2 821 reviews

2 821 reviews
Ron S.

Fast Event Planning and Management

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

The actual event turned out to be a big success. Eventbrite played a key role in that success. I would definitely consider Eventbrite for future events.

Pros

Eventbrite is easy to understand and use. The feature-set is not too broad so it's easy to quickly understand everything they offer. I was able to quickly wrap my mind around its scope and deploy an event. I appreciated how easy it was to setup a website for reservations and payment. Although I did not have alot of design options for the payment and reservation pages, the pages were streamlined and worked well. I was able to find good third-party support for lanyards and printed name badges. Being able to sell tickets at the entrance was a nice feature as well.

Pricing felt right. I received good value for the money I spent.

Cons

I did not have alot of design flexibility for the payment and reservation pages. I pretty much had to stick with their default template that makes all Eventbrite sites look the same. The event management UI was slow and awkward to use. I did have a couple of periods of site outage that caused me some pain.

• Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Extremely helpful tool for organizing an event

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

Eventbrite provides great flexibility to customize the registration form, ticket types, promo code, guest lists, and analytic report based on our needs. Also, the service fee and price are transparent. I have used another ticket selling platform, the price appeared to be cheaper than Eventbrite, however, there is hidden cost within it that I was not aware of.

Pros

The app are is very easy to navigate and is very convenient to do check-in. I have used the Eventbrite app to check in guests in an event with around 1000 attendees. The app saves us much time and we can easily get the attendance of our guests as a useful data.

Cons

There are many functions and features for the analytic report, it took me a while to familiarize every function. However, once I figure them out, I can access to very useful data and reports that help me organize my future events.

Leslie O.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Amazing Platform for golf tournaments and special events

Reviewed on 2021/04/03

Overall, I really like hosting events on Eventbrite and I will continue using them for upcoming events. I would recommend Eventbrite for events of all types and sizes.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is being able to customize ticket types. Depending on which type of ticket an attendee chooses, the organizer can determine which type of questions the person registering must answer. For example, if you choose platinum sponsor, you are asked which shirt size you want. It is the best platform I have used for special events and even offers a check-in feature for the day of your event. There are endless opportunities for customizing your own event. Also, if you have a contract in place with Eventbrite for your events, they will not charge you a ticket fee for free events.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is the fees. I was expecting a processing fee for credit card sales but there is an additional Eventbrite fee. This was remedied by signing a contract with them. Now all my fees are capped at a specific price and I can now have the attendee absorb the costs.

Tajh H.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great platform for sales and purchases

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Pros

The platform eliminates the need for face to face ticket sales/ purchases. It is quite secure and ensures that your information is kept safely. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who's planning to execute an event, as well as, purchase tickets. Tickets are easily add to mobile wallets from this app.

Cons

The dividend per ticket sales might be relativity high depending on cost of tickets.

Atitaya T.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Amazing scheduling/event software...with the caveat that these ratings are for a very specific...

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Overall it was an amazing experience. We registered 100-125 participants with 10 pieces of mandatory information (it was a chess tournament so school, grade, level, rating, uscf id, address, phone number, cc number, child's name, parent's name). Parents found the form and payment incredibly easy to complete. The email confirmation is a nice feature. The nature of a chess tournament is that you have to register and check-in 100-125 participants in about 30 minutes on the day of the event, and have the information fields loaded into your system the night before. Eventbrite was a perfect solution for this scenario. Free-templated website builders tend to limit the number of data fields you can collect and hiring someone was not an economical or efficient option. The record of payment and list of participants was also helpful.
Setting up the first Eventbrite event was moderately time-consuming and not the easiest to get the appearance as one would like...but with some tinkering it proved to be great. Once the first event was formatted...the other 2 events we hosted were super easy to replicate

Pros

Eventbrite does a fantastic job of making itself accessible to users attending your event...and it helps tremendously with signing up a large number of participants and collecting fees. As a volunteer chess coach I was able to use Eventbrite in place of designing a website, and buying a credit card reader or square type solution. We successfully hosted three 100-125 person events (chess tournaments) and it was an amazing...5 star out of 5 star application for that size event and that frequency.

Cons

The cost (cut that Eventbrite takes out) is high. If you are running a low volume (less than 50) event...I would recommend using the free version of Eventbrite for sign up and just collect the money onsite. If you are doing a higher volume event I would recommend either hiring a helper to collect the money and invest in a square reader (or if frequent events...maybe even look into website design with payment acceptance built in). For my particular event...more information fields were needed than what free template websites allow...and Eventbrite was fantastic at being able to accommodate those needs. I love everything about the way Eventbrite works...but be careful on the cost analysis side. For us...it was the most economic/efficient way for one person to register 100-125 participants efficiently. Plan for a close to 14%-18% cut...so the efficiency and convenience that Eventbrite provides has to be worth that percentage. For my particular situation...it absolutely was.

Abigail D.

Free platform for nonprofits to utilize

Reviewed on 2018/01/31

Eventbrite is free for free events, easy to set up and looks professional.

Pros

I work at a nonprofit with a small marketing staff. Before using Eventbrite, we were building our events on our website which looked awful and dull. It would take a lot of time for not much reward. With Eventbrite, I can create a basic event in a matter of a few minutes. I can make it private or public to be shared with the Eventbrite community. Best of all, most of our events are free to enter, which means it's free to post them on Eventbrite. It's easy to check attendees in at the door, download reports, and communicate last-minute messages with registrants. Eventbrite is a great tool more companies should take advantage of.

Cons

In some instances, we've held events that require many conditional questions to be completed during registration. Unfortunately, Eventbrite doesn't allow the function of complex, conditional questions, which can really slow down the registration process. On the backend, the menu names aren't the most intuitive. There are certain functions that are difficult to find, such as where to cancel an order, but after expanding each sidebar menu, you can usually find which what you need. My biggest pet peeve with Eventbrite is that if you create an event that takes place more then five weeks away, ticket sales will automatically be set to end in five weeks from that date, regardless of when your event takes place. There have been many times when I've forgotten to change this default date and received complaints of ticket sales being closed weeks prior to an event. I wish Eventbrite would make the default date the date of the event.

Naomi Y.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Eventbrite is always a crowd pleaser for our guests to easily manage their day/week or even...

Reviewed on 2020/05/23

It is a simple ticking solution for our basic events that are typically contained to our internal audience or our partners. We haven't used it much for other public guests so we don't have a lot of problems that some others may with a different use case may have.

Pros

As a user, the best feature is how simple it is to set up a basic event and keep track of all the participants. All events held through Eventbrite have always received positive remarks from our guests.

As an audience member, I've attended multiple work events that use Eventbrite and it has been very convenient when traveling for these conferences and meetings. Your ticket and event details for multiple conferences are all in one location, making it easier to navigate your week or even your year. It is useful for also looking back to see the events you attended.

Cons

The customization could be better improved for the event owner. It emphasizes their own platform and logo more than what the particular event is about. Lastly, it may need a refresh on UI workflow so that ticket options may be more accessible for editing.

Jason H.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Event Registration Couldn't Be Easier

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

Pros

Before Eventbrite, my organization used a Google Form to collect event registration details. Eventbrite completely changed the tone of events. From personalized email invitations, to designing a registration page and form, to reports, automated reminders and more, it's a great tool for any event organizer - large or small.

Cons

Depending on your registration cost, fees can easily add up. You'll have to plan on absorbing those fees or passing them along to the recipient.

Jessica C.
  • Industry: Sports

Excellent Reg Management System for Us.

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

Excellent. Customer service has been great. Woudl recommend

Pros

Smooth transittion from a previous product. Easy to use, easy to set up, customizable and intergrates with other technologies

Cons

Customization only goes so far. Anything extreme and complex (mutiple education classes/sessions) woudl probably require a more complex system.

Molly T.

Top Notch Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Pros

The ease of use right from the very start. It's so easy to get your event up and running with minimal steps. They also make it easy to customize your event to stand out. We use Eventbrite for all our events. We recently had an event get postponed two hours before the event because of a sudden, unexpected snow storm. It became a complicated situation to resolve, but eventbrite quickly stepped in to help us get it sorted for the rescheduled date. Their team truly went above and beyond

Cons

That I can't add a sub user that already has account to my event. It means my team has to create multiple accounts to run different events for our clients.

Leon C.

Simple, easy and great.

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Eventbrite has helped me not only by facilitating event creation, but also by helping me find events around me. I think that even if you do not need to create an event, you should totally try it out if you are the kind of person always looking to do something new and exciting.

Pros

Eventbrite is a simple, functional and reliable for both event makers and users. Creating an event is as simple as creating a social media post, you can even organize free local events around your area, manage ticketing , reserved seating among others. The Interface is very straightforward and supply many options in how to create or search for an event.

Is the source to many cultural phenomenoms happening around the world. Evenbrite has hosted in their website/app some of the most important events regarding culture, arts and music in my homeland, and I've seen this happening all over the world, it probably hosts some of the most meaningful recreational activities. It has a large catalogue of things to do, both free and paid ones.

Cons

Getting a hold of Customer support is nearly to impossible. This is the only downside I can really think of when speaking of Eventbrite.

William B.

The best event software is getting better

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

Fantastic, I will be using this software for years to come.

Pros

Eventbrite is already the cleanest most professional event registration system out there, and they are still making it better. They just released "add-ons" for event tickets. We are currently looking into working that into our current registration. What else can I say? Simplicity is the name of the game with eventbrite.

Also, their customer care is great. We are currently still getting pricing from 3 years ago, which is why I can't imagine ever letting this software go. You just can't beat the price and care for customers!

Cons

Eventbrites simplicity can be it's weakness sometimes. More options in the registration form could be beneficial in the future.

Kathleen D.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Eventbrite is great for planning events

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Pros

I have used Eventbrite to plan 8 events for 500+ people at each event. It really is very nice to use when you need your guests to fill out specific fields in order to make your event successful. We hosted an event where we needed 800 guests to be seated at 90 specific tables. Eventbrite did very much help us to be able to sell tickets to a broader audience and organize them as best we could. The Facebook integration is very helpful to sell tickets through our Facebook event, and the check-in through the app at the event from our iPad helped us to get 800 people through the door much faster!

Cons

It is getting increasingly expensive. I feel like the cost is becoming prohibitive to it being beneficial.

Get the best of your city

Reviewed on 2021/01/23

Overall, I really like this application. Its great to look around if you are new to the city and make connections. They can improve a bit in notifying about the events, else the application is great to use.

Pros

I was new to the city of Boston. I didn't know many people but I wanted to be a part of this educational hub. The best thing I liked about this application was the filters. I could easily apply the free events filter, for a casual day. I went to 3 MIT tech events for free and in turn ended up meeting new friends, getting a free tour and of course getting MIT merch. I never thought I could meet professors would be at this ease. Thanks to Eventbrite.

Also, buying tickets is very easy. It has such amazing reminders set to remind you of the bought ticket also. Scan option is good to use.

Cons

The one thing I disliked is that I cannot apply a specific price, place filter.

Also, another thing about filters is that they are not that wide. There are many cybersecurity-related events going on overall in the application, but when I search for that option under tech events, only 3 to 4 show up. I need to search throughout all events. Also, specific places filter is not available. For example: "Security event in MIT".

Great tool for events

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

I have really enjoyed using this software to promote and find out about events. It's very easy to use, it takes care of ticketing and is very easy to promote events.

Pros

This tool is awesome for promoting your events. They are very focused and do one thing better than anyone else. It's easy to use, easy to share, easy to on-board. I love this software and highly recommend it.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this product. I have not used customer service so I'm not sure what that is like, but I enjoy this software.

Samwel O.

Events Locator Eventbrite Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Awesome considering it has enabled me to be up to date in regards to tech events happening in Kenya. I have learnt a lot from these events and met great people in these events.

Pros

● Easy to use with a simple user interface.
● Checkout/Event Registration is simplified and very easy. I especially love the feature where if I am not logged in the platform and I am registering for an event, on clicking login link adjacent to user identification dropboxes, changes the input boxes to appropriate input boxes for login and on login, the details are auto-filled in the earlier displayed input boxes.

Cons

● Most of the time I have used it, some filters do not work for me. For example as per the time of writing this review, when I select the period of the event eg All Dates, Tomorrow, Next Week etc and click on search, it takes me to https://www.eventbrite.com/notavailable.

• Industry: Entertainment

Start-up event lovers' dream!

Reviewed on 2018/11/23

Browsing and getting ticket to the event is simplified and I would recommend it.

Pros

As someone closely follows start-up events, I think Eventbrite is such a useful and easy to use application. As you browse through events you can favourite it or add it to your calender for reminder and read the description of the event to decide if you want to go. You can see its address and location on map (useful and necessary when you're in a hurry on your way to the event) and see other similar events. I use it to find and share interesting events with my colleagues.

Cons

The variety of events are limited to formal or business events so at times I forget to look at Eventbrite when I'm searching for more casual events. Also the "About" section is very useful however when you click on "Read more" you are directed to another page. I wish it had a one sentence summary before "Read more", the sentence before it usually is interrupted and you don't get an overall idea without clicking on read more.

India O.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great application for Events that are Free

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

Eventbrite has my vote for an easy to use platform to offer and market events that are offered for free. The ability to reserve a space and get confirmation is value added. The app includes reminders keep the events you signed up for top of mind. Another favorable feature is the ability to search for "Eventbrite Events Near Me". This feature allows for impromptu outings that are often low cost. The ability to filter by mood, categories, dates or to be surprised help to hone in on the right event for your situation.

Cons

If you are planning to use EventBrite to sell tickets the platform gets more complicated and structured, including the limited ways in which you can receive money for tickets. My professional organization considered using it for small fee ticket sales for member events but the rules and at the percentage taken by EventBrite were restrictive to the point that we didn't move forward.
However, EventBrite offers three pricing structures so if you are planning a complex event, wish to get analytics from your event, reserve seating, or need on site staffing and support and have a margin of profit, then EventBrite is worth exploring.

Amy O.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Promote, Invite, & Track your Event for Free!

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

Overall I love Eventbrite. I use it multiple times a week and our whole team uses it for all of our events. It is easy to be a host when all the information for your event is in one place.

Pros

I love that there is a free version available! We host many events, and Eventbrite gives us a venue to issue tickets, track attendees, and promote our events. I like that it's easy to create events, customize options, & order forms. You can print attendee lists an other reports, which really makes this a one-stop shop if you are hosting an event. I also like that there are paid options available to integrate with your already existing CRM platforms.

Cons

The only thing I can think of that I can knock on with Eventbrite is that sometimes it's hard to hide your events from those other than who it is intended for. It's a simple fix if you check a box, but if you forget it creates a mess of canceling orders for those who may already have your event information.

Lauren C.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Eventbrite is great for seasoned event pros or those who want an automated registration process

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Pros

I like Eventbrite due to the amount of automation that comes with this product. It's easy to set up integrations such that once someone buys a ticket, they're automatically added to an email list. The partial refund ability is excellent and way better than manual refunds, and the ability to white label is excellent. Overall, Eventbrite has the most robust and customizable features for event ticketing platforms.

Cons

Honestly, the fees are the worst thing about Eventbrite. There are a variety of softwares that do almost all the things that Eventbrite does with way lower fees and because I work with clients who want a high level of customization and attention to the registration, we can do the manual parts of the registration process in order to avoid using EB and thus, avoiding the large fees.

Grant S.

The Standard for a Reason

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

It is so easy to setup an event, manage payments and RSVPs. I like knowing that Eventbrite makes it easy for my attendees to add the event to their calendar. An added bonus is the social sharing.

Cons

I would like better integration with Wordpress, and the ability to integrate Eventbrite seamlessly into my Wordpress pages. However, this isn't a huge deal since most of the time I wouldn't invest the time and effort to design and code a custom web page.

Prince K.
  • Industry: Political Organization
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great tool for hositng events

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Great, thank you for developing the platform I have enjoyed it very much!

Pros

I like eventbrite overall for hosting our events at the City. It works well and is really user friendly. I've used it for over two years hosting various events and have found it to be a great tool

Cons

I think the features on the platform can be updated. Although it's an easy tool to use, it still needs work comparable to Constant Contact.

Sarah G.

Quick and East Event Ticket Management

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Overall, I've had great success in using it for personal and business events and recommend you try it out, even for interoffice functions. Helps keep all the info organized in one place.

Pros

I do like that there is a free platform for smaller events that let you even processes tickets electronically through their phone app. I've used these for small film festivals and ticket events and using the ticket scan function helped the event stay organized. - I like the ease of setting up events with their simple forms and setup process.

Cons

If you need a more extensive detail page, then you would also have to have a separate event page. The details and photos you can put and the layout in which you can present it, is limited. The fees are bit high to me, but for the service, in most cases it's worth it to me.

Beka P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Eventbrite is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

Pros

I love that Eventbrite can be used for personal or business-run events; it's easy to use and personalize, you can email people that have signed up for the event, connect with social media platforms, and follow up afterwards with a thank you. You can use your own theme and graphics or they have lots of great themes to choose from. I like being able to make it a free rsvp only event or one people can pay for and that you can check people in that have already registered once they get to the event! So helpful!

Cons

I can't think of many cons to Eventbrite, but if I had to choose something, I'd say sometimes when I create my own theme that it saves with a funny color and when I choose a different one, it didn't save. Not a huge deal, thought.

Brent K.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used Other for 2+ years

The basic functionality is a cost-effective way to create online sign-ups for ticketed events

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

Cost--if you're not creating paid events, you can keep your usage very inexpensive. If your IT Department doesn't regularly build sign-up sites for you, this can give you easy functionality on a shoestring budget. It can be an appreciable cost for low-cost events (because the pricing would comprise a higher percentage of each ticket's revenue), but if you don't have a payment-processing solution, or don't have the financial controls or manual functionality to collect payments, then it's likely worth its value to you.

Cons

If you don't go with a custom design, your audience may recognize that you opted for a budget-oriented solution. That may not be the kind of client signaling you want to send, but the potentially low cost has to come with some kind of trade-off.