MineralTree Invoice-to-Pay

Kathleen L.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

MineralTree Has Streamlined and Automated Our AP

Reviewed on 2020/08/05

Invoice-To-Pay has definitely sped up our invoice processing and allows us to spend more time to address
other job responsibilities. Having a paperless system has also allowed us to free up space in our office and cut down on lost invoices.

Pros

I love that MineralTree has allowed us to become a paperless system which also allows us to cut back on errors and missing invoices. We moved from NetSuite to MineralTree which also provided a faster way to process an invoice. With just a quick review and a few clicks the invoice is processed and ready for payment.

Cons

I don't like that the software adds purchase orders for a vendor that have been received but have nothing to do with the invoice. I also don't like that the software adds new purchase orders even if a purchase order is already assigned to the invoice.

• Industry: Philanthropy

Seamless AP automation

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Reduced AP processing time about 80%.

Pros

Very much like that it integrates directly with our accounting system (we use Sage Intacct). We also wanted a solution with very accurate scanning / input of invoices and that directly supported multiple payment methods. We have been very happy with Mineraltree and believe it has reduced our AP proocessing time by about 80%.

Cons

Overall we have been very happy with the software. It would be nice if you could email a copy of invoice directly from application when you need to refer it to someone for a question but overall this is a minor issue.

Response from MineralTree

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review for MineralTree. 80% reduction in accounts payable processing time is an excellent endorsement to validate just how effective automation is and it's great that you have benefited from MineralTree.

I would love the chance to thank you and have included my contact information here.

Kristi D.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Slashing Time

Reviewed on 2016/06/21

We started using MineralTree hard and fast. We utilized the multiple review & approval process, the document capture and nearly every payment method possible. We saved time being able to pull documents for audit with the great search feature. This used to be time consuming searching in filing cabinets. The payment process saves time where we used to print manual checks, stuff the envelopes and then attach the bill stub to be filed. Now it is at the push of the button. So many of my vendors have commented how they appreciate the email remittance that is sent out with each payment. Then things amped-up when Invoice Automation rolled out. This cut processing time in half.

Pros

The ability to capture and retain documents for review and recovery has been a wonderful resource. Being able to streamline the review, approval, and payment process with such ease has made the accounts payable process mobile which works great with our company. Most of all the continued improvement of the software impresses me. MineralTree continues to strive to fill gaps and provided services that directly benefit the A/P process .

Cons

There is still an opportunity to solve the issue of vendors that require an additional document be included with a payment. These payments are currently still done manually outside of MineralTree.

Response from MineralTree

Thanks for taking the time to review MineralTree, Kristi! Later this year you will see enhancements to our vendor remittance emails allowing you to attach additional documentation.

Julie H.

Great product! Amazing ROI

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

This product has changed AP for me personally. It's such a relief to not have to manually be cutting checks or initiating ACH payments. This makes remote AP possible and saves me and my entire team a ton of time. There are also great internal controls built in to decrease accidental mistakes and block fraud.

Pros

I think the very best part of this product is the support team. They have resolved absolutely every issue I've ever had quickly, if not immediately. They are patient, friendly, smart, and fast acting! They improvise and are able to deliver quickly on big requests. 10 out of 10 stars for them!

Cons

The bill credit process needs help. I also cannot get POs in Netsuite to close after I've entered a bill in MT.

Darla W.
  • Industry: Online Media

Mineral Tree helps streamline AP Processing for SMB

Reviewed on 2016/10/14

I've used Mineral Tree with two different software integrations for about 2 years now. I'm impressed with the stability and speed at which improvements and new functionality is introduced. The application provides separate approval workflows for the invoice as well as the payments. This is very valuable in the organizations that I work with as invoices are approved by the various department heads, but the payments are approved by the CFO. No other bill pay solution I've found provides this separation.

Pros

Solid internal control and separation of duties. Also speed at which new features and functionality are delivered.

Cons

Too many clicks to review the history and detail on a paid invoice.

Response from MineralTree

Darla, thanks so much for your review! We're glad you love our segregation of duties functionality.

Candice V.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Time Saver

Reviewed on 2020/03/13

Pros

It is very nice not to print out checks, wait for them to get signed then mail them out. It really has saved us time.

Cons

I wish we could attach a document to go with the check. Some of our Vendors expect a certain paper or report to go with their payment. I have to email that separately.

Elaine C.
  • Industry: Farming

Mineral Tree Time Saving

Reviewed on 2016/09/13

Pros

The ease of the initial installation of Mineral Tree.

Cons

The voice communication has some limitations. It takes a few times to reach a live person.

Julie O.

They send check so we don't have to

Reviewed on 2016/06/30

Pros

That it syncs to our financial systems and updates customer records.

Cons

Sometimes it isn't timely with the syncing between systems.

Response from Lauren

Thanks for taking the time to review MineralTree, Julie. You'll be happy to hear that we are releasing a product update next month that will speed up the time between sync cycles.

• Industry: Consumer Services

MineralTree Review

Reviewed on 2016/06/30

MineralTree is a program that allows my company to pay vendors in a shared economy setting. It consolidates a lot of our work, and does make our lives significantly easier by automating our payment process.

Pros

The process of synchronizing payments with QuickBooks, and processing payments is easy to use and slick.

Cons

There have been several times when synching with Quickbooks has been significantly delayed that have hindered our workflow. Other than this, great product.

Response from MineralTree

Thanks for reviewing MineralTree!

William T.
  • Industry: Accounting

Review of MineralTree

Reviewed on 2016/06/30

Pros

I appreciate the simplicity of the webpage, and the logical flow.

Cons

There are a lot of things that go wrong. These issues range from constant issues with synching with Quickbooks to our payee's receiving emails we have asked that they not receive.

Response from Lauren

Thanks for the review, William. We are working to reduce sync errors and improve reporting so stay tuned for future product releases.

Ken H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

AP made easy

Reviewed on 2016/07/26

MT has been a great asset to our community! Overall, I would recommend this product to any company for their AP.

Pros

Easy to navigate. Friendly customer service.

Cons

Program can be glitchy at times. A few tweaks could make the program even more user friendly. Default itemization of all invoices

Response from MineralTree

Thanks for the review, Ken! Currently, you can turn on/off the itemization of invoices at a company level. We are releasing a new feature in the coming weeks that updates the invoice detail screen in its entirety, but in the meantime, you can view an invoice in full-screen via the computer icon button in the document viewer. We¿d love to speak with you directly to hear more feedback - our Director of Customer Success will be reaching out to you soon.

Ivan O.

My experience using MineralTree has been great. I wish I knew about it earlier in my career.

Reviewed on 2017/12/01

Pros

-The two way communication between our accounting software and MineralTree
-Real time updates
-User friendly
-no need to print checks on our end our log into the bank to set up ach batches
-minimizes the risk of duplicate payments as it automatically marks things paid in the accounting software

Mo ching L.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Extremely easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

I would definitely recommend this to my friends. It gave me a lot of time to do my other things.

Pros

It's user friendly. You can store a lot of documents. It eliminates a lot of paper work for me.

Cons

The installation is not as easy as I thought.

Audree A.
  • Industry: Accounting

works great with Quickbooks quick and easy

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

I can pay vendors quickly, I like the documents review and retain features. The email notification for payments is fantastic.

Cons

Took some time to learn the ACH process. It is best to not use the same date because the bank lumps it together and it makes it difficult to reconcile on the daily.

Josh B.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Robust product- does EVERYTHING you expect!

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

This is an amazing product- massively reduces manpower needed at every step of invoicing. Their OCR is fallible to error (as is all OCR) but they built a low-effort review step into the process that's usually handled by an admin who previously spent 10x more effort on invoicing, anyway.

The 'best' feature of this product is a 3 way tie between:
-automated workflows that automatically direct invoices to likely parties
-multi stage approvals, based on your company's spending policies
-payment method that lets your COO or CFO release as much/little money as they want, vendor by vendor

This product integrates with QuickBooks better than others I've seen.

Cons

This is a little pricey... but still worth the money. My complaint about the cost is based on the idea that this product is so efficient, management really needs to be prepared to shed headcount to justify the cost. Obviously a company serious about their bottom line will realize the value.

Eric S.

Decent, but not great, software for accounts payable

Reviewed on 2021/03/31

It has been a tough transition, and our old software through SharePoint was easier to use overall, for the user and the administrator.

Pros

We switched to MineralTree for accounts payable last year, and the review process for submitting invoices to Finance is relatively seamless. The layout and functionality are two highlights.

Cons

When there are multiple approvers or budget managers involved, the software can be slow to use, and really cause delays for paying invoices. Also, editing or fixing pre-loaded invoices is not easy whatsoever.

Sylvia J.

Helped speed up our AP Process

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Pros

It has removed a lot of the manual work and allowed for a quicker more accurate process. It is also a great value for the money!

Cons

Sometimes we have syncing issues between NetSuite and the platform, but support is quick to respond.

Chelsea C.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

it is all good so far.

Pros

It is definitely helps a lot for our payable function.

Cons

credit memo sometime can be misaligned and will cause problems in outstanding amount in bills.

• Industry: Philanthropy

Cost effective end-to-end AP automation solutions

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

It was very helpful to have system implemented before we went to work from home due to the COVID crisis. Were easily able to manage the invoice to pay process with employees working remotely.

Pros

Integrated very well with accouting package (Sage Intacct). We were able to get up and running quickly. Like that it is an end to end solution: invoice capture, routing and payments within one application.

Cons

Very little that we don't like. Would be helpful to be able to message and/or email staff on questions about an invoice while in application.

Brooke R.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great Tool To Streamline AP Invoice Entry and Payments

Reviewed on 2016/06/22

MineralTree has been great to work with-especially in terms of feedback. When we originally started using the software, some features were missing that we really wanted to see added, so we shared our feedback with the CS Team and our requests were answered in the next two releases. That is immensely valuable as we know that if our needs ever changed and we required the software to function in a different capacity, we could work with the MineralTree team to devise a solution to fit our needs. There have been very few issues thus far, the only one worth mentioning being a glitch that caused a delay in invoice processing for a day or two; upon reporting the issue the team immediately responded and kept us informed of the status of the fix so we were never left wondering. The amount of time spent capturing vendor invoices has been greatly reduced, and errors minimized since entry is automated. Now, instead of spending time on data entry we can automate that portion and better utilize our staff for approval and review, and other more meaningful tasks that can add value to the business versus simply keying in invoices. While we don't utilize the system for Payments currently, I've personally used the software for another business and leveraged Payments. The Payments made check issue incredibly easy, especially when the check-signer was busy or out-of-town. Overall, highly recommend and very pleased.

Pros

Easy to use, streamlined AP processes well, highly responsive customer service team, very collaborative and user-focused. Not a sign-up and never hear from them again kind of company - very engaged and a rarity in today's marketplace.

Cons

Would like the window pop-up for invoice entry to be larger so it fills more of the screen overall like the homepage does. Other than that, really no complaints to date.

Response from MineralTree

Thanks for the review, Brooke. You'll be excited to hear that we will be enhancing the invoice screen in an upcoming feature release. Stay tuned!

Michael F.
  • Industry: Information Services

Initial Experience with MineralTree AP

Reviewed on 2017/03/13

I have found the MineralTree application to be very functional in providing us an automated process to capture, approve and pay our vendor invoices. It is easy to learn, setup and begin using. As with any application, there are a few user interface and feature changes we'd like to see... but it is light years ahead of our prior process. I think MineralTree will be a very efficient and cost effective solution for us.

Pros

The combination of easy capture with the approval process. Paying the invoices in addition is just a great plus. Getting all three in one solution is going to be a big help.

Cons

I think the user interface is very plain in a few areas. The "Search" screen is very crude by today's standards though it is adequate. And while I understand the need for security, for anyone who works with the application all day the 5 minute timeout is a significant inconvenience. Complex passwords, two factor authentication are all reasonable to get logged in. However, once logged in there has to be some latitude for the customer to determine that their workstation is in a secure location and that the timeout can be increased.

Teressa E.

Very simple, streamlined process for paying invoices!

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Saves a ton of time on AP entry and removes the need for all physical document storage.

Pros

We love the integration with Quickbooks Online! It adds the bill automatically, then matches it to the payment that comes through the bank. So much time is saved on manual entry.

Cons

There is a small period of time when you get up and running that the ACH function will take longer to hit vendor accounts (5-7 days rather than 2-3 days). Once you get over that stage, it works great.

Brianm C.

What a relief!

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Pros

This software is easy to set up and easy to use. PDF'ing and creating bills in Netsuite is super convenient and the approval trails work as intended.

Cons

My only complaint is the less than real time sync with Netsuite. It's minor, but after you create bills in the platform you have to wait several minutes before they sync to Netsuite and can be submitted.

Sean D.

Worth every penny

Reviewed on 2016/06/15

I am using MineralTree for a second company if that tells you anything. It seamlessly integrates, the customer support is fantastic, and built-in controls make my audits a breeze.

Pros

The amount of time it saved from cutting manual checks.

Cons

We've had issues when working with it in QB's hosted on Right networks. However, the customer support has been fantastic!

Response from MineralTree

Thanks for taking a few minutes to review MineralTree, Sean.

Thomas L.

Revolutionizes the AP function

Reviewed on 2020/03/13

Great implementation process and great product.

Pros

Makes managing the A/P function infinitely easier. Electronic approvals for invoices and payments are a must today. Goodbye email approvals, printing invoices, filing paper, so on. I started a new job and wanted to implement this quickly and MineralTree delivered. Intuitive to use once you get used to it. We spend so much less time and effort doing A/P because we have this tool.

Cons

Customization of layout would be nice to have, such as our company logo. I believe this is available for the larger tier customers but not for smaller companies.