FieldAware

Made-for-mobile field service management

Amy L.

Need to have access to delete customer and other things.

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Pros

Once set up it is easy to use. Easy to enter my jobs I need to. Easy finding the jobs after I enter them.

Cons

We need to be able to delete customers and delete other functions. Either that or have an archive section for them.

Chris K.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Technician feedback immediately in your hands

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

Faster feedback in the digital age

Pros

Field Aware allows for our technicians to quickly relay their feedback to the home office. With the ability to quickly read and reply to their comments the overall efficiency of our service office is greatly improved

Cons

At times it can be unreliable. It also requires a high level of user intelligence. With proper training though these hurdles can be overcome

Hope P.

A field service software with a a large capacity for customization

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

Great looking User Interface. An extensive capability for options to customize. Overall a highly adaptable scheduling software.

Cons

We had some issues with the field crew syncing correctly. At times the program would glitch and close out. Would like to have seen a bit better of a layout on the main dashboard for viewing jobs in the que.

Michael O.

We highly Recommend Fieldaware

Reviewed on 2011/12/13

We're a specialist refrigeration and a/c contractor with 7 engineers in the field doing preventative maintenance and ad hoc service calls.We wanted a field service automation system that was proven in the field, had mobile apps that would work regardless of connectivity, and would allow us to adapt our work order to suit individual client needs without custom development.
Fieldaware ticked all the boxes.We used their free trial and tried the system for 2 weeks before we decided to proceed .
Fieldaware helped us to load all of our data into the system, and with online training we were up and fully functioning within a week.The system has been everything we hoped it would be.
One of our engineers was on a Blackberry, but he got a droid phone and is loving it.
FieldAware helps us make informed decisions about our service business--based on our service business!
I would have no hesitation in recommending FieldAware to another service company.

Pros

Easy to use for both office staff and field engineers.
It has a flexible workorder.
Available anywhere/anytime via browser or smartphones.
Reasonably priced with no upfront costs.

Cons

No blackberry version.

Jeff B.

Dissapointing.....

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

I was a FieldLocate customer for a year. I fulfilled my contract and then decided to go in a different direction.

Pros

Field Locate is relatively easy for a technician to use, has a nice mobile app, and nice reporting features.

Cons

Admin has no mobile option, many steps involved in completing transactions, especially if you need to send pictures with a QuickBooks invoice.

Leah S.
  • Industry: Media Production

FieldAware is amazing!

Reviewed on 2014/09/10

This program has allowed our company to grow. We started out with two employees, 2 years later, we're now eight. The many features of this software allow us to stay on top of all our growing customer lists and increasing work orders in an organized way. It's easy to learn with many advanced features that will help us as we continue to grow. The best thing about FieldAware though is how it continually evolves, in many ways based on our suggestions! The technical help is immediate and effective.

Pros

Simple to learn, always improving.

Cons

No default tax setting, and difficult to carry out some requests with the ipad version.

Juli C.

Company Without A Clue

Reviewed on 2015/07/08

Pros

Nothing. There is no positive with this software. You will be changing, it is just a matter of how long you let yourself be strung along.

Cons

Lack of knowledgeable employees, software does not perform as described, no real tech support, no follow up on issues, ffeels like we are beta testing the software for them, sales and support will not respond to customer email and phone messages when there is an issue, seems to be a "stick my head in the sand and hope they forget my number" attitude, higher management does not care and will not escalate issues either, every "upgrade" breaks other working functions, onboarding is a joke, if they tell you they can sync with QuickBooks, laugh and run! Oh, and get everything in writing even if it was a phone conversation, make them send you an email recap. They will lie and say they didn't agree to things if you don't.

Ben C.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Has this company closed down? No answer from Tech Support, Sales or Accounts....

Reviewed on 2016/09/09

This has gone from bad to worse. Nobody returning phone calls, emails etc. I have even called the Sales dept and can't get through to them either.

Davina F.

FieldAware makes it easy to manage field crews

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

Overall we now easily dispatch field techs, export/import time sheets into our time payroll system, and can locate associates for a more efficient mid-day dispatch.

Pros

FieldAware is visually easy to read, quick to dispatch and the setup and implementation is quick.

Cons

I least like that a team can't see their dispatch and only the Team Lead can see the dispatch. Also, the Team Lead must clock an entire team in. Sometimes team members arrive at different times, and in order for the team to know where they're going they must talk with Team Leads rather than look at their IT equipment.

Bill E.

Meh...I have moved on to another vendor

Reviewed on 2016/07/14

Pros

This product is great for dispatch, but for invoicing it has flaws. I talked to them for help on invoicing and payments and they claimed that their product isn't made for that. But if you look on their website, they claim to have the best thing since sliced bread.

Cons

If you look on their website and talk to them, they will sell you the world. The invoicing is pathetic on this software. That's why I left.

Traver F.

A solid field service customer management software

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

Not a whole lot to share that I didn't above. We have processes to help us keep track of marketing expenses and income, though it's not built into the software itself. We've made it work.

From a day-to-day basis I have no complaints about the software. Things work as they should, and it's easy to figure out what you need to do on your own, so there's no constantly calling support like with some other software we use in the office.

Pros

It's pretty easy to navigate. Jobs are in a nice big list. We've got years and years worth of customers. I've gone through the list many times over organizing and categorizing our customers after I joined our company a year ago. It's easy to sort through the customers with the search feature, and the itemizer allows our techs to better organize our parts cost.

The scheduler itself is really handy and a great way to keep an eye on who is where.

Cons

FieldAware has a lot of features we use, but it's also missing a lot of really crucial features other softwares like Service Titan have. Right now there's no automatic text messaging when a tech is on the way or to send a review link.

If you choose to sign in via the app, you cannot use the desktop. Or so I'm told, haven't tried that personally.

If a technician is assigned as the secondary tech, and not the lead, jobs don't show on their app, so we have to text the assistant techs to tell them where to go.

It's a solid software for it's capabilities, but it's missing a lot of features that we really could use.

John W.
  • Industry: Furniture

Field Aware

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Pros

It has provided the framework to plan our activities from local to national in a scalable fashion.

The ease of data capture from the end user (installer in the field) means that trend analysis provided by the system has helped us cut waste & malpractice from the business saving costs.

Strongly recommend for any business wanting to modernise their processes!

Cons

The road-map process for new feature requests can be vague at times. However, I appreciate that there needs to be a business case and relevance for other business users.

Ben T.

This software has allowed our company to automate all of our process with ease

Reviewed on 2017/06/05

Pros

Its very easy to use both in the office and the field. Training time is very low for my techs. Not too many bugs. The mobile app is super easy to navigate and use

Cons

The mobile web software is not 100% workable in all browsers. This is the only area that needs work. If I am away from my laptop and trying to schedule work for my techs after hours it is not easy for me to use my phone or ipad

Brian K.

Field tech perspective. Limited functionality very quirky.

Reviewed on 2016/10/04

When we first implemented this program we discovered very quickly how limited this program is. Poor integration options. Not modeled to improve field performance in ways you might expect from typical service management software. Mostly just a fancy way to dispatch calls. You can only see 10 previous calls in the history. Syncing is disasterous and cumbersome. It takes a long time between functions to sync which can frustrate a busy facilities manager or store owner trying to get back to work. No internal integration. Information entered into one section of the system does not populate to other parts of the system where it would be helpful. This software is very frustrating to both field and office personnel. From a service tech perspective this program is a hinderance to customer response times and satisfaction.

Pros

It can be deleted.

Cons

It is nothing like presented.

Jennifer S.

Terrible support

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

The software is a good concept, however their support is less than desirable. We have issues that have been unresolved for over a year now

Pros

good concept

Cons

it doesn't work properly and the support is terrible

Thomas K.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Very Basic and not for me.

Reviewed on 2016/07/05

Pros

Dispatch board is great, easy use. Very little training needed to use the product. Easy to see on the screen. The mobile app is very user friendly and works good. The price book is very easy to set up.

Cons

Reporting is very limited, Customer service is quite bad.

Anna W.

Anna from Dog Pros

Reviewed on 2017/01/23

They charge an outrageous amount of money compared to similar products that are far better. My Customer Service rep spent hours on the phone with their techs and none of the problems were ever fixed. In fact, every time they would try to "fix" something, it got worse. They never delivered what was asked of them. When I tried to break the contract, because I was not receiving what was promised, the threatened to sue me! I wasted THOUSANDS of dollars. They are terrible people.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Terrible customer service. Once you sign the contract, they don't care about you anymore.

Gerald H.

You will not go wrong by getting this product!!!

Reviewed on 2013/08/27

I can not give you any cons about this company or product. I have used Field Aware for a year and it has been a great experience. The support staff is amazing... They are willing to help you and your business any way possible to make this product work for your company. The mobility of the product is the very best. I have tried other similar products and nothing comes close. Field Aware is constantly updating there product and providing new solutions that will only help your business grow and make it easier to manage.

Daniel G.

The most complete service management system ever

Reviewed on 2013/10/11

Our experience with FieldAware has been excellent. My only worry with a cloud based system would be the saturation and sudden down times of their servers, but for as long as I have been using FieldAware I have not experienced not even 1 minute of downtime.
I would certainly recommend this system to other companies.

Brian V.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2013/10/15

We have been using Field Aware for 8 months and are very pleased with the software. It is very user friendly and perfect for the field service environment. Constant upgrades/updates are a major plus.

Carolyn M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Not bad for sceduling

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

Pros

Fieldaware is very easy to use. However, we only used it to dispatch work to our mobile techs and that part worked seamless. The techs loved the simplicity of the software.

Cons

It would not communicate with QuickBooks.

Lance E.
  • Industry: Restaurants

FieldAware Product, Services, and Applications

Reviewed on 2014/09/03

We have been in business for over 39 years; before Field Aware, our techs and service agents utilized paper work orders and emails to forward pictures and parts requests.We averaged +300 "paper work orders a week!" In June, 2013, we research numerous companies that offer electronic "paperless" work orders, asset/parts management, invoicing,
job site history, pictures attached to each job, etc. Field Aware was absolutely the best choice among all the companies we spoke to- and the best R.O.I. than any others!

Pros

Excellent Technical Support
Immediate Followup ( since Sept. 2013, the average return call from Field Aware Support was 15 minutes!-)
Program Dept. Outstanding- will help create the system specific to our business
Continuous Upgrading the system

Cons

If parts are requested,and the task is marked, should be able to send email to office- otherwise we have to have someone review all the pending jobs.Make a mistake a "delete" a a job, it is forever lost in the clouds! Business Works compatible>

Shelley P.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

until recent we've had no support

Reviewed on 2017/08/15

unfortunately it doesn't help us do what we would like to do with the report side

Pros

Concept is good ease of access, app appears user friendly for the technicians. requires big changes

Cons

• Reports are not very readable
• Appear too condensed
• Hard to decipher headings from reports.
• The name of the Task needs to perhaps be a different font to the description
Logo appearing Blurry
The reports are printing out with half the task on one page and half the task on another when there are attachments; we need our reports to be more streamlined and clearer for our clients to read. There are too many dark lines, box lines and shaded areas in the reports. Will there be an option for print preview. we don’t have the option to delete a task. How can we or FieldAware staff set up an automatically generated notification email being sent to the administrators (office based) that notifies us when a job has been closed out on the field? There is nothing to advise a job has been completed and ready for invoicing and reporting. When a Job is Completed in the Field it will be synced back to office, but there is no notification feature. Where do you see Add Fields? Additional Fields are Custom Fields which I outlined above. If you are on a Page and see Additional Fields with a White Plus inside a Green Circle, click the Circle to show you all available Additional Fields which can be added to that page. You may not want some Additional Fields to appear for example. What I’m chasing is an area that doesn’t show up on the report where both myself and the techs can write information that is specifically for the tech and the office not the customer. The device fonts don’t appear to be universal either, when I try to change detail in PDF it states the current font is not available. Can you advise on how this can be amended? As the reports don’t look professional with different fonts now.

Keith H.

customer service and customization!

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

At K&E Flatwork we are the largest residential flatwork company in the KC Metro area, and we have a growing commercial presence as well. We use FieldAware to schedule all of our jobs. The desktop web-based app allows me to create and change plans as needed. And the mobile app keep our crew leaders informed about job schedules, addresses, contacts, etc. and allows them to access plans as well as builder and city specs. Finally our accounting office uses the completed job reports to help them bill accurately.

FieldAware has been an extremely stable and reliable platform for us, functioning without fail and providing good standard features. But I am particularly happy with the ability to customize fields. this allows us to use fieldaware for needs that may be specific to our industry or our company.

Finally, I take advantage of the technical support line -- real live people! -- about once per month. I get quick, clear responses from friendly experts.

Recommended!

Pros

Customizable. Stable. Great customer service.

Cons

I'd like more options to control reports and filters.

Steve M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Fieldaware is easy to use

Reviewed on 2015/03/10

Pros

We've been a happy Fieldaware user since 2012. It's easy to use, especially for the remote users, and adaptation for our technicians was a snap. Fieldaware is virtually "bugless" and new releases are filled with enhancements. The best software feature is the tight link between customers and assets (serialized machines in our case). Fieldaware as a company has some of the best tech support and documentation I've ever experienced.

Cons

Fieldaware's reporting features are limited but I'm told a new report writer is coming soon. Also, they consider timekeeping for a "crew" (only one crew member can log time for all members) as a benefit, but we feel it's restrictive and cumbersome.