StyleSeat

Online booking for hair stylists & beauty professionals

4,3
3,8
4,4
4,4
4,2
Eduardo O.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Efficient and functional web system.

Reviewed on 2019/11/28

This tool has accompanied me since my business started, when it was a small undertaking because it provided me with automation in the scheduling of appointments, so it helped me to quickly develop an organized and effective way of working, so my customers are very satisfied with the services provided, should not wait long to be served because thanks to the self-service portal can make reservations online according to the schedule of their preference, however the greatest benefit I got with this tool was the visualization of my work through the gallery, which helped me increase my customer base, in addition to digital marketing promotions on different social networks, have helped me to my work as a stylist is recognized.

Pros

StyleSeat is a web-based solution that allows you to schedule appointments, book online through the self-service portal, manage employees, inventories and payrolls, plus a customer database and billing. An aspect to emphasize of this program is that it offers differences with others available in the market, provides a photo gallery, in which your customers or people who visit your profile, can see part of your work, in addition, has a powerful digital marketing tool that will serve for promotional campaigns, on the other hand, it is very easy to configure and has a configuration wizard and its design is very simple so it facilitates its use. You have an extraordinary quality-price ratio, as it offers a lot of functionality at a modest price.

Cons

Its operation is outstanding, however, I would like the development of a mobile application, as it will facilitate access to this platform.

Charlie J.

Client Fees

Reviewed on 2020/01/22

My overall experience is ok, but it doesn't allow me to add important info about services. My clients are tipping me less because of the booking fees.

Pros

It is user friendly and I am able to set up my services easy with pricing, time frame, and description.

Cons

My clients are complaining about all of the fees that they are being charged and I am getting the backlash.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Maia E.

Pricey

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Overall, initally when I started with Style Seat they were not charging for a basic setup. Now they are and I think $35 a month is a little pricey which is why I went over to 10to8

Pros

I like the whole set up of the software. It is very professional and pretty basice. You can lists tons of services and also can take appointment deposits. You can upload a ton of pictures and they do offer you perks if you are willing to pay for them. Like marketing, spotlighting your business, etc... They also offer you a few tips from time to time.

Cons

What I like the least is the price. I feel that they are expensive for what they are offering. It should not cost as much as they charging in my personal opinion. Because there is definitely similar software that is still be offered free or cost next to nothing.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Stephanie P.
Industry: E-Learning

Styleseat is great

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

I enjoyed the service. I don’t enjoy the fact that people that haven’t received the service are still allowed to review as long as they have booked an appointment. So even if someone’s appointment is canceled they are still allowed to leave a review which led to receiving bad reviews from people that were attacking my business. Ultimately that led me to switch to another platform.

Pros

I love how the customers can leave reviews and the ease of setting up. It’s also aesthetically pleasing.

Cons

I wish I had more options to add add-ons and additional services instead of me having to create a different package for each option.

Henk M.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great user interface for your client!

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

Pros

Extremely convenient for both myself and my client, they can book an appointment and see availability from nearly anywhere their phone, their computer etc. I can see what exactly they need done and make my schedule work better for me so everyone is happy.

Cons

I have almost nothing bad to say about this, besides I wish all my clients would use it exclusively.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Accounting
Company size: Self Employed

Looking for a Stylist? Styleseat has plenty of options no matter where you are.

Reviewed on 2019/12/30

I have set a handful of appointments through StyleSeat, definitely not a bad experience.

Pros

Great way to look up stylists in new areas. I like how you can search different location for stylists and hairstyle types. I love that you can view pictures of the stylists work, and most of their accounts are linked to Facebook or Instagram if you need some more convincing. Email reminders come in handy.

Cons

Doesn't always work, might be a bug. Need to update hairstyle options for we type in what we are looking for (ex: Kinky Twists, Senegalese Twists, Box Braids)

Danieal J.

StyleSeat

Reviewed on 2019/12/27

I'm glad someone created this software. I can view my hairdresser availability and schedule my own appointments. I love that Styleseat sends friendly reminders of appointments.

Pros

This app help me find my current hairdresser. This platform allows you to view the reviews, services, prices, and work of hairdresser near you. Its mobile friendly and sends me my final receipt with the option to tip.

Cons

I wish the services I request to get aligns with the actually services given to ensure I know how much I'm paying ahead of time.

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

I love to book my appointments on here!

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Overall, I highly recommend this site especially if you are looking for a new stylist.

Pros

I love how easy it is to find a stylist and see their prices and availability! I have been using the same girl for years and love being able to get on and book verses trying to get a hold of her on the phone interrupting her day to simply book.

Cons

When I first signed up, for some reason it logged me in as a stylist verses customer and could not figure out why I couldn't see calendars correctly.

Industry: Insurance
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Styleseat review

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Pros

I used to use it as a hairstylist. Now I only use it as a customer. It’s easy to set up a profile and create a menu. Great customer service.

Cons

I stopped using it when Styleseat started charging stylists to use the software. Didn’t feel like it was worth it at the time.

Daizsa J.

Great Marketing tool

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

Style Seat has been the best software for finding me clients. So many people say they found me on style seat!

Pros

I got so many clients from style seat in the first few days of me using it. I noticed, after about a week though, the clients did start to slow down.

Cons

The only thing I really did like was the marketing.

Bri A.

Great System

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Overall my experience with this app has been pretty decent for what I use it for.

Pros

I like the fact that this app is bee users friendly. I am able to store my clients information. And I love the fact that clients are able to leave reviews for my business.

Cons

The only part about this app that I do not like is not being able to take deposits from my clients. For the monthly price of this app I feel like that setting should be offered automatically. It is with other systems that cost less.

Kishasha F.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Review for StyleSeat

Reviewed on 2019/07/28

Pros

What I like the most about SytleSeat is the ease of use. The app is very user-friendly. My hair and makeup stylist uses the application to schedule and pay for appointments. I appreciate that the application stores my credit card information for future appointments. I don't have to worry about forgetting my credit card. The payment is made automatically on the day of the appointment from the stored credit card on the app.

Cons

I don't have any cons on this program. As the end-user, the program works for me. I have also recommended the program to other stylists that I know.

Lateema S.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Styleseat

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Pros

Easy to setup appts
Can make payments
Reviews on stylist
Can find a stylist anywhere

Cons

No problems at all
All good here
Maybe decline fee

Hermana J.
Industry: Hospitality

StyleSeat Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

Great just need more.

Pros

Great everyone knowns about style seats.

Cons

There is really no con. Everything was very easy but limited advertise.

Vanessa S.

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Pros

I love that you get clients by using this service. You are able to look up services in your area. It is definitely a great marketing tool.

Cons

I don't like
That you cant rearrange pictures
They raised the cost from 0 a month to 35t
hat you have to create an acct to see a profile or book with someone
That you have to have add ons as a a service instead of a sub service

Charlisa W.

Styleseat booking

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

It’s the only booking site I use! It’s very effective.

Pros

Fast and reliable booking site for yourself and clients

Cons

A person can book with no money on their card.

Ednifah C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Good booking tool for stylist

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

I love how when I book an appointment with my stylist in NJ, I get friendly emails if I haven’t booked with my stylist in a while. The menu is clear who’s which awesome without having to call the stylist for cost questions!

Pros

I love how I can seatbelt by my city to find a stylist in my area.

Cons

No complaints, booking was made to be easy

Tazania W.

Like the Set up

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/01/08

I like the style seat but it could always be better.

Pros

I like that it does save peoples credit card and that there is a cancellation policy available so you do get something when people try to play with your money

Cons

I didn't like the amount it cost a month I feel like it's too much but you do make the money back depending on how good your business is

Brandi J.

Tricky to use

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Pros

The very easy way to post all of my services

Cons

It was hard to add pictures, some would post but not all. I’m still unsure why

Cindy L.
Industry: Education Management

You can Make a Hair Appointment Anytime!

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Pros

In the age of social media, we browse pics of hairstylists' work at any hour of the day. Then we can follow their link and schedule an appointment with them on StyleSeat at our convenience. I don't have to wait until I have a break in my day to call during business hours.

Cons

I just wish that some of the stylists would provide more pertinent info on their StyleSeat page. Sometimes you still have to contact the salon. But the software is great. Can't complain.

Amaris R.

Easy to work with

Reviewed on 2018/07/23

Organizing my clients

Pros

I love that I can require deposit, it is super easy for my clients to book an appointment, it also gives me the choice of putting pictures which is a great help for my clients. I absolutely love that I can link it to my Instagram or any social media.

Cons

You have to play around with it a bit to learn where everything is, it was a bit hard to find some things but I eventually found it

Kevin T.
Industry: Internet
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Style Seat: was a decent service when it was free.

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

I see that it’s successful for some beauty professionals and then there’s folks like me where it did nothing for me.

Pros

It was fairly straightforward on set up and the free version (which is no longer) had the features I needed.

Cons

Being a hair stylist, I never obtained any new clients, phone calls or email inquires. It’s a pay only service now.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Jessica M.
Industry: Design

I have used Styleseat to schedule several my hair appointments.

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/04/15

Pros

I had a stylist that used Styleseat to schedule all of her appointments and list out all of her services. This platform is fantastic, reliable and also includes reviews for potential clients to read before booking. It's great!

Cons

I haven't come across anything that I haven't liked about this software yet.

Industry: Apparel & Fashion

This platform has become a nightmare

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/10/05

Styleseat is a scam, horrible,.

Pros

It was easy to use, and that is all, I have no other positive. They are thieves.

Cons

I realized they were charging all of my clients just to book, plus a percentage of the credit card sales, plus my monthly fee. So I decided to cancel my account, yet they still allow clients to book, and then chaos, every time I reach out to support they do not get back to me. I am outraged. Terrible customer service, they raking in money on my hard work and ignoring my request to absolutely close my account.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Jimmy D.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

No Customer Service Numbers

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

Pros

Help organize my schedule. It also helped me stay organized.

Cons

It has no customer service number at all if and when you have a problem. Only email.. that’s not always fast enough to solve a problem.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10