Sendinblue

Automation, Marketing & Transactional Email, and SMS Service

Matthew V.

Great value for small businesses

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

Really positive. I have been able to set up my own business and others with SendInBlue and they like it a lot. Definitely worth the value.

Pros

Very low cost with a lot of features including unlimited contacts. The only limit really is 300 emails per day max but when you are starting out with email marketing that's not a big deal, especially with newsletters. They have a very nice automation workflow process that has a lot of options similar to big competitors that cost more. Also, if you need to create a new email template it has the option to open a new tab and then easily refresh it, unlike other competitors. The API connection is easy to find and work with. Overall a great software solution for small businesses.

Cons

Not much of anything, I have seen other systems have a few more features in the automation builder but those were not really used anyway.

Julian S.
  • Industry: Investment Management

Best value in the business

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

I've been doing email-centric marketing for years, and the game has changed over the last few years. If you're looking to move from an old-school platform like Mailchimp to a proper (email-centric, web-tracking) marketing automation platform, you're typically looking at expensive options (Marketo/Pardot/Hubspot/Eloqua). SendinBlue is more in line with a platform like Active Campaign, and while perhaps not as mature/feature-full, it is incredibly affordable for what it offers.

Pros

Fantastic contact management/filtering/segmentation
Modern web-tracking/lead-scoring capabilities
Modern marketing automation capabilities

Cons

A few non-core features are 'half-baked' (e.g chat widget doesn't have mobile apps for operators, who must rely on browser notifications; 'CRM' is really a bare-bones marketing-CRM, not a proper CRM that a sales team or larger organization could rely on).
Email builder could be a little more flexible (forces you to choose between raw HTML mode and page-builder mode)

Tomasz O.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Excellent value for money for contact-intensive mailing list

Reviewed on 2020/12/23

We are using Sendinblue twofold - partly for periodic newsletters to both our business partners and clients, and partly for sending off direct mails for specific segments of our users. After getting the initial setup right, working with Sendinblue is a breeze. As mentioned, the segmenting options might be a bit lacking for our taste, but they are good enough to do the job. The pricing model is perfect for our use.

Pros

Sendinblue allows for unlimited contacts, in contrast to many other marketing software providers. This business model fits extremly well our extensive mailing list with heavy segmentation and comparatively low monthly sendout volume.

The setup was quite easy and support rather excellent. Our initial problems were taken care of quickly and efficiently and support time was never unbearable.

Setting up mails and templates is a pleasure and setting up new campaigns is fast and easy. The system is constantly being improved upon and it is a pleasant suprise to see kinks and bugs being ironed out.

Cons

Segmenting of the target group could be improved upon. The current model is quite simple and thus easy to use, but it might leave client with demand for heavy segmentation features looking for more.

Geographical segmenting could be improved upon - there is currently no possibility to select a segment based on geolocation through map, circle radius etc.

Suzanne J.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Customer Service is Everything!

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

Thanks to Sendinblue I'll be able to begin to grow my small retail fashion start-up to the other tiers of their service where they offer options like a chat service. Cool!

Pros

The best thing about this software was the price and the features that came along with that price. After trying the free version of Constant Contact I found it a waste of time because I could only send to 100
contacts per month! However with Sendinblue I am able to send up to 300 emails per day!! That was a game changer right there! I experienced near the same with MailChimp

Cons

As a complete novice I found terms and processes difficult to understand at times but hence my Headline above I was so luck to receive rally great Customer Service. It didn't matter how elementary my questions were or how many times I asked them, I always got the help I needed.

Liese C.
  • Industry: Fine Art

Way better than Mailchimp!

Reviewed on 2021/02/06

I started out with Sendinblue because I needed to be able to easily send different emails to 5 distinct groups of contacts each month for my Patreon digital rewards. The ease of use of the site and the fact that Sendinblue has a robust free tier has made me decide to close my Mailchimp account and import all of my business contacts to Sendinblue.

Pros

I love having the ability to schedule emails to go out at a specific time and also the feature that tracks opens and clicks on the campaigns I send so I can see how effective my email are. I am also able to group my contacts easily. This is crucial because my clients get different content depending on their subscription level on my Patreon page. No contact limits even for the free version.
All this functionality at the free tier is amazing. Bye-bye, Mailchimp!

Cons

The only thing I'd change is the 300 contact limit per day for outgoing emails, but since I'm using the free service I can't really complain. I can still break my campaigns up over a few days.

Mahmoud S.
  • Industry: Online Media

A Cost & Time Effective Tool

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Foe me and my team it was easier and faster to work with Sendinblue.

Pros

The clear interface, easy to use
The easy and elegant design of the email camapaign templates
The flexibility of contact categorization

Cons

The mobile web browser usage, I believe it needs an app
The marketing and the automation
The social media integration

Kateryna F.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Really easy value for money service

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

I like it. And I use customer support every time I need help and get even more that I have requested.

Pros

It is easy to use. You may customize your campaigns and elements inside them. You have many options in terms of campaigns size + additionals useful paid options.

Cons

It needs some time to understand where the forms for which automations/ campaigns/ managins are placed.

Amanda W.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Very good for the money

Reviewed on 2019/11/27

I really enjoy this program and with a little learning curve, am able to send out newsletters to my subscribers. The metrics are on target with other offering and easy to understand. Creating different audiences and conditions is very simple, and the price is very reasonable. If you have a small business, I would suggest Sendinblue for maintaining a mailing list.

Pros

The pricepoint first drew me to Sendinblue. I was using another program but once I hit 2k+ users the price doubled. My mailing list is still rather small with little return, so I needed a cost-effective program to grow my audience but not lose money. I also love that I can put my subscription on hold, because there are months when I don't need to send a newsletter, and every penny saved is one I can reinvest with a better return elsewhere. Another great feature is that it was simple to move my mailing list from one provider to another. For someone who is technologically challenged, I was quite pleased by this.

Cons

Creating a newsletter body isn't as simple as with other programs. There are templates and drag and drop features, but I found them to be lacking and more complicated than my previous mailing list provider. For my first letter, I had to add unnecessary captions for my photos because I couldn't delete that part of the template.

• Industry: Human Resources

Usage of Sendinblue

Reviewed on 2021/02/07

Overall, it helped me send thousands of emails if we have campaigned and it is very easy to handle in terms of creating the email content. A direct to the point application.

Pros

Creating campaign is very easy and it is also affordable. The support also is great and quick which is what I need most in my tools.

Cons

The automation and integration need to be upgraded or make easier to understand. Creating an email template must be upgraded because it seems not upgraded for more than a year.

Mark L.

Great value and constantly improving

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Send in Blue was pretty basic for the money when we started and not charging for DB storage was what made us purchase. Over the last year or so they have been improving the platform and now it is a solid offering.

Pros

Ease of replicating queries and also being able to query the contact list in many ways to create segments

Cons

Not being able to identify sender / IP when using multiple IP's for the same sender.

• Industry: Publishing
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

SendInBlue

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

When setting up campaigns and sending - good.
Not good when disallowed to send a campaign or upload contacts, slow to let you know sometimes and not so understanding of the customer.
Not good that the facility to see opens has been taken away - unless you upgrade!

Pros

Templates, Look and ease of use. Quick to replicate campaigns and change.

Cons

Admin can disallow you to use and send campaigns for reasons known only to themselves. Not good for the customer, when SendInBlue as a platform is overall good.
In the beginning I nearly gave up, as I just thought they were trying to get me to buy a larger package.

Andrei T.
  • Industry: Sports

Excellent Service, though a few things could be improved.

Reviewed on 2020/11/14

It would've been a 10/10 if not for the said template edit/create limits, so I'll give it a 9,8/10

Pros

The list and lead mangement is on point. Contact validation is terrific.

Cons

The template edit/create (email and landing page), though good for simple suff, can be a bit lacking and limiting if you want to go a bit further.

David A.

D&X

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

Great software. Good helpful customer services.

Pros

Ease to use, Easy to Set Up, Great Analysis System, Great Format for the campaigns and good help service.

Cons

The fact that whilst we did a few campaigns to filter out the unengaged customers.
Our account was locked for a few days and we had to wait for ages to have the account unlocked.

We did explain that we had to do a campaign to be able to filter out or engaged customers.
As we had built a list from 4 years ago which was stuck in a section on the website, and we had just noticed this after few years

Randy W.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Sendinblue's Ease of Use

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

My overall experience with Sendinblue has been very positive and I am happy with the performance of the system and the level of instructional information available. I have been able to manage creating and sending campaigns really without relying on Sendinblue's Customer Support for added instruction.

Pros

I was most impressed with Sendinblue's overall ease of use which includes all aspects of creating and implementing a marketing campaign. From importing email addresses to actually sending the emails and finally reporting the impact of the campaign. Sendinblue makes it easy to understand and steps you through the process from start to finish in clear, easy to understand steps.

Cons

I would like to see the process for adding new email addresses to a mailing list and resending a campaign made to where emails to new addresses added to an existing campaign could be sent instead of duplicating the entire campaign as is the process today. If email addresses could be marked as "sent" so new addresses could be filtered for sending that would make managing campaigns much easier. Today, I send the same campaign to different smaller email lists instead of a single long one. This means I need to duplicate the same campaign over and over every time I want to send to a different email list.

Stuart P.
  • Industry: Design

Just brilliant

Reviewed on 2021/01/23

Perfect, just what i need!

Pros

Everything is so easy and simple to use. Any minor issue i've had, the support have helped me staight away!

Cons

Nothing, all works perfectly! can't fault it!

Tracey F.
  • Industry: Graphic Design
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Mailing with Send In Blue

Reviewed on 2021/01/15

No problems but I did understand why you paused the account first time and explained the first time so did not expect the accounts to be paused again.

Pros

The logical sequence to produce a high quality mailing without the need to take tutorials

Cons

Nothing I dislike really other than perhaps the appreciation of current circumstances. Our last campaigns have not received the opening numbers we would expect but many in the UK are not at work so you really should not be pausing our account.

Kelly M.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

The most useless email marketing company out there!

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

This is the worst and most deceptive company I've ever experienced in the email marketing world.

I have multiple online eCommerce businesses and I decided to try moving one over to SendInBlue from Mailchimp. I have a very clean and legitimate list of contacts (14500+) that was all organically gathered directly through my website, many of which are actual past customers with purchases! I was "approved", so I purchased their plan, and sent out my first campaign. This "approval" means absolutely NOTHING! My campaign stopped at 500 sends (yours will too) and if you don't meet their 12-15% open rate within 36 hours, they will steal your subscription money, and suspend you from being able to send, period. They do not tell you ANY of this beforehand, and they do this intentionally so that they can steal your first months subscription money! This is legitimately their business model. In order to actually USE their "service" (which is nothing at this point) you have to go through a lengthy and EXPENSIVE process of setting up your very own dedicated IP! What's the POINT? Disgusting.

They're the most crooked and irrational company I've came across in a long time. I understand wanting to protect your IP's dignity, but you're throwing away and robbing the WRONG customer here. I have a fabulous open rate verifiable by MailChimp, with abundant evidence of such. I gave them MANY opportunities to correct this issue before seeking further action, and leaving appropriate reviews.

Pros

Absolutely none. It's a useless company that lies and withholds all of it's requirements and practices, and will result in most people being completely unable to use it even with beautiful, clean, legitimate large lists. (Especially those with large lists)

Cons

Deceptive practices. Lies. Required 15% open rate on the first 500 email sent within 36 hours. (Any large list won't get that rate) They do NOT send to your whole list, only to a random 500. Then most emails end up in the spam folder. They shut you down after 36 hours if you don't reach their open rate requirement , steal your first months payment, and make you unable to use their features. The ONLY solution is to purchase a dedicated and complicated IP, this is a lying, deceptive company and the price does NOT accurately reflect anything. Nobody with any sort of larger sized legitimate eCommerce mailing list will be able to use their service. But they'll be happy to take your money so you can find that out!

Christopher M.

Great for small - medium businesses!

Reviewed on 2020/06/07

We have saved a lot of money, and are still able to send the same, if not more mailings per month then the main competitor in this sgment (who we were using before).

Pros

The pricing model makes a lot of sense. We have gleaned many subscribers over the years but only send a modest amount of mailing. Other software charges per contact, which means even when you aren't sending you are being charged. Sendinblue only charges based on the emails sent, which makes a lot more sense!

Cons

The interface for setting up emails is great, however it could do with a little improvement in terms of customisation - however it is still very good!

Turawa A.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Quite interesting and Satisfied

Reviewed on 2020/08/16

Pros

Makes sending mail to customer easy and straight forward, no unnecessary headache associated with mails.

Cons

Not ovserved any yet, so far the as with mail server setup, it wasn't easy and straight forward but then i got it figured using the straight forward documentation

Jim M.

A Breath of Fresh Air — Thank you

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

Pros

Easy to use; effective; professional. Moving from our prior ESP was fast and intuitive. We installed, migrated, integrated, and configured automation in minutes. The competitors have nothing on SendinBlue.

Cons

Not applicable, nothing to write here...

Christina C.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

This is a great platform!

Reviewed on 2020/08/05

Pros

It was easy to get started with Send it in Blue. I was test-driving other platforms for mass emailing and other projects when I discovered Send it on Blue. My first several projects were created and delivered without a single problem. I had a few questions while creating a very large project, and those concerns were addressed IMMEDIATELY. Wow! I highly recommend Send it in Blue. 10 out of 10!

Cons

I would love to see more templates and more different types of segmentation!

Giorgi G.
  • Industry: Tobacco

Most intuitive Email + SMS campaigns platform

Reviewed on 2018/10/14

Overall, with the certain project, Sendinblue totally proved its effectiveness. We are happy to have it found out and that started using. So far, everything is working beyond expectations.

Pros

The biggest advantage of this platform is the integration between the SMS and email campaigns that can be run from within the system. While engaging with the target audience through these two channels - Sendinblue proved to be very effective platform. Furthermore, what I also love the most is the intuitive and vivid main interface that lays out all the necessary details you need about the campaigns. What's more, the platform has such good feature as intuitive email builder, unlimited contacts upload, automation, etc. Overall, it's very good tool to use, moreover, if you do this mixed (SMS+Email campaigns).

Cons

The only thing so far I disliked was re-activeness of the platform when it came to the point to send the emails. So, everything was ready and the platform then asked to verify the source of the email database. We do get it's totally right approach to avoid the spam databases, but we were totally mislead and basically were late to send out the campaign due to that. So, proactive messages about this while creating the campaigns would be good to have for other fellow marketers as we already learnt the lesson.

Dennis L.

SendInBlue -- easy and fresh

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Pros

It is clean design wise. It is also easy to use and easy to integrate with your software. We moved from Mailchimp and have not looked back. It is so easy, our designers picked it up within a day.

Cons

Nothing really to note as of yet. It can be a bit pricey though.

Hugues de L.

Sendinblue best in class

Reviewed on 2020/11/28

I use it with my students to learn them marketing automation. I also use it with my colleages

Pros

All in one, easy to use, marketing automation is very important and usefull. Connexion with WordPress and prestashop cool

Cons

Business informations imported from prestashop webshop are poor

Zoltan P.

Email marketing

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

I use the software on my own, helps me to put my message out to my clients

Pros

I am able to send out mass emails to my clients easy

Cons

some parts I do not get, like how to delete old templates old emails from archive...