Showing 93 reviews of 88

Dacast

Video hosting platform for business

Showing 93 reviews of 88
Jason H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great people. Great service.

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

We needed the ability to allow our entire user base to be able to upload video game performance videos directly into the service. This means many thousands of different people from anywhere in the world, with incredibly large video uploads.

We were able to accomplish this. There is nothing more to say.

Pros

Bottom line is that it works. It's consistent. It's straightforward. The support available is prompt, understanding and interested in supplying the best product and service they can.

Cons

I have no complaints. The software and company have completely met my expectations. I am not exaggerating.

Response from DaCast

Hi Jason! Thanks a lot for your review. We are so pleased to keep on working with you and will definitely keep on serving you for many more adventures!

Gandhi B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

A great alternative for broadcasting

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Almost a year broadcasting, working just fine on a daily basis.

Pros

The great variety of settings you have to get the image do you need. The price it's also great for my needs.

Cons

In my case, the learning curve. I was not familiar with this kind of broadcasting.

Response from DaCast

Hello Gandhi! Thanks a lot for your comment, glad to hear you use our services every day. We take the point on the learning curve: it is important for us to get people to live easily, but it can be sometimes harder than expected.

Luca M.

Dacast user review

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

We usually use Dacast for our streaming service in the equestrian competition. We found this service very affordable since the first time. We have never had problems with service interruptions, which is very important to guarantee good live streaming services.

Pros

Easy to set up. Stable and safe even in intensive use.

Cons

we would like more development in the off-line part of the software

Response from DaCast

Hi Luca! Thanks a lot for your comment. We will do our best to build our offline services in the future with our soon to be out new app!

Ashley B.
  • Industry: Think Tanks

Excellent entry-level introduction to Live Streaming behind a paywall

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

We were able to offer live videos of our event to out of town guests at a cost where our in person guests wouldn't have been offended and try our a new service that we could benefit from a good ROI.

Pros

This was my organizations first time trying to profit off of a live-stream and the paywall feature DaCast offers was the perfect fit. They have the ability to social share to Facebook and Twitter as well as embed the videos into our own website! Customer service is always available and promptly responds when I was setting up the account.

Cons

The videos were sometimes slow to load. Setting up the channel to save or download the videos after were also not very clear and ultimately resulted in us losing one video.

Response from DaCast

Thank you Ashley for your review. Happy to read it. We are taking your feedback into consideration for our upcoming upgraded video platform. Have a nice weekend!

Oscar M.

Excellent technology

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Security in my videos.

Pros

Its multiple adaptation for the html5 player, the blocking of the player through the url, the personalization of its interface among many other things.

Cons

The cost is very high compared to its competitors. They charge you for things that are not clear, the bandwidth traffic for example is very expensive.

• Industry: Online Media
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Solid live streaming solution which could be easier to use

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Pros

Could be a great solution for many organizations looking for an HTML 5 device agnostic solutions that offers low-latency streaming . The ability to add a paywall is very cool, but not something I tested in the trial or would use in my industry. But can see it being an amazing option for webinar creators.

Cons

Being a live streaming profession this wasn't much of an issue for me, but the software is not something I suggest for a newer streamer. Or at least it will take some time to get used to it. I tested it when evaluating other streaming platforms and there are certainly more convenient and easier to use solutions.

Response from DaCast

Hello dear user!
Thank you your very professional point! It is great to hear that. We also are taking your "Cons" point in consideration as we are currently working on a future and better User Experience for our platform!
Thanks a lot.

Dubravko A.

Amazing platform

Reviewed on 2019/05/05

I'm using it for 3 years now and I'm fully happy with DaCast! Value for money is the best that I was able to find, setting up only took few minutes and I'm using it for streaming TV program for 3 years without any problems.

Pros

Easy to use, affordable, stable and support is always ready to provide assistance

Cons

I would suggest only few modification on user interface (website) in order to have the most useful options in a single page.

Response from DaCast

Hi Dubravko!
Thanks a lot for your review, we all enjoy your support. Happy streaming!

Drew C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Every streaming and hosting service should run as smoothly as Vzaar.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

Ease of use. the software interface has a natural progression, instructions and samples in laymen's terms. In the years I have been using Vzaar, I can count on this software to deliver my needs to customers without fear of malfunctioning. Customer support is always knowledgable and reactive in a timely manner.

Cons

analytics could be a little more user friendly, and a trending function should be added. Software support should be 24/7

A great partner to work with!

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Best value for the money. Kudos to the great team.

Pros

A dedicated team who is working hard on making life easier for the content owners.
They offer a very simple and intuitive platform where you can easily start streaming your event or video across all platforms and devices. The integrated Paywall is another plus as you can start monetizing your content in no time.
Last but not least their pricing structure is straight forward and flexible enough so that can be used by everyone, from very small publishers to big clients who have daily live streams with a big audience who expect nothing but the best in quality.

Cons

Can’t think of any since their support team is doing a great job in helping with any issues a client comes through.

Response from DaCast

Happy to read this review, our team is working hard to help our customers 24/7 :)

David S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good solution for any TV channel

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Overall I’m happy

Pros

Easy and fast setup. And also affordable prices.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to login to watch, if system is on subscription based video.

Response from DaCast

Thank you for your review David!
Regarding our subscription system, we are currently upgrading it so you should have a good surprise very soon :)

Anant A.

Best video streaming experience

Reviewed on 2018/12/30

The overall experience is amazing and I will refer others..one of the best thing it is very reasonable and value for money

Pros

Backend has various facilities and easy to use as per admin prospective whereas streaming is very fast and happy with the performance

Cons

I don't find anything,we need to think again

Response from DaCast

Hi Anant,
Thank you for your review, happy to read it and to keep working with you on the growth of your business. Happy streaming !

Alan C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

We have used Vzaar for several years and the service has performed extremely well.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Easy way to provide feedback to vendors

Pros

The system is solid and works without issue. Vzaar automatically handles distribution and plan on multiple platforms without any additional user intervention. It is flexible in distributing to various viewing groups with minimal effort.

Cons

Upload and encoding speeds are good but I would like it to be faster. The speeds have increased dramatically over the years that I have been using Vzaar.

Michael Y.

Great customer service and flexible!

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

I have used other companies in the past and they would not work with my specific needs - VZAAR did! They helped customize my account for what I needed when it did not fit into a specific plan.

Pros

There are many things I like about Vzaar. A few of them are flexible accounts, price, service, easy dashboard navigation, and many technical options.

Jason K.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Reliable and Effective

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

I am very impressed with Dacast. Having used youtube live in the past, we were frustrated with operation and reliability. Using OBS software requires the Dacast version of OBS, we didn't realize that right away. Once we did, we were up and running quickly.

Pros

Simplicity and ease of use, great analytics!

Cons

Operator error but, we didn't realize we needed the Dacast version of OBS.

Response from DaCast

Hi Jason! Thanks a lot for your comment. Its always good to be put right vs the Youtube Giant! Cheers!

Dimitrios I.

DaCast

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Very good

Pros

very stable

Cons

The streaming video is not stored for playback in the future

Response from DaCast

Thanks a lot Dimitrios! Simple but key features :)

Alejandro L.

We work with Dacast for over a Year sadly the streaming is poor now

Reviewed on 2018/07/23

Few months ago it was really great but lately the streaming service has been decreasing in quality.

Pros

Excelent Support, nice platform and easy to understand, great features that can be a really good tool.

Cons

Even with all of the features the streaming experience has been so poor lately, for that price you expect stability and quality transmission but none of that happens. If you are looking for stability reliability and quality, sadly this is not the option for you right now. There are another options for less price that covers all of those needs.

Response from DaCast

Hi Alejandro,
It is unfortunate that you did not contact your account executive or our 24/7 support team to report your issue as we have no record of it.
We would have been very happy to help and solve your issue. It is too bad that you will not get a chance to try out our new features coming up but if you change your mind, let us know and we will make sure you can try all of them.
Good luck with your future streaming events!

José javier D.

Very easy to configure video hosting for any operation no matter size.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Easy implementation, great price, easy to configure and ad team members to manage videos.

Pros

Pricing, accesible support and easy interface makes the service a good choice. If you are new to video hosting, this is the place to start.

Cons

The players look and feel is farely basic. For some high end design websites, the video player style might be too simple or require additional customizations with support from experienced coders or designers.

Ryan K.

Salesperson too busy to speak to me

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

I was on a call with one of their sales people, who shall remain named [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. And he had to leave to go to a meeting. He didn't call me back.

Pros

It works - but it didn't quite fit 100% of my needs, so the ability to talk to someone was ace. However...

Cons

The people running it are not so cool. They called me, I was busy. Their voice mailbox was full so I was unable to leave a message. When I finally got hold of someone - they were late for a meeting and had to go. What the deuce? Never did get a call back. Signed up for Vimeo Pro while I was waiting.

Pooja M.

Easy Management

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

Pros

Using this majorly for the videos. Very easy to use. Looks neat and well organised.

Cons

Tried to upload a very high res video, it failed

Response from DaCast

Hi Pooja, thank you for your review.
Please send us more details about the video you tried to upload so we can fix your issue as soon as possible :)

Brian C.
  • Industry: Higher Education

DaCast live streaming service

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Streaming training courses for students that are unable to attend in person.

Pros

I was looking for a CDN that provided a reasonably priced starter package, that would support multiple channels while offering reliability. I found the help and setup guides generally comprehensive and clear. Support was available online to assist with setup and the service worked as described.

Cons

There is a significant latency - about 30 seconds - between live action and the stream. Not a problem for viewers, but as starting a stream can take a while, it can be a long time to wait to view your own transmission to get the reassurance that all is working. It would be a bonus if there was a chat facility or other way to get feedback from viewers.

Response from DaCast

Hi Brian,
Thank you for your review! I invite you to try our new complete and affordable low latency streaming solution that will reduce your latency to 10s or less.
Regarding the chat, we are taking it into consideration and will keep you posted.
Happy streaming!

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Streaming dream

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Pros

The white label player which allowed us to howcase ourselves and not facebook

Cons

The inability to have on offline saved version of what we streamed for a even a short term

Response from DaCast

Hello! Thanks a lot for your review and your comment.
About your issue, do not hesitate to write on our support website. We will probably find a way to help you get your record offline!
Talk to you soon and happy streaming.

Justin T.
  • Industry: Legal Services

DaCast is a great scalable streaming solution

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

I have had a great experience using DaCast and highly recommend it.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use on the producer’s end and how versatile it is.

Cons

The stream could be more consistent, occasionally I have users report trouble loading until they refresh their browsers.

Response from DaCast

Thank you Justin for your review!

Pesi U.
  • Industry: Events Services

Good service

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Very good.

Pros

Its functionality and features, especially its low-latency feature and the ability to monetize the webcast

Cons

Entering URL's into our encoder is a little bit cumbersome for the low latency channels.

Response from DaCast

Hi Pesi!
Thanks a lot for your review, as you might know, we are always working on improving our services, and you will be (one of) the first to know as soon as something new is coming up!
Talk to you soon!

Stu S.

Overall, a Very Good Organization with Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

I am very happy with the streaming quality and the reliability now that they have most of the issues worked out. It is the best value for the money spent and I expect to remain with DaCast as long as my programming continues to stream on the Internet.

Pros

The pricing structure is probably the best thing about DaCast. It's affordable (unlike many of their competitors), and their customer service is top notch. My rep usually gets back to me within an hour after I e-mail him, and their tech support people are always available to chat regardless of the time...and they are very helpful. If they can't resolve a problem, they send it to their higher-ups and it gets taken care of pretty quickly.

Cons

Some of the CDNs have buffering issues depending on where they are, but they seem to have repaired these over the past few months. The analytics reports have also been a problem in the past, but they too seem to have been remedied of late. The PPV on demand interface is a bit cumbersome and difficult for some non-tech-savvy customers of mine to navigate. That would be the only issue I wish DaCast could simplify...it's a really big deal to log in once an account has been created and they don't allow for users to change their passwords - if forgotten, DaCast issues them a randomly-generated new one and they are difficult to remember. I also don't like the fact that clients must wait until an accumulation of $100 or more via PPV sales is reached before they can transfer funds from DaCast...and the first transaction takes 35 days. That is ridiculous.

Response from DaCast

Hello Stu, thanks a lot for your review, and thank you even more for your comment, we are always eager to improve and will consider it!
Happy streaming.

Lawrence F.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A Great Streaming Solution

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

We have had a great experience with DaCast streaming as a service. From our 24/7 streaming to our occasional LIVE event broadcasts, we find that DaCast helps to supply our needs for streaming to our audience. The customer support with DaCast has been excellent, with quick responses and very knowledgeable to help us troubleshoot and get things set up when we started the service. Overall, we are thankful and grateful for this service and support team.

Pros

We provide 24/7 streaming to a wide audience internationally as well as in the USA. We had a streaming provider that began to be too costly for what we did as a non-profit organization. So in our search for a better provider, we found DaCast to be the best solution for our needs at a great rate. With flexible plans based on bandwidth, and the ability to make unlimited events, for us, this works great! Now we can continue to make our 24/7 streaming available to our audience thanks to DaCast.

Cons

The only thing we did not like was that DaCast did not have their own broadcaster box to connect to our Sony Camera to stream directly from our camera to the live event. We had to use our computer to stream and eventually found a third party broadcasting box solution that integrates with DaCast streaming service.

Response from DaCast

Hello Lawrence! It is great to read your review, I really appreciate the fact that you have a full use of our 24/7 support. DaCast will keep on supporting you and provide you with a scalable solution at the best prices!
Best streaming.