Brevo

Carmen
  • Industry: Insurance

E-mail marketing made easy

Reviewed on 2022/04/18

We use it weekly and in some cases daily. It's easy to use, easy to get data and easy to setup and change according with the reports we are able to obtain.

Pros

The platform is really user friendly and it allows us to integrate data with our in-house developed systems.

Cons

The customisation of the design of each e-mail it's a little bit tricky, but we make it work with our own designs being uploaded in the platform.

Sender, Benchmark Email and Omnisend

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Mostly because we were looking for a better integration with our own systems and Sendinblue was the best option.

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Our IT team felt comfortable working the integrations through Sendinblue with our systems, also the price for more than 100,000 sent e-mails was critical in the decision. The marketing department were also happy working with the data and reports the platform provides.
Mike
Mike

Sendinblue is a great email marketing platform

Reviewed on 2022/07/27

Overall, I have had a positive experience with Sendinblue. The platform is easy to use and the reporting features are really helpful in improving my email marketing results. I would definitely recommend Sendinblue to anyone looking for a good email marketing solution.

Sadly we missed alot of other features, so we switched over to a more complete platform. But price wise sendinblue is GREAT for email marketing!

Pros

I have been using Sendinblue for a while now and I have to say that I am really happy with it. It is a great platform for sending out newsletters and other automated emails. The reporting features are also really good, and I have been able to improve my open rates and click-through rates thanks to the insights I have gained from the reports. Overall, I would highly recommend Sendinblue to anyone looking for a great email marketing platform.

Cons

I didn't really like the fact that I couldn't personalize my emails as much as I would have liked. I also found the interface a bit confusing at times.

ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

I chose Sendinblue because it is easier to use and has better reporting features than Activecampaign. The platform is also a lot cheaper, which was a big plus for the customer at that time.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

You get what you pay for

Reviewed on 2022/05/30

Unfortunately, I left before I even sending out a single email to my subscribers.

Pros

As a small business owner, the thing that attracted me to Sendinblue was the pricing. At the time I was using this, my marketing emails were fairly low-tech and with a few trade-offs, I was excited that I could send to unlimited contacts using the free plan. It also offered some customizations with the free plan other services didn't, and I felt like the pricing for larger lists was extremely fair (as I was hoping to stay with them).

Cons

The backend was a bit clunky and felt fairly outdated, but I was willing to overlook that for the price. After setting up my lists, default settings, first email, etc. I got a notice that I would have to go through verification before sending my first email. The process was RIDICULOUS. I had to schedule a call with someone in France (which seemed odd, but okay). My call was rescheduled twice and then ultimately canceled. After a month of trying to verify, I ultimately switched providers. After having gone through all the setup work, I never even got to send out anything more than a test email to myself.

ConvertKit, MailerLite, Moosend and Zoho Mail

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Mailchimp became too expensive for the size of my business and email list.

Mailchimp

Response from Sendinblue

Hey there! My name is Nadja and I'm Sendinblue's Reputation Specialist. I'm very sorry you've had this experience with us, especially since it's our goal to support small business owners, helping them grow through marketing campaigns. Would you mind providing us with more details (User ID + contact address) so we can find a solution as soon and best as possible? You can contact us via this form: https://www.sendinblue.com/contact/, open a ticket through your account - provided you still have access - or simply provide more information via Capterra!

Thank you for your feedback and sincerest apologies. I can assure you that we're working on our product and service continuously.

Hoping to hear from you soon,
Nadja from Sendinblue

Brevo - leading the CRM world!

Reviewed on 2024/03/26

Pros

1. templates are super easy to create
2. Branding is easy to stay consistent from newsletter to newsletter
3. Easy to create and edit templates
4. Open rate, CTR rate easy to understand

Cons

To integrate BREVO to elementor, you need to bring ANOTHER product (like zapier, for example)...this is just too many things to keep track of. I wish it would integrate better to capture our leads from our site.

George

Brevo is flexible, usable, complete - everything we needed in a tool.

Reviewed on 2023/11/28

Pros

It's so simple to use. Even if you're not a marketer or particularly tech literate, the layout and design of the platform is excellent and nothing feels off limits or too technical. We are relatively new to email marketing and it doesn't feel you need loads of previous experience to get going to take advantage of the great feature set. It is also extremely flexible, you can pay for the bits you need and the contacts you use without feeling like you're not taking advantage of features that are not relevant. It also fit really well with our existing processes and we were able to integrate our tech smoothly to get all the data we needed into Brevo. It is by no means just an email marketing tool either, it has a complete feature set that gives you everything you could possibly need when you need it.

Cons

I guess the only thing I would change/add is more templates for email. It does a great job of giving you basic layouts and letting you build your own library, but the it would be great to introduce a template marketplace like has been done with Webflow. I would probably pay for templates as I am no designer.

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Mainly the cost and what you got for the price. Bento was nowhere near as complete and was more expensive.

Bento and Bento for Business

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

It felt better to use and was a lot less complex. The others over complicated the way users were added, their APIs were not great and usually only available if you paid for the top plans, and we needed to get started slowly before fully committing.
Ugochukwu L Fred

Brevo: Is it worth the Investment or No

Reviewed on 2023/11/14

Well in summary, Brevo, formerly known as Sendinblue, presents a compelling solution for businesses that are in dire need of versatile marketing automation and an email marketing platform. I'm also one of the owners of a business in need of this service.

With its user-friendly interface, robust automation capabilities, and competitive pricing, Brevo seamlessly caters to a broad spectrum of users. Despite the minor drawbacks that I mentioned earlier, Brevo's strengths make it a strong contender in the market, especially for organizations looking for an affordable and feature-rich marketing solution.

If you ask me, Brevo is a well-rounded platform that maintains a balance between functionality and accessibility. This makes it a solid choice for businesses aiming to elevate their digital marketing efforts.

Pros

User-Friendly Interface:
First of all, I love the simplicity of the design of the new user-friendly and intuitive Brevo interface; particularly the light-green feel of the Homepage and dashboard.

Another striking thing there is their deliberate use of abundant white spaces; this does not only make the platform appear super-classy but it also makes it very easy for both beginners and experienced marketers alike to easily understand the system and make proper use of it. The drag-and-drop editor simplifies the process of creating engaging email campaigns without requiring extensive technical skills.

Email Deliverability:
One of Brevo's standout features is its robust email deliverability- anyone who uses the platform can attest to this. I've been using Brevo for over 3 years now (from when it was still known as Sendinblue). The platform employs advanced algorithms to optimize email delivery, minimizing the chances of messages ending up in spam folders (provided you use a custom email eg info@yourwebsitedotcom, and also verify you domain). This is crucial for ensuring that your messages reach the intended audience.

Automation Capabilities:
Brevo excels in automation, when it comes to automation, I give it to them. The system allows you to set up workflows for various scenarios. From welcome sequences to abandoned cart reminders, the automation features enable businesses to streamline their marketing processes and engage with customers at the right time. What's more interesting is the fact that even if you don't know how to use Brevo and need a little help, you can access training videos on Brevo's YouTube channel to help you get started.

Affordability:
The platform's pricing structure is competitive, especially for small to medium-sized businesses. Brevo also offers a free plan with basic features and affordable paid plans that scale with the user's needs even though that amount (Starter $25, Business $65, and BrevoPlus placed at custom price) is still a bit on the high side for some of us in Africa due to exchange, inflation and a whole lot of other pressing factors.

This makes it an attractive option for budget-conscious organizations (especially those in the big 5).

Comprehensive Marketing Suite:
Brevo is not limited to just email marketing; it's a comprehensive marketing suite with an array of marketing tools. Users can leverage features such as:

- SMS marketing
- Chat
- & CRM integration, creating a unified platform for managing various aspects of their marketing strategy.

Analytics and Reporting:
The platform also provides detailed analytics and reporting tools, offering insights into the performance of email campaigns. Users can track key metrics in real-time, such as open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates, enabling data-driven decision-making.

Cons

Learning Curve for Advanced Features:
It is true that Brevo is user-friendly, however, mastering its more advanced features may take some time (this is the reason I'll advise avy new user to get some help from their YouTube channel. Users looking to harness the full potential of the platform may need to invest additional effort in learning and experimentation.

Limited Design Flexibility:
Although the drag-and-drop editor is very convenient, some super-creative users might find the design flexibility limiting. Customizing templates beyond the provided options may require HTML/CSS knowledge, which could be a drawback for those without coding expertise.

Contact Management Complexity:
Managing contacts and segmentation could be more streamlined. Some users may find the contact management interface less intuitive compared to other platforms, especially when dealing with larger contact lists.

Template Selection:
While Brevo offers a variety of templates, the selection might not be as extensive as some other competitors. Users who are keen on getting some highly specialized or niche templates may find themselves needing to create custom designs; this is exactly what I do any time I want to create a campaign.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Excellent email marketing and automation platform

Reviewed on 2023/09/19

In summary, Brevo is a complete and reliable platform for email marketing and automation. It has boosted our business by providing us with the tools we need to reach our customers in an effective and personalized way. We recommend it 100% for any business looking to improve their digital marketing strategy.

Pros

Brevo has proven to be an indispensable tool in our email marketing and automation strategy. Since we started using this platform, we have experienced a significant increase in the effectiveness of our campaigns and interaction with our customers.What we like most about Brevo is its intuitive and easy-to-use interface. It allowed us to create and personalize emails quickly and easily, even if we are not design experts. The variety of pre-designed templates makes it easy to create attractive and professional messages. In addition, the ability to segment our contact list and send personalized emails has significantly improved our open and conversion rate.

Cons

Could improve the CRM part and the integration with google forms.

Jordi
Jordi

Great tool to send our marketing campaigns.

Reviewed on 2024/01/12

We're happy using Brevo, we've been using it for more than two years, and for us it's a must-have tool.
Basically we use three functions: sending marketing campaigns that are generated in our system and sent via API; the synchronization of clients and users that is also synchronized via API; and finally the use of transactional emails, all emails sent from our website are monitored with Brevo.

Pros

It's easy to use, very intuitive, and with a good looking interface.
We've contacted with the support team a couple of times and they gave us a quick answer and solution in both cases.

Cons

Recently the price has increased, and some functions that where in our plan are no longer available.

Good and simple tool to send mail

Reviewed on 2024/02/11

Pros

easy to use and great posibility to get help or find information

Cons

When you want to send a mail test, you have to create first a contact and put this contact in a list.

Andres
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Brevo review

Reviewed on 2024/04/17

Overall I will give Brevo a 4 out of 5 stars

Overall I will give Brevo a 4 out of 5 stars

Pros

Really helpful the email automation tool, also saves you a lot of time with its schedule feature and is very compatible with your mobile

Cons

Sometimes the customer support team is a bit slow in their response

Eero
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

The best choice when it comes to small business email marketing

Reviewed on 2021/02/19

The software works well, the price is fair, I haven't had any issues at any point. Previously, I have used another (very popular) software with some earlier projects, and it was a nightmare to find what I wanted from their interface. Send in Blue interface is simple and well-thought.

Pros

We use Send in Blue to send occasional e-mail newsletters and marketing campaigns. The campaign builder works well; everything is easy to understand. I really appreciate the segmentation possibilities, that are even available for free accounts. Previously, I had to pay a lot to another software manufacturer due to ridiculous limits regarding segmentation and lists. I rather pay for the emails I send. Send in Blue is perfect from this point of view.

Cons

The software could have more integration options to the other tools I use, but I am aware that those are not the most common so I understand.

Campaign Monitor by Marigold and ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Mailchimp interface is a UI nightmare, you cannot find anything unless you are constantly using it and remembering the hierarchy of the submenus. Especially some settings are buried so deep that I much rather pay for a consultant than do it by myself. On top of that, there were some (in my opinion) ridiculous limitations when it comes to segmentation, lists and email amounts. I was super-happy to leave Mailchimp behind for good.

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Price and functionality. In that order.
Daniel

Brevo uses hidden policies to decide who gets to be a customer

Reviewed on 2023/08/14

Brevo was easy to sign up, pay, and set up the SMTP links, but then a huge frustration to communicate except through a support agent that always had to send the information to another team. I understand the need to ensure email quality - but refusing to work with a client in any way is a horrible practice. It shows me that even if we had been a client for months, years, or since their inception (without any reason shared with us) that we could just be cut off and shunned.

Pros

Brevo appeared to have all the features we wanted

Cons

Brevo blocked us within hours of using the service without much of any notice sent to our administrator. They reviewed our email content with scrutiny and sent us screen shots asking what the intent of a specific email - which clearly based on its headers were sent to us and forwarded to a gmail account for a particular user. We also host an addiction recovery client whose emails may contain private and sometimes descriptive information about an addiction - we were also asked about those emails.

Mailjet

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

We were looking for phone support for a lower cost.

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

We selected Brevo for cost alone - but MailJet has proven to be a much better product than Brevo.
Kaitlyn
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Free but limited

Reviewed on 2022/08/02

Sendinblue is free and effective. The ironic thing is that we grew so much from using sendinblue that we needed a bigger and better platform.

Pros

It's free until you go over a certain amount of emails per month and your contact storage is unlimited, no restrictions!
Custom templates, automation/auto responders, custom CTAs, and click tracking are all pros. APIs for integration with your website.
The reporting is pretty well detailed.
Customer support is very responsive and polite. I was able to set up sendinblue very quickly and I had no problems using it.

Cons

Sendinblues free version is limited and when you go over the email limit you need to buy a subscription to keep using the service. The customizable templates are there but they're limited.. Sendinblue could be slow and glitchy at times, most often when sending emails with attachments.

SendGrid and Mailjet

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

My free trial expired and I wasn't comfortable enough with the platform to pay for it. Sendinblue had an actual free version meaning I could learn to use it before moving up to a subscription.

GetResponse
Andrey
Andrey

Reliability of emailing service and deliverability

Reviewed on 2021/06/30

Pros

We have been using this tool for several cases: transaction emails (notifications and conformations ) for our software service, email marketing campaigns, Analytics&Logs. These tools are very useful for us, as we need to provide various important notifications + instant alerts. Thus, reliability with deliverability is an important metric for us. The system shows about 94% delivered emails, which is a good number. Support is also very good.

Cons

We often experience issues with the reliability of service. The system got down or degraded each month, sometimes twice per month. So, our notifications were delayed for a couple of hours, and our customers didn’t receive instant emails with notifications. This is not so much important for email marketing campaigns, but for the transactions, this is the #1 priority, especially if you provide your service around the world. Hope, Sendinblue will improve its infrastructure and reliability.

Diego

Incredible tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

It helps very much in my automations using JS scripts on my site or scripts (via API) in my computer.
Very good to send newsletters too, with a high send limit.
And I use to all my transactional e-mail of my Wordpress website using the plugin. Much better than PHP mail.

Pros

Great free tier
Marketing Automation tool with many types of workflows
Great limit to send e-mail marketing and transactional emails
Nice plugins for Wordpress
Easy to make e-mail templates and preview then with many options
Connection with other tools using API
Simple API with many functions
JS to automation easy to setup
Great support (even in portuguese)

Cons

Sometimes the platform is a little slow, but I think it's temporary because the suddenly increase of users.l

ActiveCampaign and SendGrid

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Better free tier, better functionalities, more freedom to implement.

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Better free tier and features
Martin
  • Industry: Philanthropy

A short discussion about Sendinblue

Reviewed on 2021/05/03

I use Sendinblue to send out transactional emails for the platforms I develop on. I stay away from the marketing feature.

Pros

In terms of getting started to get a mailing server, for free, I don't think you'll find better. Sendinblue is an effective option to automate your email setup, and it's hassle free. If you've worked with API before, this will be no problem at all. Even if you haven't they take care of you with starter templates.

Cons

The website is incredibly slow. You will sit there just waiting for the page to load, even if it's simple data. Additionally, sendinblue does a horrible job documenting and announcing their own vetting process. I once purchased SIB Credit and had no feedback as to why it wasn't credited to my account. All of the top support docs just told me to look into my account or buy credit. It turns out, you have to contact support to get your account activated. Additionally, there are a few API contact adding handlers that could work a little bit better, and handle errors better.

Shahila
Shahila

Manage email campaign easily

Reviewed on 2021/05/01

This marketing software really has help us managing and planning our email marketing campaign and its effectiveness to the maximum. I really like that all the report for the marketing campaign is filled with useful analytics report that we have use it to measure the marketing campaign rate of successful.

Pros

I really like all the marketing feature and option that are provided by Sendinblue. It has all i need for automation marketing process, like email marketing manager and newsletter builder. The inboxes help to store customer's previous email history, so we can serve and response to their inquiries email better.

Cons

The customer service is not as active as it should be, they are not operation for 24/7 and as our company is on difference time zone, it is difficult to have a real-time chat session with them. An integration with other outside service like Gmail also will add more flexibility to our marketing process.

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Anyone can use this!

Reviewed on 2021/02/19

We were looking at email marketing and automation of our daily tasks as our candidate base had gotten very large and we needed a solution. We used others like Sendgrid and Mailchimp, but either their features were too limiting or you had to scale up and pay quickly to get the solution you wanted or it was too difficult to navigate around as an end user.

Pros

As an end user and no training in IT whatsoever, I would say that it has made email marketing easy and accessible for those who are looking at a feature filled but simple dashboard with excellent analytics to boot. Far better than any other email marketing solution out there and it does the thinking for you, they've really thought out the end user here and made things simple.

Cons

I'd say the pricing is fairly steep for a start up like ours, but at the moment we're becoming so reliant on this service and the paid features look like true added value so I might be being a bit miserly!

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

It was too complicated to understand and I felt it was designed more for IT savy users than end users looking for functionality.

Christina
Christina
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Sendinblue is a great tool for email marketing."

Reviewed on 2022/03/09

Sendinblue is used for our sales pipeline and for email marketing, so we use it a lot. Sendinblue has let us be where our customers are. We can send them marketing emails and send them marketing sms through Sendinblue.

Pros

SendinBlue's design is simple and easy to use for low-cost email marketing, and it's very easy to set up. There is a lot to like about this marketing platform. It comes with everything you need. Among these are email marketing campaigns and broadcasts as well as email marketing automation, transactional emails and SMS as well as social media.

Cons

I don't like their way of verifying things, even though they respond quickly. The validations should be done and over with once and for all, not start up every time there's a campaign.

But this can be easily fixed. But this does not detract from professionalism, in my opinion we will continue to use it because it makes our work easier.

Arpan

Improvement Customer Support

Reviewed on 2020/09/19

Good

Good

Pros

Many Features at Affordable Cost
Like Landing Page , CRM, Bulk SMS, Contact Management , Automation

Cons

Customer Support To Be Improved.
Further Devops Team to be much thoroughly developed any plugins
User Experience Improvement is Necessary

ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Hubspot is Costly Beyond Our Grip for rest of the lifetime.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Bulk SMS Automation at Lower Cost We Are Concentrated on No. Of Contacts not on the no. Of Emails
Clément

A great service at a justified price.

Reviewed on 2022/10/03

Pros

Sendinblue is honestly the solution I've been looking for since the beginning when it comes to emailing and marketing automation.

It gives you the ability to organize your contacts in a very granular way through their list and tag management.

With their marketing automation system, you can send very specific emails to these users and add even more tags based on their actions (opened or read, for example), but I’m not done!

You can even "hijack" their marketing automation system to not send emails at all, but instead automatically add tags to your users after a certain action (or inaction) on their part on your website, which could then add them to another marketing automation system...

You get the idea, the possibilities are almost endless and if you are looking for the best system to track your contacts and talk to them in a very unique way, don’t look any further.

Another very important point is that Sendinblue charges you on the number of emails you send per month, not the number of contacts you have (yes, I'm looking at you Mailchimp). This billing system makes more sense and the ROI is much easier to calculate.

Finally, Sendinblue is growing more by the day, and propose now a CRM and a chatbot that I found very effective to convert my traffic on my landing pages.

Cons

Honestly, there's not much I don't like about their service. The chatbot is expected to become a paid option in the future, and that's a bummer. Their integrations with other services are also not as developed as it can be with other market leaders.

Check on your end to see if Sendinblue is compatible with your other critical services, they still have plenty of integrations.

Gibbs
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

A popular application Sendinblue premium use Programming, and coordinate CRM management.

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

My involvement in this application isn't excessively acceptable however it has some extraordinary highlights that help in advanced advertising. It likewise needs numerous highlights, I the highlights are refreshed then it would turn into the best application for email promoting. It's decent that I can send an email to a get gathering or gatherings, depending on what we would wish to endeavor to at that point.

Pros

Sendinblue premium empowers the business to develop new connections via auto advertising, email promoting, value-based messages, messages, visit client relationships the executives, Facebook advertisements, and retargeting promotions. It's controlled by world-class client groups and offers to evaluate plans. It's developed on me who I somewhat like the completed item - the clean, reliably marked messages that go to my patients to converse with them viably. I like how simple it's to create messages and include contacts. We simply required the best approach to talk with our clients all the more successfully.

Cons

Sendinblue Premium has awful client support during the underlying phases of actualizing and utilizing their item. This burned through huge amounts of within recent memory pointlessly. It seems a touch interface for fixing templates League. Moreover, we do miss usefulness to arrange ace layouts which might be wont to create new void formats. The simplified highlights are likewise not accessible in this application.

• Industry: Human Resources

Right from Transactional Emails to Campaign Management, my go to email platform

Reviewed on 2022/07/22

Pros

Ease of use and ease of deployment is something I love about the platform. I have been using this for more than 4 years.

Cons

Not giving the SMS credits in the basic versions along with the email version is something I don't like.

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Because of the costing and ease of use.

Costing & Ease of use.
Vance
Vance

Best Email Automation & Transactional Email Platform

Reviewed on 2023/06/13

Absolutely excellent experience throughout the years.

Absolutely excellent experience throughout the years.

Pros

Wide range of features, particularly developer-friendly ones such as transactional email, SMTP and API. Also, affordability for small and medium businesses. The developer documents and customer service are probably the best.

Cons

Nothing much to hate about Brevo (previously known as SendinBlue), except maybe the new colour scheme. On a more serious note, the email builder can be improved slightly in terms of UX. Certain things require one or two too many clicks.

Ficht

Good features, terrible service and support

Reviewed on 2022/08/11

Terrible, customer support needing more than 10 days sometimes to answer even on critical system failures on sendinblue part. Some feature never worked reliable like tracking links in the email (broken SSL certificate led to error page for our customers - unable to log in, use password reset links etc.). It may be ok for newsletter emails (altough tracking links would be important) but for transaction emails this service cannot be used! They include a unsubscribe link in transaction emails which you cannot deactivate. Imagine customers receiving a receipt accidentaly clicking the, quite prominently placed, unsubscribe link and therefore will not be able to further receive any transaction emails from your system. This provider cost us a lot of time and nerves.

Pros

Email templates, SMS API, ease of use and the easy integration.

Cons

Unreliable (disappearing emails sent over API, not in the dashboard nor in the logs. 24h later suddenly a huge batch of emails get sent.) Service overall not usable for transaction emails.

Response from Sendinblue

Hey there, My name is Nadja and I'm part of the Sendinblue Branding team. I'm very sorry you've had this experience with us. Our goal is to support businesses as best as we can, so I would love to get in touch with you and investigate this further. Would you mind providing us with more details (User ID + contact address) so we can allocate your account and offer support accordingly? Since you've already been in touch with us, you can also simply send me your ticket number and we'll follow-up via email.

Thank you for your feedback and sincerest apologies for disturbance this has caused.

Hoping to hear from you soon,