Nicolas C.

Great product for sales teams - Some key features still missing though

Reviewed on 2017/07/21

The one thing we are solving is the way we are building and sending out comercial proposals. With Pandadoc we have everything organized and all the documents in the proper folders, so you can go back to them easily and see what's happing with the document. Also all the different templates already built in makes it very easy for the sales reps to build proposals in no-time.

Additionally the Human Resources Department is using Pandadoc for employee documentation. We've been using it as the formal company's employee documentation platform and it's been great.

Pros

What I like best is the document builder features. The structure they gave to the product with the Templates and the content library I think is very useful because it lets you slightly change each document on specific sections which is something that happens a lot. I mean, templates work as a baseline document and then you can have multiple content library items that you pull in when needed.

Cons

There are key features that I feel are missing. Nonetheless I have spoken to them several times and they've said to me that all of the features I mentioned are already on the roadmap of the product, in fact they delivered one of those in the last update. Things like document signature deadline, live collaborative document editing, task/comment assignment to other team members when building a document. Those three are the key missing features.

Mariano D.

PandaDoc: document management powerhouse

Reviewed on 2016/12/13

For a long time, we were handling our customer contracts by creating a digital document, faxing it to our customers for signature, and then having them fax it back to us for our records. Managing this process was time-consuming and since it was all done via fax and email, it was a real pain for follow-up. We had looked into several solutions for document creation and management, but none seemed to quite do everything that we needed.

We stumbled across PandaDoc in our research and have not turned back. Their online document creation tools were already best in class when we started and have been improved regularly since we started with them about 2 years ago. The ability to upload documents created with a program like Word or Pages and set them up for signature has also been key. But I think most of all I LOVE the way they've set up e-sign. It's fast, convenient, easy, and works in nearly every case we've had in the last two years.

We've expanded beyond project contracts and now run almost everything that needs a signature through this system. Their service is top-notch, they provide a lot of value for the money, and I have not regretted our purchase...ever.

I can wholeheartedly recommend this product to nearly any business.

Pros

* Ease of use
* great feature set
* e-signature functionality
* Ability to convert any document to e-cig
* Workflow
* Multiple user levels

Cons

If I had to pick *something*, maybe the workflow process could be more robust. I would also love it to integrate better with Highrise, our CRM.

Andrew K.

Simplistic and Effective

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

Overall, I like PandaDoc much better than other electronic document signature applications I have used. Their pricing is very competitive, especially considering the features offered. This will be a product we continue to use, as it takes the hassle out of the physical signature process and saves our sales team substantial time and effort. I would definitely recommend this product to any business that is heavily reliant on any form of signed documentation.

Pros

The PandaDoc user interface is very intuitive. The Dashboard display gives you an excellent breakdown of your outgoing documents, include Sent, Viewed, and Completed categorized. This feature helps our organized keep track of the current state of our contracts, and essentially lets us know which documents require reminders or further attention. Uploading a document to the application for signature is as simple as drag and drop, and the application is set up to send out notifications when the recipient has viewed the document, as well as signed the document.

Cons

Unfortunately, Panda Doc does not work well with non-PDF uploads, particularly MS Words documents. Uploading such formats often changes the layout or configuration of the document, causing extra work to adjust or simply redo. The admin panel is also challenging to navigate. Finding the correct path to adjust our company billing took some time; much longer than it should have. The template feature is nice to have, but if you need to make any adjustments, you essentially need to discard your entire template and re-upload, which is time consuming to a point where the feature is almost not worth using. It would also be beneficial to have automated reminders for unsigned documents, as opposed to having to complete this task manually.

Haley B.

A good product that promises to become a great one

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Pros

It streamlined our process and removed some potential for error when passing around Word documents. Love the ability to see progress on documents, get updates, and view status on dashboard. Using this instead of emailing PDFs or sending through a signature platform makes us look more professional, and in most cases is easier for our clients to use. The sales, development, and customer service teams have been SUPER responsive and hungry for feedback. It's really impressive how invested they are in continuing to build and improve the product.

Cons

At first the design interface was pretty limiting, but they've rolled out an upgrade. Lack of a true in-platform redlining feature is a drawback for us, but PandaDoc is responding to feedback and it seems like that's something that will happen in the future. As a longtime Word user, sometimes there are things that don't seem super intuitive, but it's mostly just a learning curve.

Jacod S.
  • Industry: Research

Ideal for any company and at the best price

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

Pandadoc streamlines the process of documents saving a lot of time, is not too expensive and has an excellent platform that provides security to the company and customers ... definitely Pandadoc is here to stay.

Pros

Pandadoc saves a lot of time in the process of creating documents. It also eliminates the manual task of e-mailing a document for review and approval. Pandadoc is an incredible solution for organizations of any size. I like this product a lot because of how safe it is to use it; generating great confidence for us and for our customers. I'm happy with the quality of this product and how comfortable it is to sign documents ... no matter the size of the company, this product is ideal to streamline all types of business processes .... It adapts to all companies , it's reliable ... it's simply the best.

Cons

I do not like that emails are sent from pandadoc, it would be better if they were generated from the company email ... there is a risk of spam, although we have never had that problem.

Tina B.
  • Industry: Events Services

PandaDoc Accelerates the Sales/Solution Process

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

We are able to effectively communicate about the pain points we solve for our clients. Being able to insert videos directly into the proposal and tailer each template so it applies for each target audience is a huge benefit. Love the "drag and drop" functionality. Our clients are actually able to comprehend the value of the services we offer when we can send them a proposal that tells a story rather than just lists prices and descriptions for services they don't understand.

Pros

Robust features are easy to understand and implement, even for a code-avoider like me!

Cons

Can get a little clunky and slow when inserting design items and I often have to exit the program and then restart it to get the formatting to stick.

Jonathan M.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Pandadoc is a flexible and robust solution for digital information gathering and signing.

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

Pandadoc allows us to generate a full list of documentation that clients need to fill in and/or sign without ever worrying about data loss or image quality loss, and it allows us to send these documents quickly and securely.

Pros

Pandadoc is absurdly robust in terms of what kinds of documentation you can piece together from templates and send to a client fully customized with fields for the client to fill in and/or sign. It also ensures gorgeous clarity of the image so that legal documents can be as crisp as possible for filing purposes.

Cons

There is a lot of setup time involved, and the more fields you need filled in per page, the more time it takes to get the document set up. It's still a lot faster than doing it by hand/email, but it can take a few hours out of your week if you need to update or add a document to your template pool.

Cheryl B.

Easy + Quick + Refreshing

Reviewed on 2015/07/27

Before I switched to PandaDoc, I was spending a lot of money on managing my online documents -- with software that was frustrating & difficult to use (despite being considered the industry leader). Sometimes, I would even skip the contract-signing part of my client intake process, just because I knew it was going to take so much time + cause headaches.

When it came time to renew my account, I instead started researching other options. PandaDoc had some great reviews, though it seemed like it was still fairly new on the scene.

I decided to do the Free Trial... and was hooked. Didn't need to look at any other options out there.

When I started using PandaDoc, I was amazed at how simple + quick + refreshing it was to use. I kept expecting it to get more difficult, like all the other document management software I'd used in the past. Even my team & clients are pleasantly surprised at how easy PandaDoc is compared to everything else they'd encountered.

(When I walked my virtual assistant through the process, she kept saying, "Wait, that's it?" and "That's all I have to do? That was too easy.")

Customer service is fantastic -- quick, friendly, & very knowledgable. (To be honest, though, I've only had one or two instances where I even needed help. Seriously. It's super easy to use.)

The only 2 places where I've seen people get a little confused are...

- Adding people to the "send to" list. They keep thinking that, once they type in the person's name or email, that person is automatically added, and they forget to click the "Add" button.

- When adding fields to documents (contracts specifically), it's easy to drag n' drop a field where you want it... But then it's not readily apparent how to get BACK to all the field options. (You have to click the word "Fields" up top, but it doesn't necessarily look clickable or obvious. Maybe a tiny change to "< Back to Fields" would make that easier?)

So far, I've only used PandaDoc for my client contracts, but I'm sure I'll be exploring the rest of the options soon. Thanks so much for making something that human beings can use without a ton of frustration!

Helen H.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Working with multiple locations, this software gives me exactly what I need!

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Super easy to send out what I need and love seeing what time to the customer viewed, signed, and paid the document.

Pros

Super easy! It only takes a view seconds to send out an agreement. Everything is already set up in a template and all I have to do is fill in like 2 items. I also LOVE how I can see when the customer views it, signs it, and pays it. Also love how I can see how long they spent on each page and how many times they viewed it.

Cons

The only dislike I have is sometimes I don't get replies from the customer to the email with the document (hopefully that makes sense). No problem at all though! I just send an email and say not to reply to that one, but my work email. Super easy.

Makes what used to take hours only take minutes and in a much more controlled way.

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

It makes using templates, creating templates and standardizing things so much easier. Helps immensely with consistency and has a lot of functionality which is awesome. I work with both our sales team and our clearance and acquisition team (licensing) and it works well for both purposes.

Cons

Sometimes its functionality is limited - would like to see the ability to move whole folders like in Windows Explorer and would like the ability to combine two templates into one document or to put a whole template into the content library to allow it to be added in one fell swoop to another document/template. Wish there were more way to protect templates from people on the team being able to change them.

Aviva R.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great Pipedrive integration, better experience than Docusign

Reviewed on 2019/08/25

Overall, the customer success team has been very responsive, and PandaDoc keeps rolling out new products to improve their offerings. I definitely prefer this to uploading a PDF to Docusign - the fact that it syncs with Pipedrive, and offers an easy Slack integration are both enormously helpful.

Pros

We had previously built our own hacked together proposal automation system using Zapier, Google Docs, and Pipedrive's open APIs. This has simplified things so much - now, whenever a customer requests a proposal or contract, we can very easily turn out a customized document to send over for their exact use case.

I also like that unlike sending PDFs, PandaDoc gives you real analytics around when people viewed the document and what pages they read - this has helped us improve our proposals overall.

Cons

The template features - especially the word processing ones - could still use a bit more work. For example, for contracts, you can't use easily use an automated outline format (I., A. 1.) and sometimes the bullet points/numbering systems they do have can be a bit buggy.

Emmarose D.

Panda Doc

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

Panda doc has made our business run much smoother. We use it for sales agreements and can be signed off on in less than 5 minutes. Additionally, it saves so much paper.

Pros

Panda Doc expedites the process for signing off on our custom products. It also integrates with Stripe and makes processing deposits extremely easy. I use Panda Doc every day and love it.

Cons

There are very few things i dislike about Panda Doc. The only one that currently comes to mind is that, when selecting items that are optional, the block has to be clicked on to be activated and then the options can be selected. This sometimes leads to clients being confused or missing options they wanted.

Sofoklis G.

A great product for automating work flows

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Pros

We have been using PandaDoc for over a year and a half and we are truly satisfied with its features. We have automated the internal and external processes for the creation of quotations and proposals based on the content library and the templates creation features. Also, it offers an easy way to get electronic signatures for documents and agreements. What we like most is the ease of use. We highly recommend it!

Cons

We find PandaDoc slow to load sometimes or when downloading a document. Also, the pricing table is pretty restrictive. Other than these, we do not have any other issues or concerns.

Brian M.

PandaDoc - From the admin perspective

Reviewed on 2016/12/13

PandaDoc is a great company to do business with. They listen to your needs and even helped us built a custom integration. Very happy with the service and responsiveness. When we first launched with them the product seemed very young, lots of features to get built out. Now, the features continue to roll out and our lives just get easier and easier. Love them, would recommend them for anyone, especially for custom solutions as they were one of the few companies who were even interested. Our reps are the best.

Pros

Flexible, I really like the templates and tokens. We are able to pass data from systems right into the docs.

Cons

Recently, not much besides we are stuck with some pandadoc branding for emails etc...

David K.

Great Product and a huge help to our business

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

It's a fantastic SAAS solution for Small and Mid sized business. The ease of use and he functionality offered are fantastic and in general has made our company more efficient in our operational processes.

Cons

They could update the software slightly faster, some basic functionalities that have been missing for years and recently we have felt the software very slow . Also the quality of the Customer service is sometimes lacking!

Matthew J.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Could Be Great With A Few Tweaks

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

I am able to send the quantity I need without any additional payments to PandaDoc.

Pros

The annual price is better than other competitors by a long shot. Can also send unlimited documents which is what we need since I send a lot of contracts.

Cons

1. The mobile cell phone signing feature is called"In Person Signing" which is not really very clear to the people I send documents to

2. Using an iOS device the mobile signature feature is flawed, many kinks that need to be worked out. Currently it is confusing to people how to actually sign from a cell phone. I put in a fixit request more than a month ago, they are supposedly working on it, but there has not been a fix as of today.

3. The input fields take longer to put in the document and assign to signers than competitors.

Kristen C.

Templates help with productivity and accuracy

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

I like the stored templates and pricing catalog feature the most. It helps store each item pricing so that we're consistent with pricing and accurate. We re-use templates a lot and it's nice not having to add in contact info for each quote.

Cons

The software can be slow at times. There are long pauses sometimes in between moving an item or table and inserting a new item, table or page break. It's also not always easy to select an object; my cursor sometimes selects the wrong item. Double-clicking an item to edit it can be slow as well.

Joseph J.

Excellent proposal software that gets us through every day

Reviewed on 2017/01/06

We moved over to PandaDoc and have been pleased with the difference! Though there are a few features that we would love to see added the platform as it is performs great and is very intuitive for most every user.

Pros

Ease of use for the lead to sign the document. Also how fast the proposal gets sent out when you hit "send".

Cons

The design editor of the proposal software is limited. We are a design agency and we would love to have the ability to customize the look and feel of the proposal more using custom code.

Nicolas C.

Awesome! but still missing some critical features

Reviewed on 2016/12/13

Pandadoc is awesome. Super easy to use and helped us a lot organizing the company general documentation, employee forms, sales templates, etc. Nonetheless, it's still missing some critical features like collaboration between users on a doc, cancelling already-sent doc without having to delete them, more editing capabilities on text and tables, among others.

Pros

easy to use

Cons

missing document collaboration between users

Amazing development team & support

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

The most amazing thing about this company is the responsiveness of their support and development team! I have been blown away by the service I have received anytime I reach out. Best of all, the company is constantly updating its' software based on customer feedback. Several of my requests have been implemented, which has made the product many more times useful for my team. You can't beat a company that adapts to its customers' needs!

Pros

PandaDoc has helped my team significantly reduce the turnaround time on customized documents like contracts, proposals, quotes, and invoices. It allows us to maintain the consistency and professionalism of our branded materials while still giving employees sufficient autonomy.

Cons

Sometimes the drag-and-drop builder can be finicky, but I believe this has more to do with the limitations of that technology rather than the PandaDoc software.

Dan B.

Panda Doc Review

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

Wonderful solution for our small business. I would like to see the ability to tab thru individual line items and "undo" entries. Other than these two things, it is fantastic.

Pros

User-friendly, customers have the ability to adjust document.

Cons

The inability to tab thru line items and the inability to "undo" mistakes.

Marius B.
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

PandaDoc represents the future

Reviewed on 2019/07/28

Pros

PandaDoc prioritizes convenience for it's users above all else and it shows. User-friendly interface ,simple procedures and seamless integration with other programs, make the progress easy ,even pleasant for both us and clients.

Cons

Confirmation emails always get delivered to junk folders and this can cause confusion with customers.

Joshua K.

It's made a world of difference in how we handle paperword and credentialing.

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Streamlined paperwork process.

Pros

In healthcare there's a plethora of different forms to be completed in order to stay compliant when working in a clinical setting. With PandaDocs, we've been able to streamline the process for a lot of that paperword and keep more of our nurses working with fewer interruptions.

Cons

There are definitely still some kinks to be worked out in terms of the initial set up of documents. In forms where there are many, many fields to be created, the start-up time investment can be quite intense and off-putting.

Amanda G.

Streamlined our proposal and contract process

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use after initial set up, the ease with which my templates and catalog can be edited, and the polished end product. It makes my proposal, sales and contracting process streamlined and cohesive.

Cons

I don't like that I can't share a link to a document when multiple people need to access the document unless I am at a level of service that is far too large for my company. It appears as though this was an add on service at one point, which I'd gladly pay for if it became available again.

Connor W.

Excellent software for creating templated forms and tracking opens / commenting.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Tracking documents, commenting, templating audits and proposals, digital signing.

Pros

Super easy to use and makes setting up beautiful forms a breeze. Adds professional style to my business. Great seeing when people view documents and the ability to comment directly in each one and keep them organized.

Cons

The biggest issue I've found is that there's no easy way to resize images in the forms. I'd love to be able to click and drag or enter dimensions to make my own custom image sizes for theming documents.