Domo Reviews

Domo

Connecting people with the data they need to drive business

4.2/5 (135 reviews)
Louis C.

Domo provides our team with an innovative and complete solution to Business Intelligence .

Reviewed on 2018/12/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

After having installed and integrated Domo BI software into our daily business practice, our team has realized a substantial increase in productivity
across our operations spectrum. As we were attempting to investigate alter solutions to our current BI software , we discovered that Domo offered
capabilities which far surpassed our current software BI. The overall result is a new found independence from IT service and entanglement to an extensive
degree.

Pros

Domo software allowed our team to bring together data from our cloud services as well as from our on premise servers. The resulting organization allows ease of access at all times and from this point we can create flow charts as well as whole profiles which we can then access from desktop or mobile
devices. These profiles are aggregated in what they call "cards" ; a rather easily understood and effective mode of communication and presentation.

Cons

There is not much to dislike regarding Domo's BI solution. From Domo's recollection, contextualization , and presentation our team productivity has accelerated
cycles and become much more productive, The only con to relate is is that not all features we wanted to try are available in the introductory trial version
of the software, This condition is not an impediment as the software performs so fluidly that we were happy to extend our confidence to the full version.

Michelle B.

Domo Review

Reviewed on 2017/10/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall we are very happy with the cloud -based BI solution and would recommend it to other companies.

Pros

Beautiful interface and easy to use without any programming or SQL experience. Many important functions (variance calculation) that were missing have been added in the past months.
ETL function makes it easy to combine various datasets from many different sources and many out-of-the-box connectors are already installed and ready to import data (google analytics, shopify, Instagram, Twitter, google sheets etc.).
Reports can be exported into a customized powerpoint presentation with a button click and distributed to the company.
The buzz messenger function allows our company to communicate quickly if there are issues with reports or if we see interesting trends and have questions.
Great app that allows to view charts anywhere.

Cons

Customizable access rights would be beneficial. Currently there are 5 different access rights options.
More flexibility in structuring the page (chart size options) and more color options in reports.
The table format is very basic and needs improvement such as variance calculations and more layout options.
Automatically scheduled reports and alerts can currently only be sent to Domo users with a license.

Mark S.

Business Intelligence Done Right!

Reviewed on 2016/12/05

Our organization implemented DOMO for our business intelligence tool about 6 months ago and we have been very pleased with our experience so far. We now have the ability to see several data sets in one place, which has vastly improved our reporting. DOMO has API's for all of our core applications, which includes Microsoft Dynamics CRM, ClickDimensions marketing platform, Google Adwords, and other SQL-based applications. Although it is expensive, we have experienced a lot of benefits from DOMO.

Pros

DOMO has API's for just about any application out there, so it is very easy to integrate other applications to DOMO. It is fairly easy to build dashboards and connect your data. It doesn't require any advanced coding skills to use. Our data is easily transformed to fit exactly what we need, which has been a significant benefit for our business intelligence.

Cons

DOMO is very costly compared to other business intelligence tools. That is the biggest drawback to DOMO. However, this cost has been worth it for us so far because our reporting has vastly improved.

Susan B.

Domo How Do I Love Thee (A Creative Digital Analyst's Dream Come True)

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

I hate to write a review where I gush about an app because the cynic in all of us is "suspect of that." But honestly this a 100% independent, I-am-just-a-fan kind of review! So there's my disclaimer, here's the review:

Domo is the kind of app that closeted left-brain geeks masquerading as creative right-brain types LOVE to find!

Data is at the heart of showcasing almost anything one might do online these days. And Domo is the app to help you truly "showcase" the numbers, without needing to write a gazillion lines of code in the process.

As a creative marketer with a strong tech bent, I spend countless hours trying to visually show my clients what's what (clients who are rarely numbers savvy, yet always want to see "the numbers"). Domo has proven to be my "go to" place for accomplishing just that. The visualization capabilities are staggering. The ease of incorporating data sources into the platform is ridiculously simple (well, ok, not *ridiculously* simple, but simple enough that I think if you have any interest in data or numbers you could absolutely rock the platform).

Domo is as simple as connecting your data and building a "card" - sort of a mini-dashboard. I use it to create easy to read reports on Analytics and Social for my clients. They love it!

The only limit you may find in the Domo universe is the price point - while basic functions are free and come with a generous 100gb of space, may be a deal breaker for many consultants (as they only offer this as an annual payment option). If Domo would offer a pay by the month option, they would be golden!

Finally, there's Domo for Developers (beta) that allows you to customize just about everything you can think of! What's not to love in that??

The free version comes with 80 data connection options and they offer a trial period (to expand to all 400 data connection options) so give it a whirl, you might like what you find!

Pros

All in one, comprehensive data visualization platform that makes my clients happy! The free features are good enough to give anyone a decent jumpstart on data analysis.

Cons

The pricing structure could be more flexible to allow for independent consultants to utilize the platform with greater ease (and ease SMBs owners into the value of the platform).

Cole G.

The things Domo can do are just astounding

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

We can see analytics we could never see before. We can understand our business in a way we never could before. We honestly don't know what we'd do without Domo at this point. It's fantastic.

Pros

We were originally looking for dashboard software. Something like Geckoboard, but we wanted something more advanced. We were using multiple tools, and wanted to collect data from them.

We then found Domo. Within days we had integrated our CRM database, Website Analytics, Invoicing database, and Order Processing database. This let us take a look at EVERYTHING. And I mean everything. Things like:

What's the average time between receiving a lead and the rep calling them the first time?
What's the average time between a customer ordering, and reordering?
How many calls have my reps made today? (Updated every 15 minutes!)
What landing pages on my website are receiving the most looks?
How are my google analytic campaigns translating into converted customers?

Cons

It's pricey, but worth it. The biggest thing was the last update they had screwed up some of my reports, and we're still trying to figure out what happened.

Tiffany O.

Everything I Need All In One Place!

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

We use Domo to connect the data sets from several different programs into information that can be shared between them through Domo.

Pros

Domo connects the data from all of our different data sources and allows me to put it all on one dashboard page so that I don't have to flip back and forth looking for the information that I need. I love that I can share the access to these dashboards with all of my employees so that they have access to all of the up to date information that they need. I really like that I can take any of the data on a dashboard and Domo will turn it into an excel spreadsheet for me.

Cons

The customer support is a little slow. There is also an occasional lag time between when changes are made to data and when they show up on Domo. It only refreshes about every 15 minutes.

Eric L.

The future of cloud analytics

Reviewed on 2016/05/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Domo's vision of analytics is that data from many SaaS apps can be aggregated, analyzed, and visualized in a single system. It aims to make analytics the new water cooler of company discussion, replacing slack or chatter as the main company chat app. It's visualizations, while less sophisticated than Tableau/Qlik are much easier to create and visually attractive out of the box, and many of the features are copied from best-in-class social apps: From Pinterest, Boards with a scrolling list of pins, from Tumblr the ability to "reblog" or remix individual charts into your own dashboards, and to "follow" specific dashboards, Slack, excellent contextual chat system with alerts and @notifications. Domo also recognizes that analytics requires at least some implementation services to get the data organized and talking to each other and they are ready to provide this (for a fee) for companies that are missing in-house analytics expertise.

Cons

Expensive! There is a significant upfront fee plus large ongoing fees based on the number of users. Domo has set their pricing to be competitive with Tableau/Qlik and current leading analytics packages.

Peter N.

Solves Monday Report Hell

Reviewed on 2017/01/01

Every week we have to present to upper management statistics around the health of our BU including marketing, operations, and finance. In addition to our BI team pulling their hair out on Sunday night and Monday morning, we had 2 interns whose entire job was just to create and maintain these reports and pull this data from different systems. Once we got Domo running and connected to all of our systems (both our own data as well as data from other websites like Google ad spend and Zoho) then not only did we get to have our interns do something valuable but we also weren't waiting until Monday to get insight... we could actually manage our business in something closer to real-time. Seems obvious but without Domo, I don't know how we'd do it.

Pros

Can connect to just about anything.
Collaboration is easy.
Easy enough on mobile that our executive team can use it.

Cons

Had to get a lot of people involved on our side at the beginning to hook up to all of our accounts. Maybe that's inevitable.
Alerting is pretty basic, would like to see more there.

Ben B.

Great for executive high level use

Reviewed on 2016/01/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Their report builders, after a short learning curve, are very powerful for building charts and other high level type reports that executives typically like to see. The charts are attractive and there is also a slideshow function that you can use to put your charts up on a public monitor in your workspace. Pretty slick charts.

Cons

Domo isn't as good as Salesforce or straight database queries for actually manipulating the data. Also, the alerts functionality is weak - not enterprise ready yet. For example, if you want to create an alert to simply email you a report every morning you can't do that. You can only do alert emails based on a data point going above/below a bound, changing in some way, etc. So, no scheduled reports. Also, the integrations with third party software such as Hubspot or Google Analytics is lacking. The Hubspot integration is seriously broken and even though the Google Analytics integration works it's not very customizable or useful.

4.0/10
Dan O.

Executive Friendly. Easy Visual Snapshot of KPIs.

Reviewed on 2018/05/06

Pros

It's a great platform for aggregating, manipulating and displaying a snapshot (or real time view) of your business metrics.

Domo is very executive friendly, and is very visibly pretty.

Beast calculations (effectively functions in the language of MS Excel) and magic transformations provide the ability to manipulate data that has been imported into Domo.

Domo has a wide range of connectors that enable you to pull data into it and produce what they call cards. Cards are effectively presentation displays of data that can be updated automatically with a continuous feed of data.

Cons

Domo lacks some more advanced functionality, such as:

(1) The ability to display on one card, data from more than one date object
(2) Geo-spatial analysis

TableAU, QuickSight by AWS and QGIS offer functionality that may better fit your use case.

7.0/10

Great Price, OK Service

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

This software is mostly easy to use. It's compatible with various sources of information, but I mostly use it to export to the universal format, Excel. Report creation is made easy and as long as you have a business intelligence group or software engineers, you should be fine working through any problems when their server has issues.

Cons

Server issues tend to happen at least once a week. Working with customer service is a huge hassle. I'm not sure if their agents are trained well enough to handle my requests. With all the down time, my team plans around not having access to reports available at least 2-3x a week for a few hours.

7.0/10
James D.

Great program, but worth the price?

Reviewed on 2018/11/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We really love how Domo does just about everything. The way it generates reports is second-to-none, but we really wish that the price point was a little bit lower.

Pros

Domo seems to have everything: you can check the statistics of your business, keep track of memberships, and the ability to check on fundraising. It was a little bit overwhelming when we first tried it out, but once we got the hang of it, we loved it!

Cons

The one big con is the price. Yes, it gives you a lot, but even for the small amount of employees we have, it can be a bit much. We have also experienced some issues due to the latest update, as a few others have, but we hope that will get fixed soon.

6.0/10

Analyzing and understanding data like never before.

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

This product will benefit any company in any space no matter how big or small. The way this product can manipulate data is second to none and the user friendliness for employees to view the built reports are beautiful. We have been able to dive deeper in data with no historical limitations.

Pros

Domo has too many pros to list but the one that stands out above it all is the endless possibilities when reporting. There is no limit to the way you can manipulate data and showcase it in the manner the best suits you.

Cons

I would say the biggest con is the user friendliness of the editing portion of the program. Unless you are an experienced code writer it will be very difficult for the user to do anything in domo besides viewing reports built by more qualified users.

Anne S.

For the data-focused marketer, Domo is as good as it gets! This is the only platform that has been able to combine all of my data sets together, it's a dream.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Domo's ability to connect to ANY data source is extremely valuable for myself and my organization. We have around 15 different data sources (some of them local, not in the cloud) just in digital marketing alone, and with Domo we have been able to string all of those sets of data together for one true view of performance. The reports are visually engaging, and I can build dashboards that are useful for any job role. Prior to Domo, our organization did not have any type of advanced business intelligence reporting. The difference in decision-making is night and day.

Cons

The only thing I can write as a potential "con" is that if you are working with multiple data sets like myself, and do not have deep data experience, it can be difficult to string your data sets together once you bring them in. A working knowledge of data is helpful. I recommend using their implementation hours for this if you don't have someone in your organization with that skill set, the Domo implementation experts know their stuff and can get you set up quickly.

Julie G.

Excellent BI Tool!

Reviewed on 2017/01/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Our organization introduced DOMO into our organization in 2014 and it has been instrumental in making business decisions. The product itself is intuitive, attractive, and robust. There are a number of data sources that already have API links making it easy and seamless to feed data into DOMO from other SaaS products.

Pros

Key Performance Indicators, Mobile App, Alert System when metrics fall below a programmed number, integrated chat about specific cards, and customer support is bar-none! DOMO has made an easy platform to write and edit reports.

Cons

When we went live with DOMO we were not able to fully optimize and leverage the information that the analytics provided due to the software not being HIPAA compliant. However, in recent months DOMO has engaged in a BAA which has allowed us to pull back the proverbial curtain and really dig into our data to influence important changes in our organization.

Jon S.

Domo has it all - but takes an expert

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

Domo has so many bells and whistles that we got overwhelmed. Our end users are still starving for data because it is so complex and sophisticated.

Pros

Domo seemingly has ALL the functionality and features that a great reporting / Business Intelligence software should have. You can take almost any dataset or datasource and manipulate it in Domo to show your results in 1 of 10 billiion ways.
Being on the cloud it is accessible to anyone anywhere.

Cons

Domo reports have started to take a long time to run, so the functionality begins to be lacking and usability suffers. Also, you have to put hundreds of hours into it to become an expert. We tried to distribute report building to our user base, but with no luck.

6.0/10

A Vital Service for Modern Business

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Pros

Domo doesn't do a lot that is brand new, but it does simplify the process of BI and data visualization. It also is a great tool for dataflows. To the level it is implemented into our company, it has become operational to communicate progress on a number of levels in the business. They also have excellent customer support.

Cons

Every once in a while I'll run into a bug that seems relatively obvious. Luckily they're usually addressed at some point.

Bart G.

Large number of connectors. Great sharing capabilities. Unlimited data storage.

Reviewed on 2018/02/20

Pros

Clunky user interface (UI) and esoteric commands. Long learning curve, especially for new analysts/users.

Cons

Domo isn't aimed at newcomers to business intelligence. But for companies with some BI experience on staff, it's a powerful tool with loads of data connectors and decent data visualization capabilities, too.

Kevin G.

Changed the face of BI for our organization

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Quick ability to see daily PKI information, operational stats and ability to check overall business health in a near real time basis.

Pros

The software is easily configurable. Extremely powerful toolset giving us the ability to quickly create cards and expose areas in a real time way that either present challenges or need immediate attention.

Cons

The learning curve can be steep depending on the expertise you have on your team. Though much of this can be overcome through Domo's training offerings.

Richard F.

Domo Helped the Boomers at my Company Value Data

Reviewed on 2017/07/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Data drives a business, bottom line.

Pros

Domo helped us move away from manually compiling reports from various sources and made it a one point solution.

Cons

The baby boomers at my company do not trust this "internet stuff" so adoption has been slow. However they are finally coming around thanks to the power of Domo.

Dillon G.

Metrics and Data Galore!

Reviewed on 2019/01/29
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We now have insight into so many aspects of our metrics. This is great to show our team and others visuals of how we're doing as a team.

Cons

I'd love to see some alternate coloring options. The standard blue used is a bit humdrum at times. Other than that, it's great.

Ezequiel L.

Opened up our communications

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

Thanks to Domo we are able to provide company wide statistics and analysis results through our company without the need to install and maintain expensive software in our team member's stations. Domo has provided us with an innovative and effective way to share.

Pros

No need for extra software.

Cons

Would like to see more features.

Domo is great for internal data reporting

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

it's great for internal use. reporting is an important thing to have perfectly accurate and domo gets us there.

Pros

We use Domo for internal data reporting. After trying just about every competing product we came across Domo. The dynamic software allows data to be presented in any way needed. Complex datasets are easily processed by Domo.

Cons

The complexity of features makes it tough to use. There has to be some training for any new hires but that's to be expected. The pricing for Domo is a little on the high side which could push smaller organizations away from committing.

Domo has greatly helped team productivity.

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Time saving for the team, especially the devs .

Pros

Previously, my team built our own reporting internally. Domo has increased our productivity greatly, freeing up dev time and allowing even with the most basic tech experience to create reports they need on a dime.

Cons

Set up takes awhile and learning the ways of creating data flows and reports. Not super user intuitive until you get the hang of it

Vivek K.

It is a good tool when you have simple Reporting Requirements.

Reviewed on 2017/06/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

one of the best feature is using cloud which gives it more flexibility to access data anywhere. Graphs are easy to build. Data is pushed and retrieved faster.

Cons

It is not at all developer friendly, and it does not provide the details about the error when you build a logic for run time. No Filter saving option on the Cards or on the collection. you need to create new pages or sub pages each time if you have a card or group for same filter condition. Very limited features for Pivot type of reports.

5.0/10