Wistia

A video platform to create, host, manage, and measure videos

Kevin M.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Easy Video Mgmt and Deployment

Reviewed on 2021/03/05

Very positive. With the ability to setup turnstiles and gated videos, we were able to integrate them into our inbound campaigns. Also, linking videos to our ecom website allowed us to demonstrate a clear ROI after the first couple of months.

Pros

Easy and intuitive interface to manage, deploy and track all of our videos. You can then configure each video to allow or not allow customers to share, download, etc.
Super easy to embed videos on your websites or within email campaigns. Also like that solution allows you to easily convert your videos to various sizes, dimensions and file fomats.

Cons

The Soapbox offering, which is a free tool that allows users to make videos, is great but its setup as a separate offering. Would be most ideal if this was more integrated into the base Wistia platform.

Marcos G.

Everything about these guys is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

creativity, commitment, ease, communication, collaboration, sharing, efficiency, productivity, improvement, fast streaming, very good support, continuous learning

Pros

Their product is the best! One of the best things is how fast the video load on any device. Besides that I love how much effort and compromise they put into supporting, teaching and sharing knowledge!

Cons

Not long ago they changed their charging structure and that affected our processes a lot, but still.. they are worth it!

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great for an enrichment of user behaviour on video content

Reviewed on 2020/01/29

Overall - very positive!
it's a simple tool with a huge impact on the engagements of users.
so we're still using youtube videos for integrated traffic on the site whereas Wistia is used in a more strategic way on the site / landing pages and with deeper video content that relate to the later stages of the buying cycle to add scoring to the overall prospect.

Pros

1) using wistia to enrich the customer journey's data in understanding their overall engagement is really great. Wistia's API is really easy to use and integrates with other MA tools which allows you to get a better understanding of the scoring / engagement of a prospect in their overall buying cycle (while providing info such as watch time, play rate, engagement rate ...)

Cons

the design of the player is not fully customisable which is not always ideal for admins / marketers if you're trying for it to fit in a very slick way with your site / landing page

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS TOOL

Reviewed on 2017/12/22

I absolutely love this tool and recommend it to other companies. This is a must-have tool for any company.

Pros

It integrates with Salesforce. It's a great way to know which leads are more likely to closing. We're able to see if they have watched our marketing videos. We are able to see which ones they have watched, how long they watched it for. I absolutely love this tool. I have no idea what we would without this tool.

• Used Other for 6-12 months

I manage a client existing Wistia account

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

The price simply does not make sense to me.
But since I am not the one paying for it, it is not a concern.
If you can afford it, great - it is excellent quality software and video hosting.
My experience using it as an administrator is superb and have no complaints.

Pros

There is no doubt Wistia is super high-quality video hosting.

They have partnerships with course hosting companies such as Podia, of which I am a customer of.

All the features Wistia have are excellent, the quality is awesome. Embedding for example, is excellent.

Cons

Two things specifically:

I find the price a bit rich. $99/month for 10 videos. Yet, I am a Podia user and I get unlimited video hosting and it is the same player exactly (partnership). I see no point being with Wistia directly, although I love their service.

(b) What Podia does not offer with the Wistia player is customization within the player. That's the benefit of paying Wistia directly. However, I know that Wisita in-built player customization is not as good as Vidello in my opinion. Vidello is 9/10 for me, whereas Wistia is 8/10.

Storage of high quality content

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Pros

This software allows me to store and visualize the content of audiovisual projects for my audience. There is no capacity limit per project and this represents a great advantage for the company.

Cons

Its costs of use were raised after having years of use, now it is much more expensive to create a project in Wistia.

Steven T.

Solid Video Marketing Tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Amazing video software product.

Pros

Their software ties nicely with other platforms, allowing you to use the data you're capturing from video analytics.

Cons

They came out with a new tool called Soapbox. I feel it should just be a part of their overall package offered.

• Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Wistia Works

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Overall, Wistia is a great platform and I really believe it will take off!

Pros

Wistia is a great video sharing and building platform, a mix between Wipster and Youtube, or Vimeo. I most enjoy that it's easy to pickup and not overly complicated.

Cons

I least like that Wistia is so unheard of, and people are hesitant to try a new product and stick to what's familiar.

Bryan W.

Refreshing change from You Tube

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

We have an explainer video for each of our partners (over 100) and Wistia makes keeping track of these videos as well as sharing them extremely easy.

Pros

It is not only very easy to upload videos, but to manage and customize them as well. Nothing against You Tube because I use that as well but their user experience can be a bit overwhelming to someone using it for the first time.

Cons

You don't get a lot of uploads with the free version.

Great for professional video hosting

Reviewed on 2018/11/17

Pros

Really professional, lots of options for how you want your thumbnail, start screen, icons, etc. to appear. Great for tracking views on your website videos – my company exclusively uses Wistia for marketing videos on the website and training videos in our Help Center. Very happy with this program.

Cons

I just saw another review of Wistia that mentioned the user community and company content – which I have never seen before! So I suppose a con would be that this type of content isn't immediately visible to non-admin users of the program and I wish it was.

Andrew T.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Good video reviewing software

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Pros

Was great for getting notes from clients and internal notes on videos for a production company I worked for that specialized in educational videos. It was pretty easy to use and login and didn't have any issues with video playback.

Cons

The notes on the timeline could be easier to consolidate into a word doc later.

Sarah A.
  • Industry: Design

Wistia is the best!

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

Using Wistia, we've been able to host some of agency's work to share with others through our site or eblasts, etc. The main benefit is that allows us to show clients/customers our capabilities easily, which has helped us land accounts!

Pros

Wistia is a great tool for hosting videos! Integrates with most any software you'd need, is customizable, easy to use and great quality. Love how easy it is to blend with your site and brand -- just great overall!

Cons

Wistia is not great for social sharing. It's also a little confusing on the SEO side, but that's really it.

Expensive but so many useful features

Reviewed on 2018/03/10

Dead simple video hosting and analytics!

Pros

We use wistia for any video content that is extremely important for a user to see.

There's tracking and analytics, CTAs, and a lot of flexibility with their video. For example: I can make different things happen when users are at the 50% mark of a video because of how easy Wistia makes.

Plus, it's so easy to gather analytics in their dashboard.

Cons

Wistia is pretty pricey compared to the others. And sometimes, the video doesn't load as fast as Youtube/Vimeo.

Joshua S.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Be a professional, use professional tools

Reviewed on 2015/11/05

If you are creating great video content, why not leverage those videos to their greatest potential. Wistia has a full set of professional features to take your videos to the next level. Marketing integrates naturally into the wistia infrastructure.

Pros

-user friendly
-reporting features are easy to understand
-integrates with Hubspot and other marketing platforms
-optimized fast streaming
-ability to email gate videos or add CTA's to the end

Cons

-sometimes so many features that it is hard to use it to fullest potential
-can be expensive for the casual user with lots of videos

Camila A.

Videos at hand

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

In the company we use Wistia to host the videos of the courses that are uploaded to our platform. It is extremely easy to use, super simple to access and even easier to synchronize

Cons

Maybe the only bad thing that I would stress about this software is that the prices on some occasions and depending on what you use it for are very high.

Rachel T.

Wistia Is The Platform Preferred For Video Hosting

Reviewed on 2017/11/20

Great video hosting platform!

Pros

Wistia gives us a dynamic video hosting platform, where we host a number of highly engaging tutorial videos.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about the software aside from the fact that they've limited the basic package options and functionality.

Great for video hosting!

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

We post our webinar archives on wistia and we are able to get a link to embed our videos elsewhere if needed, in emails, social media, etc. It is great to see the # of views.

Cons

I wish we were able to see who viewed the video, where the viewer cam from, etc. It would be helpful to see that coming from the Marketing side of things!

David M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great platform to share & embed videos

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

Pros

Easy to embed videos onto website pages, we use Hubspot CMS for our website. Great thumbnail options.

Cons

No options to edit or filter video recordings.

Paige B.

Wistia - To Video or Not To Video?

Reviewed on 2016/11/30

I like the idea of video. But I'm not sure that setting up my own "video" gig with lighting and the tripod and my iphone is at the quality that I want it to be "yet". I think there needs to be a bit more editing tools inside Wistia to make it stand a part from say..youtube. I mean, I take videos with my ipad and upload them into YouTube..and they seem to be about the same quality. Just need a little more "magic" to want to pay for a service at this time.

Pros

Easy to crop down videos

Cons

Needs to have more editing to make it look better. Take my so-so video and make it awesome with graphics and graphic packages..etc.

Andrew M.

Love Wistia features and service

Reviewed on 2020/03/02

I personally have loved using Wistia. It is very user friendly and intuitive. The staff at Wistia are awesome and responsive to inquiries. I would highly recommend them.

Pros

There are many things to love about Wistia. Some of the key things that I liked most are:

- The simple user interface
- The ability to customize for conversions (end screens, chaptering, CTA's etc.)
- The ability to connect to HubSpot CRM with a more holistic picture of a lead to see what video content they have engaged with
- The ability to duplicate videos for different locations to isolate performance data
-The ability to provide our channel with video's and evaluate their performance
- The ability to replace a video without having to update all the locations it exists. This option is awesome because you have the choice to keep the statistics or start fresh
-The ability to make a channel and customize the channel for like content to keep the viewer engaged with like content
- The ability to have various teams in Wisitia from Marketing, Sales, Support, UX etc and isolate access
- The fact that they are continually putting out new features that are beneficial at various stages of the marketing and sales funnel

Cons

-I wish it would a little easier to customize end screens and CTA's. It would be nice if there was templates you could use and alter for these with your own content and brand. Or if there was a marketplace to purchase high converting designs.
- It would be nice to be able to customize the channel page more with your own brand fonts and layout options. Again pre-done templates for this would be a great feature.

Solid At Protecting Content

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Wistia has been great to help secure video content and make it look more original than if we hosted on other platforms like Vimeo or Youtube.

Pros

Wistia is by far the best major player at protecting the content you put up. There are always ways to work around security if someone really wants to download your content, but so far Wistia has been the best.

Cons

The price point isn't cheap when you consider you could host for free on other platforms, but it's a small price to pay to have content that looks professional. As long as you're earning an income based on the video content you're storing on the site, it shouldn't be a big issue.

Michael K.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Wistia is great for sharing webinars and presentations

Reviewed on 2020/12/31

We have several video-sharing apps that can be shared internally amongst our emplloyees, but this is a secure app that allows us to share videos (product summaries, Q&A sessions, etc.) with our external customers. For that reason, it's an invaluable tool.

Pros

I like that we can use Wistia to share videos not only internally, but with our external customers as well. I also like the playback functions for the videos.

Cons

There's nothing that it's missing. It's good software for our use case. Perhaps the ability to embed the videos in another webpage would be helpful, but it's not that necessary for our purposes.

• Industry: Chemicals

Youtube for the business

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Overall very satisfied. We will always use Wisita for its simplicity and easy to embed/share and track video views etc.

Pros

-Ability to share videos privately
-Great Call to action options on the video
- Great tool for Individual departments to showcase and keep track of Stats on video

Cons

- Lacks some of the basic editing capabilities such as cutting and joining.
- Plans are a bit pricy compared to other video solutions
- Support is limited and usually through email.

Spencer F.

If YouTube and Vimeo could only be this good...

Reviewed on 2012/01/24

I cannot imagine a more perfect solution for anyone who needs a video management system for content that needs to be kept private or behind a paywall. Even if that is not a requirement, the extensive tools, superb mobile capability of their native management system, and great customer service make Wistia a "dream".

Pros

Wistia provides an incredibly powerful and flexible way for entrepreneurs and businesses to manage, distribute, and monetize their video content.

Unlike YouTube and Vimeo, the key differentiator is the fact that you have absolute control over the location where you content can be accessed, embedded, or downloaded. Likewise, you have complete control over the look and feel of your embed design, popups, video galleries, SEO, heatmaps, and much much more.

The customer service and creativity at this company is also a HUGE selling point. I challenge anyone to actually reach someone at Youtube (HA!) or Vimeo by phone (not likely... even though they are a "small" company). With Wistia, you can actually PHONE them if or when you have an idea, a problem, or a need for further help.

Within five minutes of using their free trial, we knew at LabSecrets.com that we had found a real PARTNER in Wistia... and we've never looked-back since!

Cons

None that I have found yet.

Ashley N.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Love Wistia

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Saves money and time!

Pros

I have been using Wistia for years and bring it with me to every company I join. It's one of my favourite marketing tools. The cost is amazing for the features and compared to other video hosting companies the cost can't be beat. I love how they keep the platform simple and easy to use. They continually push out new features to make the platform better. Oh the videos they produce themselves are awesome and helpful!

Cons

None - once you try it out you will be hooked to! I have never needed to use the customer support team so I am not sure how good or bad they are.