Cons

What I like least about the software is sometimes it does crash and you have to call technical support.

Linda S.

easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

saves time. availability of finding new lenders

Pros

it sends all the information needed to several financial institutions therefor saving us time and money.

Cons

not all financial institutions are available or integrated with the software . Unable to fax credit applications

Ben R.

Great DMS

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Pros

Easy to use for our business office managers and our office staff. Great program that helps track incentives.

Cons

Cost is a little higher than others but we dont mind paying a little extra to get such a great and easy to use product

DEALERTRACK

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Pros

DEALERTRACK IS VERY USER FRIENDLY AND I LIKE ALL THE REFERENCE MATERIAL AVAILABLE.

Cons

I DO NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT IS SOME REPORTING YOU CAN'T REFERENCE TWO YEARS TOGETHER. YOU HAVE TO PRINT EACH YEAR SEPARATELY.

Clifton E.

Dealer Track is an excellent CRM tool to have when your preparing a new deal for financing structure

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Great for utilizing your customers information for a deal structure, pulling credit and expediting your deal to all the Banks and Credit Unions you use for approvals.

Pros

Cons

Unfortunately, not all Banks or Credit Unions use the Dealer Track platform. And you have to be established with a Bank or Credit Union to expedite a deal to. It would be nice if the system had Financial Institutes on their platform to help out Independent Dealers.

Mostly Happy with Dealer track.

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Our dealership has been using Dealertrack for 6 months after converting from Reynolds and Reynolds. Dealertrack is alot easier and more intuitive. I'm told we are also saving a bunch of money for switching. All features seem to be included, instead of paying for each individual features like Reynolds.

Pros

Easy to use. Has more current features after converting from Reynolds and Reynolds. Way cheaper as well.

Cons

Seems to be lacking some features that are present in other areas of the software. Suggestions need to have at least 50 votes before Dealertrack will even look at it.

Sharon H.

Great way to keep records and inventory easy to access

Reviewed on 2019/07/20

Pros

It communicates well with all platforms of our other software and makes it easy to keep track of records and sales

Cons

It times you out after being dormant for 20 minutes.

Paul R.

Great product!

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

We live it at the dealership

Pros

Easy of use. Simply and easy. I like it because it’s a self taught product.

Cons

Nothing really negative to say. It’s a easy product to use.

Louis I.

Dealertrack update

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

The new update is easy to pull a credit report and customer information.

Cons

Very very difficult for the inventory to be updated and merged with the application.

Cindy S.

Super easy and inexpensive

Reviewed on 2017/04/08

Very robust reporting, customization, and integrates with everything easily. I don't know why dealers always think they have only two options

Pros

Simple to use and train new staff on

Cons

I wish the working area of the screen were bigger and maximized the whole length of your monitor

Debra E.

Where would we be without it?

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

Easy to use how multi abilities to book out, and save inventory works great with DMS

Cons

Just that I cannot integrate with our OEM product (as of yet)

Daniel H.

Cox is making progress

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Pros

Cox is making progress is turning Arkona into a friendlier DMS.

Cons

Its Arkona and it still needs some help, however we can see Cox working on it.

Brian G.

extremely easy to use and very helpful

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

Pros

extremely multi faced many things can be going on at the same time

Cons

I have been using Dealertrack for a while i really like thats dms

Couldn’t live without it

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Pros

Love that all my banks can receive the application with a click

Cons

I love everything about it almost never have any problems

Brandon E.

Expensive but great

Reviewed on 2018/08/14

Pros

Great way to submit and structure deals and easily imports other deals

Cons

Crm is terrible and way over priced, credit pulls too

Chris L.

Dealertrack Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Pros

It makes doing business with my lenders so easy and saves a lot of time.

Cons

Nothing it works great, for what we need.