simPRO Reviews

simPRO

Streamline operations. Increase profits. Grow your business.

4.4/5 (51 reviews)
Tyler B.

Great Product for SMB

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

It is pretty good. The support improved with the transition from Australia to local US support. Things have sort of gone backward since rep left though and now the support isn't the same and I really believe that a lot of it has to do with the fact that rep had done so many implementations that he knew the different ways to skin the cat to achieve implementation objectives.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, easy to scale up and down with the software.

Cons

I hate the fact that I cannot remove the ability by security group to download whatever is on the screen. This is a huge data info/sec problem. For a business product I should have the ability to limit employee's ability to download a CSV file from any screen effectively handing out my pipeline, customer list, etc to whomever they want. There should be some control for this and this is almost to the point where the product is unusable because of security requirements we have from our own customers.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi Tyler, thanks for your feedback! We have contacted our US Customer Success team about your concern, and someone will be in contact with you to work through this. If there is anything else you need, please visit the simPRO Helpdesk (https://helpdesk.simprogroup.com/) to speak with Customer Support via phone or chats, or to access the Help Guide resources.

Wesley B.

This system works perfect for our business

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

1 - Sales Guy : I'm super happy that rep came out to help me sell this software to the owners of my company. We had an awesome chat and he supported me time and time again. We did face difficulties in some parts of the implementation, but rep did an awesome job of feidling my questions and providing answers.
2 - Onsite Phase 1: We feel entirely honored that we had the opportunity to be brought into this system with our on-site trainer. He has been with simPRO for quite some time and has a lot of great experience. The solutions he delivered to us in our routine were exactly what we needed to progress.
3 - Support: Everyone on my team loves the fact that we can call and bug someone about this software and we are welcomed to do so. The support staff are happy to answer questions, they make me feel like they are literally on my team whenever I have questions. We both look our current system and find the exact solution to whatever issue I have had.

Pros

I am able to customize and report on about pretty much everything I could possibly desire. We are all very happy with the way this system handles assets, we will be able to move our entire previous work history into these notes as it pertains to site location. We don't really care who owns the property. Our service life is about 10 years, it is very normal that owners change. This system organizes information perfectly to suite our needs.

Cons

We had a very unique QuickBooks system that had many quirks. I am a troubleshooter by heart and couldn't rest until we discovered a way to take the info kept in QuickBooks and bring it to simPRO. Ultimately, this was discovered to be double duty and not worth the effort. In the defense of simPRO - they did advise me that this was the case. I was very stubborn. Looking back on that experience it definitely went as well as it possibly could considering how much I was 'addicted' to that information. It did turn out that the route of not importing that work history, due to its complexity, was the right decision.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi Wesley,
Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that simPRO is suiting your business needs. If you need any additional assistance, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support team.

Carl V.

The best software I ever got, been using a year and has transformed my business.

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

I have tried all of them and this is truly cloud based, it keep all my suppliers, customers, employees and subcontractors details in one place and tracks all reminders like contracts and certificates and suppliers insurances and training need.
The quoting system is the best we have used and it produces great looking quotes very easily.
Once you have secured a project costing a job from labour to materials and subcontractors is effortless. We use it for jobs from £75 to £5m and everyone in our business loves it.
It give you complete visibility on profit and costs.
We also use it to create all purchase orders, subcontract orders and everyone in the business does there time sheet on it, my payroll now takes 60 minutes as opposed most of the day.

We have saved more than the cost of this software in admin costs alone, the pricing model is great as you can kick off for just £70 per month.

We all invoice and raise progress applications on it and do all our debt collection.

We also manage our vehicle fleet, plant and have clients who log in to give us work and also monitor their assets we maintain.

It has a task feature which is average and we don't use it for project management as there are much better free online soltuions for Gantt charts etc.

It is very powerful and so will seem daunting for smaller companies And technophobes, but in reality I taught my 10 year old to use it in 5 mins.

I used Trimble before this.

Cons

Word processing could be slicker but there is an easy Work around.

Rest of bugs they have resolved, it gets constant updates and upgrades.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi Carl, wow! Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. We¿re so happy to see just how much our business has helped you, and how satisfied you are with our service. With regards to your comments on Word processing, feel free to contact our support team on 0800 622 6376 if you require assistance, otherwise, please don¿t hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (which can be found at http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm) to put your suggestions in about how we could improve! From, Team simPRO.

Nicola D.

Right From the Beginning!

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

As I said above, we were one of the first Canadian users - and simPRO did not yet have it's US presence. They were so accommodating - they would come in to work early and catch us at the end of our days. Even with the time difference, they did everything in their power to make our implementation go smoothly. And immediately after we went live, they were attentive to our change requests.

Pros

simPRO Enterprise is functional! And improving all the time. It's quick to load and easy to navigate. Now, this may be because we were one of the first to use it in Canada, but the level of customer service and attention to the users requests throughout our set up and subsequent upgrades has been amazing.

Cons

I would say, it has a learning curve - but if your implementation team are on the ball - you'll be ok!

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Nicola! Thanks for your review. We're so glad to hear that our Implementation Consultants were able to get your business up and running smoothly on simPRO. If you ever need additional help in simPRO, reach out to our Customer Support team or visit the simPRO Help Guide: https://helpguide.simprogroup.com.

John S.

SimPro has made my life much easier in securing new business. Everything I require is right there.

Reviewed on 2018/04/06

Increased sales. Better organizing of prospects, jobs and client needs.

Pros

The system is very user friendly. I am able to log in all my prospects and keep an accurate record of all contacts, calls made emails sent and received. Attachments for all documents at your fingertips. Since many of my prospects have multiple sites, I can list each site with on-premises contacts for our scheduling and operations department. Nothing falls through the cracks. The training and assistance from the SimPro Staff is magnificent. SimPro professionals are outstanding. They conducted the training and made certain our team was comfortable with SimPro before leaving. For those of us who have basic technological skills, the help I received from SimPro is amazing. This is the type of staff who connects with me just to, "say hello and how are things going?" This is not too common in today's business environment. Clients are thrilled that during a meeting I can pull up Simpro and provide answers to all their questions. I recommend SimPro to anyone who is looking for a user friendly CRM that works.

Cons

I had to keep remembering to hit the save button following data input. Also, I had a bad habit of hitting the back key instead of cancel. Once I got over these it was smooth sailing.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there John, we are so glad to hear that simPRO has made such an impact on your and your business. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve, please head on over to our Ideas Portal (http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm) to send us your advice.

From, Team simPRO.

Dan S.

Excellent software to run our business!

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

This is a great software that we will be using for a long time!

Pros

Customer support is always available when we need them and extremely easy to work with. SimPro software has extensive features to grow with our business. It is an all-in-one solution for us and eliminated the need for complex integrations.

Cons

Setup took some time and implementing required a lot of tweaks to the setup. But, with the amount of features we are utilizing it was to be expected. It also really helped to have a Simpro implementation specialist onsite during the process. Much better than trying to do it remotely like we have with previous software.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Dan! Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that both our Customer Support and our software features have been helpful for your business. If you ever need additional guidance in simPRO, be sure to visit the simPRO Help Guide: https://helpguide.simprogroup.com

Carl U.

Growth, Development &

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Bring CRM, quote management, inventory, service & billing has been a benefit that cannot be overstated! We've grown with the SimPro product & the team has been so receptive to our needs. Bringing customer service to the US has reduced the wait time & ability to address issues by 90% (not to mention the familiarity of speaking the same language)!

Pros

SimPro has helped our bottom line grow & grow & brings many departments into 1 platform!

Cons

Items like customer contacts & customer setup require multiple data entries. Quote forms needs higher level of editing to produce a pleasing, eye-catching aesthetic presentation form.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi Carl, thanks for taking the time to review simPRO! We appreciate your feedback. Feel free to submit your ideas in regards to custom Quotes to the Ideas Portal (go to "Help > "Suggest an Idea" in your simPRO build). Our dedicated product development team uses customer suggestions to regularly enhance simPRO features.

Jarey S.

Streamlining our process

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

I can leave town and still keep an eye on jobs, billing and progress. I can approve jobs, make modifications by just logging in from anywhere. The time it takes to do a task of my staff and myself has been reduced tremendously.
Finding a client file vs just looking it up in simPRO is huge time saver!

Pros

Saving of Staff time, less paperwork, easier to find info on clients quickly. Also the log of every event from who created a job, to notes from a phone call. Makes it easy to look at timeline.

Cons

Not being able to share attatchments within software from office to field level without going outside of software. Not being able to modify inventory on completed invoice.
Trainers were great, but they were not familiar with my industry.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi Jarey, thank you for taking the time to review simPRO! We're glad to hear that simPRO is helping you save time in your daily operations. If you need any additional help with attachments, invoicing, or other simPRO features, please refer to the simPRO helpdesk: https://helpdesk.simprogroup.com.

Justin S.

Great experience overall! Amazing staff, especially training and support team!

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

Unlike a lot of other job management software we looked at, simPRO offers in-person training and live US support. The software itself is robust and offers plenty of functionality for our painting business, but it really comes down to the training and continued support. We looked at some cheaper options, and although training was an additional expense, it was worth every penny. Without the training, we would have been lost and unable to use the software. The trainers are great and keep training light and are knowledgeable business consultants. Highly recommend!!!

Cons

The user interface and dashboard are a bit dated, but I know the development team is working on updating in the future. Other than that, no complaints! SimPRO runs our whole painting business operations and workflows.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi Justin, thank you for your review. We¿re always happy to see businesses take advantage of our training and support, and even happier when it leaves them feeling confident and satisfied. If you¿ve got any suggestions for further development and improvement of our product, please don¿t hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (which can be found at: http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/Welcome.htm). As always, we appreciate the feedback!

Team simPRO

Fantastic, business has been able to grow with zero additional admin cost.

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Too many benefits to outline. it has helped us streamline our business and really push forward. I cant recommend simPRO enough. Now that more features are being developed it is getting stronger and stronger,

Pros

The system is user-friendly and very easy to navigate.

They have a great support team that are always available. An open API has allowed us to link the system with other software like Xero, Ground Plan and especially Allsaved Mobile.

Cons

The schedule needs work.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there, thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear that our service is helping you to improve your business, and glad to hear that you are satisfied with our solutions! With regards to your suggestions for improvement, please do not hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (which can be found at http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm) to lodge your suggestions! We really value our customer¿s ideas and contributions. From, Team simPRO

Michael S.

Great productivity tool for dispatch and tracking

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

Pros

Our company was growing and we began looking for software to track and manage our field technicians. We tried out many different softwares on the market. As soon as we tried SimPro we knew it was the software for us. We've been using this software since 2015 and it has streamlined our scheduling, dispatch, and invoicing. Additionally, it allows live tracking of technicians.

After technician completes the job, there is no paperwork to deal with and all the information is synced to our office immediately.

Cons

While SimPro has a great staff and video tutorials that will help train you, it is a robust software and has many features that will take some time to learn.

Richard C.

Transformational. Easily the most impressive application I've come across in recent years.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/01/11

I am actively recommending simPro across my newtork of trusted partners.

Pros

The coherent integration of capabilities ' functionality across the full E2E process, from: initial customer contact; through estimating; execution (delivery); invoicing; seamless integration with Xero.

Optimises workflow ' scheduling; reduces cost; reduces risk (audit trail; H'S); removes paper; removes duplication; increases transparency across the business; improves return on all assets ' resources (inventory; vehicles; skilled technicians).

Love that it enables a large 'estate' of technical (installed) assets / equipment (v high value) to be managed, and scheduled for an ongoing programme of maintenance - is a huge value add for a technical service contractor to be able to offer this to an 'end-customer', who often has no means of effectively managing own asset register / 'estate'.

Powerful MI to model, refine ' improve profitability job by job; by line of business.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there Richard, thank you so much for the kind feedback. It is great to hear that we are providing you with a service that is beneficial to your business and your staff! It¿s also great to hear that you are referring our service to your network. From, Team simPRO

Jaron R.

SimPro has greatly improved our invoicing and estimating capabilities.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

If there is one thing, to say, I like most about SimPro, it would have to be the ability to quote, create a scheduled job, and invoice that Job all in a matter of minutes compared to hand typing everything over and over again, or losing track of time. It's just simple.

Cons

There are minor things about SimPro that could use work, but overall there is nothing I can say I like least about the software.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Jaron, we¿re glad to hear our product has helped you to speed up your general admin time! We noticed that you referenced a few minor opportunities for improvement; any ideas or suggestions that you have are more than welcome to be contributed through our Ideas Portal (http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm). We invite you to head on over there when you can and input some of your advice.

Sergi P.

Best project/working orders software

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

SimPRO takes care of everything on the day to day of any project-oriented or and working order/repairs cycle.

Cons

Not super easy to use but they have a good training team. There are a lot of functionality that you will need to know. A good training process is a must.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Sergi, thanks for the 5 stars! We¿re glad to hear you¿re taking advantage of our training and support that we offer with regards to learning how the program works with your business. We know it can seem a bit overwhelming, so if you have any new questions or concerns, please don¿t hesitate to contact our customer support team who will help you further.

Team simPRO.

Steve B.

Good software but very unflexible

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/03/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Initial sales presentation was very good, .... the training was in depth and again good. But once we had finished the training and trying to set up the system ourselves the software is far far too complex and producing the results we want seems impossible. We genuinely feel we have been sold the software and left with it. Would i recommend this product absolutely not.

Advice to any potential new customers, see exactly what you want the software to do and how it will work/look. Don't take the salesmans word it will do it. Trust me, it probably won't

Pros

The software has the potential to be very good but ....

Cons

... the forms are utterly inflexible and customer support is absolutely terrible. Communication from my so called account manager is non existent even though i have spoken to him and he knows we are having issues. I really am utterly disappointing in this product and the company. We have invested thousands of pounds and countless hours trying to set up the system, as they promise so much, but in reality they have delivered very little, and certainly for us, an unusable system. Even after we told SimPro we are considering cancelling our monthly contract we still didn't hear from our account manager or anyone else. Is this what they call customer care ?? .... or maybe its customer don't care.

1.0/10
Guy E.

A perfect job costing and project management system for trades and the construction industry

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

SimPro is a large feature-packed system, so the learning curve is quite steep - to SimPro's credit they have a very well designed extensive training process, which covered everything.

Pros

The project costings, scheduling and industry-specific features such as, CIS, supplier catalogs and asset management - makes it the ideal software for SMEs in this space. It's also the most comprehensive job costings app for Xero and QBO.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Guy, thanks for your kind words, we¿re glad to hear that our features make us a useful and powerful tool for service businesses. As always, our support are there to help you with any issues in learning and training, and are happy to lead you in the right direction to ensure you are getting the most out of our service. From, Team simPRO

Lesley D.

simPRO review

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Pros

Layout is easy to use. Able to customize invoices, etc. Tracks inventory.

Cons

Purchased the software and then almost immediately needed to upgrade to get the features we'd like.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Lesley, thank you for your feedback! If you ever need additional assistance, reach out to our Customer Support team or visit the simPRO Help Guide: https://helpguide.simprogroup.com.

Lori M.

Best overall Service/Project Software on the Market

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

It has saved us money overall by bringing all employees into the same software program eliminating unnecessary phone calls and conversations internally to determine job status, order status, etc. Customer service is amazing from the training, hand holding during implementation and customer support after the sale. simPRO believes in relationships with their clients. They don't sell you then disappear.

Pros

simPRO allowed us to bring all of our employees together into one software package from lead to quote to job management to invoicing and receiving payments. It even tracks field personnel time. This allowed us to cancel several other software programs that we were using and got everybody on the same page saving time which saves money.

Cons

It takes some time to learn all the nuances of the program to become fluent in "simPROese".

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there Lori. Great to hear feedback from you, and to hear that you, and your business, are happy with the service that we provide. As always, if you require ongoing support with simPRO¿s solutions, we encourage you to contact your local Support Team to voice your feedback so we can assist. For our contact details, follow this link and scroll to the bottom of the page for our contact information across the globe: http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/Welcome.htm From Team simPRO

Frank B.

Excellent software and customer support

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

Pros

How much money it saves me. The level of efficiency and production I have because of simPRO is remarkable. The software is used be everyone in my office.

Cons

I was looking for a complete software solution for a while before I found simPRO. The only con is that they didn't come to the US sooner.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there Frank, wow! Thanks so much for your kind words. We appreciate any and all comments from customers, it just makes it that much more special when they're from someone who is happy and satisfied with our service.

Team simPRO.

Frank B.

simPRO makes money

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Great team and great support

Pros

My profit margins have significantly increased since implementation. The software is easy to use, intuitive and provides a universal platform for all employees to work from.

Cons

There is nothing I am not satisfied with

Response from simPRO Software

Hi Frank, thank you for your fantastic review! We're happy to hear that simPRO has been a success for your business.

Priya B.

Streamlined CRM/Fleet Management

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

SimPro is a vast improvement over our previous legacy software. The support and training at the start was helpful in lessening the chaos that comes with making such a huge transition. It is perfect for certain service industries, such as electricians, general contractors, etc.

Pros

Ease of finding available appointments.

Cons

Inability to add important notes to contact record

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there Priya! We are so excited to hear that you are so happy with our product. Regarding your suggestion for improvements we¿d like to direct you to submit it through the simPRO Ideas Portal, which can be found here: http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm If you have any other concerns or issues with your product please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a great day! From, Team simPRO.

Nicole P.

So many uses

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Pros

I love being able to integrate all the processes, from my technicians time, to purchase orders, to inventory tracking, and customer asset management. Simpro offers a robust system, with more features than we will probably ever be able to use.

Cons

As our company has grown, we have had to add several users, causing what was a reasonable price to be quite expensive now.
Technicians and sales app doesn't always cooperate especially in areas of poor cell service.

Pauline M.

This product is transparent and very easy to use, so much support is available.

Reviewed on 2017/07/24

Being able to record, trace and update all invoices, stock movements and payments etc

Pros

Every thing is traceable, if you make a mistake you can easily fix it, being able to import and export information via csv files is time saving, it is a great compliment to Xero software

Cons

I would like to be able to go back a screen by pressing the back arrow. It would be good to be able to copy & paste jobs and cost centres when scheduling staff timesheets

Paul H.

Great for tracking jobs

Reviewed on 2017/11/08

Pros

Easy to use lots of time-saving features , Staff learn very quickly .
Great for sending customers reports / photos

Cons

Some days it runs a bit slow have to wait for jobs to update ,need to have a good internet connection

Erik N.

Awesome

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

The best all in one software for tracking time and invoicing

Pros

The ability to schedule recurring jobs
The attachments of assets

Cons

I liked everything in the software
I Would like recurring po sent to vendor for parts for the recurring jobs

Response from simPRO Software

Hi Erik, thank you for your fantastic feedback, it's great to hear that are getting great results from simPRO! In regards to recurring POs, we recommend speaking with your local support team to find out how other simPRO clients are handling recurring PO's. You can find the details on the simPRO helpdesk - https://helpdesk.simprogroup.com/. simPRO's functionality is always growing and our clients play a major role in guiding the direction of our product development. Please share your idea in the Ideas Portal (go to "Help > Suggest and Idea" menu option in your simPRO solution) and vote on the ideas already submitted by other members of the community. We take suggestions seriously, and we have a dedicated development team monitoring and using these ideas to enhance the solution. Many thanks from Team simPRO!