Cvent Reviews

Cvent

Online software for event management & hospitality

4.5/5 (568 reviews)
Lindsay J.

Cven Event Management Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

We finally have a program where attendees can look over a webpage with all event info and register easily, so our attendee experience has definitely improved. We are also able to send auto follow up emails to all registered attendees allowing us to send registration confirmations, event reminders, cancellations, etc. which has allowed the planners to free up time to focus on executing the event itself rather than sending emails individually to each attendee. The reports also allow us to communicate registrations to our sales staff efficiently so they are aware at all times who is registered as they promote our events.

Pros

I have been using Cvent for over 2 years now and would recommend it to any company that is looking for a platform to manage events. We utilize it for event webpages, capturing attendee info, reporting, lead scoring for those that attend or participate at our events, OnArrival check in and the supplier network to source venues. There are many more functions of the program that can cater to your company needs and they continue to integrate with additional companies to help in having everything you need within 1 system. Cvent also released a new version of their program called FLEX which allows planners to design their own webages without being knowledged in HTML which has been a lifesaver!

Cons

I think because there are so many ways you can use the software, it takes a little time to figure out what exact configurations you need. It has been a trial and error in creating our events initially, but I think we are finally at a place where our team feels comfortable and confident with the platform and how we set up our events.

Stephanie C.

Robust tool for sending out RFPs, creating and managing event registrations, and proving ROI.

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

Pros

The RFP tool has made life so much easier when sourcing hotel and putting together proposals. Before cvent all of this was manual, now it is automated and you can review each hotel in one place before you source them. For the event management tool, there are just so many features and widgets that you can use for your events. If booking hotels the registration form can integrate with passkey so the attendee can reserve a room right away. It also integrates with our GDS to our air team has the most up to date requests in their system.
The On Arrival suite and the Crowd Compass app are huge time savers for large events. We used the On Arrival suite to check in attendees at a recent event, print their name badges, and confirm their optional activities all in one place and on average it took less than 5 minutes to do all of this. The Crowd Compass app was easy to set up and customize for each event and really streamlined the onsite process for our planners and attendees. I have used the app for a conference I attended as well as for events that I planned. Instead of printing out hundreds of pages (schedules, maps, surveys, so on...) for each person Crowd Compass houses everything an attendee needs. You can upload the event agenda, map of the conference center, you can send notifications about room changes or special pop up events, take real time polls/surveys, and network with the other event attendees through the app.

Cons

It is difficult to navigate and not very intuitive, I frequently find myself searching for the field I need or calling support because I have an issue I can't solve...and I have used the event management tool for over 3 years now, on a regular basis too! The travel module does not integrate well with the rest of the event management models. I am hoping that Flex will solve some of the issues but that will not be completed until Oct. 2018. Reporting is confusing, they offer so many report options which is great but finding the correct report is a challenge. You can create a custom report but again the types you choose from are not intuitive. For example, I recently had to create an air actual report so I chose the report type air actual; however with that report type certain features like airline and the record locator are not available (those fields seem kind of important when pulling a report about flight). I have to select the report type, air actual details, in order for those fields to show.

Emma B.

Best in Class Solution - Backed by the Best in Class Team

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

I inherited our Cvent account when I began at my job nearly 7 years ago and couldn't be more pleased with how much our partnership with them has grown. Through the years they continue to be searching for how to be better, more innovative, always on the look out for the next new thing; all while continuing to keep the focus of the customer top of mind. I am part of the Cvent Advocates program, spoke at the past 3 annual events, presented on dozens of webinars and fostered real friendships with the employees. Cvent feels like an extension of my team, rather than a product or service that we use. I couldn't imagine using a different partner, every so often we have done our due diligence and nothing holds a candle to what Cvent has to offer. If you are willing to put in a little bit of effort, Cvent and its team will match you tenfold and do everything in their power to help make you and your event a success. Thank you, Cvent, for making my job easier.

Pros

It continues to evolve, they don't just make an update and leave it sit for the next big update. Continuous evolution of the product makes it extremely user friendly and offer solutions to issues you didn't even know could be fixed.

Cons

There are parts of the software that do not do everything we would like; some customization and functionality. However, I am able to share my feedback directly with the team and more often than not, within a given amount of time they have placed that item on the road map and it's completed.

Sarahemily L.

CVent is both the most unique and innovative option for all your planning needs

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

Cvent is an incredible platform that, when utilized to its fullest, is a planner's dream. It is possible that you can use it for every step of your planning process starting with venue choice, through budgeting and marketing, and ending with full reporting and broadcasting. It also has multiple platforms built into it that allow your meetings to run smoothly. These include web applications for attendees, quick registration tools, and various ways to track your progress along the way. They also provide integration with their own tools as well as some tools your company/organization may already be using.
Throughout the entire process, CVent provides excellent customer support with check-ins that meet your needs/desires. If you'd like them to check in they will and they will also frequently review your account to find ways in which you can better utilize their assistance and products! If you'd rather have a hands-off approach, they're fine with that too.

Pros

I appreciate the many tools that exist within the Cvent system. It's truly remarkable that CVent can help you plan and successfully execute every moment from the first step onwards. They seem to have thought of everything!

Cons

I have found that since they are often attempting to 'do it all', the reporting options through Cvent can often be very cumbersome and leave you sifting through too many options. However, please keep in mind that, if you are lost, they will help!

Max M.

Full Featured Software To Run Events From Start To Finish

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

CVENT is great for running single or reoccurring events. If you have a lot of the same people coming, the system can remember them to make the process easier depending on how much personal info you collect. If you use other CVENT software, most of it can be linked to make it even easier to make everything seamless from event apps to on site check ins. Some admin items can be hard to find even after using it for a while because of the logic they use to choose what items are under what headings but not a huge issue. If you are using the software to host your event site, it's best if you can code it all because working with their design and coding team can be frustrating. Customer support is very quick to respond and resolve issues but make sure you contact your account manager and general support just in case your account manager is unavailable at the time.

Pros

The integration start to finish can cover anything you need for an event. The software is very robust to allow you to customize for almost any scenario. Registration options are very good for multiple registrations and easy to modify or switch. Customer service is very helpful when you need it.

Cons

Along with the robustness of the software, certain quirks come with it. Some events have a lot of repetitive tasks you have to complete to get it all working properly and some items are hard to find.

Overall, Cvent has been a great tool for our team and I can't imagine our jobs without it.

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

hours of time saved, real-time data upkeep, travel integration, etc.

Pros

The Cvent software is a data gold mine. The days of manually updating/manipulating spreadsheets are long gone and it can all be done simultaneously in Cvent. It has saved our team hundreds of hours of work.

Cons

One of the things I like least about Cvent is their pricing structure. There are so many features that our team would love to implement to take our events to the next level (Passkey, OnArrival, etc.) but we often struggle with convincing the budget keepers the cost is worth it. For instance, our team is completely on board with OnArrival, but stakeholders question the thousands of dollars it will cost when we can continue to pre-print tags before the event.

Response from Cvent

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We appreciate your candid feedback and have shared it with our product team. Your feedback is invaluable as we are always looking for ways to improve our current offerings.

We¿d also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, you¿ll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh

Gladys W.

Be prepared for a 180 degree experience with Cvent's Event Management solution.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Cvent's event management software saves countless man hours and potential marketing costs.

Pros

Cvent's Event Management solution truly automates your meetings & events marketing, registration and check-in processes. Upload your attendees with from an Excel or CSV file. Create and send save the date, registration open, reminder emails and practically anything else you can think of to effectively market your meetings & events. Check your registration numbers at-a-glance. Run reports to see who registered, who didn't, and even who is possibly thinking about it with the abandoned registrations feature. My favorite tool is OnArrival (event check-in). Put those days behind you of paper tickets, attendee checklists, and long lines & chaos at the registration table. Upon arrival, your attendees check-in on an iPad, or you can scan them with a mobile device, and look cutting edge while doing it!!!

Cons

I would say that Cvent's Event Management platform, like any other tech platform, has a learning curve a moderate one. Setting up my first event was challenging even with training. To my surprise, setting up my second event was even more challenging. Partly because I challenged myself to create vs. copy (feature) my second event from scratch. Due to the platform's many, and I do mean many, features and functionality, I found it difficult to remember all the steps (menu navigation) to create an event. Undeterred, I contacted Cvent's Customer Support (really Customer Care as they go the mile for you) to help me create my second event. For the second time around, I worked smarter and documented all the steps. I can honestly say, it's been smooth sailing ever since! If I run into a snag or have a question, I contact Customer Support or look to my Cvent Community for help. There are many meetings & events solutions out there, but it's hard to beat one of the first and best to market! Stop searching and give Cvent a try.

Great Tool for Event builders and planners!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/14

1. Resolve potential last minute issues that may arise onsite
2. Staff has been very productive and prepared to manage attendees
3. Provide enough metrics for admins
4. Easy to adopt by non-technical users

Pros

1. Interactive Features with Crowdcompass that customize the user experiences and engagement in an effective way.
It has really helped us with onsite preparedness.
2. Cloning events or creating templates to re-use and make adjustments that saves time
3. CRM integration options have allowed us to have 360 degree customer view across CRM and Cvent.
We have also used SSO to link our existing users account at registration websites.
4. Flex events
5. Ability to integrate with supplier network and survey tools

Cons

1.Ways to manage field permissions for users/roles (edit/delete/update)
2.Enforce field validations on account/organization level so that we can maintain data integrity and event planners cannot customize anything and everything at event level
3. 2 way sync through standard integration is not dynamic for custom fields
4. If salesforce has person account enabled, not business account, cvent has no way to accommodate that on contact level during integration.
5. API limit of 10000 is very less for large events

Cvent is a great tool for doing lots of different events

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

We as a company get a lot of benefit out of this product. It is easy to use and to keep track of lists. Registration is a breeze once set up and it is very easy to collect data and payment. The customer service is great and they are very helpful and responsive.

Pros

Cvent is a great tool when you have lots of small events that need different lists to manage. It makes creating new events from a template very easy and painless. The user interface is very clean and they continually update it to make it better. The reporting features are robust and very easy to use. The customer service are is very responsive and they are very thorough about their follow up.

Cons

I would love easier features when it comes to customizing the event pages. Something like the Squarespace editor for the actual event sites would make it much easier to see what we are creating instead of relying heavily on HTML skills.

Response from Cvent

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We take great pride in our client support services and are happy to hear they've been a valuable resource for you.

Katherine O.

The Best Customer Service Meets Great Event Tech

Reviewed on 2018/06/09

The ability to scale an event management solution across our large, enterprise program was a huge win for my team!

Pros

Cvent's event management solution has plenty of flexible features that make logistics including registration and session tracking a breeze for busy event planners. Plus, the customer service is second to none. (Seriously, one call to their support line will transform the way that you think about help & support lines.)

Cons

It can take a while to learn the ropes and feel comfortable navigating across the platform. That said, after you get the hang of it, using the event management tool will be like second nature.

Response from Cvent

Hello Katherine,

Carl L.

CVENT Integrated our Events, Communication and Association Management

Reviewed on 2016/12/21

We are a multi-client firm that focuses on non-profit association management. Most association management systems have very limited event and communication platforms for the complex clients we have. We focused on getting every client on CVENT for communications and all of our events. This has been great to go into one login and system to manage all clients. We then focused on using CVENT as our association management system utilizing the members only section that can be created and tracking and managing CE's. CVENT has been great for us because everything is housed all together and the integrations are terrific. We can put our clients on CVENT whether they have a small or large budget.

When looking at the cost compared to other systems the pricing was comparable, but we were impressed with the options of customer service, online resources and in-person support that are available. I truly see the advances CVENT making that it will be considered a large player in the association management system arena.

Pros

Ability to manage very simple and complex events. Integration of events, communication and association management systems.
Client success manager that is assigned to your account is great to navigate best practices.

Cons

Would like to see embedded video on e-Marketing platform.

Marissa W.

Cvent Rocks!

Reviewed on 2016/07/13

I like Cvent and I think once they release the new responsive decision and advanced reporting it will be even more phenomenal of a company!

Pros

I like that the software is easy to navigate and has a great customer support community in situations where I can't find what I am looking for. I do not often have to reach out to speak to anyone because the information is so readily available for any one to review on their own.

Cons

I wish there was more flexibility for airport arrival and departure fields and the ability to turn of the yes/no toggle buttons at the top of the travel pages while in step mode. While there are easy enough work arounds for either issue, I find it is a constant complaint from most clients that we can not change this. However I understand these issues will be addressed with the updates that are coming down the pipeline!

7.0/10
Shawn C.

Transformed our organization's event management experience.

Reviewed on 2018/07/04

Saves so much time (and stress). Allows our organization to host more events without having to increase staffing. We are far better able to communicate with our members and get real time feedback on every aspect of our meetings and conferences. They are very happy with the end user experience (i.e. registration).

Pros

It's the total package. From sourcing venues, RFPs, budgeting, marketing, communications, contact management, surveying, event management, graphic design, travel, seating, hotel blocks, you name it, it does it , and does it well. Cvent knows how many hats event planners wear and is with you every step of the way .The icing on the cake is the 24/7 customer support. Competent, professional and free help is always a call or email away. You are in a panic at 3am because you are having trouble figuring something out? Cvent support is there to save the day (I know this because I've been there, done that!).

Cons

It is an investment but the ROI is definitely there. If I had to nitpick, sometimes the HTML editor can be finicky but customer support is there to get it sorted.

Jillianna R.

Cvent is the most event management product out there.

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

The software is so customizable. It will fit any events needs from inception to post event follow up. With the new interface Flex, it’s better than ever. It is mobile ready with responsive design and customizable event pages to create professional looking website that rival Wix and Squarespace.
And definitely take advantage of the onsite solutions as well as the mobile event apps.

Cons

It’s expensive, but you really get what you pay for. It’s the best solution out there. You’ll save money elsewhere, but you’ll be compensation the integrity of your event.

Quite the experience

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Holds all of our event data and contact information in one platform- easy to refer back to keep branding and expectations consistent

Pros

I like that you have the ability to use this software as an all-encompassing platform - for contact history, event registration and tracking, reporting and data collecting, and survey collection and feedback for next event

Cons

I think that the additional features are starting to have fees attached to them, rather than just a perk for being a current Cvent account holder - which is costly as it is

Response from Cvent

Hello,

Kim S.

Cvent has made a lot of what we do as Event Planners easier.

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

The ability to print name badges on site and have the app interact directly with the website, pushing information live to both.

Pros

I like the ability to print name badges on site. Also the updated website building module in Abstract Management made our submission process a lot easier and more fun. CrowdCompass is a great app. I am looking forward to the FLEX update.

Cons

Abstract Management still doesn't have the ability to push through sessions to Event Management. The website building capabilities in Event Management are not great - they look like 90s templates. I know that Cvent is changing this to be more like Abstract with FLEX. CrowdCompass' map does not have the ability to give a user directions to where they need to go. Event-In-A-Box, while great for probably most use cases, included materials we did not need.

Response from Cvent

Hi Kim,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent's Event Management solution. We are happy to hear that our product has made your life as a planner easier! We also want to thank you for being a Cvent Advocate and appreciate your engagement in that program! Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or need assistance with anything!

Ted S.

Best event program on the market right now. We use it for all of our companies events.

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Pros

Cvent allows you to control all aspects of your event, including registration, email marketing, and billing. It even allows for integration between many CRMs. Our company uses Weblink as our CRM and it integrates perfectly together

Cons

Most of their options for events is a la carte pricing. So sometimes you may not be able to fully utilize what Cvent has to offer due to budgetary constraints.

Response from Cvent

Hi Ted,

Nonprofit perspective

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

Like I said earlier, the people assigned to my account and others that I've met and worked with from Cvent through customer service and also other departments focused on individual modules of the platform are incredible. They are passionate about the work, they are upfront about what could or might not work for our case, and they are true partners.

Pros

Cvent is very easy to explore and use. It offers a great deal of customization and has a plethora of modules to add on that can grow your and your attendees' experience. The customer service is round the clock and everyone is very knowledgeable. The people assigned to your account as well as the custom service folks on the phone are also incredible in helping you work out issues and build on ideas.

Cons

The cost. In a nonprofit getting the business case for putting more money toward something, even if we could really build something strong and grow our attendees' experiences is hard to convince when the contract costs are still fairly high.

Audrey W.

Overall Cvent is very helpful when you are a one person circus for events in the office.

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Pros

All of the different reporting options and other products that cvent has to offer. I am excited about the new project flex since that will allow for more customization and ability top make every website for registration look unique to its own purpose.

Cons

There are times when I am performing a certain task that the cvent software is not very user friendly. For example when I am viewing all invitess and registrants in order to advance to another page I have to scroll all the way to the bottom and it does not show as an option at the top of page. Also, if I am on page two of the attendee list and click on a name. When I go back it does not take me back to the page it was on, it takes me to the very first page. So when you have 4 pages and on top of that i have to scroll every time to the bottom of the page it is annoying. Also, Cvent does not yet have the capability to do bulk payments or edits when changing a registration type.

Great tool, but complexity results in less adoption

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

Visibility and supports Duty of Care

Pros

The full 'end to end' solution is the great thing about Cvent, from registering the need for a meeting or event, through to sourcing, event website, attendee invites (with a whole load of functionality) through budgets, on-site management and ROI.

Cons

Cvent is very complex which limits adoption. Inevitably, with such a great end to end solution, complexity is expected, but nevertheless this is the unfortunate downside...

Response from Cvent

Hello,

User Friendly!

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

This software looks like sometime spend time developing it. I use this almost everyday as an administrator, and it is so simple. Easy to add users, edit content, and overall a nice website to have to spend alot of time.

Cons

The customer service department could use some work. Helpful, but with the new integration of systems i feel that they are just looking for more money.

Response from Cvent

Hello,

Ryan M.

Effective to use after the learning curve

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Pros

I really like where this company has made changes to make the software more user friendly. I have been using this software for 2 years and they have changed and evolved this program to the point where it takes less knowledge of HTML to use and style pages. I really like they have brought everything to one platform that allows any user to create an effective page.

Cons

The program takes some getting use to. A lot of bells and whistles that require one off help; however, their support team handles these issues very well and trains you on them. This being said, they are an "off-shore" support team and they can be difficult to understand at times.

There is some limited functionality to the web pages. When building pages for my stakeholders that would like changes made beyond the scope of what the program is designed to do, it creates a situation where I have to explain that the software doesn't work that way. This happens at least once every time I create a page for someone.

Response from Cvent

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We're sorry to hear that it's been difficult trying to understand our support team at times. We've shared this feedback with our customer support team to further investigate. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

Mayra B.

CVent helps us make our events successful and has allowed us to go paperless at our conferences.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Many--too many to list! CVent helps the planning process of our events simple.

Pros

The ease of submitting payments online (both checks and credit cards); being able to copy over events and update as you go; having a separate website for each event; having access to customer support in a matter of minutes.

Cons

Searching for attendees can be tricky sometimes (people who had been registered didn't know up on our reports).

Response from Cvent

Hello Mayra,

We also want to thank you for being a Cvent Celebrity and appreciate your participation in this program. Visit the CelebrityHub, http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh, to check out the latest Cvent product updates, learn best practices, take part in beta testing opportunities, and earn cool rewards!

Resource intensive work made easy

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

All in one place, great event management tools, great for multiple people to work on the same event software.

Pros

Its helped save lots of hours I would normally spend on organising events. The tools that this application have are great, from duplicating events (so you dont have to redo the paperwork) to templates for websites to help promote your event. Its very good.

Cons

Like with all new applications, the initial set up and getting to know the system can be time consuming. But once you get to know it its a very easy application to use.

Response from Cvent

Hello,

Lucy G.

I struggled with 'user friendly', at first...I've since learned to navigate and am happy with CVENT

Reviewed on 2017/07/03

The ability to collect data regularly and consistently.
To readily access that data.
The potential to further collect data significant to our non-for-profit organization.
We are far ahead in our ability to create comprehensive reports than we were prior to Cvent
The ability to monitor our registration processes with the added assurance of its accuracy.
The ability to collaborate with CVENT and PayPal in the events' registration payment processes

Pros

Even at the minimum defaults, the overall presentation of an event is highly professional.
As a non-for-profit organization driven by data, the data this system has the potential to collect is phenomenal.
The payment process and financial reporting is also easy to use and a huge timesaver.
The support services are the absolute best I have experienced.

Cons

Not as intuitive as I expected
Registration Types do not auto-alpha when translating from selecting registration types to posting them on the event webpage
Would like more options for customizing conference sessions and collecting/reporting the registration data
Would also like to see templates for non-for-profit organizations