Vivantio Pro Reviews

Vivantio Pro

Flexible, Trusted, Reliable Service Desk Software

4.3/5 (71 reviews)
Geoffrey W.

Great for small businesses, less good for large enterprises

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

Vivantio does what it says on the tin, and for a small organisation it does a fine job. The weaknesses only become apparent when the numbers of users passes around 20, tickets pass 100 per week and customers pass around 20. Then you start to realise that there are too many manual steps in the use of the system. A good example is SLA (service level agreement) reporting; how have we performed this month against the targets we are contractually obliged to meet? An analyst works on a ticket, sends an update, then marks the ticket 'awaiting customer'. The SLA clock stops. The customer replies, but crucially there is no mechanism to start the SLA clock again, and if no one notices the SLA clock does not start again. For a small business this is not much of a problem but in the big leagues being unable to measure performance against SLA is the same as failing SLA.

Reports look great but are a nightmare to set up. If you don't know crystal reporting you may need a course just to send out a daily report of how many tickets you have open.

The Change workflow is rather good though. Custom workflows can be defined, where a user raises a change and submits it for approval. Any number of approvers can then be notified and the change can only be actioned when all the necessary approvers have given their go-ahead. One downside is that each person who actions the change must choose who does the next action, and if anyone forgets no tasks are assigned to anyone. Again, this is fine for low use, but if you are dealing with a hundred changes a week and need to convene a CAB meeting you may risk missing something.

The support department are helpful and friendly though. Always a pleasure to deal with.

Overall, I would say that Vivantio improved my own service desk, but outlived its usefulness in around 4 years.

Pros

Ease of use;
easy to set up and configure;
helpful support staff;
cloud-based and so can be used from anywhere;
configurable change workflow;
self-service portal;
auto-update of changes via email;
Licencing by concurrent users, meaning that many users can be set up, but there is a limit on how many can access the system at once. This is very useful for users raining changes who do not need to access the system often, and keeps the cost down.

Cons

Functionality quite basic;
No accurate way to measure SLA;
not enough automation - it needs to be able to automatically change statuses, assignees, etc., based on user actions

6.0/10
Jamie A.

Good features, but Interface could be improved

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

There are some good improvements over the old Vivantio platform. However, the lack of a good mobile experience holds the product back, it is simply unusable on a mobile phone, and I do not know of an app at this point

Also, it would be better if each user had a dashboard as standard that would list all items assigned to the user, (incidents, calls, tasks )

Also, if we could simply refresh a section of the screen, eg the list of incidents, that would be useful, instead of refreshing the whole page

If the site could remember the section are user is on, so when they return to site they go straight to the same section. many users will only be interested in open incidents that are assigned to their team

Finally the search could be improved. If you search for an incident by keyword, often, no results are found, even when that keyword exists in an incident. We raised this as a support call, and the response was that we should filter by dates in order to narrow the search. This would be fine if the system displayed a message to use dates to narrow the search, but the system simply says "No items to display", which is inadequate from a user experience point of view, and simply wrong from a logic point of view

Pros

features

Cons

UI

David L.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

Having worked in IT support for a number of years across different industry sectors, I have used a number of different Helpdesk ticketing/service management products. Vivantio is easy to modify which makes it easy to give a better quality environment and ensure good adoption rates from your users. The customer portal we set up has been very well received. It's quick, responsive and overall the best product I've used! Highly recommended!

Pros

Easy and quick to modify and use. Ability to monitor a raft of IT Services such as change management, service desk tickets, problem management. Aligns to ITIL best practices.

Cons

Web views can sometimes be slow to update and cannot switch easily between windows if you need to go back and check something.

Naechane R.

Proactive Service

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

I use Vivantio on a daily basis as part of my IT support role. The upgrade that was done in 2014 has been fantastic. On occasions there may be so slow processing but the customer service department are always proactive in informing us of any technical issues they are experiencing with the service that affects us as the customer.

Quick and responsive
expansive and through

Cons

search criteria can be sometime confusing when trying to search for calls users or assets without the IN number

David C.

A solid incident management tool.

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

All time and incidents easily logged and followed, with easy to use queues for each individual user to keep track of each agent. We're also able to quickly create and view KB articles on the fly to transfer common knowledge.

Pros

Clean interface and easy to use. Highly customisable in regards to queues, and an easy to use scheduling system to schedule various automated tickets, with checks or standard template incidents.

Cons

It can be quite slow to quickly switch between tickets if you need to compare information between multiple incidents.

Geraldine R.

Lessen the downtimes

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

There are several times that our support line experienced downtime during shifts. That makes us unable to work on our tickets properly. Although, the support team of vivantio is very helpful, we wish you can lessen the downtime of the app on specially on the time we use it most.

Pros

It is capable of making reports that is easy to use and read.

Cons

unexpected times that it will decide itself that it will be unusable for sometime.

Tony G.

Great for organizations who adapt ITIL

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/02/01

As an IT consultant and a Tier 3 escalations engineer, I am not a daily user of Vivantio Pro as I only deal with support tickets if they are escalated to me.
However, in working with the Level 1 support desk in our organization, who uses it on a daily basis and as a mission critical application, I hear very little complaints about it on a day-to-day basis. You could say that "no news is good news" regarding users and their perception of the quality of the application :)
Secondly, in my own experience, I find Vivantio Pro easy to use and efficient. I have rarely experienced Vivantio technical issues and if there issues with access to the site, the resolution time has been more than acceptable.
Lastly, and probably most importantly, as a person who recently joined a global organization who is highly client focused and uses ITIL framework and methodologies as means to be client focused, Vivantio Pro is a good fit as it offers an adaptable and wholistic approach to IT service managment.

Pros

Adaptable an ITIL focused

Cons

More value for the money.

Marlon C.

Level 3 Support

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

Working with other service/ticket queues I have found that Vivantio is easy to use. I would like to see a couple features added as well like to see a fix on the graphs. I have been keeping track of my tickets completed to put against graphs and as well per person. I am finding that they don't match what I have completed and sometimes off by 20 tickets or more.

Pros

Ease of use, Very easy to add and work tickets when needed. This cuts down the delay you would have with bulkier ticket systems. Saving Time and money making service turn around quicker.

Cons

Need better tracking of tickets completed/closed per department, person. Graphs are now good at ticket counts.

Annie P.

A First Class Service

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

New post - receptionist - great for keeping people in the loop, everyone has access. User friendly programme can't wait to have a go at "Reports"

Pros

Everyone has access and can be kept up-to-date
User Friendly
Good tool when not on same working sites

Cons

Nothing at the moment (new user)

Tim B.

Good bang for the buck

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

Nice basic feature set, but customizing comes with a price. Could be a little more flexible, but overall has a good workflow. Significant improvement over the previous generation client. Very rare outages, and quite fast for a web based client.

Pros

Web based, and fast if you have a fast internet connection.

Cons

Could be more flexible in conforming to our workflow. Some options are not customizable, and some are, at a price.

Brian K.

Great and intuitive interface. Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

Improved SLA tracking, on the fly ticket monitoring.

Pros

Excellent process for tracking tickets and monitoring SLA. Intuitive workflow, highly customizable.

Cons

DB engine can lag at times when running larger saved searches. Not an issue, just refresh and away you go!

Greg P.

Excellent Service Desk software

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

The implementation worked very well with Vivantio assistance and we just upgraded to the pro version without much issue at all.

Pros

Ease of use and has all of the functionality that we need now.

Cons

Anything we have found issues with has been resolved or upgrading to pro has taken care of.

Cameron S.

Awsome Call Logging Software

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

Great easy to use software, user friendly and useful to produce reports.
Vivantio support is always quikc to respond and helps with all issues.

Pros

User Friendly

Cons

Can sometimes be slow

Kimberly K.

We love Vivantio!

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

So far, the customer support has been great and we really enjoy working with the Vivantio Team! We look forward to growing with the company and hopefully work with the team to get some of the features not currently available.

Pros

It's easy to use and the cost is great compared to other systems on the market with less features.

Cons

There are some features missing that would make the system so much easier, like in the Asset area; we need to be able to see the user an item is attached to and the description. It's very hard to tell what an item is based on a serial or ID number in the deafult view which means you have to go into each enter to view those details and it's a huge pain. It's my least favorite thing about the system.
Also, I LOVE to customize things so, the more customization options there are the better, for me.

Bianca G.

Bianca Gilberts review

Reviewed on 2017/02/06

We use this daily to complete work task. I love it. We can keep track of the information and it is very easy to access if we need to go back and review the ticket.

Pros

The ease of using the system

Cons

You can only accept one ticket at a time. It slows your process down. It would make our job easier if you could accept multiple tickets at once.

Ahmed S.

Good helpful tool

Reviewed on 2017/02/04

experienced supportive communication tool with our customer with good functionalities, in which we can achieve the result smoothly, but i think the layout can be in a better form

Pros

functions

Cons

layout

Matthew D.

Vivantio pro

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

I love using vivantio pro, it makes tracking our issues through environments from multiple sources a breeze compared to how it was previously done. It also congregates communication very effectively allowing everyone involved to see what is going on as it happens.

Pros

It makes tracking issues easy it also handles communication very effectively.

Cons

Nothing

Amit S.

Vivantio Pro Review

Reviewed on 2017/02/27

So far.. it's been a pleasure to use to track/monitor all our incidences, either open or pending. It also is a great tool for workflow and asset management. We have been able to assign incident tickets effortlessly to other members of the team. Creation of new user/company etc was a breeze. Thanks!

Pros

The user friendly interface and ease of use.

Cons

None so far

Jason M.

Web ticketing goodness

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

I've used other web-based ticketing systems in the past - like SchoolDude, but Vivantio is so much more... the best thing about it is the customization, to fit our company's needs.

Pros

The fact that it is web based.

Cons

The fact that, by default, it will accept any incoming email address and create a ticket.

David C.

I LOVE VIVANTIO

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

I am new to Vivantio but have found it a very user friendly system that allows me the freedom and choices to optimise my workload, the funcionality and support is top notch and due to this i now consider this area one of my strenghts.

Pros

freedom and choice

Cons

nothing

Steven K.

Migration to Vivantio Pro

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

Our recent project to migrate to Vivantio Pro has been a good experience and I know that we will benefit from the many new features and functionality available to us. We have received excellent support from cust care at Vivantio throughout the migration plan, and I really appreciate the care, time and dedication he has shown that has helped us enormously. We are now in the testing phase, but with a good design and support on building effective structures, I know that the delivery and Go-live will be a huge success.

Pros

Configuration is easier; New and improved reporting capability; Custom Forms; Escalation

Cons

So far I haven't found to many things to be negative about!

Chris E.

My time with Vivantio

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

Using vivantio is seamless and relatively easy to do. From having never used the program 2 months ago to using it on a daily basis it has become an integral part of my work life. With vivantio it allows me to keep track of all of my client tickets eventually and see what needs to be done most urgently during the day. Overall great program would recommend

Pros

-Very easy to use and provides an easy platform on which to handle client tickets

Cons

-Can be hard to get used to using at the start
-Finding old tickets can be a pain sometimes

Andrew T.

Not a perfect system, but still one of the best service management software.

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

Very good! Maybe new version could add a way to back date inputs due to different time zone would be better2

Pros

Easy to navigate and adding of details of users.

Cons

Could not back date call logs.

Samantha L.

Initial thoughts

Reviewed on 2017/02/02

I have not used customer support and do not know whether this is value for money as I am not involved in procurement. I am an analyst and our team use it to manage our workload. I have to say I don't find it very easy to use when I have to add a customer's service request retrospectively (ie. they have not requested reports via Viva desk but by email for example). Then finding the service request afterwards can be tricky once added. If you save without populating all the fields, just the 'red' compulsory ones, then the case does not save but simply disappears but it doesn't prompt you to fill anything else.

Pros

If customer's use it its a good way of tracking service requests

Cons

see previous comments, regarding adding retrospective requests. Also you do not have an Industry for Housing or Property Development on your list. I have previously worked in investment banking and also venture banking but now work for a charitable housing association (wanted to be part of a business with social objectives). Have therefore had to select 'real estate' as this is the nearest but as one of southern England's largest housing associations, we provide homes for more than 67,000 people.

5.0/10
Michael T.

I use Vivantio everday. This is probably the 8th or 9th IT ticketing software that I have used.

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

All of my tickets are in one place. Also there are pre made templates for cab changes which really comes in handy.

Pros

My favorite feature is the filters. I can cover multiple sites and check all of my team mates ticket queues with one click of a button. This really comes in handy during holidays when I am covering multiple sites.

Cons

Vivantio needs to be able to open and check more than one ticket at a time. When I have multiple tickets, it takes me an absurd amount of time to check them and put them on hold. The entire time that I am going from ticket to ticket, the sla clock is ticking, and this is time that I could be working to resolve the issues in the tickets.