Decent tool to measure website performance

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

If you have the budget for it, it's a great solution to track website performance and receive timely alerts.

Pros

What makes this tool stand out from other ones out there is that it provides an easy way to monitor website performance and get alerts.

Cons

It may take some time to get used to the tool itself. Plus, the price can be a big con if you're looking for something inexpensive.

Monitor your application servers

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Pros

with Pingdom, we are monitoring our applications running on the production, and demo servers. It has multiple features that resulted in choosing this tool.

Cons

it requires a little digging to get the most out of the tool.

Yaniv V.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great website-monitoring product

Reviewed on 2021/03/31

This software helps me be alerted in case some of our domains are suffering from constant instability

Pros

The software is very intuitive for first setup and "maintenance". In addition, going over the gathered data is simple and you can see the status "in a glance". The integration with Slack is also great.

Cons

For a simple URL-pings monitoring - I don't see any disadvantage with this product. Maybe it's less suitable if you need more complex monitoring.

Daniel H.
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Monitor Uptime - Helps improve customer experience and sentiment

Reviewed on 2019/04/20

It has helped us detect and resolve outages before clients even noticed there was a problem!

Pros

Track and monitor update for web base applications. Pingdom can alert you moments after your website/software platform becomes unresponsive. The best part is that Pingdom can send you text messages when an outage is detected.

Cons

When our company made some internal changes we set up a new Pingdom account and for some unknown reason the system triggered false positives saying one of our sites was down, when in fact it was up and working normally.

The funny thing is that this problem didn't exist on our old Pingdom account

Debjit B.

Get alert if your site goes down immediately, with Pingdom monitoring service.

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

I am daily using it to see my website workes ok. It will give me a total detail report of when it went down, when it came back online and how it is performing. it also helps me to fix pages content with their page tool. If their price suits you, it is a great tool, even their free plan is awesome.

Pros

Pingdom will help you to monitor your website and keep track of when it goes down. You can set the interval when to check your website. You can see details report of delay from many servers. It will send you mail/SMS when the site goes down so you can take a look at what happens.
I love to the page speed tool, which shows how can I improve my page speed and finetune with the server.

Cons

Price is a little expensive for these tools. Sometimes gives a false alert when comparing with other. Sometimes it fails to check downtime, which happens once a week or two.

Great alerting system to stay on top of what you need tracked.

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

We were able to keep our team updated on the daily metrics we needed.

Pros

It allows you to keep your team in the loop about the more admin-related stuff that would normally be harder to understand.

Cons

It takes a lot of getting used to and is not so simple to set it up in the first place - you got to struggle a little first.

I love pingdom, I just have a hard time paying their price point

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Pros

Pingdom is the best, quickest, easiest to use and from what I can tell the best designed in it's class.

Cons

My only issue with Pingdom has always been the cost. It was always too excessive for me to use since I monitor hundreds of sites.

Tony C.

Pingdom Is Like an XRay into Your Site

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

I recommend Pingdom for new web site owners for monitoring their web site speed. It worked well for me at the free level, but I'm not seeing the value for the higher tiers.

Pros

I like that I can see the "waterfall" view of my site, which helps me to determine what elements are causing my page to load slowly. It does work and it works reliably.

Cons

I'm not happy that Pingdom's lowest tier runs about $45/month. There are many other vendors doing similar monitoring who charge less. I have an account on a competitor and pay under $50 for an entire year.

Reliable and affordable site monitoring tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Pros

This software saved us many times when we launched our new site.

Cons

A bit complicated to set up but well worth it.

Rolly C.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Good testing performance website tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

I use this tool to performance test and make some reports with the results.

Pros

What I like the most is that I can select the server from where I want to do the performance test.

Cons

It doesn't give much information about some errors or items to be optimized.

Luis R.

Easy server monitoring for CEOs or not-full-time sysadmins

Reviewed on 2017/02/27

In my startup, one of my partners has a small hosting company and deals with servers and infrastructure, but as a technical-but-not-full-time-sysadmin startup founder, Pingdom gives the easy, basic monitoring I just need to know if things are not going the right way.

Nikolay V.

it's ok-ish

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

1. We monitor many of their nodes not working for at least 5-10 mins/day which provides many false positives
2. The few time we needed tech support answers were slow and they did not provide proper answers/solutions to the issues we had (broken dashboards, missing checks etc)

Jonathan P.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Great service for monitoring site speed and downtime

Reviewed on 2018/05/28

Pros

We love the fact that we can set up instant email alerts if any of our sites experience downtime. The site speed function is quite useful too when it comes to optimising sites and their load time.

Cons

It's not the cheapest service which could put some people off, but it really is worth the money in our view.

Nigel masimba R.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

An All-In-One Website Performance Suite

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

I started out using the free Pingdom website speed test tool before signing up to use the full kit of Pingdom tools. I use Pingdom to monitor website performance and uptime.

Pros

It works with my favorite content management system.
Easy to set up compared to some web performance tracking tools.
There is a WordPress plugin to add the Pingdom code snippet which may be useful for less technical users.

Cons

If you are using other tools similar to Pingdom you may need to choose between them and Pingdom to avoid having too many code snippets installed which could reduce website performance.

Ernesto enrique F.
  • Industry: Human Resources

A must have in web development

Reviewed on 2018/12/29

With Pingdom I have greatly improved the loading speed of my websites, presenting products that load really fast and improving SEO.

Pros

Pingdom is one of those applications that you should keep in mind when developing websites. You can get a full report on the errors found on your page and dozens of useful tips to improve the loading speed. What I like the most is that it not only tells you what mistakes you have, but how you can improve them. You can also schedule the analyzes and obtain a report on how your website works during the days. Even in its free version it allows you to do so, with the limitation of only one site per account.

Cons

I can only complain about the way they present errors, a little more order would not be wrong.

Pingdom help maintain websites

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pingdom has saved me many hours of troubleshooting websites and time is important.

Pros

I love being able to see at a quick scan what elements on specific pages can cause for example loading issues. This allows me to see dead links or even things I may need to optimize to decrease page load times.

Cons

I wish it had the ability to tell you in html/css what elements on the page the items came from.

Jason K.

Easy to use and provides good data over time

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

Pros

The ability to setup alerts and see historical data of the uptime of our websites. It allows us to know when our website is down before our customers yell at us.

Cons

This software does exactly what it needs to do but nothing more. It is a fairly narrow purpose but useful.

Fast efficient but costly site monitoring software

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Pros

Does a lot. Site monitoring, real-time visitor analytics, page speed and more. A full-featured software

Cons

Pingdom is too expensive. There are other services out there that will do basic uptime monitoring for free and page speed testing for free too. I don't believe the feature set is worth the cost.

• Used Other for Free Trial

Solid software, but there are cheaper solutions that do the same thing.

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

Pros

The software works well. You give Pingdom the details and it'll do its job and notify you if there's downtime.

Cons

They charge way too much. I'm using a competitor product that does the same thing for 50% less.

Stefano P.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Best way to monitor the status of your websites

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Pros

Easy and straightforward to set up, in the same subscription you have everything you need to monitor your websites

Cons

I would improve the Status Page in order to have more customization.

Jason B.

Awesome tool for keeping your host motivated

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

Pingdom was often a lifesaver for me. I would be notified before my web host even knew there was an issue and that allowed me to stay on top of website downtime.

When you're managing several sites and they all go offline though ... The SMS notifications can get tiresome. Still, they keep you motivated.

Jacob K.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Best website monitoring and speed test tool out there

Reviewed on 2017/08/14

Pros

I've been using buffer to test website load times and the results provided by pingdom is the most accurate ones i've ever come across.

Cons

There should be more test locations to choose from. Currently, there are only 4 test locations and that doesn't really make the tool comprehensive enough.

N. a. L.

Easy to use and great for keeping track of website crashes

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

I have used this program for years, going back to when I was employed by a web design and hosting company. It's a relatively simple app, to the point that just about anyone can use it. I have used it to gain analytics on website traffic as well as determine the reasons for crashes or point developers and engineers in the right direction.

Cons

I find it difficult to actually find any cons with this product as it does exactly what it says on the tin. The only disadvantage is that the discounted prices only come when you pay upfront rather than monthly.

Mehak A.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Very useful tool to keep your website fast and always available.

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

The use of this tool was limited to the downtime alerts and error logs and the service provided was almost perfect for us. Timely alerts for error saved us from many bad situations we could have ended in if it went undetected.

Pros

It's a very easy to integrate tool that provides information about the load time of the webpage and alerts of downtime of the application. It provides the full report of the errors on the managed pages. The integration of Pingdom alerts on slack proves to be very useful.

Cons

As for the functionality, it has no such drawbacks but the price of the tool is a bit on the higher side. Its competitors provide almost the same functionality at a much lower price.

Using pingdom on daily basis for monitoring APIs and hosts latency and uptimes.

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

Reliable , detection is immediately.
Allows to configure the checks according to the request/response needed.

Cons

Root cause reports are sometimes poor and don't provide the needed information.
No special improvements in the past 2 years.
Recurring alerts don't get automatic detection as known issue and it cause harressing messages until issue resolved.