Email on Acid Reviews

Email Testing and Rendering

4.2/5 (14 reviews)

Email on Acid is a Must Have

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Email on Acid is a must for me since I am an email marketer. When using templates over and over and changing the code, errors can happen and I fully trust Email on Acid to tell me if my email if my email is broken or not rendering properly. I will not send an email until I run it through here first.

Pros

What I love about Email on Acid is how quickly I can see how my email renders across all email providers as well as internet browsers. I always rely on this tool to make sure my emails will be sent out with no issues. The one cool thing that I really do love is that I can use their optimizer to check my HTML code. Since I am not fully fluent in coding, I find myself using existing templates and making modifications to the code. Many times I notice an error in the code and am not sure what is broken or wrong, but when I take the code and run it through Email on Acid's code optimizer, it tells me the errors and fixes them.

Cons

I have no complaints about Email on Acid. I have always had a great experience with it.

William T.

Long time user, and the evolution of Email on Acid has been great!

Reviewed on 2017/12/16
Review Source

Pros

I've been using Email on Acid for about 6 years, and its managed to evolve, adapt, and stay relevant as HTML email gets more complicated in a more responsive world.

There is almost no wait-time between when I deploy a test email to Email on Acid and when I can start viewing renderings.

They also have great articles about HTML email trends, useful snippets for those hard to fix bugs (I'm looking at you Outlook).

Cons

Their latest (within the last month or two of this article) UI refresh is a little wonky. I'm sure they'll have the kinks out by the time you read this.

A cheaper alternative that gets the job done

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/12/05

If you're a company with an unlimited budget, then I would choose Litmus. But for the rest of us, especially freelancers/contractors, Email on Acid is a great choice that won't let you down. I have peace of mind when everything finally renders appropriately across email clients/devices. Getting there can be a royal pain, but EoA is a major help.

Pros

Email screenshots happen almost instantly. You can automatically trigger an email test by sending a test message to your EoA account. You can configure which email clients to include, and share the results.

Cons

This still feels a bit like a 'budget' product, compared to Litmus. The price tag definitely reflects that, and boy am I thankful there IS a cheaper option. So I won't complain too much. But I do sometimes get frustrated that certain screenshots take forever, and sometimes they render badly. Small price to pay for a product that's actually in my budget as a freelancer.

Rob H.

Used in two capacities with different clients... user and admin. Easy once you get the hang of it.

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Pros

It was easy to get started. I LOVE being able to just send an email to a "secret" address and get visual results for various email clients for testing. The pricing is fair and straightforward.

Cons

Can't seem to figure out how to get help with correcting small code issues or code typos. Would be a nice feature. Perhaps the platform could offer tips based on your html.

Daryl H.

Frequent User

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

I use this software A LOT. It is very intuitive to use and it is helpful in ensuring your emails look great.

Pros

I love the idea behind this software so you can see how your emails will appear in multiple clients, but...

Cons

I dislike that this software allows you to see your ememo across multiple clients because then project managers get caught up in details in obscure email clients.

Ariel D.

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

Leah C.

Email on Acid Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

We run all our email blasts through Email on Acid and feel confident our emails will look their best. Email on Acid saves us time so we don't have to do our own testing on every client.

Pros

Love all the different clients that show how your email will look.

Cons

Sometimes it takes awhile for the screen shots of your email to render.

Dylan E.

Cheap, but slightly limited, email tester

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/05/17

It helped us to quickly test our emails in a wide range of email clients, something that is almost impossible to do manually. It helped us find a number of bugs in our emails and in our styling and the styling coach helped us to quickly identify the attribute that was causing the issues.

Pros

It is relatively cheap (cheaper than most competitors), while still having a wide range of email clients to test in. There is a free trial that is more than sufficient to try out all the main functionalities of the application, so you can try it out (and even update some emails) without any costs.

The email styling coach was surprisingly useful, since all hints were very concrete and lists the offending line of code.

Cons

The list of email client, although extensive, does not have the latest versions of some popular clients (during my work with the application it was missing the latest IBM notes and therefore could not reproduce a known bug).

Ramona E.

Email testing done right

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/03/14

When creating a new email, it is important that is looks right to all users. We use Email on Acid to make sure we achieve this.

Pros

This cloud-based application allows you to 'test' emails in a number of different email clients. Anyone who has worked on emails knows that email clients are notoriously bad at implementing all features, which means that often your email will look great on one email client, but crappy on another (because you need to use some client-specific attribute). This application allows you to enter HTML and see how it looks in various email clients. It even gives code suggestions to help make the email look uniform over all clients.

Cons

The only minor downside I have found is that some older (but still in use) email clients are not present.

If you do email marketing professionally, you need Email on Acid

Reviewed on 2018/02/18
Review Source

Pros

Email on Acid is the de facto industry standard for testing marketing emails across devices and browsers. There isn't anything like it. It's pretty simple and easy to use with basically no learning curve.

Cons

No real cons, you even get a trial to evaluate the service before beginning to pay. It would be nice if it integrated with email marketing systems so testing could be managed in the same system.

Russell C.

Great Email Preview Tool, But Litmus Is Better

Reviewed on 2018/08/26

Pros

Email on acid is a great tool for what it's supposed to do. Gives you previews for all the clients you would possibly need.

Cons

It's a fine software but if you're looking for a email preview tool then you should just use litmus.

5.0/10
Christine M.

Reviewed on 2016/04/14
Review Source

Good product for a low price

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/01/08
Review Source

Pros

This is one of the best email services I have used. Especially for the price point, I feel like this is a great, flexible platform that keeps your mind at ease.

Cons

The interface can be clunky at times. Although my complaints are at a minimum because its always easy to figure out in the end.

Saving.tate M.