simPRO Reviews

simPRO

Stay one step ahead with simPRO.

4.4/5 (35 reviews)
Carl V.

The best software I ever got, been using a year and has transformed my business.

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

I have tried all of them and this is truly cloud based, it keep all my suppliers, customers, employees and subcontractors details in one place and tracks all reminders like contracts and certificates and suppliers insurances and training need.
The quoting system is the best we have used and it produces great looking quotes very easily.
Once you have secured a project costing a job from labour to materials and subcontractors is effortless. We use it for jobs from £75 to £5m and everyone in our business loves it.
It give you complete visibility on profit and costs.
We also use it to create all purchase orders, subcontract orders and everyone in the business does there time sheet on it, my payroll now takes 60 minutes as opposed most of the day.

We have saved more than the cost of this software in admin costs alone, the pricing model is great as you can kick off for just £70 per month.

We all invoice and raise progress applications on it and do all our debt collection.

We also manage our vehicle fleet, plant and have clients who log in to give us work and also monitor their assets we maintain.

It has a task feature which is average and we don't use it for project management as there are much better free online soltuions for Gantt charts etc.

It is very powerful and so will seem daunting for smaller companies And technophobes, but in reality I taught my 10 year old to use it in 5 mins.

I used Trimble before this.

Cons

Word processing could be slicker but there is an easy Work around.

Rest of bugs they have resolved, it gets constant updates and upgrades.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi Carl, wow! Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. We¿re so happy to see just how much our business has helped you, and how satisfied you are with our service. With regards to your comments on Word processing, feel free to contact our support team on 0800 622 6376 if you require assistance, otherwise, please don¿t hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (which can be found at http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm) to put your suggestions in about how we could improve! From, Team simPRO.

John S.

SimPro has made my life much easier in securing new business. Everything I require is right there.

Reviewed on 2018/04/06

Increased sales. Better organizing of prospects, jobs and client needs.

Pros

The system is very user friendly. I am able to log in all my prospects and keep an accurate record of all contacts, calls made emails sent and received. Attachments for all documents at your fingertips. Since many of my prospects have multiple sites, I can list each site with on-premises contacts for our scheduling and operations department. Nothing falls through the cracks. The training and assistance from the SimPro Staff is magnificent. SimPro professionals are outstanding. They conducted the training and made certain our team was comfortable with SimPro before leaving. For those of us who have basic technological skills, the help I received from SimPro is amazing. This is the type of staff who connects with me just to, "say hello and how are things going?" This is not too common in today's business environment. Clients are thrilled that during a meeting I can pull up Simpro and provide answers to all their questions. I recommend SimPro to anyone who is looking for a user friendly CRM that works.

Cons

I had to keep remembering to hit the save button following data input. Also, I had a bad habit of hitting the back key instead of cancel. Once I got over these it was smooth sailing.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there John, we are so glad to hear that simPRO has made such an impact on your and your business. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve, please head on over to our Ideas Portal (http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm) to send us your advice.

From, Team simPRO.

Justin S.

Great experience overall! Amazing staff, especially training and support team!

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

Unlike a lot of other job management software we looked at, simPRO offers in-person training and live US support. The software itself is robust and offers plenty of functionality for our painting business, but it really comes down to the training and continued support. We looked at some cheaper options, and although training was an additional expense, it was worth every penny. Without the training, we would have been lost and unable to use the software. The trainers are great and keep training light and are knowledgeable business consultants. Highly recommend!!!

Cons

The user interface and dashboard are a bit dated, but I know the development team is working on updating in the future. Other than that, no complaints! SimPRO runs our whole painting business operations and workflows.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi Justin, thank you for your review. We¿re always happy to see businesses take advantage of our training and support, and even happier when it leaves them feeling confident and satisfied. If you¿ve got any suggestions for further development and improvement of our product, please don¿t hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (which can be found at: http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/Welcome.htm). As always, we appreciate the feedback!

Team simPRO

Fantastic, business has been able to grow with zero additional admin cost.

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Too many benefits to outline. it has helped us streamline our business and really push forward. I cant recommend simPRO enough. Now that more features are being developed it is getting stronger and stronger,

Pros

The system is user-friendly and very easy to navigate.

They have a great support team that are always available. An open API has allowed us to link the system with other software like Xero, Ground Plan and especially Allsaved Mobile.

Cons

The schedule needs work.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there, thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear that our service is helping you to improve your business, and glad to hear that you are satisfied with our solutions! With regards to your suggestions for improvement, please do not hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (which can be found at http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm) to lodge your suggestions! We really value our customer¿s ideas and contributions. From, Team simPRO

Michael S.

Great productivity tool for dispatch and tracking

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

Pros

Our company was growing and we began looking for software to track and manage our field technicians. We tried out many different softwares on the market. As soon as we tried SimPro we knew it was the software for us. We've been using this software since 2015 and it has streamlined our scheduling, dispatch, and invoicing. Additionally, it allows live tracking of technicians.

After technician completes the job, there is no paperwork to deal with and all the information is synced to our office immediately.

Cons

While SimPro has a great staff and video tutorials that will help train you, it is a robust software and has many features that will take some time to learn.

Richard C.

Transformational. Easily the most impressive application I've come across in recent years.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/01/11

I am actively recommending simPro across my newtork of trusted partners.

Pros

The coherent integration of capabilities ' functionality across the full E2E process, from: initial customer contact; through estimating; execution (delivery); invoicing; seamless integration with Xero.

Optimises workflow ' scheduling; reduces cost; reduces risk (audit trail; H'S); removes paper; removes duplication; increases transparency across the business; improves return on all assets ' resources (inventory; vehicles; skilled technicians).

Love that it enables a large 'estate' of technical (installed) assets / equipment (v high value) to be managed, and scheduled for an ongoing programme of maintenance - is a huge value add for a technical service contractor to be able to offer this to an 'end-customer', who often has no means of effectively managing own asset register / 'estate'.

Powerful MI to model, refine ' improve profitability job by job; by line of business.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there Richard, thank you so much for the kind feedback. It is great to hear that we are providing you with a service that is beneficial to your business and your staff! It¿s also great to hear that you are referring our service to your network. From, Team simPRO

Jaron R.

SimPro has greatly improved our invoicing and estimating capabilities.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

If there is one thing, to say, I like most about SimPro, it would have to be the ability to quote, create a scheduled job, and invoice that Job all in a matter of minutes compared to hand typing everything over and over again, or losing track of time. It's just simple.

Cons

There are minor things about SimPro that could use work, but overall there is nothing I can say I like least about the software.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Jaron, we¿re glad to hear our product has helped you to speed up your general admin time! We noticed that you referenced a few minor opportunities for improvement; any ideas or suggestions that you have are more than welcome to be contributed through our Ideas Portal (http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm). We invite you to head on over there when you can and input some of your advice.

Sergi P.

Best project/working orders software

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

SimPRO takes care of everything on the day to day of any project-oriented or and working order/repairs cycle.

Cons

Not super easy to use but they have a good training team. There are a lot of functionality that you will need to know. A good training process is a must.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Sergi, thanks for the 5 stars! We¿re glad to hear you¿re taking advantage of our training and support that we offer with regards to learning how the program works with your business. We know it can seem a bit overwhelming, so if you have any new questions or concerns, please don¿t hesitate to contact our customer support team who will help you further.

Steve B.

Good software but very unflexible

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/03/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Initial sales presentation was very good, .... the training was in depth and again good. But once we had finished the training and trying to set up the system ourselves the software is far far too complex and producing the results we want seems impossible. We genuinely feel we have been sold the software and left with it. Would i recommend this product absolutely not.

Advice to any potential new customers, see exactly what you want the software to do and how it will work/look. Don't take the salesmans word it will do it. Trust me, it probably won't

Pros

The software has the potential to be very good but ....

Cons

... the forms are utterly inflexible and customer support is absolutely terrible. Communication from my so called account manager is non existent even though i have spoken to him and he knows we are having issues. I really am utterly disappointing in this product and the company. We have invested thousands of pounds and countless hours trying to set up the system, as they promise so much, but in reality they have delivered very little, and certainly for us, an unusable system. Even after we told SimPro we are considering cancelling our monthly contract we still didn't hear from our account manager or anyone else. Is this what they call customer care ?? .... or maybe its customer don't care.

1.0/10
Guy E.

A perfect job costing and project management system for trades and the construction industry

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

SimPro is a large feature-packed system, so the learning curve is quite steep - to SimPro's credit they have a very well designed extensive training process, which covered everything.

Pros

The project costings, scheduling and industry-specific features such as, CIS, supplier catalogs and asset management - makes it the ideal software for SMEs in this space. It's also the most comprehensive job costings app for Xero and QBO.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Guy, thanks for your kind words, we¿re glad to hear that our features make us a useful and powerful tool for service businesses. As always, our support are there to help you with any issues in learning and training, and are happy to lead you in the right direction to ensure you are getting the most out of our service. From, Team simPRO

Lori M.

Best overall Service/Project Software on the Market

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

It has saved us money overall by bringing all employees into the same software program eliminating unnecessary phone calls and conversations internally to determine job status, order status, etc. Customer service is amazing from the training, hand holding during implementation and customer support after the sale. simPRO believes in relationships with their clients. They don't sell you then disappear.

Pros

simPRO allowed us to bring all of our employees together into one software package from lead to quote to job management to invoicing and receiving payments. It even tracks field personnel time. This allowed us to cancel several other software programs that we were using and got everybody on the same page saving time which saves money.

Cons

It takes some time to learn all the nuances of the program to become fluent in "simPROese".

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there Lori. Great to hear feedback from you, and to hear that you, and your business, are happy with the service that we provide. As always, if you require ongoing support with simPRO¿s solutions, we encourage you to contact your local Support Team to voice your feedback so we can assist. For our contact details, follow this link and scroll to the bottom of the page for our contact information across the globe: http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/Welcome.htm From Team simPRO

Frank B.

Excellent software and customer support

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

Pros

How much money it saves me. The level of efficiency and production I have because of simPRO is remarkable. The software is used be everyone in my office.

Cons

I was looking for a complete software solution for a while before I found simPRO. The only con is that they didn't come to the US sooner.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there Frank, wow! Thanks so much for your kind words. We appreciate any and all comments from customers, it just makes it that much more special when they're from someone who is happy and satisfied with our service.

Priya B.

Streamlined CRM/Fleet Management

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

SimPro is a vast improvement over our previous legacy software. The support and training at the start was helpful in lessening the chaos that comes with making such a huge transition. It is perfect for certain service industries, such as electricians, general contractors, etc.

Pros

Ease of finding available appointments.

Cons

Inability to add important notes to contact record

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there Priya! We are so excited to hear that you are so happy with our product. Regarding your suggestion for improvements we¿d like to direct you to submit it through the simPRO Ideas Portal, which can be found here: http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm If you have any other concerns or issues with your product please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a great day! From, Team simPRO.

Pauline M.

This product is transparent and very easy to use, so much support is available.

Reviewed on 2017/07/24

Being able to record, trace and update all invoices, stock movements and payments etc

Pros

Every thing is traceable, if you make a mistake you can easily fix it, being able to import and export information via csv files is time saving, it is a great compliment to Xero software

Cons

I would like to be able to go back a screen by pressing the back arrow. It would be good to be able to copy & paste jobs and cost centres when scheduling staff timesheets

Paul H.

Great for tracking jobs

Reviewed on 2017/11/08

Pros

Easy to use lots of time-saving features , Staff learn very quickly .
Great for sending customers reports / photos

Cons

Some days it runs a bit slow have to wait for jobs to update ,need to have a good internet connection

Pascale O.

Simplified work flow.

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Pros

I like the functionality of the quotes and cost centers. It make the estimate easier to understand.

Cons

I would like to have more flexibility in the design of the page layouts. Currently the software is very limited.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Pascale,

It¿s great to hear that we have made your estimating systems easier. With regards to your suggestions for the page layouts, please don't hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm) where you can send your advice to our team directly. As always, we appreciate the feedback!

From, Team simPRO.

Andrea L.

We have been able to increase staffing numbers and turn over without increase admin

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

Pros

Its easy to use, our staff can use it on the road. we can invoice same day. We can import supplier invoices directly into our cost centre

Lisa F.

simPRO is a great tool.

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Pros

I have found simPRO to be a very easy to use program. All our needs are looked after with the one product.

Kristin D.

Robust Software with Outstanding Customer Support!

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

Great for Flat Rate or Time & Materials, or both! Great equipment tracking, inventory tracking, allows custom fields, setup has a lot of choices to fit your needs, Great on-boarding and training team, Very user friendly, easy to navigate. Highly recommend.

Cons

I think with any software change, there is a lot of time spent up front in setting up. Plan on taking time to get setup and know that once you lay a great foundation, it will be well worth it.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Kristin!

Anthony G.

Simpro is basic and clunky

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Pros

It works for very basic things, and if you are a very basic user or currently incredibly disorganised it might be able to help you.

Cons

It is very clunky. The basics do not work well, and they keep adding functionality that seem unneeded and frankly odd. It will leave you disappointed at the core inflexibility.

Even with a huge amount of feedback to this effect, meaningful improvements are never made.

Get used to using workarounds.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Anthony! Thanks for your review, we¿re really glad to hear you¿re liking our solutions. If you do have any questions or concerns at any point, please do not hesitate to contact your national simPRO Customer Success team, or head to our helpguide which is designed to answer any and all simPRO questions. It can be found at: http://helpdesk.simprogroup.com/.

2.0/10
David H.

Shaffer Co Experience

Reviewed on 2018/08/13

SimPRO are professionals that understand my business and what't needed to run it.

Pros

Data visibility end-to-end...from leads to invoicing.

Cons

Flexibility of forms...could make use of customization.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi David, thanks so much for your review, customer feedback is greatly appreciated here at simPRO! Regarding your suggestion for improvement in forms, we have actually just released a new solution for simPRO Enterprise users called Form Builder! It provides comprehensive document editing capabilities and gives you more control over the appearance of your quotes. You can learn more about Form Builder here: https://www.simprogroup.com/blog/form-builder-release Alternatively if you have any other feedback to give, please contact your closest simPRO Customer Success team to speak with one of your customer service staff, their contact details can be found here: http://helpdesk.simprogroup.com/ Have a great day! From, Team simPRO

Megan B.

Good support. Good functionality. Easy integration with Qbo

Reviewed on 2017/06/16

Pros

Easy to schedule my Service jobs and recurring jobs. Invoicing takes no time at all. Quotes are easy.

Cons

Inventory management is difficult in my business. Also forgot to hit save a few times and lost my quote. Learnt that lesson!

Response from simPRO Group

Thanks for the feedback Megan! Please let us know if you'd like our Customer Success team to work with you to see if we can make inventory management smoother for your business.

Jarey S.

Streamlining our process

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

I can leave town and still keep an eye on jobs, billing and progress. I can approve jobs, make modifications by just logging in from anywhere. The time it takes to do a task of my staff and myself has been reduced tremendously.
Finding a client file vs just looking it up in simPRO is huge time saver!

Pros

Saving of Staff time, less paperwork, easier to find info on clients quickly. Also the log of every event from who created a job, to notes from a phone call. Makes it easy to look at timeline.

Cons

Not being able to share attatchments within software from office to field level without going outside of software. Not being able to modify inventory on completed invoice.
Trainers were great, but they were not familiar with my industry.

Dede S.

SimPRO the week after launch

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

A major benefit is not having to search through 5 different computer programs and a paper file to get information for one customer. That in itself saves time. Not to mention the time saved not having to file the paperwork away.

An added bonus is the history log. It provides a level of accountability.

Pros

We like the most: the efficiencies available, log history & time stamping, and that we have combined all departments-computer programs-filing-work flow into one software.

Cons

We like the least: the time it takes to transfer data from SimPRO to Quickbooks. I have to do all customers individually / manually in order to keep my computer from freezing. Then I can send over invoices and payments at once.

David O.

We have been very pleased with the performance and service provided by SimPro.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/01/13

Pros

An extremely customisable tool which can be tailored to fit each business's requirements. It's modular design means you can build in as little or as much as you need.

Cons

It is a complex tool to set up at the start but that's why SimPro always support your implementation in the first week as part of the package.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there David, thanks so much for your feedback, as always we appreciate it! Please don¿t hesitate to contact us if you require further training or support when using our product, we are always here to help.