Google Calendar Reviews

Google Calendar

4.8 (3,161)
Write a Review!
Web-based time management & calendar application

(3,161)

Karen
  • Industry: Accounting

My Life Planner

Reviewed on 2022/06/27

I have been using google calendar for planning appointments and training for my business. Google Calendar has been the only app that syncs to all the software that I use, and that has helped me avoid double-booking meetings with my clients across multiple platforms. I also used this for personal scheduling, I have a shared calendar with family members where we plan activities and events together.

Pros

Google Calendar integrates with most of the apps I currently use. I manage all my appointment in Upwork, Calendly and personal appointments. I have shared calendars with my team, my clients and family members.

Cons

Google calendar sometimes does not sync fully on my iPhone's calendar.

Praveen
Praveen

Google Calendar is going to soon make Calendly and others run for their money

Reviewed on 2022/08/09

Overall I had great experience with Google Cal. I use many calendars public/private for various use cases such as - Work, Family, Birthday Reminder, Study, Sycned Todoist Calendar and more calendars.

Pros

Google's new Appointment Schedule feature is ready to start competing with paid calendar alternatives. Love Public/private calendar feature, integration of Events, Tasks & Appointments in one single Google Cal app, Love that free version is powerful enough and love that with paid google workspace plan we are getting so many other benefits apart from new Appointment Schedule feature.

Cons

No Event scheduling feature where you can ask audience to suggest and upvote a common time. No list view like BusyCal which allows you to list calendar events and search them quickly.

Book Like A Boss

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

Now that Google supports the Appointment Schedule feature as part of Google Workplace plans I don't need to use and deal with Book Like A Boss UI/UX.
Amanda

Google Calendar--valuable business tool

Reviewed on 2024/05/07

Pros

It syncs with many different platforms. For example, it's easy to integrate with Zoom to set up online meetings.

Cons

I can't think of anything. I've been very happy with Google Calendar.

Lotte
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Inexpesive Calendar for Embryonic stage Companies

Reviewed on 2022/05/14

Google Calendars are really worth it when there is no real budget for your company and if you are having a startup. Also, the features that come with Google Calendar are massive; however, when you are moving ahead and need to handle various complex tasks, meeting and etc, you need to think twice about whether this app to stick or not because in the real cooperative world clients have some kind of a hesitation when it come to connecting through Google related platforms. Ultimately if you do not have a google account then things are much more complicated.

Pros

The ultimate good thing about this Calendar is, that you do not need to worry about your departmental budget as it can deliver a solid output in terms of calendar tasks, events, and reminders for a small price. Another great feature of this application is you get many addons with a calendar, for example, whiteboard/google meets and many other google related tools and to have an effective calendar session.

Cons

One of the biggest issues we experienced was problems with syncing with other calendars. You need to be smart and have great technical skills to perform this, as this is to be done with many clicks. Also, this is not a great mobile-friendly.

Maribel
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2024/02/21

Overall it's a good product and I will continue to use it.

Overall it's a good product and I will continue to use it.

Pros

This is an easy-to-use calendar that allows me to sync multiple tasks and calendars to one spot.

Cons

Sometimes it's a little cumbersome to use. Having to fill out all the details. That is because I need to add additional notes and details.

HoneyBook, Calendly and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

I use it in conjunction with the other products.
Allen
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

The standard all other calendars are measured by

Reviewed on 2024/05/03

Pros

It's extremely easy to use and set up. It syncs really well with 3rd party apps, both calendar & scheduling apps.

Cons

I don't always like that it's scraping my information for Google's purposes, or that events in Gmail automatically move to my calendar. (Not every event in Gmail should be on my calendar)

Eva
  • Industry: Accounting

Organizes my whole life!

Reviewed on 2024/04/19

Pros

Google Calendar is such an integral part of my business! I use it organize tasks, to dos, meetings, and availability. It allows for me to prioritize the things that I need to be each day.

Cons

I love Google Calendar exactly how it is, it is a perfect fit!

Jonathan
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

This is the only Calendar I use

Reviewed on 2024/05/02

Perfection with scheduling and appointment setting.

Perfection with scheduling and appointment setting.

Pros

I love how I can sync it with my email & will my wife over multiple devices & platforms

Cons

There is nothing not to like after 9+ years of using it I have nothing negative to say about it.

Jessica

From far the best I have used

Reviewed on 2024/05/03

Pros

I really like the google suite, no matter what the tool is. Google calendar is no exception, it is easy and very intuitive.

Cons

Nothing that I dislike in particular with Google Calendar, I am overall satisfied.

Rob
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great Cheap Method for Scheduling

Reviewed on 2024/04/22

Pros

Easy to use and connects to GMail for simple meeting setup. Great to align on multiple user availability.

Cons

I don't like how it defaults to Google Meetup Meetings. I'd like to default it to Zoom.

Ronny

An Any-Business-Must-Have Calendar

Reviewed on 2021/07/27

Google Calendar has almost always been my go-to calendar for years for personal events, and it quickly became a crucial part of my business as well as some of the business that I've worked at. The fact that you can easily sync between devices (mobile and desktop devices) makes it golden.

Pros

Google Calendar can be completely free to use, or can come with their pay-for plans including Google Workspace. It's very quick, syncs faster than most Microsoft Exchange systems, and is very versatile whereas it works on Android devices, iOS devices, and more.

Cons

It can get a little overwhelming when it comes to finding certain features for each calendar entry. When you create a calendar entry, there are some options for the entry that are hidden by default. This is in both the Quick Entry mode as well as in the calendar entry itself.

Calendly and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Choosing Google Calendar

After using it for personal use and seeing what was being used in the commercial market (Exchange, etc.), I found Google not only easy to use and fast (not only to make entries, but to also learn and sync between devices), I also found it invaluable for most things I do. The one thing I cannot live without is its ability to sync between different devices.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

Standard Google Calendar is free and easy to use out of the box which makes it a great product up front for any personal and/or business use.
Farrah-Marie
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Single calendar for all your needs

Reviewed on 2021/12/03

Google Calendar has changed the way we do business in our office and across our organization. This has helped us to increase efficiency in planning and improved how comfortable employees are with technology. Even those who were late adopters (because of resistance to integration of technology) have found Google Calendar easy to use and helpful in managing different parts of their work flow.

Pros

Google has made it so easy to manage even the busiest calendars. The share feature allows multiple people to have simultaneous access, which is convenient now even more than before with team members working from a variety of locations. Changes to the calendar are done in real time, so there is little to no delay in being able to schedule and confirm appointments. With so many videoconferencing meetings nowadays, the ability to invite multiple people via Google Calendar makes it easy for the scheduler, but also easy for the recipients who see it on their calendar and can visually see if there are any conflicts before deciding to accept or decline the invite. The description and location fields within the calendar provide additional details to all be in a single invite, so no more frantically looking through emails for sign-on information.

Cons

I appreciate the colors to differentiate between the various types of appointments. It would be great if users had the ability to color code based on their distinct needs, which aren't always linked to the type of appointment category they fall in.

Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

Our organization already uses other Google products, so it made sense to stick with the Google suite of products. Additionally, Google provides flexibility to bring in appointments from a variety of platforms that Calendly didn't offer at the time we were researching and evaluating different products.
Leng

Still loving Google Calendar!

Reviewed on 2022/05/13

My overall experience is awesome! I try to use all the capabilities and features that comes with calendar. I code all my calendars with different colors, I use all the fields when creating events that might help me remember details of what I need to do.

Pros

In general I am a big fan of Google accounts and all the products that come with them. I love how Google Calendar help me stay organized for my private and professional life. I like the fact that I can have different calendars and turn them off an on whenever I need. I like the reminders and how they can be customized. The flexibility of giving access to different people and also a different role. So many things that I love, but I cannot left out the fact that both the mobile app and the computer one are both easy to deploy, manage and check.

Cons

I don't have many complaints about it. Something that bother me though s when I am scheduling an event and sometimes I have some trouble for Google calendar to automatically recognize email addresses that I use frequently. I don't know why this happens, it's not all the time, but it's annoying to be looking for those email addresses in my gmail.

Jill

Amazing Calendar and Scheduling Software - Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 2022/09/07

Google Calendar replaced our outdated paper calendar system years ago, and we've been happy users both personally and professionally for over 15 years. I highly recommend Google Calendar to other users, especially Outlook folks who are still stuck accessing their calendar from desktop machines only. It's time to make the switch.

Pros

Google Calendar is our company's go-to calendar software, and my personal as well. From visibility of scheduling, to integrating with other calendars, to sharing and scheduling events together, Google Calendar is top notch. I personally integrate my business and personal calendars on the same view, and use the reminders feature as a running to-do list of all I need to accomplish in running both my personal and professional life. I can integrate/share calendars with my employees or family. I can also import and export calendars from other applications, such as our reservation system, which is really helpful for our staff.

Cons

I have no complaints at all - just the irony of having too many events on my calendar, but I'm very grateful that Google is able to track and maintain my complicated life for me.

Courtney
  • Industry: Design

The BEST tool for a successful company!

Reviewed on 2023/07/26

The most efficient and effortless calendar keeper. It's great! If you're not using it, make the switch now!

Pros

Google calendar is a platform I use daily (weekdays + weekends). It helps to hold everything together for me both personally and professionally. I use it to keep my day running smoothly and efficiently, as well as schedule meetings with colleagues and clients. I love the reminders and ability to share calendars among coworkers, friends and family. I wouldn't want to use any other platform for my calendar.

Cons

There is not one con I can think of with this platform, it truly is so easy to use and everything I would ever want from a calendar.

Siokas
Siokas

A practical calendar to integrate in you personal and professional life

Reviewed on 2023/05/24

It is a great free product and It is a good start for someone who wants to start organising their life simple and fast.

Pros

It connects with the gmail account and can be easily integrated with other programs if necessary.

Cons

It does not have a lot of functions in comparison with other products available. Also, it has not show any new features for quite a long time.

Teri

Google Calendar LOVER

Reviewed on 2023/05/22

The absolute best

The absolute best

Pros

Like I’ve shared, I was a sticky note girl. Then I’d beat my head on my desk when I FORGOT to look at a note and I’d be late for an appointment, late to a call, forget something, etc…..Google Calendar is the FIRST AND ONLY Online (or paper/physical) Calendar/Planner that I have used AND have continued to use for my daily business and life needs. It is my All-In-One time AND stress saver!!

Cons

I can honestly say that I have not found anything with Google Calendar that I don’t like. It has been a great blessing to me.

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

It’s extremely simplified and just very user friendly.
Grace

Absolutely essential!!

Reviewed on 2022/09/13

A free, lightweight, clever Google app that can be used as one of the ultimate organization / productivity tools

Pros

It's free, and it gets better and better. There's lots of clever functionalities included. I am 100% dependent on Calendar + Calendly to keep my life organized.

The Google Calendar app on Android allows easy one-glance viewing across multiple Google account calendars as well as multiple calendars associated with a single Google account.

Cons

The vulnerability of having all Google apps and accounts linked, and possible privacy issues at having your whole life on Google apps. It's both useful and rather creepy how events are plucked from Gmail and added automatically to my calendar.

Wish the Android app has text formatting options like bold/bullets etc for the event description, similar to the desktop version. It's fine if that's a low priority but I really dislike that the text formatting done in desktop is removed if the event is edited on the phone app.

Also wish it has a more refined way to auto accept/decline event invitations by default based on the sender.

That said, I'd say these cons knock off just 1 point out of 100 points I'd award Google Calendar.

Sabharish
Sabharish
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Simple and smart calendar that allows you to be more productive and efficient!

Reviewed on 2020/11/08

My overall experience with Google Calendars is still positive. It is what I use for my everyday tasks and event management. I guess it doesn't need to be all that complex and fancy. It serves a simple purpose in my opinion and serves it well. Gives me notifications and reminders at the right times. I love changing between the day/week/month views as well when I need it to either get a detailed view of a specific day or the snapshot for that month. It is free and I will continue using it as before but would love to see some more enhancements in the future.

Pros

The simplicity of use about this software is what I like most about it. Definitely the brand behind this software product is a well known one, Google. I love the compatibility across other Google Suite apps and the integrations available. I love when it reads appointments from my email and automatically schedules events and reminders using the same. I have made flight and hotel reservations in the past and Google Calendar has automatically put them on there for me which I find very valuable. It works with Google Assistant so I can also use voice commands to interact with my calendar. The functions are limited here but still useful. I love the ability to customize each event being able it give it a title, date and time, recurring series, reminders via notification or email, adding location, description and even attachments. I almost always make use of all of these fields as it helps me stay super organized.

Cons

The overall functionality is still limited compared to its counterparts like the Microsoft Outlook Calendar which offers a breadth of features. You can't set high or low priority events in Google Calendar. Neither can you create your own categories or labels and attach them to different types of events, tasks, notes or reminders. Sharing is also not very effective. I have tried to create events for my friends together and shared with them but unless they have a Google account, there are many compatibility issues. The time zone also is slightly inaccurate sometimes. It doesn't reflect it accurately nor does it make the needed updates.

Sandra
  • Industry: Medical Practice

A must have for everyone

Reviewed on 2022/09/06

Thanks to Google Calendar I can check everyones availability and know I never over schedule my time or those of others in which I work closely with and saves valuable time.I have reminders set up to give me a day or an hour reminder so I am not late for anything and I am able to import or export events sso I am giving others a notice as well.To sum thing up I would be lost with my Goggle Calendars,it is so valuable to my work and homelife.

Pros

I love Google Calendar,its so easy to use and I can log into it from whatever devise I am using.I have to keep a few calendars for my family and worklife and this does the jpb perfectly, because it make organizing very easy.I have one for my work schedule and one for my appointments and husbands and I open it up every morning to get a look at my day so I do not miss anything anyone has going on throughout the day.It integrates very well with my Gmail and all my contacts and he as well can look into it and see what I have going on before he sets an appointment.It simplifies my life day after day and you can set up alerts for yourself as well,which I finds it to be wonderful.

Cons

There are not to many drawbacks with Goggle Calendar except is is lacking in features and design but not enough to be ignored.It can be a bit tricky if you are working with to may appointments because It is hard to read,Thats why I keep them on seperate .Another drawback is if you do not want someone seeing your secondary Calendar,that can be a problem because if they have access to one they can see both,so If sharing becareful of what you are sharing.

Devis
Devis
  • Industry: Insurance

private and professional time manager

Reviewed on 2022/09/07

I can view my personal and private schedule along with my work schedule, or I can view only one of them, but still I have everything under control and I can tell you in a second if I am free for you!
I can see co-workers' agendas and we can schedule each other's appointments in the free slots (you decide whether to allow this option).
It integrates seamlessly with Calendly and Tidycal, look them up on Capterra if you are a professional with a website or social page.
I use the android app "businesscalendar" synchronized from google calendar, it is drag & drop, easy and better than the google one, quasti two tools change your life

Pros

-practical
-fast
-always with me on the phone
-have both private appointments and work
-connects with everything! other apps, other people, etc.
-free but indispensable
-with the search function I can look up a name and check when I last met him (or how many times, and I probably noted something about him in that meeting in my calendar, very useful to have this data in seconds)

Cons

the google calendar app has never had a very practical interface, at least for me who keeps an eye on the whole week in one screen with my calendars (one personal and one work) and that of othereseternal collaborators.
the agenda update time when you first share the agenda with a new contributor, you think it takes 5 minutes and ready! instead it takes a few more minutes... at least...
but only the first time.
If you change collaborators often keep in mind that they will not be up and running in 5 minutes on your agenda the first time

Ron

Great for Organizations

Reviewed on 2021/03/25

Essential to my workflow and daily life at my job. Integrates easily with everyones calendars and allows me to plug in third party calendar apps that are slightly better into this so I can update more easily.

Pros

Google makes it easy to find open events for people's calendars. Need to schedule a meeting with someone? Add them to the meeting invite first and click "find available meeting times" -- instantly shown when you can meet. No back and forth meeting scheduling. In the virtual world, it allows Google Meet invites by default and have also allowed Zoom plugin to schedule meetings with links from the get go. You can publish a calendar to the web, great for publishing an organizations events in the platform you already use to schedule your day.

Cons

One big thing that I do not like, that I was excited about what the "meeting block" feature. You can let people schedule blocks of time on your calendar and say from 11am-12pm open up 15 minute blocks or whatever that someone can sign up to meet with me. This is great, in theory, until it DOES NOT block out those blocks if you do slate something there and will allow you to get doulbe booked. The logic behind that is beyond me, and has put me into scramble mode to reschedule a meeting someone signed up for because the site was not smart enough to see something else was already booked. Unfortunate and not like other services that will stop you from booking on conflicts.

Arun Sarathy
Arun Sarathy

My Goto Calendar (Simple but effective)

Reviewed on 2022/09/16

Overall, Microsoft Outlook is my 'official' calendar that I use at my work (office), and Google Calendar covers up everything else - my personal commitments, my personal projects, appointments, scheduling personal chores, and focus time.

Pros

This is hands-down, a simple calendar that I fall back on after testing other calendars. So far, this is my 2nd best (after Microsoft Outlook) calendar. Google Calendar has very good keyboard shortcuts and does a good job of syncing with my other accounts that can integrate with it.

Cons

Outlook is #1 in my opinion in its efficiency and effectiveness when it comes to doing everything that surrounds a calendar for productivity. Google calendar's top-most 'cons' in my opinion is its not great when it comes to sending reminder notifications on my browser or mobile. It doesn't work all the time - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. This is one BIG pet peeve I have on Google Calendar.

Microsoft Outlook
Gayle
Gayle
  • Industry: Consumer Services

GOOGLE Calendar is One of the Best Calendars I've Used

Reviewed on 2023/07/30

I have nothing but great things to say about the application. I would love for the notification to ring or vibrate when more than one event is scheduled for a time block unless it is a notification for something like a holiday or bill due if it is a physical event I think we need prior notification bells. Other than that I love and really enjoy this convenient application.

Pros

IT'S FREE!! I enjoy the fact that it keeps track of my schedule, birthdays, bills due, events holidays, and reminders it literally keeps track of everything without me doing it myself. It syncs well with my Google Assistant and it works seamlessly through all devices in real-time. It even captures meeting times from emails I receive without me physically having to add them. I couldn't be happier.

Cons

I have been in a position where I have actually booked more than one meeting at the same time because I was not notified that I already had a meeting scheduled based on Google Calendar capturing the time from an email I received before I could even read the email. If there was a notification that let me know I already had something booked for the same time slot I would have adjusted the scheduling of the meeting accordingly.

Amy

Everything you need at a great price!

Reviewed on 2022/09/06

Multi-tasking is essential during my workday. Without having Google Calendar to keep me organized and on-time to appointments, I would be lost. I have full confidence that once I put a meeting in my calendar, that it will remind me of this commitment in the morning of the meeting as well as 30 minutes prior to the meeting. It helps me be a person that others can depend upon and trust!

Pros

Google Calendar is a very user-friendly system that helps to keep you organized and on-time for all appointments and meetings. Once an engagement is in Google calendar, you can move on to other things in your day because you will have confidence that the system will remind you of the meeting when the time comes. I like that there is a space that I can cut and paste login information to make Zoom meetings a breeze. I do not think I could work stress-free without this calendar system!

Cons

The system is effective, reliable, and very easy to use. I cannot think of a way to improve anything!