Phone.com Reviews

3.9/5 (31 reviews)
Matthew S.

Affordable but buggy

Reviewed on 2019/08/04

Pros

Phone.com does everything I was looking for in a VOIP. As a small business owner, it sure beats having to purchase a stand-alone phone.

Cons

My biggest issue with Phone.com is the app. It's super buggy and slow (unresponsive) to use. Given the affordability of the phone plan, I've decided I can live with the bugs, but they're still a pain.

Response from Phone.com

Thanks for your feedback, Matthew! We are always looking for ways to improve our app to ensure a better mobile experience. Give us a call at 833-782-2355 and let us know what kind of issues you are running into and we will gladly assist you.

7.0/10

phone.com great customer service team

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

I have always had a great experience with every customer service/support rep I have worked with. They will escalate easily if things are not working as you expect and they are cheerful and thoughtful.

Pros

There are a lot of options and the tool is very flexible. If you ever need help their support team is just a live chat away and they are always very helpful and creative. Willing to offer ideas on how to best set up your system to meet your needs.

Cons

It is not easy to figure out on your own. It takes time to understand how all of the settings work and what is the best process for your needs.

Jack G.

Sound Big For Little Money

Reviewed on 2019/08/10

I absolutely loved it except that it doesn't have a google chrome extention which made click-to-call- difficult for me

Pros

State of the art PBX was highly customizable and made our business sound like a fortune 500 company.

Cons

It currently does not have a google chrome extention.

Response from Phone.com

Hello Jack,

Thank you for you feedback!

The google chrome extension for the 'Click to Call' feature is actually something that is in high demand for some of our customers. We have been hard at work getting this implemented and will hopefully be launching this in the near feature!

If you ever need assistance with your account, features, or setup please call (844) 755-8566.

Scott F.

Typical VOIP system

Reviewed on 2018/02/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's your typical VOIP phone system, they have a great android app and do faxing which some companies leave out.

Cons

Wish some more complex features were available or more easily accomplished without having to recreate all of my rules.

Christian F.

THE BEST VOIP PHONE SYSTEM

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Pros

I cant say enough great things. We love how it is over the internet so our phone service can go anywhere. When our office may be closed due to the weather, we can turn our phones on and work from home! They give you the options to set up personal voicemails, greetings and auto attendant menus! SEE WHATS UP WITH PHONE.COM!

Cons

There is absolutely nothing wrong here. There website system is a little tricky to get used if you're not technically literate, but you get the hang of it.

The Phone.com app ticks all the boxes

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/02/09

Phone.com is so easy to use. It was a little tedious to set up, but once it's done, it's done.

I use the app on an iPhone and it looks much like the default call interface, but I would never confuse the two. I appreciate that the design looks nice. It keeps everything tied to my business number, together in one place. My only frame of reference is as an end user; I do not have access to the phone.com web interface so I cannot comment on that. But as a user, it's perfect! Anywhere I happen to be, I know I'll be able to get those important phone calls. And I can easily tell when a call comes through that it's via phone.com.

Pros

The app design (for iPhone) is sleek and consistent with Apple products

Cons

It is sometimes slow to connect calls, annoying at first setup

Andrew T.

Phone.com useful for privacy

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

Phone.com is helpful and I have not had too many problems using it, though I wish the UX was a bit better.

Pros

I like having phone.com because I am able to give clients a phone.com number that is different and distinct from my actual cellphone number.

Cons

The audio transcription of voicemail could use some improvement, as there are inaccuracies. Also, at times it takes a long time to log in and it can be frustrating if you need to access the app quickly.

Chris V.

Dependable, but not the most modern

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

Phone.com works it's that simple. If you need a phone system that gets the job done quietly and reliably, Phone.com will certainly do that. It's affordable, relative to the competition, and can do most things you throw at it.

Cons

Although it has improved marginally since I started using it several years ago, the user interface still largely feels stuck in the early 2000s. This can make certain tasks clunky or hard to accomplish if you aren't used to Phone.com's quirks.

7.0/10

Easy to use, but kept crashing

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

It helped us communicate with our customers.

Pros

I liked that this software allowed us to make and receive calls as well as set up conference lines for customers.

Cons

We had problems with the app crashing mid-call. For awhile it would happen at the same time stamp for every call.

4.0/10
Anna L.

Phone.com is useful, but hard to configure.

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Pros

I like being able to call customers without giving them my cell number. Their app is very easy to use. There are many features available.

Cons

It is hard to navigate. Right now I am trying to figure out why my phone calls are no longer being forwarded to our customer support email. I have not messed with the settings at all and I stopped receiving notifications. There are many things I can't figure out how to do on Phone.com

5.0/10

Easy to set-up, easy to use. Great Business Phone System!!

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Great customer experience - very helpful support team! For small businesses, Phone.com is a professional business phone system that not only saves you money, but lets you work from anywhere on any device.

Pros

Very easy to set up Phone.com services. Works perfectly on my android, Mac, and IP deskphone.

Cons

No complaints so far. It's very intuitive and whenever we had questions, their support team solved our issue without any problems.

Ok online phone service

Reviewed on 2018/03/24

A useful customer support phone number that can be directed to multiple customer support reps on a schedule.

Pros

- Very reliable call quality and service
- All the core features you're looking for when setting up a customer / business phone line.

Cons

- Most functionality is available but it can be very difficult to navigate. They could use a big UX cleanup across most of their website.

Gardner H.

More than doubled their price

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Pros

Worked well for several years, before they changed their plans. Had good phone support when I set up a number of years ago and hassle free service until this past month.

Cons

I received a note stating that "unlimited minutes" didn't really mean that if I looked at the fine print and that I would have to upgrade to a plan that was more than double of what I was paying if I wanted to receive this same level of service I had been receiving for more than two years.

3.0/10

Powerful Cloud Based Phone System at the right price

Reviewed on 2019/04/21

We run our entire telephony on it.

Pros

We compared 5 cloud based phone systems, and trialled one. There were only two possible choices for us, and Phone.com was the best there was. The system treats users more fairly where we can have users without bundles at no cost. There are no issues with international numbers either which are easy to obtain and apply. Finally the call charges are better, with more international landline and mobile minutes included in the bundles.

Cons

The iOS app, really needs attention. It's substandard at the moment.

Dawn L.

Terrible User Interface

Reviewed on 2014/08/27

I initially really liked phone.com for it's flexibility in creating phone tree queues and custom messages. However, their customer "dashboard" is terrible. When I log in (after getting an error message every time) I finally get to the main website sales page - uh, why doesn't it direct me to my dashboard if I'm already a customer? To send a fax or do anything with the system is NOT clear in the least. The first options displayed should be big buttons to 1.Check messages 2.Send a Fax. But instead the big buttons are to view your bill or make a payment. It's not clear where to go to send a fax which the other main reason I got this account. I am a webdesigner and understand User Interface Design. The system sends an email to tell you if and when the fax goes through which is nice. If it fails for some reason you click the button to resend the fax in the email, however, again, another error message about a redirect loop. And after chatting with customer support they said if the resend button doesn't work I have to start over again from scratch. There is no way to log into the account and see the saved fax and resend it. Strange, especially when the email says it will save the fax for 7 days. So I'm not happy at all with the user interface. Too bad because these issues are so unbelievably simple to fix. Oh well, I'll find something better.

Pros

Good custom message creation and phone queue.

Cons

Terrible user interface
No way to resend a fax through the dashboard
Lots of error messages when user their preferred browser (Chrome)
50/50 failure rate on faxes so most have to be sent at least a second time.

Great when it works.

Reviewed on 2019/03/17

Pros

Texting, calling, and separate contact list.

Cons

Caller ID function for incoming doesn't work. Voicemails are usually very delayed.

Great VOIP

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

The pricing is fantastic and support has been very helpful

Cons

The interface can be a little clunky and challenging to figure.

Granville L.

A Great Phone Product

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Overall, a great phone system. Just began using it and very happy.

Pros

AMAZING customer service/support
Easy configuration and sensible flow/interface

Cons

Several of their features are ala carte and require additional payment

Response from Phone.com

Granville, we are pleased to hear about your experience with the setup and support you received from our Phone.com team. We strive to provide the best support for our customers.

If you have additional questions about your account or specific features feel free to reach out to our Channel Partner Program team at 844-465-5262.

Deirdre G.

A Small Business Must

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/01/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Loved that this software allowed us to make and receive calls as well as set up conference calls with customers.

Cons

Crashed a few times. Not sure if it is something that is redundant because it happens. Nothing is entirely foolproof

Scott H.

Unable to port our numbers after 2 months of circling the wagon....

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Pros

The price point & features offered at this price point.

Cons

The porting process has been an absolute nightmare. I've never experienced a company who cares so little about helping it's customers. Customer support simply doesn't seem to care a single bit about the massive inconvenience to our business that this porting delay has caused our business. Absolutely NEVER would have chosen Phone.com had we known the hassle this was going to be. No one in their right mind would rationally choose phone.com. So let this review be your warning. The low price comes with a massive

Response from Phone.com

Thank you for the detailed feedback Scott. I would like to apologize for the experience that you have had in the first few months of service with Phone.com. We will be having a Manager reach out to you for further follow up and hopefully reach a resolution for this issue.

0.0/10
Salah M.

about phone

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Pros

i like most about this software is it dope

Cons

you can at least get a brand new phone just take the survey

Sarah T.

Phone.com

Used Daily for Free Trial

MY BUSINESS RAN SMOOTHLY HAD NO COMPLAINT WITH THEIR SERVICES

Pros

IT HAS DIALPAD FEATURES THAT REQIRES LOW

Cons

NOTHING. EVERYTHING CHECK OUT I WAS ABLE

Hunter digital

Very Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2014/01/16

I've been a VoIP customer for the last 10 years and can't image using anything else. I've used 8x8 and Ooma in the past, but 8x8 is expensive and Ooma isn't really business VoiP. Phone.com was the best choice for my lastest company. They have great prices, excellent support and all the features that I need for my business.

Pros

Price, Support, Features, No Extra Charges for Toll-Free, Unlimited Extensions.

Cons

Signup was a bit confusing

Christian S.

Who's calling?

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

It's okay. But I would prefer to go back to Grasshopper, even if phone.com looks nicer and is easier to use.

Pros

I think the app is well laid out and easy to use. It's faster and better than Grasshopper

Cons

The worst thing about phone.com is that it does not show when someone is calling my phone.com number so calls all show up as normal calls. I am the type of person who does not answer calls I don't know so this is a very annoying thing about phone.com.

5.0/10

Phone.com is the best solution for my small business collaborations

Reviewed on 2018/12/25

Pros

I started to use Phone.com some months ago with my partner. It is really effective to increase sales and empower partnership. Its low price and multiple features make me get efficient results through working with Phone.com.

Cons

Customer service can be improved and reach its highest level in Phone.com, because the emails must be replied as operatively as possible.