Eventbrite

4,6 (5 019)
Build, manage, and grow events

(5 019)

Molly
Molly

Eventbrite is fantastic for event registration

Reviewed on 2022/02/03

Overall, Eventbrite is great for event registration and did what we needed!

Overall, Eventbrite is great for event registration and did what we needed!

Pros

Eventbrite made it easy to set up multiple registration options for our event. It was also free to use for free events

Cons

It was a little bit hard to figure out how to pull a list of enrollees, but we eventually found it

SignUpGenius

• Industry: Publishing
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Good for Small Business to Promote Events

Reviewed on 2023/03/08

We have good experience using Eventbrite. No major issue was encountered.

We have good experience using Eventbrite. No major issue was encountered.

Pros

Eventbrite has been invaluable to smaller businesses. It enables business to easily invite customers and friends to various events or ones that people are participating in. Eventbrite is straightforward to use, with clear steps for setting up events. It fosters trust with attendees and provides an effortless way to share and promote the event. Additionally, the ability to create recurring events has been especially beneficial, as we no longer need to set up monthly events repeatedly.

Cons

In general, we don't have any major complaints. However, we have found that canceling or postponing an event can be confusing at times, as the process is not always clear and requires going through several prompts.

elizabeth

Great Event Planning

Reviewed on 2024/03/20

Eventbrite is an easy website to explore and plan events without too much effort. I love the fact there are already organizations that I can follow in my area, creating an event with AI makes the process less complicated and quicker. Overall A+

Pros

The ability to scroll through different events, not just food and music. Business, hobbies, health performing arts, etc. Makes it easy to plan around the holidays for staff or family events, locally as well as in multiple states for family trips and reunions.

Cons

I have not found any negatives but you could add Hawaii to top destinations.

Lyndsay

Several Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

Eventbrite helped me get my registration online. It served its purpose but after researching other systems, I now see how much Eventbrite's limitations cost me in time and money. Eventbrite is good if you're selling one general thing but beyond that it gets complicated. They did deposit my appropriate funds when expected.

Pros

I like that families were able to register for several different classes. I liked the ease of adding custom questions allowing me to gather the exact information I needed. Customer support did respond in a timely manner every time I needed them.

Cons

My biggest complaint is they changed the software without notifying me therefore I was not able to sell my products for over a week. I found out by accident. There was not any easy way to solve the problem. I was told to start my entire set up over again. The technology available was poor. Customer support had very little regard and/or value of my time and ability to use their product. It was confusing for my users to use the system from their end. It was common for people to register wrong. Pulling reports was cumbersome. For example, I could not pull a report of everyone who had purchased a certain product. I reached out to customer support and was told it wasn't possible. Once again. poor technology.

Xiang
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

A easy way to manage events and tickets

Reviewed on 2024/01/06

It is simple and easy to use. It has a large number of users/customers/fans, this helps us to find the targeted attendees quickly.

Pros

Easy to manage the events, and allow the host to track the attendees.
Easy way to process the payment

Cons

The function of categorization is needed or improved for users to search events.

John

Pretty good

Reviewed on 2024/03/26

Pros

I found it easy to setup an event and collect ticket information and payments.

Cons

I wish I could collect custom information more easily. I had reporting requirements that made compliance harder without those fields.

Brandon
  • Industry: Events Services

Great Service

Reviewed on 2024/04/14

Pros

The easy of setting up a event is outstanding. This company makes event managers setup very easy and walks you though step by step.

Cons

Payment of the tickets does take some time to get back.

Tami
  • Industry: Automotive

Great when hosting events

Reviewed on 2024/03/28

Pros

I love the user friendly Eventbrite when I am planning an event/party. Helps me track attendees to prepare for the events

Cons

I have not found anything that I dislike

Ka Kian
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

User Friendly Site To Check Any Event Nearby

Reviewed on 2024/03/19

Have used it for a few years, always my first choice when I am looking for an event near me.

Pros

They have done a good job in localizing the event nearby and categorizing different event types, easy access and also user friendly interface.

Cons

I do have some minor issues, sometime the website will be slightly slow and lagging.

Jessica
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Small business, Free Events

Reviewed on 2024/03/28

Pros

Easy to use, streamlined process, easy for guests.

Cons

I don’t have any complaints other than occasional glitch in the Eventbrite app.

Ron

Fast Event Planning and Management

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

The actual event turned out to be a big success. Eventbrite played a key role in that success. I would definitely consider Eventbrite for future events.

Pros

Eventbrite is easy to understand and use. The feature-set is not too broad so it's easy to quickly understand everything they offer. I was able to quickly wrap my mind around its scope and deploy an event. I appreciated how easy it was to setup a website for reservations and payment. Although I did not have alot of design options for the payment and reservation pages, the pages were streamlined and worked well. I was able to find good third-party support for lanyards and printed name badges. Being able to sell tickets at the entrance was a nice feature as well.

Pricing felt right. I received good value for the money I spent.

Cons

I did not have alot of design flexibility for the payment and reservation pages. I pretty much had to stick with their default template that makes all Eventbrite sites look the same. The event management UI was slow and awkward to use. I did have a couple of periods of site outage that caused me some pain.

Cvent Event Management

Reasons for Switching to Eventbrite

Cvent looked to be a superior solution, but it was outrageously expensive. It was way beyond my budget. Eventbrite was the right price.
Kaitlyn
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

A simple platform with the necessary features

Reviewed on 2022/07/11

Eventbrite is a functional platform for marketing events and selling tickets. I enjoyed the simplicity but was not impressed with the overall quality or quantity of features. The fees are high and it's not always easy to understand or predict how much you'll pay in fees.

Pros

I like the user friendly interface paired with a simple layout. Features and functions include: Create your event with ease, market your event and sell tickets, manage registration and attendees. Collect data for attendees by creating customer questions.
Eventbrite is easy to set up and easy to get acquainted with.

Cons

The fees are structured in a confusing manner and they can spiral out of control if your event has a high ticket price.
Integrating eventbrite with other products can be frustrating, I often experience malfunctions and have even lost data.
I wouldve liked more features and customizable aspects.

Ticketbud, Webex Events (Formerly Socio) and Ticketleap

Reasons for Choosing Eventbrite

Former products were not satisfactory or sufficient

Stova and Whova

Reasons for Switching to Eventbrite

The simplicity and ease of use drew us in along with what appeared to be fair pricing and fees
Anvita
Anvita

Eventbrite is Everything!!

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Overall my experience with Eventbrite has been fun, positive, and exciting. I love searching for community, charity, and music events to go to with my friends and family. Especially in the summer, there are so many festivals and shows going on that it can be hard to keep track, and all I have to do is search the type of event I'm looking for or the date, or enjoy looking through what they have on their homescreen and scroll until I find something I'm interested in (which is usually never a long time!). I have really enjoyed my experience with Eventbrite and would highly recommend. I have registered for and gone to numerous events that I only discovered through eventbrite with my family and friends many often, and I will happily continue using it!

Pros

I LOVE using Eventbrite to find all the local events going on around me. I go to shows and events often and I love this website so much for having so many things that are going on in one place. I love the website, it looks alive, updated, and active. The website alone has a nice look that suits its own purpose. What I love most about this service is that I can find more intimate community events that are closer to me, such as 5K's and even charity golf events, etc. that I can't normally find on "bigger" event websites. There is a wide range of events to choose from, and I love that they include community and charity events as well. I also love the checking out process, it is so user friendly and I feel secure checking out. Oh I almost forgot- I also absolutely love that I can 'search' for what event, place, and date I am interested in. I can type in "charity" and an entire list pops up, and I really appreciate the convenience and central location of finding out what's happening around me.

Cons

As with most event and ticketing websites, there is a fee to check out when buying tickets for any events that are not free. This is to be expected, and probably the only thing I "dislike" about this service. Otherwise I love that I have a range of free and ticketed events to choose from, and that for free events I can go ahead and register from Eventbrite. No other complaints here!!

Sydney

Straightforward and Easy to use

Reviewed on 2023/05/03

I use it daily to either create events, check attendance numbers, send emails to attendees, and literally so much more, and I'm so comfortable and content with the abilities of the site that I've never even considered jumping ship to one of their competitors!

Pros

It's so quick to build an event page and start selling tickets. We are a primarily events-based membership organization, and the ability to specify ticket types, and create specific questions depending on ticket type has been integral for our organization.

Cons

I wish there was a way to group ticket types, so you could have a total cap on specific ticket types (for example, three ticket types that are all in person and have a total cap of 50, while allowing virtual tickets to sell an unlimited number of times). This would make the system literally perfect for our company, but instead we have to manually check to make sure those numbers aren't too low or too high.

atitaya
  • Used for 2+ years

Amazing scheduling/event software...with the caveat that these ratings are for a very specific...

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Overall it was an amazing experience. We registered 100-125 participants with 10 pieces of mandatory information (it was a chess tournament so school, grade, level, rating, uscf id, address, phone number, cc number, child's name, parent's name). Parents found the form and payment incredibly easy to complete. The email confirmation is a nice feature. The nature of a chess tournament is that you have to register and check-in 100-125 participants in about 30 minutes on the day of the event, and have the information fields loaded into your system the night before. Eventbrite was a perfect solution for this scenario. Free-templated website builders tend to limit the number of data fields you can collect and hiring someone was not an economical or efficient option. The record of payment and list of participants was also helpful.
Setting up the first Eventbrite event was moderately time-consuming and not the easiest to get the appearance as one would like...but with some tinkering it proved to be great. Once the first event was formatted...the other 2 events we hosted were super easy to replicate

Pros

Eventbrite does a fantastic job of making itself accessible to users attending your event...and it helps tremendously with signing up a large number of participants and collecting fees. As a volunteer chess coach I was able to use Eventbrite in place of designing a website, and buying a credit card reader or square type solution. We successfully hosted three 100-125 person events (chess tournaments) and it was an amazing...5 star out of 5 star application for that size event and that frequency.

Cons

The cost (cut that Eventbrite takes out) is high. If you are running a low volume (less than 50) event...I would recommend using the free version of Eventbrite for sign up and just collect the money onsite. If you are doing a higher volume event I would recommend either hiring a helper to collect the money and invest in a square reader (or if frequent events...maybe even look into website design with payment acceptance built in). For my particular event...more information fields were needed than what free template websites allow...and Eventbrite was fantastic at being able to accommodate those needs. I love everything about the way Eventbrite works...but be careful on the cost analysis side. For us...it was the most economic/efficient way for one person to register 100-125 participants efficiently. Plan for a close to 14%-18% cut...so the efficiency and convenience that Eventbrite provides has to be worth that percentage. For my particular situation...it absolutely was.

A solid simple event registration platform

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

This is a great solution for simple, straightforward events without too many options. Once you get a lot of different sessions or tracks and registration types, it either can't accommodate or becomes very complicated to manage. Like other tools of this nature, there is a bit of a generic feel to it but that is the compromise for a widely accepted overall, plug and play software. It is effective but there are other solutions that are similar or easier to use and offer more customization options. It is highly likely that we will replace this software with something else in the near future.

Pros

Eventbrite is fairly simple to use and has most the features you would want laid out so you can build an event registration form in steps. Once you set up your account(s) if you are accepting payments, it is straightforward to duplicate events to make new ones as long as they require similar details. There are custom fields you can create with logic behind them so different users may have different options depending on the access you choose for them. There are also ways to create discount codes or hidden fields with different levels of access. This is very useful when you have tired pricing at events and variable discounts to various groups.

Cons

A lot of the settings are in places that don't make much sense and you have to go to completely different sections of the admin section to find settings that you would think are closely related to each other. Some of the features are on by default and you might never notice them until after your event registration has launched. Even though most the settings are easy to change, you basically have to go over every tab, page and setting to be sure they are all correct before you launch your campaign. When you use the custom data fields and discount features, it isn't immediately clear how it all works and again, you need to go to a couple different pages to get them set up properly so it takes some trial and error.

Marcus
  • Used for 2+ years

Automate and Streamline your Events!

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Pros

Eventbrite serves as a semi automated planning service that is mostly free to use. It allows you to book events, invite a few or a mass of people via spreadsheet or other import functionality and schedule the timing of when the invites will go out. Furthermore, it can do follow up reminders and keeps track of who opened the invitation, the attendance, and what type of ticket was purchased. Most importantly, it allows you to offer many types of attendance tickets, including a virtual attendance option if you're livestreaming. This is crucial if you're trying to get an accurate headcount of people who will be physically in attendance at your event.

Cons

The multi user interface gets a bit tricky during set up. If you want multiple individuals managing your events, the set up is initially a bit taxing but once its up and working, there isn't an issue. There should just be a click and go functionality for assigning managers and users.

Simone
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Eventbrite makes life easier!

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

Easy to use. You can have your event ticketing up and running in minutes. I have been using Eventbrite for ticketing for about five years. It has helped make event management so much easier. I used it for school admissions and event purposes, for nonprofit fundraising events where tickets were complimentary, etc. It is easy to specify the exact questions for my guests, gathering data on them that helps me in other areas. Easy integration into websites and emails. I have recommended Eventbrite to so dozens of businesses, organizations and individuals. Easy to use product and with all that I often have going on, it's nice to know I can depend on Eventbrite to quickly make a difference.

Cons

You can search for a registration based on a registrant's name. However, you cannot print a report by Registrant's last name. Not being able to print a registration report by the name of the registrant is the only reason I gave this product four stars instead of five stars. Help screens are good. The help response I received was very clear and easy to follow. It would be nice to have a live person to do a chat box with or talk to but so far, all of my questions have been addressed either in the Help screens or when contacting support.

Karen
  • Industry: Accounting

Super Easy to use and understand

Reviewed on 2021/12/20

I would use Eventbrite over and over again. It was so easy. Once I got going. The options for setting up your events, down to tracking and the reports. Simplified my experience as the Host for our Family Reunion. Our family has been using Eventbrite for the last 5 years. Much better than waiting on money to come thru the mail. It also made the Registration for the Reunion so much easier. I just printed out the list. Then checked them off as the family members showed up. I was able to see if they paid for the Cookout or just the dinner. Some paid for the entire reunion. I knew how much to buy for each event.

Pros

When I signed up to host our 56th annual Family Reunion in Clearwater Beach Florida. While not only myself lived in another state. So did a lot of the family members. Using this platform for registration and payment. Saved me so much time. No more tracking lost mail with money orders. No more wondering about who was coming and who wasn't. I was able to do all of my registrations online. The monies were automatically sent to our business account. I never had to go inside the bank. I just used the Debit Card to pay for the Reunion. They also give you an option of when you want the monies deposited. Then sure enough. It would be there. I did not have to worry about any return items. The money was always there. This made shopping a lot easier. I was constantly receiving monies months b4 the Reunion. I did not have to use any of my personal money. Unless I chose to.

Cons

The only issue that I had at first. Was setting up several events within the same platform. We had ticket sales for kids attending. Then there were the ticket sales for the adults. I also had to break down the different events for the weekend. Because, some of the family members were unable to attend. All of the events. So, I had to price every event. I also found a small glitch when sending thru text messages. The link kept breaking.

Charissa

Fundraisers for Canadian Non-Profit

Reviewed on 2023/10/27

Since our organization began hosting events 5 years ago, we have only used Eventbrite, because of its ease of access both as the administrator as well for our guests. Features such as scheduled emails to attendees, questionnaires on the registration form, and diverse ticketing, allow for diverse events to occur for our organization.

Pros

The diverse options in ticketing - such as scheduled tiers, limited tickets per tiers, promo codes, and by-donation, allows for accessible ticketing, especially as a non-profit hosting fundraising events. Our attendees range from not only audience members, but donors, volunteers, sponsors, and prospective program members. With this diversity comes unique perks such as - for different level of sponsors they have X number of promo codes for X value amount. Having these features available to be built into the event page, allows for effective and efficient ticketing and event attendee management.

Cons

Ease of attendee contact information acquisition: we value staying in touch with our supporters (donors, volunteers, attendees) - whether it be through follow-up thank you emails, inviting them to future events, or connecting them with new opportunities to get involved. When collecting the data - the primary option that is given to collect information like names and emails of the attendees - a PDF is provided, which limits our ability to add the attendees to our internal database. (For example rather than being able to bulk copy-and-paste, the user must either manually input or go to each individual separately). This turns a very simple task into quite a timely task.

Mary Lee
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

I would not recommend Eventbrite

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

My experience of Eventbrite has been very poor. It adds a great deal of time and worry to my working day whenever I have to use Eventbrite and follow up on it. Whenever possible, I avoid Eventbrite, and I have found that with some events and venues, while Eventbrite claims there is no availability, if one is able to circumvent Eventbrite and book directly, there is availability, so Eventbrite often seems a useless, even frustrating and counterproductive, unnecessary 'middle man.' I have had so many variedly negative experiences with Eventbrite, that recently, I decided for events that only book through it, if the event can be missed, it is more productive to not attend the event than deal with Eventbrite.

Pros

While I do not actually like anything about this software itself, I do like that, although with considerable difficulty, it enables me to book online for events. I simply wish that events would use different software in order to achieve the same end result of allowing booking online.

Cons

I find this software unwelcoming and overly complicated to achieve a seemingly simplistic task. It is even difficult to sign in, and I am rarely sure, even after receiving a confirmation e-mail if I have booked correctly. As a result, I regularly waste time calling the event venue the next day, if a number is provided, to check that all details have been accurately received, and often (not always, but more frequently than I regard as reasonable), despite having received a confirmation e-mail, had I not checked with the venue, I was not booked into the event, which for events with limited space is, of course, potentially especially problematic. As a culture writer, attending arts events is an important aspect of my job, and it is a great time waster and strain whenever an event is done entirely through Eventbrite, as I must check anything possible and still be nervous that I will have trouble attending a sometimes necessary event.

Katerina

Eventbrite makes it a lot easier to manage the A-Z of our events

Reviewed on 2023/10/28

Eventbrite has been a wonderful addition to our business. It used to be a huge pain to manage our events, especially the bigger ones, but thanks to Eventbrite, we've been able to easily set events up and have them look good for our clients, and have logs to refer back to afterwards. I'd definitely recommend it if you don't currently have a decent system in place

Pros

The best thing about it is its performance. We've had issues in the past where our event software would crash or start stuttering when people were trying to sign up which was very problematic for us. But we haven't ran into anything like that with Eventbrite so far. It's easy to use, looks profssional, and works smoothly

Cons

Not a huge issue but it would be good to have more tutorials and documentation to help us find new ways to use it better.

Cvent Event Management
Heidi
  • Industry: Automotive

Eventbrite Experience

Reviewed on 2023/10/27

Pros

The data analytics tools are fantastic! I like how it equips us with all the different functionalities regarding analyzing our audience and marketing.

Cons

I would hope the payment system could be optimized more.

James
  • Used for 1+ year

Helped our Check-in time by 55%!!! YES 55%!!

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Ease-of-use, Great Simple Solution that is WIDELY Accepted and Embraced by the Users! I'd like more (easier) customization options for the novice, but I know I cannot have everything. Some of that may be me as I worked with Apple quite a bit and their Training and documentation my have me biased. They have a bite-sized Micro-learning modules for just about everything!

We've used at least three others and this is leaps & bounds better than those!

Pros

OK 1) Easy-to-use Interface 2) Outstanding Central Hub for an Event 3) Helped us to Sell Tickets and Take Registrations - made it a lot easier to do and explain "how to do" for others 4) Whether at my desk or mobile at-the-event I can see and access everything! 5) User-Experience continually comes in at well-above 95% - Better than anything we've ever used! 6) Eventbrite's honesty because they tell what it CAN DO and then they help you to figure out (using a 3rd Party) to get what you want ! I am not going to go on and on, but I guess I just did! Lots to Eventbrite!

Cons

I'd like to get payout/ticket rev before the event ends, but I suppose it could be us. Also, I am not savvy as I should be to change/update colors/graphics/look-and-feel, so for me it was a lot of launch campaign, but forgot____... Or did not clearly know how to ____. I did access their online tools/FAQs and other training, it was just OK, not stellar. However though, I deal a lot with outstanding companies (Apple) that provide bite-size micro-learning modules for just about everything, so maybe it's just my bias.

Abdul Waudud
Abdul Waudud

Goto Solution for Event Registration and Ticketing

Reviewed on 2020/10/01

Pros

Eventbrite is a great tool for Event Registration and Ticketing needs. You can easily create your event here with all the event details like event description, agenda, key speakers, event venue, location, open and end time, and so on. You can easily create an invite-only or open event for registration, Paid or Free, and set registration limits per user. It generates a printable PDF ticket upon registration and Eventbrite mobile apps offer QR code tickets for paperless check-in. Various 3rd party integration available using Zapier. Its a very user-friendly and useful Event Registration and Ticketing solution.

Cons

I can't see any major lakes in Eventbrite apps. Yet maybe its event web view could be modern style and design.