ON24 Reviews

ON24

THE ONLY WEBINAR PLATFORM BUILT WITH MARKETERS IN MIND

4.3/5 (120 reviews)

"Changing the way we train"

Reviewed on 2/5/2019

The problem we had was reach. We could bring in all the best instructors in the world, but we could only impact the few we could cram into our training facility. Live interaction is very important to us, so that is what kept us from just recording them and posting them online. The community interaction is a must. Because of this, we knew we needed to utilize live video with interaction capabilities, but at the same time keep it simple enough that anyone could participate. How could we make them feel like they were in the room with us?
The biggest benefit we have seen is how quickly the HVAC industry has recognized us as a training leader. Most of the major manufacturers are now looking to us to help them educate their clients

Pros

The reason we went with On24 was for the broadcasting feature, and how easy it was to set up an event. We host between 25 and 35 live trainings a year, but up to a few years ago they were only for those would could travel to our facility. Our goal was to open the experience to a much larger audience through video, and On24 was the best solution.
One of my biggest requirements when choosing a platform was the ease of use for our attendees. Between making it very easy to sign in, and how customizable the user dashboard is, I was able to ensure the best user experience for my audience, most of whom don't use a computer much.
We are now in our second year with the platform and it continues to get better. The On24 team has been very responsive when we had any concern.

Cons

Our two biggest issues with the system have been:
Freezing and buffering problems with our audience. When we first starting using their platform, On24 was flash based. They have made strides to move to HTML 5 and adaptive bit rates, but we still get complaints of the video freezing. Most of the time, a browser refresh fixes it. I have a feeling that most of the other problems stem from someone watching Netflix in the other room.
The second is the mobile phone experience. For a standard webinar it would be ok, but it is unusable for broadcast video. Since they cannot have the slide widget and the media player open at the same time, it makes it way too cumbersome to switch from video to slide to Q&A and back. Until they have an app like Citrix, I tell all my attendees to never use their phones.

Webinar Project Manager

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

I am a webinar team of "ONE" in my media group, so it is crucial that I have a platform and vendor I can trust. We excelled in all KPIs for our webinar business last year, and having a great platform allowed me to achieve that.

Pros

Easy to learn, user friendly, and reliable. Other than a few quarks when doing a pre-record in for simulive events. Having a reliable and consistent platform is key for me. I know if I set it up to the specs ON24 provides, I'll get a quality product each time.

Cons

Few quirks that can't seem to be fixed. i.e. I can's pull raw lead reports in chrome, but I can in firefox. But, i find chrome is better for functionality while in presentation manager. So, basically this means I am constantly going between both browsers when creating, producing and reporting.

I produced a number of "simu-live" programs last year and I understand that the recording is done slide by slide, but when I have a single presenter and he wants to give a typical presentation in one continuous take, the slide transitions sometimes get caught up, and a few times I've had to go back and re-record.
So, I've asked the presenter to be mindful and pause in between each slide transition, and then it results in a bunch of dead air throughout. so, that can be a little tricky to navigate. But I've made it work.

sometimes the animations in simulive recording don't translate to the final rendering, which I can't seem to figure out why, when they transitioned during the taping. but again, just a small quirk.

On24 Review

Reviewed on 1/22/2019

We have one person in our organization who manages all webinars through that the organization runs. It was very difficult to get his time as we had plans to run more frequent webinars. We didn't have access to reports or even registered and attended list. we had to get that from him.

Once we moved onto ON24, there is two of us in my team who manage all of our webinars and training ourselves. We were able to run over 50 webinars in one year and thats only part of our overall job.

Many of the built in automation like On-Demand library, email notifications, ability to copy previous consoles, and use previous instructors BIO and photo saves us time an effort

Pros

The ease of setting and conducting up webinars. The detailed reporting lead generation capability.

Love the widgets and the ability to customize the console. We use Ideas and group chat a lot within our training webinars to keep the audience engaged.

Cons

When we have a webinar series, we can link them so individuals can register for all sessions by choosing on all sessions in the list. They are not notified, in case they miss one or are not able to automatically register for all.

At times, an individual will me mistake use a wrong email address and we need to go to each session to remove him, instead of being able to do that for all sessions.

Great Webinar Platform

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 1/11/2019

Overall, we have a great experience with ON24. It's an easy and user friendly system. The reporting is very robust and helps us to really evaluate attendance and what marketing initiatives work well and which ones don't. We have found the capabilities to be satisfactory and we've been able to execute each webinar the way we've planned. The system is reliable and have experienced very few technical glitches. I would highly recommend (and do) this system to others.

Pros

The ON24 platform is very user friendly. The set-up of a webinar, collection of registration to the execution on the day of the webinar is great and so easy. The system is very reliable and we've experienced very few hick-ups along the way from a technological standpoint and the quality of the call on the live webinar is also reliable. The reporting capabilities are robust and above average in comparison to other suppliers.

Cons

While ON24 is a great webinar platform, the cost is higher than average which makes it an expensive platform to use. Also, the tech people that join the webinars for an added $500 or more fee, aren't always the best and have language barriers and aren't that proactive. It's apparent this has been outsourced overseas. However, ON24 has worked with us and enabled us request specific technicians which has been helpful.

ON24 Review - Arrow

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

Great experience. Love working with the ON24 team. They are very responsive when we are having issues but my only complaint is there are too many people to remember to contact for different issues our account may have. I feel like there's too many people that handle the Arrow account.

Pros

There are many features of the software and this makes it easy to customize each webinar. Functionality is great and ease of use by the users and attendees of the webinars. Love being able to customize the look and feel of your webinars and all the elements you can add.

Cons

We have had many issues with Screen Share and with attendees being about the hear or view the Live Presentations. Many times we can correct the issues that the attendees are having and most of the time it is a browser issue but there have been times that we have gotten complaints.

A Webinar Platform Above the Rest

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

We have really enjoyed used ON24 over the past few years. They also have great customer service and account service. They are willing to listen to your feedback and help with any issues you run into. Our webinars registrations and attendance has increase considerably by using this new platform.

Pros

We do over 250+ webinars a year and ON24 allows us to scale our webinar program while still making every webinar fun and interactive. They have multiple webinar types (On-Demand, SimuLive, Live) which makes planning for a large number of webinars much easier. We can use the SimuLive feature to still host webinars when we don't have any presenters available. They also have lots of "widgets" that you can add to the audiences view of the webinar that allows them to customize and click on different items during the webinars.

Cons

There is not to much that we don't like about the software. Reporting could be better and have an aggregate reporting pulling feature.

Easy, Reliable, Integrated

Reviewed on 11/29/2018

Overall, ON24 is a great platform for planning and executing webinars for thought leadership and sales purposes. It is especially useful when it integrates seamlessly with our marketing automation platform. Would definitely recommend for both small and large organizations!

Pros

The primary reason for selecting and implementing ON24 was due to the fact that it offered integration with HubSpot. Upon integrating ON24 with HubSpot, I can manage registrations, trigger reminder/invite emails, send follow-up emails, and host registration forms through my HubSpot instance. In addition, when I do need to access the ON24 portal directly, it's easy to navigate and contains many of the features you need and will use to execute webinars.

Cons

There are certain places within ON24 where the functionality seems a bit limited. For example, there are only a handful of ways you can personalize reminder emails, including branding, text editing, etc. We have also found that ON24 doesn't enable you to create a series of webinars. Instead, we had to create individual, separate events.

The best webinar platform for measuring engagement

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

Pros

When comparing webinar platforms, One24 was above and beyond in terms of analytics. You can easily see registrants, attendees, and see their engagement (who downloaded a resource, who responded to a poll, etc). This has helped immensely for measuring and helping us drive continued engagement in our presentations. The webinar console was a big selling point too, as it can be completely customized to your brand's identity. Finally, the automated follow up emails and Marketo integration are key.

Cons

On24 is by far the most expensive webinar platform that my team encountered. However, it's reliable and worth it for my company. There are a few small things that I don't like - for example, getting signed out of the platform constantly - but overall, it works for us.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 1/22/2019

I've been very pleased with my experience working with ON24. They have great customer service and are very responsive to our needs. They are consistently making improvements and educating their customers on ways to enhance their webinars.

Pros

ON24 is an intuitive platform that delivers high quality webinars to our audience. As someone who is not super tech savvy, I have been able to perform well in my role as Webinar Producer. The enhancements made to the audio options on the platform have been great over the last year.

Cons

The phone bridge is still not the best quality, but that is possibly a result of our company phones. While we refrain from using the phone bridge when possible, the improved presenter bridge, that allows for PC Mic use is great! It is also important to note that Internet Explorer is not compatible with this product. This is a struggle for some of our audience members, although we post in several places the need to use Chrome or Firefox.

Sleek & professional webcasts

Reviewed on 1/22/2019

Pros

Easy to use, professional, lots of capabilities and features. Great reporting, interactivity, and integrations into our marketing tech stack. Helpful and professional team members and lots of options for support (live chat, tickets, help center, community).

Cons

Some of the user interface and experience could be improved, and the different "parts" of the platform are a little confusing (where you set up a webinar vs. run it). Help documentation has improved but could still be added to and updated.

Meets our Client Webinar Needs

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 1/11/2019

We host webinars for both clients and prospects, and we have different needs for each. With a global team and clients, it was important that we didn't have to be up at 3AM to host a live webinar in Australia. On24 offers what some other platforms we looked at don't - Simulated Live Webinars. This has been a life saver for us to record live with our team members at a local time and then have the webinar hit live in different regions hours or days later.

Pros

Once you have your template set up On24 is very easy to clone and use for all your webinars. The best part about this software is that it lives online and not a software on your computer so you never need to worry about showing the wrong screen. Additionally, we work with a lot of external presenters and the platform is so easy to use my briefs only take about 10 minutes to walk them through.

Cons

A few little kinks: If you clone the same presentation too much, it will stop you from creating any new webinar pages. I needed to reach out to support to find this out. While I know you can use their templates, we just got in the habit of cloning and it didnt work.

Also, there is not an option to have a video play within the slide you are showing. You need to upload videos separately which can make it a little clunky for viewers.

On24 is a very useful marketing tool

Reviewed on 1/18/2019

Very positive. has been a very useful tool for us as a marketing firm.

Pros

The software was relatively easy to learn and set up initial events. From there we have been able to copy and improve upon setups and designs. The ease of repeatably is a very appreciated feature.

Cons

Certain speaker have wanted to have their mouse be visible to the audience within the slide deck but are unable to do so w/o the event being set up as a screen share event.

Decent Platform

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 1/18/2019

We are decreasing the amount of webinars we are doing because our team doesn't have the bandwidth to write scripts, create slides, present or pre-record, etc. We are going to be relying on many more on-demand webinars in 2019 to continue providing content, but not having to dedicate the time and resources we don't have.

On24 provides everything we need for now, so we will continue to stick with this platform.

Pros

-Ability to pre-record webinars
-Easy-to-access and understand reporting
-Can have registration pages with multiple events
-Automated emails (that are HTML so they can be customized if necessary)
-Webinar console is very customizable

Cons

-Various issues with pre-recorded webinars
-Inability to have attendees dial in
-Attendees on every single webinar we've ever held have had audio/video issues (not every single attendee, but at least one on each webinar - it works most of the time if they refresh their screen, but it's not a great user experience)
-Registration page can be customized, but only slightly
-The customer service department is extremely responsive, but they have never actually been able to help with any emergency issues we've had

7.0/10

Great tool but still needs improvements

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

For the most part it has been great. Our original sales rep was amazing and of course got a promotion because she was great and now our new sales person is always MIA. Never checks in unless it is about money.

Pros

Ease of use. Anyone can use it. Easy to set up events and run them with very little experience.

Cons

Customer support tier 1 is useless. Just submit a ticket. Still not flash free.

ON24 Review

Reviewed on 1/18/2019

Overall ON24 works with what we've been doing so far. I don't believe we work directly with ON24, we work with TSN who works with ON24 who in part works with us as our Vendor.

Pros

The ability to have 2 platforms to host and support our Webinars/Webcasts as well as Library for our In person events we have stored

Cons

Not being able to toggle between the two platforms. I feel like we are on one platform with 2 users IDs so that we can actually use the features of one and the other is just a storage base - they should be integrated

Great user experience

Reviewed on 3/21/2019

After researching multiple alternative webinar platforms, we always end up sticking with On24 due to the ease of use, sleek landing page designs and available functions.

Pros

This is so easy to use. Our presenters are always happy with the presentation manager.

Cons

It is a lot more expensive than a lot of alternative programs out there.

Customer from Paycom

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

I am generating leads, providing a good experience, and raising our revenue.

Pros

The ease of use to produce a webinar is incredible. I did not know much about webinars when I got started, and this platform made it easy for me to create and access what I needed to know quickly. It provides a good customer/attendee experience and I wouldn't use anyone else.

Cons

Honestly, the one thing I get frustrated about is how long it can take to upload our slides or files.

User friendly, overall good platform.

Reviewed on 1/18/2019

Pros

I like that it is easy to train presenters on how to use the software, it is also fairly easy to make edits. The video quality has gotten better over the last few years as well.

Cons

The lack of customization with tools and widgets. Product requests seem to take a long time to come through.

7.0/10

Great software - robust, but still simple to use

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

I have been using ON24 for nearly two years now. I was using a competitor before that, and I much prefer the interface, and functionality of ON24. When I train people on how to present they basically teach themselves. It is easy to learn, and easy to use as you advance in more features.

Pros

ON24 has many great features built right in including screen sharing, PowerPoint deck sharing, Q&A, polls, call-in audio, streaming audio, and sharing video over presentation.

Cons

There are a few features that are pay-to-play. E.x. if someone registered, and you want to delete that registrant you need to pay for the customer support team to remove them. Many of the analytics are free, but other analytics cost extra.

Staying power in the webinar world

Reviewed on 1/18/2019

Great platform to engage with users of products. I've used ON24 in some form or fashion since the early 2000's - they have a lot of experience and helpful support.

Pros

The "resources" widget that allows for links in the presentation interface is somewhat unique and really valuable for my use case. On24 has been around for a long time and understands webinars.

Cons

Disclaimer: I'm currently using their flash based platform and am migrating soon to their HTML5 platform. I have found the flash interfaces to be buggy at times - likely related to all of the security settings around flash. I have had a few technical issues with ON24 which they have worked with me on to make right.

ON24 takes webinars to another level no other company is on

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 1/11/2019

It's been great, I just wish I could double the size of my team becuase with a very small webinar team, I feel like we are only scratching the surface.

Pros

ON24 has countless features, options for customization, branding, tracking, CRM integration, content gateway, great audience experience, etc. we could go on and on!

Cons

the more robust the software, the more can go wrong. If the webinars are not set up perfectly, the webinar will not run smoothly. You can not make changes on the fly (if you set the webinar up with no screenshare, you cannot change your mind on the live webinar) if you need to change the console, you cannot do so when the webinar starts, etc.

No dial-in number as a standard offering for webinars

We also wish that ON24 could be used for demos and 1-on-1 calls but the audience lag doesn't allow for that.

Love this Software

Reviewed on 1/18/2019

The support team is incredible when you have an issue that you can't solve yourself.

Pros

Easy to create and deliver online webinars

Cons

there isn't much that I don't like, our agency could upgrade to a higher tier and get more features, but currently we are not able to afford that.

Almost 3 years and evolving with ON24

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

I've been growing in my role with the help of ON24. I explain: I've been developing and delivering webinars and online clases for almost 4 years but the capabilities of the platform are very good and allows me to create content and deliver with better quality and ease of use. Yes, there is a learning curve but it's easily reached once you start working with the product.

Pros

Reporting capability
Self-service
Multiple options to deliver and create content
Customer analytics
Easy to design and support
Content Gateway

Cons

Flash enabled content is still around
The delay in voice between presenters and audience
There is no mobile app to control the content or check reports on the go

Will Highly Recommend ON24

Reviewed on 1/18/2019

Overall, we have had a great partnership with ON24, and I do feel that it is the best webinar platform out there.

Pros

I like that it is very user friendly, and is very easy to explain to our clients on how to use.

Cons

That the screen share is not the best feature.

Great platform for publishers

Reviewed on 1/18/2019

Pros

It's rock solid technically. The ability to customize the console is excellent.

Cons

Pricing can be much higher than other webinar platforms. This is the Cadillac though, so you expect it will be a higher price.