Google Calendar Reviews

Google Calendar

4,8 (3 123)
Web-based time management & calendar application

(3 123)

Jeanette
Jeanette

Google Calendar is easy peasy!

Reviewed on 2022/05/12

EXCELLENT! Google Calendar syncs across all my devices: laptop, Google Pixel smart phone, Google Home - I can ask the Google Assistant what's happening next and it will share my schedule with me!

Pros

I have the free version for my personal calendar and the paid Google Workspace version for my business with HIPAA compliance. I love that I can sync both calendars and that my HIPAA compliant appointments show up as "busy" on my personal calendar. I also love that both my personal and business calendars sync with my Go Highlevel marketing calendar and EMR so that clients can't double-book their appointments when they schedule online. Appointment reminders keep me moving from appointment to appointment without delay. Google Tasks allows me to prioritize my To-Do list to help me stay the most productive. Another great feature is that you can color-code appointment types and tasks to see at a glance what is happening with your schedule for any given day.

Cons

I've been using Google calendar for a long time. I do remember that it was a bit non-user-friendly when figuring out tasks at first. I believe there have been several updates and I am very used to the program now. As with anything, there is always a learning curve when trying something new.

Vassilis

Google Calendar

Reviewed on 2024/02/14

Pros

The fact that you can easily use it across the entire team

Cons

That is not good when used with Apple Calender.

Yris
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Google Calendar is very useful and easy to use

Reviewed on 2022/09/13

It does do the work as a reminder or simple agenda, and since is totally free and easy to use, I would definitely recommend it in general.

Pros

It could be use by anyone, easily integrates with any other google products and even other apps not google related. Very effective as a reminder app, very useful for event logs and similar kind of registries.

Cons

If you are looking for something visually appealing is not necesarilly the best one, neither as a scheduling planner for something related to projects or secuential tasks. You cannot integrate images to your calendar, reminders or tasks, to use the calendar in a different approach.

George

Simply the best

Reviewed on 2023/12/11

Google Calendar has saved me countless times. I only save events with assurance I won't miss them.

Pros

The calendar is very user friendly plus the fact that it allows me save events easily by allowing me save pre-filled forms with event details is just classy.

Cons

I absolutely have no negatives on Google Calendar. I just love it

ANTHONY

Google Calender has everything you need for scheduling

Reviewed on 2024/02/14

Pros

I like the ease of access of the app and all the different functions. Google Calender is great for small and large businesses.

Cons

I liked all aspects of gooogle calender.

Kelli
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Google Calendar User

Reviewed on 2024/02/12

Pros

It is so easy to share calendars with others and it is so user friendly and easy to learn how to use. Many customers use it to schedule and the previews make it easy to see what time they scheduled very far out.

Cons

I do not have many pertinent cons about google calendar.

Jessica
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Great product, use it all the time!

Reviewed on 2024/02/12

Pros

I love how easy it is to keep track of everything and add new events.

Cons

Nothing not to like! It's a great product that my husband and I use all the time to sync our calendars.

Teeka

Google Calendar ensure you meet every deadline and never miss a meeting

Reviewed on 2024/02/13

Pros

It reminds me of my important engagements so I don’t have to miss out on them.

Cons

I just don’t like that I can’t have a physical copy to use offline

Google Calendar Review

Reviewed on 2024/02/13

Very Good
I like suggest mu friends to use the Google Calendar

Very Good
I like suggest mu friends to use the Google Calendar

Pros

Scheduling meeting
It is very easy to create meetings and invites for call

Cons

User Experience is very good
Date options

Milena
Milena
  • Industry: Media Production

The most user frendly calendar

Reviewed on 2024/01/23

I utilize it for managing my remote work tasks, as well as for organizing my hobbies and non-work-related meetings. I can segregate my calendars based on different groups and events, and the tool is accessible across all my devices.

Pros

What I like the most is the simplicity of this tool, easy to understand and use, but super complete, plus it is aesthetically amazing.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to give access to other people.

Ronny

An Any-Business-Must-Have Calendar

Reviewed on 2021/07/27

Google Calendar has almost always been my go-to calendar for years for personal events, and it quickly became a crucial part of my business as well as some of the business that I've worked at. The fact that you can easily sync between devices (mobile and desktop devices) makes it golden.

Pros

Google Calendar can be completely free to use, or can come with their pay-for plans including Google Workspace. It's very quick, syncs faster than most Microsoft Exchange systems, and is very versatile whereas it works on Android devices, iOS devices, and more.

Cons

It can get a little overwhelming when it comes to finding certain features for each calendar entry. When you create a calendar entry, there are some options for the entry that are hidden by default. This is in both the Quick Entry mode as well as in the calendar entry itself.

Calendly and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Choosing Google Calendar

After using it for personal use and seeing what was being used in the commercial market (Exchange, etc.), I found Google not only easy to use and fast (not only to make entries, but to also learn and sync between devices), I also found it invaluable for most things I do. The one thing I cannot live without is its ability to sync between different devices.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

Standard Google Calendar is free and easy to use out of the box which makes it a great product up front for any personal and/or business use.
Farrah-Marie
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Single calendar for all your needs

Reviewed on 2021/12/03

Google Calendar has changed the way we do business in our office and across our organization. This has helped us to increase efficiency in planning and improved how comfortable employees are with technology. Even those who were late adopters (because of resistance to integration of technology) have found Google Calendar easy to use and helpful in managing different parts of their work flow.

Pros

Google has made it so easy to manage even the busiest calendars. The share feature allows multiple people to have simultaneous access, which is convenient now even more than before with team members working from a variety of locations. Changes to the calendar are done in real time, so there is little to no delay in being able to schedule and confirm appointments. With so many videoconferencing meetings nowadays, the ability to invite multiple people via Google Calendar makes it easy for the scheduler, but also easy for the recipients who see it on their calendar and can visually see if there are any conflicts before deciding to accept or decline the invite. The description and location fields within the calendar provide additional details to all be in a single invite, so no more frantically looking through emails for sign-on information.

Cons

I appreciate the colors to differentiate between the various types of appointments. It would be great if users had the ability to color code based on their distinct needs, which aren't always linked to the type of appointment category they fall in.

Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

Our organization already uses other Google products, so it made sense to stick with the Google suite of products. Additionally, Google provides flexibility to bring in appointments from a variety of platforms that Calendly didn't offer at the time we were researching and evaluating different products.
Leng

Still loving Google Calendar!

Reviewed on 2022/05/13

My overall experience is awesome! I try to use all the capabilities and features that comes with calendar. I code all my calendars with different colors, I use all the fields when creating events that might help me remember details of what I need to do.

Pros

In general I am a big fan of Google accounts and all the products that come with them. I love how Google Calendar help me stay organized for my private and professional life. I like the fact that I can have different calendars and turn them off an on whenever I need. I like the reminders and how they can be customized. The flexibility of giving access to different people and also a different role. So many things that I love, but I cannot left out the fact that both the mobile app and the computer one are both easy to deploy, manage and check.

Cons

I don't have many complaints about it. Something that bother me though s when I am scheduling an event and sometimes I have some trouble for Google calendar to automatically recognize email addresses that I use frequently. I don't know why this happens, it's not all the time, but it's annoying to be looking for those email addresses in my gmail.

Jill

Amazing Calendar and Scheduling Software - Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 2022/09/07

Google Calendar replaced our outdated paper calendar system years ago, and we've been happy users both personally and professionally for over 15 years. I highly recommend Google Calendar to other users, especially Outlook folks who are still stuck accessing their calendar from desktop machines only. It's time to make the switch.

Pros

Google Calendar is our company's go-to calendar software, and my personal as well. From visibility of scheduling, to integrating with other calendars, to sharing and scheduling events together, Google Calendar is top notch. I personally integrate my business and personal calendars on the same view, and use the reminders feature as a running to-do list of all I need to accomplish in running both my personal and professional life. I can integrate/share calendars with my employees or family. I can also import and export calendars from other applications, such as our reservation system, which is really helpful for our staff.

Cons

I have no complaints at all - just the irony of having too many events on my calendar, but I'm very grateful that Google is able to track and maintain my complicated life for me.

Courtney
  • Industry: Design

The BEST tool for a successful company!

Reviewed on 2023/07/26

The most efficient and effortless calendar keeper. It's great! If you're not using it, make the switch now!

Pros

Google calendar is a platform I use daily (weekdays + weekends). It helps to hold everything together for me both personally and professionally. I use it to keep my day running smoothly and efficiently, as well as schedule meetings with colleagues and clients. I love the reminders and ability to share calendars among coworkers, friends and family. I wouldn't want to use any other platform for my calendar.

Cons

There is not one con I can think of with this platform, it truly is so easy to use and everything I would ever want from a calendar.

Praveen
Praveen

Google Calendar is going to soon make Calendly and others run for their money

Reviewed on 2022/08/09

Overall I had great experience with Google Cal. I use many calendars public/private for various use cases such as - Work, Family, Birthday Reminder, Study, Sycned Todoist Calendar and more calendars.

Pros

Google's new Appointment Schedule feature is ready to start competing with paid calendar alternatives. Love Public/private calendar feature, integration of Events, Tasks & Appointments in one single Google Cal app, Love that free version is powerful enough and love that with paid google workspace plan we are getting so many other benefits apart from new Appointment Schedule feature.

Cons

No Event scheduling feature where you can ask audience to suggest and upvote a common time. No list view like BusyCal which allows you to list calendar events and search them quickly.

Book Like A Boss

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

Now that Google supports the Appointment Schedule feature as part of Google Workplace plans I don't need to use and deal with Book Like A Boss UI/UX.
Grace

Absolutely essential!!

Reviewed on 2022/09/13

A free, lightweight, clever Google app that can be used as one of the ultimate organization / productivity tools

Pros

It's free, and it gets better and better. There's lots of clever functionalities included. I am 100% dependent on Calendar + Calendly to keep my life organized.

The Google Calendar app on Android allows easy one-glance viewing across multiple Google account calendars as well as multiple calendars associated with a single Google account.

Cons

The vulnerability of having all Google apps and accounts linked, and possible privacy issues at having your whole life on Google apps. It's both useful and rather creepy how events are plucked from Gmail and added automatically to my calendar.

Wish the Android app has text formatting options like bold/bullets etc for the event description, similar to the desktop version. It's fine if that's a low priority but I really dislike that the text formatting done in desktop is removed if the event is edited on the phone app.

Also wish it has a more refined way to auto accept/decline event invitations by default based on the sender.

That said, I'd say these cons knock off just 1 point out of 100 points I'd award Google Calendar.

Sabharish
Sabharish
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Simple and smart calendar that allows you to be more productive and efficient!

Reviewed on 2020/11/08

My overall experience with Google Calendars is still positive. It is what I use for my everyday tasks and event management. I guess it doesn't need to be all that complex and fancy. It serves a simple purpose in my opinion and serves it well. Gives me notifications and reminders at the right times. I love changing between the day/week/month views as well when I need it to either get a detailed view of a specific day or the snapshot for that month. It is free and I will continue using it as before but would love to see some more enhancements in the future.

Pros

The simplicity of use about this software is what I like most about it. Definitely the brand behind this software product is a well known one, Google. I love the compatibility across other Google Suite apps and the integrations available. I love when it reads appointments from my email and automatically schedules events and reminders using the same. I have made flight and hotel reservations in the past and Google Calendar has automatically put them on there for me which I find very valuable. It works with Google Assistant so I can also use voice commands to interact with my calendar. The functions are limited here but still useful. I love the ability to customize each event being able it give it a title, date and time, recurring series, reminders via notification or email, adding location, description and even attachments. I almost always make use of all of these fields as it helps me stay super organized.

Cons

The overall functionality is still limited compared to its counterparts like the Microsoft Outlook Calendar which offers a breadth of features. You can't set high or low priority events in Google Calendar. Neither can you create your own categories or labels and attach them to different types of events, tasks, notes or reminders. Sharing is also not very effective. I have tried to create events for my friends together and shared with them but unless they have a Google account, there are many compatibility issues. The time zone also is slightly inaccurate sometimes. It doesn't reflect it accurately nor does it make the needed updates.

Sandra
  • Industry: Medical Practice

A must have for everyone

Reviewed on 2022/09/06

Thanks to Google Calendar I can check everyones availability and know I never over schedule my time or those of others in which I work closely with and saves valuable time.I have reminders set up to give me a day or an hour reminder so I am not late for anything and I am able to import or export events sso I am giving others a notice as well.To sum thing up I would be lost with my Goggle Calendars,it is so valuable to my work and homelife.

Pros

I love Google Calendar,its so easy to use and I can log into it from whatever devise I am using.I have to keep a few calendars for my family and worklife and this does the jpb perfectly, because it make organizing very easy.I have one for my work schedule and one for my appointments and husbands and I open it up every morning to get a look at my day so I do not miss anything anyone has going on throughout the day.It integrates very well with my Gmail and all my contacts and he as well can look into it and see what I have going on before he sets an appointment.It simplifies my life day after day and you can set up alerts for yourself as well,which I finds it to be wonderful.

Cons

There are not to many drawbacks with Goggle Calendar except is is lacking in features and design but not enough to be ignored.It can be a bit tricky if you are working with to may appointments because It is hard to read,Thats why I keep them on seperate .Another drawback is if you do not want someone seeing your secondary Calendar,that can be a problem because if they have access to one they can see both,so If sharing becareful of what you are sharing.

Devis
Devis
  • Industry: Insurance

private and professional time manager

Reviewed on 2022/09/07

I can view my personal and private schedule along with my work schedule, or I can view only one of them, but still I have everything under control and I can tell you in a second if I am free for you!
I can see co-workers' agendas and we can schedule each other's appointments in the free slots (you decide whether to allow this option).
It integrates seamlessly with Calendly and Tidycal, look them up on Capterra if you are a professional with a website or social page.
I use the android app "businesscalendar" synchronized from google calendar, it is drag & drop, easy and better than the google one, quasti two tools change your life

Pros

-practical
-fast
-always with me on the phone
-have both private appointments and work
-connects with everything! other apps, other people, etc.
-free but indispensable
-with the search function I can look up a name and check when I last met him (or how many times, and I probably noted something about him in that meeting in my calendar, very useful to have this data in seconds)

Cons

the google calendar app has never had a very practical interface, at least for me who keeps an eye on the whole week in one screen with my calendars (one personal and one work) and that of othereseternal collaborators.
the agenda update time when you first share the agenda with a new contributor, you think it takes 5 minutes and ready! instead it takes a few more minutes... at least...
but only the first time.
If you change collaborators often keep in mind that they will not be up and running in 5 minutes on your agenda the first time

Talha
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Google Calendar.. The Best in Calendar and Organizer Apps.

Reviewed on 2021/11/02

I've been using Google Calendar for quite a long time, and simple love it as it's only evolving more useful by including new functions and features with time as updates roll out. I can quickly find out about major events for each month and organize my own schedule to receive alerts at the correct time.

Pros

Google Calendar is more than just a calendar and is a powerful tool. It not only displays date months and days with holidays and social, national and religious events, but it also functions as a personal organiser. You may use it to create your schedule and appointments. It's the ideal calendar tool, especially if you use Gmail, because it effortlessly interacts with it and even remembers your contacts' birthdays. It offers a highly pleasing and intuitive user interface, which is enhanced by background design photos and fantastic animations. It comes with a high level of integration and efficiency while being simple and straightforward to use. It allows you to simply share your schedule with others and ensures that you never miss an important notifications.

Cons

After editing a recurring event to a different day, It sometimes is a trouble getting the original recurring day to delete. However, I eliminate the old recurring event and begin a fresh one to simply sort this problem. Apart from the above problem, its an all good to use app.

Yashovardhan
  • Industry: Research

Google Calendar as a helpful digital calendar

Reviewed on 2022/09/10

Overall I have had a positive experience with Google Calendar. It is a very user-friendly platform, and I have found it to be very reliable. It has also been very helpful in coordinating schedules with others.

Pros

I like google calendar because of the tools and services it offers.

I like google calendar because of the tools and services it offers. I can set reminders for myself, share calendars with my friends, access calendars from all over the world, and more!

I also like that Google Calendar has a clean interface that is easy to use. It is perfect for people who are not very tech savvy but still want to be able to keep track of their schedule.

Cons

There is not a lot that I do not like about Google Calendar. The one thing that I could say is that it would be nice if there was a way to customize the colors a bit more to make it easier to differentiate between different types of events, but that is really just a minor detail.

Andrea
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Good solution for education admin

Reviewed on 2021/11/02

Overall, Google Calendar has been very helpful with my organization and event management. Although it was difficult to adapt to at first, once it was figured out and the features were explored, it proved to be a rather effective way to manage both my personal calendar, schedule group meetings, as well as manage booking of various conference rooms.

Pros

The features I like most is the ease of portability in terms of the software solution. I can use it on my laptop/desktop or a mobile device. This helps me be connected with my calendar all the time. It is also easy to schedule events across all platforms and inviting others (inside and out of the Google Suite) is rather easy too. It is convenient to be able to color code different calendars and events for visual categorizing. Another area of convenience is Google Calendar's integration with outside platforms to seamlessly add events to my calendar.

Cons

I feel that certain features could be improved upon. For example, the address book's label option sometimes no longer recognizes a labeled group of people. This seems to be a bug in the system and usually works (until it doesn't). Another area of improvement would be to be able to see a timestamp when something is added to a calendar. This would be hugely helpful with room scheduling as one could compare if something was scheduled on a date/time prior to a subsequent room booking.

Bruno

Old user Google Calendar review

Reviewed on 2023/05/23

When it comes to personal organization, Google Calendar is just amazing. You can have all your life shown in a colorful and clear view as a calendar or an agenda. It also sends a reminder of each event (if you set it), and allows to use it in a collaborative way, inviting people to meetings and integrating it with Google meet. Just wonderful.

Pros

The major pros about it is that it not only belongs to the G-Suite, but it is also pretty simple to use. It's convenient for organizations because it's easy to implement using G-suite and Gmail. Calendar is also pretty simple to use but at the same time it allows to do many things and use its many functionalities. Some examples of the best features are the collaborative function, allowing to share calendars so that other people can pick the best time to arrange meeting. It also allows some ways to automate some events, making life easier.

Cons

There are not many cons, because it does its work as a calendar in an excellent way. But of course, it doesn't have such a wide set of tools and possibilities as other softwares like Notion, which are way more complex and work not only as a calendar.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Help Keep Your Professional & Personal Lives Organized with Google Calendar!

Reviewed on 2021/03/12

Pros

What I like most about this software is the visual layout in regards to how it is presented on a variety of platforms, whether it be a desktop, laptop, smartphone, or tablet. The ease of use is also a phenomenal attribute associated with this software, as you are able to click just a few buttons and have your events organized by date and time, with or without any alerts. I also like that this software can be synced with your Gmail account, which allows for email reminders to be automatically sent to you about 15 to 30 minutes before your next scheduled event, (or any other custom warning time before the event). Overall, it is very well put together and easy to use. As such, I would recommend it to anyone who may be interested in trying to use it.

Cons

The only thing that I can think of as being a negative with this software is the fact that an internet connection must be present if someone would like to save the changes made to his or her calendar of events to the cloud. Until an internet connection is established, one cannot sync his or her calendar updates with other devices using the same Google account. Other than that one aspect of the software, (which is not that terrible in the first place), there is not much else to point out as a negative.