Salesforce Platform Reviews

3.9/5
3.9/5

Naveen
Naveen

Flexible development platform on the cloud

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

The Product is very powerful. It provides flexibility to build almost any kind of applications. Business users can build useful apps without taking help from developers. Extensive set of resources are available to build expertise on the platform. Also customers/partners are always available to answer to queries.

Pros

Force.com platform (Lightning) is very powerful development platform on the browser. It can be used to build applications for any industry. The pricing is on per user per month basis.

Many tools like Validation rules, Workflows, process builder are available for business users. These tools allow business users to build apps on the platform with fairly complex logic. For additional functionality, developers are needed. Developers can build more advanced features using Apex, Visualforce and Lightning Communities.

Trailhead and developer account are free resources available to build expertise on the product.

Excellent community of customers/partners is available to support queries.

Cons

Like any complex software there is a steep learning curve. Hiring developers in the US on the platform can be expensive. The license pricing may also be expensive for small businesses.

Pam

Salesforce as a User

Reviewed on 2024/02/08

Works well, but not as user friendly as I would like.

Works well, but not as user friendly as I would like.

Pros

There is a lot of data that you can get access to within the salesforce platform, and the customization works well for integration

Cons

As a user who is not in there every day, the new lightening platform is awkward and difficult to find anything. We often have to change the view to the old view to find anything and that should not be the case.

Chetan
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

The go-to CRM of choice

Reviewed on 2022/08/05

My experience with Salesforce across the last 4 years has been pretty positive. I love the fact that each of the elements within the platform are connected to each other, and hence extendability and modularity of the platform is possible. I absolutely feel that the privacy features and user roles for Salesforce is a pretty good implementation.

Pros

I love the extendability of Salesforce with their modules. It is high on security, it is high on privacy, and there is a module available for pretty much anything that you can think about. Right from basic CRM to collaboration tools to development interfaces to deployment management to publishing is well

Cons

I think the UI for Salesforce requires a much needed revamp. There has been a good effort with the "Lightning" interface for Salesforce, however given the nature of the platform it becomes tedious for users to keep entering information at every step of the time, and their work flow management is not as straight forward to set up. However once it is set up they are they work exactly as decide

• Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Complete platform but not easy to navigate

Reviewed on 2024/03/27

Pros

It offers multiple mechanisms to control sales and track issues also customer invoices due to its integrations

Cons

Screens are very convoluted with lots of information that might not be useful. Navigation can also be very confusing for first time users

Michelle
  • Industry: Online Media

Data at your fingertips

Reviewed on 2023/11/27

I've used SF for over 10 years at multiple companies. I have found it to be a valuable tool when properly configured and a great way to keep customer data at everyone's fingertips across the organization.

Pros

SF gives the ability to keep all of your data at your fingertips to track and manage the customer lifecycle easily.

Cons

SF is complicated to configure - it could be easier and more user friendly to quickly and easily configure features and establish an easy to use account page with a depth of features for sales and account management.

Ruchika
Ruchika
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

One of the best CRM software

Reviewed on 2023/08/19

Pros

There are many things that I like about this platform:1)It helps us to automate our business process like, so we have to least bother about how to manage things manually.2)It can also schedule our business processes with the help of various automation rules.3)It has point-and-click functionality so that a non-coder can also implement the use case into this platform.

Cons

Personally, I like everything about this platform.

Rebecca

Salesforce For Daily Work

Reviewed on 2023/08/17

Overall, there is a reason Salesforce is the standard when it comes to CRM and without it, my job would be much more difficult

Pros

What I like most about Salesforce Platform is the ability to track and manage all of my work and accounts in one place. Salesforce makes it easy to customize your org and provide the necessary resources

Cons

My least favorite feature of Salesforce is the limited features for document storage

Henry

I consider Salesforce a Ferrari!

Reviewed on 2024/03/26

Pros

It has tons of features and an enormous capacity to create processes management, automations, integrations and

Cons

A lot of things are not intuitive and we always relied on third parties tech to fix issues, make adjustment and customizations.

Rich platform

Reviewed on 2023/11/01

Overall, as long as you consider it as a real project with budget and resources, the experience is good

Pros

The platform has extended capabilities to build any use case

Cons

The platform is becoming more and more complex and maintenance costs can be high

Good

Reviewed on 2023/08/19

Pros

Salesforce was the first CRM platform that I used as a professional. I have used many since but I have to say that Salesforce is one of the best in terms of features and reliability. I have recommended it to colleagues as a safe option as it seems to 'just work' and is easy to pick up

Cons

I found merging contacts and tickets a bit tricky on salesforce

Houston

Great Product, Questionable Updates and Prioritization of Features

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Ohana. Get used to it.

Ohana. Get used to it.

Pros

"Accidental Admin" is a concept that Salesforce uses to emphasize how anyone can pick up and learn to configure Salesforce as an admin. The configuration style (clicks, not code) leads to a low skill floor needed to start using Salesforce. Advanced users, developers, etc. have the flexibility to customize the system to a high degree as well.

Cons

The neglect. Salesforce regularly neglects key pieces of core CRM functionality, some for more than 10 years, while either ignoring the cries for help by its userbase, or promising to fix it - only to let 10 years go by with no update. Just browse around on the success.salesforce.com Idea Exchange and you'll see what I mean. I get that Salesforce puts emphasis on the fact that the system is highly configurable by a dedicated developer, but when key features and functionality are either half-implemented or abandoned altogether in favor of more money-making initiatives (like their half-baked AI platform), it gets to be extremely concerning and offputting. Sometimes they combine the two and continue to sell a half-baked product, which has already been abandoned and they KNOW it.
Want an example? Try to find any documentation on Salesforce Inbox. At my company, we have been fighting with Salesforce support for MONTHS trying to get any semblance of an answer about how we can use Inbox or where we can find documentation, or if we can even pay a professional services team to help us. Finally after months, they have made it clear that Salesforce Inbox is abandonware. Yet they are still promoting and selling it. That is shady and corrupt.

Darrik
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Still my favorite CRM for workflows, reporting, and task tracking

Reviewed on 2022/08/15

Pros

Overall, the ease of use and intuitive UI makes Salesforce king. The reporting, dashboarding, and statistics options are robust and impressive (if you are willing to invest the time), and the new low-code or no-code tools they are building look promising (I've yet to test them out.)

Cons

My experience has shown that a lot of custom dev work is needed to get certain automations or integrations between other softwares. I understand there are some no-code / low-code tools being built that may remedy some of these concerns, but my org hasn't been exposed to these tools yet.

idriss

Salesforce overview

Reviewed on 2023/07/23

Pros

What I really like about Salesforce Platform is that it is very easy to customize. you can personalize it to suit your needs, add more modules, and customize the software to fit the business's needs. For example, our sales team can send out personalized emails to customers, which are more effective.

Cons

what I don't like about Salesforce is the lack of adoption and the synchronization problem with the system

SalesLoft
Olivia
  • Industry: Banking

Actionable way to smart work.Salesforce Platform is the secret behind all these smiles.

Reviewed on 2023/09/26

Scalability is a key factor in this software.No unnecessary tools which may affect someone's work.I am now at a peak performance and all thanks goes to this software.you should try it too.

Pros

It is easy to use this software no complicated settings or procedures.Has the most impressive features which makes it more efficient and interesting to use.If money value is your thing then this software caters for everything.we all need a software like this it superchanges your work to the best.

Cons

It was a nice experience using this software.Am glad it was created on the first place because it has jumpstarted my work and now I am a proud user.

Natasha

Salesforce for every business

Reviewed on 2022/08/05

Salesforce is organized and streamlined, and I have been able to teach myself how to do lots of things within the platform with ease. I love having one unified source of truth amongst everyone at my company.

Pros

Salesforce takes the lead for CRMS. It can do everything from lead and contact management to deal tracking to streamline processes. It has so many options for storing data and it allows for so much customization. I wouldn't recommend any other CRM, even you are starting small, because this is the best CRM to grow with. It can adapt to any need and most softwares can integrate with it. It will cost you far more to cut corners with a CRM in the long wrong, so you might as well use the best.

Cons

Salesforce is a beast, and some people find it hard to learn. I don't think that, but I understand that given all the capabilities, it's important to know how to use Salesforce and to have established practices for your team.

Stacy
Stacy
  • Industry: Events Services

Feature Rich with Clunky, Dated Interface

Reviewed on 2016/09/12

I've been using SalesForce for 5+ years now and while feature full, it's confusing to navigate with far more clicks than necessary. The interface has not changed at all in all the years I've been using it which makes me feel like they really just don't care to make the system better.

Pros

You can add your own custom fields and organize them how you want.

Cons

Difficult to find the proper path from lead to opportunity to account. Contacts can be saved on accounts, but aren't automatically applied to opportunities forcing me several clicks to simply add a new person first to the account and then back to the opportunity to see the contact. Changes to your payment plan to reduce accounts are very difficult forcing you to request changes 3 months in advance for them to take effect. However, they have no problem increasing the plan same-day when we need to add new accounts.

Nadeem Shafkat
  • Industry: Human Resources

Salesforce - A well-recognized Customer & Sales Management Tool

Reviewed on 2022/11/09

CRM solutions like Salesforce are a smart choice for businesses that are growing rapidly. A mid- small business operation or one that is not yet mature would likely find this an overkill. Having said that, Salesforce has some of the best training resources that any such program offers, and they also offer sleek versions of their CRM for small businesses.

Pros

My main usage of the Salesforce platform is operational and analytical for a Realty based business. The number of options available within the Salesforce platform seem to be unlimited. With the global recognition that it has received as a great CRM tool, they still keep developing enhancements to the functionalities and available options. The system configuration and customization are extremely smooth, given the size and number of functionalities.

Cons

The one area that Salesforce needs to address is their system support when it comes to technical issues resolution and assistance. The timeframe of response from their support teams does not justify the reputation and quality of the platform.

Almir
Almir
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Best CRM platform available in the market!

Reviewed on 2023/06/10

Pros

Salesforce presents an incredibly adaptable platform that can be personalized to address the unique requirements of businesses, regardless of their industry or scale.SF delivers an all-inclusive collection of CRM tools and functionalities that encompass a wide range of customer management aspects. These include lead management, opportunity tracking, contact management, analytics, reporting, and much more.

Cons

The platform comes with a significant learning curve, which means that users, especially those who are new to CRM systems, may need time and training to fully grasp and utilize its capabilities.

Lightning Experience is the gift that keeps on giving

Reviewed on 2018/12/15

Salesforce Lightning Experience is replacing Microsoft CRM for our organization and in the short time we have had it has already given us a much better user experience with improved data and data flow.

Pros

We previously used Microsoft CRM and recently implemented Salesforce Lightning Experience. The features and support community we have found within Salesforce have been incredible and continually impressive. CRM was able to get us through the early stages of our business, but Salesforce Lightning Experience will make the difference across each of our growing teams as we continue in the growth phase of our organization. I love that any question I have about Salesforce has likely already been asked and answered by either a Salesforce expert, or a member of the Salesforce user community.

Cons

With the vastness of customizable features within the application, it can be a confusing transition to Salesforce. There is a large amount of information and training materials that are made available online, but that isn't always enough.

Christian
  • Industry: Insurance

S*** Show - Run far and run fast if your company is looking to use Salesforce

Reviewed on 2023/12/12

No support. More bugs then features. The system works decent for quoting but getting information or support is a laughable concept.

Pros

It seems well done. Everything looks professionally made but this software is user-enemy number 1. No support. The worst part is they have links that say "help or support?" that are dead links. It's so bad it's almost feels like it should be a joke.

Cons

Careful sending mass emails. It will create a task for every email sent that CAN NOT be mass deleted. So if you send out 300 emails you will flood your task section with 300 tasks that need to be individually deleted. This is system is a nightmare. This app is taking 1 step forward and 4 steps back. I feel really bad for the developers who had to put their name on this app.

Shana

Make your own trasformer

Reviewed on 2021/06/18

If you can add anything you need, you will have the greatest transformer of all times!

Pros

the thing that i like the most is that you can edit almost ANYTHING! You can adjust the plataform for your particular needs.

You can track your customer the entire jorney and create different status.

It's a great sales plataform (duh! salesforce)

Cons

If you don't know a thing about code or interface or anything related with technology, it's going to be very hard for you at the moment of customize your Salesforce.

You will need the help of Salesforce to create all the things you will nedd for your business. If you don't customize, you will not be able to make the most of it.

It is not very helpful with marketing, so... you will have to make a pulgin with another plataform (for example mailchimp)

Karen

For nonprofits - powerful, but complicated

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Even though it is free for nonprofits, you should expect in start-up costs, realistically. Take advantage of the free apps and extensions, as well as the robust support network, but be aware that you will have to learn the language and back end of salesforce to truly customize it. For that, it might be best to use a developer to start.

Pros

Salesforce is a very powerful CRM system that can handle almost anything and with hundreds of apps to add functionality, you can find pre-built solutions to most business processes. For nonprofits, the nonprofit success pack is a great starter kit and you can't beat the price - free for up to 10 users.

Cons

Because of the plethora of features, it can be hard to navigate and figure things out without help. I wouldn't recommend someone not comfortable with technology and CRMs to think they can set it up themselves with no assistance.

Kelly

Never had a good day using this product

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

These products are used far and wide, I know, but I still did not have a good experience with any Salesforce products.

Cons

I am not one to complain much, but I literally never had a good day of using any Salesforce product. Every Salesforce product I have used has been a pain to deal with. As a marketer/communications person, I found each product to be cumbersome and not easy to use at all. I would have a headache every single day trying to figure out where and how the functionality worked. I spent many hours on the phone with customer service and felt like they definitely did not want to help me understand their product.

Kate

Powerful product if you know how to use it.

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Overall the system is great, and helps us a lot with productivity and sales. But you'll need to know their language and structure for setting up anything customized to your organization, and you should hope you don't need help from their support team, as the team is generally useless. We've had billing issues last 6+ months, dealt with customer service reps who knew less than we did, and had our account manager change every 2 months or so because the turnover is so high.

Pros

Lots of features, easy to use once it is set up, plenty of options for add-ons and integrations with other systems

Cons

Additional features can be pricey, customer service is terrible, they'll charge you for everything additional

Salesforce is the superior CRM software

Reviewed on 2022/08/11

I can't think of anything else we'd use in place of Salesforce. Overall, it's easy to use and fits exactly what we need.

Pros

We use Salesforce to manage our prospects & customers on a daily basis and keep track of our sales & marketing activities. It does exactly what we need it to do and integrates well with Pardot, our marketing automation tool.

Cons

Support is super limited other than their vast online support center. And some features are really complicated to set up unless you have vast coding knowledge.